Reviews of Diethnes Hotel 2 stars

#255 of 295 hotels in Athens

6.2

Location was near to train station
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

It feels like a shabby haunted house. A 1980s designed property with every facilities not working in a proper way. We arrived the hotel late at 1am, I m thankful to the stuff waiting for our arrival. We were arranged to stay in a room on the restaurant rooftop floor which was apparently not designed as a proper guest room, a locked sauna room was found in the room and temporary shower space is provided. The fact that the shower provides no warm water drive us crazy. The staff arranged us to another room for shower only. The room was a room of horror. The toilet was obviously not cleaned up was used wet towels are found by the side. The shower curtain rail was bended, the water drainage in the shower space was not working so I was flooded in the space during shower. It was a terrible experience.

Location was near to train station

Recommended
    • Classic Single Room

The location is a bit weird and the bathroom was a bit uncomfortable, but everything else was great!

I really liked the cleanliness, the room, including the facilities (except the bathroom) and generally the price was good for the value I got!

Good location at center with perfect price.
    • Classic Single Room

Automatic working air condition. It is not possible to arrange air condition so the room may be so hot.

Good location at center with perfect price. Helpful and understanding stuffs. Clean room

You pay for what you get...
    • Economy Single Room

When I first arrived, they put me in a room with no windows. The customer service was OK, after I complained, they switched my room. As the old adage goes, "you pay for what you get" -- so don't expect much from this dive. Plus, the area can be a bit dodgy at night.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

convenient hotel for larissis station and rockwave festival bus
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Tried to charge us twice when prepaid before said we hadn't paid until I showed bank statement then suddenly agreed we had paid but still charged 3 euros city tax when supposed to be included in booking.com price. air conditioning not very cool. balcony tiny, could not get through door as wouldn't fully open due to bed too near it. tiny rooms. Surly staff watching where we went when visiting rest of our family in a different room. Too many steps to front door, difficult with luggage getting in and out.

location near metro and train station and supermarket and restaurants. lift to first floor. comfortable bed

For the price, this property was absolutely perfect.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

If the hotel was slightly closer to the city centre it would be perfect, you will need to metro around the city as it's too far to walk. However the station is a 3 minute walk from the hotel, so it's a very minor complaint!

For the price, this property was absolutely perfect. The breakfast had a good selection, which again for the price was excellent. The beds were comfy, and above all else the hotel was completely clean. With nice staff who were very helpful 24/7. A great place!

House of horror
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Horro. Was like a house from horror movies. The receptionist Dora, was no way to understand with her.

The reality was not corresponding with the photos.

Good accommodation for cheap travelers
    • Economy Single Room

I chose a room with bathroom facility: the bathroom is well equipped but extremely small, and the showering place is very little... The water always went out to the floor. The breakfast is okay, but there is not a wide range of variety of foods.

During my stay I was keen to sightseeing thus, I have chosen a cheap accommodation in the outskirts of Athens. The Hotel totally met my expectations and the reviews here at Booking.com. The location of the hotel is nice, very close to one of the metro stations (5 mins walk only). The room was clean & tidy, while the staff was helpful and all of them spoke well English.

The staff was nice and helpful.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The internet was really bad in the room and the breakfast was really minimal, at least some vegetable could be added for choice. Our bathroom door was broken on our arrival, but the next day it was fixed. A little bit weird that they ask you to leave your keys at the reception once you exit the hotel even if its for one hour or less.

The staff was nice and helpful.

The bed wasn’t made when I got there.
    • Double Room - Semi Basement

The bed wasn’t made when I got there. I didn’t like that I had to give the key in with all my stuff in the room when ever I went out. The WiFi never worked. The room was very dark and the covers had stains on them. The towels were also ripped.

Hotel has atmosphere, "genius loci", nice roof...
    • Economy Single Room

Bathroom could be cleaner, in the hotel you hear everything your neighbours say and do, so if you plan to spend here romantic evening, other guests will hear all passion of your love

Hotel has atmosphere, "genius loci", nice roof terrace, where breakfast is served.. Staff was very friendly and helpful

It is a convenient, clean, good value place to use as a base for a short stay
    • Economy Single Room

The hotel is a good old fashioned basic hotel. The rooms are basic but are very clean as is the rest of the hotel and all the amenities:- air conditioning, shower, television, wifi, etc work satisfactorily. The staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a quiet side street but is less than 5 minutes walk from the main station, metro station and bus terminals. You can walk to the centre in 20 minutes.

