Reviews of Hotel Grande Bretagne, a Luxury Collection Hotel 5 stars

1 Vasileos Georgiou A’ str., Athens, 105 64, Greece

#25 of 295 hotels in Athens

9.7

Well positioned and very upmarket hotel we have a very...
    • Deluxe Room with Acropolis view

Very well managed very clean staff very happy to help with any concerns on your stay

Well positioned and very upmarket hotel we have a very enjoyable stay. Would stay again.

Great Hotel but expensive

Despite paying over £500 for a suite for one night, our view was of a rendered wall

Fabulous view from the rooftop restaurant for breakfast and our suite was spacious and well furnished. Close to the parliament building and the main shopping area so a great location and all staff were extremely helpful..

We loved our experience at this hotel. A high quality 5 star hotel and deserves all the praise

No comment

The food quality was excellent, the location and views were fantastic, the staff Were very accommodating, the room was very comfortable. We had a balcony view to the parliament and acropolis, and every morning we had breakfast outside enjoying the view. We will definately come back to this hotel.

An excellent stay made memorable by our driver Konstantinos.
    • Classic Room - Butler Floor

Fantastic position of the hotel with beautiful views from the 8th floor restaurant where we ate breakfast . The staff were very polite and helpful. The spa and gym facilities were very good.

Okay

Not a 5 star service.... i

Building and lobby it’s welcomin... that’s abour it. Breakfast was fine and the view that’s what the only value for the hotel cost

Flying visit to Athens
    • Classic Room

Roof Garden was not available at the time that was convenient for us. Sound roofing was an issue in the room.

Excellent room, staff and hotel facilities. Very nice to be provided Easter eggs and tsoureki on Easter Sunday.

Outstanding
    • Classic Room

Clean, service, food, location, views, facilities

The best place to be in the centre of athens with a great service and unbeatable view from the rooftop

Great Hotel, Superb Servive, Very central and opposit the Parliament, closer to Acropolis and shops.
    • Deluxe Room - Butler Floor

The restaurant options are limited to Ground Floor for limited menu options and 8th floor for slightly better but limited Menu options.

The Hotel is in a great City location and has a high class to it.

Most enjoyable excepting departure transfer.
    • Classic Room

Paying a rate of €350pn I did not appreciate paying €8-10pn for wifi. Leaves a bad taste and spoils some of the positive aspects. Used Rideway on your recommendation. Arrival transfer was superb but departure was a mess. Car was late, was a van not an executive saloon, went long way around instead of using the main toll highway then dropped me at the wrong zone for checkin despite my having given detailed flight info. I complained to them but heard nothing back. Not minded to use them again.

It was all marvellous, one of the world's great heritage hotels. Excellent staff, clean comfortable, good food and beverage, good presentation, EXCELLENT stylish room service! Superb Acropolis breakfasts.....

Magical Athens & Magical Hotel
    • Classic Room

I booked a room with free cancelation, and noticed that the amount for the first night was taken few days prior to my arrival, I couldn't not believe how can that happen. So if I decided to cancel my trip it would take the money for the first night much earlier even I booked free cancelation.

View from the roof top restaurant to Acropolis is spectacular! Staff is very helpful in making reservations to the hotel premises for the guests of the hotel even if they are fully booked. Food in all the restaurants and bars is amazing. Room service is very quick and good. Cleaning ladies are super friendly and polite. Reception personnel at the check in and check out could be more attentive.

Fantastic Mini City Break
    • Deluxe Room

Professionalism and helpfulness of the staff was the best that I have come across. The restaurant located on the 8th floor gave a fantastic panoramic view of The Acropolis and Pantheon. Food and service was outstanding.

Grandoise and Brilliant - Grande Bretagne certainly was!
    • Classic Room

The only problem was that on the day of our departure ie a Sunday, the Grande Bretagne Shop was closed!

The restaurant service was outstanding as was Konstandinos in the Hair Salon! Our room balcony also had the most amazing view of Syntagma Square and the Acropolis.

This was one of the most elegant hotels we have ever stayed...
    • Classic Room

It would have been nice to have the option for coffee in the lobby, and the breakfast service was elegant, but slow.

This was one of the most elegant hotels we have ever stayed at. The rooms were exquisitely appointed, as were the public spaces within the hotel, including the gym. The concierge could not have been nicer or more helpful. The location was perfect for restaurants, sightseeing and shopping.

