Reviews of Fira Blue Horizon

Main Street, Fira, 84700, Greece

Based on 157 apartment reviews

Average.
    • Quadruple Room

The arrangements made were not good. Nothing was provided in the room. Refrigerator was not ON. They were charging extra for A/C. No cup/glass/spoon/fork or other items were provided, and if provided on extra cost. No supplementary. Better, before booking clear every single thing.

The morning sunrise can be seen from the place.

Very good location, nice rooms and dining area
    • Quintuple Room

Nothing! In fact, It exceeded our expectations!

The beds were comfy and the General Manager Phillip and owner, which I came to call him Papa. We had a great time and Philip went over and beyond our expectations. He arranged our tour and we surely enjoyed it so much with a very friendly and humorous guy, whose name is Lefteris (Leo in short) and transfers to pick up my lost baggage that arrived in my 4th day including Athens on our way to the Port going to Mykonos. I will highly recommend this place. And, I want thank Phillip, the general Manager personally, who made our stay very comfortable, enjoyable, memorable and relaxing!

Great place to stay great price
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was very big and clean. Great view. Walking distance to everything. The manager was helpfully and friendly. WiFi inside the room and outside. I would recommend

Dissapointing and scary.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no hot water. The boy who met me wanted to take my passport. He wanted only cash. The bed was rock hard. I had to walk down a plywood ramp to get to my room and there are no street lights at the end of the road where the hotel is. The men who were at the bar when I left looked like pirates. They had no receipts until I told them I needed one the day before. They took my cash and wadded it up and put it in a wallet. They charged me 5 euros for a ride to the bus in town which took two minutes. The car was filthy. I will never stay there again!

Horrible and scary, take them off your site before you get a las suit
    • Double or Twin Room

I felt threatened by the hotel perssonel when I told them it was not what they advertised nor what I had booked, they took me to a different room which was worse than the first one and I told them I was not going to stay there, I was chased by one of them and told me I better stay because they were going to charge me anyway. The worst experience of my life.

Nothing special except the view.
    • Quadruple Room

Room was not cleaned in details. No eating facility. Stay was discounted on request which is a great option.

The blue Horizon view of the sea is breathtaking. Staff is helpful.

Dodgy
    • Economy Double or Twin Room-Annex

Service poor acommodation not up to par evry one at the property had problems with air conditiontheand alot of other isues owners dissonest and liers not providing what they promise trying to get exra money out of us i will regoment for booking .com not to associate with them

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Good budget hotel 4 shortstay, clean, quiet, comfy but be aware of steep hill access to village!
    • Double or Twin Room

In our case its position down a steep hill. No mention is made in the hotel position discription. Also due to a new road being built and its delay in completion out front you have to access the property over a very unstable wooden ramp & for anyone with s walking disability, carrying a suitcase it is basically impossible without help! The hotel s not in the Main Street of Fira its down a very steep hill & as my hubby has a walking issue it was v hard to get anywhere without taking a taxi! We found they won't collect you either because it's such s short fare BUT if you get Steve to order you a taxi then it's Fine! They show up on time!

The hotel is def value for money for a short stay. Steve was v kind to be woken to let us in at 4am in the morning after our ferry arrived. Our room was huge with s nice pstio, fresh linen & towels + he gave us a kettle to use& theres a fridge, lots of hot water too. The breakfast is basic, coffee toast & jam!

You Don't Want To Stay Here

When I first arrived, there was a huge ball of hair in the shower drain (and another out on the balcony) from the previous guest. Which, of course, begs the question: How thoroughly did they clean the room before I arrived? :-/ Also, the toilet seat was cracked, so it pinched your backside every time you sat down to use the toilet. And I killed at least two dozen flies within the first 24 hours of my stay. (No, I am not exaggerating. Luckily it was not that bad the rest of the stay.) These three complaints could have easily been overlooked as fairly minor, if not for ONE HUGE PROBLEM: on THREE separate occasions (including the morning of my birthday when I REALLY needed it to work to get ready for the festivities) there was NO WATER in the bathroom. And I don't just mean bad pressure; there was LITERALLY NO water AT ALL (in the sink, in the toilet, in the shower...nothing). I had to sponge bath it with bottled water (thank goodness I had some!) to brush my teeth, wash my face/hands, freshen up, etc. I enjoy camping, but I expect running water when I book a hotel. If you expect that, too, I highly suggest you book elsewhere. On top of that, when I dared to ask if they would offer any kind of discount/refund since there was NO water on THREE occasions, all they did was complain how it wasn't their fault. Their English was pretty terrible, so I'm sure they didn't know what else to say, but seriously: It's not your customer's fault either. If you don't provide the service they paid for, it doesn't matter whose fault it is; you owe them compensation. It's called customer service. And finally, with regard to payment: When I tried to pay for my room, they told me they couldn't accept a credit card. Um...what?!? You're a hotel! In a HUGE tourist center. If you can't accept a credit card, that should be plastered at the top of ANY booking site you list on.

