Reviews of Hotel Grotta This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

I.Kampanelli 7, Naxos Chora, 84300, Greece

#1 of 36 hotels in Naxos Chora

9.8

9.8

9.7

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

This was one of the best stays I have had!
    • Double or Twin Room

This was one of the best stays I have had! Amazing and caring staff. Very knowledgeable about the island. Sauna was a plus. Breakfast buffet is HUGE. Must have a glass of their white wine.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

A real pleasure!
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The staff were all extremely nice and did everything they could to make us enjoy our stay! Communication before our stay was very good, and they offered free pick-up at the port. They also provided us with great recommendations for eating out, as well as finding a cheap rental car, and even helped with recovering a jacket I had somehow lost. The room was lovely and very comfortable, and the breakfast buffet was a-ma-zing! Such an overwhelming choice of fresh, homemade delicacies... The best hotel breakfast we ever had, without a doubt! The hotel is also very well located, within a 5-10 minute walk to the city center and the temple of Apollo, which can also be seen from the hotel!

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Best stay in whole of Greece
    • Double or Twin Room

Where can we start? The rooms were modern and sparkling clean. Housekeeping did a great job! The breakfast was out of this world. World class. It’s really value for money. U can’t find a spread like this elsewhere. And the staff especially Nikoletta at reception and in the kitchen was sooo welcoming and helpful and loving. We had some plane ticket issues and she went out of her way to help us with them. Her brother Mr Dimitris was also very kind in making sure our wedding anniversary celebration in Naxos was a very special one. He gave us a nice room. And indeed, it was a very special time we enjoyed in Naxos. Wonderful stay at hotel Grotta. If u come to Naxos, please stay here.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

As good as the review, or even better!
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

It should be rated 5 stars instead.

Reading the reviews of this hotel made us feel that it’s too good to be true. But Hotel Grotta didn’t disappoint at all. We were arrested by the fantastic view as soon as we entered the hotel from our free shuttle. The staff worked so well together that we thought they are family. Their love for Naxos and their job made us feel at home and pampered. We had good view of the Portana from our room and Nicolette offered us breakfast when we arrived at 10am even though check-in was in the afternoon. We could rent our car from the reception and received great recommendations. The indoor pool and spa were great too in the cold October.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Just a perfect hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff at grotta was the nicest that I have ever met in my travels. Didn't have any special issues to handle, but they we're extremely friendly and warm all time. In addition the hotel is really clean and exellently situated, just a short walk from the center of town. And the breakfast is amazing!

A gem
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

This place is a gem. I felt welcomed like family and felt completely at home there. The room was comfortable, spotless, and had a beautiful view. The breakfast was unbelievable. I can’t wait to go back!

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

This property is better than any five star resort I’ve ever...
    • Double or Twin Room

This property is better than any five star resort I’ve ever stayed in. This is hospitality at its finest. The staff were so welcoming & nothing seemed too hard for them to do. The facilities were top notch, we had a great time in the pool, spa & sauna. We loved watching the sunset over the ocean on their roof when it wasn’t too windy & of course like everyone mentions the breakfast is out of this world. I’ve never eaten anything so delicious. We were 100% spoilt here.

Best stay in Greece

Everything was perfect.

Staff are so welcoming and caring. The breakfast is the 'most amazing in the universe'... it's worth going just for the amazing food. Staff helps you with everything (including an occasional recipe so long as it isn't a family secret!) . It was our favorite stay while in Greece.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Hotel Grota and staff went way beyond all my expectations to...
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel Grota and staff went way beyond all my expectations to ensure my stay was comfortable and pleasant. Every morning a fantastic spread of traditional greek dishes, smiling helpful staff, very clean facilities and very comfortable beds and linens. I do not normally enjoy or use the pool/hot tubs in hotels but again, this one really was fantastic. It was a perfect way to end the day in the very large pool with incredible jets that took all the aches and pains away. I needed help contacting my next hotel and without any question, they picked up the phone and arranged what I needed done on another island. Keep it Hotel Grotta. You are 5 plus star in my books !

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

Best hotel in Naxos!
    • Double or Twin Room

The best hotel experience of our trip. Nicoletta and her staff treat you like family! By far the best hotel breakfast we’ve ever had in all the years we’ve been traveling! Highly recommend!

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Our doctor made the recommendation as he was there a month earlier with 4 kids and had a wonderful t
    • Double or Twin Room

This is N/A... there was nothing to dislike.

