Reviews of Makedonia Palace 5 stars

2 Meg. Alexandrou Ave, Thessaloníki, Gr-546 40, Greece

#12 of 69 hotels in Thessaloníki

Nice design good results for invested money
    • Premium Room with Sea View

Please for God s sake do something about the staff english either international language knoledge !! At least to be able to order a tea and get it properly! Also may be the attitude of the waiters should be improved : we had the brekfast at at a table by the pool and asking for a coffee a waitress seemed to be very upset by our request not even answering to our “evcharisto poli” with a simple and usual in Greece “parakalo” And finally, after investing so much money in upgrading the hotel i appreciate you could do better in the quality of windows phonic resistance

Nice design good results for invested money Superb location and view of the sea and promenade - walking sports area A wonderfull immage of the huge agora space of Thesaaloniki where locals either foreigns congregate

Disappointing experience from a 5 star hotel for loyal/returning customers
    • Premium Room with City View

I was out since very early in the morning and noticed before leaving the hotel some noise from people next doors, but I was in a hurry for my appointments, so I did not raise it with reception instantly. When I got back in the evening and tried to get some rest and work on my laptop, I realized that the neighbors (parents and kids) were running up and down the corridor, slamming the doors very hard, screaming and ringing my room's bell. I went over to tell them that they are making a lot of noise and to ask that they stop. Although the noise stopped at around midnight, I had lost my sleep and only managed to get some sleep at 4 am. The following day, I reported the continuing noise to the reception. Although they allowed me to stay for 1 extra hour to compensate my sleep, the noise continued, so I raised again with reception, at which point they sent security and the noise stopped. The towels in the bathroom seemed a bit worn off and there were some hair from a previous guest in the tub. The room had a slight smell of cigarette, although it is supposed to be a hotel with non-smoking rooms after the renovation. A radio device in the room would be good. I have raised this in the past, but no one ever followed up. At breakfast, some of the bread sorts were not fresh, but rather from the previous day, something that I have experienced again in the past. I have stayed at this hotel many times. This is a 5 star hotel and we pay a price to receive the respective service. This time I felt rather disappointed. It did not feel at all like home. Although I have been very loyal to this hotel, I am disappointed for the attention and the service they offer to loyal/returning customers.

The hotel introduced me to a service named "Welcome" for my transfer from the Airport to the hotel. As I was arriving after midnight, I decided to use it. It is a great service of private transportation, not expensive and I will be using it again. You can use it regardless the hotel booking, but I found it good that the hotel was using it.

A comfortable stay close to the city center
    • Premium Room with City View

We were unable to lock the sliding door of the bathroom. Maybe it was our room with this problem. However, this didn't ruin our stay.

Great breakfast. Located close to the city center. Next to the sea side. Cozy stay.

Best hotel in Thessaloniki.
    • Premium Room with Sea View

I’ve stayed in this hotel many times before it was renovated and i love it. Now, after the renovation it’s superb and luxurious. Rooms are modern, beds are comfortable, bathroom was really nice. The breakfast had great variety of choice of everyone and everything was super delicious.

For me the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in.
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

I loved your hotel, the swimming pool was great, the staff very friendly and breakfast delicious and very rich and varied. Unfortunately due to early departure I didn't have time to fully enjoy it but even the breakfast box that was given to me by the staff in reception was very good. I would recommend this hotel to anybody going to a beautiful Thessaloniki.

The bathroom was spacious, the bed very comfortable, all the...
    • Premium Room with Sea View

The pool area needs improvement in order to meet a 5 star hotel standards. The breakfast was very generous, but could have been more tasty, especially in a city where food in general is delicious.

The bathroom was spacious, the bed very comfortable, all the common areas very well designed. Overall our stay was really pleasant.

Overpriced hotel
    • Premium Room with City View

Staff are efficient but not friendly or helpful. Breakfast was good but not great. The hotel seemed less welcoming than on our previous stay and has lost its sophistication and ambiance.

