Reviews of Hotel Alexandra 2 stars

Skala, Skala, 18010, Greece

#6 of 12 hotels in Skala

Penny wise pound foolish
    • Double or Twin Room

Zero customer svc. I wanted to change my helenic seaways ticket and they ill advised me to go to the other side of the island to milos and waste several hours in the hot sun with no convenient transport back avail and ruined my one of two days in Agistri to save what turns out to be 5euro after bus and taxi. OMG!!! ALL THE TIME THERE WAS HELLENIC SEAWAYS KIOSK RIGHT NEXT TO HOTEL AT SKALA PORT. UNBELIEVABLELY OUTRAGEOUS. They were more concerned about their restaurant patrons than their guest. I stayed at Oasis hotel nearby the next night and they informed me of this. The contrast in customer service between the hotels is mindboggling. You get what you pay for. Stay at Oasis hotel if you value yourself.

The view from the room.

Lovely Greek Hospitality

We had a great stay at Alexandra. Sia, was extremely welcoming and helpful from the second we set foot at the hotel. Our rooms were extremely clean and comfortable, with the perfect AC. The boys that took care of us, were nice, friendly, helpful and made sure our rooms were taken care every day. The beach in front of the hotel is nice and the hotel is within walking distance to everything, including the ferry to Aegina, the neighbor island. Definitely a recommendation.

Lovely family run accommodation!
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely family run accommodation directly overlooking the beach. Great pool and facilities. Alexandra and the rest of the staff are warm, friendly and take pride in maintaining the place. We ate at their Taverna overlooking the ocean and the food was the tastiest we had over our 3 nights on the island!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

A beautiful place with amazing views
    • Maisonette

The location the food the view from the rooms the family who runs this hotel they made us a special dinner with a whole octopus and fish that I will never forget

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The rooms were 100m from the port.
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower leaked and the bathroom floor would be soaked after each shower. The fan in the bathroom did not work. There was no room information posted anywhere in room for the price of the rooms. We were given no information for the island when we arrived. The pool had no safety rules for the kids.

The rooms were 100m from the port. The rooms were a decent size and next to the pool. The rooms were 10 steps from the beach. There was also a good priced restaurant within the premises.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Great vacation in hotel Alexandra 👌👌👌
    • Maisonette

Evryone in this hotel is wonderful!!! Sia the owner, her mother that helps her, the lady that cleans the room... The location is great. Exactly on the beach. The food is very good and the service is exellent. We had a great time!!!

Highlight of my trip to the Greek Islands

It was perfect

Best location on the water. The host Anastasia made my short 1 day stay perfect. I could have stayed for weeks. Definitely more chilled than the other islands like Santorini. If you want a great local experience, go here!!!!!! Anastasia looked after me, and I could say it was the highlight of my trip to Greece.

excellent
    • Maisonette

All round superb. I made an error with our booking and only booked in for one night not two, booking.com had no availability at all in the area. When we arrived to check in I asked if they had a room for the following night, the owner couldn't have been more helpful and gave us a room in another part of the accommodation, all be it a little small but perfectly functional and really cheap. The pool was great and the accommodation was beach front. Would definitely go back for longer. All the staff were so friendly, we were only there two nights but I feel that we became friends.

Great location, friendly staff! Can improve amenities.
    • Maisonette

The rooms are very small; it was the night of my wedding and i checked in to find a small room instead of the "maisonnette" that i booked online. There was only a bed, a tv, a fridge and a bathroom,no water boiler no towels were even ready on the bed. After talking to the staff they were very friendly and directly adapted the price of my booking to a normal room and gave us towels and all.

The staff at Hotel Alexandra were super friendly, you can feel the family vibe and the enthusiasm all the time. The hosts were super helpful and communicative. The hotel is directly facing the beach and surrounded by many restaurants which is very practical.