Great hotel in good location.
    • Classic Room

They charged my credit card before I had checked out (as I wanted to pay part cash to use up euros this was very inconvenient and involved crediting back to credit card and recharging delaying my check out).

bars and restaurants excellent staff attentive and helpful, roof pool area great if little small (it got crowded late afternoon)

It was not our first choice, but turned out to be the best place we stayed in Greece.
    • Deluxe Room

they forgot to put a coffee pot in our room, after asking.

Staff very helpful and professional, facility excellent and in a perfect location. Breakfast buffet wonderful, dinner unforgettable at the rooftop restaurant.

A quality hotel where excellence is the ultimate aim

Overly expensive for drinks No view from room. Overlooked courtyard Sometimes a little noisy

Massage and leisure facilities Attitude of staff was excellent. Caring Excellent breakfast Excellent roof top restaurant with views of Acropolis. Restaurant supervisor (lady) best employee Room and bed comfortable Is central for all Athens sights

The facilities, pools,steam rooms, butler service, views...
    • Classic Room

The facilities, pools,steam rooms, butler service, views from my room (excellent). I enjoyed the care and attention from doorman to reception where Fotini looked after me as well as my butler George.

the place is wonderfull .

when I arrived they did not have the reservations correctly. we had 5 rooms and they had booked only 4 but they arranged it everything okay. We went back 10 days after and they had again the reservations incorrect, but they arranged it again.

the place is wonderfull . The rooms great. the service superb. The breakfast wonderfull. The roof top restaurant excellent food and excellent view !!! highly recomended.

Luxurious hotel, they go above and beyond with the details.

I would have to say I liked everything, but since this field begs the question as part of the "detailed" dissection of the property, they had drinks sitting out upon checkin which looked like a trolley parked out front that they might have been taking to someone's room. No one told us we could have it. Would have been nice to have a cold drink in the summer heat while waiting.

Very luxurious. The indoor pool spa and shower area was just amazing. I felt like I was in a novel when I had high Tea.

Of course, the "Grand Bretagne" is one of the best...
    • Classic Room - Butler Floor

Of course, the "Grand Bretagne" is one of the best hotels in Europe. It perfectly matched our expectations. The personal is wonderful. The rooms, the lobby, the roof-restaurant (with view on the Akropolis) : everything is outstanding.

I did not want to leave!
    • Classic Room

We had stayed there for 3 days in the beginning of our trip to Greece then again the day before we departed for our return to Boston. Our dinner at the rooftop restaurant was delicious and our table allowed us to view the Acropolis!

I did not want to leave....
    • Deluxe Room with Acropolis view

We watched the changing of the guards at the Parliament building from out balcony. Its the Grande Bretagne.....the hotel's location and first class customer service is unparalleled.... what more do you need to know?

Beds beautiful and soft ,dining room very luxurious, service...
    • Deluxe Room

Beds beautiful and soft ,dining room very luxurious, service quick and efficient , pool area cosy, breakfast catered for all groups,it was a very luxurious experience for our first time .

The location of the hotel is central and good.
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel was at 100 percent occupancy so it was a bit chaotic.. some of the staff were excellent and some weren't...also because the hotel is on the parliament square there were marches and demonstrations regularly, which meant that the roads were closed off and then there a feeling of insecurity about going out.

The location of the hotel is central and good..

Perfect Hotel in Athens
    • Deluxe Room - Butler Floor

First the pool upstairs is beautiful and perfect after walking all over acropolis- however The only challenge is the upstairs pool is the space is too small for the hotel. It is packed by 11:00 am.- we managed to make it work but it's more challenging with kids.

The hotel location is fantastic . The staff are extremely helpful and attentive. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the beds are heavenly. The restaurant on the roof is breathtaking views. The food is very good - however my family and I preferred the lobby restaurant. I believe the Lobby restaurant food is excellent. The staff and the chef gets 10 stars.

Roof Garden Restaraunt and pool excellent with very...
    • Classic Room

Meet and greet well below standard for hotel like this. Always a wait in reception. 11 hour journey with 2 kids and no help with bags on arrival outside hotel and then a 20 minute wait to check in with a grumpy and overworked receptionist. Not impressed.

Roof Garden Restaraunt and pool excellent with very attentive staff. Location perfect

Very comfortable. Well located in central Athens.
    • Deluxe Room

1 day free WiFi. Then you pay. A bit pre-historic!!!!

