Reviews of Oia Mare Villas

Main Street, Oia, 84702, Greece

#50 of 119 Holiday rentals in Oia

• Honeymoon Cave Suite with Private Hot Tub

People were always passing by our apartment. It seems there is a Villa Personnal spot beside my apartment. The breakfast could have some improvements also

The view is incredible. The room is very good.

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

bed mattress was too soft and wasn't comfortable, the standard cave room is claustrophobic, we didn't know about constraction very close by, big noise from morning till afternoon

very friendly staff and service, nice isolated location, amazing open view, delicious breakfast

Room towels were very rough and not generous sized. They room toiletries and toilet paper were not replenished daily. I had to call for TP. The walk to the room was far with many uneven slippery steps.

The rooms were just like the pictures online. Lovely rooms, pool , and phenomenal view! Breakfast was very nice. Staff was very helpful and attentive.

Too much stairs, long way walk from the car to the hotel and walk over 200 stairs.

The view is very good, but our room not perfectly can see the sun set.

• Cave Superior Studio with Caldera View

Oia Mara was fantastic! I stayed for 2 weeks. Oia itself is unlike anywhere I have been. Great People; Great Food; Stunning views The location of the hotel made the evening sunsets magical. The staff was incredible and they did everything they could to make the experience even more enjoyable.

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

The staff is totally not helpful and arrogant. I lost my Apple Air pods and some more stuff in the room and when i kept asking the the receptionist margerita for helping me track it down, she was not much of a help to me. The cleaners/housekeeping staff in the hotel are super RUDE and unfriendly and speak and shout and yell and talk. I feel sad that a star property like theirs are not helpful or fair enough to return the stolen/ forgotten items in the room. I have followed up each day post my departure on 5th may 2018 through mails and calls and each time they have been not kind enough in helping me or responding to my emails. I lost my 200 Euros Apple air pods in the room and also my selfie stick and a packet of souvenir. All this happened during the check out in the span of 30 minutes. I would request all the travelers to be very careful about your phones and gadgets as they seem to be fond of it. I tried contacting the management via emails to speak to them about my displeasure and sadness of loosing my items but they haven't come on the phone or even replied to me on emails. Everything about Santorini was great accept my stay here as i was feeling them being rude and arrogant from day 1 as I checked in. I would say booking.com customers should really not go for this hotel. I am still following up to get my items back and hope that the property helps me trace the culprit here and not cover up staff who steal or don't return forgotten items. I have been in so many hotels in various countries all around the globe and lived in these hotels through booking.com, this is the worst experience i have ever had.

There is was noting specific to like except the View from your rooms which give you a great feeling of seeing the caldera. The breakfast is decent and the rooms are clean and nice, obviously for the money u have paid that the basic they need to provide.

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

For future travelers that booked the Oia Meres Hotel before April 2018 and have not yet traveled to Santorini PLEASE read this! You should have received an email from the hotel stating the the transfer from the port or airport would cost you 35€. Apparently, they changed there policy around April and now the transfer is now free. Well, this is great news if you are aware of this change in policy. (Having kept ever email from the hotel, I never once received an email regarding the new policy) How the new transfer service works, you give them all your information in advance and they say a driver will be waiting for you with a board with your name on it. CAUTION: don’t call them the day you are arriving and let them know you need 5 minutes to pick up other boat tickets for other ferries because they will make you wait for more then 1 hour for pick up and you will get accosted by every local to rent a car, taxi or food and drink. When you call the hotel to figure out where the transfer is they inform you that the driver will be there in 10 minutes every time you call, even if it’s been 30 minutes since the last time you called. Since we never received an email with the policy change from the hotel, we were still under the assumption that it would cost 35€ for the transfer. So we talked to a taxi driver and he said it would cost 35€, the hotel never said don’t take the taxi since our shuttle was free, when we told them we were tired of waiting and that the taxi was the same price as the transfer. We did take the transfer back to the boat port, but had to leave 2 hours before our boat left. We had to leave so early since the transfer had to drop another couple off at the airport first and then us and another guest at the boat dock. We had to wait over an hour at the port for our boat. So if you take the transfer it will not be convenient for you. It all depends what’s important to you...your vacation time or time wasted sitting at the port.

Ambiance was great, it’s very clean, maids and wait staff are excellent and the pool a nice addition.

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

there is a jacuzzi right above our room which has some noise. it was a bit annoying at night.

a lovely cave house with sunset view and I like the design and deco of the hotel which is elegant. staffs are friendly and helpful, breakfast is great.

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

Our room was located over the kitchen and dinning area and at times was noisy in the morning when they were preparing breakfast.

