Reviews of Alma 2 stars

5.5

5.2

4.7

6.2

Room was not clean Bed was too short Small bathroom with even smaller shower AC is extra charged

Great location Close to metro station Cheap Clean towels and linen View on the Acropol

I didn't like the reception except one . It was very dirty . U can't feel safe and secure . If it's possible avoid it

Location is more or less good but not safe at night . The room is good but very dirty

Reception personel is bearish. He never helps to you any subject. I want to go to this adress can you help me? No. This adress iş near; do you know? No. No no no. Like a bad dream. And elevator wasnt worked. I had to ascend stair for go to 7. Floor.

Only location was good

The neighborhood is dangerous in the night: beggers, prostitutes. In the hotel smells like pee and cigarettes. Staff very rude, the reception old man yells in the night, talks loudly at 1 am and started singing at 6 am, all hotel was awake because if him. He couldn’t care less about his clients. On the site it says room with private bathroom: big lie. You take a pee where you take a shower, you can do both of them at the same time (enclosed photos). Dirty, very dirty. On the site it says the room has aircon. What it doesn’t say is that you have to pay 3euros/day to use it. I don’t recommend this hotel!

Location just 2 min away from Omonia Metro

The air-con costs 3EUR more per day and is not always working. The staff seems to be not always patient.

Almost the best place I can find with this price.

The whole place is a dump. Old, run-down, everything broken. Absolutely stunk of smoke, like somebody had chuffed a few packets of Camel filterless with all the windows closed. Which was weird because there was a beautiful big bay window with a lovely view of an abandoned building, complete with graffiti and smack addicted squatters. Very typically Athens.

Very close to Omonoia

- I don't understand all the negative reviews. It's a great budget hotel. Keyword is budget. If you don't understand the concept I suggest paying more for a different hotel. - Good location, near attractions, transport, and hipster suburb Exarchia. - Room is comfy and gets cleaned and made up everyday

upon arrival my room had been missed cleaning. Still had previous person's bedding and used towels and rubbish in the bin. Upon visiting reception they were extremely apologetic and resolved quickly

It was extremely basic but you get what you paid for. If you just want to crash there only it was OK, but if you want comfort i'd suggest paying a bit more.

The peolple managing and working in the hotel were the most kind and going out of their way to provide all the services, including the ride from and to the airport. The room was very clean and quiet. On top of the great breakfast, there was always available water in bottles to take along, as well as fruit and snacks - all day long. The location is great - close to stores and restaurants. Also, close to a few buses going directly to the city centre, Festival area. Great hotel and a very kind people running it!

We've spent 30minutes chasing down four blood thirsty mosquitos before finally going to sleep - so a mosquito net would be a great addition. Also its a pitty to have such a great terrace and only one chair in the room.

We got a room with three beds on the eight floor with a huge terrace, from which you could glimpse the Acropolis and the Mount Lycabettus. Too bad there was only one chair for three beds :D We have only checked in at 2:30am and had to leave for the plane at 9am - so we really only used it for a sleep over and a shower. Perfect accomodation for this purpose - rather spartan and bit run down, but great price and metro-location for easy airport access. Also, the elevator music was great :)

Tear gas used by the police against the strike participants at night reached through the balcony our room and the eyes were felt irritated and red the next day.

Good price

The bedding was not clean (sheets). There is no luggage room.

Good location, 15-20 minutes walk to Syntagma Square and to Montastraki. Low price. Nice service. 24-hour reception.

The bedding was not clean (sheets).

No aircon Loud noises from the streets Smoking allowed in whole building Wifi doesn’t work Previously stayed at the Elikon hotel next door and it was much better

Nice-ish staff

The location looks like it’s kinda abandoned, you will feel like in a horror movie . Not even if it will be for free I will not stay there. The AC was half discomposed.

