Reviews of Argo Hotel Piraeus 2 stars

23-25 Notara str., Piraeus, 185-31, Greece

#31 of 54 hotels in Piraeus

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

clean and comfortable hotel near the ferries however it is slightly overpriced.
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

The lift (elevator) was so small. We put our luggage on the lift then hit the floor we wanted and then ran up the stairs to meet the lift with our luggage (for 4 people). We could not fit in the lift with our luggage and the there are stairs to the lift so you have to carry your bags up two small staircases. They should have a ramp.

It was a clean room that was recently remodeled. They pulled the couch out and it made two beds for my children. The AC worked well and we were comfortable in the room. This hotel was the most expensive out of all the hotels we have stayed at in Greece. It was too much money but it was all we could find last minute. The cheaper hotels had horrible reviews so we stayed clear. It was an easier 7 -10 minute walk in the morning to catch the ferry.

One night in Pireaus
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

The staff was not very friendly.I called the reception for room service.Wanted to order some food at 11 pm and they gave me the menu for pizza hut to order by myself if i wanted to eat because they said they were busy at the reception even though no other guest was there and the girl who brought me wine before was already off duty.The next day i when i came down confirm my late check out they made me pay extra 20 euro for it being rude about it also.No view what so ever from the room and the balcony was dirty amd had some things from the previos workers still there.In front of my door was a rag from the night before and even though the housekeeping passed 2 times from there nobody picked it up

Stayed in the Family Suite.The room itself was very clean and spacious.It was a good room for a passing one night stay

A short stay hotel.

Area in which hotel is, was not quiet. You could also hear noise from rooms as they were not sound proof for e.g. when they took shower or etc. not for family.

Location is good if you want to catch a ferry early morning. Reception staff were good and welcoming. Few mins wall to Metro station. Only for short stay. It was budget in many sense.

Excellent value for money, great location. Recommended.

The 6th floor room was a little tired in the bathroom area and no view..but overall I have no complaints and would definitely go back again.

Very close to Dimotiko stop for the airport bus arriving from the airport. Great staff, very clean and safe, very close to port for transfers to boats.

Great lay over Hotel

Noisy neighbours.

It is close to port and value for money. Considering the amount paid it is a decent hotel for a lay over. Would recommend to anyone who needs a Hotel to stay overnight. Hotel offer good breakfast and port transfer as well for a minor additional cost.

Good location for your ferry transfer

I think some of the floors were smoking, I wish I had booked a non smoking room/floor as I’m not a smoker myself and do not enjoy the smell.

I made a last minute booking at Argo because my flight was delayed and I missed my ferry from Athens. My room had a TV, wardrobe etc all the essentials. The host was very helpful and explained the ferries which made my journey to the port a lot easier in the morning. It’s a good pit stop on your way to another destination.

Clean modern rooms, close to the ferries.

No problem at all. But I understand some find the small streets in pireus a little bit strange at night.

Clean, modern room. Express check in, 3 men worked hard to get all people arriving at same time from ferry.

À very nice staff !

À very nice staff ! I arrived very late in thé night. I was given a breakfast after normal time. Thank you again ! I recommand this hôtel for your holidays. It takes 10 minuyes to get the harbour for Cycladic islands.

Okay-ish standard for a stopover for Santorini.

-The room is not sound proof. I can hear the next door chatting. -Staff chased us to take the shuttle bus to port like crazy in the morning. Although it is becoz the traffic can be quite bad in the morning. - The breakfast range is quite limited. Omelette is not so tasty as it has mixed with quite a lot of flour. 8 euro for that kind of breakfast is not worthy.

The room is spacious.

Staff went out of their way to be helpful.

Other guests making unnecessary noise when leaving very early in the morning.

Staff went out of their way to be helpful. I accepted their offer to book me a taxi from airport to hotel which was perfect. Even though my flight was delayed by over an hour the driver was waiting exactly where they said and the price was very good value.

