Reviews of Epidavros Hotel 2 stars

#247 of 295 hotels in Athens

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The hotel its amazing!

Nothing !

The hotel its amazing! The room was really nice, clean and beautiful and the receptionist was really nice and helpful. You can walk to fira and to firostefani. Highly recommended !

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

for one night, only.

very bad and dangerous area, just one of the staff was nice, the rest seems to do not want to colaborate.

Room was fine and I could print my boarding pass in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Wasnt bad considering they offered a moderate breakfast.

The room was tiny, in fact very small for 3 people. The bathroom was ridiculously small. No parking! In a dirty neighborhood. The price could have been much lower. We paid around 100$ for one night.

Wasnt bad considering they offered a moderate breakfast.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

A cheap hotel to spend one night
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms are quite small, specially the bathroom. Isolation is bad, you can hear people talking or walking so sleeping is hard. Breakfast was just ok.

Location is quite good, you are not far away from the metro and principal attractions. People of the hotel were nice. The price was good though.

Perfect place for Athenes!
    • Double or Twin Room

the only thing that should be improved is the beds. In fact, these are two single beds combined together. And the funny thing is that they can be easily push apart..

It was a great time in Athenes, and we are happy that we choose exactly this hotel. It is located not far away from the city center, stuff is very helpfull and friendly. We enjoied breakfasts - they are exceeded our expactations, and we were full for more than half of the day. Of course the reason of it is that we are eating only cereals at morning, so take it into account.

Bad area
    • Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel not good. I wasn’t aware when I made the reservation that is an area of Athens of which I should stay away. It is called Omonia or Omonoia Square. All the streets around that square including the one where the hotel is, are full of immigrants. Coming to the hotel on those streets I wasn’t feeling very safe. Not to mention that the first thing we were told when we got there is to be careful with our things and even better not to park the motorcycle on the street.

Iffy location but just catch the metro
    • Double or Twin Room

-They forgot to take out the previous guest's bathroom bin. Especially gross considering you're not allowed to flush your toilet paper. -The location. The way to the Acropolis is very sketchy. I had no issues right around the hotel but you need to walk through little Bangladesh to get to the Acropolis. Solution? Pay that $5 or so and get the metro for that one stop instead of walking through all that. Omonia station was fine for me anyway (female traveller with my boyfriend).

-Breakfast was pretty good. - Friendly service. - Other than the bathroom bin with existing rubbish, it was clean. - Fairly large fridge. - Good tv was handy since we were too scared to be out in that area at night.

The room was adequate and clean.

The location was difficult to find and in a very run-down, dirty area of Athens. I arrived at night and felt very uncomfortable as a woman traveling solo.

The room was adequate and clean.

Hotel breakfast was really good , service was amazing the...

The neighborhood of the hotel was not too good

Hotel breakfast was really good , service was amazing the host at the front desk was extremely professional and helpful but the location of the hotel is in a bad neighborhood which we found out when we stay there a lot all garbage and stores near there but inside the hotel was safe and different

Staff were very nice, breakfast was not bad.
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is in a ran down area and doesn’t feel very safe. We weren’t comfortable walking around at night

Staff were very nice, breakfast was not bad. Streets were quiet enough when it came to traffic

Lot of restaurants for halal food around.

The neighborhood is not good/ safe after 7:00 pm The furniture was broken. Over priced against the property facilities

Lot of restaurants for halal food around. The room was clean

bad
    • Double or Twin Room

The area felt very unsafe, I stayed here with my mum and we had to get a taxi to the hotel because it felt so unsafe to walk with our luggage. We also didn't leave the apartment once we checked in until we checked out, we didn't feel safe walking around the area at all. The worst part about the stay was I contacted the hotel a week beforehand when the manager agreed we could store our luggage, the night before I confirmed and they said it was fine, and 9:30am would be a fine time to drop it off. We arrived and the receptionist "couldn't find our booking" (we had already paid) and was extremely rude and unhelpful. I said I have been emailing someone and instead of checking the emails, the receptionist began serving someone else. We were in a huge rush as our taxi driver was waiting for us and we had a train to catch, hence why we organised our drop off time the night before. Finally, I connected to the wifi so I could show the receptionist OUR conversation (???) and his tone changed. Also, the next day the receptionist quoted us the taxi would cost exactly 45 euro, we did some research and the maximum a taxi can charge legally is 38 euro? DO NOT STAY HERE, the location is awful and it was made worse with a bad receptionist

It was quite cheap, and breakfast was included which was good

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

City visit.
    • Double or Twin Room

The neighborhood was not quite o.k. The streets around were very dirty and smelly. Coming to the hotel after a certain hour seemed not too safe.

