Reviews of Mediterranean Palace 5 stars

Salaminos 3 & Karatasou, Thessaloníki, 54626, Greece

#24 of 69 hotels in Thessaloníki

• Double Room with Sea View

Internet dint work in my room had to move to the reception while the other guests were singing every broadway song out there.

I have to say thou a young waiter brought me a bottle water since he saw me working very thoughtfully .

Everything was good

I like the courtesy of the staff and the convenient location of the hotel. Breakfast layout is very good and staffs service was excellent

• Classical Double Room

The parking was extra payment of 11 euro per night, which I think is to much because you pay a lot for the room and it should be free. The swimming pool was really small and a bit dirty when we were there.

The hotel was near the center, a city center with plenty of bars restaurants and pubs. The breakfast was good , comfortable rooms, and good staff.

- service/waiting time for the coffee could be improved... - options for diet products (at least basic one as yogurt& milk)

+Good breakfast, option also for veggie persons +large variety of options , but all of them extra caloric

• Double Room with Sea View

The hotel is looking a little tired for its luxury label.

The room was small for the cost & looked a little tired in decor. The breakfast was good though.

• Classical Single Room

Charming hotel and staff, located very close to a) the sea front b) a small district with a collection of very nice restaurants and bars, scenic and with good food. Major museums and other scenic/historic places are within walking distance

• Classical Double Room

I made a reservation by my visa and preferred to pay in cash but till now thei didn’t reterned my money in my visa. So I have paid twice. I spoke with the hotel so many times but nothing. I don’t know what to do

• Superior Double with Extra bed

Is not that I didn’t like, (is just a suggestion o): a big basket full of fresh fruits near the already existing cut ones at breakfast would be much better as it finishes too quickly all the time and the fruits seem never enought. 😁

clean, good location, nice breakfast, kind stuff, Easter organised in full details, even holy water from Easter night, at the entrance of the breakfast room🙌🏻

• Classical Double Room

The staff was very very friendly, room service was perfect, very clean, the location is next to the sea, the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was flawless, you have everything from pastry to exotic fruit bar. I strongly recommend to everyone. They had also parking with payment, but is not a plus considering that it's very close from the beach and the staff parks your car. A big thumbs up for all the staff and for the manager.

• Classical Double Room

At breakfast, staff member goes from table to table and ask for a room number. She asked me “I dont remember You here, whats Your room number?” That sounded wrong.

Very good hotel, great room, great location, great breakfast, polite reception staff.

• Double Room with Sea View

They charged room extra because it was suite and before they gave me smoking room and had no rooms instead of suite- even if Upstairs above us they had renovations and every morning and during whole day so much noise. They didn’t informed us when i was paying whole amount

.The street was very noisy but we couldn't close the window because there was no condition ..we had a terrible view of a wall in front of our window (and I dreamed to watch the sea

very good breakfast

• Superior Double with Extra bed

I wish we could have used the AC in our room. It was a bit warm for us. Opening the balcony door made it comfortable; however, the street noise woke us up several times.

The entire hotel was a great fit for us. The location is fantastic (great restaurants across the street), nice hotel bar, spacious rooms, and super comfortable beds!

• Classical Single Room

I have to be honest and say that the main reason we stay here is that it's easy to find, it's within easy access of everything we need and it has secure parking for the vehicle. However, I'm sure visiting Greeks would look around for something a little more modern.

• Single Room with Sea View

This hotel is really overpriced and it charges even more for services like parking. The bed in single room was the smallest I have seen in a 5 star hotel. The climate control was not working properly. It wasn't cold, but I didn't feel really warm inside. No noise isolation.

It is located in a really convenient place almost at the centre of Thessaloniki. My room had nice view to the port and the sea. Staff was kind and helpful. In the breakfast hall you can choose from a good variety.

• Superior Double with Extra bed

The room was just OK, nothing special, with the view on dirty buildings in front and 24-hour traffic noise. From 5 star hotel off-season I expected something more for EUR150 per night.

