Reviews of Balasca Hotel 3 stars

6.2

5.7

5.7

Free car park on-site.

Bad WiFi. Humidity in the room, because the ventilation system goes off when you remove the key from the room. The noise of the ventilation system, because only level ‘high’ did work. The noise of the cars (first floor).

Free car park on-site. 24/7 reception. Friendly staff.

Horrible hotel with bad location and rude staff

Hotel staff was so inhospitable and rude, they didn’t even say welcome when we arrived and when we wanted to ask them something they reprimanded like we are enemies of them. It was such a bad attitude. The location of the hotel was unsafe. There was broken glass in the main door of the hotel, which gave bad and unsafe feelings once we entered. They said there is a parking area in the hotel, which was one of the reasons when we chose this hotel but it wasn’t convenient at all. We needed to move our car a couple of times even in the evening and we didn’t feel safe for our car and ourselves in this neighbourhood and hotel. We couldn’t slept at all. Cleaning was also doubtful, we really felt uncomfortable for everything in the hotel, even for lifts. We don’t recommend this hotel to anyone, it was a disaster!

Not a good experience, whole place needs to be refurbished

Very old, rooms outdated not even a chair to sit on, they gave us a room with 3 single beds, and there was no room to move , morning shift man receptionist not friendly and charged us extra to check in little bit earlier.

The night shif man receptionist was very helpful and friendly , our only good experience.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Good hotel just for spend the night and be ready to see historical places. Not good for walk around

The ugly part: Some persons from staff are not so cooperative (just one guy, who make the night turn), the neighborhood back from the hotel are not so safe to walk. Overall, I think it is good if you can this hotel for cheap. Recommended.

When I got there, there wasn't any double room available (Despite the fact I booked a double room). Things aside, the hotel is very old, but the staff tries to keep it neat. The best things about the hotel are: The breakfast (it was included, and also it was a buffet), the location (very near the center and historical places, and very close to Omonia and Victoria metro stations).

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Our staying was good, room was comfortable, the view from...

Our staying was good, room was comfortable, the view from the 6th floor was magnificent. The breakfast was very good! Hotel is not far from the Larissa station and the National Archaeological Museum is also in walking distance. I really don´t understand the low rating, the hotel was good and I think the area is not really beautiful but it is safe.

Noisy but convenient for train station
    • Standard Single Room

- Very Noisy! Cant sleep at night - room close to elevator so you hear the noise and you hear the noise from close rooms and tap

- very close to train station so it is convenient

A Cheap place

The neighborhood isn´t very friendly. The Hotel is far from the city center. The bathroom is dirty and uncomfortable. The room has a dirty carpet on all the floor... awful. I never walked barefoot.

It´s a cheap place to stay and you have a metro near the Hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Hotel for few days

If you dont really feel comfortable in a multicultural (lot of migrants), kind of old and dirty area, then this accomodation is not for you. We tried to be back at the hotel before sunset every day and in the morning hours was my purse almost stolen from my backpack by two migrants by getting on a metro. So watch out and take care! The hotel itself was oldfashioned, the breakfast for a few days ok, but it could become boring, we just spent two days there, but I am going to choose an other hotel next time for sure.

The hotel was really cheap, breakfast okay. If you are on a budget and you want to spend few days close to the city center, this hotel is good for you. We had a room on the 7th floor (711) and the view of the Acropolis was amazing at night.

HORRIBLE!!!!
    • Quadruple Room

When I arrived at the hotel around 1 am, I was in an area that seemed dangerous. Then we got to the front door and there were like 3 marks of gun bullets in the glass door so it scared us. The man who attended us at the reception was very serious and with face of few friends. We asked for a room of 4 and when we entered the room they had put a bed that looks like a jail bed, dirty mattresses, sheets were bloody. IF it was not because we were scared and it was 2 am we were changing hotels. We waited until dawn, we had breakfast, we asked for the refund of the money of the second night that we paid in advance but they did not want to return us. I would never go back to this horrible place.