The beautifull views are surpassed by the kindness of the...
    • Double or Twin Room

The beautifull views are surpassed by the kindness of the team-full of joy of life Tasula, energetic and friedly Ianni and extraordinary presence of Alexandra. The rooms are lovely-simple but enough. Food at the downstairs taverna is exceptional, truly homemade with love! The vicinity of the hotel's own sandy beach comes particularly handy. Skala is a vivid village with all needed at hand, including nice bars and creperias, taxi and ferryboat port, boat renting, and a beautiful orthodox church to visit! Friendly environment for families ( the golf where Skala is located) has very nice waters, no winds). One will definitely feel the spirit of the Greeck islands by having a lovely relaxing time in Agistri.

I would recommend to everyone and hope to return next summer.

I loved everything

They have the best spot on the beach, extra friendly,and they speak English. The prices were excellent and the rooms with balcony, perfect view of the beach.

Perfect hotel in front of the beach and helpful staff
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very clean. The staff is very helpful and they speaks very good English. The location is in front of the beach with free sunbeds for guest and 2 min walk from the Skala jetty (the ferry from Pireaus arrives in skala but the flying dolphin does not)

the restaurant is good
    • Maisonette

The room and the hotel is not as it comes in the photos. the check out needed to be done early and the reception opened at 10. we had to leave so we asked for help but the attention was not good

the restaurant is good

We stayed in Hotel Alexandra for 7 nights and were...
    • Double or Twin Room

We stayed in Hotel Alexandra for 7 nights and were absolutely delighted. The owners are so lovely and the place is quiet and clean. The terrace leads right to the beach with private umbrellas and sunbeds. The pool was lovely and not too busy, rooms were always cleaned. Beautiful place to stay in Skala! Orla and Sean

Short stay in paradise!
    • Double or Twin Room

Time flies too fast! I would like to saty there longer!

This place is the best choice on the whole island! Hotel is just next to the most beautiful sandy beach (the one with the white church with blue roof). Our room was perfectly clean cozy and comfortable, even though we spent most of our time at the sunbeds on the beach. The location is like paradise! We had the best view form balcony ever! The hotel is managed by very nice and open people, they made us feel like home :) Always with smile, care and good tips. There is a restaurant with tasty home greek food so you don't need to go anywhere! We miss our stay already.

super friendly staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

super friendly staff! went here with 3 other people i met at a hostel in athens and this island and hostel was great for relaxing and enjoying the sun, renting a bike cost 4€ for the day so you can cycle the island and enjoy the views.

Our stay at Alexandrawas pleasant and relaxing. The staff responded on a personal level to all needs
    • Double or Twin Room

Food identified on the Menu not always available. (Though I understand that at quieter times it may not be brought in) Sometimes food could be too oily. More fruit variety for breakfast. No facility to make your own coffee/tee in the bedroom.

I liked the beautiful view from the balcony of our bedroom. I loved the Cheese pie....wish I had more time to order it again.Yogurt and honey was a winner! I loved the simplicity of the decor in the Dinner Area. I loved the surroundings and enjoyed the walks.

Lovely beach oasis after the crowded and bustling city of...
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely beach oasis after the crowded and bustling city of Athens. Staff were all kind and friendly and helpful. There were beach chairs & umbrellas for our use. Location is right on the beach which is perfect and easy. Taverna at the hotel is open whenever you wanted - coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner. Spacious room & bathroom. Great view of the coastline! Private pool too.

had a good experience and highly recommend this hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

the owners and the stuff were very nice and attentive. the food was good and the place was very clean and tidy. The location is also great just in front of the beach

It was a fantastic stay, thanks!
    • Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I didn't like.

The hotel is in a great location. There are many food places, coffee shops in the area. The beach is a few steps down from the hotel, literally. The staff were absolutely great! Thank you!

A great budget stay on Agistri.
    • Double or Twin Room

We were without hot water for a day and not really told when it would be back on.

The staff were so friendly and welcoming. A beer on the house on arrival was a great start. The rooms were comfortable and it's a great location. Excellent restaurant and right on the beach.

Friendly atmosphere. Spotlessly clean rooms.
    • Maisonette

The WiFi was weak but the host did all they could to fix.

The host was amazing, perfect location and the maisonette room was just the best choice we could have possibly make.

