Reviews of Astor Hotel 4 stars

16,Karageorgi Servias, Athens, 10562, Greece

#194 of 295 hotels in Athens

Great location, but that's all
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

- the hotel is in need of refurbishment, broken mirror, holes in the walls,... - rather basic breakfast (fruit salad from the can) - court view meant no view but a wall

- excellent location at walking distance from main attractions - nice staff

I will come back again next time

I came with my family (three kids..) From the begining the staff was wonderfull and helped with any qustion i had Recommended about restaurant and places to visit. Amenities were excellent and location is just perfect.

The location and roof top view is the only good thing
    • Classic Double Room

Very disappointed with the cleanliness and the comfort! The room smelled like mosquito repellent spray and the bed mattress almost got me a back disc! You could feel each and every wire of the mattress Also, the photos showed an amazing view from the room while we had a terrible view of an old building wall

The location and roof top view is the only good thing

Lovely hotel in a fabulous holiday resort.
    • Classic Double Room

Claudia, the owner was exceptionally helpful. She booked a cruise on the Corinth canal for us which was very good value and advised us about taxis and prices we should pay. She was helpful with buses to places we wanted to go. We couldn’t have asked for a more helpful and kind lady.

Front staff went out of there way to assist with bags, taxi...

Rooms were very tired looking and the beds were hard.

Front staff went out of there way to assist with bags, taxi requests and suggestions on places to visit. Hotel is ideally situated in the Plakka area. View of the Pathenon from restaurant was fantastic.

Location is the best u can get
    • Classic Single Room - Internal View

The WiFi is so bad The rooms are old and rusty Toilet are old No iron provided by hotel Requested a room service but never happened..

Location is the best u can get Air conditioning in room Staff

The best: location
    • Classic Single Room - Internal View

The rooms really need to be refurbished...and sky is the limit..

Nice stay.. Breakfast is quite good, buffet style.. breakfast view is amazing Location is perfect... hard to be more close to central.

Hotel Astor
    • Classic Twin Room

The location was perfect for nightlife and shopping. The lady at the cafe made awesome latte and very nice and friendly . The roof top deck and the view of the acropolis were amazing . The breakfast had good variety. All and all very pleased

A great easy to find central hotel to a high standard .
    • Superior Twin Room with Acropolis view

Fantastic service in a great location on syntagma square. Handy for metro access including to airport. Great comfy beds , awesome view from window and fantastic bathroom .

Great bargain with fantastic views and location
    • Superior Twin Room with Acropolis view

The bathroom in my room was a bit dodgy - the fan barely worked and made an awful shuddering noise for the duration it was on and the light continuously flickered.

Best location!!!

Fantastic location, good basic family hotel
    • Family Room

Take some earplugs as the streets are a bit noisy

Stayed here two nights in a family room. Basic room, decor a bit tired but beds were comfortable. Perfect hotel if all you need it for is to sleep. The location is amazing, only 5 min walk to Syntagma square, 10 mins to Plaka district & 15 to the Acropolis. Staff couldn’t have been nicer, very attentive. Eating a great breakfast looking at the most amazing view of Athens & the Acropolis from the 10th floor was definitely a highlight.

Great location at the heart of Athens
    • Classic Double Room

The location is at a short walking distance at heart of Athens’ Syntagma Square, where almost all of the attractions in Athens are at a walking distance - Acropolis, Syntagma Square, Hadrian’s Arch, Plaka, Monastiraki Area and Metro Station on the way to Piraeus Port and the Panathenaic/Olympic Stadium! They also offer a very nice view of the Acropolis and Plaka at the rooftop restaurant.😍

• Superior Twin Room with Acropolis view

Bad smell in the room and in the hotel lobby. Breakfast variety is quite poor and not really tasty. For 150 euro per night I would expect to have better quality of the room and breakfast.

Terrible
    • Superior Triple Room with Acropolis View

We really thought the room was tiny, uncomfortable, stuffy, not well furnished. No services (they even didn't have an iron when we asked for one). Terrible experience all around.