The breakfast was ok.

My experience at your hotel

I booked on the internet for a €27 room on the internet and did see breakfast was on it but when I woke up in the morning I was told breakfast wasn't included on my booking, too bad. Also its summer why can't I turn the lights off at night and have the air conditioning on when I want to sleep? Not nice to have the lights on when u don't need it

I like the cleanliness, polite staffs.

Very convenient.

There was a problem in the bathroom's floor. Water was leaking out of its tiles.

The position was really perfect. Very close to the train station and to the underground. It is also very close to the New National Archaeological Museum of Athens.

U should learn staff how to use extranet!

U should learn staff how to use extranet!!!! We made reservation 20 min before arrival and the men on the reception coulden’t log in to the extranet !!!! 3 stars hotel !!!! Our checkin during 45 min !!!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Pleasant 2 nights stay

About hotel nothing special, except, there is a lot of migrants all around and smashed automatic front glass door (entrance-4 big holes on door)with the rock (stone) by some guy after few people get fight in front of the hotel (recepcionist said so). We was going to walk during the day, so we didn't have any problem, something like Zombie war :). Come back to room before night :). Can be tricky for a parking...

Room 510 - Clean room, clean bathroom, ok breakfast, ac works fine, good wi-fi reception, balkony, it has everything that normal person who came to visit the city can wish for a very good price indeed , pay attention, i said NORMAL PERSON!

Very rude and unfriendly staff.

Very rude and unfriendly staff. Rooms were filthy and lights did not work staff not intrested in any complaints. Unwelcome from the moment we walked in. Faulty towers would have been better

budget hotel with required facilities

nothing except the TV channels was limited no satellite or kids channel, the boy in the reception was strange,

The hotel is old fashioned but it is ok relative to the money, staff are friendly especially the girl there but a boy in the reception wasn't good, very good location, standard breakfast, clean hotel

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

perfect for low price short stay

Location wasn’t great and rooms are definitely a bit dated, small bathroom and shower unit.

It was what we required for a two night stay. Basic but clean and great value for money

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Decent. Comfortable.
    • Standard Triple Room

The breakfast was terrible. Avoid. Go to one of the local cafes or a taxi ride to one which doesn’t take long or cost that much. The rooms could have been better cleaned, we were there for 7 days and bed sheets could have been changed. However, it’s a really good deal if you need somewhere to stay and spend money on travel and sight seeing.

It’s a budget hotel so expect that. Reasonably good beds and bathroom with hot water. Convenient to get to attractions.

I had an average experience with no big complains or WOW moments

The "double-bed room" had a queen size bed and a single bed. The room service was not decent.

The staff was friendly and the check-in process was fast. I requested a high-floor room and I got it.

Decent breakfast and surprisingly good water pressure in the...
    • Quadruple Room

I booked a 4 person room and I got a double where they crammed 4 beds. There was no space left in the room. The bathroom is really small. The balcony was dirty. Staff bored and unfriendly. I was handed a remote control for the tv at the reception with no batteries in it. There is no parking, just some space on the side walk in front of the hotel. In a nutshell, one of the worst touristic experiences.

Decent breakfast and surprisingly good water pressure in the shower.

The room was way dated and smelled I was say because of the...

The room was way dated and smelled I was say because of the old carpet. I request a double for my partner and I. They told us we only have singles left. The bed were extremely uncomfortable. The shower is just a hand held.

Needed complete renovation
    • Standard Single Room

By no mean this no 3 star hotel....maybe in different country.....1 star or less ...clean. Yes .beds are bad I mean bad .bathroom are old .no shower cartens. No safe deposit box in the room .no safe entery to your room .old key system.old 13 inch tv with no remmote..the whole place need a deep renovation.the only good thing there is the camel recpastint Christiana.

Deep remodel .renovation

Basic and tired which is how we felt after a night here.
    • Quadruple Room

The hotel is very dated and not as clean as I expected and the air con didn't work very well, the day porter was ok but not as friendly as our welcome. the location was not brilliant and the night porter insisted that we made sure nothing was left in the hire car overnight as he said the windows would be smashed.