The location was close to the METRO and to the main visiting objectives. Easy to find. The breakfast was fair.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Wow...it's great accommmodation

Neighborhood...nothing else!

It's an excellent hotel for those travelers who need comfort while touring Athens for leisure and shopping...your money's worth and a memorable stay.

Decent

I had warnings about the area off a few people iv met .... the area around the hotel is abit ghetto, that said it hasn't affected my stay (1night).

Staff where helpful and rooms were very clean.

Good for the purpose to stay one or two nights
    • Double or Twin Room

I did not feel myself secured on the street although nobody harrased me.

Price is fair, hotel is OK, nothing special international standard. Location is close to the centre of Athens however the area looks not too secured with lots of homeless people around the hotel.

Good Wi-fi, Air Conditioning and excellent breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is not so good, the surroundings are really dirty and a little far away by foot from the touristic spots.

Good Wi-fi, Air Conditioning and excellent breakfast.

For One night Stays good

The area isn't the best. The night when I stayed at the Hotel it was quite noisy outside but this may be an exception. Hard mattress.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean room and facilities. This made up the downsides. Close to the center of Athens and Metro station Omonia.

The facility is so bed.
    • Double or Twin Room

Take it out from the Booking.com list.

The facility is so bed. It's doesn't deserve hotel status. I think that booking.com should not take this kind of facilities to its hotel list. Hotel was old, very dirty, no bathroom. I think it is converted from living facility to hotel. İt is in bad place of Athens.

Good cost-benefit
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is good but the neighborhood is a bit scary. We had no problems or harassment, but there are many people on the streets and people sleeping in the square outside the hotel, we saw police actions (2 in 4 days) made us very worried. We do not indicate that women walk alone, I was quite embarrassed only by the looks of so many men and with fear. As a suggestion: walk along the main roads, such as Angiou Konstantinou and Athinas street (you will easily reach the Monastiraki square). The shower needs repair, in fact, the water temperature needs to be regulated. Even in the summer it was very bad to take a bath with the water with an inconstant temperature, with jets of cold or very hot water at any time.

Good cost-benefit, clean, organized and breakfast with some fruit and Greek yogurt.

Good cost-benefit
    • Double or Twin Room

Good cost-benefit, clean, organized, breakfast with some fruits and Greek yogurt.

The location was fine, 5 mins walk from the nearest metro...
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel looks so much better on photos rather than reality. The room was okay but the bathroom was too small, and wasn't really clean. A lot of mould on the floor and the sink plug was stuck and didn't work properly. The room had a bit of smell. The area seemed unsafe for me with and streets very so smelly and dirty full of rubbish.

The location was fine, 5 mins walk from the nearest metro station or 15 mins walk from the city centre. Nice bars and restaurants near by

The hotel is okei for the price and location to the center.
    • Double or Twin Room

The area may be after sunset dangerous for women. I would not get out alone on the street. You will need to pay a taxi for door to door delivery in case of a long stay in the city.

The hotel is okei for the price and location to the center. Very clean room. Every day room cleaning and lots of fresh towels. Breakfast and coffee very good. The personel is also very friendly.

Not worth even being cheap

The bathroom is a joke. Literally, and I'm not exaggerating as I measured it, is less than 1 meter wide. You can't even turn around properly. The shower changed the water temperature without touching it, the bathroom door didn't actually close. The location is 5 minutes away from the Metro station, but is was a horrible neighborhood and at night it was even scary to walk by. There was no luggage locker to leave the bags for a couple of hours, something basic even in cheap hotels. The breakfast was buffet, but there was nothing fresh, the bread looked like a couple of days old. There is only one elevator and it takes ages to move. On a busy morning, you would want to use the stairs. Not coming back.