Location is good on the promenade

Very good hotel for a city holiday
    • Premium Room with City View

The f&b staff was always not very attentive..I had to ask my tea always twice for the breakfast or the service in their gorgeous pool was a disaster. I had to go and order and because the drink was stuck in the bar while bar staff chatting in slow motion, I had to go and collect my orders... Except these, overall service was good...

I love the hotel's design, location, cleanliness.. but best part was its traditional Turkish hammam and rituals..That was amazing.

We will deffinetly come back it is our destination in Thessaloniki
    • Junior Suite with City View

Should do something to improve the windows noise resistance otherwise you feel like being on the highway And maybe the english of the f&b staff should be improved a bit

The new design is impressive the staff is much more friendly compared to last year, excellent breakfast check in easy and fast junior suit beautiful

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Luxury accommodation and comfort

It's all perfect

Everything is very new, modern, clean and luxurious. This is our third stay here and knew to expect five star treatment. The rooms have been refurbished and are done very tastefully. It's walking distance to the city center and a very enjoyable stroll along the sea. This is a beautiful and relaxing hotel and totally recommend it.

A stunning stay!
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

Next time, we hope to test a room with balcony to better enjoy the beautiful view.

Excellent location in front of the sea, great facilities, good restaurant. Breakfast has a variety of options including typical Greek pastries and all freshly made on the spot. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very charming room and amazing swimming pool area.

Room facilities, renovated throughout, breakfast, location,...
    • Premium Room with City View

Gym is very run down and only opens at 9am, no toothpaste/toothbrush, room service overpriced for what it offers

Room facilities, renovated throughout, breakfast, location, a solid 5 star experience

High quality hotel in Thessaloniki with lovely swimming pool
    • Premium Room with City View

Beware: the nespresso capsules in the room are NOT complimentary!

Very modern and comfortable hotel with a lovely swimming pool/area (complimentary cold water served at the pool); breakfast was very good (very large choice) and nice outside terrace; hotel is beautifully decorated inside! Location slightly away from the centre/sightseeing (approx. 15-20 min walk along the long promenade). Good stay for 1-2 nights when visiting Thessaloniki and you want to have a pool to cool off/enjoy the sun.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Very nice view,pool was super, receptionists always ready to...
    • Executive Double Room with City View

Very nice view,pool was super, receptionists always ready to help, rooms were comfortable,pretty clean and nice, the staff was so friendly,Breakfastt is amazing - delicious, relaxing, so much choice

More like a 4 star experience
    • Premium Room with Sea View

The bathroom was not equipped with sufficient bottles of shampoo, soaps, and, in general, with 5-star amenities The shower window is two small, and you end up splashing water all over the bathroom

The view from the balcony The breakfast

Great value for money.
    • Premium Room with City View

The cleaning staff and the vale service staff were quite helpful but they could keep a more professional attitude. Everything else was at least great.

Great value for money. Perfect location. Great breakfast. The lobby, the rooms, the pool are in amazing shape. It cannot really get too much better than this. Highly recommended for any kind of staying in Thessaloniki.

Great stay at Thessaloniki
    • Premium Room with City View

The gym has few and very old machines and the space is very reduced. The sauna is extremely small and only 2 people can fit in. Parking and coffee capsules are not included after paying such a price per night.

Very elegant hotel with nice atmosphere, modern and with all the necessary equipment to have a pleasant stay. Breakfast has a huge variety and the service from the waiters is excellent.

Beyond expectations, and for that price - even doubly so
    • Premium Room with Sea View

My overall experience ( even though it was one night stay with a horrendous flight delay) was beyond expected. The room with the sea view was superb, breakfast was really really good and pool time was the nighlight of my short stay. I would definitely consider staying here again

Expensive for what It has to offer
    • Premium Room with Sea View

We payed for a double premium room with a sea view but we received a Twin bed room with a partial sea view in an inferior level of the hotel. The room we received was not premium as we have seen on booking.com. The area is weird with no beach and no Available restaurants arround. The hotel restaurant is expensive with rude staff. All in one you have to pay extra for everything: parking, tax, etc. Together you will pay double the amount of the room for this extra stuff. At the reception there was a Girl that Did not speak english so she just called her colegue or just hangup the phone. This hotel is too expensive for what It has to offer. I found the booking.com pictures and description as missleading and wrong. I did not received what I payed for!