The welcome on arrival was very helpful and we were allowed to park in front of the hotel but this was more luck than anything as there weren't many spaces.

Conditioner is very good.

The bath is very small. Wi fi is weak.

Conditioner is very good. Very safe area. Breakfast is enough with vegetables, fruits, cheese, olives, jam, cakes, croissants, bread, watermelon, eggs, sausages etc. Close to metro station Larissa, with direct red line to the city center. The room is cleaned every day.

We were 4 people and the quadruple room was so small we...
    • Quadruple Room

We were 4 people and the quadruple room was so small we could not even move around.One of the beds is not even a bed .Bathroomwas bad and the AC was not even working .TV was like 12 inch tv and funny thing is it has a lock .Area around the hotel looked bad .I would not recommend for family.

Good breakfast.

Good breakfast. Place looks really old and outdated but gets cleaned properly. AC works very well and depending on your room you have a nice view from the balcony, as you are the tallest building in the area.

If you would like to make a journey to Athens and save money, think over the stay in this hotel.

I am not able to say anything agains the hotel. My expectation have fully met and even a little bit exceeded.

In my experience, the hotel exceeds expectation as 3*. Lobby downstairs looks like borrowed from 4* property at least. Restaurant shows great service and provides pretty tasty meals, my girlfriend and I enjoyed with that. Hotel's staff have been quite friendly and helpful. Just one thing that must be taken in consideration by traveller is the district. That's crowded with immigrants from Asia and Africa, so it's useful to be highly careful with walking in the streets there. But I think it's fully compensated by hotel's rates and nearest laying Athens' historical artifacts. Acropolis... Parthenon, Odeon's Theater and so on....

• Standard Single Room

TV didn't work and nothing was done about it. Noise throughout the night as other guests book in and/or return back to their rooms. No shelves in cupboard. Cold water hardly sufficient from wash basin tap.

Not worth the money. Very old, not clean enough and not well located. Wouldn´t go there again!

The hotel, its rooms and the furniture are very old, maybe that is also the reason why it does not look clean at all. Especially the bathroom was terrible, with the shower curtain disgustingly dirty and sticky. There was a blood on one of the bed sheets, the wardrobe could not been even used as the bed was covering the wardrobe doors. The air conditioner was not working at all, so it was very hot in the room everyday from 8 AM. Breakfasts were really poor, offering absolutely no vegetable or fresh fruits, there was always either coffee, tea cups or water missing. The location was not that good either, the historical monuments are kind of far away to walk, so we were using metro to go everywhere. There is nothing around the hotel, just 2 or 3 restaurants / caffes. The advertised view on the Acropolis is available only from a few rooms - if you are lucky. I would not recommend this place at all, as it is not worth the money. The Hotel urgently needs to be renovated. Moreover, the staff was ignorant, had not even replied my emails before our arrival. They even took money from my credit card for the first night before our arrival to the hotel and even without informing me or asking me for permission - even though it should have been paid upon arrival!

On our last day, the receptionist allowed us to make our check-out 2 hours later. However, there is nothing else positive I could say about that place.

The concierge, Manus or Manos, on the second day was very...
    • Standard Single Room

Needed a cab to most sites and places. Not quite many stores in the area. Location seemed safe considering the police station nearby.

The concierge, Manus or Manos, on the second day was very humble and nice. The property itself was clean and decent but old and kinda poor. It worth its value. You get what you pay for. Not a walking distance to major locations.

Loved the sites and the museums, hated the town.

The air conditioning did not work in the first room, which was changed as soon as we asked for it. I also did not like the fact that they allowed smoking in room (although there is a balcony at every room) and that left a unpleasant smell.

The hotel is old but well maintained. Good breakfast. Easy to reach tourist attractions.

You get what you pay for.