The hotel is unregulated, is bad smell, the pictures are old and do not fit into the real situation.. The staff is talking roughly and aggressively .. There was a cigarette smell and urine odor The pictures are taken so that it does not look like a real situation

room, bed, staff, cleaning, neighborhood, pillows, bathroom, building

Any decent human-being can't like a thing about this place. Terrible terrible terrible

It's pretty basic and old-fashioned. It's not that clean and there is always a puddle in the bathroom from the sink. The location near the Omonia square is very central, but not that safe in the evening.

It's not expensive, so it's a great place if you want to save money and have a central place to explore Athens. It's near the metro and all the main tourist spots. They also allowed us to leave our baggage there after the check-in.

Not pleasant desk managers. We booked 4 mo. Ago and he refused to give us a balcony room...sis date were all full...not! We accidentally ordered double food for supper at a restaurant and when I asked the hotel manager if he could possible put the leftovers in the fridge for us to eat the next day, he said we had to let it cool for an hour first (it was already cool) and then when we returned to give it to him, he flatly refused to put it in the fridge.

Location only

The mattress could be deeper.. The view from the window could be "camouflaged" somehow..?

Help to recharge my phone and powerbanks when my Greek/UK converter plug wouldn't work.. Great TV! Huge mirror! Bright, white sheets and towels.. So close to all kinds of shops and transport!

Very rude staff, they weren’t even aware of my reservation. Noisy door openings. The area wasn’t safe.

The bed was really comfy despite the dirty motel feel of this hotel. Nice music on the lift. Allthough the building looks like its falling apart, my room looked clean.

The location was a little run- down, seen better days. The beds were more like pallets; hard thin mattress. Really not an issue if all you need is an inexpensive place to sleep.

Excellent location, close to the Metro. Room had full bathroom with shower. Room & bathroom were clean. Lots of breakfast locations nearby. Great value for the money.

Dangerous neighborhood after dark. Junkies close to the hotel. Dirty inside. But there were no bugs....

Object located in the very center. Everything was near on foot. Low price and great location.

Shady area. Didn't feel safe during the night. During the day is alright though. Lot of noise in the hotel during the night, people screaming; Sheets were a bit dirty, had a big hole.

The only plus is that the hotel is situated close to a metro station

Everything is horrible here. This is the worst place I have ever been in, by far. We booked a room at this place for 3 nights, after the first night we left to stay at a friend's house. We "slept" the first night there because we arrived late (at 11pm) and we couldn't go anywhere. The room is filthy, it looks like it wasn't dusted in months, maybe years. The sheets were washed, but underneath, the mattress is filthy, stained with God knows what. We slept in our street clothes because it was disgusting. The floor is dirty, under the bed there's lots of dust, and to top it off, some blood stains on a bench. I was unable to sleep the whole night because you can hear everything in the hallway, doors smashing and beds squeaking because this is most likely used for...hourly rental. This hotel has no business to be on this platform. Never book here for vacation and avoid Omonia area in general, there's nothing to see here, nothing to be gained or saved by staying there. Absolutely horrible.

Nothing was ok at this place. HORRIBLE

Painting of door from bathroom and windows was falling apart, like years passed by without repair. Cleaning the floor could have been made better. The room filled like a college dorm room from a developing country.

1. They did not accept 100Euro bill while check-in and asked me to go to nearby shops and get it changed to lower denominations. This, I really felt bad because they are part of European union and do not take their own currency of higher denomination. There was no information provided in Booking.com that higher denomination notes will not be taken. 2. There was no heater. I stayed in March which is little cold but had to manage without heater. Something hotel must take care.

Closer to metro station. Cleaning service is good.

People screaming and kicking doors at night Washroom floor and drains out of kilter Have to pay extra to get a little warmth in your room Staff unpleasant

Terrible hotel. No kettle, cups, a very bad weak Wi Fi. Сold for the air conditioning have to pay 3 euros. The service is also bad, There is only one big plus - close to the Acropolis. If one night, you can endure 4

Close to centre

The surrounding area is a bit run down but that is compensated for by its central location and proximity to metro, key locations and numerous facilities. The instructions for finding the hotel are for cars I was told, so don't follow them if you are on foot as you will end up taking a long circular route instead of a very short walk. Those instructions should be altered for pedestrians.

