Reviews of Yenton Hotel

5 Gervis Rd, East Cliff, Bournemouth, BH1 3ED, United Kingdom

#24 of 46 B&Bs and inns in Bournemouth

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Very friendly hotel, accommodated the dog too.

Nothing really- wedding on the Saturday but finished reasonably early and not overload

Very friendly hotel, accommodated the dog too. Lovely room and bathroom . Clean and had everything we needed.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Highly recommend the Yenton Hotel :)

Having to come home.

I enjoyed everything about this hotel, staff where friendly and very hospitable. Couldn't fault anything in the room, cleanliness etc. Excellent location. Will definitely book again.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

I actually stopped by reception on my way out and said "lovely stay" to the proprietor. sais it all!
    • Budget Single Room

The room was extra HOT! It was right up the top of the building during the best heatwave we have had in decades!Which is why they really should have given me a fan for when I arrived rather than on my last day! But aside from this minor detail - I loved the place! And no doubt - you will too!

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Lovely Hotel

We arrived just after mid-day and were pleasantly surprised that our room was available. The room was excellent, a very large bedroom with an extra large king size bed. The bathroom was also huge with all the facilities very modern. The gardens were very well kept and a nice spot to enjoy a drink from the bar, before we went out for the evening. The area although only one street back from the main cliff top road was very quiet. Which also meant for a peaceful nights sleep after our night out in Bournemouth. The staff were very pleasant.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

My solo weekend at the Yenton Hotel

The short breakfast yum. 2 hrs only The leaky tap in the shower The broken fan in my room

The breakfast was ok. Could have done with some baked beans.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

A very pleasant and comfortable visit; I will definitely stay again
    • Small Single Room

I booked a Small Single room but size-wise it was perfect. However, I did bang my ankle badly on the wall pipework at the foot of the bed as space is limited there

The staff are always very friendly and attentive, everywhere is nice and clean and the breakfast is excellent. I loved the new front parking arrangements; attractive and now clear as to where to park

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

A comfortable stay with great hosts and lovely surroundings. Would definitely recommend!!!

These are not complaints, just suggestions ... Bathroom cabinet or extra shelf would be good as very little space for toiletries. Two small towels would be good we only had one, plus two huge towels. But they were lovely towels. And I know that we could have asked for one from the lovely owners. Towel rail next to hand basin would be useful for the hand towels and face flannels (We don’t like to drip water on the floor).

Friendly and helpful staff. Good food. Lovely garden. Close to the beautiful Bournemouth beach...five minute walk. Nice room. Very clean bathroom. Lovely shower. Nice bar and very cosy bar to sit in, lovely decor throughout. Good car park. Very quiet and pretty road.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Perfectly situated, the friendly hotel is great for a comfortable break.

I liked everything! If I nit-pick, "technically-educationally challenged" guys such as I would benefit from instructions on how to operate the shower - very obvious once the owner kindly demonstrated.

Everything was absolutely perfect, from location, to a splendid room/bathroom, friendly and courteous staff, excellent breakfasts. Very spacious and ideal for relaxing. There was no fault to find.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

most things were good, i had a pleasant stay.
    • Small Double Room

the shower was too small, the mirrors were far too high in my room I am only small I couldn't use them had to rely on my handbag mirror. windows were too far out of reach. the owner was having building work done the car park at the front of the hotel was I thought a bit awkward to walk on loose stones.

the bed was clean and comfy, bathroom was clean I had 6 towels which was good, and complementary toiletries, I liked the dining room nice clean table clothes white crockery breakfast was cooked fresh and was good.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Very supporting staff, that’s going out of their way to make...

Very supporting staff, that’s going out of their way to make you feel at home. Very clean, good but fairly standard breakfast. Good location if by car or motorcycle, close to Boscombe beach.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Lovely welcoming people couldn’t do enough to make our stay...

