Reviews of Agali Houses 4 stars

Main Street, Firostefani, 84 700, Greece

#9 of 19 hotels in Firostefani

• Sunset Suite with Private Pool - Sea and Caldera View

I have stayed on Santorini a number of times but for me I would always return to Agali Houses. It has an incredible view, each room is unique and just as good any expensive cave room in Oia or honeymoon suite in Imergovili. The location is ideal because it’s a short (and beautiful) walk into Fira for shopping and entertainment. But the Firastefani restaurants are just at the top of the stairs! There’s choice of traditional Greek, sushi and one place (Milos restaurant) even offers elegant dining and tasting menu with Santorini wine. I was very impressed! Can not fault Agali Houses: bed was super comfy, staff were so kind and breakfast was amazing as well. I look forward to my return!

• Senior Double Room with Sea View

There are a lot of steps to get off the property to go anywhere. No elevator.

Staff was excellent. Beautiful rooms. Didn't eat there, so cannot comment on the food. Comfortable beds. Nice shower and bathroom. Outstanding view. Porter's take your luggage up & down the steps for you.

• Sunset Suite with Private Pool - Sea and Caldera View

We stayed in the Sunset Suite with private pool which was amazing. However, there was nowhere to sunbathe as the pool was the only bit of the balcony/outside area which wasn’t covered!

Staff were fantastic. Very helpful and would offer to sort anything for us. Views fantastic. Cafe excellent. Cleaners lovely and made everything spotless everyday!

• Senior Double Room with Sea View

Pool water was extremely cold , it was very uncomfortable to be inside the pool

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights . The reception is around 70 steps down the main road. The location is great ...I must say , the view was breathtaking , view is to die for. We were 2 couples. Initially one of the room given to us was okaish however once we let the staff know , they showed us many different rooms and the one we liked was given to us the next day ( as on the day of arrival ) some other guests were staying in that room . The view is outstanding . Rooms were spacious , bathroom was nice and spacious , the toiletries were of great quality . Perfect place to stay for a relaxing vacation . Might be difficult for people with age as there are many steps to climb up and down, but its totally worth .

• Double Room with Sea View

Limited food options at the hotel. You can't drink the water on Santorini, yet they only gave us one bottle of mineral water; we had to buy more. The bath towel I received was threadbare and would have been put in the rag bag at my house.

Gorgeous views of the caldera from our balcony and the swimming pool. Spacious, luxurious room. Staff was extremely friendly. We arrived befor check-in, and were shown a room where we could change into our bathing suits so we could spend the time before our room was ready at the pool.

• Senior Double Room with Sea View

Nothing really, breakfast wasn’t great for €15 pp. I only had it once but went elsewhere after that.

Views from balcony are stunning. Entire hotel and pool are is beautiful. One of the nicest places I’ve ever stayed. Staff are excellent and very helpful. Would highly recommend staying here.

• Superior Room with Sea View

The ceiling in the bedroom is white and low. I hit my head a few times walking to my bed (I am 5'8") You have to wait 15 mins for the water heater to kick in before showering. Hot water only stays for a few minutes so you have to shower fast! Wifi is very spotty. Location is quite a walk from Fira. It's quite a walk down the steps from the main road.

The view from the room was AMAZING! It is located on the lowest point of the cliff. The room was very clean with great amenities. Bedroom has its own window to view the ocean. Every room has own balcony to sit and enjoy the beautiful view. Bathroom is spacious and modern. Continental breakfast was above average. Staff is excellent. They're very nice and accommodating. Has a beautiful pool area to lay out.

• Triple Junior Suite with Outdoor Hot Tub

One problem is that Wifi service is only available in public areas, which means you are not going to get enough signals for surfing in your room. You got to go down many stairs to reach the place. Breakfast can be improved by adding varieties. Expensive.

I enjoy my stay in Agali. The room is big and well-equipped with beautiful decorations. Staff are kind and helpful. The location is also unparalleled. You can enjoy the sunset in your bedroom. Breakfast was normal.

• Double Room with Sea View

Be prepared to get your steps in!! 102 steps to get from the street to the reception level.

The staff was wonderful, especially Ralaina in the bar area!