Good location near the seafront and promenade. Tasty breakfast with local cheese and pastry.

• Superior Double with Extra bed

The reception staff axtremely unhelpful and almost rude.The central heating system on our floor over 30 degrees even when room air was switched off, made room uncomfortable and impossible to sleep in. Spoke to the Reception multiple times, said they could not change the temperature and this was normal for Greece ( definitely not) and nobody would come to look and to sleep with our door open (4 degree nights. We all got very sick from cold air blowing outside to hot air from inside. Staff and hotel very unhelpful in regard to this. Might aswell have been camping in a tent outside the hotel. Terrible small, lumpy pillows!

The included breakfast at this hotel was the best we had throughout our stay in Greece. The restaurant staff where very helpful and accommodating. The pool and spa area was amazingly relaxing atmosphere.

• Classical Single Room

Small room where small refresh would be needed. View from the window on other building. Cleaning Staff started to knock to my room 8:30 am to clean (a little too early)

Tasty breakfast, close to the sea side, really nice personnel

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

Temperature in the room could not be regulated. Very hot in the room. The view from the room was just another wall. Parking is 11 Euros a day.

Very good food

• Classical Double Room

Quite expensive. For that money, would have expected even a bit more.

Excellent breakfast. Comfortable bed. A littlebit noisy, eventhough not a high season visit.

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

The 3-beds rooms are only on the backside of the hotel. The air conditioning is aiming directly on the beds, which is making it very unpleasant when you are sleeping. The breakfast was average.

The staff was friendly & helpful, the location is near city's center, near the entrance of the port, near Ladadika area.

I did not use the pool but some guests said it was just a very small plunge pool not a proper swimming pool. Although the hotel is near the sea it is not worth paying any extra for a sea view which is not particularly attractive where the hotel is located.

There was a good choice of food at breakfast and all of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Large comfortable reception and bar area.

Nada.

New room is great, they changed the carpet for the parquet, looks and feels cleaner and more modern. Also the new pool/spa area is great. We loved the welcome chocolates too.

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

We used public parking for free - it was rather available. Though it might be pure luck... :)

Great location, close to Ladadika and seaside, nice breakfast, friendly staff...

Nothing important.

All the facilities and services that the hotel offered. Moreover, the staff's warm welcome, the location, and the high-grade cleanliness of the hotel all perfect.

The view is amazing, the room has a nice design and a lot of space.Underground parking available.Beautiful pieces of furniture.Overall,a good experience!

• Classical Single Room

The welcoming when I arrived could not have been better: Katharina the lady at the reception was liking to speak in german, my mothertongue. She as well as her colleagues took her time to answer all my questions and gave me very helpful tips to explore the city! It made me feel like coming home every time I came back to the hotel. All the staff members greeted me with a smile, everybody was genuinely nice! My room 403 was newly renovated and very nice. As it was close to the elevator it is not that quiet, but I did not mind, since I had Oropax with me. Breakfast was good - especially the warm section was very good, the yummie greek yoghurth and the fresh fruits. Aircondition was working very well throughout the hotel. Bed was very comfortable with a new maetress. The entrance hall is very luxury and a nice place to spend some time before taking off to the next sight. The furniture is very well chosen and the chime of the original grandfather clock makes it even more cozy. Location is great - just a short walk distance from the center and right in the middle of the area Ladadika, where you find the best little restaurants and clubs, if you want to. Rooms with a seaview is worth it! The first impression has been pulled through during the whole stay: a handwritten welcoming card sitting on the desk and chocolate truffes of high quality, that have been brought by a really friendly statt member, who took the time to chat a little bit with me and rememberd me the following days. Thanks to you all - I am looking already forward to coming back! =)

• Classical Double Room

I have been accommodated in other 5* hotels in Thessaloniki, but Mediterranean Palace was the best by far. The entire team of staff was excellent, very welcoming and professional. Thank you everyone for such a pleasant stay!

