Reviews of Hotel Katerina 3 stars

#1 of 14 hotels in Mylopotas

9.8

9.8

• Double Room with Sea View

Nothing, everything was fine.

It was a family run business and they went above and beyond to make sure everything was great. Excellent customer service, better than a 5 star hotel.

• Double Room with Sea View

The whole experience was spot on from the free pick up from the port to our drop of at the end of our stay. Fantastic family run place, spotlessly clean and views were amazing from balcony & pool areas. We would love to return one day.

• Double Room with Sea View

I wish I could have stayed longer.

It's a family owned hotel. The room was nice, the mattress was soft, the view from my room was amazing. The bathroom was classy. The staff was warm. They picked me up and dropped me off at port and pointed out stores, shopping, the path to the beach and to the port.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

There are quite a few steps, some around the hotel but a lot to get down to the beach, was completely doable and didn’t put us off but something to keep in mind, especially after a few strawberry daiquiris!

The view was breathtaking and being high up was amazing. The room was great ( bathroom was fine although due an upgrade which is being done one room at a time). The family were really welcoming and very helpful. The breakfast was excellent, freshly cooked and really tasty. As we were there early June the hotel was very quiet and had the pool to ourselves most days. Sunbathing around the pool and enjoying breakfast looking out at the view was the best part of our trip! Highly recommend climbing up to the church in the old town for some spectacular views! (Lots of steps though!)

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Nothing negative to say about the property at all.

Great location overlooking the bay but close to the village. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Tremendous value for money.

• Double Room with Sea View

There is nothing to dislike, it is wonderful.

The view from the hotel ( all rooms have sea views) is spectacular, overlooking Mylopotas bay and if clear as far as Santorini. The room was clean and comfortable. The joy of sitting on our balcony with a beer or two taking in the view was idyllic. The family that run the hotel are wonderfull, helping with car hire, ferry times, restaurants etc. They also have a small breakfast menu and a bar by the pool. We have loved the hotel that much that we extended our stay. The hotel is perched high on the side of the bay and can be a bit of a struggle getting up and down too if you have any mobility issues but a big plus is you can wave the local bus down to take you to the port, chora or Mylopotas., at the end of the driveway. The hotel also picks you up/ drops you off at the ferry terminal.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Such a great thing me staying here, a beautiful family, so helpful, very kind and willing to help you out how ever possible! Can’t wait to go back. Too effort guys!

• Double Room with Sea View

A bin in the bedroom and extra blankets (which would probably have been provided if we'd only asked for them... the customer service here is exceptional) : )

Our stay at Katerina was fantastic! This family run place is perfect and they are so welcoming in every way; they also collect from the port. The view from our balcony literally made us breathless it was so beautiful. The pool area and view is a wonderful place to hang out. It's a 10 minute walk into the characterful old town. We definitely want to come back!

• Double Room with Sea View

Everything! The views were spectacular! So peaceful. The family run hotel is just wonderful. They were so helpful and breakfast was delicious and freshly made each morning.

nothing. prefection

we had a FANTASTIC room, it was clean, comfortable and quiet. the staff here couldn't be more helpful. Breakfast was great by the pool. the owner picked us up from the port and dropped us off. its a short lk into town, and to the beach, so best of both worlds! cant fault this hotel in any way, and its great value. second stay here and we will be back!

• Double Room with Sea View

The hotel is run by a local family and they all go above and beyond to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The views from the rooms and the pool area are amazing. Next time we are in Ios we know where we will be staying. 10/10

• Triple Room with Sea View

Hotel Katerina completely exceeded our expectations. We were blown away when we arrived to such a gorgeous view and stunning pool. A gorgeous Greek family run the hotel and they're extremely helpful. We loved the location - a short walk from the beach & town!

• Triple Room with Sea View

There is nothing not to love. Please trust us and ignore any reviews that say anything negative

The location was perfect - inbetween beach and town. Excellent sized bedroom and exceptionally clean, daily towel changes, pool is lovely and stunning view of beach from pool. The family who run it are out of this world - went above and beyond with advice and were so welcoming and kind

• Triple Room with Sea View

The family who runs the hotel are amazing, they are so friendly and willing to help guests to solve problems and make sure their trip is amazing! The property is centrally located between Mylopotas and the village which makes it easily accessible to go everywhere by walking! Overall great experience!