Last minute booking all very efficient clean nice rooms and...

View is nothing to shout about but not what you need there

Last minute booking all very efficient clean nice rooms and the staff were brilliant and calm in midst of extended family chaos of a missed connection at the port.

Nice and good value

The noise from the hall was not fun. The shower is very small (but typical for Europe).

The location was pretty good for what we needed (close to early morning ferry). The room was very clean and bed was comfortable (I like a hard bed).

Overall good value for money family run hotel.

The pillows were both times we stayed very hard. Need to purchase better quality pillows for a better quality sleep.

My room this time have a lovely spacious balcony.

Great location for the ferry we were catching early the...

Great location for the ferry we were catching early the following morning. Great shuttle service getting us there early. Walking distance from everywhere we needed to see. Is a port city.

Nice hotel.
    • Economy Double Room

Nice hotel. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Balcony in the room. For 8 euros you can have a breakfast and to get a free shuttle bus to Piraeus port. Or just a bus for 3 eur.

Is a good location just if you need to be close to the port

Very uncomfortable bed. Noisy and old rooms. There is not a blanket on the room. Just a very rough sheet.

Is a good location just if you need to be close to the port

Great location, very clean and comfortable.

My window overlooked the hotel sign, which was bright, and the curtain was not enough to keep the room dark when I wanted to sleep. Would still happily return to the hotel anytime.

very comfy bed, very good location for my purposes.

Very close to Piraeus train station and port.

The lift is so tiny, I’m not kidding- you fit one person and a luggage in- that’s all it fits, furthermore there is a lift, yes, but to get to the lifts there are steps, so get ready for some lifting.

Very close to Piraeus train station and port. Literally walking distance. The room was alright. It did have a balcony but honestly there wasn’t a view, but nice to have it.

Ok for a night stay. Location perfect.
    • Economy Double Room

A) Hotel was not same as shown in the pictures. B) Maintainence was a issue. Main door was faulty and it could not be locked completely.

Location was good. Ok for a night stay. Especially if you are planning to roam all day and come only for sleep in the night. Staff was excellent and friendly. No complaints regarding the staff. Very helpful.

Loved it.

Staying in a double bed room the bed positions made it hard to move around the room.

The staff made this place over the top amazing. They were so friendly and helpful. They helped book cars from the airport and gave directions and taverna recommendations. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Arrived off a late boat, good welcome, comfortable clean room, morning in Piraeus before pm flight

For our stay, nothing.

I for Piraeus and catching the ferries. Piraeus itself is hugely underrated, with several amazing attractions. The team at this hotel always make you very welcome

ON the whole, satisfied

TV really needs to be bigger!!....please they are not expensive nowadays.

I do visit Piraeus quite often for combines work and leisure., certainly for those who need to take an early ferry boat, it is wise to stay an overnight in this part of town. It was my first time in this hotel and I opted without breakfast but, there is a good coffee shop in the corner and a bakery down the road which gives this hotel a plus for location; besides it's not far from the main road. Most rooms in this hotel are not very big but most of them are compensated with a spacious balcony...needed for smokers. I had booked a superior double room which was much less than expected BUT, one also gets what he pays for and over all since the price was really low and I spend most of the time out I would not complain. The Hotel staff is helpful and nice, the room is clean and comfortable.

Great location, very clean and comfortable.

The decor was a bit scruffy, which detracted from a very comfortable room with a balcony and a very good bathroom.

On 5th floor I heard no traffic noise.

Convenient and clean hotel near to the ferry port with helpful staff.

Nice clean room with very helpful check in at 2am. Excellent directions to find the hotel and quick response to emails while I was travelling to the property.

Good location but very bad soundproofing in the rooms!
    • Economy Double Room

The mattress was very hard and not comfortable at all! People traveling and stopping for 1-2 nights need a proper sleep and this doesn’t help. As well as soundproofing of the rooms was very bad! We could hear everything from next door room and people talking from early hours in the morning! Cleaning staff after started cleaning the rooms again very early and you could hear every move of them! On the top of it you could listen to very noisy air conditioning unit all night long!

