Reviews of Bella Vista Beach Hotel 2 stars

Main Street, Benitses, 49084, Greece

#3 of 46 hotels in Benitses

9.8

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Loved it and would have been magical if I could have had an English breakfast option

Cold fried egg and sausages

I loved the location ,the staff and the accomadation but felt the breakfast could have been better with English choices ie bacon egg etc

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

We enjoyed our stay, largely because of the universally friendly and helpful local people

Facilities a bit basic, though functional. Main problem not with the hotel but to do with the environs; refuse collection problem and a lot of dilapidated buildings.

Brilliantly helpful, cheerful staff concerned to ensure we had an enjoyable stay

Comfy room, very friendly staff.

Only negative thing was the wifi hardly worked in the room and even in reception was very slow at times, especially in the evening.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and the bed comfy and the shower was powerful and hot. Hotel in a good location.

A warm and friendly oasis on Corfu, the island of my dreams.

nothing about the hotel. Benitses has a bit of a problem with traffic passing through on the main road at peak times

I like everything about this hotel, the village and the island, that's why I return to it. From the very lovely family and staff who run the hotel to its location near the beach and the clean, well managed rooms, all of it works for me. From the moment I arrived they showed the depth of care they always do, remembering me, offering a glass of chilled water while I checked in, remembering my preference over a room and then moving me when I picked what they thought was the wrong room. Amazing. Only 2 minutes walk from the beach and the bars at the south end of the village (5 minutes from the centre of the village) its placement is perfect. The hotel has a quiet location and is untroubled by passing traffic. The breakfast is buffet style and very tasty even though I eat breakfast one day in four at max. The owners like to engage with guests and the free cake was an added bonus. I just love this place and will happily return. Choose between a 'hotel room' with kettle and fridge or a studio with more kitchen facilities for processing cold or hot food. I don't cook on holiday so it was a 'hotel room' for me. I didn't have a sea view but that's not why I select this hotel. My stay in the middle of July coincided (deliberately) with a local Benitses religious festival - 2 days of processions, bands, dancing, eating and beer. Fantastic thing to experience. Treat yourself to a 5 euro day pass on local blue buses and hop on and off to explore around Corfu Town, Kanoni and other locations. From Benitses catch the bus, hop off at Perama and walk across the causeway (pictured) to the beach and cafes on Kanoni peninsula. A further 40 minute walk (or 10 minute bus ride) takes you to Garitsa bay in Corfu Town or the shops in the centre of town. What's not to like?

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Comfortable room, helpful staff, wonderful breakfast, next to the beautyful beach

The wi-fi did not work in the rooms, but by the reception we could use it.

We have a wonderful holiday in this hotel. The breakfast was rich and delicious, the owner and the staff was extremly kind and helpful. The rooms war clean and comfortable with balcony. The beach was close and beautyful. A lots of good restaurant was in the near.

This place is a gem!

The owners are amazing. The staff truly takes care of you. The property is near several great beach spots and restaurants in Benitses. Easy access to the bus that goes to Corfu Town. I can’t imagine I would stay anywhere else when I return.

Friendly staff and excellent breakfast!

I was looking for a hotel close to the sea, in a quiet street and with breakfast - and Bella Vista met my expectations more than 200% :) I choose Benitses because it is not far from Corfu town, located in the middle of the island (so convenient for everyday trips to other parts/beaches of the island), and it has flat beach reachable by feet. Benitses itself is rather calm and quiet big village - at least in June it looked like place for quiet families and older couples. If you are concerned about the Corfu garbage problem - luckily, the garbage piles are away from Bella Vista, so don't worry about the smell :). The hotel is located a bit away from the busy street, so even if we had a room overlooking the street (and also sea) side, it was not noisy at night. It was just 2 minutes to go to the seaside with small beach (just stroll down directly from the hotel door, you can go even in your swimming suit :)) for morning swim. The room was bigger than average in hotels in Greece, with nice balcony. Bathroom is smallish, but enough, hot water was really hot, and room and bathroom was nicely cleaned every day. The hotel staff is very professional and friendly, speak very good English - we felt that we were taken care all the time during our stay. We got full recommendations on what to do, where to go eating, beaches - everything, you just need to ask! Every morning we were greeted with smiley kalimera, and every evening we felt like coming home, where we are welcomed and our day's adventures are listened to :) But the most amazing thing was THE BREAKFAST - really the issue - it was amazing! :) There was wide selection of foods - various freshly baked pies, cakes, vegetables, snacks, perfect Greek yogurt, fresh fruits, differently made eggs - and all these different every day! The breakfast serving staff (young students) were very friendly, polite and helpful. Thank you, dear Bella Vista - we will definitely recommend you to our friends!

It was not quiet.

We did not like the noise and party that some customers made in the next room and no manager person did anything for that. We also did not like to say that they could book more nights when we arrived, and then they could not, they came back with the word back. they advised us of restaurants that were very expensive, and then we saw them eating in others that they did not tell us and that we tried and they were better. The people did not seem very truthful.

The arrival at the apartments was hospitable, the young girls who welcomed us were friendly.

Staff was absolutely amazing.