Nothing really. Extremely uncomfortable.

The view of the Acropolis from the 10th floor
    • Classic Twin Room

Most things. We stayed below the 5 floor. Upon entering the room with the porter the room stunk of cigarette smoke. I immediately told the porter that we couldn't possibly stay in this room for 6 nights. He said he would try to change us tomorrow. That at least was done. The carpets left a lot to be desired. The beds were uncomfortable. The sheets were not changed once in the 6 nights we stayed. The bathroom was fair. The shower head did not stay in its holder. My husband had to do a temporary fix for the duration of our stay. We had a balcony, but the view was poor. The dry cleaning rates were very expensive. They charged approx $22 Australian dollars for 3 T Shirts. The breakfasts were poor to ok and then I found a hair in my scrambled eggs. It's the first hotel we have stayed in around the world where there was no toaster to toast a slice of bread. The location as far as the sites were concerned was very good, but the road itself was really bad, but, that's Athens. How this hotel has a 4**** star rating we will never know. At approx $210.00 Australian dollars per night for 6 nights we were not happy at all with this hotel. We expected a little better. Lucky we spent very little time there.

The view of the Acropolis from the 10th floor

• Classic Twin Room

Too expensive hotel, Breakfast : just basic, cooked eggs were blue !, not possible to have "sunny up" eggs Elevators too slow, one was blocked

The location was perfect.
    • Classic Twin Room

No coffee maker in the room. The electrical socket was about to loose, quite dangerous. Old hotel with old carpet and thin blanket. Very slow elevator.

The location was perfect. No comment.

• Superior Twin Room with Acropolis view

I checked inn 3 times , june 2 , june 7 , june 13 , I made A double payment , once by my credit card , once by cash at night of june 7 . I discovered that when i checked in at June 13 . It is my mistake to sign the receipt they offering me to sign , without reading it . 😭😭😭😭

Excellent hotel experience!
    • Classic Single Room - Internal View

My recommendations for accommodations in Greece: in Athens, the Astor Hotel is a lovely small hotel just off the main Syntagma Square. It can’t be beaten for convenience - within walking distance of many major attractions, the Changing of the Guard ceremony, and the National Gardens, plus the fabulous hip-on/hop-off buses, a bank/ATM, and a convenient storage place to leave larger/extra luggage when you take off for the islands. The staff makes you feel like family. I adore these people!! The panoramic rooftop view of the Acropolis and Parthenon are among the best in Athens. Many double rooms also have the same spectacular views. When in Athens I will always stay at the Astor Hotel. It is delightful to have a meal delivered to your table with the comment, “Made with love,” and because the staff constantly referred to me as “My Lady”, I have decided to add the title “Lady Astor” to my growing string of previously abandoned titles

This is our second visit staying at the Astor and we had a wonderful experience.
    • Classic Triple Room

Need more electrical outlets in room , bathroom!! Blow dryer needs to be updated.

Convenient to get to Acropolis, plaka, all good sights in Athens. Beautiful view of city, nice patio, buffet breakfast. 😊

Change the beds and sheet
    • Classic Twin Room

Th bed and bed covers were very very old. They can do much much better with the decoration. The walls are not sound proofed

The view from the restaurant, the location near the Center and the metro. Cleanliness is good. Friendly staff

Location, transport and nice room
    • Classic Twin Room

Could not really complain, the stay was comfortable, the room fine and the staff very helpful. Breakfast was a little disappointing but then that is a personal choice and did not impact on our stay.

Close to buses, trains and major attractions.

great place fi you don't plan to spend time in the room.
    • Classic Twin Room

The room had a funny smell, and we suspect that there was some moisture issues. There is also quite a lot of noise from a bar on the street that can go on until 5:30 am. And the toilet didn't flush to well.

