Reviews of Irene Apartments

Main Street, Agios Gordios, 49084, Greece

We have stayed many times over many years and have been usually happy but not this occasion.

We booked 3x rooms 1 off the rooms my nephew stayed in with his wife and his two young children, half way through our stay as he opened the shower the door it simply fell off and smashed all over him, no body asked how he was, an unknown man suggested that we had used a screwdriver and tampered with the door! my nephew sustained quiet a few minor cuts to his feet, legs and arms, thankfully it wasn't his 2 or 4 year old children they would not have had the sense to stay still, they spent several days chasing payment for the shower door, on several occasions a man unknown to us even stopped us in the street, this is still an ongoing issue! Irene explained this accommodation block wasn't theirs and they simply rent it on behalf somebody else even though we booked with Irene via booking.com and it is labelled Irene Annex D, the whole experience spoiled the remainder of our holiday. we did not break the door or mistreat it in any way, it simply fell off as it was slid sideways to open it yet we was treated as though we vandalised the property. When you look at the pictures you can see a nice large grassed area in front of our accommodation, after a long day to would be nice to let the children play on the grass so we could get changed etc while keeping them away from the pool area, from the looks given we got the impression the owners father didn't really want the children to play on it. one of our children stood on a small bedding plant and although we apologised and chastised our child for what he had done, it was quiet clear they didn't really want the children playing in or around the garden. On a positive note, Gregory who I believe is one of the sons could not do enough for you, he usually serves food and drinks around the pool, he is good with the children and very attentive to your needs.

the accommodation in the new block (wellness building) is to a good standard although a bottle of water in the fridge may have been nice for on arrival.

Very bad service
    • Superior Studio with Mountain View

I was charged for 6 days for air conditioning (I was using it only for 3 days). I agreed with staff 40€ for week for extra bed for my 2.5y old son, after 1 day we decided to give back extra bed. They charged us 10€ for 1 day. I have payed by cash, but they told me that they couldn’t give refund for bed and they would do a return on my credit card (they didn’t). Staff was rude and unpleasant. When I tried to talk with her she told she had no time for me. Cleaning lady twice wanted to clean our room at 14:00 when we were going back from beach and our son was going to have a nap. 2 days before check out I asked for fresh towels and lady told me that “no towels for you”. THE WORST APARTMENT I HAVE EVER BEEN. In place where we live I own 2 apartments and I couldn’t even think that I can treat my Host in that way that they did.

Very good location, few minutes walk to the seaside.

A Great holiday
    • Standard Studio

Small showers

The pool area :), The food was healthy and tasty, continental breakfast and traditional greek meals. The room was cleaned everyday. Great location! Walking distance to beach shops ect...

Another lovely holiday at Irene's. Going back again next year.
    • Superior Studio

There was nothing I did not like.

The room was clean, light and airy. Comfy bed. Quiet and efficient aircon. Street view at front, village and sea view to rear from top floor. No mosquito problems. What really makes Irene's is the lovely staff, super welcome, great pool and pool bar and very good food.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Never again!!
    • Superior Studio with Mountain View

Checking in, extremely rude staff. Wrong type of room given. Wifi was non existent. Lack of fresh towels, toilet roll, fresh sheets (check out my pics of these so called fresh sheets for yourself!) and change of bin. Hidden charges for Air con, safe etc. Very basic kitchen. Poor bathroom and uncomfortable beds.

When we left!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Nice place in a good resort
    • Deluxe Double Studio

Room a bit small but having said that everything was in good condition, especially the shower which is much appreciated.

Nice (lively) pool which was 'eco' therefore good for myself and my son so our skin doesn't react getting irritated and itchy. Very courteous staff and tasty clean food on site.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Very pleasant
    • Studio with Garden View

Noise from main road if in main block.

Everything has been thought of for your stay. Stayed in annexe 1st night, very peaceful and mosquito screens in situ. 2nd night in room in main block on main road. Very noisy and no mosquito screens here so not so comfy but still everything in the room.

Good Price Nice people
    • Studio with Garden View

The cooking ‘tools’ as forks spoons dishes were bit too few. I expected at least set of 6 pieces

Good Price Nice people

Enjoyable stay, friendly staff.food was delicious
    • Deluxe Double Studio

Location was lovely.Room was great.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Amazing new apartment

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Most enjoyable

Nothing really.

Location and near the beach

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

The walk to the pool and busy road so noisy

The walk to the pool and busy road so noisy

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

6.0
    We can't watch TV.
    • Superior Apartment

We can't watch TV. The bed for the children was incomfortable. Same breakfast every day.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Lovely location - v relaxing

The wellness spot apartments are fab Pool is great and the older apartments are fine .

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

very good

just good

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Fabulous stay at Irene apartments
    • Standard Studio

The food at the bar was delicious, the pool area pristine with service by your pool lounger, really chilled out.

There are also 8 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.