• Double Room with Sea View

The location and property was absolutely amazing! The staff were beyond friendly and always willing to help. Will be definitely booking here again if I return to Ios.

• Double Room with Sea View

Beautiful property with gorgeous pool area. Rooms newly refurbished and were large and comfortable with everything we could require, including large outdoor patio areas which are lovely to sit out on in the evening and admire the stunning views. Close to beach and also town. Family run hotel and they could not have been more welcoming or helpful. Vicki was a standout and a true credit to her family welcomed us every day with a smile and could not have been anymore accommodating. Definitely will be back was such a wonderful place to stay.

• Double Room with Sea View

Staff were fantastic and very accommodating. They picked us up from the port and showed us a few of the local favourites. It was ideally located between the beach and town.

• Double Room with Sea View

Beautiful hotel close to the main beach and walking distance to the old town. Nice and quiet despite Ios' reputation as a party island. The staff at the hotel take pride in their work and do all they can to ensure your stay is a good one. Our room was recently refurbished, was at the highest point of the hotel and the view and the terrace were stunning. Bar available to drinks and snacks at a reasonable price.

• Double Room with Sea View

We had a great time all I can say about the hotel was that the towels were very hard and bugs did get in but that didn't bother us too much, and the time that we went there were a LOT of very young travellers that were obnoxious but Ios is known for party travellers.

The hotel and view from our room was beautiful !!!! The owners of the hotel was a family and they were very nice and helpful. We were close to Mylopotas Beach only a walk away down this very steep hill! Or you can take a car down the road. We were also a short drive from the town. We got picked up by the hotel owner who was so nice ! He also drove us back when we were leaving the resort!

• Triple Room with Sea View

There is nothing that i didnt like about this Hotel!

I cannot begin to explain, how beautiful this hotel is. It exceeded my expectations and more. I have never stayed in a more beautiful hotel in my life. I was really worried travelling alone, but they upgraded my room to the triple room for my birthday. Its a family owned hotel, the daughter ho speaks excellent English was amazing, super helpful. Very friendly. Just all in all a diamond! Her mother made me a cake and ice cream on my arrival, which brought a tear to my eye! The private balcony, the view from the room, the view from the pool. out of this world. What i paid for, WAS outweighed by the amount that i received in this hotel. I cannot thank the whole family enough for making my time in Ios, one to remember. The grounds are clean always and you never see a cleaner. The place is secured at night to protect the pool. I was in awe honestly! The room size was absolutely massive, and i was alone so even bigger. Beds where comfy, bathroom clean and tidy. fresh towels everyday! Thank you thankyou thankyou hotel Katerina.. which is name after the daughter of the family!

• Double Room with Sea View

The bed frame was too small for me and I didn't sleep well. Very lumpy pillows as well. Breakfast was very disappointing and could be much better for the price paid.

Good location, walking distance between the town and main beach. Clean, modern rooms and nice pool area. A lift to and from the port was a massive bonus! quiet - Ios is a party island but this place was nice and relaxed.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Triple Room with Sea View

It looks like it's beside the beach but it's on the top of a very very steep hill and me being fit and in my 20s I still really struggled to walk up and down to the beach! .. It's also a walk away from the centre of chora and there is only one restraunt b3side the hotel so unless u plan on renting a quad or scooter it's a really awkward location.

The swimming pool area is beautiful and the view from balcony was beautiful too ! The staff are lovely and the bedrooms are spacious.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Beds were a little on the hard side (not firm, but actually hard), if you are staying for more than a couple of days, it might get a little uncomfortable.

Couldn't have asked for a nicer property with an amazing view overlooking the beach! Staff were extremely welcoming and friendly, and even recommended a boat tour which turned out to be AMAZING!! Great location to walk to the beach (although it's an uphill walk back) and also great location to walk into the town centre.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Apparently the bacon was smoked and a little under cooked but I never had any.

Limited choice of breakfast but ok for a small hotel. I loved the Greek yoghurt& fruit salad & my husband liked the toasties.

