Reviews of Aquila Atlantis Hotel 5 stars

2, Ygias Str., Heraklio Town, 71202, Greece

#12 of 58 hotels in Heraklio Town

• Superior Room Harbour View

We liked everything about our stay...even the soaps and lotions were high quality!

I recognize that my review may be a little skewed...but when we showed up, the front desk surprised us and upgraded us to the best suite in the hotel (as a gift for our honeymoon)! We were absolutely blown away. The room was enormous, with two bathrooms, a large bedroom, and a large living room, complete with a full sized dining table. It was set up in a way where we could have shut the doors to our bedroom and bathroom and hosted friends for the evening in the main area. There were floor to ceiling sliding glass doors along two walls, opening out to balconies, and giving us a view of both the harbor and out over the city. Breakfast in the morning was quite a nice buffet spread downstairs. We wandered around a bit and discovered two different pools (one on the 1st floor, one on the roof deck) and saw that the hotel spa was offering couples massages/facials at an extremely good rate...we wish that we had planned a longer stay to take advantage of it! I think what I appreciated most, though, was the central location. We were able to walk to the hotel from the port, where we disembarked from the ferry, and we were able to walk into the center of town for dinner that evening. It's a safe, well lit, and very short walk to all of the restaurants and shopping - and it was quite a bustling scene...we loved seeing families out and babies sleeping in strollers even at 11pm on a weeknight! We will always have warm memories of the night we spent in Heraklion at Aquila Atlantis.

• Executive Room Harbour View

The pools were way too shallow and also freezing, my teenage kids couldnt swim in them for more than 10 mins before wanting to get out. This was disappointing as I specifically wanted a place with a pool as I knew it was going to be hot. There was also some sort of lazer lights being projected on to the side of the hotel at night, the block out curtains did not stop them, and my husband and I couldnt sit out on the balcony to enjoy the evening without being flashed in the eyes every few seconds, very annoying!

Good location, not far from main restaurant and shopping streets. Lovely view of the harbour. Nice balconies on our rooms.

• Executive Room Harbour View

There's no parking if you have or hire a car,drivers very aggressive when it comes to parking, Rooms two single beds not a extra double as offer in excective rooms,

Pool on upper level

• Comfort Room City View Single Use

The room and breakfast were super. They described breakfast as fabulous. I used the choice and experience elsewhere and compared to other hotels who use the same phrase. There’s was fabulous. The concierge service was also super sorting out a car and shaping an intinary. I would return without hestitation providing room prices were acceptable and value for money.

• Executive Room Harbour View

bathroom shower is quirky, the toilet is in the shower and the water from the shower gets on the floor.

nice roof top pool, wonderful breakfast buffet.

• Comfort Room City View

My reservation said city view and All I Saw was a wall from the other hotel. You need to change the booking photos to avoid this situations.

Confort bed and great bathroom. The breakfast has many options mostly greek food.

• Comfort Room City View

The location was prefect for us, we only stayed two night but found everything relatively close to the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel...I wish we stayed longer.

• Executive Room Harbour View

Due to airport staff strikes, planes took off till around 02:00 and were very close during take off to the hotel

Super helpful staff; for my early departure at 05:00 they offered me a small breakfast even. Nice pools and view from the roof top

• Executive Room Harbour View

There was no ventilation in the WC! The breakfast was until 10.00 on week days and I think you deserve a late breakfast when you are on holiday. Wi-fi slow.

The mattress, the balcony, the breakfast, the parking, the coffee facilities, the proximity to the Centre, the availability of a smoking area and the helpfulness of the staff. I really liked the quality of the provided toiletries and the impressive shower.

• Comfort Room City View

It was very noisy from the reception and the lobby. It was huge groups in the hotel and they were making so noice we could hear them from inside our room.

• Comfort Room City View

I really didn't feel like being in a 5-star hotel. We queued for check-in and we had to wait, and none of the staff members greeted us or offered help. Reservation was unknown at reception desk which required checking. We carried own luggage to our rooms ourselves. The room was quite small, and it didn't feel like being in a 5 star hotel. Corridors narrow and dimly lit. Usually, I feel very relaxed when having a breakfast in a hotel and I enjoy that a lot. However, in this hotel I had a very bad experience. It was very noisy. There is 1 single space for the hotel entry area, and the restaurant with the reception desk awkwardly positioned in between (temporary pop-up?). With stone floors and glass tables everything reflects sound and I wished I were somewhere else. It is possible have the breakfast outside where it is a bit more quiet but that area attracted many smokers which didn't combine well with my breakfast. Summarizing this place isn't 5 star to me, I didn't like it and I would not come back.

