2. UK hotel reviews
  3. Cambridgeshire vacation rental reviews
  4. Cambridge vacation rental reviews
  5. Reviews of Norwich Street Apartments (Peymans)

Reviews of Norwich Street Apartments (Peymans) This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

4 Norwich Street, Cambridge, CB2 1NE, United Kingdom

#87 of 148 vacation rentals in Cambridge

Based on 368 apartment reviews

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: May 11, 2019

It's location, and over all experience was great.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I just feel there must be someone to receive the guest. As I had to wait almost two hours because there was some confusion related to payment.

It's location, and over all experience was great.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: April 19, 2019

Everything else
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

When they insist on not providing the check in instructions before they can display the successful deposit payment on their system (not the actual payment for the accommodation, which was already paid long ago)

Everything else

• Reviewed: April 16, 2019

the kitchen facilities and the living room area would heat...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

the bathroom had no ventilation so it would smell so bad, get too misty in the bathroom (feeling to pass out), the bedroom was always cold, so i just slept in the living room. Trying to get in contact with the host was a struggle until the last few days

the kitchen facilities and the living room area would heat up nicely

• Reviewed: April 16, 2019

Very comfortable stay.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Great location. Quiet and easy access to town and railway station. Express supermarket choices around corner and close to restaurants. Comfortable rooms. Great shower. Good collection of kitchen equipment.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2019

Parking was available but only because flats we're empty...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Just niggles. No milk, bathroom sink plug missing, bed side lamp broken, extractor broken bathroom, curtain rail loose sitting room.

Parking was available but only because flats we're empty, clean and bright. Comfortable bed. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2019

Lovely location and apartment.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Nespresso machine there but no coffee pods. Told the person checking me in but never saw any left for me. No bedside lamps worked at all. All had bulbs that didn't work. Some lights in the house didn't work.

Lovely location and apartment. Check in process very helpful and I arrived late and they were very accommodating.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2019

Poor value, avoid if possible
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Payment process poor, can't believe that I was still being asked for ID after my cash had been taken. Apartment needs heavy refurbish, beds very uncomfortable with springs poking through, carpet runners not fixed properly and sharp on bare feet, no high chair despite one being advertised, parking haphazard (asked for space but no explanation of where permits were located in property). Coffee machine present but no coffee pods so pretty pointless. Dishwasher smelled stale and like it needed a good clean. Peeling paintwork and the shower needs replacing. Shockingly poor value for money and I wouldn't stay with any Peymans property in future.

Location ok, ten minute walk to centre

• Reviewed: March 24, 2019

It was good stay. If the check-in were little bit easier, I would have given more point.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The check-in instructions were terrible. They said somebody will be there to escort us but there were nobody. We have waited for almost 30 minutes at the outside with our baggages. I called three times and finally someone told me where the keys are and the secret number. Also windows are very old, in a normal wind they were making too much sound.

The location is great. There are many things in the flat, the kitchen contains almost anything we needed. The flat is large and easy to use. There is a TV and many channels on it. The general cleanliness of the flat is more than average. The heating is working as expected.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2019

A disappointing stay, poorly maintained room
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We stayed in flat 8. There was mould covering a lot of the bathroom ceiling and there were cracks over many walls which made the whole place look tired and feel and smell unclean. poor sound insulation - we could hear a lot of noise from the flat above.

Comfortable bed and walking distance from city centre.

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: February 21, 2019

I loved that all imaginable household appliances were...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Squeaky floors, and the fact that I could hear neighbors (other guests) walking in the middle of the night.

I loved that all imaginable household appliances were available.

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: January 27, 2019

Apart from the spacious room, the service here is quite poor.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Before I booked the room, I sent an email to ask about luggage storage after check-out, the staff seemed to answer me that is ok but after I booked the room, he said the property didn't have this service and I have no choice since it is non-refundable. When I was booking the room, I have specified the room in ground floor and got an email to confirm that my room would be on the ground floor. But when I arrived, the rooms were taken by others. And there was only one room left. Also, I have confirmed the time that I would arrive around 6:50-7:00 pm, but I still needed to call staff and waited him in the freezing temperature outside nearly half an hour. And when I made the deposit money, the property also took it twice so I couldn't use totally 300 GBP as it was the deposit money (normally is 150 GBP). Also the bedroom is very freezing although the heater is working. Instead, I needed to sleep in the living area.