Close to to the port and easy acces by public bus!

Our stay was a transit stopover to catch a ferry so it served its purpose but I would only stay ther
    • Economy Double Room

Room was too small. Only one restaurant within easy distance and ut was limited. Breakfast was poor. Hotel located in very busy part of town and difficult to find and access.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean.

Fine for one night near the port ... had a good night’s sleep!

8 euros for a ‘plastic’ breakfast, not worth it.

The room I had was quite small, but very clean, the bed was very comfortable, location was good - walking distance to the port, still felt safe at night, area was quiet .... wouldn’t bother with 8 Euro breakfast next time.

Good value for money

Bathroom was very compact, but you learn to keep your elbows in,

It was very good value for money for the price paid. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff at the reception desk were extremely helpful and gave good suggestions. The breakfast is simple but has all the basics. The 8 Euros is not a bad price since you get a ride down to the ferry port included. That is cheaper than having breakfast on the ferry. There isn't a laundry service in the hotel but there is a laundromat five minutes walk down the street that can wash, dry and fold a bag of clothing within a few hours for Eur 6.

De passage…

La salle de bains, bien que moderne, est vraiment trop petite. The bathroom, although modern, is really too small.

La terrasse de la chambre au 4eme étage. La proximité du port (environ 10 minutes à pieds). The terrace of the room on the 4th floor. Proximity of the port (at approximately 10 minutes with feet).

Very nice place & staff

The staff was very nice and helpful and also free transfer to the port next morning if you had breakfast included. The room was spacious and nice with a big balcony. Perfect place if you should stay some days in Athens or like me just transfer from the airport and next day by ferry to the islands. I will for sure stay next time I pass Pireaus.

Close proximity to port.
    • Economy Double Room

Very small. Area not great. Good for getting to the ferry

Close proximity to port. No more than 1 night stay. Functional for the purpose but wouldn't stay any longer

We needed a hotel close to the port for an early departure...
    • Economy Double Room

We needed a hotel close to the port for an early departure on the following day. Clean room, very kind staff and a 10-15 minute walk to the port - we didn't need more than this!

Very kind and helpful staff and manager overcame an awkward situation.

When I arrived, the hotel had no record of my reservation, even though I had a confirmed reservation number from Booking.com. The hotel was able to lodge me but I had to pay the hotel directly, even though I said I had already paid for the room. Very strange as twelve days earlier I had stayed there and everything worked smoothly. The manager asked me to check my bank to see whether a payment had been made, and if it had, he promised to refund me. The manager was correct. My card had only been charged for the first stay, and not the second. Both reservations had been made at the same time through Booking.com using my AmEx card. Hope Booking.com works out this glitch.

Bad experience

We reserved a room with one bed and they put us with too separate beds. The room was very small and smell really bad. The sond isolation is horrible, you can ear everything in the other rooms.

Perfect 1 night stay
    • Economy Double Room

Room size is acceptable for a 1 night stay, but would not have felt very comfortable for longer stays, as room is extra small. Bathroom has a weird door - semitransparent glass, that does not close very well. Balcony has a horrible view.

Our room was cute and very clean. All facilities new - it seems everything was recently renovated. AC worked perfectly. Bathroom small but sparkling clean. Room even had a French balcony, good for smokers. Very quiet at night, had a good night sleep. Breakfast was also a big plus: enough food and options, good deal for 7 E/p. Location of the hotel is OK, 10 min walk from the port, but you have to climb a hill to get there, so that was not very fun coming at midnight with big luggage after a long ferry ride. But the area seemed safe for walking at that late hour, 10 times safer that the area in Omonia where we stayed at arrival in Athens. No problem checking in late at midnight. Staff was extra nice and polite. They have timetables for airport buss at the reception. The bus station for the airport is also 10 min walk from the hotel (right at the port Gate E7) and the bus station from the airport is just across the hotel. Wi-Fi worked great. Overall, best choice for a 1 night stay, when transferring to and from ferries for the islands. Great price also! Extra cheap for what it offers, best value for money in the area!