• Triple Room with Sea View

Friendly and helpful staff, nice view above Mylopotas beach at the poolside and from the rooms. The Hotel is between the beach and village so you can reach both easily by foot. Very fair price and for me a strong recommendation.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Triple Room with Sea View

The rooms advertised on booking was not the room we were given. I booked the room in March for an August stay. The photos showing was of another room but when I asked them they said I should have called to confirm the room I wanted (even though that wasn't instructed when I booked the room). I have asked for a refund and their excuse was that because it was booked via booking.com they could not give me a discount as they pay them 15%. We also had an issue with a bad odour coming from the bathroom. I booked the room based on the photos advertised and the rating of the hotel but I was very disappointed with my stay.

Island directions and information were given to us by the daughter of the owner along with a free map on the first day.

• Double Room with Sea View

The only thing we missed was tea and coffee making facilities. It wasn't a problem as there's a fridge in the room so plenty of cold drinks.

Loved everything place was so clean and beautiful views. Our room was excellent. The Katerina family made us so welcome and nothing was too much trouble for them. iOS is a beautiful place with lots of lovely beaches. The island is was you make it a very quiet holiday or very lively.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Wi-fi very good, but there were days when the signal was a little bit low. Unsecured network. And beds are at first a little bit hard but you get used to it.

The family who runs apartments are really great people. Very friendly. Good service. Extremely nice and clean rooms. Cleaned daily. New towels every day. Also bed sheets changed regularly. Great view from rooms and from terrace by the pool. Very close to the Mylopotas beach and to the town. Around 5 -10 minutes walk. We had wonderful time and would stay here again if we come to Ios.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Just a minor thing -- a waste paper bin in the room would have been helpful.

Very comfortable beds, wonderful views to Molypatos beach and the sea, helpful and friendly owners and family (Vicky always smiling and happy to help), room cleaned daily, awesome fresh orange juice and great omelettes, 15-20 minutes walk to and from Molypatos beach via footpath, clean pool and quiet hotel in September.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

The location and view are amazing. The family which owns the hotel is the best... they helped us to everything we need and they were very kind and helpful with us. Food from the bar is very good. We recommend it without a doubt.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Great location and beautiful views. Short walk into the village. Rooms are a little dated but clean and comfortable. Pool area is fantastic and has the most amazing views. Also has a pool side bar to order food and drink. Owners are so friendly and accommodating. Picked me up from the ferry and even dropped me off to where I needed to go on check out. Would definitely book here again and recommend.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Great hotel on Ios- highly recommend anyone stay here! Great views, pool access, balconies in each room, and a wonderful staff. Walking distance from the town and bus stops to get around the island. Will definitely be staying here again!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

A wonderful family run hotel. Magnificent views. Lovely service, food and collection from the ferry port. Our room was clean and very comfortable. We really enjoyed relaxing time round the beautiful pool, with a beer in hand, taking in the gorgeous sea views. Thank you Hotel Katerina for a wonderful stay.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

The Hotel with the pool was very nice and the view from the hotel room over the bay of Mylopotas was just brilliant. The owners of the Hotel were very friendly and always helpful. We very appriciated the free transfer from the Port to the Hotel when arriving and return the day we left Ios again.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

No complaints! Beds a little hard, but that's pretty typical on the Greek islands if you are staying at places that aren't super pricey, so it wasn't a problem.

Amazing view from the pool and the balconies, family that owns it are very lovely and accommodating, breakfast from pool bar was delicious, rooms clean, nice bathroom

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Triple Room with Sea View

The family who owns Hotel Katerina was especially friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. Not to mention the incredible views of the Aegean and Mylopotas beach.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Mattresses hard. We borrowed the poolside lounge cushions in order to sleep better!

Wonderful family in management. Pristinely clean. Beautiful, characteristic architecture. 13 year-old property, doesn't look to be over 13 days old. Absolutely stunning view over Mylopotas Bay and beach and out to Santorini, one of the greatest in all my travels (the color of that water!) Great poolside breakfast and snack service throughout the day. Large, beautiful swimming pool. Very nice bathroom. 10 minute walk down to the beach, catch the bus back uphill to the hotel. 5 minute bus ride to town. They meet you when your ferry lands and return you to the ferrry terminal, included. Did I mention the view, the cleanliness, the quiet and the high level of service of the wonderful family managers?

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Triple Room with Sea View

We were welcomed with open arms and the staff of the family run business continued to be kind and accomodating. The room was perfect for the three of us and the bathroom and room were very clean. The pool and bar area were beautiful and the location was ideal. We have already recommended this property to many people.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

If someone twisted my arm to make a complaint, I would say the beds were a little too firm.