Perfect view on the port, 5 meters from the beach.
    • Double or Twin Room

Perfect view on the port, 5 meters from the beach. Cosy and clean rooms. Superfriendly host Alexandra and family. Felt absolutely welcome and they patiently helped me with every question and wish I had. Greek hospitality at its very best.

We could not imagine a warmer welcome than the one we...
    • Double or Twin Room

We could not imagine a warmer welcome than the one we received at Alexandra. The room was fabulous with a wonderful view on the see, on the best part of the island. Alexandra and her daughter were the nicest possible host and we had an amazing time there. Thank you!

Hope to come back again :)
    • Double or Twin Room

The pool was dirty so we didn't use it. The shower was small, low water power and one day was cold.

Location was amazing The owner and Yani the waiter were great and kind. Try to give us all we need. Great food and service at the restaurant

Near beaches
    • Maisonette

No wifi as stated in booking, air conditioner not working properly, hotel beach chairs not available as owner had promised, tried to overcharge. We travel to the islands often and this is the worst accommodation we have experienced in years. We will not return.

Near beaches

Really friendly family run hotel, fantastic sea view room...
    • Double or Twin Room

Really friendly family run hotel, fantastic sea view room and balcony, good food served in the taverna downstairs. Brilliant location and lovely island

Very conveniently located, friendly staff and nice views...
    • Double or Twin Room

No washing line to hang up your damp towels and swimsuits after going to the beach.

Very conveniently located, friendly staff and nice views from the balcony.

Fantastic location, fun, friendly staff, and great food !
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel staff, especially, Anathasasia and her mother, were extremely friendly and helpful , always smiling, always with great suggestions. The first room we had did not have a view, but since I was there for five more nights, they transferred me to the best room in the place, room number one. Incredible view, wonderful opportunity to sit outdoors and listen to music in the evening, very well sound-insulated rooms and we hardly heard any next-door neighbors the entire time we were there. Agistri is a hidden treasure,of an island, with very few non-Greeks visiting the island. So I truly enjoyed the opportunity to experience Greeks and Greek culture In a welcoming, clean, friendly place. Great location, walking distance to several beaches and many options for lunches and dinners ! And the three dinners we had at the hotel tavern were delicious! I couldn't recommend this hotel more highly, and I am really a very picky traveler!!

Loved it!
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is next to the port, next to the beach in Skala. We had a sea-view room, it was beautiful, we saw the sunrise from our bed :) It was clean and comfortable room. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Comfortable 2 night stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is at extra cost.

Great location and rooms with a seaview. The island is small and intimate, so practically everything is within walking distance. Friendly, helpful staff. I forgot my ATM card there without realizing it, and the staff kept it for me until I came back to pick up my luggage.

Great place to stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

The wi-fi didn't work all the time in the room, and the room's location right next to the pool was a little awkward.

The staff were super nice and friendly and always ready to help!

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Great stay generous staff

Great stay at Alexandra. There was a ferry strike so we had to shorten our stay but the helpful staff let us stay until 5pm on departure day at no extra cost. That was much appreciated. Would certainly return!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Great location and perfect view from the window of our room!
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff was great and the location was perfect for us. We had trouble when leaving from the port and the lady from the hotel took us to Mylos and we did catch the boat, very nice from her! Hope to come back next year :)

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

I will come back
    • Double or Twin Room

The stairs are a little bit uncomfortable. The WiFi is too weak inside the rooms

I loved the staff kindness, the food quality and the location next to a beautiful beach.

great location and friendly hosts.
    • Double or Twin Room

great location and friendly hosts. Mrs Tasoulla and Yiannis were very hospitable.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Everything was perfect

Everything was perfect

Everything was great.

Wifi

Everything was great.

Sia and Yani are the kindest people I have met

Sia and Yani are the kindest people I have met Amazing hosts

The rooms were very nice and clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were very nice and clean.Hotel Alexandra is 5 steps from the sandy beach of Skala and the staff of the hotel very friendly

Amazing holiday
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing to complain about.

Absolutely everything.