Excellent shower in my bathoom. Upon check-out taxi to airport for a fair price (EUR 10) was arranged quickly by reception staff.

• Comfort Room City View Single Use

I had an operation. I wasn’t happy with my room because it was dark and the bathroom was awkward as in the layout. I asked reception if I could have another room with more light and/or balcony view. I explained that I was on bed rest and needed an environment where it was light and I could get a bit of fresh air. They did change my room however I had to pay extra which I found unfair especially the amount of money I had already spent! Also I was disappointed that the indoor pool was out of use. That’s not what was advertised when I booked!

Location was good. Staff were ok. Breakfast was good.

• Executive Room Harbour View

That I had so say goodbye.... The shower leaked into the bathroom, but I am sure by now the facilities team picked on this minor little irritation.

Warm professional welcome and service through out by slick, fun and courteous staff. Excellent Greek breakfast served in a sleek setting with artful wall decorations. Serving included homemade bread and authentic Greek side dishes. Awesome roof terrace pool with blue skies above and über stylish reception area with fascinating art. Perfect place to lounge for to see and be seen. Silky soft bedsheets in spacious room located off an elegant design-focused cloth covered wall corridor. From my balcony I enjoyed tantalising views of the harbour hive activities Attention to detail in the bathroom with Apivita amenities for use in the super-sized rainforest shower. An unforgettable stay....I fell in love with Crete.

• Executive Room Harbour View

No busboys to help with luggage. We had a room with twin beds pushed together to make one bed and we would have preferred just one queen or king bed. Outside balcony was nice but the view is blocked off on all balconies so you can’t see anything unless you stand up.

Excellent location - close to port and bus station. Superb restaurant with very reasonable rates - €17 for excellent buffet dinner and free buffet breakfast. Rooms were clean and comfortable with large shower. Very modern, beautiful hotel.

• Comfort Room City View

Great spot to overnight. We flew in to Heraklion in the afternoon and wanted to see the archeological museum the next morning before heading to the coast. The location was great for this. We could walk everywhere. The staff were very helpful. Parking in front was free.

• Executive Room Harbour View

Location is, on the one hand, good because it's very close to the very centre, on the other hand, it IS a bit noisy because of the airplanes (especially when some of them pass right above the hotel) and the port with its works, which is very close to the hotel. The peak day for airplanes is Saturday, this is a bit of a torture! If you like to sleep with a balcony open and are sensitive to sounds, this might be an issue. Other days of the week are better from this point of view. Also, this hotel is far from beaches, so it is good for a city stay rather than for a beach holiday. I must mention that the first 2 days of our stay we felt a smell of humidity/damp in the room coming from the bathroom (maybe because the canalization system had not been used for a while) which, in the Executive Room, is not separated as a standalone room, the bathroom has no borders with the room! A cool design solution but might bring some problem. Later, the smell disappeared.

The room was comfy (especially the beds), the staff is friendly and professional, both at the reception and at the restaurant, the breakfast was very good (with fresh Greek yogurts and nice cakes, boiled&scrambled eggs and much more) as well as the dinner, both buffet and "a la carte". The fitness room is not large, I would say it lacks an ellipse, and one of the machines was partially broken, but I liked the rest of the equipment.

• Comfort Room City View

The bed was a bit small for two people. A hotel of this standard should provide bottled water free of charge.

Standard modern hotel with a good restaurant (buffet in the evening). Checkout at 12.00am

• Comfort Room City View

My partner and I were celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary. The hotel upgraded our room to the Execuitve Suite and we found a delicious chocolate gelato in our room upon the arrival. The service from start till the end was outstanding. Food was amazing and we’ll definitely be recommending the hotel to our friends and family. Thank you to the Aquila team for taking care of us so well 🙂

• Comfort Room City View

There was some trouble in room allocation and verification at odd hours. However the hotel staff owned the issue and made up for it more than enough during our stay. Showed how serious they took the issue. Overall a pleasant experience. Definitely would recommend this hotel.

