Reviews of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Av, Airport W. 4 stars

40.2 Klm Attica Avenue, Athens, 19002, Greece

#135 of 295 hotels in Athens

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Excellent hotel close to airport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We stayed at this hotel as it was close to the airport and we were only spending one night in Athens and then going to Mykonos. The hotel was very nice and restaurant food very good. Staff was also very good. Also provided free shuttle service to and from airport.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Fantastic hotel with close proximity to the Airport.

The shower head in my apartment was broken. For a hotel of this quality and cost, I would expect regular maintenance on broken items.

The bed was extra comfy! Such a wonderful little room with great facilities. There was also great Room service and food options that were available all night. The free shuttle to the airport is super helpful and its only a short drive away from the hotel. Would definitely stay here again!

The shuttle service was excellent!

Our dinner was good however the restaurant staff was chatting at the bar the entire time we were there and they were speaking loud. Their conversation was not work related and we found it disruptive as dinner guests and very unprofessional on their part.

The shuttle service was excellent! The driver was very attentive and professional.

Paid for breakfast when I booked but when I went for...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Paid for breakfast when I booked but when I went for breakfast I was told breakfast not included. Reception was contacted and confirmed breakfast non included. I had produced my confirmation from Booking.com, before I was believed!!!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

A comfortable stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel was further out from the airport than expected. We had to get a taxi as, although we waited for a shuttle bus, we never saw one. It would be good for the hotel to explain where exactly to stand outside the airport to get the shuttle bus and to advertise the times of the buses so you know whether to wait or to get a taxi,

It was a very comfortable stay.

We will definitely recommend this hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I just wish the pool was a little longer and had some dedicated space on the deck where I could put my cloths and slippers. These of course are very minor things.

Needed a hotel close to airport. The Holiday Inn offered free shuttle from and to the airport. Arrived at the hotel before check in time and while we enjoyed our coffee we had the room ready within the hour. Later in the day we enjoyed a very tasty lunch and then a nice swim in the indoor swimming pool and used the gym. The room was very comfortable and the mattress just right for a peaceful sleep. The next day we enjoyed the rich buffet breakfast and then used the free shuttle to go to the airport. All hotel employees we encountered were very polite and helpful. We will definitely use this hotel in the future.

Terribole staff, worst place I ever stayed!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff so rude and nasty. I work in the United Nation will tell all on our home page about his hotel

Bad hotel should never recommend this to any other people

Excellent place for a short stay.
    • Twin Room - Smoking

One needs a car to travel around, although there is a bus that terminates in the centre of Athens, other locations however are not easy to access without a car

Lovely modern facilities, excellent breakfast, and free pickup from the airport and drop off. Very convenient for the airport.

Great location if you need to go to the airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No shops or restaurants in the area. Hotel restaurant is your only choice.

Great location if you need to go to the airport. Easy to catch the bus to Acropolis. Only 6.00 euros one way. Bus stop is one block from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

My stay with my father was very enjoyable thank you!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bus schedule at the airport. I waited for two hours and the bus never came. Maybe just tell people to be upstairs at departures? That would make it super easy for travelers.

The staff was very nice. Thank you Giorgo the bus driver and Irini the receptionist for your help!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Nice clean friendly staff hotels that I would recommended to others

Alittle more expensive than in the past but this could be due to he summer season and demand and supply in the area

Great hotel have been there many time before and would recommend other to stay however found it a bit pricey this time around

Why would you stay at the Sofitel for a huge amount of money.

Nothinf

Why would you stay at the Sofitel for a huge amount of money. This place offers free shuttle on the hour to and fro the airport which is 12 mins away. Our entire experience was top quality. It made our over night stay in Athens the best it’s been in 8 years of travelling here in regards to easy access in and out of Athens on to other islands. The meals were lovely and the drinks very cold. All in all a lovely time was had. Will stay again for sure.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The shuttle bus was kind of a waste, which is the only...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The shuttle bus was kind of a waste, which is the only reason we stayed at this hotel. They didn’t use their larger shuttle and instead showed up late to the airport with a tiny 8-seater van, which wasn’t enough for the horde of 30 people waiting. Just shell out the money and stay at the Sofitel.

We had a problem with the shuttle at Athens Airport.

We had a problem with the shuttle at Athens Airport. We waited 1h and half at the parking where the shuttle was supposed to stop but ir never arrived. We had to take a taxi to go to the Hotel. Very annoying.

The Hotel is probably one of the best in Athens.

