Reviews of Noufara 3 stars

45, Iroon Polytechniou Ave., Piraeus, 18535, Greece

#13 of 54 hotels in Piraeus

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast at 7euros was very poor.

Lovely hotel situated on busy road but within walking district to bars, restaurants and shops. Ideal if needing to get to Piraeus port.

I can't say anything bad about my stay at the Noufara, other than their storage area for bags could have been larger and I would have liked to have seen that it was totally enclosed (with a door), to keep the luggage out of view of those passing by. That said, I left my suitcase and other items there for 4 days while doing a tour and it was kept safe during the time I was away.

The location had some good eateries nearby (a few blocks away) with nice choices in Souvlaki, etc. A bit further on there was a popular boat-harbor which was full of people socializing in the evenings. The bus from the airport stops a short distance from the hotel, so it is quite convienient. The breakfasts at the hotel were also quite nice with a good selection of things from fruits & vegetables, cheeses, meat, eggs, cereals, bread, and yogurts. There is also juice and a coffee machine to provide something to drink besides cold water.

• Family Room

Hand spray shower head should have had loop to attach to the hook that was on the shower wall.

Room was clean and furnishings were in good condition however the size of the triple room was very tight for myself and my two adult daughters. Location is good for late arriving ferry and early bus to the airport.

No water glasses available in guest rooms.

Excellent location if using public transport to or from the airport and for the port. Clean and facilities in good order. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms a little dated, hair dryer was useless!! Air con not as cool as I would like.

Clean spacious, comfortable room. Great shower, lovely breakfast. Good location, near to port and nice bars and restaurants. It was perfect for an impromptu overnight stay in Piraeus due to a missed ferry.

• Double or Twin Room

Internet service; poor furnature and delay maintenance services

Excellent hotel location near the main shopping area; very cooperative staff; but the internet was poor; excellent breakfast; rooms was narrow with poor furnature and delay maintenance services

• Family Room

The family room was pretty small and the bed squeaked whenever you moved in the bed.

In s great location for taking the ferry to Santorini. Lots of shops and restaurants close by.

The taste of the coffee could be much better

It was a centrally located hotel ,very convenient ,clean and quiet . Breakfast was good and the staff friendly .

• Family Room

It was a little noisy late at night but that comes with the location. I didn't really use the wifi which is why it's neither positive nor negative on that question.

The location was central to all that we wanted to do while in Pireaus. We had a wedding to go to which was less than 10 minutes away. we were not far from the metro for Athens and the Marina which is where we had a superb meal with all our Greek friends

The young receptionist males and females were hardly smiling . they dont care to great us in the morning I was actually saying Good Morning to them hidden taxes is waiting for you ,,,,I had to pay 4.5 euro extra despite my booking price including 18 euro tax

the booking details were correct I asked for a room in the upper stories and I had what I asked for One night I meet two old guys seems to be the owners , they were are incredibly nice and one of them I asked for a slipper he brought it upstairs to my room .. Big rooms ,, big toilet .. and high water pressure ,,, good free wifi complementary water were daily provided Cleaning Cleaning Cleaning ,,, High Five guys I loved the place , I extended my stay for one more night .. thought I should enjoy the facility

Seperate wifi on each floor so,speeds were good. On busy road but quiet inside. Easy walking distance to shopping and numerous cafe's and restaurants.

The bathroom ceiling was old and not clean. I got charged 15€ above the price that booking confirmed to me and was told was for the breakfast, 5€ per person. I think i had booked breakfast as well but in the booking application could not find details anywhere if the breakfast was included in order to double check this, so i paid with no further comments.

There is no bar or minibar although the square is very close by and there are kiosks in the street nearby. The internet signal was weak at times.

Quiet Clean Friendly Efficient Excellent breakfast

Noise that night! Sounded like a party at the hotel but it wasn't. Was too loud, even with earplugs in. Staff tried to find source (outside hotel) & complain but when I was heading for the airport @5am after an almost sleepless night the noisy party was still going on somewhere in the basement of a mall.