Nice clean comfortable big room, value for money meals (breakfast, dinner), comfortable bed, helpful staff, good location

The hotel was very convenient to the archaeological museum and the center of town. The rooms were clean and gracious. The breakfast was so nicely laid out. Reception was very helpful calling us taxis.

• Executive Room Harbour View

Staff were great! friendly and very helpful, especially Katerina at reception, who was so pleasant, friendly, so informative about the hotel and the sight seeing areas. We found her super helpful!! We got upgraded, which was great! The room was big, we had a balcony, where we were able to chill. The location was brilliant! It was a short walk to the bus station - and we were very easily able to take the public bus to Knossos Palace. The Venetian fort, restaurants, shops were all a short walk. The breakfast there was great! A large choice. Their shower gel, shampoo, conditioner were great! Containing mostly all natural ingredients too!

• Executive Room Harbour View

Uderstaffed and as a result the services do not correspond at all to a 5 star hotel,eg nobody at the entrance hall to help you with the luggage, only one person at the reception and therefore if you want to ask something you have to wait for 15 minutes for people in front of you checking in or out. We came back to the hotel at 2pm and the room was as we left it in the morning...!

• Executive Room Harbour View

The pools in the hotel were not open when we arrived, this was due to the fact that it was considered cold by the hotel ( 22-24 C ) the roof top pool was opened on our last two days along with the sun beds for use.

The staff in the hotel were excellent, and were very helpful

• Comfort Room City View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Swimming pool not heated. City view was of the back of a building and noisy from outside window.

Breakfast really good, room very comfy, easter hamper in room

• Executive Room Harbour View

It was a very big anonymous hotel. The facilities were very good but the staff - rare for Greece - was quite apathetic. They piped some sort of room perfume through the air vents which was horrible. We had to keep our windows open the whole time. The complimentary breakfast, while big and with good variety was of very poor quality - think chain hotel - and much worse than any we had elsewhere on Crete.

• Superior Family Room

The coffee machine is on the top shelf and uf you are not two metets tall you need to stand on a chair to make a cup of coffee. I also prefer better lighting both in the room and in the bathrolm -it's rather dark for for putting make up.

The room was really big. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Great location.Great breakfast. Very nice spa. We came in March and the pools were closed but there was outstanding view from the upper pool to the whole city. Stunning!

• Executive Room Harbour View

Really difficult to park. Ask to go in their small parking! Bar was very cold and empty, the extra money for the view on the seas wasn't worth it! All you can see is some huge ugly boats.

Beautiful bathroom and shower, apart toilet, friendly staf, superb breakfast!

• Executive Room Harbour View

This is a very small gripe: the hotel (probably the entire chain) has an environmental policy re usage of towels, etc, in that if you want them changed, put them in the shower/bath, but if not, the towels won't be changed. We found that no matter what we did, our towels were changed every day. In itself, not a bad thing, but obviously a waste of water when the towels had only been used once.

The staff were very welcoming and always super-helpful. The breakfast delicious and plentiful (and the dinner too). The room was a good size, with an excellent - hot - shower, fridge, great coffee-making machine (lovely coffee), and overall it was perfect for us. Would like to make a special mention re Nikos, front-of house staff, who was really helpful throughout our stay, but on the whole, everyone was very friendly.

• Comfort Room City View Single Use

Uncomfortable seat in bedroom - a little hard on the posterior if you’re working for an hour or more

Exceptional staff Comfy bed Classy toiletries Perfect conference facilities Excellent food / bar Fair prices

• Deluxe Room Harbour View

it would be great if there would be more TV channels in English like Animal planet, Fine Living , FOX maybe....something like that. Too many news channels in English but no entartainment. But it is my personal opinion, not a dislike.

location is just perfect, the best staff, nice food, nice room and bathroom, especialy shower. a perfect stay for winter.

• Superior Family Room

To be honest nothing! We were sick & the weather was cold & rainy but everyone was so amazing it made it all better!!