The rooms are large, great view of the sunset from private terrace. The rooms were maintained well and very clean. The rooms have a fridge and some times we eat in or room or on the terrace. The hotel team were extremely friendly. The breakfast was very good.

• Honeymoon Cave Suite with Caldera View

* Getting to the Location is a nightmare. Because its located further away from the town centre. and its quite difficult to walk up and down. (This is something which is not mentioned in the site but most guests have mentioned this in their reviews) * the View is not as great as the photos depict... because there is a cliff which is blocking the entire caldera view on the left had side. There are way better hotels with the View and with less walking in the city center. anyone coming to Oia, recommend staying at the Town Center where the views are awesome, and get hotels for a much cheaper rate that Oia Mare and you can walk around without straining yourself too much. The hotel website says it has great views of the caldera - which is incorrect. there is a cliff with Ruins right next to the hotel which totally puts you off. * this hotel is quite rigid and does not allow for much flexibility. since we were not happy with the location we wanted to check out after our first day and get a refund 24 hrs ahead of the next day which they flatly refused. They told us we can check out at any given time we wanted but that they will not be refunding. considering that Oia Marie is relatively an expensive hotel in the vicinity, the hotel should understand that we are not that crazy to check out without a refund. * during our final day we wanted the breakfast packed and given to us a bit early because we had a early morning flight to catch ( usually all hotels which are even 2 star do this, and Oia Mare being a 4 Star couldn't do). But this hotel said they cannot do that in the morning and said they will send some food the previous night. so true to their word, they sent some food the previous night - which i must add comprised of stale bread, old Cake and yogart which was beginning to go bad, one apply, one orange, some jam n honey... so again waste of our money which was paid ahead with the room rate. * Do not rely on the hotel to book the transfers for you.

* the Breakfast Served is ok. * the rooms look nice, although the balcony was super tiny... and again the view not that great.

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

The only thing that was an issue for us is that it is necessary to descend and climb many narrow, steep steps to get here, and I had some difficulty (my health and age). Fortunately, the hotel does provide bell boys/porters to haul your luggage up and down to the taxi drop off.

Everything was very nice and very clean. I loved the rain shower nozzle in the shower. The reception staff can help you plan anything you like, including taxis to and from the airport and ferries. They held our bags, even after check-out, so we could sightsee some more before heading to the ferry. We loved the view. The breakfast buffet had a nice selection and variety.

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

The steps are a challenge if you are not fit this property is not for you There needs to be more shade around the pool especially at breakfast time

Magnificent views lovely room breakfast was good but could have had more fresh fruit

• Cave Superior Studio with Caldera View

The manager, George, with whom I had been conversing with for months, totally misrepresented the room to me. Being elderly & arthritic, I asked about steps to room. He said, “only a few short steps to your room.” Arrived late at night to find a hundred slippery steps to room. Stayed 1 night, no refund for next 4 nights. Almost ruined trip. In bed next day after having to climb back up.

• Cave Superior Studio with Private Hot Tub

We were extremely disappointed by the food in general but especially the breakfast which is far away from the expected minimum requirement considering the room rate applied. Simplistic buffet with industrial products such as orange juice, frozen pastries, cold cut, dry bread, etc. There are no a la minute eggs offering such as omelette, poached eggs, etc. No fruits salad but some apples and watermelon slices sitting on the buffet table. It was a breakfast that you could find in any 2/3 star hotel located on the highway in Europe.

We really like the room layout and the furniture; the room was spacious and cosy; however, there is no much space if you wanna clean up one's stuff.

• Two-Bedroom Cave Suite with Caldera View

The swimming pool is too deep.

The hotel is very model and good maintenance, it is very eyecatching if viewing from the sunset observation point. The room is big and clean, seems it is near at the bottom of the cliff and the privacy is good enough that no stranger will pass thru your doorway (other did). Hotel provides porter service, otherwise it is very bad to carry the luggage to walk near 200 steps back and fore to the top. The breakfast is fine.

• Cave Superior Studio with Caldera View

Small things like tissues provided in the rooms, face washers were not provided either. I didn't rave about the breakfast although it was adequate more Greek traditional style and not a lot of choice.

Staff very friendly, boutique style accommodation and cave type dwelling, views amazing and sunset views also outstanding! I am 62 and very fit luckily as there are many many steps not ideal for anyone who cannot walk at least 300 steps up steep inclines. Other than that excellent property and would highly recommend .

• Cave Suite with Private Outdoor Hot Tub

Oia electrical grid is currently unstable with a blackout each of the five days we were there.

