Reviews of Atlantis 1 stars

14, Egnatia Str., Thessaloníki, 54630, Greece

#48 of 69 hotels in Thessaloníki

It looks like the bathrooms are much improved but still not great. For the amount of money I paid for 2 nights here, I expected a nicer atmosphere, decor etc. Perfectly adequate, but too expensive for what you receive

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The location is great. The beds very comfortable. Room and bathroom were very clean.

Very noisy at night! Better double glazing might block out some of the noise from the street and other hotel residents.

Very friendly and helpful man at reception :) The old building has some nice features. handy for airport bus.

• Standard Quadruple Room

I would like to mention that the staff was very friendly and they're ready to help for everything at any time. Thank you guys, you're the best :)

Property could benefit from some updating.

Property was located in a very convenient location on the main road. Very basic room but it was clean and served our needs as we only stayed one night.

You get what you pay for and I didn't have any great expectations about the quality of service of this hotel. It seemed a cheap option for a good location at the city center. However after working myself in a hotel and being in several hotels in the world, I never in my life encountered such an experience, someone entering my room and steal my personal belongings. I stayed on 03/05/18 and I went out at night so I left the key at the receptionist on duty. It was about 2am in the morning when I came back to find out that my key was missing!! There was an elderly man on duty at that time and when I asked him what happened to my key he said he didn't have a clue and we were both trying for half an hour to open my door with a bunch of second keys he had for the rooms. I went to bed as it was quite late and I decided to speak to the staff in the morning when I would check out to find out what happened to my key. When I started packing my things in the morning I realised that some were missing and I was 100% I had them before. The room was tiny so I couldn't possibly misplaced them. I called the reception straight away, I reported the incident and that my key was missing when I came back at night, and he was surprised and no answer about my key! I went down to c/o and a man was looking at the cameras to find out what happened. To cut a long story short, I had to leave the hotel as I was in a rush and they promised they would get back to me. They did 3 days ago via email which I replied and no response, no word for compensation for my belongings that got stolen (which by the way it is a very affordable amount), no apologies for the whole incovenience and finally the cherry on the cake, they said they didn't notice any violation at the cameras and that they can't look at this matter anymore. My mistake was that I didn't call the police straight away!

• Budget Double Room - Interior View

It’s not the most clean place in the world. The building is an old one and perhaps that is the reason for the smell of mould and damp

The people are very nice. They change our bed sheets and towels often.

The parking is shared with a few other hotels and it is locate on a small street nearby, maybe some 400m. Parking in front of the hotel even to load/unload luggage is a little bit hard because the street is busy with traffic. When we were leaving the hotel it turned out that the guy at the parking was gone so we had to go back and forth to get the reception's key.

The location is excellent, very close to the sea and the main sights, in a lively area with shops, restaurants and bars. The room was clean and comfy. I am recommending this place.

The view from the room on the back was not nice, but the room is renovated and clean. Also there is no elevator and the being on the third floor is hard with suitcases. Anyhow the stuff will help you with anything.

The location is good for walk and easy to find dinner. The stuff is willing to help you all day and night. Ladadika area of Thessaloniki is very near, so you do not need to move your car since parking is difficult in this city.

We have booked two double rooms: one bedroom and one twin room. When we arrived our friends who were supposed to be in the twin room were accommodated in a double bed room which was uncomfortable for them. We had only a small window in the room, so there was not much light coming in. (Difficult to wake up, haha)

However, the staff was really good - friendly, positive and super careful. They couldn't find us a twin room, but were really nice and kind all the time. Generally, it was a good value for the money indeed.

• Budget Twin Room - Interior View

Very small bathroom and shower area.

Excellent location and very helpful staff. Hotel is clean. We stayed at the room that didn't have windows to the street, but to a skylight in the middle of the building. That meant that not much of a natural light was coming into a room, but the room was very quiet. We were aware of this before booking.

• Standard Quadruple Room

The receptionist was very very nice and polite, giving us directions about the city, offering us help with parking and finding the hotel over the phone in the first place, always smiling and in a good mood! We give him a 10! Clean rooms, excellent location! The hotel is better than it looks on the photos! Definitely planning on coming back again!

Very small bathroom.

Upon my arrival I was warmly greeted by my host Mr Konstantin. He was kind enough to plan my routes with public transportation and to recommend nearby sight seeing destinations. Also trough my stay I was very impressed with location of the property. Everything you need to see is few hundred meters away. Also the bus stop in front of the hotel is very well connected with other parts of the city and airport. I highly recommend this property because it offers great value for money.

The air con wasn't working but was immediately fixed.

A lovely building- the hallways show the fine architecture. Right outside is the main bus stop takes you anywhere, downstairs a 24hr bakery is open

No elevator

Low rate, clean, comfortable, helpful staff, perfect location.... In front of the hotel there is a bus stop which is very convenient for transportation. The staff are very welcoming and helpful. The rooms have all the basic needs and are cleaned daily. Honestly I can say this is the best place to stay in Thessaloniki.

I was disappointed by the low sound insulation, we can almost hear everything outside in the rooms giving access to one of the main city roads. Also, the air conditioner was very noisy and it's almost impossible to sleep when it's running.