Air conditioning was very poor, and the building was very hot. Also I don't recall ever being denied hot water for a thermos before!

breakfast was ok. close to metro and railway station. It is an old hotel in need of a revamp. Room was clean except for old carpet. Shower very small with curtain. They checked us in an hour early which was appreciated.

poor hotel that needs gutting and starting again

the location is poor - good walk away from centre and not a nice area (not dangerous, just not nice, although there is a Novotel down the road which also seems out of place for the area), the rooms are dated and loud (air con, lifts, other guests). It seems the kind of place one would bring a hooker... The beds are uncomfortable and not clean (my pillow had a stain). Breakfast was awful although I did get there 15mins before it shut - but food was horrible

at the time of booking, the price. Going down the road to Novotel for a drink at rooftop bar and you can pay 10 euros to use their pool too.

Close to the train station

Management refused to let us use the air conditioning so the room was very hot and stuffy. We were told to open the window but the noise from traffic was unbearable. Definitely not a 3 star hotel 1 and a half at most.

Close to the train station

Tiny outdated dirty room, ac was not functioning, wardrobe...
    • Standard Triple Room

Tiny outdated dirty room, ac was not functioning, wardrobe would not open and all that in a ridiculously expensive price. Needs serious work to justify 3-star

Fair for a 2-star hotel.

Space available for shower (minute); No lock on the door; No “Do Not Disturb” sign; A/C was not working.

The view from the 07th floor was amazing!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Would not choose this hotel again

Although a budget hotel it needs refurbishing. Carpets not clean, bathrooms old and not particularly clean, rips in upholstery of chair ..

on the plus side, the bed was comfortable

Cheap & old but OK

A little bit noise. The staff should keep smile. They look bored. The lift is small for a couple and a baby trolley.

I don't know why people rate this hotel low. It looks normal to me. Cheap price, good location (center, only 300m to the train and metro station, bus 20m). A little bit old but facilities are OK.

Our stay was not comfortable.
    • Quadruple Room

Our stay was not comfortable. Even though balasca is rated as 3 star it cannot be compared with a 3 star hotel. The air conditioning was not working on the first night so we opened the balcony unfortunately it was very noisy as we were on the 1st floor.We had a sleepless night. Informed regarding the same to the reception staff next morning they said they can move us to another room. When we came back in the evening we were moved to a room on 7th floor, again same situation air conditioning was not working so had to keep the balcony dpor open. Luckily noise level was low as we were on the 7th floor. We did not bother to inform the staff as by then we had realised the hotel had a air conditioning problem It was not working properly.The cleaning was also not upto the mark. It was untidy when we came back. Overall an unsatisfactory stay. Wouldn't recommend to any one as 3 star.

Very hot room. Air conditioning turned off to save money. Wasn't turned on when asked for. Two nights no sleep due to heat. Stale croissants for breakfast

They should’ve paid me to stay

We got two different rooms at different times and both times the rooms didn’t have a working AC/Heater..We were frozen all night and so tired that we didn’t even have enough energy to go downstairs. Horrible experience! Oh and there was also a hooker outside with her legs wide open and no underwear sitting exactly next to the front entrance of the hotel when we first arrived with our luggage and our dog. Crazy experience at this hotel.

Probably...nothing!!! Seriously.

It was cheap and as long as toy are out for the day, it was OK.
    • Standard Single Room

Bar and restaurant was shut, the hotel is a mixed smoking and the room smelt of old smoke. It was noisy at times. I would not book again. I recommend that you spend a bit more and get a hotel that opens the facility's that it advertises.

A very cheap hotel, so I cant complain. The location was good. Had some good Taverns close by.

Passable (just).
    • Standard Single Room

It is a old hotel and the rooms are run-down. The street outside is extremely noisy. Most of the hotel smells like cigarettes.

The hotel is located within walking distance of Athens main train station and has metro options as well. The breakfast is reasonable. The rooms have the basics.

Dont stay here!!!! Disgusting place!!!! Awefull atention!!!!!