They let us check in super early as they could tell we were all so sick. At breakfast every morning they brought us hot water, lemon, honey because they knew we were unwell. I came down in my thongs because I was so sore all over from this illness & they let us even though they have dress standards. The location was amazing! The cleaning staff did amazing making us little treats for Christmas Day. On our last breakfast the most beautiful waitress who I will remember her face for the rest of my life made me this pot of herbal tea it was so good! I drank another pot of that tea while out & it made me feel so much better. She was like an angel. After spending Christmas Day in bed so sick unable to eat & barely able to drink these herbs picked us up so we could go out & explore for the last day we were there. This hotel is Devine, the sheets are lovely & the shampoo & conditioner smell Devine. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was beautiful, it was my first meal in nearly a week so I was scared but it was perfect. We loved our stay and can not wait to go back

• Comfort Room City View

Nothing much to say besides both the swimming pools were extremely cold and I didn’t find the rooms that spacious especially with a family.

The food was great , customer Service was perfect . The rooms were clean and lastly the location was few minutes to the town centre which I found helpful especially if you want to walk more .

• Superior Room Harbour View

Very friendly helpful staff. Great breakfast. Evening buffet good value for money. Loved the balcony and harbour view. Very comfy bed. Good bathroom facilities

• Comfort Room City View Single Use

The lobby appears to have no recharging points for laptops or phones, or sockets in general. At this class of hotel, I would expect this to be standard, and in fact this proved inconvenient in my case.

Quality of food and service, wifi signal, decor, security - all top rate. Special coffee maker in room was a nice touch. Room service is reasonably priced and the menu is excellent. Nice toiletries. Location is as good as it gets - 3 minutes' walk to Archaelogical Museum, 5 minutes to key shopping area, 10 minutes' from some of the best eateries, 15 minute taxi ride from the airport.

• Deluxe Room Harbour View

Indoor pool? I don't think so. Both pools very disappointing, if this is a key reason for your stay, think again.

Clean,fresh and modern hotel. Central location, fabulous showers. Staff impeccable.

• Comfort Room City View

laminated floor in bed room should be a good timber carpet in the corridor should be a good stone or a nice carpet they should use the roof top as a resturant

• Superior Family Room

It would have been good if one of the two pools could have been even a bit warmish but that did not impact our stay and our children did venture in the roof pool. We were there at the end of October so I imagine cold pool would be welcome in full Summer.

Our room was fantastic and much more than we expected. Two separate bedrooms! The bedrooms and bathrooms were luxurious. The staff were so helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The roof and pool were amazing as well. Breakfast was included and was of a very good standard. Location is perfect for a short walk to the main central area and is only 15 mins by taxi from the airport. Rooms are well sound proofed so the planes overhead do not bother guests.

• Executive Room Harbour View

It is not the place for disabled people because the pavement to reach the step free access into the hotel is too narrow for a wheel chair and there are no toilets on the ground floor and the lifts don't descend to the basement. So that would mean going up to your room every time you needed to use the toilet for wheel chair users.

The comfortable beds and the sumptuous breakfasts. It has a comfortable lobby lounge.

• Executive Room Harbour View

A modern hotel that was well located. Just up from the port and the main bus station. Also within easy walking distance to the centre of town and aloof the restaurants and sites. My room was large well equipped with all the facilities, good comfortable beds, and a modern walkin bathroom with rain shower. A large balcony with views of the town and the port area with views of the cruise liners. It was located on the fourth floor. There is also a pool on the roof top. Breakfast was one other best in all of my travels on the islands for the last 9 weeks. Great choices that would please every person. I had lazy breakfasts on all the four mornings. A great way to start the day. All staff were all polite and totally professional. It was my second stay at this hotel some two weeks earlier. It was very good value for money and I would came and stay again and recommend it to all.

• Comfort Room City View

Great breakfast with a super variety of fresh fruit/food. Nice staff advise the day tours and request taxi service for airport pickup and to the port. Excellent stay! Highly recommended

• Executive Room Harbour View

Lobby bar not cozy. Bar a little too formal. Seats not comfortable. Tv??? In an upscale place seemed out of place.

A comfortable room. Excellent staff help. No complaints.