Tourist trap. Looks nothing like photos.

Rooms look nothing like the photos. Photos show new renovated rooms, but the rooms are dated and old. Bathroom is old and smells of urine. When we let the manager know of this, he was rude and failed to understand our issue. We did not request another room or refund, we just wanted to let them know, yet the manager was not apologetic not acknowledged the issue. Would not recommend this Hotel.

Room was clean

Not as advertised in photos
    • Economy Double Room

The pictures were very deceiving. I honestly don't know how this place has a rating of 7.7. It is dingy and outdated. The bathroom was horrible and not as pictured in the photos. The bed was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on. You could feel every spring against your back and the pillows were like rocks. And the elevator fits one person with a bag of luggage. It is more of a freight elevator than one for people.

Great Hotel

The shower is small and pours water all over the ceramic floor, which could potentially be dangerous

The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean.

Average
    • Economy Double Room

The room as well as the bathroom did not seem to be very clean. I will not recommended this to someone who plans to stay for more than a night.

Staff were very friendly and the location was very good as it was close to the port. It was very cheap and worked out for as as we were there only for a night.

Good base for exploring Athens and the islands.

The hotel took a bit of finding from the ferry port. We stayed 2 nights

The bed was comfortable and the room was nice and clean. The hotel was good value and worked well as a base for exploring Athens. It was also close to the bus stop for the airport bus. Note the bus takes over an hour to get to the airport.

Nice place to stay before ferry

Bed and pillow were not very comfortable, but we've stayed for only one night so it was not a big problem for us A bit noisy at night

Close to the bus stop x96 from the airport, close enough to the port (5 min). Hotel can book/deliver ferry tickets on your arrival at the hotel, but we didn't use this opportunity. Good quality/price ratio

God deal, close to Piraeus Port

No breakfast included in the room price, the smallest shower cabin I've ever seen.

Good location in Piraeus (close to Piraeus Port and Piraeus metro station - 10 min. walk), walking distance from the bus station X96 (Athens Airport - Piraeus Port), ideal for overnight stay to catch the ferry in the morning.

great accommodation near piraeus port

it was a great hotel for transit. it is near the piraeus port, like walking distance. the staff was great, they helped us with the ferry ticktes. the taxi they sent for us at the airport was a super deal, comparing to others.

Nice hotel

Breakfast poor

The staff is very helpful ,clean comfortable room.i stayed with 3 kids in the triple room-it was big enough ,for 2 stars is good hotel!!!thanks

unhelpful when needed

We took the shuttle to the port, because if you have breakfast there, they offer free shuttle. I managed to accidentally leave my phone on that shuttle, although my fault, i had to call back 3 times to see if they can check the van, or call the driver to see if they found my phone they were extremely unhelpful. I called, and the girl at reception said to call tonight because the manager isn't in, i called that night he said call tomorrow morning when the van comes. A day and a half went by before they could EVEN help! They could've just called the driver straight away to ask!!

Great value near the port

The neighbors were very noisy and there was little if any soundproofing.

I liked having an ensuite bathroom. Everything was tiny but functional. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Good hotel for stop over in Piraeus

The wifi was weak in the room.

The location was easy to find from Piraeus metro following the guidance in the discription. The staff was helpful. The breakfast was good - it is paid additionally, and then you are also offered a transfer to the ferry - which was very helpful at such early hour (in principle the port is in walking distance). Room was basic and clean

Great stay near Port

Affordable rooms close to Port for ferries to the Greek Islands. Staff were eager to help arrange our transport from the airport and transfer to the port the following morning to make our ferry departure time. They provide an a great breakfast for a very good price!

Was in a perfect location to go down to the port, just a...

Very basic accomodation.