Dont stay here!!!! THE TROW US 3 IN A DOUBLE BED!!! I HAD RESERVATED MONTHS BEFORE AND THEY CHARGED ME FULL PRICE!!!! DISGUSTING PLACE!!!! FILLED WITH ADOLECENTS, SCREAMS TILL 4AM AND NOBODY DID ANYTHING!!! WE ASKED FOR SILENCE, THEY SAID WE CANT DO NOTHING!!! AND WE WHERE 3 ADULTS IN A DOUBLEM BED BECAUSE THEIR MIX UP!!!!

Dont stay here!!!! THE RESERVATION WASENT KEPT!!! AWEFULL

won't stay there again
    • Standard Single Room

the room wasn't cleaned the building was very old and desperately needs a renovation they have already charged me for a night through my card by the time I got there! although the aggreemement was to pay on arrival the walls were too thin!

the only plus thing was it's location near the metro station and bus stops

Good
    • Standard Triple Room

The building was quite old and the bathroom was not renovated so It didn't look that clean. The quality of the wifi was poor

The location. Good value for money

Horrible experience
    • Standard Single Room

If you are a non smoker and want to have a clean room , stay away from this place . The whole place and all the rooms smell of sigarette smoke. Rooms are dirty and disgusting .

probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in

The place was filthy, the room was tiny, the bathroom was a joke, the aircon was so loud you either roasted or kept awake. The surroundings of the hotel were dirty, many people on the street begging for money. Would never stay there again.

Disappointing and would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

The room was ridiculously small. My wife had to move out onto a small balcony so I could bring our 2 suitcases into the room. The bathroom was tidy, dated and smelt musty. The man on the front desk wasn't helpful when we asked about a better room so we didn't stay there. Very disappointing to travel so far and receive so little assistance.

It was really cheap, so I was afraid, but much better than...
    • Standard Triple Room

Room is very small. we were 3, and not easy to to pack, and move there. A chair on the balcony would be nice. We arrived late night, and the light in the bathroom went out. I was told someone will fix it in the morning. We were hoping for really morning, not during the day, when we leave the room, because 3 of us in a tiny room with shower or toilet issues and a door open to see something is not nice. I told the reception 2x in the morning even before we left the room. Housekeeper should have good eyes in the dark, because she could clean it without light... When we arrived home late night we had to ask for the change again when it was done.

It was really cheap, so I was afraid, but much better than expected. Very good breakfast, comfy bed, clean. Every room ha a balcony. Nice view from there. close to metro and train station. Supermarket nearby.

not necessary
    • Standard Single Room

they took the first nights money from my credit card and it was suprised to me. because they says 'guarantee will not be taken' at booking com! I wasn't necessary really. I made a reservation for 4 nights! And this massage is for all staff of Balasca ; learn to be friendly please.

nothing.

Location was fairy close to key points of transportation.
    • Quadruple Room

Four beds were jammed in a room that was small even for two. The neighborhood was dirty and raising some possible questions regarding safety.

Location was fairy close to key points of transportation.

No way to manage aircon in the room, walls very thin so could hear everything from people taking the stairs to people taking showers in other rooms

Location was great for access to the main train station

Old fashion room but very good value for money

The room has old fashion furniture, old generation television and moquette that does not seem that clean.

The hotel is the perfect location if you need to stay close to Larissa Station (Athens Central Station). The staff is kind and very helpful.

You get what you pay for. You can walk to the center, but i think you would end up taking an uber
    • Standard Single Room

Very slow wifi... i used my data instead. Shower was too small. I feel the facilities are so old - especially the bedsheets and blanket.

It has buffet bfast which was ample. It was relatively cheap.

Breakfast, luxurious room at 7th floor, price

Bad Location (close to the station but also close to bad neighborhood such as Omonia. I suggest to take the subway from Larissa station to move to other parts of the city.

Breakfast, luxurious room at 7th floor, price

Very clean and comfortable.
    • Standard Single Room

Location isn't the best. Migrants around the area, even though I never had a bad experience with them, it looks a little bit like slummy. But the hotel is nice.

