2. UK hotel reviews
  3. Ayrshire hotel reviews
  4. Ayr hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Western House Hotel

Reviews of Western House Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

66 Craigie Road, Ayr, KA8 0HA, United Kingdom

#1 of 7 hotels in Ayr

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: February 18, 2019

very comfortable.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

"Courtyard" did not quite describe the building in which the room was located and there was a definite smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway which I think was blowing in from outside the building but overall a really good find.

the room was much larger than I expected and the facilities really good. I thought it was exceptional value for money. it was a good location and within easy walking distance of the town.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

Fantastic overnight stay with great staff , helpful from arrival to departure
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Just thought that you would have racing tv on the tv in your room or at least in the bar area which has no TVs at all, especially so with being a hotel linked to the course .

Liked the fact we got an upgrade to main hotel with beautiful views over the racecourse and gardens .

• Reviewed: February 6, 2019

great place to stay for a wedding
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

lack of lift in courtyard rooms, not informed on booking.

stayed after a lovely wedding, we were in the courtyard rooms, on the third floor, no lifts, our friend who has mobility problems was also here but room was changed with little problem. Room large, opening window, water provided, large comfortable bed

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

I thought the hotel and the room was excellent.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

I did not like having to climb out of the shower as there was no handrail to hold on to.

I thought the hotel and the room was excellent. We did not have breakfast in the hotel as my husband had a hospital appointment. No food.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

Fantastic would recommend
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

There was a slight leak when we had a shower but think this was just the seal round the bath.

We were booked into the court yard as there were no rooms left in the main hotel. We we pleasantly surprised, the room exceeded our expectations, was spacious with a huge bed at separate bathroom.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

Amazing stay - we have stayed with this hotel numerous times...
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Amazing stay - we have stayed with this hotel numerous times and always been a pleasure. Booked this time on a last minute deal l, was upgraded on arrival and it was fantastic.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2019

The best hotel, the best room we've had yet.
    • Executive Double Room

Absolutely no complaints. Just perfect.

This was the best room we have ever stayed in. It had everything we could possibly want. Huge bath, large TV, too much to mention. We've already booked our next stay here.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

Ok
    • Executive Double Room

My booking for Weston House Hotel through bookings .com advertised breakfast included ,but when we came to check out we got charged for breakfast ,only to be told by reception that bookings.com do this all the time ,SO BEWARE.

Excellent room ,after last times fiasco with weddings and major race meetings clashing,cause major upsets aground.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

Traditional hotel with excellent staff!

We booked at the last minute over the Christmas period. The rooms in main hotel were superb and the staff very friendly and efficient. The Scottish breakfast is excellent!

• Reviewed: January 19, 2019

Beautiful main building with gardens and view of racecourse
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Bed was very uncomfortable and cooked breakfast was very greasy

Beautiful main building with gardens and view of racecourse Well equipped courtyard rooms Friendly staff

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

Everything TBH, the room was great, good size, comfy bed,...
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Nothing really, just I was slightly disappointed that we didn't stay in the grand looking building pictured on booking.com.

Everything TBH, the room was great, good size, comfy bed, clean.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

Thoroughly enjoyable stay
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Options on coffee were limited . Some people had some idea on what was being asked for and some definitely did not. Not a major but would have been nice

Kippers were excellent. Staff friendly and attentive

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

Luxury
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

As an accomodation highlight of our trip. Right on the racecourse and within walking distance to the train station for our bus to the ferry terminal. Dinner and breakfast were absolutely delicious and a real treat and the room was so spacious with a king sized bed and shower AND bath. There is even a pillow menu! The staff are especially friendly too and we felt very welcomed.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

Paint smell and poor electrics
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The electrical circuit board, MCB RCCB box was making a buzzing noice, on inspection a contactor for the ring mains was buzzing and overheating, this will have been due to drawing overcurrent. The safety relay should have opened to protect this circuit from fire. I reported to staff and they happily move my room. Only, the next room was in same condition. I was informed they'd recently had a renovation and the rewire was a part of this. I can only assume, without any electrical testing devices that the job was not done to regulation standards, and if inspected, would fail. In my opinion, as a profesional Electrical Engineering Consultant, it's a fire risk. Also, due to the recent refurbishment, there was still a strong smell of paint. This gave us incredibly bad headaches over our stay! Also, the window didn't close once opened

The staff were very friendly and accommodating seeming to take my concerns seriously. It was in a good location.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

• Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Huge bed & very comfortable, pillows excellent. Loved the little touches, shortbread, hot chocolate, bottled water, and fresh milk available on request

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

Great quality at this price
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Bed was very large, but a little firm for our liking: just a matter of preference, no real complaint

Ample sized room in annex 2: great value for our late booking needs. Very nice location right at the racecourse

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

A touch of class in Ayr
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

This hotel is up there with the best hotels I've ever stayed in. It was immaculate, free water, tea and shortbread in the room on arrival and offered help with luggage to the room. A smart TV equipped with Netflix. I would recommend this hotel to anybody who is thinking of travelling to Ayr. It may not be the closest to the town centre but at most it's a 20 minute walk or a 5 minute taxi journey.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2018

The ambiance of the place was beautifully set out all the...
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Having to leave.Me and my partner felt so relaxed and very well looked after.

The ambiance of the place was beautifully set out all the way through.Spotless couldn’t fault it.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

If you want to hear your neighbors all night stay here...
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The paper thin walls. You could hear everything in the next room... and I mean everything. Very very unpleasant!! I would not recommend staying here if you are in one of the dodgy annexed rooms.

The restaurant and main building were nice. If you're in one of the courtyard rooms that are not part of the main building you will have a very bad time.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Great hotel, good location, staff great and food very good, would definitely return
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Too much tiling in bathroom meant that the floor was very slippy after shower and walls were soaking wet

Massive bed really comfy, courtyard room clean and nice little touches in room including fruit, bathrobes and slippers. We had dinner meal was fab and breakfast tasty. Staff were very pleasant and we had a good laugh whilst enjoying our meal. Check in was easy and smooth and the reception team were very welcoming.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Excellent and enjoyable stay.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Not a thing. Everything was what we expected from this hotel.

We were visiting family and friends and liked the location and convenience of the hotel and were very pleased with the polite and friendly staff. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and intend to stay once again at a future date.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Great stay shame about the weather.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Breakfast was a bit slow as it was busy and staff were struggling to cope but we weren’t in a hurry and food was good.

Always enjoy my stay at Western House rooms are always warm and clean.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Very comfortable, very happy stay and great value for money.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

there was nothing to criticise.

Breakfast could not have been better, fully served, no buffet and in a very comfortable dining room. Location is adjoining Ayr Race Course with plenty of safe parking. Although in a Courtyard room, it was huge with a huge very comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

great fun..the staff were the key...
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The room was perhaps a bit tired eg the bathroom needs updating but spotless nevertheless, large and spacious...

The staff were extremely helpful timely polite and in particular the housekeeper who put herself out working late to sort out our safe in our room...the restaurant staff and bar staff were excellent too and made our stay very comfortable and very enjoyable...

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

Good value for purpose of trip.Just a shade less than expected service.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Reception less responsive than previous visits although less busy with guests. Fewer toiletries provided .Just a fraction less perfect than previous stays at hotel.

Spacious rooms with excellent beds and pillows.Tea and coffee making facilities good Water and fruit in room on arrival. Bathrobes and slippers provided.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

Room good, food poor.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Breakfast was poor with the cooked food, apart from the egg, dried up and Luke warm. The food had clearly been cooked some time ago and had been lying. Pretty poor for a 4 star hotel. Toast was burnt, sent it back it was so bad and got fresh. Looks as if it had even been scraped. Should not be difficult to produce decent breakfast.

Room was great plenty space.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

We would recommend Western House to any and everyone. An excellent hotel.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

We liked everything. It was great.

All aspects of our visit were wonderful. The staff, the room, the facilities - the evening meal we had - all was excellent. The amenities in the room itself were wonderful including soft bathrobes and slippers. Just a lovely place.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

Although we slept well because of other negatives we would not return
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Wedding in main hotel meant we couldn’t eat in the restaurant. No lift to our floor - very bad Not told we wouldn’t be in main hotel.

Range of TV options excellent Bed very good

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Loved it. Will definitely be back.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

My mum and I spent Sunday into Monday at Western House and were so impressed by the size and comfort of the room, the service, the grounds and the quality of the breakfast. A high-class stay and a bargain price. Sonia De Rosa.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

The hotel staff was very friendly and professional.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The hotel staff was very friendly and professional. Dinner was amazing and breakfast was delicious and very well served. Fantastic hotel. Thank you.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

My friends and I had a meal in the Restaurant before we went...
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

I used the shower in Room 213 - found a long dark hair in the bath as I stepped in. On return from the Wedding Reception I used the en-suite and discovered the extractor fan would not switch off. I contacted Reception at 1.30am - a Porter arrived - he couldn't get it to switch off either - I was then transferred to another room in the opposite block, with the Porter's help with my cases. Reception Staff apologised on check out in the morning, but I was disappointed that no compensation was offered for the inconvenience I was caused. Overall the amount I was charged - £65 - was excessive for a disappointing experience. Reception Staff advised that I would have got a better deal if I had booked direct with the Hotel - not helpful after the event!

