Reviews of Cyclades Hotel 1 stars

Karterados, Karterados, 84700, Greece

Nice stay !
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The bedding could be improve.

Ok what a good surprise at our arrival. The hotel is super clean and the staff is amazing, polite and smiling. Our room was great except that the bathroom was a little bit small (but it was ok) and the view was gorgeous. Thank you for everything :)

Great experience

Everything was terrific.

We were immediately greeted by the friendly host, even though it was so late because of our late flight. The place is comfortable, quiet and convenient. Great pool and an amazing, ei h breakfast. Perfect!

The best location in terme of distance from Fira center so as not to need a taxi all the time
    • Double or Twin Room

The only thing that we didn't like was the extremly noisy staff in the morning...as from 8h in the morning you can't sleep anymore because they are all shouting (not speaking) at each other in greek

- The owners are very friendly and helpful with evrything... they booked tours for us, called taxis - rooms clean and properly equipped - breakfast is ok - good deal for the money - perfect walking distance to center Fira 10min and bus station to Perissa beach and Kamari Beach just 2min walk - clean pool

Okay

Rooms are bit small. We had to wait for 2 hours for the room to get ready despite of being checked in which was annoying.

Location is good, near to the port and airport. Market is nearby and also car/scooty renting facility nearby.

Amazing experience!!!! Highly recommend
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel was even better than what we expected. Staff was super helpful bringing us anything we needed, from iron, hair dryer, to needle and thread to stitch my bag that ripped off. Exceptional customer service and cleanliness. The owner is a very nice guy. The location of this hotel was super close to a mini market, the bike renting place, and also the best coffee shop in Thira and fast food places. Everything was within walking distance. 10 min walk to center of Thira which was beautiful. 25 min with 4 wheel bike to Oia, Santorini which was a “must-see” . 20 min by bike to the red beach. The hotel has a nice pool and a nice breakfast. Really enjoyed my stay here and will highly recommend to everyone.

Nice place with nice people
    • Double or Twin Room

This is a nice family owned hotel located 10 minutes walking from Fira. The owners are so nice, very friendly and helpful. The hotel is made with a good taste. The bathroom is quite small but this is not an inconvenience. The breakfast is good, the pool is also nice. I highly recommend this place for a stay in Santorini. Special thanks to the owners for making our stay so pleasant. It was very nice to meet you!

They allowed early check in for me which is very good to me.
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is walkable to the fira central but quite far away from the central, take about 20-25 minutes.

They allowed early check in for me which is very good to me. Very friendly and kind host. The hotel itself is very nice and the room is clean.

Avoid this hotel. There are plenty of better hotels at similar price (better locations)
    • Double or Twin Room

I had a "booking.com" confirmed reservation at CYCLADES. I arrived to the hotel, they make me pay and then they told me that they did not have any room, but they would take me to another hotel. The other hotel was deplorable, the proposed room was under repair with workers inside! Do not trust this hotel, they did not even dare to send me an email telling me that they were not going to honor my "booking.com" confirmed reservation.

The couple who own this hotel were absolutely amazing!
    • Double or Twin Room

The couple who own this hotel were absolutely amazing! I was travelling alone and they made me feel welcome and provided great information on how to get around the island. My room was clean and comfortable and I had a really cute balcony to sit on in the mornings. The breakfast was great! Highly recommend this hotel!

Money very well spent!
    • Double or Twin Room

I was satisfied with everything

The staff was kind and very helpful whenever we needed help or ask questions. Breakfast and the pool were very welcomed perks, and overall it felt very clean. The location is central in Santorini with everything from supermarket, restaurants, bakeries to laundry nearby. My friend and I really enjoyed our time!

Value for money and within walking distance to town.
    • Double or Twin Room

No internet in lower level.

Extremely helpful staff after my wife injured her foot. Without being asked, they found us a more appropriate room. We were very grateful for all their help and kindness.

the breakfast was good.
    • Double or Twin Room

the room underground no wifi, the toilette smell a little

the breakfast was good. convenient to bus stop to village centre. the receptionist ( a young man) is not friendly.