Very comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Pool bar, roof top pool, Rooftop bar and restaurant all very good. Winter Garden good for a light lunch or cocktail. Try the steam rooms, sauna and pool in the basement. Excellent. Rooms very comfortable.

Grand hotel with a view of the Acropolis
    • Deluxe Suite

Minor point, but it was disappointing they couldn't accommodate us for dinner at the hotel considering we were residents.

Great location with a beautiful view of the Acropolis. The free breakfast was delicious and the rooftop restaurant overlooks Athens and the Acropolis. Service was excellent at breakfast, check in and helping us book a tour and restaurant reservations. Close to thee Plaka district which was a nice area to walk around.

Excellent historic hotel in a great location!
    • Deluxe Room

We didn't like that we were out all morning to mid-day on Sunday afternoon and came back to find the room had not been made up. No shower cap in box in bath. No night bathroom clean up with refreshed towels on Saturday night. The male staff at the Concierge desk is rather brusk and impatient with the guests, but they are inundated with guests. The reception staff is very good and helpful. We loved our room, although it was on Floor 1 and facing the square, but we could see the changing of the guard which was quite nice. The porters were excellent and very helpful!!!

Rooftop restaurant very nice. We especially liked the luncheon food service and choices in the Pool Area. That was our go to restaurant to get away from the madding crown and feel some privacy for a snack service lunch. Staff was pleasant, very helpful and the food was wonderful. Food up at Roof Garden restaurant was not so special as advertised, but the view was spectacular! The Roof Garden service staff were superb and the sommelier was wonderful.

Old Grand Dame of Athens....

Front Desk and Concierge Staff - very poor attitude and professionalism.

The Hotel is considered the 'best' in all of Athens due to its 'old world charm', therefore, is probably the most expensive Hotel. It has great facilities (experienced all), Restaurants (x2) - both very good, Bar (x1) very good, Fitness Centre - very good, Spa - excellent, Hair Salon - excellent..... however - the front desk staff leave a lot to be desired! Perhaps it was training week whilst I was there (giving them the 'benefit of the doubt'), however, my check-in was a comedy of errors and took 1 1/2 hours!!! I had booked five rooms for my travelling party (8 months ago). Upon arrival, they did not have my booking and carried on that the Hotel was '100% booked out'. Then they discovered our booking (after I showed proof of booking on my booking.com site), then they had trouble allocating rooms, then the bags took forever to go to our rooms and one bag which was left at the Hotel for 2 weeks (whilst I travelled to the islands of Mykonos and Santorini) went missing (in their luggage storage room) and it took them 2 days to locate it! After much tipping and phone calls it was found. The staff did not appear to be 'internationally professional' and did have 'attitude' (particularly Concierge!). I do have to say, however, the doorman was lovely and very happy to organise taxi's and provide information for us and the ambience of the Hotel is lovely. Buffet breakfast - excellent as is the Roof Top Restaurant and Winter Garden Restaurant.

Will definitely return
    • Deluxe Room

The pool area fills up very quickly in the summer. We had to sit on the side of the pool as the sun lounges were all full. Being pregnant this was not very comfortable for me but a very small complaint in what was otherwise a perfect stay.

Beautiful hotel. Gorgeous roof top bar with incredible views. Breakfast was also fantastic.

Perfection in Athens- you won't want to leave!
    • Deluxe Room

I didn't want to leave!!

This place is a dream! One big wow from the moment you walk in! It is a grand hotel in every sense of the word. Quite magnificent actually! The location is excellent but the hard thing is to drag yourself away from the actual Hotel! The rooftop terrace restaurant that looks directly across the Acropolis is breathtaking. Can't fault it!

Beautiful hotel, incredible service.
    • Deluxe Room

There in nothing not to like at this hotel. Everything was perfect.

Absolutely everything about this hotel is first class. It's a beautiful classy establishment, very clean, well maintained, and very comfortable. The staff is simply amazing. They provide a very high level of service, in fact, some of the best service I have ever seen. The rooftop restaurant is superb. Excellent food with service to match, along with a beautiful view of the Acropolis. The location is very good. Across from a government building where you can watch the changing of the guard every hour. Definitely worth seeing. Also a very nice small park is across the street. Tour buses start one block from the hotel also.