I liked it and i definitely would stay there again
    • Economy Single Room

They need to work on their wifi as signals dont reach inside the rooms which makes it very inconvenient.

The staff was more than welcoming and always so helpful with explaining everything and places to go and how to reach there

Roof terrace pleasant
    • Economy Single Room

Facilities were basic. Wifi only available in downstairs lobby (sometimes) Area seedy + uncollected rubbish in surrounding streets

Roof terrace pleasant Staff helpful in organising early morning taxi

Basic hotel with shortcomings but it's clean, cheap and conveniently near a metro.
    • Economy Single Room

My main gripe is that I never once had wifi reception in my room during 3 days. I also detest being asked to pay up front. Room was basic and though the fridge was appreciated the lack of any desk or writing space wasn't.

Location not bad - very close to the main station but not a lovely part of town. But easy to get around as only 100m from the Metro. Breakfast is served in a roof terrace which has fine views. Reception staff were all friendly and helpful.

Not good. Expensive for what it is.
    • Classic Quadruple Room

Very old. In bad shape. Kind of crappy. We would not recommend this hotel for the price we paid.

It was the only hotel we could find. We paid 80 eu for a room it should have been 40

We stayed one night.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

We stayed one night. It is very close to the railway station which was convenient because we had a train to catch the next day. It was clean but the furnishings and facilities was a bit old. The neighbourhood around the hotel looked a bit sketchy and there isn't much to do nor are there nice restaurants close by.

Pleasant, functional hotel, friendly English speaking staff. Good location for train station.
    • Economy Single Room

This is a cheap and cheerful, comfy enough hotel. Room was clean, quiet, decent aircon. It's very close to Athens Central Station - very convenient for travel to/from other areas of Greece. 25 minute walk to the centre of town but glad I did this as I got to see a lot of non-touristy Athens, nice coffee shop, breakfast spots on the way. Not boutique or even particularly modern hotel by any means but if you want something unpretentious and convenient, It's great :)

It was very good value for money, well located and the staff was really nice.
    • Economy Single Room

The breakfast, the shower and bathroom, the wireless connection and the directions to the hotel on the website could be improved : )

Air conditioner, located 3 minutes walking from Larissa station, and the staff.

I found better hotels for same price it wasnt terrible but I wdnt go back
    • Economy Single Room

Broken shower, light in the restroom didnt work the sheets looked very old the room was unconfortable to walk in, weird layout I wdnt pay again €4 for that breakfast

Well I had to stay one more nite and my previous hotel was booked (much better!!) the only good thing about this is that is 2blocks from train station...nice personnel too

Glad it was only overnight!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

WORST airconditioning EVER experienced, sounded like a chainsaw and blew HOT air. I would not stay here again, is worthy of 1 star rating.

the elevator was a bonus, friendly greeting good breakfast.

Very cheap so great value for money
    • Economy Single Room

Air conditioning was very poor - very old and so loud that I couldn't leave it on to sleep, which meant a poor nights sleep as so hot! Wifi signal was so poor in rooms I couldn't get o line to book a flight.

Great value for money, right next to metro and central overground train station and Breakfast was good 😊

Liked it.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Nearby taverna was overpriced. Hotel needed some maintenance, remodeling, but then, that is why the price was good.

The breakfast room and our excellent hostess. Her orange cake was wonderful. Hotel was close to train station. Older hotel with character. Elevator. Air conditioner.

Good for 1 night
    • Economy Single Room

The area around the hotel is not the really nice. I didn't expect much for the price I paid , but I had much more better hotels in Greece on my tour for same price. The room was small and dark. Infront of the window was a wall. The hotel should get a renovation really fast.

Staff was really friendly and breakfast good. There where places to park infront of the hotel.

HOT
    • Classic Quadruple Room

We were booked for 5 nights and the air condition was not working properly and they did not want to help us - we stayed one night and realised it was set low and we were 4 people in a room in a heat wave in Athens!! Then the second day we asked them to look at it 3 times and eventually at 23.30 at night after much persuasion the man on duty came to see and agreed it was too warm in our room he said he would sort it the next day. We waited until midday to see if anything would happen and it did not so we asked for our money back for the last 3 days we would not be staying there so we could go and find something better so we could be cool. They disagreed and then offered us another room which we did not like and then offered us 2 doubles which we did not want as we were 4 people 2 adults and 2 teenagers who had wanted to stay together. We then said ok keep the money for tonight as well even though we will not stay here any longer but refund us 2 nights and they still refused. We then had to talk to the manager on the phone and eventually they gave us 1 night back. But after being very rude. My friend who was with me is going through booking.com to remedy this and we hope they can help us. But this hotel is old and tired and although clean it is grotty and needs to be much cheaper or have a face lift, I would not recommend it to anyone.