Cheaper hotel in expensive side of Santorini. Walk to Fira.
    • Double or Twin Room

Average room but there was a fridge. About 4 light globes needed changing. Older bathroom. Tiles everywhere so some noise of other guests getting bags etc up and down stairs.

About 20 mins walk to main bus depo in Fira. Excellent restaurant- Tabasco- just near by.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

No problems at all! Best wishes to ur business !

Great personal, very clean rooms, good location near the bus station and the center of island. Stylish simple rooms. Breakfast was included the price. Good wi-fi. Air-conditioned rooms with balcony , where u can appreciate fantastic sunset.

Santorini is amazing and staying at Hotel Cyclades was a great cost effective way to enjoy!!

Basic bathroom and no full length mirror but for the cost easy to overlook

Great low cost hotel - walk into Fira city center - great bakeries close by and the pool was amazing!!!

Good location to bus station, supermarket and Fira. Nice pool and breakfast in hotel and nice staff.

Good location to bus station, supermarket and Fira. Nice pool and breakfast in hotel and staffs are very nice and friendly. it' very clean everywhere in hotel.

The property is clean and closely situated to Fira where...

The property was very basic and a bit expensive for what you are getting.

The property is clean and closely situated to Fira where the local bus station to other towns on the island, the port and airport is located.

The property had a pool and breakfast buffet every morning!
    • Double or Twin Room

It was slightly out of town which made it a hot walk to Fira BUT if you don't mind paying for a bus every day. It's no stress

The property had a pool and breakfast buffet every morning! Made waking up in Greece very easy ;)))

Awesome place in Santorini

The curtain of the bathroom was not very reasonable.

It was great stay for me. Nice room, not big but with everything you will need. A balcony with pool view, good AC, nice breakfast. Staffs were friendly and helpful, and the landlord has a Chinese restaurant nearby, with reasonable price and awesome taste. The location is little bit far outside center, however you can still reach fira town within 15 minutes walk or 2 minute bus drive, so not too bad.

The pool area was awesome.

The breakfast was okay

The pool area was awesome. You could leave your bags at the front desk and swim then use a community shower if your plane doesnt leave until late

A nice stay at the Cyclades Hotel

Not a good breakfast but with this price it's no wonder, so I did not mind at all.

The hotel reception waited for my arrival although this was outside reception times. The room was spacious and clean for a single person room. All the tv channels worked which was really nice, and the bathroom had great lightning. The bedside lamps did not work, but there was light everywhere else so I did not mind except for reading. The towels were changed and room was cleaned everyday. The hotel staff were really nice especially the younger Greek guy working in the lobby. He had his hands full with guest's wishes and commandes and still managed to go out of his way to be friendly and hospitable. I would recommend this for a few nights, it has good location, a 12minute walk to Fira and a nice pool. And a very good supermarket close buy.

A nice hotel near everything you need to move through the island
    • Quadruple Room

I recommend this place !! There is a bus stop 1 minute walking to go to Fira or south of the island. From Fira you can take buses to Oia or other interest places. In front of the hotel there is a car rental, a nice cafeteria and other little stores. The room was clean, nice and there is a nice swimming pool. The breakfast was enough for us. We had a problem with our ferry and the staff was really kind and helped us a lot, we will always be grateful ! We had to stay another night due to that problem and left us the only room left. Not many people would do everything they did.

we had an okay stay... the location was perfect
    • Double or Twin Room

Me and my friends travelled on a busy tourist season therefore we searched for a place that is affordable... and this place is very affordable and has the best location to the centre.. We will not be commenting much about the lack of facilities and courtesy of the other staff as we believe we get the worth of what we pay for and honestly we didnt pay so much - thank you - if you cant stand a toilet that is always wet because the shower curtain is too short then dont stay here .. - no wifi in the room - no kettle in the room ( we borrowed on the night that we arrived so we can make tea ... but the staff Mr Wang knocked on our door to get it back as they need it for breakfast - how can we boil water when we just received it and he already knocked to get it) - please bring a big sign of "Do not knock" or "do not disturb" as the place does not have one and the staff has the habit of knocking on your door every minute - observe the "8am to 10pm availability as written in the reception" as when we arrived past 10pm and my friend needed an extra pillow (as she cant sleep the first night with one soft pillow )and hot water ... she went to the kitchen where we were showed the first night -- and Mr Wang shouted to my friend as to why she was disturbing the staff after 10pm. "Shouted" "loud voice" be careful.