• Double Room with Sea View

Location Very difficult for a disabled person - I did know that - but just so as others know - did not like having to switch hot water on and off for a hotel of this quality

Lovely staff very helpful - room was spotless - gave me an upgrade and also free late check out - views amazing - magical Place to stay

• Senior Double Room with Sea View

Pool was not heated. I didn't mind, but people should be aware that there a lot of steps to get to the hotel. This just means you earn your dinner and wine.

Great staff, fantastic view, great location.

• Double Room with Sea View

On arriving at Agali Houses, I commented to my husband 'I hope it is as good as the photos'. Well we found that Agali Houses was not only as good, but better. The views are stunning and the welcome we received was first rate. As we are in the 65+ age group, Agali Houses immediately upgraded our room so we had easy access to the restaurant & reception areas. The room was beautifully designed with not one but two private balcony's. Customer Service is simply the best, from reception to breakfast service, to daily housekeeping. We opted to have breakfast each day as there was an excellent selection of food, including cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt, pastries, cheeses, cold meats and hot selection which varied each day. A fresh pot of coffee was delivered to your table within minutes of sitting at your table. From 9am onwards you could sit on the terrace with stunning views over the Caldera. My husband and I could honestly not find ay fault at all. We had an amazing holiday in Santorini and this was in large part to Agali Houses. Very very highly recommended.

• Superior Room with Sea View

For the price breakfast should have been included with our stay. Though not a bad thing, if you are physically challenged in anyway such as knee problems, problems with walking etc. this property will be challenging as there are over 100 steep steps to climb up and down but worth the trip! We had killer calves after is was all over.

The views were breathtakingly beautiful. We had the Superior sea view room with a balcony/patio which made for great viewing. The staff was exceptional friendly and very helpful during our stay.

• Superior Room with Sea View

Definitely worthy place to stay. Great location, nice room, and helpful staff. Firostefami is quieter than other areas but super easy to get to the action. great restaurants right near by don't go too far because some of the best are close. There are certainly better breakfasts in the area than Agalin House's 15 euro continental such as Gardini right next door. Vanilla is great for dinner just up the 1000 stairs with a great sunset view. Only other minor downside is it takes a little while for water to warm up before you can shower. Great views highly recommend it for the price.

• Double Room with Sea View

The maid didn't enter the room until late afternoon which I did not think she was coming at all, I had just made a pitcher of a drink so me and my significant other could enjoy and keep it cold (lack of ice) we went to the pool for a dip when we returned the room was cleaned and our special drink was dumped. That really aggravated both of us! Also not handicap friendly not that we were I just could not imagine if I was how would I have gotten around lots of stairs to leave the hotel.

I loved the location and the fact when we opened the doors from our bedroom to the private balcony the gorgeous view we had (unreal). The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would definitely return to this location.

• Sunset Suite with Private Pool - Sea and Caldera View

when the wether is cold u cant get benifit of as long as there is no heating system swimming pool and jacozy

Nice view and location as it is near fira the city center

• Superior Room with Sea View

The accommodation is in a wonderful place, Firostefani, away from the busyness of Fira, with lots of lovely restaurants. Would highly recommend, but please ensure that before booking you are capable of going up and down the 100 steps to reception then more to get to your room.

• Double Room with Sea View

There was no top sheet on the bed. Really, that's all I can come up with.

This property was beautiful. It was very centrally located with only a 15 minute walk into Fira. We loved it so much we generally spent all afternoon hanging out at the pool deck and then our room's balcony. We never had to fight the crowds to see the sunset because we had a perfect view from our own balcony. We didn't want to leave.

• Superior Room with Sea View

In extremely poor taste charged us Charged 4 euro for a welcome glass of tea. Yes charged for a welcome drink and responded insolently to my questioning. 100 steep stairs to top. Exhausting, unpleasant. Not for the faint hearted. Advertised as air conditioned. My two bedroom 750 sq ft suite had one small a/c unit in one bdrm. Nothing in living room or second bdrm or kitchen. Heat was stifling. Falsely advertised. The Pool, room/patio layout and view were the highlights of the property.