It is not in a very good part of Athens. Most surrounding buildings were empty and vandalised. Was told it is not a very safe place to be for a woman travelling alone!

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was adequate and clean.

Remote control does not work so I have to push the on/off button on the TV places near the ceiling and the TV works sometimes. I didn't spend a lot of time in the room so it did not bother me much.

The room, toilet, sheets are very clean. Water is hot. In a convenient location.

Well, the view is not spectacular...Also, in Omonia Square, after dark, one can see a lot of homeless people preparing to sleep and this might be disturbing.

I think Alma offers a great quality/price ratio. The hotel is very close to Omonia square, where you can take the metro to Syntagma Square or to the Piraeus port, for example. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. There is also a private bathroom with shower. The wi fi signal is pretty good and free.

I feel I was cheated by their ad. nothing was true about this hotel. the location is unsafe during the night specially for women, it was a cheap price but for that hotel and that location it did not worth it and my payment was nonrefundable and since the day one they know about it and they were very rude to me, the first night I noticed that the bed sheet on the bed was not clean, when I asked them to change it the staff told me that they are going to change the bed sheets every 3 days by shouting very impolitely !!! I told them them that then I am going to leave the next day and he was so happy but told me that he was not going to give my my money back. Unfortunately the booking.com customer service was also just apologetic and could not do anything to help me. The view of the hotel is a vacant and ruined building and they Wifi was not working most of the times and I could not arrange my meeting by email! In spite of their Ad. there isn't any telephone in the room to call the reception and asked them to start the Wifi and When I went downstairs and asked for Wifi, I was told that I paid only for room and not for other services!!! Basically, because it was nonrefundable payment, they showed their real side of themselves, I went to Greece for more than a month to volunteer for helping refugees and I stayed in many different cheap hotels without any problems but this hotel does not know any single thing about hospitality industry, I did not feel safe staying there after their reaction towards me. I will never book any place in this way again but thanking God that my trip ended safe.

Nothing, my worst hotel experience ever!

This hotel should be classed as a hostel. Cracked sanitary ware in the bathroom, toilet had never seen bleach, avoid unless absolutely necessary.

It is great for transport links which is why we chose it, however that is the only good aspect.

Booking.com has confirmed no smoking room with city view, private shower and balcony. The room which was proposed me to get stank terribly of cigarette smoke. There was no shower in the room and the view available through the window showed a dirty backyard (the window could not be fully open - it was not a balcony). The receptionist told me that in Greece everyone smokes and that all the rooms stink, but fortunately the argument about lack of shower has resulted in offering of another room. Finally I have got a room that more suited to the booking confirmation (shower, street view, balcony) and also did not stink cigarettes. The view from the window is still not very beautiful, but the hotel itself is not to blame. The environment is what it is.

I had a bed on which I slept for two nights, a bright room lighting and a table on which I could put my laptop. Very good location - close to metro station.

Unbelievable rude and unfriendly staff, promised babybed was not there, aircondition in the top floor did not work but the hotel staff just screamed at us when we mentioned these things!!! For us the worst hotel stay in our life, definetly a DONT GO THERE location!

Nice location

The area is a somewhat seedy. Small cockroaches appeared in the bathroom but you can not get away from them in Greece so you need to accept the fact that you are going to have to live with them.

Yeah, it's a basic room just like everyone has already said. Old linoleum floor, inexpensive mattresses, etc. The personal balcony is nice to have. It is located in a tourist area so plenty of food available. There is an awesome bakery around the corner! Very easily accessible by subway and simple to locate. Subway tickets are 1.40 Euros.

Everything.

This property is an illegal scam, I will be raising the terrible situation I found myself in with a child to the relevant governing bodies.

When booking this hotel people need to be informed that they have to share 1 bathroom with the rest of the rooms on that floor and also that they need to pay extra for air con, etc.