The best that this location offer is the location.. it is walking distance to Fira (and also the bus station that would bring you to other places that costs only 1.80euros) the area is safe as it is in front of the Police Station, and there is a store next to it where you can buy water and some snacks if you need. There is a free wifi but you can only access in the lobby. Also there is a very good staff in the Reception who is ready to answer your question and help in booking a taxi named Orestes plus there were 2 Bangladeshi staff ( sorry if we were not able to get their names but they were very helpful and really offered real customer service) The only good thing about this place is the Location.

The rooms were nothing to fancy but had everything you...

The location could have been better, however it was only about a 20 min walk into the city.

The rooms were nothing to fancy but had everything you needed.

the stuff was very helpfull and kind.
    • Double or Twin Room

the breakfast wasn't something special, it was very simple. Please change orange juice was awfull. there is not wifi connetion, only at reception area.

the stuff was very helpfull and kind. The location was good, near to Fira, about 1km. The size of the bed was awesome and the room was very clean.

Adequate and friendly!
    • Double or Twin Room

The 1st night our room had no TV, little internet and very poor lighting! Fortunately, they moved us to a better room correcting all the problems!

Location was good; easy access to public bus from ferry and to Oia. The pool was also very nice!!!

Clean place.

No personality in the room or hotel. The staff working in the evening hardly speaks English. The "free breakfast" and shower gel is a good idea but of bad quality, it would had been better to go for quality than quantity.

Clean place. Reasonably priced for Santorini. Walking distance to Fira and public transport nearby as well as shops. The young Greek man working in the reception is very friendly.

U shouldn’t miss this place
    • Double or Twin Room

Basically everything there is fabulous, super nice friendly Chinese owner and reception as well as the cleaning people. Well located just 10mins walking from Fira(capital of Santorini). Supermarket, bus station all around. The room is always clean whenever we come back in the afternoon. Free breakfast simple but great to start ur day with!

Nice to stay at Cyclades Hotel

The breakfast is really poor, I ask for two consecutive days the tea (they don't have tea) and at the end they gave me cinese tea. The third day I bought tea by my self. The wifi was not strong In the room. The owner of the hotel, the cinese man, was a bit impolite.

The position is very good, really close to the bus station and 15 min by walk to Thira. The greek guy at the reception made the difference as is the only one that speaks English and was easy to speak with him. He was very kind and gave me a lot of suggestions. Nice to meet him!

Not a good start

Where do I start ! Mattress was so thin I had to ask them to put another one on top. Shower water pressure was non existent it was like a leaky tap. Aircon didn't work properly. Lucky I had some tape and taped the vents in position so they'd stay open. No breakfast offered. Didn't speak much English so communication was hard.

The pool was fine - the only thing that I actually enjoyed.

The man in the reception was very professional and helpful!
    • Quadruple Room

Pool water did not look clean. Almost none or poor water pressure in the shower.

The man in the reception was very professional and helpful! Low price for the 4-bed room. 15 min walk to Thira.

Being disappointed although no expectation given on the hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

It was told to be including breakfast when I book this hotel but in the end the owner told us there is no breakfast for travellers. Wifi is slow and we didn't use it much. The air con of our room doesn't work, it keeps on turning off itself after turning it on. The water tap doesnt work as well. We couldn't turn it off after shower so the water just ran through out the night. The room itself is ok as it is a budget choice, though light sleeper should not choose the rooms facing the road as there is a LOT of cars passed by the hotel with a very loud noise, with something like the sport cars noise. We could not find the Hotel staff despite we faced big problems as they told us from checking in that they would be off at 10pm. So basically self service. Try this hotel if you want to test your luck.

The doors make a loud sound when you lock and unlock it. There are times when the wifi gets disconnected.

The receptionist/owner was accommodating and helpful. She would always attend to my queries and concerns. The hotel is close to the bus stop, supermarket, restaurants, and souvenir shops.