Good breakfast, clean rooms, Good swimingpool, Good wifi,

The fact that the hotel won the 2018 Best Hotel award in...
    • Premium Room with Sea View

The fact that the hotel won the 2018 Best Hotel award in Greek hospitality awards says it all. Everything is impeccable: the personnel, the rooms, the facilities, the breakfast, the view to the city's seafront. Also, after the renovation the hotel premises look even more impressive. I think if you stay once here, you can't help coming back!

Loved it!
    • Premium Room with Sea View

The mini bar in the room was really expensive. If it was reasonably priced I would consider using it...

Everything! The bed the mattress the sheets the breakfast etc

Exceptional
    • Premium Room with City View

When I return to Thessaloniki this will be the only hotel I will go to. I hope this says enough as a recommendation James Demetrios Liverpool Merseyside UK

Location was great , facilities were excellent .
    • Premium Room with City View

The breakfast buffet selection was poor and not good quality .The staff at the restaurant were forgetful , they brought us pressed coffee and forgot to bring the cups , we had to ask several times for the cup .

Location was great , facilities were excellent .

Good hotel

nothing in particular

Newly refurbished hotel Nice location next to city waterfront Very good room with nice bed Good spa service Good overall rating

Their is no iron on the room , they don't offer if you...
    • Premium Room with Sea View

Their is no iron on the room , they don't offer if you need just they make in the laundry,I call them to take my dress to make it iron they don't came to take it

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Overall it is a good hotel with strange prices.
    • Premium Room with City View

Staff are friendly, but they do forget some things or keeps you waiting too much. Coffee in the breakfast sometimes comes in couple of minutes, but sometimes we waited a lot. Yes, you need to order the coffee for breakfast. Same at the pool. Ordering frappe with icecream is pointless, because till you have it - icecream will be melted. The price policy is strange, frappe it 6.5 eur, club sandwich at the pool it 22 eur (we had seafood dinner for 2 people in the city center for 25 eur), the breakfast in the hotel is 25 eur. No matter how good the breakfast is, you can not eat so much to make it worth it. Underground parking is 15 eur/day. This is more than my last stay in Hilton. The staff "invent" rules, which are not written, like you can not be topless at the pool. There is no such rule, but still they will ask you to put bra. That made us to stop going to the pool and try the beaches close to Thessaloniki. I wish we had tried this from the beginning. The beaches are beautiful.

Place is good, even it is not in the city center, it is close enough (around 15 min walking). The staff was always friendly and polite. Room was big and clean. Bed was huge and very comfortable. Balcony is big. Even we had a room with a city view and we had a big boulevard almost under the balcony, the room was quiet because of the double balcony door. Pool felt small and I did read some reviews and complains about this, but we always found a place there. Pool opens at 10 and we didn't have to wake up early to find a place there. The breakfast was the best I have seen in a hotel. Outside parking (not the underground one) is free.

Everything was perfect, we loved the hotel the room n the...
    • Premium Room with Sea View

Everything was perfect, we loved the hotel the room n the view, also a special thanks to Joana Daulle acting Manager in the hotel for her kindness n smile n helping to make our holiday n stay perfect

Perfect Hotel

Absolutely Nothing.

I guess it is the best hotel in greece and one of the best ones in europe. Old but modern anqd renovated. It cleanest as possible. People are helpfull and kind. Rooms are big and comfortable. Breakfast is incredible last but not least location is wonderful. 10+

Beautiful place
    • Premium Room with Sea View

The pool management has been somewhat poor. There's a sign saying that showering before entering the pool is mandatory. Nevertheless, 95% of the people entering the pool didn't shower. At one point during the day, the water seemed quite mirky and a bit smelly from human odor and sunscreen. On one occasion one of the children used the pool to wash its shoes and on another, a lady washed her feet with the sandals she has worn outside again in the pool. The Nespresso coffee was not complimentary which came as a small surprise considering that hotels at the same level offer it free of charge.