• Deluxe Room Harbour View

Breakfast, although a lot of things were on offer, I would have preferred a more "Greek" feel as in cheese pies, spanakopita etc. Instead we got cold croissants and pain au raisin, horrible, horrible eggs! Processed meats and plastic tasting cheese. I didn't end up eating much. Lousy "harbour view" from our room.

Lovely modern, clean hotel with the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in - and that includes at home! Nice fruit selection for breakfast.

• Business Room City View

Room for the first night (business) was not that inviting. Extremely strong note of a female´s perfume in the room. Unpleasant smell.

Booked into a different room for the second night - Deluxe (was given Nr. 525). The room was fantastic, extremely comfortable with stylish design. Just great! With all amenities you can think of. Great breakfast!

• Executive Room Harbour View

A well located modern hotel that is located in the old part of town and a short walk from the Archaeological museum. A short walk down to the main bus station and the port area. My room was big comfortable and with its full width balcony and with views of the city and the port area. The beds were super comfortable with your choice of pillow comfort. The bathrooms were all large, modern anda huge shower area. All the staff were professional and helpfull and eager to please. The breakfast room was stylish and the choice for breakfast was amazing. More than enough choices and for even the most fussy. A very good quality hotel that I found to be of very good value for money. I would recommend to all. I am also staying for another 4 nights again after my 3 week stay on Crete. I will then head onto Santorini.

• Executive Room Harbour View

What terrible noise in Heraklion due to the nearby airport, each single time a plane departs or lands you hear the loud sound even with windows closed! The only day that we were fully there the swimming pool of the hotel was not open for guests, due to the filming of a video. Shame as it was the main reason why we booked the hotel :( The nearby streets at night were full with teenage gangs. And the view from our room was not nice, being on the second floor.

The breakfast was amazing, yum yum!!! And the hotel interior design was lovely. The products from Apivita, toiletry in the bathroom are locally produced, and paraben free, much appreciated :)

• Executive Room Harbour View

Wardrobe is dusty, under the bed is full of dust. The personnel from reception is not always as expected in a 5 star hotel.

The bed and bathroom is very good, the food from restaurant is very tasty and have very many options. Near to the old center. The personnel from restaurant is very pleasant. Good wifi.

• Deluxe Room Harbour View

As situated with view of harbour (port) pretty loud during the night when balcony doors are kept open. But this is really the only thing I did not like.

Excellent service (reception desk+breakfast room). Very somfortable room (I had Executive + Deluxe harbour view). Even had an upgrade for the last night! Room with all amenities you can think of. Open plan bathroom in the deluxe room! Bed is big & comfy!! Very soundproof from the inside (no neighbours´ noises to be heard.

• Comfort Room City View

The top roof is a great place to enjoy the sunrise, but in the morning when I went there I found the left is unstop in 6th, the stairs was locked, it's really sad.

• Comfort Room City View

i didn't like that had to down stairs call three down to tell them the ac don't work they told me it will turn on. and it didn't.i was hot all night

• Business Room City View

Clean spacious rooms. Excellent breakfast and very friendly staff. 3 minute walk from the city center that is filled with restaurants and shops. Would definitely stay here again!

• Comfort Room City View

I don't know how they pass this hotel as a 5-star hotel. I would give it 3 stars at best. Air conditioning did not work so slept with a fan the first night (got a refund for this night after a long heated discussion). The bed is very small , you can barely turn. The gym is basically a room the size of a bathroom with a bunch of cables, its a joke. The pools are basicallt two big bath tubs. Horrible value for the money. You are better off getting something on Airbnb for 10% of the price. I would never come to this hotel again. The building and staff are fancy but that does not matter when the facilities are crap.

Breakfast was nice, many options, close walk to central Heraklion.

nothing really :)

Location is very good,- walking distance to the city center and port Room was big, very nice and clean, special arrangements were made for us in the room which was really lovely. Staff at the reception were very helpful Breakfast buffet is very good

• Business Room City View

Crowded industrial Hotel but the staff is great and the breakfast is even better. Its a great place to stay if you get into Crete late in the evening.

Very crowded and somewhat noisy, but what do you expect. We should have asked for a room on a higher floor and away from the elevator. Novice mistake

• Comfort Room City View

The rooms are not very big. The breakfast variety is rather large but the quality of ingredients is industrial, not the best of what Crete has to offer. The outdoor breakfast area is rather a smoker's breakfast area. The air conditioning in the common areas is not sufficient. Elevators are slow.

