Reviews of Chania Rooms

6.1

6.2

Near perfect location in Old Town. A truly autenthic greek experience
    • Studio (2 Adults)

Bathroom needs some modernization. WiFi does not work great on the backyard terrace (works but has low reception)

Friendly staff, great location. Free WiFi and quiet backyard terrace. There is a restaurant downstairs that serves tasty food at competitive prices. Located only a short walk from the nearest beach ( Nea hora)

Like a Tarantino's movie...
    • Maisonette (2 Adults)

My watch's alarm was off but i would appreciate if other travellers could yell at 8am not at 4am.

It was a magnificent experience!It all started when i send via booking a request for early check in and late check out.There was no answer. When we arrived at the street at 8.30 am i called the owner but nobody was there,so me and my lady,went for a coffee nearby,at 9.30 thanks to the coffee shop waiter i managed to find the owner while he was riding a motorbike,he announced me that the check in is at 12.30... His joconda smile showed me what was still yet to come... At 12.30 we stood in front of the "hotel" entrance and there was no one in the "reception"(a 1m×2m room full of craps inside). When i called the owner he appeared from his restaurant announcing us that the room is not ready yet... Finally after long waiting under the sun at his vintage "roof garden" "Anna" the one and only staff of these rooms told us that she is always very careful to be everything clean but she apologized because she cleaned the room in a hurry and finished her phrase saying "God help us ". The room was just basic. I won't make a review for this. Because everything else was just frustrating. Let me emphasize in some of them: 1.We could feel the springs of the bed mattress 2.We could hear each and every one in the apartments and restaurant 3.I couldnt believe how hard it is to get rid of your digestion products in this bathroom( please try it yourself) 4.The owner told me that he couldn't use my visa card as payment method because there was a problem in wifi and he advised me to walk and withdraw cash from an ATM(i instantly googled for nearby atms while i was connected to this wifi).When he was giving me the receipt he was watching youtube on his mobile.... He goodbyed us and asked us to write a nice review on booking. I think i did well Chania is a wonderful place, i really apologise as a greek to each and every foreigner visits us for this kind of people.

The people working there were really, really nice and gave...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The people working there were really, really nice and gave us the feeling of being home from the first second. Really enjoyed staying there and we did not feel like just 1 of 1000 tourists

Perfect, couldn't ask for more. Great value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff always gave us recommendations on where to go. The room was extremely clean and comfortable. They have a taverna attached to the property, the food is amazing. Couldn't fault it.

Best budget hotel in Chania
    • Maisonette (3 guests)

This hotel is in the perfect location - right in the center of Chania, very close to the harbor and all the tourist attractions. Hosts were really friendly and couldn't do enough to help us during our stay. The room and hotel was really clean, quite and easy to find - there are also incredible views from the rooftop balcony. If you want to hire a car, you can find free parking just 10 minutes walk away. Would highly recommend this hotel.

very basic but central
    • Studio (2 Adults)

no reply on emails, very poor kitchen facilities, no spoons, pans and pots and glasses,

friendlyness of the family, location a little bit loud but superb

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Atrocious hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel and restaurant staff here verbally abusive when we expressed that the loud music that went until midnight in their restaurant right below our bedroom was inhibiting our ability to sleep. The hotel manager and restaurant manager were rude and threatening. Other people were also disturbed by the noise and threatened to call the police. Broken floorboards, no soundproofing, airconditioning not working, towels not replaced. IF UOI WISH TO SLEEP, DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL.

Room was rather dark and pokey considering the price

Room was rather dark and pokey considering the price

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Good basic room in the picturesque old town.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good basic room in the picturesque old town.Very central & handy for buses to airport & beaches.Staff were friendly & helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Good location but not clean place.
    • Maisonette (3 guests)

Really dirty, no hot water.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

Location was fantastic and the room had that rustic old...

The shower wasn't my style.

Location was fantastic and the room had that rustic old world charm with no fuss. Close to everything the city has to offer and great home style food and wine. That beautiful relaxed feel the Creteans do so well.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

Fantastic location.

The room was hot but had no air conditioning. The fan was old and loud.

Fantastic location. The area is a delight, it's virtually on the harbour and the central bus station is a short walk away.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

The location & local cretan live music, even if it was...

The room was so old, the beds were uncomfortable, the bathroom was dirty & needs desperate renovations. The old airconditioner was dumped on the balcony, instead of throwing it away ages ago. I won't be staying there again.

The location & local cretan live music, even if it was the same two men every night.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

location, cleaness, quietness.

If u arrive before 9 a.m. no one is around, u have to phone the owner to check in. No reply when asking questions in emails.

location, cleaness, quietness.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

The location is great, in the heart of the old town.

Too hot in the room, no air condition. There was a fan which we never used.the owner is friendly but we did not get many suggestions about tours or car rentals. But this is not a big problem as the old town is full of agencies keen on giving you ideas and advices.

The location is great, in the heart of the old town. The roof terrace was nice and the bathroom was cleaned daily

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

My sister and I stayed here a few nights in a twin room...

There was supposed to be a fridge in our room, but there was no fridge. The wi-fi did not work well in the room. The sheets did not fit the beds. The shower base was stained and the toilet was oddly positioned. Although it was nice to have a rooftop terrace, there was no shade, and nowhere to hang washing. Could have done without the TV - didn't use it. I got a slight electric shock when I turned on my bedside lamp. There was "confusion" over the bill; the amount asked for (in cash) was greater than the amount quoted when I booked.

My sister and I stayed here a few nights in a twin room right at the top of the building. The location in the old town is convenient. There was a rooftop terrace we could use.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

4.0
    We stayed 3 nights

On leaving manager tried to add further 10 Euro per night

We stayed 3 nights Room not cleaned,or bin in loo emptied or towels changed

• Reviewed: 7 September 2015

the are where it was located

the noise during the night

the are where it was located

• Reviewed: 31 August 2015

Excellent position.

Excellent position. Very helpful staff!

• Reviewed: 28 June 2015

Rooms are situated in the old building just directly on the...

Insects:(

Rooms are situated in the old building just directly on the small typical mediterranium street, well renovated and so romantic!

There are also 6 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.