Great Memories of Athens at the Grande Bretagne!
    • Classic Room

The Hotel is luxurious. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The rooftop restaurant and bar are to die for. The heated pool and steam rooms are fantastic. It was a memorable stay!

Worth a splurge
    • Classic Room

The hotel was beautiful and conveniently located near to shops and restaurants. The restaurant on the terrace had a spectacular view of the Acropolis and the food was excellent. Only downside was that service was rather slow. But overall a great place worth splurging on.

Superb view of the Acropolis !Refined old world luxury in prime postion in Athens .
    • Deluxe Room

cannot think of one thing !!!!!!

The hotel was wonderful . Both nights our dinner on the roof top garden restaurant was superb !! The staff were so professional and very friendly ! A credit to the hotel . Loved our room ,bed was incredibly comfortable (very important to us !) Loved the indoor pool and spa area ,great for relaxation,after a busy day walking the wonder sites of Athens. Thank all the staff ,we loved our stay.

Amazing time in Athens favorised by the hotel GB

The only negative point is the swimming pool and its bar,really too small to accomodate properly the guests

Stayed 4 days and enjoyed very much the hotel.Its location allowed ud to walk to all historical paces and museum.moreover the roof restautant is the best in Athens.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Comfortable and central to all things Athens had to offer.
    • Classic Room

The explanation of all the facilities was not clearly explained.

The breakfast was excellent even the bagels were up to NYC standards. The outdoor swimming pool which I did not use, was most attractive with a lovelly bar adjacent.

Beatiful overpriced hotel with bad service

Slow chec-in, overpriced rooms, small size of rooms, vas service, late room cleaning, unprofessional staff.

Comfort and beauty, great roof garden restaurant with excellent views,friendly and professional waiters and good food, though overpriced as the rest of the hotel.

Great.
    • Grand Suite

We left on May 1st and it was difficult to leave to the airport.

We've been coming to this hotel every year for more than 5 years. We like the location and comfortable rooms.

Only thing better than the view is their servce!
    • Classic Room

LOCATION!!! Staff was amazing. The concierge took special care of us. My wife had just been in an accident and needed a wheel chair. They provided one for the entire stay. I will go there again!!!

A top quality hotel
    • Deluxe Room

The shower temperature was inconsistent, only a very minor thing but should have been better

The staff were very pleasant. There is an excellent spa. The food in the restaurant, whilst expensive, is of very high quality.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Athens at your convenience!

The wifi quality didn't suit to the hotel quality!

Quality of breakfast as well as the view of the breakfast lounge were super! The hotel is very convenient to the major tourist attractions of Athens. The hotel design is very nice.

the staff is unkind
    • Classic Room

the welcoming of the staff at the reception was very unproffessiobal dealing with the booking. not convenience didnt make effort to find a solution for the wrong booking i did...

everyday I faced a problem in my room
    • Classic Room

everyday I faced a problem in my room no coffee found in the morning phone doesn't work forgot to put water TV not working came to fix it three times

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Compromising service

Overall hotel was very good, but there are certain things that a lot of teasing. Experience the Greek staff to save some costs are not eligible for a 5-star hotel with pretensions. For example - in Suite for 460 euros per night is inserted Nespresso coffee machine, but the staff conveniently forget to leave you capsules. Once I asked once, I delivered, etc. They put in the uncomfortable position to ask, for example, body balm, because wiper failed to leave. And therefore unobjectionable such things. I think management should seriously to work on the issue of quality of service to guests.

Excellent location, comfortable beds, not a bad spa

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

A stay to remember

The bread and croissant could be served warmer...

The rooftop restaurant/ bar.Nice ambiance and when the weather is great, sitting outside with a nice view.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Have stayed here many times.
    • Classic Room

It would be nice if the reception staff would be trained enough to bother to look and see if a guest has been there 15 times before, Before they ask stupid questions like "is this your first time with us?" That kind of oversight is unbecoming of staff at this level of luxury hotel.

Have stayed here many times. Easily one of the best hotels anywhere. That said it is not a "value for money" type of place. It is more of a "luxury comes at a price" kind of place. If you can afford it then it is worth the money.

Wish to come back to Athens.
    • Deluxe Room

Too little storage space in room (medium size on 6th floor). Arrogant staff at Alexander bar. "Extras" are too expensive. General "decor" not as "interesting" as in similar hotels.