The location and the breakfast's view.

great city, great location,lousy hotel.
    • Classic Twin Room

The Astor is truly grotty, run down, needs a refurbish. apparently we upgraded to a superior room with view, apparently it was refurbished.But certainly not to a reasonable standard. The carpet was filthy, bathroom still all the old fittings including shower hose over bath, nah, thats not refurbished, I would be ashamed to put my name to that job. Breakfast was included but dont bother. The restaurant has great views but look at the carpet ,it was filthy, badly stained, so bad we visited the room only once. Breakfast itself was ordinary by any standards, we did it once. There is so much beautiful food in Athens we would rather pay for it. What Astor provided was very poor in quality, a lousy deal. i think this hotel was rated 4 star plus, by my reckoning it was 2 star minus, its only benefit a great location and lovely staff. Its not often Booking.com get it so badly wrong.

the staff were very helpful at all times, gave us good advice about tours and locations, arranged tours and taxis.

good location but rooms in need of redoing

The hotel is in need of substantial redoing. The common areas are okay, but the rooms look too tired. The furniture looks old and more importantly, feels old. We booked 3 rooms and all 3 had part of the wallpaper in bad condition. On top of that the mattresses were clearly quite old and some of the bed sheets had signs of tear and wear, although they were clean.

Good central location. Near the old town and the shopping area. Friendly and helpful staff.

Wifi was good.
    • Classic Single Room - Internal View

The mosquitos in the room drove me mad. And the hotel didn't have any plugs so I got bitten and woke up early from them. Hotel didn't seem to care.

Wifi was good. Breakfast view was great. You got what you paid for.

Come to the Astor Hotel for a drink on the top floor and a spectacular view of the Acropolis.
    • Classic Twin Room

We wanted to leave our luggage at the hotel for 2 days. We were returning and staying for another 2 days. Our request was denied. I thought it was poor business, especially when the website says that they have luggage storage. The hotel needs refurbishing.

It was a comfortable bed after touring all day.

Great place to stay in Athens
    • Classic Twin Room

The room is a bit small but bed is comfortable and bathroom has everything and clean

The location is very convenient, close to the Syntagma square, acropolis and the area around. The view of the acropolis from the 10th floor restaurant is a very nice way to start the day in Athens.

I would expect a little bit more from 4 stars hotel :)
    • Classic Twin Room

When we arrived and went to the room (11:30 am), it turned out that it's not cleaned the way it should be.. Under the curtain we found an empty plastic bottle (0.5 L) and a paper from woman pads (if you know what I mean). Also there were some hair on the table in the room. So we called for housekeeping. Also there could be more light in the room, it really wasn't enough, too dark. The beds were not so comfortable and quite narrow. Sometimes the signal was poor, so some TV channels were not properly transmitted. And wi-fi was really very poor quality with constant interruptions, so we has to switch to mobile data to save our nerves.. There could be definitely more power sockets in the room. I had to turn off the lamp beside the bed so I could charge my phone - nonsense.

The staff was nice, they let us to check in earlier. Breakfast was OK, just all 4 days totally the same, but it was fine for me and the view of Acropolis from breakfast hall and terrace was breathtaking! Location of hotel is really great. I liked that we had a bathtub. The room was cleaned everyday. There was a fridge and AC in the room. The room was with balcony, although we didn't use it (there was no need to). There was lots of TV channels.

Excellent location, fantastic view on Acropolis and a comfortable stay.
    • Superior Triple Room with Acropolis View

The shower was very weak and the fridge was not working to a sufficient degree. The balcony would require chairs and a small table to benefit from the excellent view.

A balcony with spectacular view on Acropolis. I could see Acropolis directly from my bed too. Cleanliness of the room was very good standard. Beds were comfortable too. I also liked nescafe machine.

Location was superb.
    • Superior Twin Room with Acropolis view

Safe in room wasn't working, but was able to leave valuables at hotel reception, so not a big issue.

Location was superb. Shopping, dining, and transport links very accessible. Staff were so friendly and helpful it was a real pleasure to deal with everyone on the hotel team. Breakfast was generous with plenty of choice. Room was spacious and clean, and the views of the Acropolis were amazing. Would highly recommend!