The Hotel is probably one of the best in Athens. It is 40mins away from Centre but 10-15mins away from Airport. It is a very nice and comfortable Hotel with great views from room. The Restaurant has very good food too.

Pleased with our decision to stay with you.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

You’re restaurant was very overpriced, taking shameless advantage of the lack of other restaurants nearby. My only complaint of an otherwise very satisfying experience, but one that weighs heavily on my overall view of your hotel.

A fantastic, extremely comfortable and exceptionally run hotel. You’re staff was so friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. We were very pleased to be able to check in early as we came in on an early flight and wanted to dump our luggage and get into Athens.

I liked the proximity to the airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a high percentage of Americans.

I liked the proximity to the airport. The breakfast was excellent. There were several gluten-free options, fresh fruits, good coffee, and a variety of dishes to please many nationalities. The staff was very professional and pleasant. There was a high percentage of Americans staying as guests. Everyone spoke English well.

Great breakfast & lovely staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It is a little over priced - but convenient if staying over for a transfer

Upon check in the staff were extremely nice, which was great just coming off a day of travel. Only stayed here as a stop over between flights. I ordered Breakfast room service for 20 euros which was great and could order as much as I wanted. Free airport transfer which is great!

Comfortable, great layover location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location, easy bus access to downtown attractions. Great shuttle service. Beds were comfortable with great pillows. I would definitely recommend this hotel for long layovers!

Overall I received value for money. In most respects the hotel exceeded my expectations.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed and pillows were not as comfortable as I expected for a hotel of that rating. The hotel was further away from the airport than I expected but it did offer a complimentary shuttle which I used on my return to the Airport.

The staff were very professional and courteous

Clean and comfortable.
    • Twin Room - Smoking

Shuttle bus to airport is on hourly frequency which means you can wait quite some time. The price is quite high.

Clean and comfortable. Nice breakfast.

Comfortable room, spacious, not far from the airport. Shuttle bus service available.

Standard of the hotel could be better. Cleaner was mopping the floor in the morning whilst people were up & about in the foyer. She should not be seen.

Room very spacious. Very comfortable mattress. Well equipped room.

Overpriced and did not meet expectations
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

location in an area with nothing but a service station. Breakfasts were not what I expected and not worth the extra charge. Took a day to fix one toaster!

Rooms comfortable

Close to airport; nice staff, comfortable rooms.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The restaurant food was not that great, but it was too far a drive to go anywhere else. The TV at the pool was left on with obnoxious video and the water in the pool felt cold.

Rooms were nice; easy to connect with the neighboring room, and plenty of amenities. The staff behind the desk was helpful and friendly.

Nice location if you want something close to the airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I almost mist my flight because the staff forgot to make the wake up call!!! Luckily I set up an alarm on my cell phone just in case. Nothing but a gas station nearby.

Nice location if you want something close to the airport. Free shuttle to and from the airport. One of the quietest rooms I’ve been in.

The best part of this hotel is the the pool level.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Pool and bar/restaurant on pool level. Amazing staff excellent friendly service from Stella 👋😀

The best part of this hotel is the the pool level. Great view sunset and service. Stella is a gem 🥂🥂

enjoyable for us
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

it is a bit far from the airport and in an isolated area

the shuttle bus comes in with other hotel ones and is bright green so you won't miss it among the black ones. Had a lovely dinner therre

See above
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A reply to e-mails sent by customers.

Everything was perfect, except for e-mails I have sent with no reply from Holiday Inn. I add to call to get an answer to my question about the airport bus shuttle. The room price is lower if you book directly from the Holiday Inn website, and not through booking.com

as expected
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is totally isolated. No facility around. Unable to walk as the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. With that in mind I thought the restaurant should offer a bigger menu and at better rates...

close enough to airport. And the facilities were very clean

Great location for overnight airport layover
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Price wasn't exceptionally high for the area, but we still found it quite expensive for a quick 1 night stay

Great location near airport for quick overnight layover

Great location for overnight airport layover

The location was perfect as it was close to the airport and we didn't have much time. The included airport shuttle service was also very useful.

We flew in at 1pm on a Saturday and were to lgly off again at 10am the next day so perfect place

The bathroom is looking a little tired, the grout of the floor tiles needs a thorough scrubbing.

Great location when doing a quick transfer with the bonus of a shuttle bus to get to and from the airport. Great breakfast. Very attentive staff

Close to airport, a little expensive.

