Reviews of Hotel Life 2 stars

Ikarou 50, Heraklio Town, 71307, Greece

#37 of 58 hotels in Heraklio Town

• Family Suite

Location was amazing for getting the the port and airport. We booked this hotel after having a horrendous experience with another and it came recommended by the taxi driver as well as the app - when we arrived the receptionist was amazing, upbeat, positive and happy - which made us feel so welcome after the previous hotel! We have just booked it for another night before we leave the Greek islands as well.

• Double Room with View of the Port

Room is rather small and bathroom shower is tiny.

Nice, comfy bed. Very close to bus terminal and port for ferry connection. Good WiFi. Walking distance to the city center.

• Double Room with View of the Port

The shower had good cold pressure but not pressure for warm/hot. It had a shower head that attached on the wall at a set height that was too high for me to reach.

The friendly family and great breakfast. Good assistance locally in finding the taverna preferred by locals.

• Double Room with Balcony

We chose this hotel for its location close to the Port as we were getting the ferry in the morning. Ideally located as only a short walk away. We were so happy we did as there is a lot more going for this hotel. The hotel felt very new and everything was of a high standard. The bed was super comfy and we didn't want to leave, but unfortunately had an early ferry to catch. Very clean and tidy. We arrived early and the staff kindly looked after our bags while we went sight seeing. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great service with a smile. We would highly recommend this hotel, it was great find.

Requested parking at time of registration with Booking. They didn't have any. However, some places were available on the street.

Great bargain and short distance Straight from the airport. We arrived late and the manager, Poppie was having a girls night get together in the little cafe inside the hotel. It' not a big place. When we came down to go out and eat they started giving us"Raki". It was a riot. We just about did the walk 3 blocks to a very large cafe.

• Suite (4 Guests)

There was a huge altercation outside our room in the hallway. Lots of shouting, very noisy and nothing was done about it. It went on for 20 minutes or so; we were surprised the cops (or other security) weren't called.

It was close to the port. The person behind the desk was friendly and recommended a great place to eat that was off the beaten path.

Room was very hot but probably down to the time of year.

Friendly staff and a good breakfast with eggs cooked to order. Receptionist was very helpful with her advice on the locality. The hotel is in a great location for the ferry port and the town centre.

• Double Room with View of the Port

The neighbourhood of the hotel is not very beautiful. First thing I saw from my window was not a port, as the photos suggested, but BP station. Also the building is located by a very busy road which meant that it was noisy in the room all the time, during the day and quite noisy at night too. And when I say noisy I mean sometimes I couldn't hear my partner talking to me.

The hotel is placed close to the city centre and the port, not far from the airport as well. The staff was super friendly and helpful, I was even served at 3am, when I wanted an ice cream ;) The reception was open 24h, which was convenient for us as our flight was late in the night. The bed was comfy and clean, the air conditioning was working very well, I also liked very powerful shower.

Accidentally booked at about midnight for the night before I needed it, realised the next day, and booked again. Hoped for some understanding given the small chances they lost a customer for the previous night given I only booked at midnight. Receptionist was very apologetic but could refund. I suggested a free breakfast and she agreed. Next morning I tried to redeem free breakfast and who appeared to be the owner was pretty rude and abrupt about what I could and couldn't have. I heard her talking about other hotel guests in Greek (they didn't realise I speak Greek) in a fairly dismissive way too. The hotel has no parking and you have to park somewhere in the surrounding neighbourhood at your own risk. The shower in my room was from the 1970s and measured about 70cm by 40cm. Yes, about 40cm wide. I had to shower with the curtain open to avoid it wrapping around me.

Had A/C, decent internet, and comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Suite (4 Guests)

It was on a busy main street which worked fine for us this trip because we were using it as a stop-over point and to only visit the palace of Knossos, not necessarily to visit the area.

The staff and the patio of our room was great! There were 4 of us and we fit comfortably in the family size room and did I mention the patio was great! The location was perfect for getting to the port to take a ferry the next day and close to the airport for us to return our rental car the evening we arrived and take a public bus back to the hotel.

• Suite (4 Guests)

The air conditioner did not work. It was very warm. It was dark in the hallways getting to the room.

Staff was very nice and helpful with dinner suggestions. We liked the partition between the double bed and the kids beds. Good for families. close to the ferry port.