Smooth trip with no problems.
    • Classic Twin Room

We did not have any negative comments on our trip. Maybe a bit more options on the breakfast , the more the better!!! :)

Maybe the most polite staff i have seen in a while. We received a room of our expectations and we were services as a 5 star hotel. Thank you one more time !

Go to the Astor for a drink on the roof top and a great view of the Acropolis.
    • Classic Twin Room

The web site for the hotel states luggage storage. We wanted to leave 3 bags of luggage for three days when we would return and stay for another 2 days. The hotel would not store it for us.

The view of the Acropolis from the roof top is outstanding.

Central location was great.
    • Classic Twin Room

Wi-Fi was very poor and cost extra. Room felt old and shabby. Very noisy at night.

Central location was great. View from breakfast room was stunning. Staff were polite and friendly.

It was an overall good value for money stay
    • Superior Twin Room with Acropolis view

As had been informed in the booking that we are purely vegetarians but we did not find much choice for us in the breakfast. The breads which were there for the breakfast had eggs so not much choice for us

Overall the hotel facilities are very good & we get value for money

5.5
    Excellent place if you want to be in central Athens within walking distance of the metro.
    • Superior Twin Room with Acropolis view

Being told you cannot sit outside on the rooftop restrant to eat your breakfast. Having to have your card key reset four times in 24 hours. Dirty and stained carpet in the rooftop restrant.

Central to Athens city centre and the metro.

Splendid views. Fab balcony. Terrific location
    • Superior Twin Room with Acropolis view

Breakfast is ordinary but ok, as is food in the restaurant.

Views are magnificent from certain rooms and from the breakfast/dining room. Balconys are great on certain rooms. Location could scarcely be better.

I recommend it only for a short stay, because everything is at a walking distance.
    • Classic Twin Room

As soon as we arrived, we ask to change our room with one king bed (our had 2 single beds), and the staff said that there are only 4 rooms with that kind of bed in the whole hotel and should be asked in advance for them. The room had smelled like feet, even if we tried to let the door to the balcony open for the whole stay. The bathroom was quite tiny (maximum 1.5 square meters) and the hot water temperature wasn't stable, so was a little hard to find the optimum temperature for a shower. At least the towels were clean :).

The only think what was good at the hotel as the location. It is located in the city center, at 20-25 min walk long to the Acropolis. In the nearby are plenty restaurants and grocery stores and also a metro station which had directly link to the airport. Also the view from the hotel restaurant was astonishing.

Very enjoyable and helpful. Will definitely stay there again.
    • Superior Twin Room with Acropolis view

Dining room a bit small for full hotel. I had to wait to be seated at breakfast.

The view from my balcony was magnificent. Ideal position near shopping area and metro and bus services.

Excellent location, very good breakfast with excellent view.
    • Classic Twin Room

The hotel needs a good renovation. Bathroom was not as expected, the shower telephone was old and there was not hanger to put it. The mixer of the sink was also an old one too. The quilt/blanket on the bed was old as well.

Excellent location, very good breakfast with excellent view.

The view from the 10th floor is amazing.
    • Classic Twin Room

There was a group of loud teenagers on our floor at 1am. The staff did not do anything to quiet them. It made it so difficult to sleep. My friends had a room on the 8th floor while we were placed with this large group on the first floor. For this reason I would think twice before staying here.

The view from the 10th floor is amazing. The breakfast was good.

I would defintly stay at this hotel again.
    • Superior Twin Room with Acropolis view

Rooms were a bit tired and could use redecoration, but I would not describe it as run down. As said the location and price more than make up for it, especially if you do not intend on spending much time at the hotel and just want a place to sleep and get breakfast.

Excellent hotel and friendly staff. The hotel is very close to a metro stop (Syntagma) and the Acropolis. Considering the location it was very good value for money. Very good views of the Acropolis from most rooms from at least the 6th floor up and the restaurant has a great panoramic view of the city.