Found the hotel quite expensive, but given its one of only a couple within proximity to the airport found it unsurprising.

Stayed here due to proximity of the airport. Great transit hotel.

We were there less than 12 hours ... would not want to spend any more time here.

The location is very poor. There is nothing to do in the area, hard to even find a place to go for a walk, no eating options other than in the hotel. Very high price justified by proximity to airport, and it is not even that close to airport. It was a big disappointment, especially given how nice everywhere else in Greece was.

Good quality rest for any frequent traveler
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The listing on booking could contain the shuttle schedule as it is not a 24hr serivce.

Great bed, spacious rooms. Breakfast is amazing. Decent place to stay for an overnight layover.

Good choice for a layover

Good choice if you neither want to fork out big bucks to stay at the airport nor trek all the way into town. The shuttle service was great. Only complaint is that the bed was so comfortable we slept in and missed the breakfast we'd paid for! :)

Modern hotel 20 minutes from the Athens airport

If you want to use their free shuttle bus, you need to reserve a seat in advance to ensure they can accommodate you. Otherwise the taxi fare to the airport will cost you 20 Euros (20 minutes).

This is a modern corporate hotel with all the amenities.

great bed, but its too smaller for a extra-bed.

i have been to contacted to hotel about pickup service from Airport to hotel if possible, they never reply me, next time please reply me as more clearly information.

great bed, but its too smaller for a extra-bed. Reception staff is very nicely!

Beautiful, comfortable and modern hotel close to airport.

There was an extremely noisy group of teen-aged girls lodged next door to us and down the hall. They kept us awake much of the night, even after I spoke to them. Eventually we called the front desk clerk and he managed to quiet them.

Beautiful, comfortable and modern hotel close to airport. Easy to find the shuttle location and shuttle runs hourly in each direction.

Standard hotel for an overnight on way to or from airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff could show a bit more enthusiasm. The aircondition!ng blew air with cigarette smell into the room.

Convenient location for airport access at around 7 km from the terminal. Rooms are pleasant and amply sized. The bedding is of good quality. The bathroom was spacious and came with all expected commodities. The hotel provides underground parking at no charge. The WiFi was strong and reliable (free of charge). The rooms were well sound proofed: no news from the nearby highway or neighboring rooms was audible.

It was okay, not sure if i will stay there again.

There is no assistance with luggage to your rooms unless you want to push the trolley yourself, a bit difficult with a minor child.... No restaurants nearby and the food from the restraint was below average and overpriced and all food is prepared so no variations are accepted.

Great service with free shuttle to airport.

Our stay was Okay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Although not a major problem, the elevator quit working on our first trip to our room. It was fixed immediately though. Staff person that greeted us on check-in was not very friendly.

Room was nice, clean and comfortable. Nice location with a free airport shuttle to the airport.

A quiet place for transits.

There was no information about the shuttle as I took a taxi to get there although they offer free shuttle.

The location is close to the airport around 10 mins! It’s comfortable for one or two night before your flight.

It is my second stay there and I don't recommend it. To avoid unless no other option.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This place is too expensive for what you get in return. We reguested a double room with two single beds and as they didn't properly plan we ended up in the handicap room where it was difficult to take a standing shower. We called them to make a booking over the phone as my father is a rewards member and they lied to us and told us they were already booked. The rooms are over priced. They take advantage that they are the only "low cost" (not 5 star) hotel near the airport that provides a shuttle. Unless it is absolutely necessary to stay near the airport it is not worthyour stay. Would be worth another cheap hotel chain to find a spot not far from the aiport and provide some competition.

Good hotel for business travelers near Athens airport

Could use a bit of refreshing (e.g. bathroom, swimming pool area etc).

Good location, helpful staff, spacious and quiet room despite proximity to busy highway, great food at the restaurant.

Average hotel but considering the price really not worth the money

Considering the cost, facilities, rooms, breakfast etc. was not good enough. Everything seems a bit worn down, breakfast was bad to be honest (Bread was dry, very bad coffee, bad selections for the bread and it wasnt very tasty, not a lot of healty choices other than the fruits).

Staff was very friendly and helpful, plenty of fruits at the breakfast.

Perfectly comfortable, and easy for an early morning flight out of Athens International.

Breakfast included in the rate, which was not inexpensive, would have been nice.

The hotel was renovated a few years ago and is so nice! I never expected this from a Holiday Inn.