Good location,but..

Even though it has a good location,but the location is not well-set in google maps.I spent like half an hour to find the exact location as google maps misdirected me.The air condition did not work during my stay,which was not really comfortable.

The room was clean and the staff was very nice.It has a good location also.

Really good property to stay in for the money you pay.
    • Double or Twin Room

The only thing that wasn't up to scratch was the shower but like I said you get what you pay for

Really good property to stay in for the money you pay. Staff are very friendly, the pool is amazing most days had it to ourselves.

Horrible experience

experienced a horrible stay at this hotel with my younger sister. Air conditioning in room did not work and nothing done to fix it, fridge door did not close properly and room door was a fire hazard as we often found ourselves struggling for 10 mins just to open the door. Reception was untidy with flies everywhere. Not a friendly or welcoming staff that could not answer or understand our questions. Shower was horrible and could only shower in the night between 7 till 8 in the morning. After putting up with all of this for one night we decided to leave, only then to be charged extra which we refused and just payed for one night stay. NOT WORTH THE MONEY! Santorini is beautiful and this hotel almost ruined our experience.

fairly good location to town but not worth it

Close to a great bakery and a short walk from Fira.
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower was broken so had to hold the shower head to wash up. Could hear everything in the hallway and surrounding areas.

Close to a great bakery and a short walk from Fira. Nice balcony to sit on and to dry towels.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

A fine base of operations for the Western part of Santorini.
    • Double or Twin Room

Wardrobe in the room was outdated, and the doors would not stay shut/open. Next is not a complaint, but a recommendation: other hotels offer free wifi throughout the establishment. Here you can use it only near the reception area, where the routers are. Investing in 3-4 more routers and some cable would provide value to this service.

The hotel was great, in terms of location from the bus station where the Fira Port local bus is dropping you off (Karterados station). The station itself is 900m from Fira main bus station. It can easily be reached on foot from the hotel - there is a small walk uphill (about 50 meters), and then almost a straight line on the sidewalk. Pool was fine, although cold (late September - beginning of October). Breakfast was good, but not varied. Not a problem for us, but others might complain.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Horrible bathroom, friendly staff, good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Facilities were really bad, very old hotel , nothing like the photos, I was barely fitting in the bathtub , I'm Greek and I've been in Santorini many times, the hotel I wanted was booked already so I tried that based on photos but I was absolutely disappointed with the facilities, but to be honest staff were friendly but barely speak English neither Greek as they were Chinese.

The location, very close to everything

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

We found this hotel to be clean, adequate, friendly and great value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

The toilet cistern was constantly running and we had to lift the ballcock to stop it through the night.

The lady owner was very friendly and the reception staff were very helpful. The location was great for it being near a bus stop and only 5 minutes on bus to Fira. We had a view of the sea from the balcony on one side and Fira on the other.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

absolutely not a 3 star hotel

The bathroom was dirty (here were a lot of hair on the floor), there wasn't hot water, and the mirror was very ruined; On the shower there were only chinese soap (the name of the hotel is Ciclades... not Bejing!) Air conditioning could not be turned on because it made a lot of noise, the wifi didn't work in the room, there was no the wardrobe, the few pieces of furniture that were present were old and ruined

price was quite good comparing others hotels, but It is absolutely not to be considered a 3 star hotel

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Somewhere cheap and clean to stay

During my stay (just one night) we didn't have any water although they worked to fix that. This is a budget family run place- definitely not a fancy hotel but for the price it was okay for a bed.

Staff was very nice and helpful! Room was clean

Horrible place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Very dirty bathroom. The faucet was leaking and smelled disgusting. The internet did not work. Horrible place to stay. The hotel's owner is Chinese. She gave me a map of Santorini in Chinese. Her recommendation for the first night at 10pm was to goto bed. Instead I went to Fira. Night life at Fira was amazing.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