The AC in the room was good. There was a balcony to go out and smoke, without having to leave the room, which is good because at night you wouldn't even want to step out that front door.

Our check-in had to be at 13:30.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our check-in had to be at 13:30. We had a bonus - 2 hours earlier check-in. But when I asked for it, the hotel said that they could not promise. And in practice we were able to check in at 14:50 as our room was not ready even at 14:30...

disappointing

location was dirty. shabby local housing to look at from the room. a small 2 room was converted into a three occupancy. cramped for space. will not recommend at all

The manger Tasos was super sweet and helpful to us!

The manger Tasos was super sweet and helpful to us! He went the extra mile and helped us organise and securely book our ferry and helped us find the humour in our situation (we didn't book on time and thought our trip to the island was off). He really was a great comfort and support during our stay. The room was perfectly fine for 3 travelling students with great air conditioning and a balcony.

Very friendy stuff,
    • Double or Twin Room

Location of the hotel is in very dangerous area, we saw people selling and DOING drugs near hotel! I don't recommend to walk out on those streets at night.

Very friendy stuff, Solid breakfast,

The Purge
    • Double or Twin Room

Well, basically because of the area all the time I felt like in the movie The Purge. Really fine and good during the day but if I was scared of going outside. I am not a racist, xenophobic, but ... dear authorities of Athens, please do something with that area. Some people (immigrants) are good and friendly but others ... It feels like this part around Omonia was abandoned by the authorities. If you go there, please, be safe and always arrive in a taxi during the night time. In general, you can stay here and is a good place for someone who loves to make some savings.

Let us see. I guess we should give the staff and the owners some credit for keeping this oasis of normality around the desert of the mess in that area. And for a good price, it was okay. It is a 2-star hotel, so not many expectations. I honestly imagined a lot of things, but the guys kept it great.

good location, poor overall experience.

the room was not ready at the check-in hour. the room seemed a little too small for a family of 4 (but I guess this is the standard for the buildings in athens), the room did not seem clean enough, but maybe the furniture and the room itself was just old. in general this room was in a great need of a full refurbishment. the breakfast was really poor and the coffee rather blank.

the nearby parking is a plus, since the hotel neighborhood does not seem the safest. good location, but not neighborhood. the hotel is close to omonia and within walking distance to the plaka,

The staff at reception were nice and helpful

The location was somewhat dodgy, after getting off the train I was harassed right up until I entered the hotel, which wasn’t pleasant. Wouldn’t recommend if travelling alone. Room very basic.

The staff at reception were nice and helpful

Bad neighborhood

Very small bathroom The hotel is in a bad neighborhood in Athens. It is close to the metro station Omonia. It is known by geek people to be the drogue dealer and junkie neighborhood. We saw it by our own eyes while coming back home at 3 am, a guy doing heroin in the street next to the hotel The only bad think for this hotel is the neighborhood

Super kind personal Unexpected breakfast that was pretty good with everything needed for a good breakfast The room is not luxury but normal according to the price The room was clean with fresh sheets and towels

Clean bed and towels
    • Double or Twin Room

Wc door don’t close; Ac too loud working; difficulty parking the car; breakfast very poor Greek iogurt with corn flakes and chocapic!

Clean bed and towels

Not like pictures. Shady entrance.
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast with old croissants. Our room didn’t look like in the pictures and was old and mattress was worn out. There was no proper door between the room and bathroom and shower was so tiny.

Location is good, near metro.

Panos and Flora were very welcoming.

Panos and Flora were very welcoming. They picked us up from the Ferry terminal free of charge. They helped us out with all our questions, and made us feel very welcome in Milos. The hotel is a 10 minuet walk from the main centre. We had a friend who was really sick, Panos took her to the doctor to help translate. They went above and beyond to help us when we needed it. Amazing hotel and amazing staff.!

Decent choice.

The view was quite bad but we didn't stay much in the hotel looking at the view anyway.

Nothing really amazing, nothing really bad. Standard accomodation with AC. Breakfast is decent.