Pool

• Double Room with Sea View

I would stay here again in a heartbeat, so these are more minor suggestions than criticisms: 1. Heat the pool. It was a bit on the cold side considering the air temp was hot. 2. Provide a place next to the pool to discard used pool towels. There were times we found no "available" lounges by the pool because it appeared they were being saved. In fact, they were just towels left behind by other guests that had not been cleared away for hours. 3. Breakfast is not included and costs 15 Euro per person. Choices were good, though. We found that by day 3, we opted to go to the Galini Café up the steps/next door which has a great breakfast menu. Ended up spending about 32 Euro for two so not any savings from the hotel buffet. Caution to anyone that can't handle many steps up and down. The opening to the hotel is 74 steps below plaza level, then another 20 steps down to reception, terrace and breakfast, then 42 more steps down to the pool level and, in our case, another 45 steps to our room. We are "senior citizens" so this was a lot of exercise in the heat!. But that's also Santorini!

Great location in Firostefani. Beautiful facilities and views beyond compare. Breakfast and food for lunch on the terrace were great. Staff were very nice. Commendations to the gentleman who lugs your baggage up and down from the town square! We booked a double sea view room with a terrace. The room was very ordinary but the bathroom was great. It was at the lowest level of the property so way too many steps to climb. I would definitely recommend Agali Houses, adding that you should maybe request a slightly upgraded room and specify level if that is important. Also request a covered terrace for your room as afternoon sun is hot. They had a nice arrangement for us since our ferry was not until 5:00 and check-out was at noon. They have a room with showers so you can use the pool and then shower an change before leaving, even after check-out. A number of good restaurant choices nearby.

• Double Room with Sea View

It would have been lovely to have binoculers to see out over there amazing view

The staff couldnt do enough for us as we were getting married on our trip

• Sunset Suite with Private Pool - Sea and Caldera View

Nothing at all, only small thing was the wifi strength to the rooms could be weak in areas; however, it didn't bother us to be honest and I would guess this is typical in the surrounding hotels as well.

The stay at Agali houses was out of this world, we stayed in the Sunset suite which was even better that we first expected. I would recommend the hotel to everyone and will return in the future. The views from every part of the hotel are amazing, pool area is great, the staff are so helpful and welcoming, the bar/restaurant is great especially the cocktails (Try the Agali Sunset). The Ram of Santorini is brilliant , couldn't believe how he can carry all the bags up and down those stairs, top man. Thanks again Agali houses, you made our stay in Santorini amazing.

See above

This was our second time at A gali house. Fist time the experiance was sensational.Sadly this experiance was not so good. Breakfast was average .Free wifi only worked out side . Our stay was for 8 nights and Wifi only worked for the first day.We got numerous excuses why it didn't work ,however the staff were not very helpful and kept on making excuses. The property has also seen better days.The salt water has caused the wooden beams to rot . The pictures advertised on booking .com are not current .

Steps down to hotel are a pain but that's the price you pay for such a view! Also a bummer that breakfast is €15 per day as all the other hotels included it for free.

Loved the place! Views are ridiculous! Cleanliness and staff are outstanding.

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sea View

It would have been great to have some cooking facilities in the kitchen to make breakfast - e.g. a hot plate or microwave.

We booked the 2 bedroom apartment and it was so spacious and comfortable - perfect for 4 people! The staff were so helpful especially the porters!

• Double Room with Sea View

Nothing! Everything was fantastic :)

Love love LOVED this hotel. We wanted luxury for the last 4 nights of our trip and we got it. We stayed in a superior double room with sea views. Absolutely breathtaking 180 degree ocean views (caldera side) from our private balcony from which we could also see the volcano and most importantly the sunset! The room itself was gorgeous, and the pool area amazing, breakfast area amazing (all with these incredible views) heaps of outdoor common areas with sun beds and lounges (and of course the view) and even the walkways around the grounds were nice. The staff were so helpful, booked ATVs for us in advance and organised shuttles, etc. We booked about ) months in advance and got a reasonable price, and got our room upgraded when we arrived for free. Can't say enough good things about it I highly recommend spending the extr money and spoiling yourself.

Being at the front of the cliff there are 100 or so steps down from the entrance at the top to the rooms. This wasn't a big deal though and is obviously unavoidable. The porters do a great job taking your bags for you. We had two rooms. One of them the shower head was leaking and spraying everywhere a bit and the seals around the shower were not working leading water to leak out into the rest of the bathroom. The other room had worse problems with their shower, it was a struggle to shower for most of the stay and broke all together by the end. Aircon was only available in the main bedroom too, leaving the loft without if you wanted to keep the bedroom door shut. Though fortunately the room was so secluded that leaving the window open wasn't a problem.