The sea view room is amazing. My partner and I, we love the hotel prior and post renovation. We've spent some memorable moments and we are delighted to come back. One of our rituals is having breakfast on the terrace, marveling the incredible scenery. We always request a higher floor room and hotel management has never failed it. The reception service is great. We have been served with excellent attention and swiftness. The room is comfortable and I had a good night sleep.

The property is beautiful!
    • Premium Room with City View

The hotel restaurant and room service is a bit overpriced for what you get. The pool area needs more lounge chairs to accommodate the summer crowds. You could implement a reservation process for the beds and loungers next the pool or rearrange your current set up to maximize lounge chair utilization.

The property is beautiful! It is about a 15 minute walk to the White Tower and lots of restaurants on the harbor walk. The air conditioner works well and the staff are helpful! Overall a wonderful stay and I would recommend! Navona restaurant was wonderful!

Beautiful hotel, very comfortable stay, luxurious and close to all the sites.
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

To be picky: - At breakfast: Both the Pancakes and the Waffles were dry, and simply not very tasty. They need to use a higher quality (?) batter to get a richer taste. - The Gym was underwhelming, it felt cramped and I did not use it. It looked bigger in the photos.

Makedonia Palace was great: - Great service, polite and friendly staff. - Nice pool and outdoor dining area, very relaxing atmosphere. - Amazing spacious lobby with plenty of sitting area for guests. Most areas of the hotel are generously proportioned, I never felt like I was walking over other guests, there are 4 lifts, corridors are wide etc. - A very tasty breakfast with plenty of choice, boutique coffee service. - Walk to some restaurants and bakeries near by with great authentic greek food. - Walk to the centre of town was close and easy, as well as to museums (War museum, Byzantine and Archeological museum are particularly close and worth visiting).

good
    • Premium Room with Sea View

In the pool were the drinks very expensiv and In the breakfast we dont get sparkling water...it is non sense - in 5 star hotel!!!!

Pool,Bed,Sea,city,staff,cleanliness.

Location ,rooms ,breakfast
    • Premium Room with City View

Pool area is small compared to the size of the hotel. hard to find sun beds. Pool bar very expensive.espresso machine in the room but capsules are not free.

Location ,rooms ,breakfast

Extremely comfortable
    • Premium Room with Sea View

Has all the facilities you can think of and more, plus a really nice view of the bay. Too bad we were only there for one night, would definitely stay again next time passing through Thessaloniki!

The frog became a prince (after the reopening)
    • Premium Room with City View

Nothing to be mentioned here.

Everything since the refurbishment of the hotel transformed it into the best hotel in town. Worth to mention the wonderful breakfast, the modern and luxurious amenities, the great services provided by the staff but for a complete opinion it must be tried at least once.

Breakfast quality was superb.
    • Premium Room with City View

Staff in Breakfast restaurant. They do not provide hot beverages (cofee and milk) in buffet. Staff delays for serving coffee and milk was constant.

Breakfast quality was superb. Large room and excellent.

Gorgeous hotel with lovely rooms and bathroom.
    • Premium Room with City View

The gym needs to update their equipment a little.

Gorgeous hotel with lovely rooms and bathroom. The breakfast is incredible. Staff is super friendly and accommodating.

A week in Thessaloniki
    • Executive Double Room with City View

I would have liked to be accommodated for a late check out as I was with kids and had a late evening flight. Oh - use TripAdvisor instead of asking the reception for restaurant recommendations ;) Breakfast wasn't enjoyable after the 2nd morning..

The service and helpfulness of the staff, especially the lovely cleaning staff. The room was clean and spacious! Room service was prompt and attentive. The steak was delicious!

Lovely hotel and loved our stay. Would return
    • Premium Room with City View

The breakfast was cold. We told the restaurant Manager, but the next day, still cold.