Outstanding service - a really lovely family runs the hotel and will do anything and everything to help you out. Absolutely breathtaking view, one of the best I've seen. Pool was a great place to relax with a beer from the restaurant/pool bar with that amazing view. Location is walking distance from both the town for a night out or from the beach for a day out. Free shuttle pickup/dropoff to the port. I could go on...it is perfect. Stay here.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

The best thing for me were the staff - the family managing the hotel are amazing people, very friendly and always willing to help. They gave me a map and showed me all the secret beaches on Ios. I also liked the pool area at night, extremely relaxing to kick back and relax.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

The family that run the hotel are such genuine and lovely people. They made us feel very much at home and were always willing to help us out or give us advice or information. Seeing their smiling faces everyday definitely contributed highly to our stay. The location is also incredible we could see the ocean from our apartment window or sitting by the pool. We will be coming back next time we are in Ios.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

The bed wasn't the comfiest! But there's really nothing bad about this hotel at all. 10 mins from the main village and 10 mins from the beach.

The hotel was beautiful! And the staff couldn't have been more friendly. View from the hotel was stunning, really was better than we expected.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Loved he family who owns he hotel! Absolutely wonderful kindhearted people. Very helpful and always attentive. That t is smack bang in the middle of both the beach and the town of chores. It's about a 10 min walk each way. Just had the most pleasent stay here

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Triple Room with Sea View

Family run hotel, were extremely friendly and helpful. Beautiful hotel with excellent views. Close to the town and beach- 5 minute walk to both. Clean rooms with comfortable beds.

• Double Room with Sea View

I liked everything on this hotel. Magic view on Mylopotas bay, very kind owners. Nothing to complain about. Would definitely come back.

• Double Room with Sea View

Fantastic sea views from pool & room. Super friendly hosts picks you up from port. Just midway between the beach & the old town.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Great taste in furniture, great view, very kind stuff!

• Double Room with Sea View

Fantastic view, very helpful friendly hosts. Very soft comfortable bed.

• Double Room with Sea View

Excellent hotel with nice view and also great location between city center and mylopotas beach area.

• Double Room with Sea View

The service was great! Perfect location and close to the beach and small village with restaurants, clubs and bars

Helpful staff.

• Double Room with Sea View

Everything about Hitel Katerina was perfect.

• Double Room with Sea View

Fantastic hotel, clean, modern, amazing views.

• Double Room with Sea View

Really nice place where to stay, awesome view and really near to the principal town

• Double Room with Sea View

Everything!!! Mr Petros and Mrs Maria were very good and helpful!!

The outstanding views

The bathroom - the A/C

Best views from balcony Ever! Excellent bed

breakfast menu

• Double Room with Sea View

Purely because I am 6'5 a 4 poster bed is not fantastic for me.

• Double Room with Sea View

The most beautiful view in the Island from the rooms and pool as well as extremely helpful and friendly staff

• Triple Room with Sea View

Everything. Staff were great, view is amazing and the facilities are top class

• Triple Room with Sea View

Very friendly and helpful family staff clean and fresh towels daily.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Double Room with Sea View

Loved hotel Katrina. The hosts were friendly and informative. Loved everything about this hotel. Will definitely be recommending and will return. 😄

Great pool

Wifi was poor

Fantastic scenery and quiet but close to local bars and restaurants

Wifi

View, breakfast

• Double Room with Sea View

Much of the island activities and entertainment was closed during early May. Missed out on quite a bit I think.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Everything was perfect

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Everything was pretty spot on :)

Absolutely beautiful location!!! The view was insane. Staff were so welcoming and friendly also :)

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Required local bus service to access beach & tavernas.

Panoramic views, helpful staff, swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Close to town and to the beach

• Double Room with Sea View

The owners are very nice people and always ready to give support and information.Very well service oriented. Very nice sea view.

• Double Room with Sea View

Just a beautiful family-run hotel. Extremely friendly and I hope to return again next year!

• Double Room with Sea View

Fabulous, family-run and spectacularly-positioned hotel. Awesome, as the Americans say.

Rooms are a bit old.

Location and staff, rooms are clean.