Beds were the best we've had in Europe in a long time. Location was amazing. it was located at the front of the cliff, so no properties below or in front, very private. The area it was located in was perfect too. Once you walk up from the resort you a right in the centre of Firostefani, right near the bus stop for the route to Oia, and only 10 mins walk to the main town, yet just far enough away to avoid the swarms of tourists from the cruises. The immediate area is very nice, more peaceful than the town and has loads of great restaurants. The transfer drivers, porters and all staff were very nice and helpful.

The steps....but hey, that's Santorini

Overall great resort and excellent location. Our room had an ocean view - so open the door, take 2 steps and the Aegean Sea is smacking you in the face! Just amazing!! Staff are extremely friendly and helpful and know best spots to visit. 10/10 Agali Houses

• Executive Double Room with Sea View

This was the only hotel we stayed at in Greece that did not include breakfast in our stay which made us feel a little unwelcome considering the price per night to stay. WIFI does not work at all in the room so had to climb the stairs to check emails. View is exceptional would still highly recommend

This positon is perfect the view is magic and its just out of fira with a better view of the sunset. Terrace to our room was exceptional

• Senior Double Room with Sea View

No aircon in bedroom only downstairs and it didn't cool upstairs. Hot water not on permanently. Need to turn on heater prior to shower. For the money you would expect it turned on all the time. Ceiling height in bedroom not ideal.

The view and breakfast and bar area

• Senior Double Room with Sea View

The breakfast 'buffet' I would not recommend. Why they try cater for tourist then deliver a Greek breakfast is beyond me. Now for the biggest let down. I simply do not know where the rooms advertised on booking.com are located. I explored quite a few rooms and did not discover them. The images are apparently of all of their "modern" 2BR suits but not of their other room types. Then claimed our rooms were newly renovated, well that depends on your definition of what the 1960's of Greece should look like. Personally, I felt we were given the maids quarters. Hence why I would never recommend this hotel for their rooms only for the location. It reuined our experience with my family so be very careful to check the rooms before booking here. Ask for exact photos as this was a common issue encountered when looking for alternative accomodation.

The location is great. Close enough to Thira, yet quite enough to enjoy peaceful postcard views. The facilities, especially the pool are great even the 80 stairs to the hotel are well worth it. The staff are accomodating and all speak English very well.

• Executive Double Room with Sea View

The bed was upstairs in our room, and the only air conditioner was downstairs. It got so hot up there by the 3rd night that we had to ask the front desk for a fan. Once we had a fan, it was fine.

Views of the Caldera are absolutely amazing!! Breakfast buffet was incredible (even though you have to pay extra for it). Everything was very clean!

• Double Room with Sea View

The wifi in some areas of our room didn't work.

Our room was incredible, clean and spacious. The views were breathtaking and the staff were lovely.

• Senior Double Room with Sea View

Very nice to stay here, the staff very helpful , we arrived around 12:00 a. M. In the morning, then very lucky our room has already prepared, and hotel has a very nice view and swimming pool, and our balcony also can see the beautiful sunset!

• Executive Double Room with Sea View

People putting towels on sun beds around the pool and going out for the day. A huge amount of steps but worth it if you're able bodied.

Very comfortable bed. Stunning views. Excellent staff.

• Superior Room with Sea View

The property was excessively over priced. Of course this is true of all of santorini but you can get much better value for money elsewherr. Shower had almost no water pressure which is not what you expect when paying in excess of 350eur a night!

Location and sunset view were fantastic

• Double Room with Sea View

Amazing views and stunning premises!! Room was cleaned everyday and was so comfortable!! There was this absolute legend who carried our (and every other guest) bags up and down the stairs to the rooms, a driver said he was called The Ram of Santorini!! It was amazing seeing how hard he worked!!

• Double Room with Sea View

The water pressure in our shower and the pool shower was not the best. But this could just be a common issue across Santorini.

Amazing views & fantastic porter. That guy deserves a raise after carrying all that luggage up and down those stairs. We had fantastic staff at reception and our room was serviced well.

• Senior Double Room with Sea View

There were so many steps from the room to the main road.Be prepared with walking shoes.

Beautiful view of the caldera!They also upgraded our room free of charge. The staff was great!

• Superior Room with Sea View

Can't complain about anything.