Was in a perfect location to go down to the port, just a short walk away. The hotel provides a shuttle included in the cost of breakfast. We walked cause we didn't have much baggage.

Great one night stay
    • Economy Double Room

Can't keep the balcony door open while raining because the water will splash in.

We got to the hotel from the airport by X96 Bus. We used the phone's GPS to get down at the right station. The hotel manager was extremely helpful: he helped us with directions, booked ferryboat tickets and even drove us to the ferry the next day because it was raining. He speaks very good English. The rooms were basic but clean. Overall a great value for money. Good breakfast.

Good location but falls short in other areas

There was a bad smell of cigarette smoke in my room and could be smelled off the sheets. However the other rooms were fine. Also the air conditioning wasn't working for a while for whatever reason

Location was great for anyone who is getting a ferry rom the port. We were going to ios and its only an easy 10 min walk to the port. I know there was an offer for breakfast and a lift to the port for 8euro but if you don't actually want food its an easy walk

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Fine for one night, very basic

Bathroom was very small, especially the shower. No real closing door between the bathroom and the bedroom. No shower gel or shampoo available, only hand liquid soap. We had a terrible night of sleep woken up at 5 am by construction, there was no difference between closing or leaving the window open. The remote control for the TV was not working properly and the bulb of one of the bed lights was out as well.

Easy to reach from the airport, super convenient to get on your boat from Piraeus the next day; parking right next to the hotel. Amazing restaurant down the street called Refene, simple home-made food and great staff! Yani at the reception was really nice and super helpful. Air conditioning

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Good in the pictures mediocre in real life.

Front office bored, kind of snappy for a check-in at 14.30. I would of understood if we were there at 12 or 01 in the morning. There are actually 2 hotels at the property, Argo and Anita i think. Kind of confusing to find. Small bathroom. Shower curtain replacing a broken slider. Water pressure medium to bad (the room was at the 4th floor) One wall socket in all the room. Not normal. Sheets were dirty with something, too tired to investigate.

Good size room. Decent cleaning of the room. Central ventilation in room.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Fantastic place at an affordable price!

I liked EVERYTHING about my stay.

Awesome staff, excellent provided instructions for how to get there from the airport in the middle of the night, impeccably clean and eye-pleasing facilities, great location. low price. THANK YOU!!!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The staff when we checked in was very helpful.
    • Economy Double Room

Good when on budget trip.

The staff when we checked in was very helpful. Good for short stay and to stay at place near to Piraeus to catch a morning ferry and it was a good location to do so. The breakfast was good. Since we choose breakfast we got free transfer to ferry terminal.

A good sleep over bedroom near to the port
    • Economy Double Room

Did not send right to the gate of the port but have to take another transport. The drop off should be complimentary instead of charged with breakfast.

Breakfast and transport to the port the next day early morning.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Close to the metro station and the port, within 10 mins walk.

When we went out, the reception staff asked us to leave the key at the reception. We told the staff that we don't need to make the room. When we went back at night, the room was not make, but we are sure that someone had go into our room. The door of the wardrobe was opened, and some stuff we put on the floor has been picked up and put on the bed. I am very disappointed about it.

Close to the metro station and the port, within 10 mins walk.

Staff were very friendly and helped us out with our stay...

Very basic. Small room.

Staff were very friendly and helped us out with our stay after our flight was cancelled & had to seek alternative transport & accommodation at the last minute! Breakfast was great and with private transfer to the ferry included in the price.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

clean modern room

front rooms on first floor noisy Asked for quiet room when booking but got front first floor room facing main road. I mentioned this to the receptionist and when I returned a week later my room was on the second floor - slightly less noisy.

clean modern room

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Rude staff

A lot of the staff were rude. When I arrived I was given a key to a filthy room. I asked for compensation for the inconvenience of having to wait for the room to be cleanef, the receptionist suggested a free drive to the ferry but when I tried to arrange it the manager refused. The staff at reception were rude to me several times during my stay.