I didn’t not enjoy my stay at this hotel
    • Family Room

Didn’t like th bathroom. The sink was detached from the wall. The shower was open so water got all over the bathroom including cloths and towels. The linen/towels needs to be trash once it becomes off color (not white). The couches in the lobby looks very old and worn.

Staff was very nice

Basic hotel with a nice view
    • Classic Twin Room

The hotel needs to upgrade its room. It looks very very old. Elevators also need an upgrade as we were always waiting for the next one as it gets full or was very slow. They could also put complimentary tea or water as in any basic hotel.

The location is the strongest feature of this hotel. It’s close to Syntagma Square and the metro/bus stations plus shopping areas. The Acropolis view from the rooftop cafe lets you forgive its shortcomings.

A lot of potential
    • Classic Twin Room

I have to preface these remarks with two realities: 1. I live in Dubai, where 5* and above hotels are everywhere. 2. On this particular vacation, this was my fifth hotel and third country, so I had had some really nice experiences before this one, but had also been budget conscious in choosing this hotel from the other options via Booking.com That being said, this hotel has definitely seen better days, and yet seems to blend in with its immediate surroundings given the view from the small window in my tiny room. The hotel could really be so much more given its location and view, and complete with some of the more luxurious hotels nearby. The inclusion of breakfast was nice, but the offerings were not that desirable, and some of the hot food containers had labels but no food inside. My room looked like it was straight out of a 1970s movie, and there were no amenities to speak of. Lastly, the WiFi was extremely slow. Once again, please remember my initial qualifying statements as you consider my review, and know that the staff are really good people, and the hotel has A LOT of potential! Did I mention the view and the location!!!!

The rooftop view!!!! Couldn't get enough of it!! The central and convenient location!!!! It was perfect for a first time visitor to Athens because I could easily get around to do so much in the city from that location. Excellent!!! The staff were really considerate and helpful from the moment I stepped into the hotel, until I needed a thirty minute extension at checkout to finish some last minute running around. Thank you so much!

Very average, glad it was for one night.
    • Classic Twin Room

Quite shabby fittings and furniture in room, needs refurbishment. Window opened to back of hotel so dim natural light. No balcony. Shower would not stay in holder on wall.

Location. View from restaurant.

A good position but a few improvements could make it a better hotel.
    • Classic Twin Room

Offer more variety/choices for breakfast. Toilet is in a narrow space. No luggage storage for more than a couple of hours. No kettle in the room. Very noisy as it is in a main street.

Position. View from top floor of acropolis.

I love Astor hotel - always staying in Astor
    • Classic Twin Room

The breakfast could be better - more various with delicious greek specialities - honey in a bowl ect. - half tomatos gratinated with cheese - better sliced ham - larger selection of coffee varieties on the machine - whole difference types of olives - yes small easy making things which make the breakfast more eksklusive - only the fantasy will make it better

Close to metro Syntagma with direct connection to the airport. In walking distance to all the interesting places you have to visit in Athen. A nice view to Acropolis from the restaurant on the top of the hotel. Very comfortable beds. All the staff are very helpful and kind - and I got always more than I had been asking for

The hotel is definitelly not a 4 star hotel, maybe 2,5 stars
    • Classic Twin Room

The carpet all over the hotel was very old, dirty and smelling The walls were unpainted since long time It was smell of smoking in the room

Only the view from the terrace

Good location and nice view at the floor where breakfast was...
    • Classic Twin Room

There is no kettle and cup in the room and no coffee or even drinking water provided in the room.

Good location and nice view at the floor where breakfast was served.

Three nights in the Astor Hotel, Athens
    • Superior Triple Room with Acropolis View

Noisy during the night, disinterested breakfast staff, poor shower, very noisy extractor fan.

Location, helpful and smiley reception and cleaming staff, comfortable bed and pillows.

Acceptable hotel facilities, due to its central location.
    • Classic Twin Room

We asked for a double bed, but they provided for two singles instead. Also, breakfast was very poor, not many options, and some dishes were not properly cooked. Also, lighting in the room was little, only two side lamps were provided and no central lighting.