Excellent New Year Dinner arrangement and brunches. Nice and friendly staff. Very good spa.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Lovely hotel but will choose the King George next time

The junior suite was disappointing: - It felt smaller than 44m2. - There was a big mirror in facing the bed (bad feng shui). - The room service food was average. - The worse part was the bathroom. The shower booth has a constant sewage smell. Plus, every time we flushed the toilet, the entire room would stink of sewage for an hour. We had to open the window to clear the bad smell. Hotel reception said they knew about the problem and they were working on fixing it (that's really bad for a 5 star hotel).

- The hotel is charming. High ceilings with luxury furniture. - Central location. Lots of shops and coffee shops around. - Private butler was helpful. - Staff was always smiling. - The housekeeper was very kind. - Fully equipped room (bathrobe, slippers, water boiler, shoes accessories...) - Really good breakfast buffet with an amazing view of the city and the acropolis.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Incredibly luxurious hotel with complete sauna underneath...
    • Deluxe Room

Diner was quite disappointing. The cost/quality ratio is not very good and the food was served way too quickly. Starter was served five minutes after the cocktail was served. We were done after one hour ! Still had to pay 240 euros. Do not go there.

Incredibly luxurious hotel with complete sauna underneath and roof top pool. Very nice lobby and very friendly assistance.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Top spot in Athens.
    • Classic Room

Lovely Room in a great location with a fantastic view of the Acropolis from the roof used for breakfast (great selection) and Dinner (good value) in the evening. The staff did break one of the wheels off our case and replaced it with a brand new one so that was a good attitude.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Disappointing, the staff attitude left a lot to be desired except for two on the butler floor.
    • Classic Room - Butler Floor

Tiny room. Awful in house building noise so we were moved- after complaining. Reception failed to pass on an important message.

After the change of room, we were really pleased.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Beautiful hotel in a great location.
    • Deluxe Room

We were upgraded, but unfortunately put into a much smaller room than the one I booked. As there were six of us family members staying it was an incorrect choice as we would have preferred the larger rooms I had booked in Sydney. We were never told of our upgrade on arrival and I didn't realise the much smaller rooms until the last night when there was nothing the management could do!

Great buffet breakfast and the rooftop pool was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Doesn't live up to the hype.
    • Deluxe Room with Acropolis view

Promos on web site is not exactly what you get. Acropolis is visible but only by standing on balcony and you need to sign a waver to get a key to go onto balcony. Nicer at night when you can't see the buildings in the foreground. Misunderstanding re breakfast, not told at reception that it wasnt included, told by wait staff at breakfast it was included and then we had to pay.

Building is very grand. Roof top bar and restaurant lovely.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Not as good as expected for (supposedly) one of the most luxurious hotels in the world...
    • Classic Room - Butler Floor

Poor attitude and customer service from "butler" staff, dismissive senior staff at breakfast (although waiting staff were all very pleasant). Buffet breakfast was average for a 5* hotel.

Excellent location, clean room and fantastic view from roof terrace.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Luxurious Hotel
    • Deluxe Room

everything was good, especially the location, it is a luxurious hotel, so, if you are going for leisure it will be a pit annoying, it is subjected to you not to hotel, the hotel is great as much as you expect

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

The location could not be better, the roof-top terrace is...
    • Deluxe Room

We travelled with our grown-up son and the folding third bed was not the most comfortable for him. Also, the furnishing was clumsy what with the third bed and the storage place not enough for three people. More of a camping experience than a luxury hotel. There should be a better arrangement for 3 people who want to share a room.

The location could not be better, the roof-top terrace is amazing, the outdoor pool area very pleasant. Breakfast is great and served on the breath-taking roof-top terrace.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

One of the most beautiful hotels I have ever been to
    • Classic Room

The rooms could have been just a little bigger.

Everything. The hotel is classy and the location and food and staff are all excellent. The view of the acropolis from the rooftop restaurant was unbelievable. Truly one of a kind.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Better vacation in many years.

Nothing to report.

The hotel services are very good. Some things that you must do : 1. a dinner at the roof restaurant (good food, good sommelier for Greek wines and the incredible view of Acropolis at night); 2. you have to use the SPA and GYM, really amazing; and 3. to ask a concierge to book a guide for you to really explore Athens and our case Delphus.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Best hotel in Athens by far!

Nothing really!