The view and location are amazing. Pool is very nice. Staff and service were A+. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Junior Suite with Outdoor Hot Tub Caldera View

I rarely write negative reviews, but as someone who values reading opinions before booking hotels, I felt it was only fair to let other travelers know about our experience. While Agali Houses are not terrible, they are exceptionally overpriced for what they offer. If you're going to be spending 300+ for a hotel, absolutely stay somewhere else. Agali should not be charging more than $100-150 a night for what you get at their facilities. When we arrived to Agali, we were informed we were "upgraded" to a better room - an executive room. This was not an upgrade; The room had a major ant infestation, rust on nearly all appliances, stains on the furniture, and a broken Air Conditioning unit (they were able to slightly fix the banging noise). Everything seemed used, dated, and in desperate need of remodeling. When we complained and asked for the original room we booked, we were told they were sold out. The receptionist then admitted the executive room needs to be updated and will probably be fully remodeled next year. After nearly 45 minutes of asking to be moved or a refund, the staff eventually found us an open room (the same room we originally booked (Superior room). While it was a vast improvement from the executive room, it did not match the photos and also had a major ant infestation. Needless to say, we did not enjoy our welcome / "upgrade"/ and first hour at Agali. The hotel also seems to only have one porter to help with bags (this is important since you have 45-50 stairs you need to climb to get to the hotel grounds). Thus, my bf had to carry our luggage to the hotel since the porter left for the evening (and was taking 20 minutes to return). The receptionists are very kind, but the entire place feels really under staffed whenever you need anything (ordering drinks, suggestions for dinner, etc.).

The location for sunset viewing was beautiful.

• Superior Room with Sea View

People working there seemed odd and a little rude. Did not like the bathroom situation that we had to dispose all paper into a tiny trash can behind the toilet. Pretty disgusting. Also we slept in one and and the housing keeping just opened the door and walked in no knocks or anything.

The view was definitely the best

• Double Room with Sea View

The steps didn't worry us but they clearly would be a challenge for older guests or those with breathing difficulties or a significant lack of fitness. The crowds in Oia when we went to visit one evening - this made us glad we had chosen Firostephanie for our holiday! Santorini airport is a joke sadly and was the only real downer in the whole trip for us - every flight seemed to be delayed in and out and the complete lack of organisation there and simple lack of facilities/scale to cope with the traffic is woeful.

Awesome location, views, sunsets etc..... Room was lovely - interesting design and individual nature of each room made it far more special than "just a hotel". Super friendly and helpful staff from the porter carrying the bags up and down the 120 steps, through to the receptionists, the maids, and the breakfast/lunch restaurant area lady. Pool was perfectly positioned and a really nice temperature - our room was close enough that we could use our own sunbeds on our terrace and then just take a short walk for a cooling dip - we did use the beds by the pool also and generally there wasn't very much "bed hogging" going on. Firostephani seemed much nicer and quieter than Fira itself which suited us - it still had plenty of very good restaurants to choose from too each evening of our stay.

• Executive Double Room with Sea View

Two things to note. If either are super important to you, then look elsewhere. 1. They do not use a dryer when they launder the bathroom towels (not sure why, b/c the pool towels did not have any issue) therefore, the towels are quite rough on your skin, like pretty rough, specially after a day in the sun. Plan B - ask for extra pool towels and use those. 2. As other reviews have mentioned, there are A LOT of stairs.. like 80 of them and its a bit steep (as are all other hotels so not an individual problem here) BUT, after the third day my hubby and i agreed that it was a good little work-out and the view more than justified the climb. The stairs seem to invigorate and help you get going in the morning. If you don't mind a bit of exercise everyday, then its not really an issue at all. Also, if your room is at the very top of the property then you won't have as many stairs to climb,