• Classical Double Room

A lot of annoying bus tourist in the hotel. Gave me the feeling of being in one of these cheap all-inclusive hotels. Both Sauna and Swimming pool are being renovated and were thus not available

Large and comfortable rooms, quite good breakfast, and super friendly staff

• Classical Double Room

Breakfast could be better and parking could be cheaper since otel itself is expensive. Wifi was slow.

The room was very good and comfortable. They offer underground parking (11€ per night). Staff was very friendly. They offered a plate of complimentary fruits in the room which was very nice. Room has water heater for tea and coffee.

• Classical Double Room

Nothing, I enjoyed my stay very much.

Excellent breakfast. Ideal location for an escape to Thessaloniki combining shopping, relaxation and good dinning.

• Classical Double Room

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The staff were extremely professional warm and friendly. The staff went out of their way to assist. The breakfast was very nice.

Please buy a new bathroom scale for room #205! The bathroom scale is the same tired and dirty looking scale Which we experienced in the same room in June 2016. Come on Mediterranean Palace Hotel, you can certainly replace it with something modern and donate the old scale to the Thessaloniki Archelogical Museum for exhibit. 😁

Excellent breakfast... delicious cuppochino...

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Classical Double Room

Great breakfast, lots of variety. Wonderful location by the sea and walking distance to many sites. Close to lots of restaurants and cafes. Helpful staff

• Classical Double Room

Room was a bit worn around the edges. Lobby is cavernous and not v welcoming atmosphere.

Spacious, friendly and efficient staff. Well located, comfortable overall.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

The way the sheets on the bed was laid, they moved on the mattress. It was a bit noisy till late night, as across the street there were two bars. I would make some choice of pillows for more comfort. I missed hair conditioning from the toiletries. The rest was fine.

I like the location, we had parked our car for just 11 EUR a day ( bare in mind in the city center the parking varies from 40 to 15 EUR a day), good breakfast , nice choice of many delicious things including Bougatza Crema - my personal favorite. The room was clean although it was "worn" a bit.

• Classical Single Room

The breakfast can get a bit crowded if there is a group staying at the hotel and everyone comes down to eat at once.

Exceptionally customer-centric staff. Very professional and helpful. This will become THE HOTEL for me in Thesaloniki from now on !

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

The hotel does not respond to 5 stars. The cleanliness in the bathroom more than unacceptable, The toilet and bidet had obvious signs of pees and they had not been disinfected, we were in a 3 person room,with towels for 2 , the extra bed was camp bed and not e regular bed. Τhe underground parking which is accessible only from hotel staff delivered the car scrached to the bumper wich we saw it after living the hotel.And the best and last the compliments of hotel (coffee and tea only for 2 and only for the first day).

Location is perfect,the recepion perfect,the breakfast more than expected.

Another desk would have been useful. The card key did not work so well.

The room was the Junior Suite, so there was plenty of room for all the family to do different activities. The breakfast was very nice.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Single Room with Sea View

I think that everything was good. Maybe with the exception of Greek language and letters ;) I took a taxi from the airport to the hotel and the driver did not speak at all English (only Greek) and I felt a little uncomfortable but he know where to go and I got to hotel. Another thing about taxi drivers is that they charge you a small amount (appox. 1 euro) for your luggage and it does not appear on the taxi bill.