Rooms spacious and beds very comfortable

The shuttle bus from to and from the airport were not frequent enough so rather than wait a whole hour after our plane landed, we had to get a taxi. Also nothing on the website or in the airport indicates where to meet the courtesy bus to the hotel.

Rooms spacious and beds very comfortable

Generally very good efficient staff and shuttle service was...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Range of food at breakfast could be improved. Overreliance on pork meats which is no doubt popular but a range of non pork meats eg. beef slices lamb or seafood would be good.

Generally very good efficient staff and shuttle service was a great bonus. I would come again.

Clean & quite rooms, good internet.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Shuttle bas runs every hour, not every half on hour. So if one lands at 01:00 am, the bus comes at 02:00 to pick him/her up. I was travelling all day, from 10:30am and landed at 01:10 in Athens and I had to wait until 02:00 to be picked up - I took a taxi that cost me EUR40! I think the hotel should rethink about this (good) hourly services based on the demand and not on the supply... Nothing special for breakfast. Normal.

Clean & quite rooms, good internet.

Hotel was fine, restaurant was not, we are both very sick 4 days later.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We both got food poisoning from the restaurant and have been violently ill for four days. Travel was uncomfortable to say the least and neither of us have returned to work yet.

Free shuttle

Over priced for Athens and expensive to get to. Be sure to arrange the shuttle.
    • Twin Room - Smoking

It’s not that close to the airport and the shuttle to the hotel from the airport was not easily found. We thus paid an exhorbatant taxi fare. The taxi driver just happily DOUBLED the amount displayed!

It was clean and professional.

Lovely hotel, be aware of pre authorisation.

I was extremely surprised and somewhat disappointed at the communication level of the staff. Upon checking in they advised that my accommodation was not paid for despite my company paying through booking.com. The staff member advised she would take €150 as a pre authorisation, until my company got in touch with the hotel and paid, which was no problem, but upon checking my account, they had taken out over €900. The pre authorisation is €50 per day, which is very excessive. This was not communicated by and staff member. When I spoke with reception, they advised this was their policy, albeit a policy they do not communicate. When speaking with colleagues who were also staying in the hotel, some were charged €25 and other €50 per day. When checking in, this should be clarified. Be aware!

The hotel was very warm and comfortable. Great room, great breakfast, and the facilities were good. The pool was a little bit cold, although the sauna was nice. There is a shop and take away food bar next door to the hotel too, if you don't fancy eating in the hotel. There is also a free shuttle bus to and from the airport. This needs to be booked in advance from leaving the hotel, just to make sure you get a space as it can be quite busy.

comfortable and close to the airport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

when I arrived at the airport I called the hotel to find out about the transfer, they told me that it would take an hour. I had to go on a public bus with a rude driver.

close to the airport. staff are friendly. the room is comfortable and the bed very good

Comfortable bed, shower and overall the bedroom was spacey...

The free bus facility is poorly advertised. When I booked I was unaware of the facility where the bus parked or what times it operated. My idea is that you put this facility on the booking form, or p the print out so that customers know of its existence.

Comfortable bed, shower and overall the bedroom was spacey and clean. There was a warm welcome from the staff at reception both on booking in and booking out. The staff in the bar were polite, and service was excellent.

comfortable and clean room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

very expensive. Min bar more expensive than in London city in front of the Big ben. Limited breakfast ad very expensive......too far from airport!

comfortable and clean room. Large bed!!

As bad as it gets
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was not nice at all as a photo on a website. It was old and poor facility. The front desk female stuff was extremally unfriendly and means and has no hospitality. Many people bring issue including me such as card key does not work or toilet does not flash, etc. She just act mean and fight with hotel guest and treat them as a enemy. I did not feel peace and relaxed there. Very far from air port and there is nothing around the hotel, only free way. I do not recommend.

Πολυ καλο room service(excellent)!
    • Twin Room - Smoking

I can't think of something that I didn't like

Πολυ καλο room service(excellent)!!the salmon plate was delicious!!! very clean room!!!very good WiFi!!! And really close to the airport!!!

Great staff, good restaurant, great airport shuttle and lovely rooms
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The restaurant is good and the food interesting but it should be larger or perhaps there should be additionally a small snackbar/cafe as another option

The staff are the real gem at this hotel- friendly and professional and eager to help

I would stay there another time.

Walls of the room are quite thin. I had couple neighbours who made noise untill 1 am.

Room was big, clean. Bed was exelent. Bathtub big plus. Tv had lots of good channels. Breakfast was plentiful.

Excellent location for connecting to the airport.