• Family Suite

the A/C only comes from 1 half of the 4 bed room we got. The divider does not help cool down the other room enough although it was fine for me but maybe not for others. The room had no windows, only shaded windows to the hallway and to the back, no nice view of the bay. Maybe we got this back room because of booking so the day before. Low lighting dated decor but for 1 or 2 nights, if you are not picky about these things, ok especially if no small kids and don't mind walking.

Location but if you don't mind walking uphill because the location alone is not as nice but 5 minutes away towards the city centre is ideal. The closeness to the port in Heraklion is very good. Again, if you don't mind walking 10 minutes.

Management wasn't very understanding of my situation. Won't check me in because I lost my credit card, even when I already paid. They refunded my money to the said credit card, then had me go out and get cash at the nearest ATM in the middle of the night in a sketchy and unfamiliar neighbourhood. Didn't feel safe at all.

Location was great. It's close to the port and bus station. Bed was comfy.

I was looking for a affordable hotel with a short distance (less than 10 mins to the port). This hotel is not super comfy but satisfies my primary distance and economical requirement.

Lovely staff who gave us lots of local tips for where to eat and what to see. A great little hotel for an overnight stop on the way to or from the airport or ferry.

• Family Suite

We were looking for a relatively cheap place close to the Heracleon airport to spend our last night in Crete.Never again! This place is depressing as hell we paid €112 (non refundable booking normally it would be 135!!!) for a "suite" family room which should not cost more than 70 its only a 2 star hotel Sooo depressing with no windows or balcony in my husbands words felt like being in a coffin!! Not to mention airplanes landing almost above your head (you can only hear them since there are no real windows to view anything!!) Almost ruined all our good memories from Crete we arrived late in the afternoon at the hotel and could not spend a minute inside the room, the city of Heracleon is also quite depressing so we ended up driving 1 hour to lovely Agios Nikolaos for dinner and came back really late to the hotel and left first thing in the morning.it tought us a lesson not to compromise anyrhing to be near the airport again like low quality hotels just because its your last night it should not go wasted!! To be fair the reception staff was friendly and cleanliness ok but thats about as far as it goes.

Proximity to the airport (will not be a criterion for us again though)

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Double Room with View of the Port

Very small room for the price. On main road so traffic noise/ease of walking made it a little less desirable.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Close to the port for access to ferries. Great breakfast!

• Double Room with View of the Port

The rooms and toilet was very small. However all were generally clean and served its purpose.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the location was amazing. It was a short walk from the bus station and port and we didn't have to get any taxis for our transfers.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Double Room with View of the Port

It was noisy even now, in spring, because the airport is close. Yesterday evening, every four minutes, a plane left Heraklion Airport, flying low and loud because of the proximity of airport. It must be very noisy in high summer. The hotel is on a busy road and opposite a petrol station. Expect noise and smog. The first floor room which faces the port has a great timber electrical pole in front of it complete with a mangle of cables. So you may have a sea view but it is interrupted by something large and very ugly. We were initially shown to this room and I immediately requested a change.

The hotel is well situated for the Airport bus, Port, Inter-City KTel Bus, and Knossos bus. A short walk into main Heraklion and the Archeological Museum. It should be treated as a TRANSIT hotel if you need to be close to the transport points above.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Family Suite

No window in the room. A fridge that did not work. A price too high for the standard of the room (due to a medical fair in the town)

Close to the port. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The bedroom is pretty small, it was a little bit of a surprise for this standing. It's a detail, but the mini-fridge was pretty noisy. The rooftop bar is a little pricey, and not very clean.

The breakfast was AMAZING, the AC very nice, the staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Room on 1st floor was very noisy (traffic, planes). Bathroom was very small.

Near to the city, bus to beach and airport in front of the hotel, breakfast at € 6,-- was good.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

The room is quite small. The shower is particularly tiny. The interior isn't very up to date. The view from my particular room was of the main road and a petrol station - not very inspiring, and a bit noisy.

Very clean room. 24 hour reception. Good for a short stay. Value for money. Close to the centre and the bus station.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Family Suite

The towels were washed but looked worn out.

We were there for an overnight stay. It was close to the port and after a full day travel the check in was very smooth.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Suite (4 Guests)

Good bedding, nice large terrace. Second stay at this hotel. Breakfast options are ample. Very convenient to port and right on bus line to city center and Knossos.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Double Room with View of the Port

The staff was very friendly and gave good recommendations. The location was about a 7 min walk from the center and 5 min from the main bus station. The price is great if you're looking for a decent place to stay that has everything you need.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Double Room with View of the Port

On the main road full of traffic, opening the window you can see a gas station. smelling stale cigarette and the narrow and dark bathroom had layers of old dirt around the sink plug. This needs to be properly deep cleaned.