Really the ONLY thing I can say that was exceptional about this place was that the Wifi worked GREAT. It was super fast and always worked, which is rare sometimes on the islands.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Good value for money hotel
    • Economy Double or Twin Room-Annex

We stayed here in May 2017, got a good deal, one of the cheapest we found in santorini at the time. The owner put us in a nice room with a good view. The location is really good for us, quiet because it is outside of town but near to walk in with lovely views of the east side of the island. As mentioned there is a steep road to get there but this didn't bother us. The room was large and clean. We thought it was great for the price we paid, but if you pay a high price during peak season don't be expecting a four star hotel (as they do not do breakfast or room service etc).

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Shabby little hotel
    • Quintuple Room

The place smelled of urine. It was cold despite having the heat turned on. Bathroom was not clean and very little amenities provided.

The view of the country side and the beautiful skies of the Mediterranean.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

A nice hotel 15' walk from Fira center
    • Double or Twin Room

There were no reception after 22:00, so it could be risky to miss the stay if I would arrive for check-in after that hour. Actually the see can be seen on the horizon, so "Sea view" can be a bit misleading.

Nice view from balcony. I was given a spacious room as there was no room available of type I booked.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Room without view, unless you call a blind wall a view.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room without view, unless you call a blind wall a view. No internet in room. No breakfast or other facilities. Long walk to centre. Unfriendly traffic.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Please read! Place NOT suggest at all!!!!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

When we got to the hotel the receptionist asked us why we booked there. We put our luguage into the luguage room witch was locked because our room wasnt ready yet, when our room was ready it wasnt at all what was described . We went to visit a little bit and when we got back to the hotel i remembered that i forgot my cardigan in the room witch we left our luguage so i went to see the room wasnt locked anymore and my cardigan wasnt there, so my girlfriend went to see the receptionist and told him my boyfriend forgot his cardigan in the room you let us keep our luguage. We went together he pretended to unlook the room that was already unlocked. I then look in the room and then looked at the receptionist and told him did u find a grey cardigan (sweather) he then looked at me and said ummm no , ohh wait maybe here then went into the laundry room and took the cardigan out of the basket. What kind of hotel takes things out of the luguage room where your things are supposed to be safe!? Also when we looked at the room, the washroom, shower had no curtain so i looked at the receptionist again and asked their is no shower? He awnsered me ohhi guess not in this room! My girlfriend and i had to sleep fully dressed on top on the sheets, we had paid for 3 nights but only spent one night next day booked a hotel somewhere else. Sorry for all the mistake.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

Inexpensive.
    • Double or Twin Room

We booked two double rooms but they put us in a quadruple room upon checkin. To get to the town is quite a climb uphill. There where ants in the room and in the beds.

Inexpensive.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

still a good value for money !
    • Double or Twin Room

the view, although i had the upper room in the corner of the hotel, I had only a partial view of the sea, but I guess that was the best they can do ! not far from city centre, but not well explained on the website, so I struggled a little to find it, carrying my heavy suitcase ! (walking distance from central bus station : 15 to 30mn' !!! so not so close !)

Nice large bedroom, I had a double bed as asked, nice balcony, good bathroom with bathtube,

Nothing...

Good hotel value for money

Good hotel value for money

Brilliant!

Everything!

Friendly, quite and good value for money

Big Room, Close to the town Center, 10 min from the beach

Good place and the most important thing - you will appreciate a real greek hospitability by owner.
    • Double or Twin Room

The owner Dimos is kind and responsive person . You can enjoy incredible view to the sea and nearest hotels in Greek style from the balcony.

fraud
    • Quadruple Room

they was a fraud they put us in a room that there is no photos of it...It was terible. it looked like we was at army

nothing good

Payment
    • Quintuple Room

I paid before i came but the staff said that he didnt get money and i paid twice. I was really angry. They gave me no reason, no explaination.