Very clean and comfortable. I was here for 8 days and I was happy to come back to my room at the end of the day. Air con is great! The shower and toilet were always cleaned nicely, as was the rest of the room. TV with occasional American films on. There was also an elevator and it's a 5 min walk from the Larissa metro station

Terrible.

We were a family of four plus a friend and booked two rooms. They gave away one of the rooms without calling us, because we arrived 15 minutes later than the time frame we mentioned. So they squeezed the five of us in a room for three, but we payed both of the rooms and they didn't want to refund us. So either we accepted one room in the hotel and another in a farther one, or go and find another hotel (late at night, with two young children). Something that looked like pubic hair on a pillow should tell everything about cleanliness. I haven't took a picture of it because my folks would have preferred to sleep in the car. I have nothing to say about breakfast, cause we left at 6 am. So not only I do not recommend the hotel, I say please don't go there if you don't want to ruin your holiday.

Nothing. Big dislike.

Not the best hotel even if the price is cheap

The breakfast is not amazing and a fresh juice would be great but not during our stay. If you just want do a passage to Athens why not, but I will not recommend it to my friends. Our second reservation was canceled, and the hotel did not contact us. We found it when we received the booking notification, and they already took another guest, so we change hotels.

This hotel is not the best hotel in Athens, but we had to stay near the bus station and the price for one night was interesting. this is a 70's hotel, not renew for what I saw, the beds are comfortable and the room was clean.

The breakfast was good value.

The reception staff are incredibly rude, the room has central air-con which made lots of noise all night preventing me from sleeping.

The breakfast was good value.

You get what you pay for, fair and square.

The area around is a bit unnerving at certain times of the day, but nothing terrible. Their car park is a big piece of street pavement rather than enclosed property, but I wouldn't be telling the truth if I said they didn't do their best to accomodate us.

Reasonably centric location (20 minute walk to Plaka, 5 minute walk to archaeological museum), great AC, good facilities, nice staff. We stayed the first and last nights of our 10 day trip to Greece and it gave us exactly what we asked for.

Low Price, But Not choosing for a second time

Small room, moquette everywhere, neighborhood looking Not safe in the evening-night. Shady faces in the street. No restaurant in the area, just a coffe in front of the hotel and a cheap and good gyros near the entrance of the metrostation, better have dinner before coming back to hotel for the night! Only 1 plug to charge telephones in the room. We arrived at midnight and room we booked will be avalaible the Next day so They take us to another hotel for that night (there was at least another couple in the same situation) But no refound offered for that first night.

Low Price, helpfull recepionist guy, the breakfast is enough to skip Lunch. Very Close to Larissa metro station.

Fair value for money
    • Standard Single Room

Breakfast was rather poor, would recommend having breakfast out. Loud centralized air-conditioner.

An old-school hotel, however well maintained and very clean. Location is not bad, not exactly central but urban hotspots reachable on foot (half hour-ish) or metro (10min).

Rundown territory, our car was hacked at the hotel's...
    • Quadruple Room

Rundown territory, our car was hacked at the hotel's street. No free parking places at the hotel! They have got about 8 places and ~40 guests with cars. With car you should park in a parking building. You have to pay in advance. Other cases you may disclaim when you see the room... Cheap hotel, with low standards.

Not in a good Area
    • Standard Single Room

Really uncomfortable was the rooms big ventilation shaft where you could possibly Go inside.... If you accidentally go to the Part omonia which is very close, you see an uncomfortable area with prostitutes and low social standards, not nice if you go their by accident in the evening. I really do not recommend that area and refer to Plaka, Monastiraki or syntagma.If you don't have a problem with that it will be fine.

Generally cheap price - appropriate for the location

Very old looking hotel.
    • Standard Single Room

The hotel is very very old and the facilities look really old. The TV looks exactly like this 📺, there is no tea making facility. Breakfast is very basic with no choices for vegetarian diet.

The fact that the hotel had a balcony was nice.