Nothing was a problem

Lovely welcoming people couldn’t do enough to make our stay as good as possible , great freshly cooked breakfast, lounge and gardens relaxing. Will stay there when next in the area.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

excellent location to walk in to bournemouth
    • Small Double Room

Room very hot even with window open, maybe a fan in the room would help

staff very welcoming and friendly, we were only there for a few hours to sleep on a flying visit but would stay there again

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Nice hotel but weather wasn’t good

Single beds in the single rooms, who sleeps in a single other than a child, there was plenty of room for a small double, just makes so much difference, you don’t get this abroad, only in this country, felt like I was going to roll out onto the floor 😩

Clean friendly hotel in a good location

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Solid Bournemouth hotel
    • Small Double Room

Limited parking. V patchy WiFi. The front and entrance area could do with the same uplift the rooms have had as the initial impression is its a dated hotel

Comfortable and recently refurbished room and bathroom. Decent midweek price

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Nice room but won’t stay there again.
    • Small Double Room

The blind in our bedroom was broken, so we couldn’t pull it right down and I had to reach for the short pully but because I stretched I pulled a my back which resulted in my sciatica coming back.

The gardens were lovely and peaceful.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

I paid a budget price and got a clean and comfortable room so I was very happy.
    • Small Double Room

The parking out front was a little limited. When I arrived there was a wedding and all the spaces were taken. This was only half an hour after booking in time. The manager helped by finding me a space but I'd worry in future there was no-where to park.

The bed was comfortable and there were enough pillows and sheets. The bathroom had nice shampoo and shower gel and everything was clean. I didn't need to speak to the staff much but they were friendly.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Brilliant

Bed could have been slightly more comfortable and possibly food/ drinks menu in the rooms.

Really lovely building, friendly staff, great location, gorgeous room. Will be coming back.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Lovely breakfast, welcoming staff
    • Small Double Room

In need of some modernisation, and there was a delivery truck arriving at 3.45am with food- room was right next to front door which was noisy with people coming in and out- didn’t get much sleep.

Lovely breakfast, welcoming staff

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

A very enjoyable stay would recommend to anyone.

Plastic tooth mugs in the bathroom.

Excellent breakfast, spacious room with a super kingsized bed , a bathroom with a bath and walk-in shower and very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Enjoyable
    • Budget Single Room

Very pleasant hotel.Lovely area. Close to town centre,beach,Was able to walk everywhere.I did not use the dining room as I was attending a family wedding and all my meals were with relatives elsewhere.my room was clean warm and had a comfortable bed

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Comfortable room for weekend stay

Not sure why but every time we tried to shower when arriving back to the room late at night (11pm), there is no/very little hot water from the shower. But this doesn't happen in the morning, hot water and water pressure good when showering in the morning.

Room was nice and clean overlooking the lovely garden. It was a sunny weekend which made it also nice to sit outside in the garden. Refurbished bathroom with thick towels and nice toiletries so had no complaints about the room we were given. Good breakfast. Location close to the East Cliff beach, and roughly 15/20 minutes walk from the pier/town center.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

The weather was excellent which completed a very restful week's holiday.

Leaving to come home and do all the chores.

We were given the opportunity to have the best room in the house , it is a small privately owned hotel, and the attention to your individual needs is excellent. Lovely garden to enjoy with a glass of whatever is your favourite tipple. It is a short walk from east cliff.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Perfect hotel for a short stay.

Comfortable hotel in quiet location within walking distance of the town. Very clean and room adequate for a short stay. Good breakfasts cooked to order and plenty to choose from.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

The hotel was great my room was ready for us at 11 in the...

The hotel was great my room was ready for us at 11 in the morning,the room was a great size and the bathrooms was bigger then some hotel rooms we have stayed in,lovely breakfast at a good price,great staff,would stay there again,thank you for a great weekend.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Excellent accommodation, good full and well located for the local amenities .

There was nothing we didn’t like.

The Yenton has a lovely atmosphere, plenty of space for those who want to sit and chat and for those who like to be in the thick of the disco, staff friendly and polite. The full English breakfast was great not too much but enough.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Had a relaxing break at this hotel, couldn't fault anything.

Hosts very friendly, great location, lovely personal touch for our wedding anniversary of a card and bottle of fizz, good restaurant recommendation, breakfast fresh and tasty.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Cheap accommodation in a good area. Management, you should supervise cleaning.
    • Small Single Room

I booked in on a rainy windy Sunday. The lounge bar was not available after 5pm on Sundays. I really didn't want to go out, weather, and the point of booking was to relax at my hotel. Also, the hotel offers toiletries which come in the form of big bottles of bath wash, shampoo etc. On entering my bathroom a sign told me,'if you take the bottles home ie stealing, we will charge you'. Perhaps the Yenton might consider wall units of toiletries, or nothing at all,rather than insult their honest customers. Also, your cleaning standards are poor.