The room is spacious.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

atrocious
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

please follow up the complaint email trail that has been on going for the last 6 weeks will never use peymans or booking.com ever again and I will be spreading the word!

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

I got a very rude phone call a few days after arriving back...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I got a very rude phone call a few days after arriving back home. I got wrongfully accused of smoking weed in the apartment and was told they had video proof of the incident (do you have hidden cameras in the apartment??), resulting in my security deposit being charged. Of course, I did not smoke weed and wanted to see the video proof, and I was told they would get back to me. I received a short email a few hours later says that they had made a mistake and I would get to keep the security deposit (naturally...). I feel this kind of accusation is very unprofessional and the owner should be completely certain before contacting me. If you can double check in a few hours, then you could have done so before as well.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

I did not stay there. You need to upgrade your system to separate the booker from the guest.

1) Booking process extremely bureaucratic. I am booking for a guest, not myself, yet there seems to be no distinction in your system 2) I am booking for a corporation with their credit card, and I had to send my personal driver's licence, which is irrelevant from the point of view of the guest 3) The guest send email and text with his arrival time, and yet when he got to the property was told he was going to have to send a deposit before he could get in, and that would take 45 minutes (!). Fortunately it took less than that to clear. 4) I got repeated messages requesiting signature of T&C and sending personal information, even though I had already filled out the paper work.

Nice quiet apartment (according to my guest)

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

The worst accommodation I have ever had using Booking.com
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The amount of personal information required by Peymans. The number of emails sent to us. The number of times our arrival time was requested and still no one was there to meet us at the time we had stated in our original booking with Booking.com. The general feeling of shabbiness about the accommodation including many lights not working , taps not working properly in the bath, socket away from the wall etc.

There was plenty of clean linen.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

The staffs are so kind, they even provided me a socket...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The booking procedure could be easier (uploading documents, signing terms and conditions and deposit pre-authorization ...). The apartment was clean unless the food (or something else) spot on the sofa and the mold on the bathroom ceiling. Otherwise, they were fully scored.

The staffs are so kind, they even provided me a socket adaptor the day after my request. The apartment is so convenient and well equipped.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

Good stay for a cheap day out but don't expect too much
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Heating off and had to buy own batteries to switch heating on but didn't get warm for a few hours within the apartment which lead to a very cold sleep. Also booked parking with it but didn't state where parking was as it said off site which then lead to parking tickets due to no communication. Beware of that. Also property needs some much needed TLC especially the damp issues

Good location - 10 min walk to city centre. Very good security to the property and had good facilities to use within the property especially the kitchen

• Reviewed: December 24, 2018

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Not the best impression waiting outside for the check in, with a couple waiting for someone from the office to offer then a refund or alternative appertmemt as they had a ground floor apartment which they described as damp and filthy and would not be staying in. Then to recieve not the warmest welcome from a completely disinterested staff member. Who had nothing more to say than 'you'll have to talk to the office. Nothing to do with me', upon mentioning that the cleanliness of my apartment was very poor. Scuffed walls, freezing cold with damp smell on my 1st floor appartmemt but the yellow and brown stains around the toilet floor, tiles, grouting & shower curtain were not the worst part of the experience. That was the unannounced maintenance visit 'to fix a problem', (possibly the constantly dripping tap), when someone trying to let themselves in mid-stay was just incredibly poorly planned on management side. I would advise against staying in at this property. Which is a shame as I had stayed at a different with this company before with a better experience. I will not be returning, much like, I imagine, the other couple.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Overall good and comfortable stay in Cambridge.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It was cold first day of our stay and the heater didn't work, the bathroom cabin chanel was partially ocluded

Good location, cozy apartment, all we need in it

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

The location was fantastic, very close to the city centre.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The crockery and cutlery at the apartment needs to be changed. There were no knives at all and several items were missing. The management at Peymens are not flexible with timings and charge extra if you want extra time at check in or check out.

The location was fantastic, very close to the city centre.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Great location; could be amazing... but wasn't...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The check-in process was inefficient. Despite calling ahead to confirm our arrival time, we still had to wait 10 minutes for somebody to arrive. Then through no fault of his own, the young guy who arrived could not locate our keys, which caused further consternation for at least another 45 mins. The room was tired, damp and a little mouldly. The bed was one of the most uncomfortable I've ever slept on. And to add insult to injury, we had to provide a sizable deposit "in case we broke anything"!