THE VIEW!!!! OMG... we stayed in an executive double room, #118 and it was amazing. A 1 bdrm suite with a patio that is the length of the entire suite and directly looks over the Caldera with insane views and sunsets. The hotel location itself was perfect! Walking distance to the bustling town for Fira, but not in the thick of it. Imergimovil was an easy walk and had some great restaurants with a view, like Skaros Restaurant. Oia was a good 30 min drive (on an ATV), and in my opinion somewhat boring/ too touristy. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. Good AC, has small kitchenette with everything you would need, basic, but just right. Girls, there is a blowdryer that is decent too. Note* outside walls are not super high and due to the nature of the construction into the rock, rooms are at various levels so patios are not always completely private, but still pretty awesome. That said, they did a great job of spreading terraces out and making the most of the view. The staff was very friendly, informative, and accommodating. Additionally the cafe was ok, and although some complained about the breakfast, we did not rely on the hotel for food as there were so many restaurants around that were delicious and that we wanted to try. I think we had lunch, a coffee and a few beers from the cafe. Overall, the rooms, the grounds and the views make this hotel a great value for the money! Read my cons to make an informed decision

• Executive Double Room with Sea View

As expected, a lot of stairs, but that's a must if you want to enjoy this view. There are only few sunbeds by the pool due to limited space, so better be quick in the morning.

Outstanding view, nice staff and modern rooms. Just the right location to enjoy the lovely sunset!

• Double Room with Sea View

Can't find fault with the hotel. We really liked it. Wifi was provided in the public areas and It would have been nice to have it in our room. Occasionally we were able to get a signal on our balcony. Not a deal breaker though.

Beautiful location. Responsive, helpful staff. Close enough to be near the night life of Fira if you wanted it but felt like a million miles away from the hustle and bustle. Great pool with amazing views. From what we could see of other similar hotels, the pool was a good size and was very attractive. We were upgraded to a bigger room which was a bonus! Loved the toiletries😀. Lovely terrace in the evening for dining with of course that amazing view of the sunset. Would definitely return.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Superior Room with Sea View

The WiFi isn't available in the rooms which isn't a big issue as you're in Santorini but would be nice to have. breakfast was not worth 15 euros.

We loved the bed and the balcony with sunbeds. We got given a free upgrade to an executive room which was amazing and made our trip even better. They also organised rose petals, wine and candles on the day of my proposal to my partner.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Junior Suite with Outdoor Hot Tub Caldera View

Breakfast should have been inclusive. The outdoor jaccuzi pool water was stale and not hot as described..

Balcony and Terrace View, Toiletries of Azzaro...

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Double Room with Sea View

Our stay at Agali Houses was AMAZING! Gorgeous views, incredible room, excellent and accommodating staff. Couldn't have picked a better place to stay at!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Superior Room with Sea View

The breakfast was was very poor with limited choice. Room service was not available. So even if we needed to drink water we had to walk all the way up to a mini market to buy.

Excellent location, friendly staffs, neat and clean room with a good view.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Senior Double Room with Sea View

Everything was absolutely perfect.

The staff were unbelievably hospitable, kind and helpful. Beautiful property, beautiful rooms. They let us have free breakfast every morning despite us offering to pay for it. The manager Ms.V is an amazing host. Can't say enough good words for this place. Just the perfect relaxing weekend holiday. The sunsets were amazing too!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Our room was right on the corner where people walked up and down the steps....we were looking for a quiet relaxing place. However, it was fine enough.

The facility was clean, pretty and in a lovely location.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Executive Double Room with Sea View

The room was amazing. Wonderful views out onto the island and excellent access to swimming pool and restaurant. Agali houses is nicely sheltered from the northerly wind which can get quite blustery throughout the day. We stayed for three nights in the junior suite and would return in a heart beat. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Sunset Suite with Private Pool - Sea and Caldera View

It was more of a bed and breakfast type feel than a resort, which can be preferable for some.

Beautiful view from the sunset suite, definitely an awesome suite. We also loved how cordial and extremely accommodating the staff was.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

There is no wifi in the rooms and it is very slow in the common areas, we had no hot water in our room, breakfast is not included in the room rate and is overpriced for what they provide, photos did not match room that we booked online, there was a damp/mound smell on the balcony of our room, no room service, not enough chairs around the pool area for the amount of guests at the hotel. Very overpriced for the services and facilities. The view is amazing! And the staff are friendly.

We liked the location. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel has access to great tours around the island.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Breakfast could have been better. Of all of the hotels I stayed at during a month long Greek island stay in 5 islands, it had the least variety. Though the breakfast terrace is so beautiful overlooking the volcanic island and sea that it made up for it.