I liked the hotel: 1) The location is very good - very easy to get to from wherewhere you are. It is approx. 5 min from the Artistoteles square and 2 minutes from the port. 2) The breakfast (buffet) was very good - good choice for every taste. 3) There is a wonderful restaurant just in front of the hotel serving the traditional Greek dished. Never ever in my life I have eaten something similar (and I am not a person very much involved and dedicated to cuisine). 4) Again the location is very good: you can take the long walk all along the sea to the White Tower and further. If the weather is good, you can see the Olimp. It is really impressive.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

Room 412, the bed was actually made from two connected single beds, not double, what I was expecting, according to my booking reservation, additional bed was a kind small, mobile bed, not really part of the room. Balcony door couldn't be closed completely (handle problem), a quite noisy from the street ( very busy, two bars across the street). Parking is underground, not good access, you must be very careful driving down. As I said, good breakfast, but small restaurant, couldn't really enjoy in my breakfast, very crowded.

nice location, walking distance to the main streets, polite staff, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Double Room with Sea View

The gym could have more equipments.

The staff are very efficient and friendly. The location is perfect; it is walking distance to the contemporary art complex (contemporary art museum, photography, cinema), the promenade, and the bar and restaurant area of Ladida. Our room offers an excellent view of the Thermaic Gulf and, on a clear day, of Mount Olympus. Breakfast has a wide range of choices.

the furnitures in junior suite were a little bit old

The room (junior suite) was extra good ,the basic bed is king size and very comfort,the bath is big enough very clean and has full set of sampoo, hair conditioners etc as well as hair dryer

• Classical Double Room

Parking provided in and around the hotel is expensive, and free parking is tough - but not impossible. This problem is not characteristic only of this hotel, but of Thessaloniki as a whole.

A five-star hotel that actually delivers five star performance at a reasonable price. Not very common for Thessaloniki!

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Classical Double Room

The spa and gym was in reconstruction but there was no information on the site on tge reconstruction. For two days we could not use either spa or gym.

Normal

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Classical Double Room

Very noisy, road facing, 5th floor room. On checkout, staff twice tried to charge me for parking I didn't use. To add insult to injury, had to repeat my case, every time a more senior member spoke to me. Garage unsuitable for expensive cars.

Location near Ladadika. Exterior design of the building.

• Double Room with Sea View

Furniture is quite dated. The front desk staff wanted me to pay for a mirror that fell into the sink as a result of a faulty bracket. It was clearly a maintenance issue.

Balconies are very nice . An excellent breakfast buffet.

• Classical Single Room

Details in the room:f.ex. No full size mirror. Lamps at bedside not comfortable for reading. Toilet paper hanger very hard to reach when seated on toilet..Hangers in cupboard uncomfortable. In short:very comfortable room with small dislikes.

Fantastic breakfast. Extremely helpful staff at the reception.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Classical Double Room

Probably if you made use of the mezzanine floor.

Service was good - breakfast good quality but it ought to be in a better place in the hotel, it feels like you offer breakfast at the basement.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Classical Double Room

Breakfast was very good, and the bar, Bar food and staff were excellent. I had a few meetings in the lounge and the environment was great. I would thoroughly recommend the hotel

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Classical Double Room

Few times at night and in the morning, a baby was crying next door and that for a long time; not the hotels fault but was upsetting. Air-conditioning works but needs improvement.

Nice spacious room with all needed facilities. Close to where we generally want to visit in Thessaloniki. Rooms with balcony are nice; we will try the one looking over to harbor next time. They posted that they are redecorating and we will expect to see more of that next time..

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

Overall the hotel was a little lacking in character, but everything worked. Our only gripe was the very loud wedding reception with live band, taking place on the floor above our room. However, the hotel handled our complaint very well, reduced the volume immediately and fortunately the music stopped completely at about midnight - which is not bad for a Greek wedding!

Excellent location, and the view from the balcony was great. A sea view would have been stunning! Nice breakfasts.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

Pretty nice place, what could I say - 5 stars indeed. The breakfast, the bed, the view from the balcony, the surroundings, and, of course, something of great importance: the parking on-site.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Classical Double Room

We felt that it's a bit pricey (98 EUR). The hotel is "dated" inside and they claim that they are renovating it. The wi-fi was a bit unstable but no serious issues.