The property is in a good area, East Cliff Bournemouth is the better part of the other sides of Bournemouth Central.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

An enjoyable stay in a central, but very peaceful location - we will return.

Morning water pressure tended to vary.

We stayed in a quiet, large and tastefully decorated room which benefitted from a huge, well appointed en-suite.There were lots of electric sockets and a large flat screen TV. I particularly liked the extensive array of wardrobes and drawers - a feature which is lacking in most hotel rooms. Enjoyable, freshly prepared breakfasts. Matt and Thom were charming and helpful hosts.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Great place, nice and clean very roomy staff were great would recommend.

Better quality pillows and duvets, would be nice if couple more pillows were there, better quality mattress but for the price you pay its all good.

Location was good close to the beach, nice staff, room size was good, clean room and toilets/bathroom were pretty clean as well. Towels and other amenities were perfect. Instructions were placed where they should be and were all very helpful i.e. how to use the showers.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Will stay there again.

Can't think of anything.

Super comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast . Very pleasant helpful staff. Extremely pretty garden. What more could you want?

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Comfy bed, lovely breakfast cooked to order.

Shower was small and squashed into the corner of the bathroom. I think there is a lot of difference between the styles and sizes of the bedroom after looking back at the photos.

Comfy bed, lovely breakfast cooked to order. Small car park but able to use next door property at weekend

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

Amazing, Fantastic and would highly recommend it - really looking forward to going back

We got married at the Yenton Hotel in March 2017 and went back again to celebrate our first anniversary - the first time we saw the hotel we fell in love with it and the gardens and the staff are absolutely amazing - we had an amazing wedding where all our friends and family were very well looked after in every respect - we were not disappointed when we went back to stay and of course the staff remembered us and Matt & Thom who run the Hotel were delighted to us as we were them - it is so convenient to the centre of Bournemouth, it has everything you could ever want and the rooms are exceptional. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to everyone.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

Good Breakfast, Bad Service and old building with problems.

I stayed 7 days. My room 202 had a leak on the ceiling, the daily cleanining was OK, but they forgot to clean my room once, and they forgot to take litter away twice. The hot water system got broken and We didn´t have hot water per two days, when I complained about the situation, Tom, the receptionist answered very bad about the situation. I definitily wouldn`t go back.

Good Breakfast. Close to town centre.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

So convenient for the beach and the town, plus lovely hosts.

I didn't stay long enough to find any faults.

The room I used had been recently upgraded and the bed was particularly comfortable. As I suffer from arthritis a bed which is ultra firm does not suit me. This bed was the Goldilocks bed for me!

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

A home from home, great friendly service

If there was an option to give 100/10 then I would. I was made to feel very welcome from the moment I checked-in until I left. Nice, quiet, clean and friendly. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2018

Comfy 1 night stay

My mum had a single room and window did not close completely due to it warping. .... very drafty. There wear heaters available though. .

Lovely big room

• Reviewed: January 4, 2018

Would definitely stay there again.

The only criticism was that the door to the room wasn't sealed so there was a bright light all night around the door. There was a Christmas party there so it was very noisy till really late (which you would expect at that time of year) and at one stage the room smelt strongly of cigarettes which I really didn't like.

We liked that wherever you looked everything seemed exceptionally clean. For the price we paid the room was way above our expectations. The man on reception in the evening when we arrived and in the morning when we left was lovely 😊.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

We were made very welcome. Would come again

nothing...except perhaps a little warmer in the conservatory for breakfast.

Enjoyed the fresh cooked breakfast and comfy bed. We were well looked after.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2017

Awesome, private, comfortable

I had a little challenge in finding the property. I called to ask for directions. I was a bit flustered. When I looked up there was the manager come to pick me up. Talk about great service!!

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

Very good value.

No one there when I went to look for breakfast, it was ok as I wasn't all that hungry. I would rather have had a bath than a shower.

Very comfy room. Excellent value and location.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

The room was clean warm and comfortable and staff very...

My wife is registered disabled and found the chairs in the room though comfy were too low.