The terrace to the looked out to the most spectacular view

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Superior Room with Sea View

The breakfast is extra cost and its very basic. We ate there one morning not knowing it wasn't included and the cost was 30 euro for the two of us! If you want convenience its great, but our dinners didn't even cost that much. This hotel is lower into the cliff than the other hotels. You get fabulous views but at the price of more steps to take up to the street. It wasn't bad for us, but if you have a heart condition or bad knees please be aware.

The room was spotless! so beautiful with the most amazing views of the caldera. The pool was so tranquil and refreshing. Its a great, quiet location just a 5-10 minute walk to downtown Fira. The staff was so helpful and even had excursion options for us, which we used. We had a late evening flight, but the staff welcomed us to stay and use the pool and bar for the day. After our pool time they had an extra space/room specifically for our situation so we could get cleaned up before our flight! We have only ever had that happen at one other hotel and it was a St. Regis. So to me, that customer service is top notch!

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

nothing it was all AMAZING

What can we say about agali houses, it was truly amazing! Myself and my Best friend stayed here from the 14-20th September 2016. We had the superior sea view room! Which was just out of this world! We were room 124 right out of the way with our own balcony with views that went on for miles! It was my 4th time to Santorini and Kellys first time, for me it doesn't get old and Kelly LOVED it! She couldn't get over just how beautiful it was- The hotel helped form this impression. The staff are amazing! The porter what a man! He's just amazing running up and down the stairs effortlessly! The girls in reception couldn't have been more helpful both of them were fab and very helpful. Our cleaner was quick and very good always a happy smiley lady. Gioyta the lady who serves breakfast and lunch she was amazing such a lovely lady we really did love her, she makes amazing Greek salad me also! The younge man in the evening was so chatty and helpful and very good at making cocktails! The location is great ALOT OF STEPS! 155 from our room to the top but honestly we would do that again and again and again just to be back at agali houses! 15 min walk to Fira for a bit of night life. There are Lots of bars and restaurants along the top just up the stairs from the hotel! The girls helped us arrange pick up and drop off from the airport and a taxi to Oia! I'd 100% recommend agali houses I will be staying here again very soon! Thank you for the most amazing stay! Emily and Kelly

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Room was probably larger than expected and everything was first class comfort. We liked Firostefani. Smaller than Firo and Oia but all services at your door step (or more accurately up about 30 steps). Two excellent restaurants literally at the top of the stairs and plenty more within minutes walk. The bus also only a minute from top of stair. We hired a car for a day again at the Firostefani square. Needless to say view stunning. The sun sets behind the island in the centre of the caldera so you don't see it slide into the water like apparently you do at Oia. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

There was no sugar with the tea/coffee set after the room was cleaned. My blond hair turned little blue after using the pool, yet most of it was washed off. The staff provided shampoo and conditioner to help with the issue. Water in the pool was very cold.

Location Size of the bathroom View Privacy on the balcony Staff

• Senior Double Room with Sea View

Breakfast was rather expensive but there's a nice place next door. The bed was made up lovely but it wasn't actually very comfortable.

The view from our room was awesome and it's smack bang in the middle of the town. Decor was lovely and pool area was large by comparison to other cliff side hotels.

• Double Room with Sea View

Stayed here during our honeymoon and it was very romantic. Perfect, uninterrupted views of the ocean and sunset. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful, and the bartender makes a great mojito and pina colada! It is close to the main town Fira, but far away enough to enjoy peace and quiet when needed. Cannot fault this place and would definitely stay here again if visiting Santorini.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Senior Double Room with Sea View

Beds were a little firm, but nothing to complain about- over all fantastic.

We loved the location- absolutely faultless. Best views of the caldera and your own private balcony. Rooms were spacious! Our room didn't include breakfast, but we ate at the hotel twice and for 15 euros extra it was good. There was a selection of some hot food, pastries, cereals, fruit etc.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Executive Double Room with Sea View

I did think the hotel was a little quiet which is probably due to the honeymoon type couples that stay there. The lady at reception couldn't have been more helpful however we did find the bar/kitchen staff quite odd. On arrival we went to the bar to order food and drinks. The lady behind the bar was not very friendly and quite pass remarkable in respect of the contents of our food order. We also asked for cocktails and were refused as same did not start until 3pm. It was 2.50pm. I also asked for towels for the pool and was advised there was none ready and to come back later. It was a roasting hot day and the sunbeds were scorching hot. Again we found her quite rude. the following morning we revisited the bar to get towels and i was given a damp towel. We were going on a tour that day and i had to carry around a wet towel. The male barman was slightly friendlier but appeared extremely stressed everytime we saw him. On paying a lot of money to stay here, we would have expected the staff to be more willing to cater to guests needs and certainly be more friendly. this staff member alone would put me off returning.