My friends and I had a meal in the Restaurant before we went to an Evening Wedding Reception - I chose the Cheese Burger - it was enormous, which put me off - I left 2/3 of the meal. Perhaps 2 sizes could be offered?

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

Overall good
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

WiFi signal in courtyard room wasn’t very strong could not access it through my iPad. Wedding guest did not have breakfast included in price of stay

Attending wedding at hotel, beautiful surroundings,Enjoyed my stay

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Would highly recommend this hotel overall x
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The only thing was I was in courtyard rooms and was very noisy in the morning x

The hotels full setting was beautiful inside and out all the smaller details like hot chocolate and short bread on the bedside table to the bottle of water on arrival just makes you feel more welcome x

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

My stay experience.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Reception and general housekeeping staff were at best indifferent seemed unable to smile. Rooms lack certain basic amenities like a refrigerator and shoeshine. No concierge service. We had to carry our luggage upstairs to our rooms from the reception and back down the stairs at checkout.

Very beautiful gardens. Great location. Warm rooms. Good room service.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Pleasant, comfortable, mildly luxurious, and with fine food--within 15 mintues of Prestwick Airport!
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

We stayed at the Western House Hotel only for one night and only because we had a flight out of Prestwick early the next morning, but I wish we could have stayed longer! The staff was very professional and attentive. Although we arrived 2 hours before check-in time, they welcomed us, took our bags, and showed us to a lounge area where we could make ourselves at home, with tea and wifi, while we waited; when our room was ready, they came to let us know. Our room was quiet and comfortable, and we had a delicious dinner there as well.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Excellent value

The courtyard annexe is a wee bit tired, but still excellent large clean rooms

Great value with lots of little extras in our room, eg hot water bottle, fruit etc

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Lovely room in Courtyard annex.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Lovely room in Courtyard annex. Main Hotel beautiful. Food very different and lovely in hotel restaurant and very reasonably priced. Amazing location in the racecourse.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

We were nourished and nurtured and permitted to truly relax and deeply sleep before our journey.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The corridors between the rooms were a bit dingy and didn't do the fabulous accommodation justice.

We were exhausted, having travelled down from a wedding in Plockton, and the Western House Hotel, of which we had no expectations, took us in and nurtured us. We were too late for dinner but the breakfast was excellent, and those who served it attentive and cheerful. The bar and bar staff were brilliant, and the room and bed wonderfully clean and comfortable. We would happily return.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Poor staff, average hotel
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Staff were not helpful, mainly Terry in the restaurant. Seemed to think she was above everyone else and said because we had not ordered our dessert through her we would not be getting it. Highly recommend you train your staff to be polite and treat customers with respect. Also were over charged for our room.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

Fantastic place to stay
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The exhaust fan in the bathroom stayed on for 30 minutes after you turned it off, which was a bit annoying as it was loud.

Beautifully presented grounds. Room was huge and comfortable, every staff member was lovely, great breakfast. Highly recommend

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

Great service
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Stayed for two nights, one was on my own the night before my wedding (not at Western House) and second with my wife. Stay was excellent. At breakfast after the second night while having breakfast together, one of the staff remembered me mentioning about getting married when checking in and after congratulating us organised a glass of fizz to have with breakfast. It's small touches that make the difference between good service and great service.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

comfortable stay but no entertainment or music. pool would of been lovely. Restaurant really good.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

we had room only and paid for dinner in the restaurant where the steak was fabulous. staff were excellent. comfortable spacious room on 4 floor no lift so hard with bags. close to getting stena line ferry on our journey.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2018

The bonus of the honeymoon suite summed up the hotel’s first class service.

Absolutely nothing.