Spectacular views of the Santorini caldera. Very nice breakfast and pool. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Need to be able to walk up and down a large number of steep steps as the hotel is half way down the Oia cliff. Worth the effort for the view and the tranquil surroundings.

• Honeymoon Cave Suite with Private Hot Tub

The breakfast was very poor. Quality of the food served was not great. If you want tea you have to prepare it yourself and they charge you extra for Cappucino which is not an issue but when you've paid $600 a night you shouldn't have to pay extra for just a coffee.

Location is great, perfect to view the sunset although if I was to go to santorini again I would stay in the main town Thera. Oia becomes very quiet after sunset.

• Two-Bedroom Cave Suite with Caldera View

Loved everything. Yes ,there were many, many steps but ...how else could you enjoy the beauty of Santorini without them???

The location was like a dream. Beautiful views of the sea and sunset. Wonderful staff. Breakfast was a great bonus. The cave rooms were fantastic and very spacious. My friends and I had a fabulous time.

• Honeymoon Cave Suite with Caldera View

A lot of stairs to get up and down to the village itself, but ok if you are reasonably fit - not for someone who has back problems or trouble with stairs.

Very friendly and helpful staff, location is just outside the main village so probably a bit quieter than being on one of the main walkways, has a proper pool, not just a hot tub / jaccuzzi like some of the other hotels, very clean

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

Our room was absolutely amazing and the staff was very attentive. It is a walk down the caldera steps but their porters are incredible and you don't need to do a thing with your luggage.

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

As above. Spoke to the manager who was not particularly interested initially and seemed more concerned about making justifications for every point I raised and just said would contact booking.com also had to email twice for recommendations of a good restaurant for our honeymoon and my husbands 40th. I won't be recommending this place to anyone

Very little. Falsely advertised having a private balcony off this room. It was a walkway to another room. I thought the room was overpriced and would not book here or recommend. Had to request tea and coffee and clean towels

• Cave Suite with Private Outdoor Hot Tub

Steps up and steps down, but it is not about hotel

People of the hotel are more than helpful. Swimming pool is a good thing to have as well as a hot tub with a room. Breakfasts are compact but good and sufficient(4 types of fried eggs for example)

• Honeymoon Cave Suite with Caldera View

The person who called themselves the owner and the manager were very rude to other guests. The rooms we booked were suppose to be suites but meanwhile all the rooms all looked basically the same so need to waste the money on an upgrade. The stairs in the village was he biggest issue. The hotel is on the bottom of the hill and no one explains that the only car access is on the top of the hill.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast for a europian hotel was very good and changed everyday.

• Cave Superior Studio with Caldera View

The amount of steps we needed to climb to go in and out of our room, but all of Santorini is like that so we cannot complain. Its not baby or children friendly. The breakfast wasn't so good with not too many options, Greek Salad wasn't fresh.

The hotel was exactly like the pictures. The room we were in was big and the bed was comfortable and it was really clean. We had a balcony with a beautiful view of the sea and the sunset. We booked the hotel transportation from the airport to the hotel which is a must because we wouldn't have found the hotel if it was us going alone. Perfect location if you want to be in Oia. It was really quiet and beautiful and perfect for couples. The staff was helpful to book our boat trip and dinners.

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

There were some bugs in the ceiling and on the wall, we cleaned them by ourselves as we arrived late at night. Poor wifi, the router is off when you leave the room as electricity is disconnected, it took up to 2 hours to be able to connect in the room which was really annoying. Public area wifi doesn't have this issue. Air-con is self adjusting based on temperature but sometimes it was like completely off without any wind and we felt hot after returning to the room from outside, it took a while to be cooler. It would be better if they provide tissue paper in a box in the room, we took the extra roll of toilet paper and placed near the stove, every time the room attendant put it back that annoyed us. The room attendant entered our room after the morning clean up for unknown reason, we noticed that as the towels and toilet paper had been moved. I am not sure if it's the hotel practice to tidy up the rooms more than once a day which i feel is not necessary. Nothing was lost though.

In the best location of Oia, can see sunset at the property. Breakfast has slightly different varieties each day at the pool side with great view. Bell boys are amazing, each can carry two three luggages going up the stairs. The hotel is 5-10 mins walk from Oia Main Street where you can find a lot of shops and restaurants. The bus stop is about 15 mins walk. If you go there from the port/ airport, must book a transfer as it is hard to find the hotel yourself. The castle ruin is just 5 mins walk which gives the best sunset view in Oia. Be there at least one hour ahead of sunset time as it is really crowded. Cats wandering around casually and there was a lovely black and white cat family staying close to the hotel.

• Small Single Room

Apparently I booked a single room (yet it was a double bed) and they charged me 80 euro a night for my husband to stay in their with me. Super pricey.