Staff was absolutely amazing. Our room was ready before usual check-in time and everybody was nice with so much empathy!! The apartments are close to beach, room was very nice and clean.

Firstly, I need say some words about people from reception.

There weren't any things to complain.

Firstly, I need say some words about people from reception. My check-in made very friendly, funny girl, and my check-out also was maded by very simpathic people. It was first object where I got some souvenirs! Hotel is situated in the main street, close to bars, shops and bus stop. My room was situated in ground floor. There was a lot of space in light colors. Room was very clean, it had basic equipment like fridge, kettle (with some tea and coffee to maded), dryer and others. It was really nice stay. Truly I reccomend this place because of object and people. With pleasure I could come back there once again.

Just back from a perfect weeks stay...
    • Two-Bedroom Family Room

Leaving. The stay wasn't nearly long enough.

Lovely, big and clean rooms. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nothing was too much trouble, even preparing us a last minute packed lunch for a trip. Lovely family run business. Will stay again :)

Great stay, nice team

There were some things with the switches. Eventually we found a solution. Later the lights went off. By putting the keys in the check-in slot the lights went on again. They're going to work on the electricity in the winter time.

Everyone was well trained, worked as a team and willing to do their very best. They helped me carry my bags. Because I left early they offered me to make a breakfast package for me.

perfect

bacon and eggs

every thing but I was charged for breakfasti did not have my wife had a breakfast 5 mornings myself 4 anthea was a delight I will let all my family know of this wonderful hotel 4 star plus definitely

Heaven

Everything was 10/10

It's my second stay as enjoyed it so much last year - beautiful location, very clean and Anthea and hr staff can't do enough for you - top choice.

A happy place with charm in Benitses

There's nothing I didn't like. The literature in the room reminds you that this is a two-star hotel so note that the ratings are based on that fact. I'd happily stay again.

The staff are lovely. They are so friendly and helpful and want you to have a great holiday. I liked the location - off the main road and between the sea and the green hills. If not pre-booked, the breakfast can be bought for 8 euros and is worth it. All you need plus some delicious Corfu/Greek specialities. It's so nice to be able to have breakfast outside too. There's a very pleasant pool-bar very near. It's usual to buy a drink if using the pool (2.5 euros for a glass of wine, 3.50 euros for a pot of tea if I remember correctly). There's a useful fridge in the room and the safety deposit box is free to use.

The staff are some of the nicest, most accomodating people...

I loved everything!

The staff are some of the nicest, most accomodating people I've ever met. The hotel is literally across the street from the beach, and there is also a pool nearby. The rooms are super clean and ours had both balconies and kitchens. The breakfast is also absolutely amazing. This is an amazing hotel for an unbeatable price, and I can't recommend it enough! I would go back in a heartbeat.

Great location , very helpful staff and very high quality...

Great location , very helpful staff and very high quality bedroom and bathroom, beautiful home made breakfasts each morning and just across road from Avra Taverna which serves best food on the island in a a beachside location. Terrific value for money !

Highly recommended

Comfortable room, very helpful and friendly hosts, excellent breakfast - all home cooked and different things every day, the nicest of any we had in the region.

Excellent, highly recommended

Beds could have been a bit more comfortable

All the staff were so friendly and helpful. The hotel was kept spotlessly clean and the breakfast was excellent - it was so nice to have a taste of different foods each morning. It was a good location for the beach, bars and restaurants, but tucked away off the main road.

Good value hotel, lovely staff - in a great location on the main beach road.

When it comes to friendly personal service, cleanliness and value for money you can't beat this hotel - it may just have 2 stars but it deserves more. The family who run it are lovely and attended to all our needs with great care and humor too! The breakfasts are very nice with a wide variety of food and yummy cakes. The hotel is located in a quiet backstreet just off the main road in Benitses with the beach just across the road and with the taverna's and bar's just a minute or two's stroll up the road. There is a nice swimming pool just behind the hotel which is free to use so long as you buy a drink/snack there.

A charming Hotel with excellent staff!

The beach near the Hotel was small and not clean. There were plenty of seaweeds in the water and due to this there was unpleasant smell around.

Very nice and charming family hotel. Clean, bright and cozy rooms, with daily cleaning and all amenities were in working condition. Good and very tasty breakfasts. Very supportive staff, we have been welcomed with juice at the check-in and small souvenirs at the check-out, it was so nice. During the whole stay at the hotel we felt how Anthea and other members of the hotel staff care about customers, advise where to go for dinner and how to get to different tourist attractions. We had very good time and will definitely recommend Bella Vista Hotel.

Hospitable and friendly basic hotel

Some facilities were somewhat dated and beds weren't the most comfortable. Internet was almost non usable.

Staff was very welcoming and A/C worked well. Close to the beach and restaurants. It was great to be able to get a free towel and take a shower after the checkout before jumping into taxi.

Welcoming staff, great breakfast, clean hotel.

Very clean room, staff amazing - helpful, welcoming, friendly and gave us great tips for beaches and restaurants, breakfast was outstanding - delicious greek food with plenty of variety, good base from which to explore the southern part of the island. Don't expect luxury rooms, as these are simply furnished and the bathrooms are small but very clean. If you want to see the island, you will likely need a car or a moped.