The location is perfect.on the seafront with great views and an easy walk into the city. The rooms are spacious n very clean. Super King comfy bed. Large shower area. Staff helpful and friendly

great experience
    • Junior Suite with City View

The only thing that could use improvement is the ability to get to the hotel pool by baby strawler or wheel chair. In addition, more variant breakfast menu could be nice.

everything is great about Makedonia Palace: great staff, very clean, excellent location.

Very cool place in a great location. Thanks for making me so welcome.
    • Premium Room with Sea View

In particular I loved the pool which I haven't been able to enjoy on my three previous visits as it was winter. Another special mention needs to go to breakfast- if something is missing from the food available I certainly can't think of what that might be. Superb. Other than that I find it slightly overdone in marble, chrome and glass and I would describe it as 'modern Russian' - not meant as an insult but just a bit clinical for me. That's hyper-critical though as this is a special place.

Huge choice for breakfast,amazing view from the balcony.
    • Executive Double Room with Sea View

Huge choice for breakfast,amazing view from the balcony. Lovely staff. Super clean hotel. Good coffee. The service was amazing. Pool area was very calm and relaxing. One of the best places i stayed so far. Would love to visit it again.

Beutifully remodelled hotel on the esplanade.
    • Executive Double Room with City View

Room service was a little disappointing - there were meat chunks (hidden) in my Greek salad. As a vegetarian this wasn’t appealing and rathe off-putting. I suspect an error was made - otherwise cannot fault the hotel.

Beutifully remodelled hotel on the esplanade. Stylish large rooms, exceptional breakfast and stunning Pool area. Special thanks to Joanna (lady at breakfast) who was so friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended. Thank you

Great price/quality for the Location and service
    • Premium Room with Sea View

The presence of so many security personnel was a bit too much for a 5 star hotel,...can still be present but not all wearing black T shirts.

Service parking, Excellent service from the guys in the parking area. Fast check in, spacious rooms, A/C working well & nice sea view Breakfast with great variety of choices Elevators though small were very efficient

Overall outstanding across most things.
    • Premium Room with Sea View

Reception staff were welcoming and helpful but the bar and restaurant staff lack attentiveness (to put it mildly)! It took me 15 minutes to order a drink in the bar lounge and during a 3-hour stint at the pool side, I wasn't offered a drink once. I would have gone to the bar but for the fact that pool attendant told me is was waiter service.

Overall outstanding across most things. Facilities, room, public areas, terrace and pool area all beautiful, clean and light. Aircon in room needed as humidity was high outside and it responded well and fast.

One of the best Hotels in Greece
    • Premium Room with Sea View

Everything was 5 star about this hotel. We booked well in advance and got an Ocean view room for 3 days at half price through Booking.com. Awesome! It's just a lovely stroll along the boardwalk to all the main shops. We will be back.

Great hotel. Make sure all the renovation works have finished!
    • Executive Double Room with Sea View

-Sparingly offered shampoo and shower essentials. -Some improvement works continued happening while we were there, exactly outside the door of our room. The workmen tried to be discreet, but it somehow spoiled the supposed to be relaxed and luxurious experience. We understand that the hotel has been recently renovated. We paid more for a room on an upper floor with better views and less noise, still we had the works happening outside our door! It would have been more appropriate if we had been presented with the situation on check in and offered a choice of a different room then.

Fantastic breakfast, impressive interior design, great lounge and garden space

Amazing! If we will be again in Thessalonians we will only stay here.
    • Executive Double Room with Sea View

The only thing is the price, but for good hotel like this what can you expect. In the end it worth it.

The hotel is amazing... the stuff is really nice, the rooms are absolutely gorgeous! Specially the view! The location is perfect, close to everything. As a couple we had an amazing time, it was worth all the money.

Best one yet
    • Premium Room with City View

One side of the hotel has a very busy street, very hard to have your porch door open at night.