This is not a great place to stay. You need to pay extra per night for air conditioning. There is no bathroom or w/c in the rooms. There is only 1 shared bathroom in the corridor that is for the use of around a dozen rooms. There are no facilities in the rooms at all. No tv or anything to do. The bed sheets were clean and the room itself was not dirty. I originally booked 2 nights stay here but left after 1 night to go to another hotel. If you are on a tight budget then this hotel will do for a night or two but any longer than that and you would go crazy. Location wise it is near enough to the centre.

Terrible experience at all Very aggressive staff Dirty rooms No facilities You pay for the air conditioner Terrible furniture not comfortable at all No iron The rooms is very small

Dirty, wlan always broken! You have to extra fee for air condition! Cleaner open our room at 7am in the morning and wake us up!!!!

Nice location. Subway and restaurants are very close around 100meter.

everything specially the staff how they deal with clients and we have to pay for airconditioning per night and this is not mentioned in their site

I didnt like the staff how they deal with the clients in a bad unmoral way it will be the last time in this hotel and I advice not to book in this hotel. also they mentioned in their websit airconditioning available but actually you have to pay for it per night which they didnt mention this on the booking site

The owner/manager is highly disrespectful and rude. There was no light in the shower room, and no attempt was made to replace it. The water supplied for washing smells like it is contaminated with human urine and faeces. The whole place needs demolishing.

The hotel is close to Omonia metro, but in truth the location did not prove to be an advantage given the general run-down and flaky demeanour of the both the hotel and its staff.

The staff were the furthest thing from chill and friendly, they wouldn't even smile in your face. Very grumpy and cared too much about the money to the extent that there was one day we were sleeping in and they woke us up with very loud banging on the door demanding the money. When we told them one of us had to go to an ATM machine they demanded we go now. Horrible service. The beds were not built well either and there was writings on the walls and graffiti inside the hotel hallways and rooms. Very creepy.

It was relatively cheap, and one of the rooms we booked had a nice neon sign where we could take nice photos.

Everything. Rude receptionist. Tiny hard towels. Only sheets provided no blankets. Dirty. Poor location. Dirty street. No aircon except upon extra fee. Ceiling in bathroom constantly dripped onto our toilet suggesting it came from toilet above us. Disgusting and made toilet and floor wet

Nothing to like. Would not recommend at all

The first night I slept with the windows closed and there was quite a strong smell in the room (something chloriney) that woke me up. But from then on I left the windows open at night and didn't notice it at all. Perhaps a fragranced infuser/room freshener could be added as it also seemed as if the previous occupants had been smokers which was also not particularly nice. Not a big deal given the price.

Nightly price extremely reasonable for single room with private bathroom. Can't understand all the negative reviews, you get what you pay for and having read previous reviews before I went my expectations were exceeded, I'd definitely stay again if travelling on a budget.

Rude staff. It was very hot 40°C and the air conditioner (that they charge extra) was broken. I asked for a fan and they didn't provide anything. They said that there were no rooms available to move us but actually there were some at the internet. There was only one towel and we asked for another one but they couldn't provide as well. Don't expect any service, just a bed to sleep. It was supposed to accept credit card but once again the machine was broken and we had to pay in cash. Dirty bed sheets. Elevator broken.

The place is in a bad state, needs urgent maintenance, the whole place smells like a cigarette all the time, beds are extra small and we found bugs and cockroaches. In summer, take into account that they charge 3 euros/day if you want air conditioner (considering that the temperature in Athens is more than 30 degrees, you must pay for it due to the high temperatures). Social spaces need maintenance (most of the door glasses need replacement) and sofas have holes. The photos of the room and advert do not reflect the reality of the hotel, they are totally missleading.

The hotel is close to a metro station and restaurants.

Extra 3€ for AC, fair enough for the price I guess. Internet did not work too well in our room for me but for for my gf.