Easy to get to from port, in nicer area than hotels nearer docks. Good value for money. Free wifi, clean comfortable room, good size bathroom & toiletries provided.

Booking.com asked me whether I preferred twin beds or a double bed. I chose double bed as a single traveler. And, I paid the price for it. When I arrived, I had twin beds in the room. I informed the staff of my need for a double bed, and I asked them to please push the two twns together fir my comfort. I believe, the word "single" is synonymous with "twin" in Europe, as the same situation occurred on this trp to Greece.

Staff helpful giving suggestions for restaurants who serve good seafood. Good kitchen stavv. Helpfull to early morning travelers.

• Double or Twin Room

The shower needs a little fixing. But that is all.

Very close to everything. Port. Restaurant. Shops. Bus stop. The room is vfm. Quiet and lovely stuff.

The air conditioner did not work and the room smelled very bad from stale cigarettes. Changed to another room with working air but the smell was just as bad.

The front desk operator was very accommodating. Even though the hotel was full she managed to find me another room with working air unit to move to.

• Family Room

The fact I booked it through booking.com and it said breakfast included on reviews people had said early morning ferries got packed breakfast we got nothing no coffee no water no good I had an eight year old and an eleven year old not good.. so so disappointed.

Saved us from being on the street with my grandchildren.

• Double or Twin Room

I was with my husband who is basically not scared of anything. Area was very scary at night. If I was alone, I would be terrified. Shady area, shady characters and we ran to stay safe. Room smelt like cigarettes.

Room looked ok. Staff very helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel itself is old-fashioned and quite crowded. The lift can only fit 2 people (and maybe 1 trolley bag), which seems quite weird.

Amazing location if you need to be close to the pier (ferries). We stayed for 1 night only as the following morning at 7 AM we had to take a ferry to Paros. Everything is very clean though. Rooms, bathrooms, etc.

No real negatives. But two minor points which may be of interest: 1. The location up on the hill was OK for us, since we arrived by taxi and exited on foot. But it's less convenient for those doing the opposite direction. 2. We were surprised by the small elevator, but maybe that's the standard in Athens.

Friendly staff. Clean comfy rooms. Less than 10 minutes from the harbor's gate we needed. We stayed there very briefly.

• Double or Twin Room

This hotel is very well positioned towards the ferry terminal (7 minutes walking) and the bus stop to the airport (5 minutes walking). Very friendly staff, huge room and bathroom, good A/C. Excellent breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

Received a very nice welcome , very clean everywhere . Nice quiet room which had all we needed , tea coffee making facilities available in the lobby along with a water cooler and hot water for your us . In a good central area close to the port , train station. Many cafes / eateries to choose from . Nice breakfast buffet with everything you might expect . Although an older hotel in its style there is absolutely nothing bad we can say about it .

good location, a few steps to the port and bus stop to the airport, comfortable basic room, staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was very good :)

• Family Room

Breakfast superb. Views terrific. Room very clean and bathroom also very nice. Staff very helpful and polite all speaking excellent English. A great place. Have now stayed there three times with our young boys. We all love it.

Nothing I didn't like.

Whatever I needed, the staff was quick to attend to. I needed a blow dryer and a bottle opener. I received them in 5 seconds time. I needed a good fish restaurant. The reception found a place open on a Sunday evening and got a taxi to to take me within in 5 minutes. And boy was it ever good and I even got some great pictures of the sunset. The staff was impeccable!

• Double or Twin Room

Room smelt of cigarette smoke, curtains weren't wide enough to cover the window, no tea making facilities, shower was terrible, the pressure was so high it was like being blasted with a high pressure washer, even tho the elevator was down the hall we could hear it from our room which kept waking me up all night, eventually resorted to earplugs, staff weren't friendly.

Breakfast was reasonably priced with good selection.

It is a bit noisy from the street, bathroom is rather small.

Despite being budget hotel, it is surprisingly nice place to stay. Cosy, with friendly staff, ok-ish rooms, we got also balcony with views over the street. We didn't take the breakfast, so I can't comment on that. It takes about 10 minutes walking to reach the port - depending on your entrance gate. Plenty of bars and restaurants around.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed is a little stiff and the window blinds were to small to cover the sunlight.