Great location, nice big rooms, very clean, outside pool.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was excellent and...
    • Premium Room with Sea View

The service was very slow. If you want to sit down for a coffee they will take your order, take 10 to 15 minutes to bring you coffee and cookies and then not check on you for an hour. I also feel the proces of the mini bar were ridiculous and too expensive. 5.50 Euro for a small chocolate bar. Each Frape was 4.80 Euro and if you walk down the street you can get one for 1.20 Euro. If people are paying that much to stay somewhere there should be ammenities that include paying less than 4 times the regular price for the same thing.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was excellent and clean! We were on the 5th floor, perfect view! The food selection in the morning for free was great they had everything from muffins to hot food, fruit, vegan options too. The shower has a waterfall style and is amazing!

Perfect location for exploring the city and luxury at both ends of the day.
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

No complaints about anything.

Beautiful breakfast, well appointed, luxurious rooms, helpful staff, great location. We also enjoyed meals in Navona. Can’t recommend the hotel too highly

It has the BEST location in Thessaloniki probably.
    • Premium Room with Sea View

The only downside is probably the bed. Although it is very spacious it has a very very hard mattress.

It has the BEST location in Thessaloniki probably. Everything is within walking distance: restaurants, sightseeing, museums, etc. Of course you are right on the sea and you have an amazing alley for lovely walks by the sea. Inside it is newly renovated, clean and hotel with very friendly staff. Breakfast in nice with a large variety of pastry and everything else you need. (only without pancakes)

An excellent value for money experience
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

Not very close to the city center, though on the other hand right in front of the sea. Staff could be more "alert". Room service menu a bit too sophisticated, though really delicious.

Very clean, ample, well-decorated room (premium). Coffee / tea facilities in the room. Excellent breakfast. ATM at the lobby.

They could do it better
    • Premium Room with Sea View

We had a sea view room but only on the 2nd floor and it was really noisy. They could give us another room in an upper floor. The hotel was not full. The staff service is for a 2 stars hotel and not for a hotel category like this.

The breakfast The view

Breakfast, service, large room.
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

The offer provided for a room at the first floor. It seems that the orientation of the room in the offer was by default for rooms looking at the road not at the sea. This detail should be mentioned in the offer.

Breakfast, service, large room. Value for money offer

Perfect stay in Makedonia Palace
    • Premium Room with City View

Everything about this hotel is awesome.Breakfast rich and high quality,rooms spacious, very clean, bathroom modern.The pool is beautiful and the location of the hotel by the sea and the promenade.

Although, it is stated in the facilities it's not clear...
    • Premium Room with Sea View

Although, it is stated in the facilities it's not clear whether the room includes a free parking space. In our case, as there was no space available in the open space area, we were charged for using the underground parking space.

Perfect stay
    • Premium Room with City View

Spacious and modern room. Enormous bed. Big bathroom. Free valet parking and free parking. Very good wi-fi signal. Outstanding breakfast. Location on the esplanade. Very good AC. Soundproofing of the rooms, very very good, we couldn't hear anything from other rooms even if we had neighbors. I highly recommend this hotel, as it is one of the best hotels we stayed in Europe.

Good value for the price
    • Executive Double Room with Sea View

The bed was a little bit not comfortable

Their breakfast is amazing, the location and the view from the porch, also the stuff were very kind. We also get treats for our honymoon

Great hotel in a great location
    • Executive Double Room with City View

Fantastic, quiet rooms, great location, amazing breakfast. Was really impressed with this hotel, and it's staff. Lovely terrace overlooking the bustling boardwalk is perfect for sundowners.

Best choice in Thessaloniki
    • Premium Room with Sea View

A hotel like this should have an indoor pool!

Amazing hotel! We had a room with sea view and we love it. The staff at the reception was always very friendly. The breakfast was very tasty and you could find anything you wanted in the buffet.

very comfy but a bit noisy
    • Premium Room with City View

We got a street facing room and even the two sets of double glazed doors could not eliminate the traffic noise/

Great breakfast, lots of food for veggies and vegans. Excellent bed.