Great location. Close to supermarkets, high street, the botantic gardens and railway station.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

Very nice apartment
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Terrible communication: lots of emails, endless reminders of something that has already been done, no control of agreements. I had to confirm several times that I would call 45 min prior arrival (and I did) so that someone would come with the key - but nobody came! Parking from 09:00 till 20:00 only for residents. TV didn't work (for some reasons it was in the bedroom though there was lots of empty space in the living room). No hair conditioner, no was there a hand soap - but lots of shower gel. The sofa in the living room wasn't very comfortable to sleep on.

Very nice apartment, light, and very well equipped. Good kitchen with all the necessary things. Dining table for 4 persons. 2 small supermarkets nearby. Quiet neighborhood, close to the city center. Comfortable bed in the bedroom.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

I will never you booking.com again.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I found the Booking.com process misleading. The original price on website is 130 GBP, but I got a bill for 234 GBP for additional charges. I didn't understand that until 3 weeks after my stay. There was no hot water, I didn't have a telephone connection so they weren't there to receive me and I was stuck outside waiting.

Location is good.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

In a car ......AVOID!!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Unfriendly, unhelpful, cold owners who told us key was in key safe at rear of property but wasn't. Took nearly an hour for someone to arrive and get us the key, no hello's welcome or talking for that matter and no apolgy regarding our late checkin due to their mistake! Also bathroom and oven were dirty uncleaned. Very noisy occupants of flat above (all floors laminated which amplifies noise, + washing machine on at 11pm also very noisy. Parking to rear a nightmare, blocked in for 2 days as cars parked to side of me and in the alley access so couldn't get out of alley. One car owned by house next door who I asked to move her car so I could get out, she told me police had been called on occasion due to arguements and abuse from cars parked in alley and owners not being able to get in or out!

Location to City centre. Flat OK

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Comfortable
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The area was really nice and pleasant, the apartment had everything we needed, but the main down side was the noise from the apartment above us. They were very loud, could hear loud footsteps and at one point it was like they were dragging furniture around. The noises could go on until 2 o clock in the morning. '

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

Not good
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It took 3 phone calls over 2 hours to get to the key. Half a roll of toilet paper for 3 days The kitchen was greasy, we left it cleaner The cleaner? Could not find the key we left in the key safe Never saw the host only a limited English speaking person on the phone, who did not ring back in the time frame he suggested

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

A well located flat whose owners need to make urgent improvements to their arrival process.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The arrival process was very poor. We were left standing out on the street for ages, despite having notified the host of our 4pm arrival time. Our friend was told to give his full bank details over the phone whilst standing in the street - this was to pay a breakage deposit on a flat we hadn't even seen! We had to get the key from a box and there was no personal contact or welcome. Our ground floor flat was generally clean, although the dishwasher had someone's dirty dishes in it and there were no dishwasher tablets. Overall we were left with the impression that this rental was all about profit for the owners and nothing about the visitor experience.

The location was excellent - ten minutes from the station and an easy walk into the city centre. Once we had finally got into the flat, it was comfortable and pleasant.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

Good location but lacks sophistication
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment feels a little tired and needs refreshing in the bedroom and bathroom. With all the additional emails received and undertakings to be signed from the property landlords, as well as warnings from the key holder about "no-smoking", it was disappointing to see so many burns on the carpet and on the furniture. The bathroom was adequate but not updated and no bath mat / towel which made getting out of the shower on ceramic tiles quite unsafe. The sitting / kitchen area was suitable and functional with good kitchen appliance availability.

Well located, near the station, close to the city centre and on a transport route. There were also basic provisions in the apartment like dishwasher tabs, coffee, sugar etc. This is helpful for short stays.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

Horrible stay. They cheat with their customers and have no professionalism.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Horrible service. Once they get the amount, they don't bother and treat like they don't care. Deducted extra money and make fool of their customer and zero professionalism. DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM.