Location is great, breakfast was nice and room very comfortable. The hotel is near "Ladadika" area which is full of tavernas, bars, clubs etc. There is a pharmacy just a few minutes away and the shopping street "Tsimiski" is maybe a 5 min. walk away. Recommended!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

no facilities at all. this is not a 5* hotel. spa was closed, pool was closed. no ironing service in the evening. staff not friendly at all.

good location

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Classical Double Room

Refurbishment is said to be coming; could use it somewhat as looks a little worn in places.

A small cot was rolled in quickly for our young daughter; much appreciated! Breakfast buffet was superb and extensive; very nice

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

Pool under construction - which was not mentioned on booking.com. Breakfast room was rather small and not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel.

Great quiet and clean room. Location is really central and well placed to explore the city and also closed to many lively bars and restaurants. Wifi offered foc in entire hotel

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

The underground parking is kind of difficult to reach for medium and large cars and the parking spaces are tight. Kind of a still smell in the hallway. The facilities included are not presented by the staff, they only tell you where the restaurant is and the breakfast hours.

It is very clean and tidy Roomservice is fast and the food is good (except the pizza) Big room

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

As we were in a triple room, the single bed might have been more comfortable. the water rinse in the w.c. might have been better.

every thing was okay. the location was very good being near the shopping center of the city. the reception and the concierge service were very good.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

This wasn't our first stay in the Mesiterranean Palace. We've been their regular guests for years. We feel there like being at home! So relaxed, staff is very welcoming and pleasent, location is great! We never choose another hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

Staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Very clean and comfortable. Amazing shower. Quiet at night but close to lots of restaurants/bars in Ladadika area.

• Double Room with Sea View

Noisy Ac in the room in the first night. second day we had to change the room. Hotel under renovation and pool was nit available.

hotel location is excelent and staff friendly and helpful.

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

Swimming pool is still closed.

Peaceful in the heart of city. Breakfast could be a little bit better, as this should be five stars hotel. By my opinion it's somewhere between 4 and 4+.

• Classical Double Room

The bed was not very comfortable and the pillow was quite thin.

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was nice. Breakfast was very tasty - lots of variety!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Classical Double Room

We asked for a calm room, but we were given a room on the top floor, just under the huge ventillation system installed on the roof. The whole room was vibrating. At 1am I could not stand it any more and asked for another room.

The personnel was polite and helpful to solve my problem.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

Really, there was nothing to complain about.

Fantastic breakfast buffet! I am from Las Vegas so I know good buffets and this one exceeded my expectations! Perfect eggs in several styles; Greek specialties and European specialties; meat and fruit and delicious granola and pastries. Beds and pillows and sheets VERY comfortable and clean. Walking distance to everything, you don't need a car! And the staff was so helpful and friendly and spoke many languages. They can help arrange anything you are looking for!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Classical Double Room

Very noisy at the evening/night. Our window was overlooking a rooftop bar and we were in the party whole night.

Central location. Spacious rooms. Classic design. Responsive staff.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Great service, workers are very helpful and friendly,the location of the hotel is the best. I can recommend it to someone, and can't wait to go back.....

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Classical Double Room

Breakfast was not 5 star level. There was only cheap orange squash. It is not clear if underground parking is paid or free.

Location and parking. There was a problem with our initial room but it was changed.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Classical Twin with Sofa Bed

The furniture was aged, the room had dirty and used tapestry, the bathroom tiles were isolated with black sylicone (??), the sink support was as badly painted as it could be. There was a lot of noise from the street at night.

Good location, majestic lobby, the room was large and clean. Average breakfast.

Construction works were ongoing

Staff, breakfast, and location

• Classical Double Room

third time there, very good location.

• Classical Double Room

Breakfast, the second morning, i had to ask three times for serials.

Staff friendliness.

• Classical Double Room

The room was a little bit dark

Location, parking, breakfast

• Classical Double Room

Very old and staff unfriendly

Breakfast and location