Reviews of Annita's Village Hotel 3 stars

Main Street, Agia Anna Naxos, 84300, Greece

#47 of 53 hotels in Agia Anna Naxos

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

I arrived relatively late (around 11pm).
    • Double Studio

I arrived relatively late (around 11pm). I had informed the reception and I was welcomed warmly by Annita, a lovely host with many talents. Great and spacious room, I felt immediately that I could relax. The hotel is just about 10 minutes' walk from a free beach, which I loved. Well connected to the harbour by bus if you're arriving by ferry. It's about 40 min drive. I enjoyed every minute of it!

Very good stay.
    • Double Studio

The only problem we had was a day when a tour with a big number of people had to leave all together in the morning and the breakfast area was completely not accessible; we had to wait they leaves and all returned in a good way.

This is the type of place I would like to find every time I travel, the people are friendly , the structure is well maintained, it has all the facilities you could need (the pool, the air conditioning, the breakfast,...) and the price is really affordable.

Great location, very well maintained and nice place.
    • Apartment (4 Adults)

The kitchen has the bare minimum, a few mandatory items should be made available (microwave, more pans, etc.).

Very clean and well maintained. Very nice host that met all our demands. They show great pride in keeping a high standard property. Nest to a mini-market and close to Agia Anna beach (restaurants, bars, shops). We had a great time, thank you.

The room was fine.
    • Apartment (4 Adults)

I think Annita’s rule on can’t take towels to beach and only have em at pool are silly but I can only assume previous experiences with irresponsible guests is her reasoning. I took them anyway (and returned them).

The room was fine. A little aged but not worn or battered. Pool was awesome. WiFi not good at all. I was a bit hesitant because I read poor reviews surrounding Annita’s attitude but she was very pleasant. Special thanks to Irini who was super sweet and went out of her way to ensure our needs were met. She is a gem!! I definitely would stay again. The walk even to the next village is not bad at all. I loved the location and tranquillity.

We been able to change our room for bigger with no time and...
    • Double Studio

It is not great choice for young children. Hotel did not had chairs for children no tab can be as well a issue but you can work around it and is no walkway for pedestrians to get to a restaurant and stores are what can be dangerous if you have baby

We been able to change our room for bigger with no time and small price different. Rooms and facilities are amazing for a price.

Awseome
    • Double Studio

No restaurant on site but plenty within walking distance

The pool is lovely and the staff great. We have extended our stay here we have enjoyed ut and the area so much.

The property itself was great!

The hospitality, or total lack thereof, was terrible. I never felt welcome. I stayed there with my husband, stepson, and six other friends and their children (3 other families in 3 other rooms), and we all felt Annita treated us like she was doing us a favor (at best), or with open hostility (at worst). She made our stay unpleasant and uncomfortable, which is such a shame; Greece has always been so hospitable, kind, warm, and welcoming, that encountering someone as cold and dismissive as Annita left a very negative impression. Also to note: the wifi connection was poor; it didn't work in the rooms and was inconsistent in the lobby and dining areas.

The property itself was great! Well located, clean, spacious, comfortable, charming, and the pool and dining area were very nice.

Too bad the owner of this hotel turned us off from this vacation.

This was a last minute booking on my part...and let me say, you get what you pay for- for a last minute booking! The place over-all was ok. Nothing special. The one thing that turned us totally off to this hotel all together was the owner. She is rude and has the attitude of, "Too bad..like it or leave it." If I was not traveling with my three children I would have totally left that place and not stayed one minute there. What she forgets is that it is HER country that is in an economic crisis. She should savor the business she gets. Our reservation CLEARLY stated 2 adults and 3 children for a certain price. Upon our arrival she told me she was unaware there were 5 people...and shows me the paper that clearly states 5 people. I mean, what??? Not sure if this is the hotels issue, or bookings...but that is not cool to charge an extra $100 for absolutely NOTHING. We did not receive any other bedding, pillows, or towels. In fact, the towels that I left on the floor assuming they would be changed were just dusted off and hung up by the cleaning lady. I know this because there were clear dirty marks on them. GROSS!! The walk to the beach could be a dangerous one with little kids, so you must rent a car. Not a hop, skip, and a jump away as they lead you to believe. The breakfast and pool were ok. Nothing fabulous, but again you get what you pay for. Last but not least, they should NOT post that they offer free wifi. This was one of the reason we chose to stay there instead of another hotel. The wifi DOES NOT work. When we spoke to the owner about this, she brushed us off stating that it is an island and she can't control it. Wifi worked pretty much everywhere else EXCEPT there so the island excuse is not a good one.

A good base in Agia Anna to visit Naxos
    • Double Studio

The view was not sensational: we faced a concrete wall on a building in construction.

The unpretentious qualities to the place - a good base to visit Naxos, great gardens and swimming pool, basic but comfortable room. Up the road from Agia Aanna beach which is has to be one of the most charming spot on the island. Some of the taverna have tables and chairs on the beach in the evening so you can have diner with your feet in the sand.

Beautiful hotel.

Bit of a walk to beach and restaurants etc.but not too far

Beautiful hotel...very clean...very spacious room

It was really lovely.
    • Double Studio

Everything was easy and comfortable and everyone so friendly and kind.

Breakfast not assorted

Breakfast not assorted

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

The room was spacious and comfortable with good facilities...

The hotel is a few hundred yards from the beach up a fairly busy road.

The room was spacious and comfortable with good facilities well thought out and designed. The balcony was quite large and had a sea view. The air conditioning was efficient and above all was silent. The pool was lovely and well maintained and the pool side furniture was of good quality. The area is very quiet and sleep quality was good. The staff were very friendly, the breakfasts were varied and informal mostly eaten by the pool. All in all it is a good value hotel, particularly in September when the rates are reduced and we would certainly return.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

A very nice family run complex with all the facilities pool,...

Because it was well organised very clean with friendly staff and in the best location with best views from our balconies to the pool and tother nearest beach of St, Anna!!!!

A very nice family run complex with all the facilities pool, relaxers, self catering facilities, WiFi very clean and in the best location for easy walking to the beach and transport links to Hora of Naxos.!!!

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

The rooms are big and comfortable.

The service is limited and the owner is not very friendly. The pool is nice (not very big). There are a limited number of beds but most people go to the beach during daytime. Breakfast is okay but not special.

The rooms are big and comfortable. It's around a five minutes walk to the beach of Aglia Anna. The beaches of Aglia Anna and Agios Propopios are very busy and rather small. Try from Aglia Anna to the left direction Plaka. It's much nicer and more quite / unique. We rented a car and went to the East Coast. There is really nothing to do. Hardly any beaches and very small not interesting villages. We came from Paros which was nicer compared to Naxos.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

Pool area was nice and breakfast was good too.

We booked a double room and got a twin. On arrival in Agia Anna we had a very difficult time locating the property as there were no signs and the locals didn't know where it was located either. Wifi did not work almost at all in the room. We found it difficult to communicate with the staff as most of them have very poor English.

Pool area was nice and breakfast was good too. Despite not speaking English well, the staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

The sandy beaches ,Annita.

The sandy beaches ,Annita.s village hotel,

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Comfortable and clean studio with a fully equiped kitchen

bed comfort

Comfortable and clean studio with a fully equiped kitchen

• Reviewed: 18 July 2015

The longest 300 metres (from the beach) so far

The longest 300 metres (from the beach) so far

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

The shower was a little questionable

Location. Cleanliness. Friendliness

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

The staff were excellent ,Annita herself was so kind and...

The staff were excellent ,Annita herself was so kind and helpful,the breakfasts just the best .

There are also 6 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.