After an initial mix-up with our booking of a twin bedded room, we were allocated the honeymoon suite for the same price. This made our stay unforgettable and it was all over too quickly. Superb hotel, restaurant and staff. We have stayed st this hotel many times and the standard is consistently high.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

The rooms were ok 👌 staff were pleasant
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The room had a lot of road traffic noise stayed here 2 nights and paid a lot of money and didn’t sleep for 2 nights 😣 had made this booking as I was going to corporate day at Ayr races

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Room lovely and spacious, had robes and slippers and lovely...
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Ordered breakfast and waited 1.5hrs and hen had to leave before getting it as had flights to catch. Very disappointing.

Room lovely and spacious, had robes and slippers and lovely bed room.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Bedroom was spacious and comfortable, staff very friendly...

Couldn't sleep until after 1am because of noise from wedding guests staying at hotel

Bedroom was spacious and comfortable, staff very friendly dinner excellent value

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Great overnight accommodation for Prestwick airport or a day at the races.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Bed was on a slant so you felt like you were rolling out of it. Also, probably due to its proximity to the racecourse, there were a lot of flies in the lobby, restaurant etc.

Lovely big room with nice touches such as shortbread biscuits, water and fruit on arrival. Staff were helpful and food was good, especially the mini donuts! Great location for anyone flying from Prestwick airport.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Beautiful food served quickly and efficiently by friendly...
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Not much to dislike! Very little if anything needing to be done in this property. It is well maintained

Beautiful food served quickly and efficiently by friendly staff! Very close to the racetrack which was a bonus.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Very comfortable and luxurious hotel made even more enjoyable due to the very friendly staff
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Double doors to reception caused an issue re wheelchair access as only one unlocked at a time, however the staff were there to assist.....as well as fellow guests

The staff went above and beyond to offer any assistance. Very friendly and approachable

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

The hotel caters for weddings, this seemed to be their priority.
    • Executive Double Room

The room was right above the Ayr Race course stables, not a very good outlook. No air conditioning,so in Summer this could be a problem with flies as you would have to have the windows open ! At £167 for the room you would expect breakfast to be included.

That there was a lift.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Would stay again. Staff brilliant.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Eggs benedict for breakfast. Hollandaise sauce was so vinegary. Tasted it all day. Expected a lot from hotel. Expectations were high from friends reviews. Didn’t quite deliver but hey ho. Still had a blast.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

We had a great time and made to feel very welcome.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The room we were in was great in the Courtyard.The bed was very comfy and the room kept spotless.We had buscuits and water left everyday which was a bonus.Even though we faced the car park it was very quiet.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Excellent experience other than my porridge!!!!!
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The porridge! I was told it was made with oatmeal but, when it arrived it was immediately evident that it was made with oats! There is a difference between oats and oatmeal.

The whole experience was faultless. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nothing was too much for them. We had a marvellous week at the hotel.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

A most comfortable polace to stay when visiting Ayr
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Previous occupant's caste off sock on the floor of the room.

The magnificent tulips, quiet location, room size and the very large and most comfortable bed

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

Ideal location for the racecourse or as a base for travelling.

The hard bathrobes

I've stayed here a few times when through for business at the local distillery. The rooms are very spacious, have large comfy beds and nice bathrooms with bath and shower. Everything is supplied as you would expect with the addition of bottled water and shortbread biscuits. The also provide bathrobes and slippers, but I have trouble with the bathrobe as the launderers do not use conditioner, so they are quite hard and uncomfortable.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

A beautiful relaxing stay, thoroughly enjoyed it.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The view from our window was of the other courtyard block. Only 2 disabled parking spaces and the only time we managed to park in one was the morning we left.

Beautiful surroundings, immaculately kept gardens, excellent service, food was amazing!

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

Good value, plenty room for improvement.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Abrupt staff at check in, very cold room, thin walls so could hear neighbors TV and woken twice around 2300 hrs with barriers being moved !!

Clean modern comfortable and we'll located.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Excellent hotel for business and leisure.
    • Executive Double Room

Nothing springs to mind on the dislike list.

This was our second stay at This hotel. The staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The second visit we had there was a wedding on. Never heard any music from the event at all in our room and we were staying near the functions rooms in one of the suites. Breakfast is lovely and pipping hot all the time. The staff greet you with a genuine smile all the time.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Really great place to stay!
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

I was a little disappointed when I saw the building we were staying in. It was away from the main hotel and looked like student digs from the outside. However, once we got to our room it was beautiful.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was really large and very clean. Breakfast was really good with plenty of choice and excellent table service.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

A beautiful hotel in gorgeous surroundings.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

We were attending a family wedding and were met with very friendly and courteous staff , who made the day go without a hitch we were all made to feel very welcome . Thank you all x

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Very pleasant stay and would definitely recommend it!
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The hotel was booked very last minute, we were very pleased with our choice. The room was very spacious, cosy, and near the car park. Staff all very pleasant and food was lovely (only had breakfast).