Overall comfortable hotel, clean and quiet with good quality of service, 2 swimming pools, including one on the roof, massage service available.

• Deluxe Room Harbour View

The lighting in the room was cold and blue. The room was noisy due to ships coming and going in the harbour almost all night (it was a saturday to sunday stay)

Very comfortable bed, good view of the eastern part of the city

• Executive Room Harbour View

Parking was available but limited.

Easy walking distance to the centre with lots of shops, bars & restaurants. Close to the museum & other interesting sites.

• Comfort Room City View Single Use

WiFi signal in my room was poor and I had trouble using the internet on my laptop. Probably this was a problem of my room since it was the last of the corridor.

The Hotel location is perfect, the breakfast is excellent and the room was clean and comfortable. Amazing swimming pool on the roof and a small but nice fitness center.

• Comfort Room City View

It was very hot outside and the air conditioning only worked at 24°C, so the room was either freezing (when the a/c was on) or super hot (with the a/c turned off). The sink looked wonderful but it was not very practical and it leaked: every day we found our towels (stored in a shelf below the sink's pipes) were wet. The toilet roll holder wasn't tightly attached to the wall and it slanted to one side every time the toilet paper was handled; also, there was no fan in the toilet. One of the bedside reading lights did not work. Both the swimming pools were tiny and their water was freezing. My card was charged the amount of the first night's stay in advance of our stay, I do not know if that's the standard hotel policy but I did not find that too pleasing. One night we found one of our corridor's led lights was hanging from the ceiling. All in all we did enjoy our stay at Aquila Atlantis, but we felt there is much room for improvement for the hotel to truly deserve its 5* rating.

The staff was kind and helpful, always professional and courteous. We did not have to wait for check-in. The shower was amazing and spacious and had a very nice water pressure. We were upgraded from a comfort room to an executive room with view over the harbour (even if, being on the first floor, we could only see a tiny part of it from our balcony). The room was big and the bed was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was varied and for the most part delicious. The lobby has a fantastic floor and bar area and is located in a convenient area, away from the noisy centre but within walking distance from it and its amenities. The taxi to the airport is 10 euros.

• Superior Family Room

Not many local restaurants to choose from in walking distance unless you want a kebab. The balconies had a 20cm gap from the floor to the safety wall so any young babies or toddlers could fall from the balcony very easily. Our youngest was 5 so this was t a problem.

Friendly staff, good clean facilities. Bathroom was very good with a separate rainfall shower and very large jacuzzi bath. Breakfast also of a good quality.

• Executive Room Harbour View

Check in receptionist very formal, though the porter was pleasant. Very steep unexpected climb with my case up to the hotel, up steps from the bus station and then a hill. I got a taxi down in the morning for six euros but it was worth it even though it was only a ten minute walk as my case was quite heavy.Morning reception staff v pleasant.

Near the port, it looked lovely and luxurious on the website. Lovely room and spotless. Pool area on the top floor was great. booked a harbour view and expected same but which turned out to be of the industrial looking harbour to my left with cranes, and the city ahead of me.However by late evening if I actually stood on the balcony I could see lots of comings and goings of the ferries which was what I'd hoped for.

• Comfort Room City View

We stayed at this hotel with our family and had 3 rooms. The room size is quiet small. The pools are almost non existent they are very tiny. Even though it is advertised with car park there is a very small car park with approx 10 spaces too small for the entire hotel. We booked a double bed and a bunk bed online when arrived were told there is no bunk beds and they gave us a fold out bed on which we couldnt sleep. Was extremely uncomfortable. The hotel also charged 60 euro more than when i booked.

The staff wete overall very pleasant abd professional, always smiling and happy to assist how they cab. Housekeeping ladies were very friendly. Hotel was clean and location perfect close to everything and at the same time quiet and peaceful.

• Superior Family Room

Dining room a bit noisy but otherwise good food.