Value for money but I would not stay again
    • Double or Twin Room

Inside the hotel was noisy in the morning. The bathroom was very small and wasn't too clean.

You get what you paid for. The hotel isn't the best I've stayed at but again the price wasn't too high either. The location could be a bit unsafe in the evening but it is within walking distance from most of the attractions.

The price was good qnd the room looked nice and cozy.
    • Double or Twin Room

The location seems central and very close to Omonia square but there were alot of homeless people nearby. Seemed a bit un safe as no police was in sight.

The price was good qnd the room looked nice and cozy. The terrance was very nice. The overall impression I pleasant.

Great Hotel would stay here again.

It's very nice hotel situated in a poorer area, when you first arrive it may look a bit unsafe. It is in-fact very safe. The people are friendly and wanting to help. Its only a 5 min walk to the centre and a 20- 30min walk to the Acropolis. Simple but good breakfast, and clean and tidy rooms.

Nice staff, okay accommodations, very sketchy area of Athens (used syringes outside the hotel).
    • Double or Twin Room

The area immediately around the hotel was sketchy. There were used syringes scattered in the area in front of the hotel, which didn’t inspire confidence. The staff was very nice, but the area around the hotel would keep me from staying there again.

The staff was very helpful and kind.

The room was very clean and the food was decent.

The bed was not particularly comfortable. My phone in my room did not work. My biggest issue with the hotel was the neighborhood. I was warned by multiple people to be aware of my surroundings and that mugging is a very big issue in the neighborhood in which the hotel is located. There are homeless people that sleep just outside the hotel and I felt unsafe when coming and going. I was not the only female traveler who was on my own, and we worked together to ensure that none of us were eating by ourselves in the evening, but had I known the issues with the location I would not have booked this particular venue. Safety is more important to me than a good deal.

The room was very clean and the food was decent.

Upon our arrival the room smelt of urine!
    • Double or Twin Room

Upon our arrival the room smelt of urine! Reported straight away to reception and a chamber maid was sent to the room. She advised to open the balcony door to air it out. Was only staying 2 nights otherwise would have insisted to switch rooms.

If you can, please don't stay here.
    • Double or Twin Room

if you can pay a little more, please don't stay here. the rooms were very small, the shower was so so small that was difficult for anyone to take bath ... the elevator makes a lot of noise and is always working even during the night ... the neighboor is not good and not safe to walk at nigh, we were very afraid sometimes ...

breakfast was ok for the price of the night .. rooms were clean A/C on rooms super modern and work well.

The building itself is clean and maintained and is close to...

VERY DANGEROUS neighborhood around the hotel that has deteriorated. UNSAFE at night.

The building itself is clean and maintained and is close to attractions downtown near the Acropolis. The staff was friendly and attentive.

Good place to stay. The breakfast was great. Centrally located.

This neighborhood may not be safe at night. Take a taxi to be safe. The entire area has graffiti and it makes the neighborhood look bad. Walking during the day is fine.

Centrally located. Good shopping area for real bargains. Walking distance to Hop on Bus. No good restaurants nearby unless you walk about 10 min. The front desk was helpful. Taxi to the Ferry was $22 and a taxi to the airport is about $40. The Chat Tours stops in the corner to pick up tourists for trips around the city.

The staff were excellent, very helpful, very friendly, very...
    • Double or Twin Room

Oh, the location felt unsafe to me, as a solo traveller. Pretty seedy at best. Bathroom very small and leaky.

The staff were excellent, very helpful, very friendly, very knowledgeable about the area/Athens.

The hotel was good enough for a basic stay, the front desk...
    • Double or Twin Room

The AC was making noise and water is coming out continuously. Otherwise everything was fine.

The hotel was good enough for a basic stay, the front desk open for all time and the breakfast was also good.

Good

The location is totally bad.. not safe for woman and surely not for family as well.. group of guys can enjoy a good stay. Alot of drug addicts and drunkards.. not safe at all.

The staff was friendly and room was clean.. no doubt on that..