Only the location is quite ok.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Will not be using the apartment or Peymans again.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

When we arrived at the apartment we were told we hadn't requested a parking space even though I had a printed copy of Peymans confirmation that we had a parking space reserved. This was resolved when the rep contacted the office. However the parking space was extremely tricky to manoeuvre into and out of. The bathroom towels were obviously new and hadn't been washed with the result that we and our clothes were covered in white fluff which was very annoying. The apartment required a couple of new light bulbs. Before our stay we received a number of emails from Peymans asking us to let them know when we would arrive at the apartment when in fact we had included this information at our booking stage. We did also send the information each time we were asked but it was annoying to have to do so. We did not appreciate that there were 34 steps up to the top floor apartment where we were located. My husband has problems with his knees and found it very difficult when we were carrying suitcase and bags up and down the stairs. For the money we paid for the apartment it was definitely not value for money.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

The location is really good.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We stayed in the Norwich Street Apartments in June 2018 and had a very uncomfortable experience. The apartment was not clean. Part of the bill is ‘daily cleaning fee’. This is a lie; the apartment is not cleaned daily. It is “cleaned weekly”, so if you are staying for only a week, the apartment will not get cleaned all throughout your stay there. It is not clean to begin with. Additionally, there are no cleaning supplies or a vacuum cleaner handy, or extra toilet rolls and paper towels. The second problem was the complete unhelpfulness of the staff. There was a problem with pressure of the water heater, so water in the shower was not heating up at all. The first time they sent the maintenance staff to fix the problem, he came without any tools. He said he would come back with tools in the morning, but he never did, and we wasted the morning waiting. The rest of the week, nobody else showed up to fix the heater, and we were repeatedly told by the staff that they were ‘waiting for the maintenance company to respond’. The maintenance company never responded. I guess there is only one maintenance company in the entirety of Cambridge. What made it all the more infuriating was that the staff did not seem like they were trying to be helpful. After a few days of complaining about the water and the cleanliness, they suggested that we move to another apartment, which is a hurdle in itself, when you’re there for only a week and do not want to waste a day of sightseeing on moving. All in all, you do not get what you paid for. I would not recommend this place.

The location is really good. Town centre is very easy to access.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Nice apartment. Bad customer service.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Said I'd arrive at certain time but no-one there to meet me. Called and the guy said someone would be 15mins ish. Called back after 30 mins as no-one came, and told the person wasn't near and he showed me how to get in using key safe. Why didn't he do that first time round? 15 mins later the guy still hasn't arrived and told he won't be here for a while. Agreed for guy to come at 9.30 which wasn't ideal. Alarm outside room was constantly buzzing. Very annoying an no urgency to fix it. I tried to and called alarm company and they said they could send someone round but needed to talk to landlord. Apparently this had been going on a while so why I'm earth not fixed already!

Good facilities. Good location. Clean.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

way overpriced for what you get.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Alot of little fixes needed in bath and other rooms.

The facilities need upgrading... alot of small issues and the bedroom has a closet with the water heater in it making the room very hot.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

A different stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Checkin was a little sketchy - we never did get the promised text message but did get in after 20 minutes and numerous calls. There is no staff on site so we only had a phone number.

Lots of room, nicely turned out with full kitchen makes it ideal for those who want to do their own cooking. Good access to the Cambridge sights.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Pure scam!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Pure scam!took £150 deposit for the strong smell in the flat that in fact was just the mold in the bathroom and bedroom 🤦🏼‍♀️But what’s most disgusting is the fact that my last day there they were shouting at me and talking between them in a language I can’t understand and for no obvious reason.i find that discriminatory and they totally mugged me!

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

I will never stay at a Peyman's managed property again
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The property managers were very unwelcoming. They clearly cared more about their property than their guests. If you want to stay here, and you do everything exactly as the hosts want, you will be fine, but do not expect any understanding or accommodations if something doesn't go to plan. They actually made me stand out on the street with my luggage while I attempted to connect to the wifi, locate an old email with a link (which I never could find) and sign the terms and conditions form before they would let me enter the property. The form was very difficult to use on my phone and required a lot of zooming and starting over - not to mention it required me to upload a picture of my ID. Fortunately, an employee arrived and could see we were having difficulty and let us into the apartment where we could put our things down and finish the process (something his superiors were not happy about based on the phone call he made). I got no reminder about signing the online terms and conditions before leaving on my trip, only the reminder message to please call when I was 45 minutes away. When I did this, the person I talked to told me I could sign it after we arrived, but the second person didn't feel the need to honor that instruction. When your guests arrive after an all night international flight, you should simply be more understanding.

I had stayed in this property and liked it several times when it was owned by another company. I like the convenience of the location and the furnished apartment amenities.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Property was well-equipped and clean.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It was difficult to meet with the host to get the keys at check in; however, they gave us a free late check out so it balanced out.