Nickolina and husband were exceptional hosts. The Team was gr8! Breakfast was full of home made traditional foods and catered well to vegans. Orientation was full of fun and dare I say “The best in the Universe” as was Dad’s wine and Mom’s cooking. Rooms were spacious and amenities good. Even though late in the season they were still very busy.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

The best in the universe!
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a little small if you are sharing with friends instead of a partner.

The most amazing hotel staff that I have every experienced! Nothing was too much trouble for them, they even made my favourite dessert for me! Breakfast was amazing and the location was also great. Would definitely recommend Hotel Grotta!

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

This is possibly the best hotel I have stayed in for years.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing! The fact we couldn’t stay longer!

This is possibly the best hotel I have stayed in for years. The staff were just so welcoming and energetic, even after a long summer season, that they made us feel relaxed and at home. The little touches were excellent, like a free glass of wine and food at arrival, and cake waiting for us in our spotlessly clean room after a long day of adventuring. The breakfast has had excellent reviews and they were all true, we could have kept eating for hours. I’m so sad we only stayed three nights because I could happily have kept eating that food for a week. I’m going to try to make the Greek orange cake myself at home. The location is perfect, with an amazing view of the sunset behind Apollo’s portal out of the bar window, with a beer, or from the rooftop garden. Easy to just walk to the old town along a short path. The staff helped us arrange car hire and advised us on an itinerary which we did follow and loved every minute of our drive around the traditional Greek villages with the views of the mountains and sea all around. We climbed Mount Zeus during our stay and the free sauna, hot tub, steam room and pool were welcome at the end of our long days, as were the additional towels which we were able to take to the beautiful beaches. We loved our October stay here.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Amazing hotel in Naxos

We loved everything!

We absolutely loved everything about this hotel. The facilities are modern and extremely comfortable, the breakfasts are the absolute best we have had anywhere, and the staff (mostly part of the a family I think) are amazing. I had the need to see a doctor during our stay and they even arranged for me to see their family doctor on a Saturday. They also offer free transfers from the port to the hotel and return. The hotel is up on a cliff overlooking the Portara (Temple of Apollo) so the views are also amazing from the breakfast room.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2018

Great place to stay. Staff were excellent.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Hotel lies a little outside the town and route was via unmade track steep in places.

Room was well furnished and bed comfortable. Good WiFi. Breakfast was excellent. Staff were lovely and very friendly and helpful. Great shower. Excellent views of sunset.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

Lovely staff.

Only slight downside was breaky got busy and felt busy on occasion. Guess that’s what happens when it’s sooo good.

Lovely staff. So helpful. Breakfast fantastic. Good rooms at a great price. Port transfers complementary too. Was the best hotel we stayed at across four different islands, and yet the least expensive. Loved it.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

This is the most amazing hotel that I have ever stayed in.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was absolutely nothing to dislike.

The staff were so friendly, welcoming and helpful. The food at breakfast was absolutely amazing. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There was a lovely pool, steam room and sauna. The hotel itself was in a great location. It was only 10 minutes walking distance from the port and had a great view over the sea. We were greeted at the hotel with a large glass of wine and a spinach pie. Everey day when we returned to our room, there were 2 slices of cake waiting for us.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

Delightful stay, feels like home away from home.
    • Double or Twin Room

The cleanest hotel of 5 cities/hotels we stayed in while touring Greece (including 4 star hotels) and perhaps amongst the top hotels for cleanliness. Staff exceptionally accommodating. Breakfast was an amazing spread.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Lots to see and do in friendly, relaxed Naxos

It was all good

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The breakfast was amazing with a huge amount of choice and variety. The location was perfect, with wonderful picturesque views and a short stroll into Naxos town

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Hotel Grotta spoiled us and we will forever have a wonderful memory!

all good.

Staff and the breakfast food! Best warm welcome with Greek snack and best wine by the most friendly and enthusiastic people! The hotel was well appointed. Location was great - on the ocean a little outside the town but within walking minutes to everything. Stunning view of the Temple of Apollo.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

A gem of a hotel, and the best hotel breakfast ever.

I had nothing to dislike.

I stay at hotels abroad a lot... I can without a doubt say that Hotel Grotta has the best hotel breakfast I've ever had. Along with the breakfast is an incredible staff and an incredible view of the ocean. I booked the day-of after our ferry were cancelled and this hotel ended up being the best hotel we stayed at in Greece. The spa area was also a really nice relaxing bonus.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

From the welcoming glass of wine to the homemade exceptional...