A functional but partially broken toilet.
    • Economy Single Room

A functional but partially broken toilet. No internet conncection. I was told that this happens over the week-ends. I did not have the double bed that I booked but a single bed. I was also told that I could put the beds together to make a double bed. Cool!!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Room description included washing machine, a big factor in choosing this hotel. Asked at reception and was handed a pamphlet with directions to a laundromat, one subway stop away! Also, Supermarket mentioned is closed down. The air-conditioning in the room was poor, it was barely cool. Asked Reception, they said nothing wrong with it. Housekeeping not available Sunday, only one towel left in room on Saturday for 2 guests to share.

Breakfast was adequate, boiled eggs, bread, cereal, coffee etc. Staff were friendly. Luggage storage available on checkout. Location is good, very close to Larisa Station. OK for one or two nights, wouldn't stay longer.

place
    • Classic Triple Room

small rooms bathroom are old everything is old , ac are old and there sounds ohhhh the hotel needs a redecorating when we ask for a tea bag at night they took 1.5 euro for it.

place

Very good location, supermarket and train station in 2...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Bathroom is very small even for kids.

Very good location, supermarket and train station in 2 minutes walk distance. Very clean, good breakfast, friendly stuff. Good value for money

nice hotel, friendly staff
    • Economy Single Room

the wifi doesn't work and my room was right behind the reception and more than once I was woken up and couldn't sleep because people were making too much noise

The place is very clean and beautifully decorated, the staff is very nice and friendly. Breakfast is just like any regular continental buffet. The location is fine as it is one block away from Larissis metro station but it's not exactlly at the centre of Athens, it is in fact close to a not very nice zone.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

the stay at this hotel was a total disaster, bathroom not...

everything

the stay at this hotel was a total disaster, bathroom not clean the water all around the floor when taking a shower . i wouldn't recommend it to any one

Good breakfast included and very close to the metro
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The shower and size of the room (false advertisement) and being over charged by some of the staff members for water bottles... On the last day, an honest staff charged us half of what it had been for the last couples of days prior.

Good breakfast included and very close to the metro

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

The hotel has a great location, especially if you need to...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The room was more than simple, the furniture was a bit old... I wouldn't recommend for a longer stay but for one night it was ok.

The hotel has a great location, especially if you need to catch an early train from Larissa station (our case). The breakfast was simple but good.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Nice hotel well connected
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The bathroom is a bit small but functional. The area around is not the best but neither was dangerous.

It was very easy to reach from the main station and therefore it was easy to move around the city with the metro and come back. The room was clean and the staff kind.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Internet is basically non existent. Everything seems worn out including the staff. Not as near as good is the rating on booking.com Very disappointed and would not consider staying there again.

Location neat the meeting I was attending

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Good price, good location, good service
    • Economy Single Room

The room could be warmer. They left the Window open after cleaning.

Staff was great, they were so helpful.the receptionist helped me to get the most reasonable touristic tours and explained the area very well.According to the previous comments I was expecting a bad WiFi, but it was quite good in my room in the 1st floor.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Short distance to the Metro but slow Wifi and very old rooms
    • Economy Single Room

Very bad Wifi and the hotel and it´s rooms are quite old and need to be ronovated. The elevator keeps me awake during the night

The ladies at the reception are relly helpful and speak at least English, Italian, German. The Hotel is very close to the Metro/Train-Terminal.

this hotel had the friendliest and most helpful staff very handy for Larissa station
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Nothing I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends

we didnt have breakfast, did they do breakfast? we were late arriving to the hotel and hungry we were recommended to a local taverna nearby that would still serve us. very helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Good location and nice old building
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Staff was very professional and friendly. Breakfast for 8 euro was very good. Location is near the Larissa Metro station, only 3 stations till Syntagma Square, the connection with the line to the airport.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Character and Charm
    • Economy Single Room

Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. This hotel is a classic... probably from the 30s? Most of the decor has been kept in that theme which I really enjoyed. It has character and charm. Perfectly located near the metro. Comfy beds. Very reasonable prices. A place where a serious author might stay and write his/her best work... and I don't mean Danielle Steel-type authors, I mean serious and contemplative authors, like Tolstoy, or JD Salinger... possibly Hunter S. Thompson.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Handy location only 250 metres from Larissa metro and main stations.
    • Economy Single Room

The steps up to the hotel were quite steep and there was no handrail. The steps would cause problems for people with limited mobility;

Breakfast was a bit of a mixture of all countries but there was plenty of it and a good choice. The cook's orange cake was delicious!