The hotel is near public transport and to downtown. Very kind staff and nice price/performance ratio.

I've reserved double room and found it on third floor and the hotel with no stairs and the booking didn't show that the room will be on third floor. Its very annoying. Also the bathroom was very small. Also I postponed my reservation to one day and the hotel refused to refund or give me extra day. Finally I don't recommend it at all. Thanks

• Budget Double Room - Interior View

The bahtroom was too small and not very well planned, the shower curtain was not long enough, by the time we finished taking a shower the floor was completely covered with water, nasty! But the staff is well aware of the problem I guess, so at least the bathroom was very well cleaned every day.

Very central location, super helpful staff (got some priceless recommendations about Thessaloniki itself and Chalkidiki. We had a great time! Thank you, wouldn't be the same without your advice!)

Wonderful location: bus to airport stops right in front of the hotel, very close to Aristotel square (5 minutes walk), lots of places to have snack around.Helpful personnel explained how to buy tickets in the airport bus, duration if the ride to the airport.

• Budget Double Room - Interior View

Rooms are very small, but on the other hand you have anything that you will need.

Bus lines is in front of the hotel; very close to main city attractions available by foot; very very helpful, kind and hospitality stuff ready to answer on any quest.

Size of rooms are just cca 15 m2. Small window, small bathroom, but with well equipped. Lights are poor.

Location is excellent, within walking distance to square of Aristotelus, and to coast. Hotel is very close to Tsimiski street. Altough is literally on Egnatia street, you can not hear traffic noise in rooms. It is clean, as well are rooms. Wi fi is good.

• Standard Quadruple Room

Airconditioning was cold in half of the room and didn't reach the second part of the room. But that was not extremely important.

Owners are extremely friendly and helpful. Very clean. Old building with character: all well done. Very nice and big bathroom.

During the night there was some noise from the reception.

Location is perfect, in the city center with parking. All main city attractions in walking distance.

The rooms are small, the bathroom is rather fit for a child than an adult. One could barely turn without any hanger, the shower is super small. Definitely not recommended for the sumo team. I travelled there with friends for a girls weekend and was really surprised to find one sheet for two people. However the receptionist was really kind and immediately supplied me with two blankets after I walked down to the reception in pyjamas (no brochure in the room with number to be called).

The staff is fantastic. Patient, helpful and very very kind, everybody. The location of the hotel is quite central, everything can be reached in short time. The rooms are clean.

Safe not bolted to the floor.

Nice clean room, towels changed every day, linen every other day. Staff very helpful and friendly. Good location in centre of town.

• Budget Double Room - Interior View

There was a strange smell, maybe because it was an old building.

Good location, the bus station was next to the hotel. For the price, it is a good hotel.

The only 2 minuses I have to mention are the extremely small bathroom (the shower area is a little bit bigger than a sink and there is no curtain, so when you shower, water will splash around the entire bathroom) and the cigarette smell impregnated everywhere (it hits you every time you enter the room from outside).

The location is great, just a couple of minutes walking from the port or the center. The bus stop to go to the airport is just in front of the hotel!! Big like! The building is a refurbished old building, one can only admire and feel lucky to have had the opportunity to step inside it and admire its interior. The receptionist is quite the character! Very funny and helpful!

• Comfort Triple Room

Elevator not exist at all at the 3-floor building hotel.

Step out of the main street in Thessaloniki, Egnatia. You will enjoy super quite room even here, fully modern furnished with all You need for short stay. It was fantastic experience.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

It was a little bit noisy

One of the cheepest places to stay. The staff was helpful. Good locaton, on a walking distance from landmarks and restourants.

An exceptionally nice place, small but very clean and with a friendly as well as always helpful staff. Close to all attractions, restaurants, the water front and public transport. Ideal location. I can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

The bathroom is really small, the watchmen during the night keeps shouting whole the night: incredible!! He woke me ten times a night!!

The staff (Konstantinos) is very friendly and answers all your questions with details and description! The location is central, you can reach most of the attractions on foot!

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

I didn't like the room too small and the bathroom. I don't mind the bus stop in front of the hotel but the cigarette smoke is too much for us. We never smoked.

The property is accessible to everything. Transportation, restaurant, supermarket, parks, close to the water front. I enjoy my stay. We walked every day to the water front. All the tourists destination are walking distance. The staff are very helpful and happy. They speak English very good.

No breakfast option. The staff was nice but I had to check out early in the morning and the person minding the desk at the time did not speak English and they wanted to charge me even though my room had already been paid for by credit card. That was difficult and made me miss the first bus to the airport so sort that out during "business hours" just to be safe. The shower was very small and not properly covered so the entire bathroom flooded after I took a shower, not nice.

The train station is only a 15 min walk and the bus to the airport stops right in front of the hotel (it comes every half and hour). The location was ok, 15-20 mins from the main tourist points.

• Budget Double Room - Interior View

We were at the first floor, and everything we hear from the reception, ringing the phones, travelers. That was no good. One night we were wake up till 4am because everything we hear from the second floor. There isn't good isolation.