Our stay was too short.

From the welcoming glass of wine to the homemade exceptional breakfast and sweets served by the exceptional staff, it was the “best in the universe.”

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

Unexpected elegance and kindness!
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were completely welcoming and friendly and upbeat! It was quite a chic little hotel. And the breakfast was mind blowing! We cannot wait to stay at Hotel Grotta again!

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Like visiting good friends.
    • Double or Twin Room

Weather! Cyclones and winds were a challenge... so we were so fortunate to be at such a fine hotel

The staff was amazing. But I hate to all them "the staff". Simply the nicest,friendliest, family oriented team. Like visiting family ( but in a good way 😀) Everyone was so positive and helpful. Breakfast was over the top amazing with multiple family recipes presented fresh each morning. The location is perfect!!! The rooms nicely appointed. Exceptionally clean. (Everyone is cleaning, managers, front desk folks. The place was so clean, we started to take our shoes off before entering the room!! We travel overseas every year and have never experienced caring service like this....ever!!!

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Location: Walking distance-like 15 min- to the Port, Temple...
    • Double or Twin Room

Walking back to the hotel at night can be tricky and bit difficult; better to take a taxi

Location: Walking distance-like 15 min- to the Port, Temple of Apollo, Old Town

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

An excellent stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The shared indoor spaces could have been more comfortable (air conditioned) during the day.

The breakfast options were fantastic and the staff would go above and beyond to ensure our stay was enjoyable.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

Very nice place to stay on a lovely island.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was a bit of a walk to the center of town, but it wasn't a problem at all.

Exceptional staff-everyone was incredibly nice and helpful with all our requests. Breakfast and dinner far exceeded what I would expect from a two-star hotel. Very quiet.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

THIS HOTEL DESERVES 10 STARS!! OTHER HOTELS SHOULD TAKE NOTE.

Couldn't ask for better.

After 40 years of travelling, I can sincerely say that our stay at Hotel Grotta was the best experience we've ever had. The owners and staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. Brunch was incrdible with its home made pastries and vast selection of food. The room was very modern and clean and the location was beautiful. We fell in love with Naxos because of our amazing time there and will definitely go back (but only to Hotel Grotta). Thank you Dimitris and all, see you again!!

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

Will be back and back , love the staff and owners.
    • Double or Twin Room

The Best Breakfast in the Universe and the Best Olive Oil Museum in the Universe! Rooms are very comfortable and spacious. Bathroom is update and hotel is easy walk to town and a wonderful place to watch the sunset. Recommend it!

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

This is an excellent family run hotel in Naxos.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing - it was wonderful.

This is an excellent family run hotel in Naxos. The location, just a short walk from the town was perfect and has wonderful views. All of the staff in the hotel were so friendly and accommodating and made our stay a real pleasure. We were picked up from the port and arrangements were effortlessly made to have our bags left down to the port when we were leaving Naxos. My partner is gluten intolerant and they made sure that he had gluten free options each day for breakfast, which was extremely thoughtful. Our room had a beautiful view, very comfortable bed, modern bathroom and was spotless.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Excellant value for money, great location, fabulous food and staff

Our room looked out onto the parking lot. Cars parked right next to our patio

Staff was so kind and wonderful. Couldn’t have been nicer. Food was homemade and absolutely delicious. Everything was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

The breakfast is unexpectedly good with wide variety of...
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is unexpectedly good with wide variety of foods, including greek pies, fruit, cakes etc. I really love it. The staff are passionate and helpful as well, making our stay enjoyable

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Perfect place at an affordable price with the most hospitable staff we've ever had.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not a big deal, but one night, the emergency lights in the rooms came on when the electricity went out for a couple hours. It was really bright, and hard to fall back asleep after it.

Hotel Grotta exceeded our expectations. They provide free transportation to/from the port or airport. From the moment we walked in, the staff was very welcoming and friendly. They provided you with a free glass of wine and pie on arrival, before having you check in and talk about your stay. I loved this because we were on the tail end of a 2 week trip, and this was great to just relax before checking in the new hotel. The free breakfast buffet was amazing. All of it was homemade. The view from the hotel at sunset was so incredible, we actually watched it from there every night of our stay. The drinks were more affordable at the hotel than going out to get drinks. Overall, our stay here was very comfortable and welcoming due to the outstanding staff.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

Everything was wonderful.
    • Double or Twin Room

I don’t have a bad word to say!