Very helpful staff - very good recommendation of a seafood restaurant. Excellent housekeeping assistance when son sick. Good location, close to ferry, easy to get to knossos by car and walking distance to heraklion old town(very nice)

• Executive Room Harbour View

A/C kept switching itself off at night so having to get up when it got hot to turn it back on wasn't good No shade by rooftops pool and no service either

Good comfy beds, great location, could walk to most things Really nice modern bathroom

• Business Room City View

The owner/manager of the hotel is very rude person. Likely for him, his staff is better then him.

The location is perfect! Near the shopping street and a walking distance from everything . Very good breakfast.

• Comfort Room City View

The staff was not nice and the pictures shown on the booking.com website were completely off from what we received at the site. And while speaking to booking.com's customer service as forced by the hotel we were charged with a 800 euro bill :).

The cleaning ladies were very nice and that was about it.

• Comfort Room City View

We booked for 3 children but only 2 beds in their room. But when we arrived at midnight, the night porter did his best to find a bed quickly and make us comfortable

Fantastic breakfast. Nice and helpful staff

• Superior Family Room

Not suitable for children. There are 2 very small pools and both times we were asked to be quiet. Our children were not even yelling just having a few laughs. On one occasion, someone who appeared to work there though we are not sure ( he did come out of the conference room) rudely asked us to be quiet as people are sleeping and there have been complaints. This was at approximately 2 pm. The slightest bit of sound echoes through the hotel it seems.

Great location, clean, staff helpful and friendly

• Comfort Room City View

We had two rooms and the air conditioning in one of the rooms wasn't quite as good as the other. Everything else was excellent.

Stayed one night at Aquila Atlantis and it did not disappoint. Staff were both very professional, helpful and most importantly friendly especially the lady in charge of the bar area. Nothing was too much trouble. We only spent one night, but ate all of our meals here, including a late lunch in the bar. The food was good variety (buffet) and quality both dinner and breakfast. Beds and pillow selection good. Pool area was nice and offered some protection from the wind. Good views from the roof of the port area. Hotel close to the museum and port. We travelled by car and found a free spot to park in the street right around the corner from the hotel so didn't ask if there was any specific parking for the hotel.

• Executive Room Harbour View

Big hotel so you don't get the personalised service, restaurant can get busy

Close to Museum, great bed and shower, easy to get a taxi through the reception. Food was quite good too.

• Superior Family Room

The parking area holds around 10 cars, so is not sufficient for all guests. Street parking is scarce and the hotel is on a series of one-way streets.

This is a convenient and comfortable option.

• Superior Room Harbour View

Swimming pool on roof is really small. No chance of any sort of a swim and four people made anything other than standing in the wTer impossible. Mini bar very, very expensive. Great that eggs are cooked to order for breakfast but so slowly that the rest of the food was cold by the time they were ready.

Lovely room with excellent shower, super comfy bed and quiet, efficient air con, (thank goodness, it was really very hot when we were there). Nice to have a balcony despite hotel being under the flight path from Heraklion airport. Really friendly and helpful staff - great customer service ethic.

• Superior Family Room

The cleanliness, housekeeping, bad sockets in the room for charging, low room lighting.

The Location and Breakfast, Amazing and very spacious Family Room at a competitive rate.

• Executive Room Harbour View

Almost no wifi in our room. Low wifi in breakfast area. No A/C in corridors (it was hot!). Bartender was grumpy and unfriendly. The hotel parking was full so reception advised us to park at a parking 500 m away for a lower price arranged by the hotel.

Room good. Breakfast had big variety. Bar next to lobby big and beautiful. Pretty close to old city shops and restaurants. Reception staff, lobby staff very professional and friendly. Breakfast staff also very kind and helpful.

• Executive Room Harbour View

As there were 3 of us there had to be a stretcher bed. The stretcher bed or fold up bed was very old, wasn't set up properly and collapsed when the allocated person (smallest) sat on it. Very poor and therefore not such a good recommendation. If you cant house 3 people you need to say so, we should not have been charged and if we'd know we would have stayed elsewhere, there are plenty of other better places!!!

Nice twin beds

• Executive Room Harbour View

The extra bed was too small for our son 17 years old...

Friendly, helpful, professional staff. Perfect location : very close to tavernas, the port, archiological museum and bus stop to Knossos. New, clean and spacious apartment with a large terrace, fantastic bathroom. Very good breakfast, nice pools ! Acceptable WiFi.