One of those special experiences that dont appear very often.

That my stay wasnt a longer one x

I cant rate this gem of a hotel highly enough.....from the moment we walked in to the moment we left we recieved wonderful hospitality it really exceptional at the Bella Vista and we have travelled to many places before but non compare.Love Love Love this little hotel so much that we are about to book again for next year as our larger family wish to go also.... see you soon Bella Vista xx

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

A very friendly, excellently located hotel!

The pillows were rather solid, and ensure there is mesh lining on all the bathroom windows.

The friendliness of the staff was amazing, they were so willing to offer any help or assistance they could, and always with a smile! The balcony was lovely and the location was perfect for us, set in a beautiful town. We felt very safe there and enjoyed our stay immensely.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Wonderful staff, great location.

Wonderful staff, great location. Made me feel at home.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The staff were so friendly and helpful

The staff were very friendly and went the extra mile to make sure we had everything we could possibly need.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Wonderful and would return in a heartbeat.

Nothing, could not fault, value for money.

Staff were excellent, very helpful. Location perfect.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Very enjoyable.

The beds were very hard which did not suit us and we did not sleep very well.

The staff and the breakfasr were the big plus points for us.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Everything related to the hotel

The main road parallel to the beach is quite busy with little room for pedestrians. Most pavements are parked on.

Everything related to the hotel

Friendly helpful staff.

Friendly helpful staff. Comfortable rooms and amenities. Lovely breakfast buffet. Eye pleasing surroundings.

relax

The shower was very small, as in every hotel i've seen in Corfu

Placement of the hotel is perfect, and the people are absolutely lovely !

very nice small friendly hotel

Everything was good

Very nice friendly hotel with a nice breakfast

This place was really beautiful, but it was these people...

This place was really beautiful, but it was these people that makes this hotel a special place. At least for me!

Friendly staff, very helpful, delicious breakfast

Far from the main city

Friendly staff, very helpful, delicious breakfast

Just a wonderful little hotel with staff who make your stay that extra special

Could not fault anything

Lovely friendly staff, good location to the beach and tavernas. Super hotel.

The Staff were really helpful and friendly They never said...

COULD HAVE SERVED WINE IN THE BAR

The Staff were really helpful and friendly They never said no

Amazing experience overall. I want to come back to Corfu to stay at the Bella Vista again!

Breakfast and staff

Staff, breakfast

Staff, breakfast

First class service in a first class hotel

Friendly staff/ excellent breakfasts/ aircon

Great breakfast.

Great breakfast. Very close to the beach

great service at the reception and very helpful.

great service at the reception and very helpful. Charming location and beautiful.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly!

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly!

Worthy of 5 stars!

Only gripe was the mattress was too hard for me.

Warm, welcoming staff. Wonderful home-cooked breakfasts, different each day.

Great value small family run guest house in centre of small beach resort

Attention and friendliNess of staff. Very convenient beach, tavernas and recommendations from staff. Rooms very clean. Very good value.

Delicious breakfasts, very helpful staff, very friendly...

Toilets not amazing

Delicious breakfasts, very helpful staff, very friendly atmosphere

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Paradise !

Nothing !!

Overall it's an excellent and very friendly place to stay and we loved it 👍🏻

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Great experience!

Breakfast were great, service was great. All staff was very very kind and always helpful. We really enjoyed our stay there a lot.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

Benitses is a good starting point to discover Corfu.

Benitses is a good starting point to discover Corfu. So is the Bella Vista Hotel. You get personal advices where to eat and to go. Everybody greets you everytime you come and go. Feels like coming home after a day out :) The breakfast is very good. I loved the greek touch and the variety.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

Location, Cleanliness and friendly Staff

Room description says: Features air conditioning, satellite TV, fridge, toiletries and balcony with views. The air conditioning unit did not work properly which made it difficult to sleep at night with the heat. Our room was on the ground floor next to the breakfast area which got noisy in the mornings from 7am. It would have been nice to get a choice of the room at check-in as we would have preferred a room on the 1st floor so we can have the balcony door open at night also, if available, with a sea view. Not priority but need to point out, although Wifi was available, it did not work. We used our own 3G plan to search for day trips and maps.

Location, Cleanliness and friendly Staff

• Reviewed: 17 August 2015

Amazing staff that makes you feel at home.

Sleeping is affected by the rumors. In the room you can hear every kind of noise coming from inside and outside the building.

Amazing staff that makes you feel at home. Very good position to explore the island.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2015

We were only booked in for 1 night (2 room's) as a...

A little bit noisey late at night from other guests coming and going and banging doors etc and the wardrobes smell of dampness ( single Room we had booked) Other than that All was Ok.

We were only booked in for 1 night (2 room's) as a quick Stop over so can not really comment much as did not get to spend time there. However, Good location and Easy to find. Very Simple and basic rooms. Lovely Staff at reception upon arrival..

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

Location to the beach and restaurants is excellent

Location to the beach and restaurants is excellent

There are also 11 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.