Reviews of West Park Summer Campus

319 Perth Road, Dundee, DD2 1NN, United Kingdom

The mattress was quite hard and the windows only opened a little meaning the room felt stuffy in the warm weather

Good location in the west end. Room was clean and good value for money

Booking was saver rate with NIL cancellation fee until very close to stay. However, I was charged immediately which meant that had I cancelled, I would have incurred two foreign exchange fees on my credit card. Thus I could not use my debit card which I had intended to use with Pounds sterling loaded - I live in Australia. Normally NIL cancellations are NOT charged until very close to booking date. Seminar residents took up most parking spaces - difficult to find a space a couple of days - disappointing as available parking was one reason we choose this venue.

Chef went out of her way to obtain Gluten Free cereal and make sure my breakfasts were all GF. Bathroom was compact but had shower which we appreciated rather than have to climb in and out of bath for over bath shower.

The noise of the extractor in the bathroom and it was a bit cramped in the room. The bathroom was spacious but there was little room to put our cases...we had 3.

It was clean, the bedding looked well laundered and clean too. We liked the big shower space and the actual shower was so easy to use. We also were amazed at the constant heat pressure of the shower. A joy to use.

I was hoping for breakfast but discovered I'd booked self-catering. Not a problem, though, once I got organised.

Excellent value for money. I needed a place to stay in between homes and it offered everything I was looking for.

There was a residential seminar during our stay and parking was hard to find these days. Also no swimming pool - although I knew this prior to staying so cannot complain about that now. Rooms and en-sutie were small.

Location was excellent for our purposes. Although I had not received a response to my query when booking re Gluten Free bread and cereal, bread was available and chef kindly purchased cereal which I greatly appreciated.

Beds were poor quality. Couldn't open the window more than half an inch. Room would have been very hot/ stuffy on a walm night. I feel the correct pricing for this room was 50.00GBP per night.

Room was quiet.

This is student accommodation let out for the holidays. Simple, but comfortable and clean with a very good breakfast. Friendly staff. On a par with good budget hotels but with a better breakfast and at a better price.

The location is in the west end of the city but not close to the centre. Nearest shops, restaurants and bars are a 10-15 minute walk and the centre of town id likely to be a bus ride (infrequent) or taxi. Not a problem for me as I like walking and know my way around.

The deluxe student accommodation; double bed, en-suite facilities, tv, kettle, breakfast room nearby and the stunning views over the Tay estuary to Fife. The car park is very close and well lit. The staff were very friendly and always helpful.

If your booking for disabled access room, then be sure to ring before you arrive, as mine was over looked till I arrived. There are no lifts, so I was moved to the ground floor. Breakfast is cereal, toast, scrambled egg, sausages and beans. My 5 year old didn't eat much.

Quiet site and not far from the town centre.

This is cheap and nasty student accommodation. Not what you'd expect for £60 per night! Bed was full of springs with only one pillow each. Bathroom floor was covered in grime, especially around the plugs. It was also safe to say our carpet had not been hoovered and our main light wasn't working when we arrived. Would not recommend this unless your standards are very low and you have money to waste.

If you're planning to visit Edinburgh is too far away. I wish they had a fridge in the room, or have acces to the dining area of the flats.

The breakfast was good, not great but much better than any other places this category. The staff was very nice and helpful. Very quite at night

I liked everything the bed was very comfortable

The quietness and the locality. My only suggestion is can we have additional items for the fry i.e. bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms etc

With Kid the room size is not enough.Breakfast was decent and could have been bit better.

Property is well equipped for a couple. nice and clean. Lot of restaurants option near by.

Rooms and beds were clean but bed was not the most comfortable. Breakfast was a bit of a joke! No Plates and very little food and we arrived at breakfast at 8.30 a.m. I dont think they had enough staff to deal with the amount of people staying at that time.

Rooms and beds were clean but beds were not the most comfortable.