The room was clean warm and comfortable and staff very helpful nothing was too much trouble, would stay at the hotel again and would recommend to family and friends.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

Very good for the price.

As a above.

My stay was good apart from arriving to a flooded car park and not realizing that the cost of my stay did not include the breakfast, but I should have realized this as the cost of a double room for just one was so cheap.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

It was great value for money.

It was great value for money. Could not fault it. Walls are quite thin so was woken at 5.30 by someone trying to get into their room which sounded like it was right by my head. Should have worn earplugs. Otherwise no complaints. The owners were extremely welcoming and helpful - you could tell it was their business because they really appeared to care. Would use again.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Comfortable rooms but not accessible for people with mobility problems.

No lift and my fathers room was on top floor. He needed to rest on each landing(2). One of the owners offered to take my dad's case up and when I asked if there was a lift he said " no, that's why I'm taking the case" A window in my bedroom was jammed open by about 1/2 an inch (but hidden by a curtain) causing a draft and noise. I reported it to a night manager who told me I could not have another room as one was not available. I had not requested another room just wanted it repaired. The night manager told me to tell the owner. I did not check whether my message had been recorded just assumed it would be. I felt the welcoming could have been friendlier.

Good decor and rooms were well laid out. My dads room was accessible mobility wise in it. There was a wedding reception on our last night and the music was turned off by at least 23:00 so did not disturb our sleep. Although there did appear to be an argruement at one point.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

The breakfast was good

Didn't like the fact they change our room 2days before going from a double to a single .there wasn't much room in the room very noisy .

The breakfast was good

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

Really noisy, not sure if it was the boiler going off constantly, kept me awake. No hot water at 6.30am and the shower was absolutely useless.

Very Clean

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

We won't be staying there again

I have already written a report on the third day of our stay at this hotel, and it still applies

The cooked breakfast was good, except on one day we asked for brown toast and received white! However we said nothing and ate it!

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

In spite of the polite staff (although somewhat limited!) we would not stay there again.

No hot water after 10.30pm, and the bathroom although recently refurbished needed some repair. It was unfortunate for us, that we were there on the same night as a wedding, so it was very noisy until quite late. Previous notice would have been appreciated as we may have decided to stay elsewhere. Due to the age of the building, the floor boards were creaking and noisy, so sounds from surrounding rooms were also annoying. There was no lift.

The cooked breakfast was good

• Reviewed: September 29, 2017

Great stay cannot wait to go back

For me Nothing

Value for money. Great staff close to all amenities.. Absolutely nothing to much trouble for the owners and staff. My son is a Vegan they just went out and purchased all the food he eats that's beyond and above(Thanks). We have two dogs which were made very welcome.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

Lovely overall and would come back happily

Not a lot beyond a slightly odd comment when checking in about my age (!!) but otherwise lovely. Would say the rooms are far nicer than the reception area - more modern and light.

The bed was so comfortable, and the hotel was so quiet all night so I had a great night sleep. The toiletries available were lovely and there were free teas and coffees in the room. There was even a lovely little dog 🐶

• Reviewed: September 24, 2017

Excellent, highly recommended, friendly and a 'home from home' atmosphere.

Nothing was bad!

Absolutely experience, Matt and Thom, the owners were just wonderful - friendly and helpful when we needed to amend our booking to accommodate an extra guest. Two of us received an upgrade to our rooms, and everything was just perfect. Comfy bed, immaculately clean throughout, hot showers - and a pretty, well-planted garden and fantastic breakfast! Even homemade marmalade and home-baked cakes, etc. Everything was thought of and covered - it felt like a real home from home, I can see why I spoke to guests there who return regularly and said they wouldn't consider going anywhere else! Full marks and thank you both!

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

Wonderful stay in a friendly, gorgeous hotel - we will be back!

There was nothing we didn't like. However, it would have been nice to have a drink in the bar upon returning from a night out in town - unfortunately we were advised that the bar would close at 9pm.