Everything was wonderful. The location is great, short walk to Naxos town but still quiet and peaceful with a great view of the sunset. Everything is spotlessly clean. Rooms excellent, bathroom was lovely (I always judge a room by its bathroom). Breakfast was outstanding, the pies and cakes particularly! The family that run this hotel are so lovely and make you feel very welcome. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

Super friendly staff, family run hotel- everyone goes out of...
    • Double or Twin Room

Super friendly staff, family run hotel- everyone goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home. We were given a complimentary transfer from the port to the hotel and back again, a welcome drink and a piece of cake was left in our room when we came back.. all the little things made our stay amazing! I loved the pool and spa area as well.. would definitely stay again if we were back in Naxos!

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

A great experience.
    • Double or Twin Room

The Grotta is a fantastic hotel that offers everything that you want on your holiday. The views from the rooftop terrace ,watching the sunset, are fantastic. The breakfast buffet is an amazing experience with home cooked food. The staff are very friendly and helpful and cannot do too much for you.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Thoughtful hotel with amazing standards!!
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Amazing hotel and the staff truly make you feel like family. They are so warm, thoughtful, and helpful- made our holiday even more relaxing. And the breakfast is truly legendary. Best I've had. We will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

Perfect in every way!
    • Double or Twin Room

We have nothing but good memories of Hotel Grotta: we enjoyed a beautiful room with a modern bathroom and comfortable balcony, incredible food (both breakfast and dinner in the restaurant), delicious and excellent value wine made by the hotel owner’s father (which we enjoyed on the hotel’s roof terrace - the best place on Naxos to enjoy the sunset!), morning and evening dips in the swimming pool and an excellent location right next to Naxos Town, the Portara and an easy walk from St George beach. The wonderful hospitality of the staff is what makes this place extra special, though - whether it was greeting us with a glass of wine and homemade pie on the house, leaving a slice of cake in our room every day, organising our car rental or picking us up and dropping us off at the port, nothing was too much trouble. We were greeted with smiles by everyone and felt extremely welcome. We’d recommend to anyone and will definitely be back!

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

The staff were very friendly and went out of there way to...
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were very friendly and went out of there way to help even with complementary pickup and drop off. Also the breakfast was amazing & only a short walk to the main strip.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

A fantastic hotel not too far from Naxos Chora.
    • Double or Twin Room

A fantastic hotel not too far from Naxos Chora. I think by far what made our stay great was the staff members. Everyone was so full of life and always happy to help! We loved it!!!

• Reviewed: August 11, 2018

SESATIONAL STAY
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Very professional friendly and helpful - ver genuine

So sparkling clean - amazing decor - furniture and fittings all over the hotel. The Hammam plunge pool spa and saune were FANTASTIC !! Location and ease to walking was great. Breakfast and dinner were sensational .

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Superb!
    • Double or Twin Room

My balcony was on the ground floor next to a car park, did not feel private. Pool quite small.

Great location with lovely sunset views. Very friendly and accommodating staff-thank you 👍🏻😊. Clean, spacious and stylish room. I particularly enjoyed the sauna and steam room!

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

Staff were lovely and so willing to help with anything.

Staff were lovely and so willing to help with anything. Hotel and rooms were clean and modern. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Great location - just a 10 minute walk to the main strip. Great hotel for couples, families and groups.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2018

I spent a long time researching where to stay and whatever...

I spent a long time researching where to stay and whatever guides I looked out Grotta consistently came out at the top of the pile. It 100%deserves to be. I’m not sure I will ever find such a personal welcome and genuine care about mine and my families holiday. Everyone is wonderful the hotel is wonderful the food is fabulous. Nicoletta tells you to feel at home, and you really do. Can’t recommend highly enough. Thank you xxx

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

Amazing staff, the wine on arrival was incredible and the...
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Amazing staff, the wine on arrival was incredible and the view from the rooftop for sunset was a major bonus. Would recommend to anyone and wish I stayed longer.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Highly recommended for staying and enjoying the atmosphere of the hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff and mama’s breakfast were absolutely friendly and amazing! Overall, we fell in love with this place! It is the accommodation where you can listen calm waves of sea while watching the views from the balcony. It’s in close proximity of the downtown and port. Offering us a room with balcony and white vine were very impressive and appreciated 😊

Unforgettable stay

Extremely friendly and helpful staff especially Despina who showed us all the best beaches and restaurants on the island. Our room was immaculate and serviced every day. Breakfast was amazing with homemade pies and delicious desserts served in a room overlooking the port. Would definitely come back to Naxos and stay here again!