Breakfast a little indifferent the Sunday was disappointing the other guests were animals rude and wasteful the staff were professional through out the ordeal

Situated in a great spot waking distance from the city good affordable bus service helpful staff

No breakfast at all or even vending machines. We arrived tired; hungry and thirsty. Went to room to shower and change no good water pressure to shower half a loo roll bo cutilery or plates or mugs in the self service appartment so how are we suppose to even drink tab water not alone cook and eat no idea. Asked why breakfast not available despite ads saying its they informed me booking.com wrong breakfast not allowed or offered for self service appartment when asked can I get a mug or glasses to drink they reponded ask reception in the morning overall awful just clean bed to sleep but seriously you cant do anything or even have a shower or drink water; thankfully town close and we've managed to literally. Having to buy everything outside as we couldn't even make a cup if tea where they put us! No kitchen stuff as mention above fridge and oven looked filthy and kettle never used either so not sure. But cleaners cleaned all surfaces and floor I have to say overall clean ok but no toilet rolls or bedding and towels after u check in ur stuck with whatever they gave you or not in this case and no kitchen stuff insane.

Staff friendly and helpful but armed tied to even how often they change towels and bedding!

The signage outside the main reception and the campus itself was inadequate. We did not know what to expect, so had a long search for the place from sat nav - indeed found ourselves in the cemetery at one point.

It was excellent value. Because of an influx of late visitors the breakfast was a little rushed, but the staff remained helpful and courteous.

The bed was not very comfortable and the shower was not very good . Breakfast was not very well organised with food, hot drinks and fresh fruit juices running out frequently

The accomodation was fine for being budget

The bed was very uncomfortable! You could feel every spring in the mattress - we didn't have a good night's sleep in our 7 nights there unfortunately. I've stayed in many places worldwide, some much more basic than this, but this is the worst mattress I've come across. I did tell the staff after the third uncomfortable night but nothing changed. I feel sorry for any student who pays a lot and has to put up with that mattress for 9 months!

This was a good location for our purpose and the accommodation, though very 'studenty' was adequate. Parking was easy and the staff were helpful and friendly.

• Apartment

Preston Albert Watson (1880-1915) may be buried in the Western Cemetery, but my daughters did not want to sleep on the side facing the Cemetery, I must say it did not bother me one little bit. There were a great many empty rooms in the self catering section, perhaps finding a way of letting out the rooms on a single room basis and locking up the self catering facilities would be away of filling West Park, where there is empty space there is waste, you are not using the facilities to the full advantage.

We were self catering, we could come and go as we pleased, no fuss no bother. We enjoyed the freedom of self catering, we could sample the local products which were available 24 hours round the clock.

All good.

We needed a one night stay & it was great value, it's student accommodation but adequate & clean. Westend Dundee is a lovely area with plenty pubs & restaurants within 15mins walk=perfect.

Cobwebs around window in corridor bathroom bin not cleared daily one member of staff on Sunday morning in high heels in dining room had to ask her for scrambled egg as it had run out as did most stuff on Sunday breakfast who has yet to acknowledge any customers at all and didn't manage a smile yet Rest of staff pleasant but very reserved were there but not a happy looking group. Having said all that I might go back again how ever holiday inn has nothing to fear from this accommodation competition

Nice area compact room reasonably modern

I left my hair straighteners and phone charger in the room. I contacted the hotel who have still not got back to me regarding this.

Our room was not satisfactory due to a very uncomfortable mattress and a few hairs on the sheets. When we reported this we were moved to an alternative room immediately.

The walls are paperthin so I could hear everything being said in the next room and the bathroom (though clean) needs to be fixed up a bit especially the shower

The room was clean ,the bed was fine and the TV worked so I was happy,it was very quiet at night and buses going to the center are only about 2 min,walk away

Walking in rain to another building for breakfast. Institutional feel to corridors and stairs of "halls of residence" rooms. People hanging about smoking at the entrances.

Nice breakfast. Quiet room. Not too far from town centre by car, on bus routes.

Room was very small and the double bed was against the wall on one side, which was not good for getting up to the bathroom. The bathroom was a wet room and in need of an update.

Staff were helpful. Probably ok for young people and/or students. Ok if you dont mind VERY basic accommodation.

Friendly, helpful staff. Great location. Amazing views on the airport. Close to a restaurant. Reasonable prices for anything in the hotel. Beds are really comfy and room is very clean.

The bed was absolutely diabolical. I came away a day earlier because I couldn't stay another night in that bed.breakfast was egg beans and sausage everyday.Could have varied the items.felt like you were in a prison block.

lift was very good . Also shower.

Definitely not a hotel. Not somewhere to stay if you want a weekend away with your partner. Noisy campus, room cleanliness was poor and rooms are cramped.