Cosy hotel with excellent breakfast
    • Premium Room with City View

the mattress from the bed was separated and it separated during the sleeping this was the only thing what wasn't that cosy; but when you put the sideboards next to the bed you stop the separating. And you can have a relaxed night.

the breakfast was very excellent and also the cosy room took a big part to relax in the Macedonian Palace. Starting from the check in everything went really good, nice people, good mood and a very nice atmosphere was coming well.

fair price for the value offer i got this stay when added the 10% discount of the booking com
    • Premium Room with Sea View

the restaurant service not friendly, the room cleaning especially the toilet was NOT good .there was no afternoon cleaning service unless you asked for...for a familly with babies this is important

liked the breakfast and the breakfast serving staff , the view, the location , the groom service very helpfull as well as the reception desk

It turned out that this hotel with great bar and restaurant...
    • Premium Room with Sea View

It turned out that this hotel with great bar and restaurant on ground floor, was the best place to hang out in town. The sea view in the room was fantastic too.

The bedrooms were clean and recently renovated.
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

The bedrooms were clean and recently renovated. Breakfast was included and was delicious; a huge range of different things to taste and good service. The only negatives were loud drilling at 8am on the second morning we were there and we kept having to ask for the aircon to be switched on in our room as they were too warm. These are just minor points though as generally a good quality hotel.

A most wonderful luxury gem on Thessaloniki’s seafront
    • Premium Room with City View

The city view isn’t that nice, looking at a set of apartment blocks, not beautiful Greek churches. But, it does bring the sunrise 🌅 right into your room...

Wonderful staff, beautiful interior, great restaurant for breakfast and diner, nice lounge bar and located on the seafront with direct back entrance access to the promenade. Also, it’s on the “right” side from town for a fast transfer to and from the airport !

I had a sea view room.
    • Premium Room with Sea View

I had a sea view room. On the left side of the building/deck, where was a very noisy machine, that was always working, making the stay on the balcony very uncomfortable. Beautiful view over the sea, but impossible to enjoy due to noise.

Brand new and very luxurious design.
    • Premium Room with City View

The wind sound at the windows, but our room was immediately changed when complained about this. We have been moved to a different room where no wind whistles from the windows.

Brand new and very luxurious design.

Great location, by the sea, but close to city center,...
    • Premium Room with Sea View

Great location, by the sea, but close to city center, beautiful room view! Amazing helpful staff, very clean, with modern furniture and great facilities! Loved this hotel!

Excellent location.
    • Premium Room with City View

The life music at the bar was finishing too early. The bar could have been more lively. No indoor swimming pool

Excellent location. I was upgraded with a sea view room and at the first night was sent the fruits and a bottle of wine as a welcoming treat. Breakfast was amazing. Perfect experience;)

Very short but very enjoyable.
    • Premium Room with Sea View

Scrambled eggs in any of the hotels I have stayed in Thessaloniki are a disaster. For some reason it is believed that scrambled eggs should be in a more liquid form. Not recommended.

The beauty mirror in the bathroom was exceptional. The bed very comfortable. The breakfast has a big variety. Nice Christmas decorations.

fantastic bed, great sea view, lovely marble bathroom and...
    • Premium Room with Sea View

It was chilly in the room upon arrival and the air conditioning was turned off automatically every time one removed the cardkey and left the room.

fantastic bed, great sea view, lovely marble bathroom and shower

LOVELY PLACE TO UNWIND!
    • Junior Suite with City View

The bed in the junior suite was a bit too high for my old knees to climb into. Aprt from this, nothing at all!

Very spacious and dining room has lots of space, so you dont sit too near others. Food is very good. Room cleaned very well. Staff friendly

The best hotel in Thessaloniki
    • Premium Room with City View

- nothing to comment. Everything was perfect

The Hotel is perfect! It couldn't be better! -Very friendly staff -Very spacy rooms with big balcony and every comfort -big and very comfortable beds -both International and typical Greek breakfast,huge variety for every taste! -perfect location

Browse Makedonia Palace traveller photo gallery