We loved everything about our stay. The room was big & spotlessly clean, I don't think we have ever seen such a huge bathroom! The bed was extremely comfortable & it was nice to have the same size tv in the room that we are used to at home - big! Matt suggested a few places to go to for dinner in the evening & how to get there & Thom, who cooked our delicious breakfast, was happy to tell us a few details about the property & the building next door. The property is in a great location, about a 20 minute walk from the pier & shops & restaurants. One night was not really enough to sample all of what Bournemouth has to offer. We will be coming back, & definitely to the Yenton Hotel.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2017

An excellent stay in a hotel that is run by hoteliers that actually know how to run a hotel

A door hook on the back of the main & bathroom door.

Room clean and modern, well taken care of. Little touches like twix bar with the coffee and really nice soaps etc in the bathroom. Fantastic and helpful staff, lovely garden, could not have been better. One of the best hotels I have stayed in, small does not mean poor, small means much better for service. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

I wouldn't choose this hotel again
    • Small Double Room

The decor was a little outdated, shower taps were outdated, it was hard to change the temperature on mixer taps as they were too difficult to handle, i didn't like the fact there was no window in the bathroom, front part of the blind fell off on our second night. It was so hot up on the top floor so we had to keep windows fully open, On the first night of our stay the hotel/booking.com neglected to inform us that there was a wedding party booked in and loud live music was being played in the garden from 5pm - 12 ish am, the groom/some party guests were standing outside having a cigarette and giving us funny looks as me and my partner parked into the drive way of the hotel to return to our room. We enquired with the staff who were around about the noise and other guests asked if the music could be toned down but they were absoluteley useless and couldn't do anything.

The garden, location was not far from the beach.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Really enjoyable but for somewhere like Bournemouth I feel that at least 5 days is needed.

A small fridge would have been helpful to keep things like chocolate & other small items fresh.

The room was particularly large as was the bathroom. A supersize bed was definitely a bonus. Really comfortable tub chairs in room.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Lovely friendly family run hotel in quiet peaceful location. Enjoyed our stay.

Nothing to dislike however it is a good fifteen minutes walk to the town.

Lovely family run hotel with friendly helpful staff. Room was sparkling clean and tidy with little refreshments available when we arrived. Breakfast is the best! Served in the large conservatory overlooking the beautiful gardens. Great selection to choose from with various cereals, youghert's, fruit and juices, followed by a freshly cooked full English! Perfect. Ground coffee or pot of tea whatever one desires.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2017

Great location, lovely staff, and good Wi-Fi

The bathroom had a window opposite the shower which had no blinds or frosted glass. I don't think anyone in the garden could see but it was a bit disconcerting coming out of the shower and seeing people in the garden below!

All the staff were lovely and accommodating. I was there during some really hot days and a fan was provided without asking.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2017

great location, amazing staff and wonderfull rooms all at a bargain! A hidden gem!

nothing at all

amazing quality at such a bargain! Great staff and immaculately tidy room (which was also beautifully appointed). a few minutes walk from the beach and town center. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2017

Recently refurbished rooms, with comfortable furnishings and...

A lot of minor inconveniences that only annoyed me after a few days: a shaving mirror that couldn't tilt to show my face, no rail for the hand towel, no toilet brush etc.

Recently refurbished rooms, with comfortable furnishings and lots of space. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Pleasant Hotel in Excellent Location.

Nothing. For the price paid, I could not ask for anything better.

Excellent location, close to sea, town and station, only reason I did not give max. for location, I suppose max has to be saved for seafront, with sea view. The Hotel is not new of course, but is very well up kept, and the room had been refurbished at some recent time, and you would not really know that you where not in a new accommodation. Room had en-suite with shower, and was as clean as anybody could possibly wish for. Overall I was extremely happy with my stay, and would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2017

A place to sleep thats all

Black mold around the bath/shower area, squeaking stairways and hallways which made everyone's footsteps heard whatever time of night or morning. The room I had was not refurbished so it was very shabby looking and cramped enormously with furniture obviously not needed for the room so presumed nowhere else to store it in the hotel. A very unwelcome notice saying if I dare to take the toiletries with me, I would be charged accordingly. Tarring everyone with the same brush, very cheeky!

Not actually been in the hotel longer than I needed to be

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

We had a lovely time at the Yenton.

Nothing, it was perfect.