Fairly good location and very cheap

I made arrangements well before the arrival time for our luggage to be stored and was told it was not a problem. However, when we arrived early the morning to store our luggage, we were told by a grumpy, rude man at the desk that there was no storage facility. I told him about the arrangement, he was rude and just said there is nowhere to store the luggage. We had to catch a flight, left the hotel and were stuck with our luggage. Outside we met another couple who had the same problem at Alma. A man in the street realised our dilemma and directed us to another hotel - where we were welcomed and they gave us storage for our luggage. Because of this we had a late check-in at the airport and had to pay a fine of E100!! When we came back again, there was another man at reception - this time friendly, at least. When we asked him about storage, he showed us the room that was used for luggage storage, one meter away from the desk! We got our luggage back from the other hotel, just as we left it. Needless to say next time I will book at the hotel who was willing to help us without us having booked a room. The toilet flush did not work properly and the towels were very thin and small.

The room was adequate. The hotel was easy to find and not far from public transport.

A problem not only with this hotel but all over Athens - it is incredibly loud, especially when the street is cleaned at 3 a.m. at night.

Very good value for money, friendly staff

nothing to add to this section

The room we stayed in was basic but clean. It was also quieter than some of the other budget hotels in the same area. Good value for money if on a tight budget.

Pay extra for AC(3 euro yes, but still, who does that?) Not even a glass for water, only 2 small towels , no fridge The furniture was horrible , where it didn't lack. Smells like chlorine , probably used to clean the floors, but otherwise dirty.

It was.. cheap and close to the subway

Public spaces, such as the stairways were pretty worn out and dirty and the staff was not particularly friendly, but everything went down decently. No bigger complaints.

Good location near Omonia metro. Nice and vital part of the city, a short walk to Exarchia's cheap bars and restaurant. Cheap room, not so fancy but at least pretty clean. We even had a balcony with a street view. Air conditioning cost 3 € extra, but it was well worth it. Good value for the money!

The man who checked us in wasn't friendly at all. He was annoyed that we didn't have the exact amount of money with us. He couldn't even give the exact amount of change and we were promised to get that change the next day. But the next day there was someone else behind the desk who didn't know anything about it. Cleanliness: 0/10 gross walls and floor. The hotel doesn't cost a lot but i've seen way better hotels for this price..

Couldnt connect to the wifi. Air conditioning is an extra €3 per night. Beds not very comfortable and quite small.

Very basic, but you get what you pay for. Good location. They didnt mind our awkward arrival/departure times.

Nothing! It's too bad to be a hotel where you pay 30€ per night with no material normal in a hotel room. People with no sympathy. No air conditioner. Rooms dirtys. Too bad to be true.

No street with cars connecting to hotel down passage with loads of graffiti, beggars and over flowing bins. You pay extra for aircon in the room which is fine but it was really really hot and the desk staff really didnt seem to care. Angry at asking for help. And didn't even offer a fan or room change

Cheap accommodation in the heart of Athens, most sites no more than half hour Walk away. Next to metro station pretty much. Nice cafe on the other and few restaurants

Hotel was very very reasonably priced and you get what you pay for - the room was very basic. But it would have been nice if they'd provided glasses (plastic cups even) for water, washing teeth etc.

Location: 2 mins from Omonia Square metro station - we could have gotten there easily by metro from airport had we done some homework. Easy walk to Monisteraki and Plaka restaurant, shopping and hang-out areas, + most important sights and museums. Clean hotel room: nice crisp white cotton sheets and spotless towels in the hotel - terrific chamber-maid service. Also loved that they allowed us to leave a bag in a back room after we'd checked out - our flight was much later that day and would have been a real pain dragging a wheelie suitcase over those pretty cobblestones in 90 degree heat. This allowed us to get good value from our last day so 100% thumbs up and thanks for that.

Rude staff. I forgot my tshirts in there after check out i came back, but the recepcion man send me back with rude words. Tomorrow i went there again and he gave me with bad words.

Great location, good price

You had to pay extra 3 euros per night and you could get the remote controller if you agree to pay for the entire duration. But the gentlemen at the reception agreed to charge on a daily basis. No bath towels.