The old man working the receptionist in the morning is nice and polite.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

An excellent place to stay unless you need luxury

Showerhead would not stay in holder so was difficult to shower! Breakfast could have been better.

It was spotlessly clean. Staff were excellent and everything I asked for was catered for.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Excellent value for money!

Bathroom could have been better. Bed is bit small for 2 persons

Excellent location All the staffs are excellent, very helpful Free parking Value for money

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Friendly staff, 24hr front desk, comfortable bed
    • Economy Double Room

The breakfast selection was plentiful but of average quality. Packaged ham, cheese, biscuits, etc. I had informed the hotel that I had a problem with gluten, in the extra information box when booking, but there were no gluten-free options available except cornflakes and dubious looking egg. The juice was a bit 'spritzig', I thought it might have turned so didn't want to risk it. Overall a disappointment, but worth booking because of the included transport to the ferry.

I had made a mistake with my booking dates and arrived a day early. The lady at the desk was very accommodating, and found me a room for two nights on the spot. And I discovered Piraeus on that extra day - so a happy error. Breakfast is €8, and includes transport to the ferry terminal - much too far to walk with a suitcase. The driver got me there in plenty of time, in spite of very heavy traffic. Well worth it!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

I would go again.

Typical Greek breakfast ie. no coffee, nothing ready etc.. I found this all over Greece in winter though.

Room comfy and ok. VERY long walk from the section of port I arrived.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Alright for a short stay

Bathroom was really old and the showerhead could have been cleaner

The staff was very friendly and helpful even when I arrived in the middle of the night. It´s not far away from the ferrydocks so it´s a good place to stay, if you arrive late at Piräus. I didn´t try the breakfastzbut it looked great.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Thank you.

I stayed 5 night separately with my problem. There was my base camp in greece tour. They try to help my problem. Specially, you can meet a nice gentle man in middle ages with comfortable and big smile at night time. It was very cheerful.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Cheap hotel.
    • Economy Double Room

No shuttle to port. You call your own cab and they park on empty lot beside the building since street is very narrow. I would pay a few dollars more for a better hotel in the area.

Price is cheap but you get what you pay for. Room was small, bed small, balcony was big, bathroom small but shower is tiny and I'm of medium built.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Perfect for ferry port

This hotel is perfect for one night stay to or from ferry. Staff are friendly , rooms are clean, and I had a lift to the early ferry after a satisfactory breakfast, would stay again. As a solo female traveller I felt very comfortable there.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Best location and walking distance to ferries!

Best little hotel in Piraeus with gentle and welcoming staff!Perfect if you have to take a ferry because is walking distance from the gates and also metro station.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Convenient and value for money
    • Economy Double Room

Small lift, just big enough for two.

Very friendly reception who were expecting us so check in was short. We were in our room within 10 mins of arrival.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

The water in the bathroom was not hot enough for me but it was ok in the summer.

The room was clean and the bed was comfy. The location is really good.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Nice hotel and convenient to Piraeus port
    • Economy Double Room

The staff were friendly and helpful. They assisted us when we forgot an item in our room and sent it to us as soon as possible as per our request. It was close to transport into the city centre and Acropolis, which served us well for the night. For one night it was perfect as we needed to catch the first ferry out of Piraeus the next morning. The transfer to the port was included if we paid for breakfast, which was fair.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Not worth the kther
    • Economy Double Room

Shady hotel in shady neighborhood. The rooms looked like nothing in the pictures. Nothing was clean and there were cobwebs everywhere. Room very small and bathroom even smaller. The airconditioning is automatically regulated by the reception. The Anita side looked better than the Argo side.

10 mins from the port.

Staff were amazing!

Staff were amazing!!! They let me check in at 9am! (I had an overnight flight and hadn’t slept for two days)

Close to the Port & there’s a shuttle to the various...

Close to the Port & there’s a shuttle to the various ferry gates

Browse Argo Hotel Piraeus traveller photo gallery