Decent stay
    • Economy Double or Twin Room-Annex

No shampoo or conditioner in the room and no face clothes.

The balcony was beautiful and the bathtub was clean and nice to soak in.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The hotel should have more amenities.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room-Annex

That they didnt have an iron

The hotel should have more amenities....no pool....no iron

Friendly hosts, excellent value for money, good location,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Friendly hosts, excellent value for money, good location, spacious room. Great overall

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Pleasant & Quiet
    • Double or Twin Room

The person at the reception was very helpful and nice and generally the hotel is great value for money.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

the comfortable rooms
    • Double or Twin Room

the smell of the bathroom

the comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Very large room good wifi friendly staff just far enough...
    • Double or Twin Room

Very large room good wifi friendly staff just far enough from town to avoid the noise. Can't understand previous reviews negativity.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast, uncomfortable bed, not possible to stop daylight because there was no shutter, the price is not justified

Clean, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Booking with booking.

WiFi was very spotty.. In and out often.. Only place it would hold for a bit was the balcony. It was very far down the hill from the town.. Not a bad walk for exercise! But I was breathing hard.. Hahaha Bed sheets were a bit stiff.. My room was filled with mosquitos for some reason..

Booking with booking.com was great... They wouldn't take the credit card charge though.. Thought that was strange. Feel like they might have charged me twice.. I like that they had shampoo and body wash for you! The sunrise was the redeeming quality!!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

Price.

It is not exactly how it was on the picture. The room had a double bed plus another 3. It felt like a dormitory. It was not exactly in the main road as we understood. We thought it means in the city center but instead is on the main road which connects the different towns. There are dogs barking all night.

Price.... It was a very last minute booking and we had many plans so we did not stay in the room almost at all.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

I liked it when I left

Breakfast not included and consists of toast or toasties,Wifi does not work, no reception, no staff, isolated,they never pick up there phone.

I liked it when I left

• Reviewed: 7 August 2015

Horrible, horrible, horrible smell of sewer in bathroom. Air conditioning did not work for 3 days of our 5 night stay. Had to leave door open because the smell of the sewer was unbearable so mosquito came in our room. Could feel the springs on the bed and pillow was hard like a rock. Our view was of dirt. I have pictures to prove it. Booking.com should check out the places they put on there sites. This place is not worth more than 10 dollars a night.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

This hotel was very average- if you could even call it a...

This hotel was very average- if you could even call it a hotel. The rooms are poorly maintained, and outdated. The wifi is terrible, the location is inconvenient and reception/service is basically non-existent. We also found it quite overpriced considering the experience we had.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

- quite area

Arriving with the night ferry at Santorini, we tried to reach the hotel a few days beforehand, to ensure we would have access to our room at 4:00 AM. Despite numerous calls to different phone numbers indicated on the hotel website, we never managed to get someone on the phone. We were desperate and finally contacted Booking.com customer service who finally managed to reach someone from the Fira Blue Horizon. The hotel manager confirmed Booking.com our key would be waiting at the reception desk. When we arrived in the middle of the night, we indeed found an handwritten note (with spelling mistakes in my name), tapped on the hotel's door stating "your room is number 108 and is ready, key is behind the door". However, room 108 was locked from inside and we could not find any key. Again, we tried to call the hotel many times and rang the reception bell but no one answered. After waiting for an hour outside in the middle of the night, we called back Booking.com to get some help. They managed to reach someone and a very unfriendly guy showed up to open the room. Not only didn't he appologize but he first accused us of "having lost our room key". He finally realized other customers were sleeping in room 108 and gave us room 101. I work in the hospitality sector and was extremely shocked by his impoliteness and very rude behaviour although the hotel was 100% wrong. We finally accessed our room at dawn. We would have perfectly understood a one time mistake with appologies. However, when looking at other people's comments you will see that this kind of problems regularly occurs at Fira Blue Horizon. We expected a gesture from the hotel but had to run after this person to get the poor compensation of 20€ (although the night costs 80€).