Property was well-equipped and clean. Location was great.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

the apartment is in a good location, is large enough and...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

no place to leave bags after check out at 11 a.m. until departure time in the afternoon no electric plug in the bathroom

the apartment is in a good location, is large enough and clean , well equipped

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Charming apartment for visiting Cambridge at our own pace
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Maintenance. The place had issues like several lightbulbs out, and needs some painting and treatment of the stains of damp.

Cleanliness, location, and quietness. Also the living room had a lot of natural light, and the kitchen was well equipped.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Perfect
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

This first floor apartment is really nice, very well equipped with all you could possible need. Nicely decorated, clean and tidy. The bedroom and bathroom are spacious, plus living and dining area are very comfortable. We could relax on the comfy sofa with a glass of wine after a long day out visiting Cambridge. It has lots of restaurants and supermarkets all within walking distance, equally to walk to the centre city. Plus if needed public bus transport is close by, and the train station is within walking distance.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Very good, location excellent, spacious and very clean.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The man who met us only did the very basics. Didn’t show how to use the washing machine and dryer, didn’t explain the system to have the flat cleaned and leaving our key and how to retrieve it. When we were leaving the cleaner arrived at exactly 11 and we were almost ready only needed an extra 5 minutes and she was very rude and aggressive which wasn’t necessary. The flat could have had a map of Cambridge.

The flat was clean and the heating excellent. The flat was spacious

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

I expected much higher standard for the price I paid
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We informed our host about our arrival time one day in advance and we called again to confirm 45 min before. After arriving there was no one to meet us and give us the key to the property. After 3 more calls and 30 min of waiting we get the key. The property wasn't clean (dirty table and pillow cover on the sofa). The tap in the kitchen was leaking. In the bedroom there was only one table lamp and the bulb in it didn't work.

close to the city centre

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

Value for money
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Could of been more organised. We had reserved parking but unless you have a small car then there is no way you are fitting into the space. Also we requested one travel cot, when we arrived it wasn't there. I was told it would be delivered within 1 hour. It didn't arrive until 3 hours later and when we went to put it up it was broken.

Young man was polite. Was close to city centre and apartment was clean. Also didn't hear any of the residents in the other apartment.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

Good location. Price of accommodation reasonable for 4 for 2 nights.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

One disappointing aspect of our stay occurred when dealing with peymans before our stay. Had stated in initial booking might need to avail of parking but when I went to confirm it I was told no parking space was available for that date! So parking became an additional expense during our stay. Also in the initial booking I had asked if we could have an air bed as our kids were 14&16 boy/girl but peymans said it wasn’t necessary stating the beds were big enough for them to share. They weren’t.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Excellent! Wish I had known them earlier. Highly recommended!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Minor things: (1) the bathroom didn't have window and the exhaust was not working; (2) the shampoo/shower gel were not labelled, so it was hard to tell them apart.

A very cosy apartment and felt at home straightaway. The kitchen was very well-equipped, including a coffee machine with nespresso pods, milk, sugar. Everything was very well-thought out by the host!

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

it could be a great stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The toilet table was broken and just it was on the ground. They told me that someone was going to repair it. No One showed up and I did not receive email to let me know the reason or just to ask me if I want to change the flat.

the flat is very nice and well located. The check in is easy, however you need to insist that you will just send an email and you will not call as they require you to call 45 minutes before the check in without thinking that you do not have a UK mobile. Check out is very easy.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

A lovely property and excellent location/value for money; let down by a few niggles
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Delay in being let into the property. Hot water intermittent in the bath later in the evening. Lights not working in the bedroom and unable to be fixed that evening

Bed very comfy and quiet location - everything very clean and well equipped

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

Loved spending time with a daughter in her new home city
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Having booked a car parking space, we had to vacate it to avoid a major conflict between hosts rep and another guest. Key collection was hit and miss. The £150 deposit ought to have triggered a text when the flat was cleaned, but yet to receive it so hope the return works.

excellent location walking distance from all colleges, river and open spaces. The flat had everything we needed and was warm during a very cold snap. It was also very close to our daughter's home.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

Great value for money. Excellent location.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The courtyard was littered with cigarettes, old cans and general rubbish. The metal strips on the floor between the kitchen and living area need to be nailed down. They were very lose and cut our feet through our socks.