The personal was good

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Budget Double Room - Interior View

For the price the hotel was excellent! The bus stop to the airport was just outside the door, it is close to famous landmarks and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I'm not sure if there was any WiFi available, but we only stayed one night and left early, so didn't really matter :-)

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

I would appriciated a room with a view.

I liked that I could smoke in my room. Great location and friendly staff! Linen was changed daily and new towels provided.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Budget Twin Room - Interior View

The room was really small with a window to the skylight which was really dirty. Since we were on the ground floor we couldn't really open the window. The bathroom was VERY small. You could barely fit in there. The shower curtain was very short and as a result there was water everywhere in the bathroom after a 5 minute shower.

The staff were really helpful when needed.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Dusty rooms in corners - easy to clean but wasnt done. Shower curtain was placed 1 meter away from the cubical so all water splashed. Smelly drains in the middle of the bathroom. (The above things can easily be fixed and either get more returning customers)

Locations and historic building. Walking distance to everywhere we needed to go. Bus stop outside hotel. Very friendly staff. Very clean sheets, good 24 hour wifi

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Budget Double Room - Interior View

The room had no light at all, the window was on 2x2 meters "courtyard " Opposite window of our room was an other's room's window. We could hear all the noise. No air in the room, smell of mould. Can't tell the day from the night. The bed and bedsheets very unconfortable. Tiny bathroom, toilet seat was broken. Hotel is run down.Pricey for what you get.

Staff were friendly , close to bus stop to airport

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Switching the water to the shower handle proved to be harder than expected (i was lucky to make it work) and the room had a heavy smell of smoke, probably because smoking was allowed indoors.

Very good location, awesome staff, wifi had no problems. The interior design was awesome even if old.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

The dark room without a real window and the colour scheme - why so much BROWN in Greece?!

The staff were lovely. It was the end of my holiday and I didn't use the room much so the lack of window and strange bathroom didn't really matter. Very well situated - the airport bus stops literally outside.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

bathroom was ok but shower head couldn't be attached to wall,had to be told whole showering

very personal touch, super central, quiet,cozy, great value for money!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

There's no elevator so, be prepared to take your luggage up the stairs. The room's bathroom was OK but it seemed to have been built in the room afterwards. The shower was a bit awkward as it was just a small square area on a corner delimited by a shower curtain.

The location is great and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The building, room and facilities are decent and a good value for money.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful with providing information of the city. The rooms were comfortable and provided great value for money. We were centrally located to the shops and restaurants.

I wouldn't recommend for a long stay. The rooms are so tiny. There is no room to sit on the toilet or even have a decent shower. There is no elevator and we were on 3rd floor. No breakfast.

The location is great. Outside of the hotel there is a bus stop that takes you to the airport, it's in a main road of Thessaloniki. The bed was comfortable. The WIFI worked fine

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Almost impossible to sleep. Street below the window is super loud and walls are very thin. I heard every spoken word or door movement on our floor. Bathroom is a joke. Absolutely smallest bathtub I ever saw.

Location and organized parking.

Lots of traffic and noise.

Central location and clean. Good money for value.

• Standard Quadruple Room

Clean, good location, very friendly staff

The wardrobe was smelly

Location and the staff.

Thanks to Costantinos! Who was really kindhearted!!! Thank you :) I hope to visit tesaaloniki again!

No lift

The reception staff where invaluable, with local knowledge, bus routes and helped us extensively. Thank you.

Very noisy and dark rooms.

Super condition, helpfull and friendly staff.

no parking

Decoration, value for money choice, kind receptionist, the hotel is in downtown

the view from the room

Near to the city centre, nice and helpful staff, wifi in the room, hot water, TV.

There was a strong cigarete smell in the room and in the coridor.

Staff is very good, as well as the room

Noise from the street

Cool! Clean, comfortable, super-stuff!

very small bathroom

clean room convenient location

• Standard Quadruple Room

Very nicely renovated rooms.

No slippers for the bathroom

No free parking

Very good personal, very clean, best price/quality, not so far from center

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

A full curtain would have been good!

Bed was comfortable

lack of elevator and that they got rid of breakfast

Great location, like the renovated building, friendly and helpful staff

Small bathroom appliances

Very good location, Thessaloniki main street, all you need is near.

• Budget Double Room - Interior View

The staff is INCREDIBLY ACCOMMODATING, they are the best I've ever found.

• Budget Twin Room - Interior View

helpful staff high standard of cleanliness in room, cheap, central, no issues at all

Great service!

Difficult to find

• Budget Double Room - Interior View

Great location i very friendly staff

The staff was very kind and helpful, for everything we need. The room is small but clean and comfortable...

Maintenance, cleanliness.

Relatively economical option, within walking distance to Aristotelous Square.

• Comfort Triple Room

Great Location, great stuff and very cozy rooms.

The room was a bit dark because the window was facing another building.

Very friendly and helpful staff!

Lovely stay.Helpful staff. The hotel must be 2**category for sure!

Receptionist didnt speak english

• Budget Twin Room - Interior View

Staff was really helpful in providing information to get around and see the city

Browse Atlantis traveller photo gallery