Right hotel - wrong place
    • Double or Twin Room

It's location. I booked on the basis that it was fairly close to sightseeing opportunities but the area at night is quite intimidating with groups of dubious people hanging around. The red light district is also about 100 yards away. To be fair to the hotel this has obviously happened 'around' them and I know from a friend who now lives in Athens that this is now typical of hotels that are situated close to the centre. We used a taxi on the evening for safety reasons.

Rooms clean and tidy - bijou bathrooms but perfectly adequate. Breakfasts more plentiful than I was expecting. I would describe it as an 'in transit' hotel.

Tricky photos
    • Double or Twin Room

Dirty towels and bathroom, old furniture, we expected more comfort. Rooms seem to be more comfortable on pictures, indeed it was not pleasant to stay there. One night stay is enough for this place.

One advantage is breakfast

Just for a quick rest
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel not same as in photos. Booked a double room, got 2 twin beds combined to make a double. Hotel near famous center but dont feel safe at all. Super small bathroom, hardly able to move around Inadequate bedroom lock too.

Worse than I could imagine!
    • Double or Twin Room

Very dangerous location! The worse probably in Greece. Not safe at all!!! Someone entered the room while we were inside getting ready for a walk.. Probably someone from another room.. Don't know how his key worked.. We had a terrible stay! The pictures of the rooms do not comply with the reality. The rooms are way worse than the photos.

In this price range this is the best hotel at Omonia and...
    • Double or Twin Room

In this price range this is the best hotel at Omonia and Metaxourghio metro station area (I' ve been in all of them). Although the street which leads towards hotel looks little bit "strange" for Athens urban standard, you don't need to worry because you won't sleep on the street, but in a hotel. Plus, that street has many small shops and Greek style fast foods, which I find as a good thing. This is the hotel for younger people. Not because they don't have an elevator (they have it), but because older people need more comfort like more TV channels.

Room was clean, staff good.
    • Double or Twin Room

wifi difficult to connect. You should use your email to connect every time. Problem for business people with many devices

Room was clean, staff good. Breakfast should be a bit better.

Good value hotel with breakfast included.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was convenient and within walking distance to all attractions. The staff helped with booking taxis etc to get to the port early as well as to the bus terminal.

To be honest it was okay for the price we only stayed one...
    • Double or Twin Room

You can hear people in the hall inside your room does some eco.

To be honest it was okay for the price we only stayed one night. We stayed in another hotel for the same price near same area and it was better for the price. But it was clean breakfast was decent/basic included. Bed was fine.

I requested a quiet room.

Felt quite unsafe and dirty area around the hotel. Rooms were either literally overlooking the street vendors or looking into four walls.

I requested a quiet room.glad I did. Clean. Helpful front desk staff. Lift to all floors. Breakfast available...even a little coffee and cereal before catching a taxi very very early to the airport...staff booked this for me as well.

It is good for a short stay at the cost that you pay. Clean rooms Friendly Staff

Small Breakfast room . Slow service when lots of crowd was there. The basic crowd outside was average but who comes for the crowd in the hotel you are safe and sound. No parking outside.

The staff were very nice and arranged the taxi for us at the drop of the hat at the same cost as the street and looked after all our needs. Nice work keep it up. Eating places are plenty. Bus stops and metro was close by so was the hop on bus. Breakfast was ok. Rooms were clean. Friendly staff. Shopping outside was like a flea market type cheap and good.

The staff were very kind and willing to help at any time,...
    • Double or Twin Room

The area in which it is located is dubious in the sense that there are all kinds of street people everywhere, on the benches, on foot; they were not aggressive, but they gave you a discomfort. The rooms have old furniture, and are noisy.

The staff were very kind and willing to help at any time, cleaning every day, also towels changed every day, acceptable breakfast.

Avoid this area/hotel! Unsafe
    • Double or Twin Room

Do not stay here!!! Avoid!!! In the worse area of Athens! Arrived to the hotel to be treated by 4 creepy men looking at me funny. Walked out the hotel with my husband only to be followed by groups of men who kept looking at my hand bag, they followed us for a number of blocks even when we would double back. Got back to the hotel to find a man high yelling at people trying to start a fight. Website says it 1km away from main are... Alot further away!!! Didn't look at the room went straight back to the hotel got our bags and left! Really unsafe area

Do not stay here!!