Big comfy bed and very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Suite (4 Guests)

The 'suite' was tiny, very cramped and the bathroom ridiculous, luckily we were only booked for one night, the lift is also very small

The staff were lovely and helpful, it functions well as a transit stopover, tip is turn left as you disembark ferry and head uphill then left, ask for room at back as is on bury road in commercial area

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

They should be more communicate and clean with there messages to the clients . They called me at 5:00 to go to pay the extras and when I told them later they told me no we want right now the payment

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

A weighted shower curtain would be nice!

The staff was so kind and helpful! They happily answered all of our questions and went out of their way to help us. The facilities were fantastic; the room was clean, spacious and comfortable with a balcony facing onto a quiet rooftop. The hotel also a lounge/billiards area with computers on top of the connected cafe. The location could not be better if you are catching a bus or ferry, and it is a short walk to the tourist quarter. It shows that a lot of love and care has gone into this hotel and we had a really lovely stay.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

At first it was attempt to give us triple room without bath tub with strong smell of clean chemicals. The bath tub has size suitable to wash some medium cat, not human. The bed is not real double and consists of 2 parts pulled together. The elevator is very small so just two persons can barely fit there (or one with a luggage). The towels were not clean. When I tried to take a bath, at flush from bath tube the water began flood from trap hole in floor so I had to stop the flush and flush the water by small portions for an hour

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

Air conditioner did not work and it was extremely hot to sleep.

The location of hotel is perfect if you travel from/to Heraklion port. You can quickly reach this property from airport as well: it is short taxi drive that costs 10eur. Breakfast was quite good, but for extra charge.

Too expensive for the quality

Too expensive for the quality

• Economy Double Room- No Window

Staff was so helpful and there was room to work, business computer on standby, wonderful place.

Small

Value for money

• Double Room with Balcony

We'll run and spotless very helpful staff.

Rather noisy.

Friendly, cheerful staff.

Not as advertised

Very convenient location, if you need to be at the port early.

Nothing bad to say. Standard cheap accommodation. You get what you pay for.

Very close to harbour

• Suite (4 Guests)

The vibe, the size of the room, and wall as a view through my window

Bed, furniture, friendly staff

Could hear noise from other guests in their room, not very sound proof.

Value for money

Close to ferry port.

Bathroom needed cleaning

Comfortable bed

small room

Friendly, flexible and helpful staff

Omelette was good, so was the beer

Shower to small.

Bed was great.

Basic but good. Staff really nice .

• Double Room with View of the Port

Bath was a little dated.

Very convenient to port, staff very nice and the breakfast was fabulous!!!

Bathroom too small.

Good location. Close to port and bus station.

• Family Suite

NO BAR THINGS IN FRIDGE.....

THE ROOM WAS VERY CLEAN AND VERY NICE, VERY COMFORT, AND THE SHEETS VERY CLEAN.

Location (dirty back streets), cleanness, poor maintained facilities, etc.

Nothing I liked about this hotel, except price.

Comfortable hotel for overnight stay with main attraction being proximity to the port for morning ferry departure. Can walk to the port in 5 mins.

Close to the port and bus station, but in a bit dirty neighborhood. Outdated rooms, kind staff.

very comfortable bed!

Not many restaurants around.

Very helpful staff and good location.

• Double Room with View of the Port

We were doing on overnight here before getting the ferry to Santorini-the hotel was a short walk (150m) from the port of Heraklion

There were no tea / coffee facilities in the room which would have been nice.

Staff were very helpful and welcoming.

Tiny bath room

Large balcony

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

The bed was very comfortable. The shower very good also. The breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Facilities are very dated

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

location to ferry port

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

The bed moves around if you try to sit up and read.

Great staff and perfect 2 star accommodations.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Lock on door didn't work well.

Hostess helped us check-in quickly,

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Easy to get to from airport. Easy to walk to city. Friendly, helpful staff. Comfortable beds. Room had balcony. Airconditioning worked well.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

No balconey

The room was just right

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Perfect location, if you come by bus from the airport and/or need to take one of the ferries. Very nice and helpful receptionist

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Suite (4 Guests)

The air conditionning didn't work

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Staff was very helpful, with advice about locations to visit and with dealing with vehicle rentals. They all spoke fluent english.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016