Location and kitchen facilities

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

A nice and convenient apartment for a short stay.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

inflexible check-in time (unless you are willing to pay extra). heating control has a problem, it's always to warm and don't know how to lower the heat down.

Convenient location

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

Quiet but great central location, spacious apartment, staff...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Living area a bit basic - a couple of small tables would be nice Instead of having to put your wine glass on the floor! When we arrived neither bedside light worked (they got one working) & the floor lamp in sitting room didn't work so had to have main lights on. All could be easily solved

Quiet but great central location, spacious apartment, staff very helpful. A few useful basics in kitchen (oil, vinegar, salt & pepper grinders & a Nespresso machine with a pack of pods!) Excellent value for Cambridge!

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Great.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Booking arrangements were confusing as I received 3 confirmation emails and was asked in the 4 the email for arrival time which I had already given.

It was spotlessly clean. The coffee maker was great. Lots of space. Heating was good and nice comfortable seating.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

The apartment has a really good location.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We asked what was worth seeing in the area and where was good to eat and drink, however, we didn't get very much back which was disappointing.

The apartment has a really good location. It was comfortable and had everything we might need! Would definitely recommend staying here and would book again!

• Reviewed: December 23, 2017

Nice apartment in a good location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Unfortunately there was no facility to leave our suitcases after check out. There are not many alternatives in Cambridge especially near the train station, which made things a bit difficult for us.

Great location! The apartment was well equipped and heated. Comfortable bed. We had everything we needed during our stay.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

Very nice apartment facilities and convenience
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

A rug on the lounge floor to pull the room together and add more sense of warmth :)

Spacious, very well appointed kitchen, comfortable bed, smart arrangement with bedroom at back for quiet

• Reviewed: December 9, 2017

The environment of all the rooms are pretty nice.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The environment of all the rooms are pretty nice. They provide with new furniture and kitchen ware. The decoration made us feel we were home, will book again if we still visit Cambridge.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2017

A very mixed - both excellent and NAY experience in Cambridge
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

1. The quality of the information on their profile - it should, to make it correct - to state that there is only 2 parking bays. It is not 'limited', there are simply 2 bays and it is first come, first serve. Make it honest guys, honestly sells! 2. The support. As soon as something goes wrong - the boiler stopped working for us during the last day - there will be no-one to help you since 'it is landlord's responsibility' and 'it is an older model that we don't service any longer'. A really massive NAY to an otherwise great place. Hedge your bets! In all honestly, I was offered a range of help to compensate for it - a free parking during the day before the new guests arrived.

I had a very mixed impression of the property. On PLUS side, if everything works, you get a very warm, comfortable place to stay.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

We love Cambridge!

All seems good!

We like the location of the apartment, it's close to the train station and city centre. If you need some grocery store, it's 40 sec walk. The apartment is clean, comfort and very warm.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2017

The apartment was very well located and tidy.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

However, we were woken up quite early the next morning by a repairman wanting to enter the apartment for a fire alarm check. The host did not inform us on any of this the day before so I did not let him in. After an hour or so, another lady came in wanting to “check the apartment”. This was without prior notice of the host and taking into consideration that we were to check out at 11am that morning. We understand these procedures are necessary but we thought a heads up from the host would have been polite, specially considering we were staying only one night.

The apartment was very well located and tidy. We were welcomed immediately by a nice host who took the security deposit and explained the instructions for key drop-off. The apartment was warm enough and beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

Very happy with this accommodation. Spacious and well equipped.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The arrangement of furniture in the bedroom could be be better. Not all drawers were very accessible but not a problem for a short visit. The heating came on automatically in the mornings but it was really quite hot!

Very convenient location for train station and easy walk to city centre. Would definitely book again.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2017

Close to town centre, fresh sheets and towels.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Damp smell in bathroom, very overpowering. Lights not working in main lounge when we arrived. Front door entry system not working from hallway. Front door could be opened by pushing it.... security issue here. Had to wait at property for someone to come and let us in (he was late). No parking organised, when it was it was VERY tight and badly organised to rear of the building. No oven gloves, uncomfortable sofas, minimum furnishing.

Closeness to city centre.. Cooking facilities... Smoke free and pet free

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

Very pleasure place. Excellent location.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Stairs to some of the apartments.