Seven days really relaxing

Internet connection

The location is amazing. The staff superb

If you want to get away from the hords of tourists, Agistri is the place to go!

Food there was just ok.

The staff’s friendliness, the proximity to both the beach and the port, etc.

As expected

WiFi

Nice decoration

Nice
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice view , good location , eat kalamarakia from Alexandra s restauraunt .

Amazing place

Amazing place with greate view. Next to the see, very peacefull. This hotel has the best view in Agistri Island. Very good food on restaurant.

Simple but ideal, a perfect base for Agistri

Wifi a little weak

Ideal location

Great hospitality, very clean rooms and literally a step...
    • Double or Twin Room

Great hospitality, very clean rooms and literally a step from the beach and a short walk to Skala. The food was delicious as well!

Location on waterside and value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel sign only in Greek and very discreet

Location on waterside and value for money

It was great time with great hospitality of the owner. Best place for family with children

super!

Great location and Great Staff.

Great location and Great Staff. Great place to stay!

The wonderful staff🏠.

The wonderful staff🏠.home.

Nice and friendly rooms and personal

I was bite from aphids.

Top area. Beach Access. Nice room. Sea view. Great personal. Flexible in booking and changing.

Once you go you gain from
    • Double or Twin Room

Absolutely perfect welcome. Staff were wonderful

• Double or Twin Room

Everything. Very clean, th beach was wonderfull

Great position.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great position. Comfortable. Great food!!!!

KINDEST STAFF!!

Kindest management! they are so helpful, always smiling!

Very well positioned and clean

Internet not always reliable

Excellent location and staff. Basic room but great value. Very clean.

Short island stay
    • Maisonette

Lovely big bed. Great room that you actually want to spend some time in. Also I had my own balcony which was lovely for a drink in the sun.

Overall a good experience
    • Maisonette

Not so clean and dirty pool

Nice location- breakfast- price -staff

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

the mattress was very comfortable

breakfast is not good

the mattress was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

The lady is really nice and the place just lovely.

The lady is really nice and the place just lovely... We had great time!Our room in front the of the sea was amazing close to amazing restaurants but still very quiet.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Nothing the hotel owners are a bunch of liars who don't...

The hotel owners didn't provide the room I had booked, as shown in the pictures. As an excuse they told me the previous visitors had extended their stay. They ought to inform me before I get in the island. Instead of the promised room they proposed we stay in a hotel nearby. The proposed room was of a much inferior quality and was worst than a 1 star hotel. Alexandra the owner told us that the "alternative" room was renovated and was even better than the room I had booked. I wouldn't recommend this hotel even to my worst enemies. After complaining to booking.com about Alexandra's unacceptable behavior, lies and attitude she agreed to reduce the price by 10 euros lower.

Nothing the hotel owners are a bunch of liars who don't know anything about customer service.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

Everyone was very helpful.

Everyone was very helpful. There was no bus the day we arrived and they very generously came and picked us up from the ferry. Location is brilliant. Food was fab. Very accommodating and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

The location is perfect, it is on the beach!

The food is not the hotel's strongest point. You can have really fresh and well cooked fish in the near fish tavern, i was every day there. The shower is the smallest shower i ever seen. The internet almost never works. Most of the time was in "limited connection" status.

The location is perfect, it is on the beach! The people who own this small hotel are very kind and welcome you warmly.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

Great location , near the port.

The pool was kind of abandoned.Wifi signal was too weak inside the room.

Great location , near the port. Friendly staff and willing to help us in everything we asked for.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

We loved the area, very nice pool.

We had the balcony next to pool and sometimes some childfamilies are screaming nonstop even when you tell them not to.

We loved the area, very nice pool. Helpful and kind staff.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

The people, the location, the island, the weather, the ...

The people, the location, the island, the weather, the sea! Perfect for our needs.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

The service was excellent as well as the rooms and the...

The only problem thay we had was the wifi signal was quite poor.

The service was excellent as well as the rooms and the location.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

The location, the staff

The location, the staff

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

Location super good.

No WiFi in the rooms. Breakfast not worth 7 euros!

Location super good.

There are also 20 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.