Location is within walking distance to the ferry port and right in the centre of Pireaus.

• Double or Twin Room

Room 204 ... air conditioning never got cold. Mattress very hard. Hair dryers are typical European hand held cylinder style nozzel that becomes too hot to hold after a few minutes of trying to dry your hair. Not a safe product.

Great location, very nice breakfast, nice staff, and overall a clean hotel. Goid for a night or 2 before or after cruising.

• Double or Twin Room

every thing was perfect nothing we didn't like

Our stay at Noufara was so comfort , staff are excellent sure any time we will visit Piraeus again we be in Noufara hotel

• Double or Twin Room

Early morning coffee service was something that we missed. As they start the service only around 6:30 onwards.

The location was perfect as the hotel is very close to the port and we had our early morning speed ferry to Santorini. The staff was very helpful and the hotel had a good view of the Main Street.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Family Room

Like every other hotel in piraeus you can deduct 2-3 stars from the claimed rating.....Old hotel, excessively hard pillows, dirty blankets, towels smelt, couldnt lock security door, shower didnt work properly, noisy room, terrible breakfast etc etc.

The rooms are clean, but a bit dated. My room had a carpet which I don't like as they are full of germs, and also a blanket, which i'm sure are not washed often!

The hotel location is fantastic as round the corner there is a pedestrian street with shops, leading to the sea front and plenty of places to eat and drink. It's not far from the Piraeus port, where we arrived by boat. We only needed a place for one night so it suited us perfectly.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

smell of smoke from other room (through air-con) noise (sounded like a party next door)

location near port & shops pets allowed at no extra charge friendly helpful reception staff

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The pillows were way too firm for comfort. Even after changing rooms the safe did not work - but when I mentioned it in connection with the first room I was told that it needed to be fixed by the maintenance people who would not be available until the following morning so decided to settle on a working shower but no safe. An elderly man was sitting while smoking in the reception area when I checked out. I figure he was a member of the hotel staff because he also had a mug of coffee. This filled the whole area with cigarette smoke which was horrible. Also against the law in Greece.

Good location, helpful reception staff on arrival. Was able to change room when I found the shower and the safe did not work properly.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Family Room

Tiny room, noisy street, poor value for money, look elsewhere when trying to find a hotel before taking a cruise from Piraeus port.

Good location and good breakfast but that's it...

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

We asked for a quiet room. We got one on the 8’Th floor. Still the traffic noise was almost unbearable. Also the bed was very hard. The next day we asked for another room on the backside of the hotel. The room was smaller and the view less but the room was quiet and the beds were a bit less hard. So we recommend guests that want to sleep to ask for a room at the back of the hotel.

The central location in Piraeus.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Bed was very hard and uncomfortable. Noise of street difficult but minor compared to everything else.

Fantastic service/staff Great location, close to port and nice part of town. Some nice eating places close by, Darling Bar in particular.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Reception staff in the morning were two women. One was friendly and pleasant, the other curt and abrupt. Couldn't believe the contrast with the guy the evening before. Apart from this I would definitely recommend this hotel and would return if back in Piraeus.

The guy on check in was brilliant providing exceptional service. I don't know how but I had booked two rooms on the app and he realised it was a genuine error and arranged for one room to be cancelled without charge. It suited the hotel as they were fully booked with others waiting but all the same it was great service for which I was grateful and impressed. My room was really comfortable, clean and great value. The hotel is easy walking distance to nearby eateries, the new and old port and museums I wanted to visit. Airport bus stop was a short walk away.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

very very bad wi-fi connection.

Really Good staff (very welcoming men in the lobby) who try to advise and help as much as they can. a colleague of mine and I needed a quite place for some business calls but no "business room" however these 2 men lentet us the dinner room with no problem.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Wifi sometimes weak. Air-con just OK.

Good size room with small balcony. Very friendly, helpful staff. Only 5 minutes walk to Gate E9 for ferry to Sifnos. Hotel situated in nice area with smart shops and good choice of eating and drinking places. Free safe deposit box in room.