Location was perfect and views could not have been better. Rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Senior Double Room with Sea View

Tooo many steps to the hotel ( which is common is Santorini), but if you consider that there is no room service it may become a bit not convenient. The room was clean but private pool had a bit too much hair around the hedge and the filter. A bit pricey for the limited services in the hotel (no gym, no room service, really hard towels).

Amazing view! All rooms have a terrace or balcony with caldera view and it is really great and worth the price. The staff is really helpful and supported us with every request. The pool is nice and the rooms are well furnished. Position is good, a nice stroll to Fira and Imerovigli, and cute restaurants nearby. Breakfast at the near Galini Hotel is reccomended!

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

The pillows were too high and firm and it was hard to get a good nights sleep. We would wake up with a stiff neck each morning. There are a lot of steps to walk down to get to the hotel.

The view is amazing and the rooms and pool very nice. Each room has its own balcony with a view if the caldera.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

It was amazing!Big rooms with amazing view and very very clean!The stuff of the hotel it was very friendly and helpful they make everything for our stay!they made upgrade to our room so we had the room with the private pool!!!thank you so much for everything! !!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Senior Double Room with Sea View

103 steps from Main Street to hotel....damn exhausting!

Amazing view and room. Amazing service at the reception. They were so friendly and nice. We wanted someone to take pictures of us at the sunset and the receptionist left her desk and came to take pictures of us for 10 min. Also, when I dropped wine on the marble table as I was enjoying the sunset with my girlfriend, the waiter came buy to fluff the pillows, and I told him "sorry I will clean it up" and he said "don't worry, enjoy the moment, and I will take care of it later"

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sea View

We loved our hotel. The view was breathtaking. We had two balconies with gorgeous views. Inside everything was decorated with such a great style. We would come back anytime!!! We apsolutly loved it!!! We highly recommend this hotel!

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Superior Room with Sea View

WIFI is entirely lacking and only accessible poolside - not at all in the room or even on the private balcony (as promised). The room hygiene could've been better - we were not too impressed by stained linens and the decidedly threadbare towels. The security deposit box is by skeleton key only. I do not recommend any more than 2 people staying at Agali at one time even if they advertise for 3-person accommodation because the sofa turned daybed is honestly one of the most uncomfortable surfaces I have slept on in my lifetime. Communication from the front desk could be improved. Our car transfers booked via the hotel were inadequate, to say the least. There were a lot of stairs, so if you're averse to stairs, this is probably not the place for you.

Convenient location (10 min walk to main street Fira) Pitch-perfect views. The view you get from your room will be the same as any other you get from a bar, or a restaurant on the cliffside of the caldera. We had front row seats to the sunset. The pool was adequate but got crowded quickly and early. The bathrooms were newly renovated - posing a stark contrast to the rest of the room, but the rain showers were nice. There were some paperback books in the room, which we appreciated.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Junior Suite with Outdoor Hot Tub Caldera View

The number of steps from the hotel to the road, but we knew what to expect when we booked. It did get easier as we got used to them.

Excellent quality accommodation with views to die for. Staff are friendly and helpful. Massive private balcony with comfortable sun loungers. Lovely pool. Nice food.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Wifi unavailable in the room. Did not seem appropriate for a hotel of this price. Outside breakfast area unavailable until 9.00am despite Santorini being a place were you would come for the views.

Great location and excellent views from the rooms. Staff extremely friendly & helpful. Excellent pool. Great variety for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Executive Double Room with Sea View

An absolutely fantastic hotel that had lovely rooms. The staff consistently went out their way to help and the hotel offers a luxury stay! We got married in Santorini and this hotel went out their way to help us celebrate this.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Executive Double Room with Sea View

Long walk up the stairs to get to main road and paths! Killed my legs!

Amazing view of the caldera and the sunset. Comfortable room, great location 15 min walk to Fira.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Such a wonderful view of the sunset from our private terrace. The pool area is perfect for enjoying a day on the sun and the view is magnificent. Very helpful and accommodating staff!