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Ecxellent, well worth the visit, area has very few quality hotels.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Car park is being resurfaced so lot of oil on the road and transferred into the hotel and marked the carpets.

All food served was of a very high quality and very good and well presented

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

We had a fantastic time and staff were simply fabulous
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Poor standard of room..... a little bit dirty. This applies only to courtyard rooms only.

main hotel was amazing...... second night in courtyard was not as good as it was not to the same standard as main hotel....it was very tired.

• Reviewed: March 9, 2018

Great value great location
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The walk to the main building was uncovered to not great in the rain. The TV was quite small considering the size of the rooms and felt a little inadequate.

The main building is old and beautiful in decor very traditional. The outside rooms that I stayed were large and well designed lots of space to relax. Obviously on a racecourse so lovely surroundings and well kept gardens

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

Perfect in every way can’t recommend it highly enough very very good indeed

Water temperature

I can only fault the hotel on one small point. The hot water was not hot enough it was warmer than tepid but a bath should re quite both hot and cold to achieve the desired temperature but there was no need for any cold water. The breakfast menu and dinner were both quite excellent This hotel is a real gem and I would recommend it very highly.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

Most enjoyable.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

We requested a room with shower, which was in an annexe, which was outside the main hotel, a short walk, luckily we could manage this, there was convenient disabled parking for the annexe.

The Hotel was beautiful, the staff were friendly, helpful and efficient, nothing was too much trouble, we were in Ayr for a funeral, the 'Wake' was held in the Hotel, which was also excellent.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

A gorgeous hotel with wonderful staff .
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Can't think of a thing , we were very satisfied !

Loved the complimentary water and shortbread . We very much enjoyed sitting in the lounge playing cards every evening, we were made to feel very welcome by the excellent staff . Can't wait to go back and stay again !

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Great experience
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

There wasn't anything I could fault bout our stay

We had a fabulous weekend at the hotel the staff were lovely and would definitely be booking again

• Reviewed: January 27, 2018

Very Impressed
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Plenty of room for wheelchair access, and the bed was huge and very comfortable. En-suite had wet room style shower with easy access and shower chair if required. Room was spacious with flat screen TV, WiFi, desk, table and 3 chairs. Tea and coffee tray, safe, ironing table and iron were also supplied. Staff very friendly and really helpful. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2018

the room marred our visit to the hotel, we were however given a discount on checkout.
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Room was 'tired' Bathroom cold & water not hot Windows were draughty & there was a loud vibrating noise in the ceiling when there were high winds.

Good breakfast Very friendly staff

• Reviewed: January 14, 2018

Comfortable stopover or longer
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Some traffic noise but I am used to living in the country. No lift in the Courtyard annexe.

Large comfortable room. Ideal for our overnight stay before our flight. Night manager very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

Western House Hotel Review
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The bathroom in the room was a little tired. Cracked floor tiles and the extractor fan was loose in the ceiling.

The hotel was quiet and the staff were lovely, it was very cold when we stayed but all parts of the hotel were nice and toasty. Open fire in the bar was lovely.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2017

Great staff and lovely hotel; shame about the creaky floor
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

The floor in the bedroom/en-suite was very creaky. We felt like we had to try and not walk around too much so that we didn't disturb the other guests.

All staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for us.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2017

Fantastic hotel
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

Hotel was very traditional Warm friendly and rooms were To very high standard very clean And plenty of choice for breakfast Food was lovely 😁😁🤣

Lovely hotel staff great very attentive nothing was a bother Would definitely go back

• Reviewed: December 17, 2017

Superb on every level, can't recommend the place highly enough!
    • Courtyard Double/Twin Room

From what I saw they had thought of everything!

Was attending my works Xmas night as the hotel so booked for the night, firstly, amazing price for such a lovely room! The Xmas night was utterly superb, food was THE best I've ever had at a Xmas function, absolutely delicious, ALL the staff were wonderful, entertainment was great and the room was just sublime to go take off my party shoes and relax! Can't recommend the place highly enough, was actually sad to leave so I'll be back! Honestly wonderful, far better experience than some hotels I've paid 5 times the price to stay at! Kudos!

We Price Match