The staff was very friendly and polite. The breakfast area, was at the rooftop with a breathtaking view of the Acropolis.

The location of the hotel is ideal for travellers wishing to...
    • Classic Twin Room

The rooms require renovation, in all respect. Wifi was not working properly, very poor signal. Breakfast was only fair, below expectation.

The location of the hotel is ideal for travellers wishing to be in the centre of Athens. The view from the hotel's breakfast area is also impressive.

It looks better after the renovation. The reception staff are very polite. Great location.
    • Classic Twin Room

The door to the balcony is difficult to open. I have to pull a little up as the carpet is obstructing it. The bath tub is a bit clogged.

Bed is comforable

Great breakfast makes up for the outdated rooms
    • Family Room

The rooms are in desperate need of an upgrade. The beds were hard, though this is common for Europe. Everything was clean but drab

The breakfast and view were great

Perfect location for an ancient site sightseeing city break in Athens
    • Classic Twin Room

Carpet in the restaurant needs changing! Very good breakfast but the promise of meals in the evening was not lived up to - shame as the night time view of the Acropolis was stunning. But the restaurant would have to be more exciting, and have better flooring to encourage you to go to it.

Warm and cosy room, good housekeeping, clean and comfortable

Location Is great.
    • Classic Twin Room

I'm not sure whats the standard in Athens but the rooms are a bit small with opaque windows and could be in better shape all around.

Location Is great. The area is a bit more low-key than the market area of Monastiraki square, Athens and Ermou st. and Omonia square and yet very close to many central landmarks and parks and has quite a lot to offer in its own right. Very pleasant! The view from the dining room and roof top is amazing.

Wonderful stay
    • Classic Twin Room

The hotel located in the heart of Athens is very close to the Acropolis. The stuff was very helpful. The breakfast was served at the last floor of the hotel with the amazing view of the Acropolis. Vana the reception manager was very polite!

Room for improvement.
    • Classic Triple Room

The room was in a state of disrepair. Holes in the door, too old blankets, empty mini bars.

The personel was very helpful. Great location. Excellent view from the roof restaurant.

Very well looked after by professional staff.
    • Classic Twin Room

The only thing that was disappointing was the bed covers they looked really old and worn and the carpet was smelly (from cigarettes) as well. However, when I complained about the smell they changed my room immediately although the next room was also smelly but thankfully not as strong. If they had smoke detectors in the rooms it would prevent people from smoking inside as the carpet, curtains and bedding absorb the smell and make it unpleasant.

The location was incredibly convenient and view, where you take the breakfast was breathtaking. The staff was very professional helpful and friendly.

Easy going, relaxing holiday.
    • Superior Twin Room with Acropolis view

Needs some decoration now, chairs on the balcony so you can sit out, needed another chair in the room for couples.

The view of the Parthenon if you had a room on that side of the hotel like us was brilliant and from the restaurant where we had breakfast. Within walking distance of most things you want to see and shopping, plenty of places to eat, sit have coffee, good location. The hotel does need a bit of TLC but very clean and the staff were lovely, they made up for any problems.

The location is the only think I liked in this poor &...
    • Classic Twin Room

The room was very cold and the air conditioning could not warm enough the room, everything was dirty the coverlet and the poor blanket on the bed, the carpet on the floor...Poor breakfast... awful experience!!!!!!!!

The location is the only think I liked in this poor & really dirty hotel. I booked this hotel because I thought it was a 4 star hotel as mentioned, but in fact it was less than a 3 star hotel!

Would return, and pay the supplement for the Acropolis view.
    • Classic Twin Room

Wifi Rather erratic. Have to pay extra for a room with a view on the upper floors.