Excellent location for connecting to the airport. Staff extremely helpful and rooms clean comfortable and well equipped hairdryer, kettle, iron/board.

Great location to Athens Aiport.

Pool to be available.

The room was fantastic. Modern & clean and plenty of room to move around. Airport shuttle to hotel free of charge was a bonus.

Overpriced with terrible breakfast.

The hotel did not inform us when asked if they had an airport pick-up. It cost us 30 Euro for the taxi. Morning shuttle was booked so we had to catch a much earlier one. Breakfast was poor. Weak coffee with cold milk. None of the food was hot - just warm. No personal service even though three staff were hanging about. Highly priced hotel. Little value for the money.

Good airport hotel. Excellent transit stop before the long journey home.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff were very helpful and obliging. Hotel clean and modern. Free shuttle to and from airport nearby. Convenient location compared to staying downtown which is 45 min away from airport (one-way)

Nice hotel close to airport with free airport shuttle service.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There's a airport shuttle that picks up and drop off people which was the reason we chose this hotel because we came into Athens late at night and had to fly out early in morning.

My partner and I stayed at Holiday Inn Athens overnight.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

My partner and I stayed at Holiday Inn Athens overnight. We were catching our flight home the following day. I found the hotel very clean, staff extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms were huge as were the beds. We ordered room service for dinner and it was fast and delicious. There was a big variety for breakfast and everything was fresh and tasty. The complimentary airport shuttle was fantastic - convenient, easy to recognise and prompt. Definitely would stay here again.

Just stay there hours at night for early flight.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The details for shuttle bus could be posted. It was a bit hard to find information.

Just stay there hours at night for early flight. It's a typical american style, which make me feel comfortable. shuttle bus is a huge plus.

comfortable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The price is somewhat high

The hotel is ideal for an overnight stay between a flight and another; the hotel is very close to the airport to which is connected with a free shuttle every hour. Plus, you can reach the centre of Athens with bus (X95) which stops at a couple hunderd meters from the hotel for only 6€

Good for one night layover
    • Twin Room - Smoking

rates are higher than normal because there are so few hotels around Athens airport.

Best location other than being within the Athens airport area, good shuttle service, nice for one night layover.

Good overnight stopover hotel,
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A larger bus for the shuttle, so no-one is left behind waiting. Less expensive breakfast option.

Free Hotel Airport shuttle. We did have to wait about 10 minutes for it and then didn't fit on so had to wait for it to come back again which took about another 30mins. The Public Airport shuttle bus goes right past the hotel regularly, to Athens. it cost about 6 Euro one way. So it is easy to get to Athens to spend time there. The hotel is very clean and modern with great facilities. We had dinner in the restaurant which was good value and was good. There is a petrol station near by which sells food also. The staff were very attentive and helpful.

Clean, comfortable, perfect if needing overnight stay by the airport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No top sheet bedding, just a comforter/duvet. Thin walls - had loud neighbours/could hear them in the hall and late hours. The air conditioner didn't seem to work - had it at 18 degrees Celsius and was still warm. Instant coffee vs drip/filtered coffee.

Clean, had free shuttle to and from airport, friendly staff at reception and in Golden Bar - which had pretty decent food for good value.

Convenient and comfortable but pricey.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There are very few options for lodgings near the airport, and I found the cost of the Holiday Inn to be higher than what I would usually pay.

Convenient location with free shuttle to and from the airport. Very comfortable rooms with good beds and bedding. The meal in the bar was surprisingly good.

location is good, near airport.

poor breakfast price is too hi! on reception they cheat me with the payment ... I asked booking.com about that...

location is good, near airport. free transfer to airport. clean enough room.

Friendly staff, free shuttle to and from the airport, free wifi.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I arrived late from Santorini and have early flight to Paris, so I stayed at Holiday Inn to be nearer to the airport. They provide free shuttle to and from the airport.

Decent sized room, clean and nicely decorated.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel location is quite isolated. (10 mins drive from the airport). Although free shuttle bus is provided every hour, it’s still a bit inconvenient to go to places other than the airport. Besides, I suggest the hotel could place a signage outside arrival gate5 leading to the carpark there so passengers will know where to wait for the shuttle bus. It was not so easy to find if we had not done some research beforehand.

Decent sized room, clean and nicely decorated. Beds are very comfy, we stayed here for 1 night before going to Santorini and another 2 nights after flying back to Athens. Staff are friendly and helpful. Overall quite satisfied with the service standard and good value for money.