The noise outside. But I don't think other hotels in the area are better in this respect.

The staff was truly amazing (they printed out two documents I urgently needed, provided me with all very helpful information about travel, they made excellent coffee - really friendly staff is a true asset of this hotel). A nice selection for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Internet connection is a bit unreliable

Warm and helpful staff; 10mins walking to the port with luggage; spacious rooms for Europe. We stayed here before and after the trip to the islands. We were happy both times.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

internet connection is a bit unreliable

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Everything. We liked the location to the ferries, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean, rooms comfortable, wifi good and the breakfast excellent. We liked so much we booked again.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Noisy in general with faulty outside terrace light which flickered through the night.

Good location near the port and a square with restaurants serving late food. Friendly staff, clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Some taxi drivers don't understand that it is on a one way street. Tell them to let you off across the road. Not the hotel's fault.

Perfect for a one night stay in Piraeus.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Verry clean verry good breakfast good location for ferry,nice pizza around the corner, verry smiley and helpful staff,verry good bed Nothing bad to say for one night stop

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

A little noisy at night when guests are walking up the stairs.

Service we received from the receptionist was amazing, He provided us with a map of Athens also a list of restaurants that he recommended. Also was very efficient at check-in and check-out/

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The breakfast could be better. Although it is the common breakfast items you would get at most hotels

Great location. Great accommodations for the money.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Absence of tea making facility in room but available in reception, as was free water.

Excellent value overall. Central but still close to port. Very clean. We had an upper floor which was quiet. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Nothing we didn't like.

Breakfast was excellent...fresh fried eggs .Bacon ...cappuccino machine ( excellent coffee) perfect American Style breakfast with a European condiments. Convenient to Pireaus Port.. we were picking up a Cruise. Shops & restaurants within walking distance...perfect location Rooms small but very clean & we loved the balcony. Elevator small but it was a Plus to get to our rooms with luggage. Excellent friendly staff.............no restaurant or bar on premises which was fine for us. Very quiet

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

We liked the hotel very much. It was clean and functional. More than enough to spend a few days for your holiday in Athen/Piraeus or to spend a nice night to go to the Greek island by ferries. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was cleaned and towels were changed daily. Everyday they put free water in our fridge. The breakfast was good and you can find everything at breakfast to start your day. The breakfast cost 5 euros per person. In terms of location the hotel is located on the main street (Iroon Polytechniou Ave.). It is close to the Port of Piraues (10 minute walking distance) and Zea Marina (5 minute walking distance) in Pashalimani. The train-metro station (green line) is 10 minute walking distance. You can hire a taxi to go to Monsatraki Square (historical centre of Athens) or Syntagma square and it only costs about 10 euros. X96 bus stop to airport is very near the Hotel as well

• Double or Twin Room

Good location if you have an early ferry to take and helpful staff that showed us all the things any tourist needs to know!

The bathroom looked old. Wi-fi signal was very weak.

The staff were very nice. Good breakfast in the morning.

Fe

The toiletries were great, loved the breakfast too.

Staff, location, room

• Double or Twin Room

excellent location, great value for money

• Double or Twin Room

The location was perfect and also staff are so kind , breakfast was perfect

Refrigerator in room

Enjoyed the area and the hotel was lovely. Nice personnel!

Location great nice easy walk to harbour restaurants on pedestrian street.

Check in - out

Staff, service

Difficult access

Convenient for ferry port

Excellent location and comfortable stay

I’d stay only if it was the only option available close to the port.

• Family Room

The staff are very helpful and i find the hotel very clean.

breakfast was on tiny chair in noisy chamber

excellent location

No parking available

• Double or Twin Room

The best romatic place for me and my wife

• Double or Twin Room

Cigarette smoke coming through the ventilation system first thing n the morning and late at night.

Comfy beds

Staff

Perfect location

• Double or Twin Room

No coffee making facilities in my room ....

The location is perfect .... hotel is quiet at night .... rooms are small but perfect for my needs

Coffee facilities in room

Fantastic location to shops, cafes and ferry

Browse Noufara traveller photo gallery