Good breakfast!

The hotel is older but have free parking place metro station is nearby and 2-3 stops from center

The breakfast was delicious!! We are coming here only for food you can find

Close to metro station,24hr check in desk

We arrived at 3am, no room available we were taken to another hotel after 30mins wait. The following day we waited again for them to return us to the hotel. No compensation was offered for the inconvenience. No kettle Only one outlet to charge electronics and it was it in the passage way, far from the bed. Very inconvenient for us to charge both phones, laptops and tablets. The key must be inserted into a slot to activate electricity in the room, therefore we could not leave electronic devices to charge while we are out, given that we had only one outlet

Close to metro station,24hr check in desk

Stay away from this place. Rude staff. Dirty. Worse hotel ever

As above; Dirty Mouldy Staff rude Air con barely working Do not eat brekfast its disgusting old bread and flies everywhere

We arrived at 1am and was told hotel over booked They took us to another hotel for 1 night which was in doggy neighbourhood 15min drive away. Staff rude and not caring ar all Brekfast disgusting bread was few days old. Dirty and mouldy Do not stay there

Worst experience I ever had in Athens, staying there for few hours in the night!Non safe area!
    • Quadruple Room

Private parking wasn't a reality as it was written as a hotel service. This was the reason we booked this hotel. Instead we parked by hotel side, in the road, and the car window was broken at the night and we lost some of our things that no one could see! Notice that we only stayed there for the night...we were leaving early in the morning!That scene was shocking! Rooms carpets smells badly! Non comfortable beds!

Very good but the air condition is really noisome.
    • Standard Triple Room

We requested the non-smoking room. The room really didn't stink but after turning on air-conditioning it turned out that its filter is filled by burned tobacco particles so working air condition stinks of tobacco. And the single serious problem of this hotel - working, but very loudly humming air condition (even at minimum level). The modern split air condition would be much better and far more comfortable. At this hotel air condition is a must at any season - you definitely could not sleep with the open door because of very noisome traffic.

The location of hotel is rather good - 5 minutes of slow walking to Larissa station (joint station for trains and metro), 10-15 minutes walking to Omonia, 10 minutes to National Archeological Museum. The room was very clean and spacious enough for 3 persons, the beds were cozy, the breakfast was very hearty (although no porridge or cream of rice). The free parking is a good bonus although in walking distance are a lot of paid parking with the charge of 5e/day.

functional

The room was small, cramped and we looked out onto a horrible view of wall. No breakfast was included. The receptionist was busy but I still felt pretty abrupt and made us stand waiting for a while. A smile would have softened having to wait.

We stayed here in a brief overnight. We paid €32 I think and so it was ok. The room was quite clean.

Good location.
    • Quadruple Room

Frightening streets around the hotel. The parking place is small, you have to leave the car key at reception. If you don't book with breakfast, it can be expensive to book there but are lots of cofees on the street.

Good location. Very small, but clean room, bit old everything.

close to metro and bus stations

Female receptionist can at least lift her head to acknowledge customers, we have stayed there 3 times and each occasion we were standing there for minutes till she finished what appeared to be personal phone calls!

close to metro and bus stations

NOT recommended?
    • Standard Single Room

All things are very old in the rooms. The biggest problem is air conditioner! It is not efficient and smells bad in the room. Room cleaning is not enough. The guy in the reception who gave me the keys is surly. I didn't like his behaviours as a guest..

Mixed feelings at best.

Breakfast is very basic and, in all honesty, not good at all. Even though it was included in the price, the offerings were not valuable enough for us, and we decided to have breakfast elsewhere. The hotel is also some sort of long-term place for people, so we encountered some folks that appeared to be a bit shady. Rooms are old and in need of some repairs (specially the carpet on the floor), AC works but won't get really cold and the shower that we got was not fixed on the wall, so we couldn't get a "from top to bottom" shower.

Staff was helpful in giving directions and explaining the surroundings. Close to the Larissa Station, that gets you right in front of the Acropolis.