The worst hotel I have ever seeing
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing at all even I left earlier one day

this hotel I don't recommend to any one to stay in this hotel staff doesn't know nothing, cleaners very bad I had seeing them wipe basins and toilets seats with a very dirty towel, showers very small. The room itself stinky and blanket dirty plus aircon not working proprly plus fridge dirty as well. I have asked them for laundry they said yes but they don't have driers plus they damaged a number of items for my cloths. The surrounding area for swimming pool bad and dusty. Finally don't have any ideas about hospitality so please I ask do not deal with this hotel thanks

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Could have a better choice with this price
    • Quadruple Room

-the hotel is far from town (takes 15-20mins walk) although the there is a bus stop not far away, buses come every 30 mins -the air conditioner not in good condition, always switched off on its own -the toilet and the shower area is super small and the curtain was not long enough, water spilled out, the floor became wet. -the swimming pool was not clean

Friendly and helpful staff, the balcony The hotel looks beautiful from the outside

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

A pretty good choice living here

Everything is Ok.

the location is near by the bus station, about 1 minute's walking. And also it's close to Fira Town, about 10 minute' walking. The room is clean, with bathroom, fridge and new furniture. By contrast, the price is more cheap. thanks a lot for your helping and good service.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Basic but Good!
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms need some renovation.

Quiet clean room.Receptionist Lilly is very kind and ready to answer you in any query.They refresh the room everyday.The location is also good 15 minutes walk to fira.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Good budget accommodation
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi was weak, only available in reception, cleaning staff were a bit rude and cleaned very late in the day. Sometimes at 5 or 6pm.

Decent sized room, clean pool. Nice 15min walk to thira. Bus stop 1 minute away. Shops and restaurants around too. Good budget accommodation

The pool and the location
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff dont speak good english but they r friendly

The pool and the location

Staff very helpful and friendly,

the room is nice

15 mins walk away from fira, but there is a bus stop near to the hotel

the room is nice

Friendly staff, good location , clean pool , daily towel...
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom old and stunk a lot

Friendly staff, good location , clean pool , daily towel change

Excellent hotel for family
    • Quadruple Room

Friendly and helpful staff, nice breakfast, good location, nice and clean swimming pool

staff are nice, clean room

breakfast could be improved

nice staff, clean room and well transportation nearby

price and quality amazing :) also the location and breakfast

Non

Everything :) price and quality amazing :) also the location and breakfast

the only negative point is the breakfast

the only negative point is the breakfast

Clean rooms.

Clean rooms.

Good place with nice value
    • Double or Twin Room

It's a good place with good value. Take a walk with 15-20min to Fira downtown. The hotel is nice.

Absolute afrader

Bed, douche, WiFi

De receptionist

It was ok

In need of a little tlc

Private room

Pleasant hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Very good value but basic

The swimming pool is very clean and the room has its own...
    • Double or Twin Room

The swimming pool is very clean and the room has its own Aircon ,balcony and refrigerator.The view from our room was just simply amazing.

Great cost-benefit!
    • Double or Twin Room

Wi-Fi connection on the Room its not good and the shower its too small.

Great staff and Room service. The room is clean, big and with a good balcony!

Should have booked for more days there
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi only in the main hall

The swimming pool, the fridge, air conditioning, extra bed, the position, supermarket near, bus stop near

nice , cheap and close ! I recommend this place
    • Double or Twin Room

No wifi in room, Poor quality and variety of breakfast

Comfortable bed, clean room, close to city , helpful Service

Very nice people, nice view from the balcony , loved the pool❤️

The bathroom could be improved a bit.

The room by the pool was the best thing ever!

Excellent for value

Parking

Swimming pool

Close to Fira, nice location, great pool to cool down in.
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor wifi signal, only worked at reception.

Close to Fira, nice location, great pool to cool down in.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Filthy

Filthy

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

10 minutes near Fira city centre.

Improve wifi connection :). Then everything is perfect.

10 minutes near Fira city centre. Good for staying with friends. Great swimming pool :)

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Not great
    • Quadruple Room

Beds are hard, bedding stained, pool deck filthy, hotel ran out of water first day there!

Location is great to Thira.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

I liked the location - close to the bus station and Fira.

The hotel was to noisy.

I liked the location - close to the bus station and Fira.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Nice hotel , good location

It was all good , nice balcony looking over the pool. Staff very helpful and friendly.

There are also 31 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.