Very close to train station , shops and restaurants. Very clean. Walking distance to city centre , museums and gardens.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

Lovely apartment, great value for money, just make sure to read important info BEFORE booking stay.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Wasn’t made very clear that you had to have someone over 23 staying there! Also no plug for the bath tub.

Host was lovely, was very clean, facilities were easy to use and very close to the centre of Cambridge.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

We requested (by email and phone) an early check in and...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We requested (by email and phone) an early check in and agreed to pay the 30GBP fee. We were then told this was not possible and check-in was only from 3pm. Our guest arrived in Cambridge at 10:30am . When he finally checked in Peymans demanded a 150GBP deposit ( apparently to be re-funded at a much later date) despite the fact that our company had paid in full for the accommodation before arrival. Terrible service and very embarrassing for our international guests. We will not use again.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Generally excellent
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Some washing up liquid would have been useful! It was also quite hot and I couldn't find a way to turn down the heating.

Beautiful flat, well equipped and comfortable

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Not worth your money
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

* Peymans tries to operate like a hotel, but every time you speak to a member of staff they say that they are not authorized to do/agree to something (seems to be all students...). We had an issue that (independent of the outcome of the dispute) was handled in the most unprofessional way. * They were very unclear about the parking spaces. We thought we had booked it, but apparently we didn't... (will cost you 15 to 20 pounds extra a day...) * Even though this is what they promote, the quality of the finishing of the apartment was quite poor. Looks nice on pictures, but in reality is all IKEA-quality.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Good value for money, clean apartment, ideal for short stay in Cambridge
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Sofa was very uncomfortable. Parking is tight.....we have a large car. The air freshener was very strong, we unplugged it for the weekend. There was no plug for the bath. I stayed 2 weeks ago and room number 5 was much more comfortable

Everything was very clean. Facilities very good. Good supply of tea/coffee etc

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

Grossly disgusting
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The huge coverage of mould on the walls in the bedroom and lounge room.

There was nothing to like about this property. Don’t be misguided by the photos.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

I will avoid this company and choose a place run by a reasonable and flexible person
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The air conditioning wasn't working and when called, the maintenance crew could not fix it and I had to spend another cold night until it was fixed. The description of the apartment mentioned a desk that did not exist. Nobody collected the garbage for a full week. And most of all, I was charged 30 Pounds for having arrived 6 minutes after 8pm, (my flight was late) even though I called in advance. This is the same amount I would have been charged if I had arrived 3 hours late, but the company man who welcomed me claimed that 6 minutes or 3 hours was the same. Company rules...

The location is not bad, thought not as near the city center as advertised

• Reviewed: September 30, 2017

Stay was good. The apartment was convenient and close to the centre of Cambribge.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The staircase - very narrow and made it difficult to carry up the luggage. The bathroom exhaust should be independent of the light switch. This will enable the moisture/steam from hot water to be cleared and avoid mouldy smell by keeping the exhaust fan running for a longer time.

Room was well equipped.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

The place is new/refurbished, so the facilities are...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Though contacted the office 45min prior to arrival, we still waited for more than 15min outside the apartment for someone to help us checkin.

The place is new/refurbished, so the facilities are definitely up to standard.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2017

Good value with plenty of space in a good location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

When I booked it said the room had a sofa bed and double bed (thought this would be good for me travelling with a friend so we could each have a bed) but when we arrived there was no sofa bed and because I hadn't specified the need for it, we were told we couldn't have two beds without paying extra for an inflatable bed. We managed but a sofa bed would have been nice, also because the two armchairs in the living room weren't that comfortable. Otherwise the facilities were really good, the location was excellent and if anything the apartment was a bit too warm for the weather.

Location was great, an easy walk from the station and a comfortable walk to town if you have no mobility issues. Plenty of space.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2017

Much better than a hotel and good location.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Parking is very limited - only two spaces for 7 flats so some will lose out even though advertised as free parking.

Plenty of space and nice coffee machine

• Reviewed: September 9, 2017

No recommended
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Carpet very dirty, extensive mould in bathroom, unable to open many of the windows, no plug in the bathroom sink and very few cooking utensils

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

Convenient location but facilities of the sort
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

No reception and instruction where to check in. When arrived, I was unable to find help except email. Then found the contact number to reach out for help. No instruction on how to operate the washing machine. No spoons or forks for eating. Some lightings were not working.

Location of the property is convenient and close to the train station.

We Price Match