The sausages at breakfast were good

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

The bed was uncomfortable and certainly not a double bed or room.The cooked breakfast was poor.Very misleading advertising. Its only in the small print that this is student accommodation.No restaurant or bar for relaxation.I would not recommended this place.

It was clean.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

TV in room had poor signal so couldn't watch it, the Scrambled Eggs (from powder.?) not the best at breakfast - but all the rest of the breakfast was good,

Nice breakfast, especially the sausages, the coffee and the croissants - and it's good to have free WiFi

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

The bathroom needs some kind of renovation.

Very good value for money. Nothing exceptional, but everything was clean and in good standard. The staff, in general, was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

staff was not that help full at the front desk I reported that the TV was not working picture was bad I phoned up and the said manager would get back to me never happened traveling with a small child TV should have dvd inserts

the room was ok

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

I don't think it should be called a hotel,I think it should be more like a student campus.i don't think the cook knows how to make scramble eggs,never seen scramble eggs totally white,didn't look like eggs and didn' the taste like eggs,breakfast stunk ,only one towel for 2 people,had to request for a second one ??????????

N/a

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

You could hear sound from other rooms but what you would expect from student accommodation.

The bed was very comfortable and having an en suite room was ideal. The room was very clean with a tray of tea or coffee a welcome addition. The accommodation was basic but just as we expected and the proximity to the city centre was ideal. Free parking was also a bonus.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Beds were uncomfortable We complained about the corridor and landing doors slamming shut and the noise throughout the building. We were told they were fire doors, our reply was that we knew that but they don't have to slam shut.

Location and grounds

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Walls were very thin, could hear everything the people in the next room said and did. Heating system very noisy.

Nice area, pleasant room. Breakfast OK. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Our bed was a bit hard. Quite a walk to find a good place for dinner.-(A little Sicilian restaurant on Perth Rd with good salads and pizzas.)

An exc ellent breakfast with plenty of choice. Location would have been better for those driving but we enjoyed the walk to town in the fine weather. Good servicing of the room.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Only problem maybe getting in and out of the double bed which was at the wall. Would go for single beds next time

It was handy for most amenities and not too far from eating places. Breakfast was good with a great choice

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Elimination of the loud playing of music by a group of guests (? ) on Saturday between 11pm and midnight would have been nice.

Breakfast was good. View of the cemetery was ok and over to Newport on Tay on a sunny Sunday morning was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

It is a basic student room,rented when they are not there .. when you get the key they tell you villa number so and so on .. tipico Britain .. no quality but big words ...

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Breakfast was always good. Staff very helpful and pleasant. West Park provided us with an inexpensive vantage point from where we could really appreciate the beauty of Scotland. A wonderful break. Thanks.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Double bed only had access at one side and was very narrow. Breakfast offering was very limited. Glad it didn't rain as room was some distance from reception and dining area.

Cleanliness and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Breakfast was a farce ,staff not prepared. Ran out of coffee, tea, egg no beans or tomato. Guests left standing around waiting for staff to replenish food stocks no bread or juice .fresh bread and juice brought out in pack instead of a jug and and tray. Hallway stinks of urine. And to top it off fire alarm went off early in the morning. Also no parking space where we were staying had to park in the street. This is what happens when you buy cheap, lesson learned never again!!!

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

a few slapping doors, but you get that in other places too

Rooms are clean and bed was lovely and comfy (if you like a hard mattress) basic facilities but for 1 night stay was valve for money. yes its student uni dorm, but if you using it for it as a base to explore area then it will suit you.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Lack of variety with the cooked breakfast. Always only sausages, scrambled eggs and beans each morning. Perhaps bacon or poached or boiled eggs could be made available.

Friendly and efficient waitresses. Nothing was too much trouble. Room always cleaned and tidied and mid-week change of towels and bedding.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

We were under the impression this was a hotel - it was not made clear that it was student campus accommodation. Certainly not suitable for us, particularly as my husband has mobility problems. As breakfast was served in another building and involved a bit of a walk we decided not to not have it. Our first disappointment with Booking.com which we use quite often..