A great stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, great view, the richest breakfast I've seen, very comfortable room, very tastefully decorated areas, very friendly staff, many extras (e.g. cakes in room, sea towels)

Best Food ever
    • Double or Twin Room

wow, wow,wow , what great staff and owners , makes you feel like kings - but the food was sooooo amazing , the best I had all holidays , I wish I had longer with them. I would recommend this place to all my friends and if I go back I am staying with them.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Amazing staff and breakfast! Clean, comfortable. Definitely recommend!!

Hotel is beautiful and clean. The staff is amazing. Every member is extremely friendly and helpful - some of the best customer service we have ever experienced! The views are wonderful (especially from the roof at sunset)! The breakfast is the best ever!! We'd go back just for the breakfast!

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Magnificent! Perfect! Wonderful!
    • Double or Twin Room

It is not a negative comment, only a suggestion to reach the top of the top! - Restaurant needs to improve some plates, very good looking but more attention to the cooking grade and taste - A simple gym could be a missing facility Once again, the current service is exceeding any expectations!

Everything and Everyone, like for instance: - Location quiet but close to the center of Naxos - Everyone is so kind and helpful - Clean, Great Furniture, New, Perfect Bed - Great Wireless and Amazing Facilities

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Best hotel of a 3 week stay in Greece.
    • Double or Twin Room

I was only there for one day. It should have been at least 3 or 4.

Greetings by the staff with wine and pie and they went over your itinerary with many helpful suggestions. Breakfast was good and bountiful.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Amazing Find
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The hotel Grotta was located on a bluff overlooking the town, a perfect location for sunsets and a stroll into town for sightseeing. The staff went out of their way to make our stay extra special. Sweets in the room every night plus they left a bottle of wine for us one evening. The breakfast buffet had so many wonderful selections it was truly memorable.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Can't wait to return!
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Very full as it was high season!

The hotel location is very picaresque and the breakfast couldn't be any better- this could be the only meal you eat all day if you wanted too! The staff were very accommodating and helpful also. Recommend a room with a balcony.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Wonderful and amazing

Absolutely nothing

FANTASTIC staff, location, cleanliness and breakfast. The breakfast is absolutely amazing, you don't get breakfasts like this anywhere else. This is just the best place to stay, from the welcome to the farewell, they were extremely generous and you won't regret staying here. Nicoletta and Marine were especially wonderful but all the staff were great. Staying here just made our stay on Naxos extra special.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Having travelled extensively around Europe, I am happy to...
    • Double or Twin Room

Having travelled extensively around Europe, I am happy to say that Hotel Grotta provided the most enjoyable stay ever. The staff, rooms, and cleanliness are beyond expectations. The staff treat people as though they are family, as though everyone is a VIP. The food is superb. Breakfast is a real treat and should not be missed. Stay here!!

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Wonderful hotel and excellent staff
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Room was modern and clean. View over the sea and portara was great. Breakfast was homemade and the best had at any hotel we have stayed at. Staff were by far the most friendly and happy we encountered during our European holiday and made us feel so welcome.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Outstanding
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Exceptional customer service and attention to detail - to say they go above and beyond is an under statement Astounding breakfast buffet with a huge array of home baked pies, salads and cakes as well as the more usual fare - literally the best I have ever had Our 2nd trip and we are already planning to return

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

They should have 6 stars.

That I didn't have more room for breakfast. Those Greek pies, oh so many pies and so little time...

It was all superb, but every member of the staff was just super. It is an outstanding property and ranks as probably the best value I have ever encountered.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Property was excellent and exceeded our expectations.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Property was excellent and exceeded our expectations. Thank you for warm hospitality, delicious breakfast and the view over Apollo’s Portal at sunset was breathtaking. It was a pleasure staying at your wonderful hotel.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

One Hundred Percent. Book this place.
    • Double or Twin Room

Can't fault anything, these hosts go way beyond the word "hospitality". Other operators could learn a huge lesson from what these hosts do to look after the guests in the tourism industry.

The list is too long to write here. If you're looking for 100% rating then look no further. Stay here. Hospitality was more than anywhere we have ever stayed.

What A Great Find!

Absolutely nothing!