It was the cheapest on booking.com and the location is very good with the access to Omonia metro station.

They don't like you to pay with card (on account of the bank fees) but this is not stated in advance. There was a homeless man sleeping on a camp bed in the breakfast room. It would shock some travellers.

Good quality toilet paper and (small) towels. Optional aircon is at an extra charge, which is good for those who do not like / use it.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

This is the worst place i've ever stayed in. The owner is very rude, everything I ask he replies "no work", so we don't have air conditioner or tv because they are in the room but "no work". The place is dirty and the toilet smells horrible, plus they only give us hand towels and we couldn't leave our luggage for 3 hours after checkout. The owner never replied my messages in Booking.

The only good thing was the ubication

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The room we stayed in was roach infested, holes were in our sheets, broken or worn out furniture was immediately apparent.

The price was good in comparison to the housing in Athens.

TOILETS BARELY FLUSH GUM ON FLOOR CHILD'S PENCIL DRAWING ALL OVER BATHROOM DOOR AIR CONDITIONING WILL NOT BE TURNED ON UNTIL JULY 1ST THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE AS IT WAS 90F AND NO BREEZE THINGS YOU TAKE FOR GRANTED TURN A VACATION SOUR IMAGINE NO AC? WATER PRESSURE POOR ON 7TH FLOOR IMAGINE 4 MONTHS ADVANCE ALWAYS ASKING FOR CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND THEN OH YOU WANT A DOUBLE BED? OH YOU WANT TO BE TOGETHER AS WE ASKED FOR 2 ROOMS FOR 3 OF US? NO GOOD ENGLISH CHANNELS ON TV! DON'T FORGET THE MOSQUITOES TOTAL BITES 11 YOU WANT THAT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SLEEP WITH THE WINDOWS OPEN BECAUSE THERE IS NO AC DESPITE TOP TEMPS IN JUNE?

GOOD OLD LOCATION IN AREA THAT NEEDS RECOVERY...FRONT DESK OK

It's old hostel and therefore not much clean and without modern equipment. Expect nothing.

The location is great. You can walk to major sites in less than 30 minutes.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Noisy because of screams during the night... particular atmospher here !!! bad quality equipments moreover... is it a sleazy hôtel ?

Nothing... staff really unsympathic and rooms not comfortable at all

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The area is not safe at all, don't go outside after 10 pm. The street was very loud even at 3am.. and I heard very strange noises from the corridor the whole night. The window was so bad that even if I closed it, I could smell the cigarette smoke from the street level.. The room was very dirty, they didn't even bother to clean up the previous guest's hair from the floor. Very old and smelly furniture. The bathroom was a joke, the shower area was a small corner of 60x60cm. I am 55 kg and even I had a hard time showering there... Toilet dirty as well There was an airconditioner in the room but it was up like 2 meters and I couldn't switch it on, no remote control.

The staff was helpful

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The location wasn't so good, the security at Omonia Square is not that good. Very basic circumstances. At night didn't feel safe walking to the hotel.

Nice staff, clean rooms.

The housewoman is coming and open your door even if you don't want and try to throw you outside. She is even smoking inside the bedroom, it's all the time slemming bad. On our 1st room we got dirty towels. Nodoby speaks english. Not a good welcome. We changed room it was better but everything looks dirty. Doors are brocken, the curtains of the shower is to short so you wet everything. People are screaming in the street the night and also the morning This hotel should not be booked anymore! Everything was desgusting. I can understand that they do not refund you if you cancel, otherwise they would be already close !!!!!! NEVER AGAIN

Sketchy and shady neighborhood. Staffs charged me with credit card on Booking and at the reception! Be aware and take a step back when you're looking to book this one.

Ummm... Sorry I thought I could come up with sth. Turned out I can't.

Booking.com must remove this hotel from its list immediatelly. I cannot find any words to explain my feeling how Alma is the worst place all over the world.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

There was no wifii as it was mentioned. Not clean, no hospitality . The air condition was off as he said it will be working only from june . It only deserves 5 € not 30 !!