This hotel is a home from home, the owners and staff were lovely, the breakfast was superb, the bed was so comfy, five minute walk from beach, ten minutes to town, This was the first time we had been to Bournemouth but won't be the last, We will certainly stay at the Yenton on our next visit, The whole place was spotless. Linda and Danny McAllister

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

A well located hotel with good shared facilities let down my a bedroom in need of an update/refresh

Room was tired and needs a refresh. Mattress was very average. Parking was a little tight.

Breakfast was first class, the dining room and lounge were superior, location was convenient

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Wonderful stay!

Staff were all very welcoming and helpful. Lovely comfortable room,gardens very pretty and well kept. Brilliant recommendations for local restaurants. Hotel breakfast was lovely. We are planning a return visit later in the year.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Good location within walking distance from the beach and the...

Bathroom could use some modernising

Good location within walking distance from the beach and the city center in quiet neighbourhood Friendly and welcoming staff, nice breakfast room

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

Hard to think of a negative!

Need to have the curtains/blinds closed in room 110's two windows for privacy. But a lovely room otherwise.

Friendly, helpful and professional staff. On arrival we were upgraded to better rooms, so value on this occasion was excellent. The rooms were lovely, one overlooking the attractive garden. Comfortable bed, fantastic shower! Breakfast with good choice of food & variable pricing. Good location.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

Terrific, recommend it to anyone wanting a smaller and more personable hotel.
    • Small Single Room

The wifi was difficult o get a signal and the directions to the hotel on the website were rather confusing.

The owner was super friendly and helpful with information about the local area. I was very happy with the hotel. Lots of personal effort went into to making my stay enjoyable.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2017

Lovely, welcoming, comfortable hotel with nice gardens
    • Small Single Room

Car park a bit cramped so had to park on street on arrival ( free during evenings) and move it later

Lovely garden, good location 2 mins walk to sea front, friendly staff, nice and clean, very safe for llone female traveller

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

Relaxing place
    • Small Double Room

The room was on the road side and a little noisy but this haven't disturbed my sleep.

Very helpfull and friendly staff. The hotel is well situated, near the beach walking distance to the train station. The bed was confortable and the wifi worked well. There was even a ventilator in the room. There also is a very nice garden.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

You won't be disappointed
    • Small Double Room

The room temperature was too hot.

The staff were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The breakfast was delicious full English (we were allowed beans as well as mushrooms). There was a cold buffet of cereals, yogurts, fresh fruits and cereal.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

Good for a short stay, relatively well priced.
    • Small Single Room

Asked for scrambled egg on toast for breakfast. It was quite overdone, and for some inexplicable reason, exceptionally salty! Couldn't eat much of it. Shower room sliding door didn't! Well, not easily. No door rail on floor. Room quite small, but for one person for one night it was OK. Lots of traffic noise - even late at night and very early on a Sunday morning. Not hotel fault, just an observation, but a very warm night with no air con meant windows needed to be open.

Staff helpful and promised over the phone that they would prioritise room cleaning as I needed to get to a wedding in the morning. Large dining room overlooking pretty gardens.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

Short stay

Booking.com advertised it as including breakfast which was untrue as this was not included and at £10 each was pricey for an average breakfast. Bowl of fruit had black bananas and there was no chopped fruit as an alternative to cereal. The bedroom had an overhead shower but no shower caps provided. The kettle could not be filled from the unusual tap

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

A peaceful stay in a picturesque hotel in a great location.

A fantastic stay at this delightful hotel. My room was very small but I did book a single and the price was extremely competitive so no quibbles there, and it was very comfortable. There is a beautiful garden which can be enjoyed while having breakfast or a drink from the bar in the evening. The hotel is located on a leafy street and is less than 5 minutes walk from the coastal east cliff path and a few minutes more takes you down to the beach. Easy walking distance to most any location in Bournemouth, particularly Bournemouth pier, BIC, and the aquarium. Also a relatively easy walk form the train station. Overall a peaceful stay in an atmospheric hotel in a great location.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

Very comfortable and good value for money!

All ok

The whole visit was really lovely! The gardens are absolutely beautiful and for someone who lives in a flat it was a REAL treat to spend the day in peace and quiet outside in such lovely surroundings. Would definitely recommend to friends. Thank you.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Amazing place to stay,WILL be visiting again.

Loved the room we stayed in,garden was beautiful to sit in and enjoy the sun.Walked into Bournemouth throughout our stay,can't fault the place.