Hotel Grotta was our favorite hotel stay in Greece. We stayed for 4 nights and everything about our stay here was exceptional. With the recent renovations throughout the rooms and bathrooms are very modern and inviting. Our room offered spectacular views of the sea, Naxos town and the Apollo Temple. The breakfast buffet is the best we have seen anywhere with amazing Greek specialties both savory and sweet. We did also dine at the restaurant twice for dinner and the food was excellent. The hotel is in a quiet area yet a very short walk to where all the action is. All the staff is amazing and treat you like family with special mention to Despina, Marine, Cali and Cristos. We wished we had booked longer at the Gotta (frequently heard from other guests as well) and hope to return.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Great hotel located in a quiet area close to the port:...
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Great hotel located in a quiet area close to the port: incredibly friendly staff and homemade breakfast! Also, do not forget to relax in the spa or the swimming pool after a long day (open until 9pm)

Everything was excellent!

Everything was excellent! Breakfast was delicious and all the staff were super friendly and welcoming, and went over and above to make sure we had everything we needed. One of the best hotels we have ever stayed at!!

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Fabulous - i would love to return to Hotel Grotta again next year.

It was all good

After a hectic day getting to the island, the hotel Grotta staff was there to greet us and take us to our hotel. Upon arrival they kindly took care of our luggage while they led us to their lounge room with a glass of wine/beer and an appetizer. They proceeded to give us some info on the island and highlights. Such a wonderful welcome. the next morning our rental cars were waiting and they had a breakfast spread that was out of this world. All home cooking. After our day around the island in our rental-they took care of the return. And we relaxed in their complimentary pool/hot tub and sauna area.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Perfect place to stay when visiting Naxos.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing - I’d come back in a heartbeat!

The staff were all exceptionally warm, friendly and helpful, even helping us connect with a local tour guide. They have a wonderful collection of books about Greece and the Cyclades that guests can browse. The breakfast spread is amazing - lots of home-cooked food and a great selection of fruit and vegetables. The view over to Apollo’s Portal, especially at sunset, is breathtaking.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Highly recommended place to stay in Naxos
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

An exceptional hotel! Stylish, modern, very clean and a room with a fantastic view. We were welcomed with a glas of Naxos wine and a homemade pie. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. A highlight was the breakfast buffet including a large variety of homemade pies, cakes, omelettes. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

We loved it.

Room and beds were very comfortable. Great shower. Beautiful relaxing and luxurious atmosphere. Amazing breakfast! Convenient location. Nice view of waterfront. Super friendly staff.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

The meticulous attention to detail in this hotel made this a truly exceptional holiday.

No complaints at all - the best hotel we have ever stayed in in Europe .

The individual attention to our questions and requests from all members of the staff and managers - Nicoletta and Dimitris - was really exceptional . The Breakfasts were sensationally good . We will return next year !

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Amazing breakfast and super friendly staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

Amazing breakfast, friendly staff and perfect location. City center was within walking distance and if you want to visit the villages the hotel can arrange for a rental car to be brought to the hotel. The staff at this hotel went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great and didn’t mind answering the many questions we had. Thanks so much!

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

We had a great stay at hotel Grotta!
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We booked the balcony with a sea view. The room actually has a nice view on the sea, but somehow we were not persuaded to sit down and relax on the balcony. I'm not sure if we would pay extra and book the room with sea view again. For us the view was not really worth it. A room without sea view would be fine as well.

We had a great stay at hotel Grotta! The room is nicely furnished and everything is very clean. The breakfast buffet offers a great variety and is very delicious. The best about the hotel is the location. Its located very close to the centre of Naxos city, only 5 minutes by foot. Many thanks also to the nice hotel employees for your great service! :-)

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Room was really nice, staff were excellent and breakfast was...
    • Double or Twin Room

Absolutely nothing, amazing hotel, can’t wait to comeback

Room was really nice, staff were excellent and breakfast was the best I have ever had in a hotel.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Very relaxed welcoming atmosphere
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Nothing - would have liked to stay longer

From the moment we walked in it felt like “home”. Everyone was very friendly and the food was all homemade traditional Greek.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Great place! Easy walk to town - wonderful family run hotel.

Pool was small

Excellent staff!! Extremely friendly, clean, and accommodating. They will do anything for you. Breakfast far exceeds expectations- Extensive and all freshly baked every morning. I travel 100 nights a year and rate this very highly.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

The best hotel of our 2 week island hopping holiday
    • Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately there is no outdoor pool.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and the food was excellent. It hard to believe this hotel is only rated at 1 star. It is the equivalent of a 4 star boutique hotel.