- quite area - rooms are large

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

The hotel is comfortable, clean and safe.

The hotel is comfortable, clean and safe. Simple but good. The host is always available when you need something. It was a great choice for me and my friends!

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

The only good is the location and it has wifi included

This accomodation is not good. The cheaper price not justify the poor cleaning. In several days of stay they did not clean the room neither restock gel, toilet paper...

The only good is the location and it has wifi included

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

Was difficult to find contact with property owners.

Was difficult to find contact with property owners. Very uncomfortable parking. No receptionist, only guy from the bar. Very expensive comparing to the services they provide.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2015

I was put in a room away from the actual hotel complex, it...

I was put in a room away from the actual hotel complex, it was next to the bar . Bookings.com pick up your game! The photos were not like the place, there was water leaking from the mirror,

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

Location is good.

We asked a double bed room one week before our arrival that they confirmed via booking.com. Our ferry arrived after midnight so we arrived at Blue Horizon at around 1.30 am where a message was waiting for us which directed us to our room where we will find the key. After searching the key for an hour in the night - ringing the bell at the reception door, calling the hotel's number without any answer - we have not found the key for the room, which is the card for the electricity as well. In the meantime we realised we got a 3 single bed room instead of the double bed. Could not reach anybody until 2.30 am, so gave it up. After this first night we asked the double room as we booked and confirmed when we were offered two options: 1. we wait 1 more night and get "the suite" on the second floor with unique view to the sea, huge king sized bed, etc. because of the inconveniences or 2. we get a room with a double bed immediately. Of course we chose the suite. This offer was canceled few hours later as we got the answer: we paid much lower price comparing to the "suite" BUT we can pay the difference (80 EUR per night) if we want... For the price 115 EUR per night we could have a 4* hotel! As we did not accept option 2 we had to wait on more day when finally, after continuous complainings - on the third night - we got a huge room with a double bed and 3 or 4 single beds. Unfortunately the double bed was very uncomfortable... So at the end we have not got any compensation for the inconveniences, only the answer that we paid a very cheap price for the room! Rooms were old fashioned, not very clean (hair in the bed, spider on the wall, burnt curtains, old - beds, pillows, beddings, shower room). We were unable to reach wifi from the rooms on the ground floor. Overall it was equal to the price except the inconvenineces with the beds...

Location is good. The staff in one person Sophoklis was very helpful and a nice guy.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

The hotel was awful.

The hotel was awful. Only one person worked there,not professional at all. The view was not what you thought it would be. The beds did not look or feel clean and towels were filthy

• Reviewed: 10 June 2015

- The cliff side and cafes are about 20 min walk away, but...

- Room was dusty - No wi-fi in room, we get wi-fi in the balcony, but the abundance of mosquitoes was annoying - Requested for a double bed but got 2 single beds - There were flies in the room which kept buzzing and disturbing our sleep

- The cliff side and cafes are about 20 min walk away, but that's alright - Staff was friendly but could not speak English very well - Good price - Rooms are large

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

Comfortable wide room for value of money.

No reception to welcome guests, waited to a men that partially work there and who doesn't know what room, supposed to be good sea view, turned to be partial one.

Comfortable wide room for value of money. Quiet place and near Fira center like 3 minutes away by walk.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2015

Was a 15 min walk to city centre and the view was just ok,...

No heater, no hair dryer the electric wasn't running properly. No hot water and we were freezing also the room had no heater.. Had to use 5 layers of blanket and 2 layers of pants omg

Was a 15 min walk to city centre and the view was just ok, not the best but still ok... :)

• Reviewed: 2 January 2015

Old aged couple running large property

Dec being off season, we were the the only family there. No staff om site. Too cold rooms. Internet did not work. Off season issue may be

Old aged couple running large property

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

Location Quietness Helpful staff

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

Nothing it was perfect

• Reviewed: 19 September 2015

The Hotel was near Fira only three minute walk from the city...

The Hotel was near Fira only three minute walk from the city center! For us it was a good choice!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2015

Shark boy provided joy at times

Gross, overpriced, misleading in view/location

Shark boy provided joy at times

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

The staff the concierge very nice

Wifi is very poor no work in room

The staff the concierge very nice

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

The room was dirty and poorly organized.

The room was dirty and poorly organized.

There are also 23 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.