Everything about it... The device is amazing even before arrival via online concierge and in the hotel the staff you couldn't ask for better than the staff the hotel has... The hotel is well located and the rooms are super comfortable. One of the best hotels to stay in👌✨

• Classic Room

The rooftop restaurant bar. Worth every penny for the view of the Acropolis. Absolutely stunning.

Not cheap but top marks for quality and old fashioned service, which of course you have to pay for.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Easy to reach the hotel with metro from airport.
    • Classic Room

Wifi in your room is extra! It's not the cheapest hotel but you must pay for internet connection.

Easy to reach the hotel with metro from airport.

3 nights in Athens
    • Classic Room

Could do with alternative more modest dining choice however lots of restaurants nearby.

Great location super top floor restaurant and bar with great views of Acropolis. Enjoyed great dinner with first rate service in rooftop restaurant. Staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Exellent location, nice spaces, friendly staff, comfortable...
    • Classic Room

Exellent location, nice spaces, friendly staff, comfortable bad, very good restorant with an amasing view of acropoly, you have to reserve in advance.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

I do NOT recommend, Too expensive for what it is x
    • Classic Room

Your staff need to be friendlier As I was in a queue waiting to be admitted at the reception, well, I should not have been in a queue but that is besides the point, there were a lot of disappointment re: room locations. I did not need to listen to arguments up on arrival. You are far too expensive for the service you provide, you need to improve a lot

Location is good I like the name of this hotel Cigar bar is very enjoyable

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Spectacular Parthenon views from a luxury hotel
    • Classic Room

The toilet roll holder was very badly positioned in our room, room 207 (I think) and the shower temperature varied greatly during a shower.

The view from the rooftop restaurant was spectacular, especially the Parthenon at night. The bed and bedding were the most comfortable of any hotel at which i have stayed. The Cigar Bar, with outside tables, was especially convenient as we stayed on the same floor (the 1st) and my wife smokes.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

A wonderful surprise!
    • Deluxe Room

Was hoping to relax by the rooftop pool but it was standing room only!!

Beautiful hotel in a fabulous location. Booked the butler suites for that extra luxury! Amazing rooftop restaurant with views of the Parthenon.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Old School Athens Hotel
    • Deluxe Room

Staff was not friendly, 7th floor pool is small and crowded, and the room we received, though on the 5th floor, had poor views.

An impressive old school establishment. Location of the hotel is very convenient, and the setting of the breakfast restaurant is amazing.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Excellent all round experience.
    • Deluxe Room

The free wifi was a bit ordinary. If you were a business traveller needing wifi you wold have to pay for high speed which should be inclusive in a hotel of this quality.

Great position in Athens. Comfortable rooms and beds. Very helpful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Classic atomosphere in the room
    • Deluxe Room

Rooms are too many, but the public facilties and areas are limited. This point may be unbalanced. My room is far from the elevator.

Young staffs in the restaurant, the pool-bar and the entrance work well. Furnitures are so classic to enjoy living.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

The location is perfect.
    • Classic Room

It takes forever to check in/out. The drains at the shower were smelling really bad. We couldnt even manage to set the temparature of the shower. It was either too hot or too cold. The carpets were dirty and the rooms furniture was tired. The food at the pool bar was mediocre. The chefs specialty deserts were paid unnecessary amount of attention to their sight rather than their taste. Chef pattissier should focus on flavors as much as the view of the desserts. He got confused with the concept of fusion. The staff at the goodies shop didnt know what they were doing. We heard them gossiping about customers right in front of their eyes which was very offensive. Concierge staff were very knowledgeable about the city and they were very helpful. Restaurant at 8th floor has an amazing view overlooking the pantheon. Overall this hotel is 7 out if 10.

The location is perfect.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Bliss!
    • Classic Room

Getting service in rooftop bar s little challenging...the only fault in our otherwise perfect stay

Amazing hotel. Understated luxury st it's best..,loved it. Fantastic treat at the end of a great holiday.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Classic Room

Wifi is not available in the room not acceptable for an hotel of such price No coffee no tea in the room is complimentary

Location Kindness of the staff

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Luxury in Athens
    • Deluxe Room with Acropolis view

paying for WIFI! and buffet breakfast overpriced

Excellent service and facilities, Staff, facilities meals and drinks are of 5 star world standards. Central location, close to good shopping and good restaurants. Our suite had an amazing view of the Acropolis from our balcony, were we could sit on our last morning eating our breakfast, staring at such amazing history.