Reviews of Vanilla Hotel 2 stars

Ornos, Ornos, 84600, Greece

#50 of 55 hotels in Ornos

5.9

The pool was a highlight!
    • Standard Triple Room

Our room was ‘dated,’ and the beds were not comfortable. Also, it’s very noisy if you’re not on the pool side.

The pool was a highlight! It’s beautiful and saltwater. The lobby and common areas were also appealing. And, although traffic outside was really busy, the location was well situated for a short walk to the beach and into town for food or the bus.

All my basic needs were met and the price was reasonable it’s very near to the beach

There was no umbrellas around the pool for protection from the Sun

It Met all my basic needs and is very central to the beach shops and Mykonos Town and the staff are lovely

Very unhelpful staff.

Very unhelpful staff. We had booked a double bed but were given two singles. Our room stank of cigarette smoke and the staff refused to acknowledge that anything was wrong.

I wouldn't return.

The shower was terrible..Very very small, with a horrible shower curtain, and the shower head isn't even at head height! You need to hold it above your head. We had to cable tie it up to be able to shower. The room was dark, very few lights, and half the bulbs were blown. Only 2 plugs!..impossible to charge cellphones/laptop/ cameras. A horrible thin mattress. And thin pillows.

The pool was lovely, The lady at reception let us check in early and was very friendly. The location was good.

A thief jump into our room and stole my jeans with money in it from window at midnight when we was sleeping with my wife.. my wife was screaming a lot when she saw the thief and also i screamed loudly when he was escaping.. the other rooms owner heard us but receptionist said he didnt heard.. also the other rooms owner try to call reception and also their phone is out of order too..we stay at reception all night because of secırity problem and 3 girls said that someone try to open their room door.. but receptionist said that it is not a 5* hotel and what can i do.. there is no camera at hotel.. the phone is out of order so we cant call the reception.. the safety box is out of order also..

Awesome location

Staff is really helpful Kate and Jenny were awesome! Location is really good, 2 bus stops away from the center and 1 mn walk from the water taxi just awesome location !

Great location, great value and great vibe!

The pool facilities were awesome, the restaurant next door was great value for money and the staff were the best! Jenny is my new best friend, thank you for everything.

Vanilla Hotel Left A Bitter Taste
    • Triple Pool Front

Sadly I have little positive to report about my experience at Hotel Vanilla where I stayed for three nights with my family this July after a happy five days in nearby Agios Iaonnis. My first day and night at Vanilla with my twin teenage daughters became something of a holiday nightmare because of a broken step (see attached photo) just outside our room. It resulted in a nasty and painful fall to myself landing on both knees on the hotel’s hard tiles within minutes of arriving. The fall left me badly shaken and in pain. Initially too shocked to realise the step was broken I blamed myself. However not only has there been little concern shown by Vanilla for the fall caused by its poor maintenance but there was no apology during my stay and one has not been forthcoming since. I had reported the fall on the first night when we were also left without lighting or air conditioning. The safety and comfort of its guests does not seem to be high on Vanilla’s agenda and the famous Greek warmth and hospitality was nowhere to be found during our stay. Secondly there was the complete failure of the hotel's day receptionist to explain that the air conditioning and lighting in the room was switched on and off with the key to the room and its fob which she had placed in a holder on the wall of our room at check-in with any further instruction. We returned to our room in pitch darkness and without air con despite unusually high temperatures for that time of year unaware it was switched on with the key fob. The children were unable to sleep and at 4.30am in the morning I felt I had no option but to seek assistance from the night receptionist - something I have never had to do before. We had thought it was a power cut and assured that was not the case but told nothing could be done until morning. I then reported my fall which was very painful and the uneven steps.

The breakfast was done really well with plenty to choose from and the hotel's cleaner did an excellent job keeping it tidy

The staff were quite rude.

The staff were quite rude. The bathroom was small and had to hold the shower head. The room was not that comfortable. For the money we spent I think we could have found better accommodation elsewhere. The cleaners would make noise (talking very loud to each other) very early in the morning. Was just a place to sleep for us.

Think twice before booking this hotel

the room was on the ground floor, no view and next to main reception area which was very loud most of the time. There was no allowance to relax

kind staff at front desk, however, housekeeping was very loud and obnoxious and screamed at each other in the hallway

Vanilla Hotel - Exceptional Little Hotel!

Showers need to be updated.

This is an amazing small hotel in Ornos. Location is perfect- close to restaurants and beach and easy access to surrounding areas. Kate at reception is brilliant. She booked quads, restaurants, transport for us with no hesitation. This hotel is basic but it is spotless and perfect for our few days in Mykonos.

No value for money.

The lady at the front desk is rude, both of them. The shower is terrible with a sticky shower curtain which floods the bathroom. The phone doesn't work. tV was poor. No towels unless you asked for them. Breakfast was terrible.

They pick u up from the airport for free

close to beach and restaurants

Staff

Friendly people, great location

Scrambled eggs poor. Probably should stick to local Greek menu

Basics were fine

Loved the location, the breakfast, the staff.
    • Standard Triple Room

The room bathroom was a little grimy, but it worked.

Loved the location, the breakfast, the staff.

Friendly and helpful

Mykonos is too expensive for the value you get
    • Triple Pool Front

Old fur iture, super mini shower with curtain, third bed stuffed into the room so no place for luggage

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Perfect little hotel Vanilla
    • Standard Triple Room

The staff were amazing, super friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Amazing staff!
    • Double Pool Front

Shower, lack of fresh food at breakfast

Amazing staff! Great pool and perfect central location :) will definitely be back

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

The hotel is in the right located !

One staff member was completely unapproachable, everything was a hassle for her. The bed has to be the worst I've ever slept on, I would of been more comfortable standing and sleeping, couldn't move an inch without sounding like it was about to brake, definitely not worth the money we paid.

The hotel is in the right located !! So close to Ornos beach and with a quad your in Mykonos town within 15 minutes.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2015

A little too over priced for the rooms.

Location. Pool. Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

6.0

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

Cleanliness, friendly staff, amazing pool, very welcoming...

Cleanliness, friendly staff, amazing pool, very welcoming and attentive, free transfers, open and airy.

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.