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

bed wasn't the most comfortable - mattress very hard. Probably didn't help that i was sharing it with another large man.

breakfast was a nice bonus, close to the Invercarse where the other wedding party was staying.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Clostrophobic room looked like a college campus room. Tiny TV and could hear conversations in the next room very clearly. But for the money we paid I guess we expected that

Comfortable bed and value for money

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Too early check out , barely edible breakfast , tiny sink , struggled to wash and shave , wasn't told it was a student dorm , would never have booked if I had known ,

Nice friendly receptionist

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Did not understand that this was student accommodation on booking. No facilities - bar, restaurant etc. Nearby facilities not nearby! I can see that the accommodation and facilities would be perfect for me if I was on a business trip, but not a social event.

The breakfast was fresh, hot, well cooked and had a good variety. Extras complimented the cooked very well. Very enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Room was very basic. Stairs with no lift. Street lighting very poor to accommodation and would not like to have been on my own. Being from out of town there was no place close to hand where we could eat.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Thought it was a hotel got ther to find its student accomodation no rooms in main building its all offices 2 concrete blocks on the grounds full of bedrooms. I was in block 1 had to get the lift to 3rd floor then go through a door along a corridor to 1 of the bedrooms, very basic bed brick hard size of the shower was shocking trying to wash my hair & elbows hitn of the walls it was that small also people hanging about outside the building didnt feel safe. £168 I paid for 3 nights nower near worth that money.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

The rooms were extremely poor standard for the price charged. Should have gone to a hotel or premier in. I understand it's student accommodation and therefore very basic but this should be reflected in the price.

Ok selection of cereals but the hot food choices were very limited

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

They need to provide accurate pictures of their rooms. I booked a double room because I thought I would be given a room in West Park Flats (like in the pictures), but I was given a room in the older West Park Villas. The breakfast was very limited, with hot dishes limited to scrambled eggs, sausages and baked beans. The only change in the entire selection between the two days I stayed there was that there were different fruits.

The hotel was close to Ninewells Hospital (15min bus ride away).

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

For price paid for 2 nights b&b nothing we did't like you get what it says on the tin

Great for 1 or 2 night stay room very basic bed very very comfy great power shower staff very friendly plenty of onsite parking bus stop right outside if you require a bus into the city will be back

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

sound-proofing of the rooms. the doors often banged and there was a lot of noise from a party in the room below me on one night

decent breakfast in the Mansion

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

I didn't realise it was student accommodation and not a hotel as this was not made clear on booking. It lacks restaurant or cafe facilities selling refreshments for travellers. I didn't like having to go to a separate building from the reception rooms for my bedroom. There was no flexibility on check- in times and I would have preferred to check in earlier to suit my arrangements for the day. Staff were pleasant enough but seemed reluctant to be more helpful.

The breakfast included hot food which I wasn't expecting. The room was comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

No bar on site so if you get a thirst it's a walk in to town. No CCTV covering the car park out side the flats I stayed in

Cheap and cheerful is the best way this accomodation is described Student accomodation let out when the students are away. Perfectly adequate for my 2 nigh business trip. Room had everything I needed even if the TV was a bit small. Breakfast was buffet style and nothing to greatly shout about. Easy walk in to town for food in an evening.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

For £70 it was very very over priced, the bed was rubbish, the wifi didn't work or was so slow it was useless and the breakfast was the worst I've ever had.

I wish I had of had time to read the write ups before I paid as I wouldn't of stayed at the so called hotel.

small room.. black marks in shower.. only one side to get in and out of bed.

Student accommodations!!!!!

Shower a bit cramped.

Comfortable room. Breakfast included. Quiet location.

We are always bemused by scramble eggs that don't seem to involve any fresh eggs.

The breakfast was quite basic.

The breakfast was really good it was really good

Room, bathroom, shower, breakfast

Very poor in almost all respects

coffee was great, as was breakfast

Rooms small but otherwise excellent.

Breakfasts fabulous Able to catch up on laundry. Parking plentiful.

Better signage, from the road and to and from reception.

Staff welcome.

Room is not value for money if I had known the room was going to be as tiny as it was I would have booked a nice hotel for £60!

Walking outside to breakfast in the rain.

Quiet and peaceful.

The price and bus stop out front, number 9 bus straight to the city 5 minutes

Foul smell

Not much

Was dirty & dated. Poor facilities

I stayed for 3 weeks but had to go elsewhere because the price jumped up £20 per night.

Easy parking, clean room & friendly reception staff