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

The walk to the train station takes about 2 to 3 minutes.
    • Economy Single Room

The roof top cafe area is closed during the day and evening. It would've been great to go up there and enjoy the city view at night.

The walk to the train station takes about 2 to 3 minutes.

Tiny room
    • Economy Single Room

Small room. No view what so ever.

Location. Close to the metro station. Niice staff. Price.

Just about adequate for an overnight
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Cramped room and shower space; too much furnitue in bedroom; air-conditioning very noisy

Location very convenient

You get what you pay for

You get what you pay for

When crossing the road, have to be carefully.
    • Classic Single Room

When crossing the road, have to be carefully.

Friendly staff, comfy bed and good breakfast

Bathroom not great

Friendly staff, comfy bed and good breakfast

udany pobyt
    • Economy Single Room

Good location, near the main RR station and Metro Victoria and Larissa. Good breakfast.

Very good location near the centre of Athens.
    • Economy Single Room

Very good location near the centre of Athens.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel, unless someone is extremely tight on budget
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Extremely small bathroom. Keys opened a different room, by mistake!!

Cheap rates

Good enough as the price

Shower booth is narrow.

Air-con and a fridge in th room. Standard cleanness.WiFi was working.

Good value but bedroom I had was tiny. Wi-fi awful in room.
    • Economy Single Room

Tiny bedroom, poor bathroom.

Pleasant staff, airy breakfast room.

Excellent location near railways station

Wifi was extremely weak

Excellent location near the railways station

Very close to the train station.
    • Economy Single Room

The hotel is a bit aging and faded. Breakfast could be better.

Very close to the train station. Good wifi. Friendly staff. Decent value.

Good value. Close to metro Larissi
    • Economy Single Room

Very small shower and bathroom.

Older rennovated building, close to metro, good value.

Value for money, but the bed could've been better

The bed

It was value for money

A good budget option in Athens. Easy to walk to the Archeological museum.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The shower cubicle was tiny.

Good breakfast on the roof terrace.

quit nice, value for money
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

non-stabil wifi, breakfast is pure but tasty enough)

Close to railway station

Hairdryer not working

Close to railway station

Staff was nice, safe area
    • Economy Single Room

Not very clean, breakfast wasnt worth the price - very simple and not really tasty. Old rooms, not very clean bathroom

Staff was nice, safe area

ok
    • Classic Single Room

the hotel needs a good renovation. and aircondition was like very very old and loud.

Breakfast was very good

Traditional house with friendly stuff

Breakfast could be better

nice stuff. We got the breakfast to take away due to very early leaving

Good deal for a night stop

Convenient location, good price/value

Near the subway
    • Economy Single Room

WiFi needed to be better.

Nice staff, had difficulty with the internet.

very nice reception
    • Classic Single Room

taxi rates for airport are fixed - the hotel asked for very expensive rate basic breakfast

very nice reception clean

When in Athens....
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

A little outdated. You could hear people checking into their room across from you. No wifi in the room. Only 1st floor

Air conditioning

Good if you need something close to the train station.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Good if you need something close to the train station. Good value.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Excellent location, large rooms with great facilities,...
    • Economy Single Room

Very poor WiFi strength and coverage; lack of breakfast options

Excellent location, large rooms with great facilities, helpful staff

We got there late and left early for the train, very close...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Bit old and grim to be honest. No wifi.

We got there late and left early for the train, very close to Larissa station. Staff friendly.

You can walk from the center ~15 about to reach the hotel.
    • Economy Single Room

You can walk from the center ~15 about to reach the hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Helpful staff ,friendly,english spoken well

No English spoken TV channel

Helpful staff ,friendly,english spoken well Easy for metro and bus

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Perfect near larissa stasjon

Nohting everything ok

Near metro. Bed komfortabel, nice room with frigd nice colors in room.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Okay
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The wifi is not accessible in the room. we need to go out to corridor

The location is good

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

It is a perfect stay, well organized.
    • Economy Single Room

There is no proper wifi connection.

It is a perfect stay, well organized.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Good hotel
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Could be cleaner in the room

Good locatoin, nice staff