The excellent location, easy to walk to main sites and restaurants. The breakfast room overlooking the Acropolis, and the variety and quality of the food.

great location, great views from roof, but room was not very nice or comfortable
    • Classic Single Room - Internal View

it was windy, and the noises from the wind kept me up all night. no sound insulation. room as very small and dated.

location -- great roof terrace with view of acropolis

did not meet my expectations from the specific hotel

I have been disappointed from my stay though I have stayed many times before at the Astor Hotel. The double room was not clean, dirty furniture, and the one bed was broken. The heat was not working property and until it was fixed I was frozen. I did not have a pleasant time because of these problems. And when I complained the answer was that this is the standard room. Are these the standard facilities for a four-star hotel?

the breakfast, though no bread was availabe only small round bread but no slices

Value for money.
    • Classic Twin Room

Not everything in breakfast was always fresh. Also the tap in the bath had a piece from the side which kept falling and the mattress was very firm for me. Apart from those, everything else was good and our expectations were met.

The location is excellent, very central. The staff was very friendly, helpful and they tried their best to accommodate our special requests. The rooms were clean and spacious. The rooftop restaurant offers beautiful views of Acropolis and Parthenon. Strongly recommended if you are looking for value for money.

Athina is amazing city..
    • Classic Triple Room

bad: Rooms look old.wallpaper tapet was older then me (45y),We find and catch a bug. The lock of the bathroom was half disassembled , hair dryer last very old and not working enough well.All this comments I can prove with photos.The restorant with the amazing view to the Akropolis was offten heavy crowded, not able to use it ....That's why we just mist last breakfast ...The coffe bar in the lobby opens for the early birds and coffe drinkers at 11.00 h A.M. !!! If you ask ...will I again ...NO... Really nice people...but the hotel don't deserve the price.

good : STUFF great, LOCATION,PANORAMA FROM THE RESTORANT

Great location and value for money but improvement required in room facilities and decor.
    • Classic Triple Room

Room has no tea/ coffee making facilities which is shocking! Carpets are old and need to be replaced.

Fantastic location and views from the rooftop restaurant!

Will definitely return
    • Classic Twin Room

Hot drink making facilities in the room would be good and better quality loo roll !!

The best hotel we have had in our last 7 visits to Athens.Friendly staff and good rooftop view,clean room and close to all you will need to enjoy a great city centre break

Great stay in a superb central location
    • Classic Twin Room

No baby changing facilities other than in own room. The lighting in the room was too dark. Breakfast room didn’t have enough tables so people were queuing to eat each morning, in warmer months they probably add more tables on the outside terrace but Christmas is busy period too so need more space.

Breakfast good and with great views of Acropolis and the city. Staff helpful and generally friendly and overall facilities at hotel are good.

Excellent location but needs an uplift on interior, need tea / coffee making facility in room
    • Classic Triple Room

Carpets in the lift lobby area are too old which results in an unpleasant smell. The room had no tea / coffee making facilities which is quite shocking!!!

View from the rooftop restaurant was awesome and location of the hotel is excellent!!

Very friendly and professional staff.
    • Classic Twin Room

Very friendly and professional staff. Clean, good food, everything you need for a good stay in Athens. Shops, restaurants and culture all around. Cannot wait to go back!

Only thing made it worth the money spent was the location
    • Classic Twin Room

Rooms are in need of serious refurbishment - the beds, carpets need to be changed, the room smelled of damp, there was evidence of mould in the shower, the shower head had to be changed. Throw away the awful 70's bed covers and blankets, and the beds and replace them with white clean ones. The room was quite terrible. The breakfast was even worse. Consider having a smaller selection of things to eat, but at least make them the best quality - coffee from a machine is quite terrible for the price paid - at least a coffee filter machine would be good. Staff in the breakfast were not helpful

The staff were excellent in how they welcomed guests and helped them in. View from the breakfast was excellent - view of the Parthenon. Location is excellent

Value for money
    • Family Room

The shower had no curtain and no handle. All water was all over the place and a mess was created every time we had shower... awfull...

The location was excellent ! Near ermou the main commercial street of athens and all the good stuff

Position and sight from restaurant.
    • Classic Twin Room

Internet connection was very bad, I complained but nothing changed. Breakfast is very basic and did not change for 4 days.

Position and sight from restaurant.