Reviews of Danai Beach Resort & Villas 5 stars

Nikiti Beach, Nikiti, 63088, Greece

#6 of 66 hotels in Nikiti

A 2 star out dated property claimed to be a 5 star hotel
    • Deluxe Junior Suite

1. We were met by the smell of a disgusting canalization during our lunch at the day restaurant. The restaurant is dim and tiny. 2. The room is in a crying need of modernization. The taps and the equipment in the bathroom was so old, grimy and falling apart in our hands. The toilet and the bath tub were totally out dated. The sink and the shower did not drain at all so we were showering in the dirt of the canalization which was coming up to our ankles. The sink was splashing all over being blocked as well. 3. The beach was with a dirty color sand, full of stones and cigarettes. I have not seen such a dirty beach in Greece. The water in the sea was oily and there were a lot of weeds. Not the usual crystal clear water of the sea around Greece. 4. The bed in the room was totally uncomfortable. 5. The cleaning of the rooms was basic. 6. The swimming pool - small. 7. The evening gourmet restaurant - appalling. The food was terrible. The waiter was lazy to change the dirty table cloth so he asked us to change tables to a new table where the chairs had no cushion. the waiters were so non cooperative that at the end we gave up asking them for anything. The food was not at all for a 5 star hotel.8. There are stairs all over the property including in the main restaurant where breakfast is served. A number of children fell over and spilled their food. I too was watching my steps with the full plate not to fall down. 9. there are 2 small shops in the whole property. 10 The total land of the property is so small that there is nothing to do and no where to go apart from the room to the restaurant and to the dirty beach.

absolutely nothing

Very clean rooms, excelent staff, good service, amazing...
    • Superior Suite

We have in the room cofee machine, but have not a simple kettle for tea.

Very clean rooms, excelent staff, good service, amazing beach, very wide range of wines and food

The best resort in Greece!

This is by far the best resort I’ve stayed in Greece. Perfectly maintained, it looks better every time I visit it. The staff is incredibly polite and welcoming. All of them, from the parking guard to the manager took an extra effort to make us feel at home. We were upgraded to a vila with a pool and it was fabulous! I am already planning my next trip to this marvelous resort.

Very nice and comfortable place with beautiful nature and...
    • Suite

Although we arrived more than an hour after the announced check-in time, we had to wait for almost 2 hours until we were accommodated. We were very disappointed and angry, and we were leaving, when, finally, it had been 5pm hours, the receptionist came to let us know that the suite was ready. The explanation was that their guests then chak-out. But we are also guests and pay a regular price. It was very unpleasant that we only came for 2 nights and one day for a beach was missed. As we had traveled long, we decided to stay, but we said to the receptionist that we would like to be compensated for the long waitaning. She promised to talk to the management and inform us, but we did not get a response. This is the end of the season, the hotel is not full, so I suppose they could give us other, next as range room, it is only 2 nights, or at least we can use a late check-out or something else. I think if their customers are important to them, they could do something to our satisfaction.

Very nice and comfortable place with beautiful nature and suitable architecture. If the service was good, we would have come back with joy many times.

Most beautiful venue, 90% fantastic service, I would certainly give it a second try.
    • Superior Suite

The "Greek night" food and service left much to be desired. The entertainment value was great but much of it was at our expense! Poor service and bad food.No staff interaction to let us know what was being offered, 15 minutes(after asking 3 "servers") to get a glass of wine, and,an ice cold mediocre meat platter served more than an hour after 6 appetizers arrived almost simultaneously. The ouzo flowed....The band was nice...that's about it.

Breakfast, accommodations,(room with private heated pool),beach, grounds,most service related experiences,and views were 5+ stars.Breakfast servers were outstanding!

The perfect vacation
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The resort is amazing! From the first step we took in, the staff was extra helpful and kind, from the Receptionist through to the Guest relations manager to the General manager, everyone was super nice. The beach is amazing! We even had a butler who was cleaning our sunglasses! I've never had such a service anywhere! Both restaurants are very tasty and service is exceptional. I will plan my next stay way in advance and highly recommend the resort to everyone who enjoys good value for money.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

A magical place

Next time we try to stay longer

Beautiful decorated suite, spacious and with a nice sea view. Excellent cuisine and great service. It is truly a magical place.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

the beds weren't made as well as I thought

the beds weren't made as well as I thought

Beutiful
    • Deluxe Junior Suite

Everything was amazing and perfect!

Magnificent suite

Magnificent suite Truly excellent Restaurants ... peaceful location

• Reviewed: 22 July 2015

One of my worst experience ever.

One of my worst experience ever.Very dull place with a horrible beach and awful service.Transfers are late,lots of flies on your food during breakfast time,our luggage was taken by mistake with someone else back to the airport,yacht trip which cost thousands killed me completely!!!An old fish boat I would say where you have to ask for water and food.All are smiling with burglars' actions.Never ever would recommend this place for anyone!!!Children are bored.A little dark room for them is called kids' club.2 restaurants at your disposal,1is good,the other is smth strange...all dishes are not good at all.Lots of mosquitos in your room at night as well.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2015

IT is an amazing retreat, everything was to the highest...

The price was a bit high but I guess you have to pay to experience something like this.

IT is an amazing retreat, everything was to the highest standards. It was the main stop in our honeymoon trip and we had indeed a wonderful time. Location, food, staff, simply incredible.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

πανέμορφο resort ,φανταστικές παροχές ιδανικό για τις...

πανέμορφο resort ,φανταστικές παροχές ιδανικό για τις τέλειες διακοπές .το προσωπικό πάντα πρόθυμο και χαμογελαστό για να ικανοποίηση οποιαδήποτε επιθυμία .παροχες 6 αστέρων

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

Amazing Hotel.

Amazing Hotel. Very good food. Very friendly staff. Top location. Perfect place to relax.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

Quiet, garden setting with great beach and good food

No espresso or coffee maker in rooms

Quiet, garden setting with great beach and good food

There is 1 review without text. This impacts the overall review score.

Browse Danai Beach Resort & Villas traveller photo gallery