Beware of hotel neighborhood!
    • Double or Twin Room

Worst disadvantage of this hotel is its neighborhood, which is very dangerous during night. It is full of strange people like drug dealers and junkies. You can literally see them injecting the drugs.

The biggest advantage of this hotel is low price and proximity to city center.

Comfortable, neat and clean rooms and the staff were...
    • Double or Twin Room

Got there quite late at night and the area didn't seem to be so great. There were some rather nefarious looking characters within a few hundred meters of the hotel, but it is in the centre of a big city, and it was late on a Friday night.

Comfortable, neat and clean rooms and the staff were friendly (the first staff member who welcomed us was especially friendly and helpful). The breakfast buffet area was small but with quite few options. Really close to some of the major attractions in Athens, so perfect for doing the sites.

nice hotel in a horrible part of Athens, felt very unsafe.

locaiton is terrible! dodgy people everywhere, Graffiti everywhere, didn't feel safe, why on earth would you even put a hotel in that area? didn't feel safe at all, was happy to leave. Never would stay in that part of Athens again.

nice breakfast, rooms were ok bathrooms a bit small though.

Great value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

It would be churlish to carp, given the price. But maybe morning orange juice that was more like the real thing.

Very clean hotel, warm welcome from reception

Good for a pitstop in Athens.
    • Double or Twin Room

Well.. except nothing less than a bed to sleep for a few hours. Bathroom is super small. We weren’t expecting anything great for the price but we had a little higher expectation.

Close to metro station!

Good place to stay and near the train station.
    • Double or Twin Room

Would have liked a nice balcony like we had the first time we slept there. The area feels unsafe at night due to some seedy characters in the area.

Nice breakfast, comfortable room.

Good place to stay, value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Some seedy characters at night in the area, came back a second time and didnt have the same balcony. Definitely ask for a balcony with a table and chairs.

Nice breakfast, good location, first room had a nice balcony. Can book in late. Near train station.

Good
    • Double or Twin Room

a lot of drug users - during the night time

Hotel close to the metro station, every day room service, clean towels every day which was bonus, basic breakfast however good,

good for turism. Simple hotel. neighborhood ....
    • Double or Twin Room

The streets near to the hotel are quiet .... You can find wird people easyly, people taken drugs... you don't fell very safe in the streets near to the hotel. but once you are out of those street the ubication is excelent for turism. Everything is very near by walk.

Value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed mattress was old not so comfy , is true that the location is not the best, but is safe, the metro is very close and we had no problem even in the night.

Very attentive people working there

It is average to me overall to be very honest.
    • Double or Twin Room

The neighourhood is fairly dodgy, it is a crowded wet market in daytime.

the location of the hotel makes everything very handy, staff are pretty helpful

Clean, good breakfast, good staff, near metro, supermarkets,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Very very small bathroom... Street with noise and all kind of people...on sunday looks like a bazaar Border between civilisation and ... 'hood...

Clean, good breakfast, good staff, near metro, supermarkets, other atractions , by foot , metro or other...

It was a good suprise for me that hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Location very good exept the refugees who are too many around

It was a good suprise for me that hotel.nice room with all we need on the 7t floor.breakfast surved from 7 to 11 and have diffrent option to choose.or eat everything:)

Good Value for £ paid

Hotel fine...area downtown

Hotel excellent value for price...double room small..better large twins... breakfast adequate...area around hotel " no go" at night

If you want to save money, choose it, otherwise no.

No soundproofing at all, you could hear even the people living two rooms away from yours; the hotel is half-renovated, and the pictures of the rooms on booking.com do not correspond to the majority of the rooms offered. Bathroom was too narrow, every time I had a shower the whole area nearly flooded. The washbasin was about 20 cm long. The door-room could not lock, so if anyone wanted to open it, they could do it easily. The breakfast area was very restricted, you had to squeeze to go from one to another side. No genius-member benefits received.

Nice pillows; within 500 metres away from the metro station; close to National Theatre; fair price and breakfast; flat tv screen, a/c and mini-fridge in the room.