Loved this place so much! The view is incredible and it's accessible to the town of Oia and Amoundi Bay which was a blast. It's expensive, but worth it!

• Honeymoon Cave Suite with Private Hot Tub

The bathroom smelled just a little funny, although appeared very clean!

The staff was highly attentive, from the time we arrived till our departure. They were very helpful with securing restaurant reservations (with great views), and with some of our subsequent travel needs (we went on to Crete from Santorini). Additionally, the view is spectacular. I highly recommend the Honeymoon Suite, although it looked like one couldn't go wrong with any room/view.

• Two-Bedroom Cave Suite with Caldera View

Breakfast could have been better. An abandoned construction project is right in the middle of the view.

The property was wonderful, everyone was very helpful, especially with recommendations and dinner reservations. Beautiful view, very serene.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Two-Bedroom Cave Suite with Caldera View

- it was not made clear in the property detail, the steep terrain and number of steps to traverse to get to the property. An older person or one with mobility issues could not stay here, period. - the 2 bedroom apartment is partially set up to self cater, but even with a Fridge, 2 hot plates, some crockery and cutlery, there is barely any equipment one could cook with. Given it is not a full full service property and in the upper mid cost range, this is dissapointing - the layout of buffet breakfast area needs rethinking, it doesn't work with too many heavy high usage items in the corner by the kitchen. - the wifi in the rooms is woeful with 4 in the room, however a separate connection outside the rooms is terrific. We often had to go outside to get reasonable service. - while appreciating the daily service of the rooms, I personally do not expect my perfectly fine towels and vanity hand soap replaced every day, it seems unnececcarily excessive. With a little attention on these things, it would be improved.

The location is fabulous, the staff are lovely and the rooms comfortable. 2 bathrooms in the large 2 bed apartment was an unexpected bonus for 4 women travelling together.

• Honeymoon Cave Suite with Caldera View

network in the room is poor and some insects could be found in the room (maybe because of the season)

the view of sea is amazing, and breakfast is also great and we can bring it back home's balcony. Staff is very helpful.

• Honeymoon Cave Suite with Private Hot Tub

The sunset views from the property were amazing. The staff gave outstanding recommendations on restaurants and activities, and they help us with will all of our bookings. Breakfast was very good with amazing views. Could not have asked for a better experience at the Villas.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Santorini is beautiful and scenic, people are realexd and very friendly, food is excellent. Such a beautiful island, but destroyed by the massification of tourism, specially because of the ship cruises who bring thousands of people everyday, invading the streets. Awful. However beautiful the island may be, I highly dis-recommend it. Go and look for a quieter Greek island! Is not worth the hassle and the prices.

The hotel is in the best location within the nicest village of Santorini. Rooms are cozy and nice. Staff is great. Views are amazing and sunsets are incredible. However, there are maaaany steps everywhere, as in the rest of Santorini. You have either to be fit or take it very very slow.

• Cave Suite with Caldera View (3 Adults)

The pick up and drop off service is quite expensive. Please be aware that the 35 euros solo pick up/drop off (70 euros in total) is a shared service (not shared with the guests in the same hotel but shared with other guests even in other towns). When we arrived in Santorini, the driver told us the time to the hotel from the port to the hotel is about 25-30 minutes but in reality we took 1 hour to the hotel because we had to wait the arrival of other guests and the driver should drop off them first. For the drop off to the airport, the hotel told us to meet their representative who would bring out luggage and driver at 14h15 near the post office, but till 14h20 we saw no one and we called the hotel 2 times to ensure that there was no problem. Finally the driver arrived at 14h30. We felt that the pick up and drop off service they offered do not worth the price. There is no wifi in the room.

The location is very good. It's about several minutes' walk to the main pedestrian street (but there are a lot of steps and they are quite steep...). The hotel is faced with the Aegean Sea, which offers a nice view.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

The view of the hotel was breathtaking! The room was amazing, it was spacious and beautifully decorated. My friend and I really enjoyed staying there. Just as an FYI there are a lot of stairs in Oia so be prepared.

• Small Single Room

I had the single room which was small but very nice, although there was nowhere to hang clothes except for 3 or 4 hangers on a set of coat hooks; the remainder of my clothes I left in the suitcase. Steps from hotel up to the passageways were about 40 - going down to hotel was fine, going up not so good!! - although the view was fantastic...! PS. I am a little unfit...!

On arrival by the shared transfer I was met by a member of the Oia Mare staff who carried all of my luggage direct to Oia Mare Villa (which is a bit of a walk through the passageways of Oia) where I was met by the receptionist who was very pleasant and welcoming. The hotel is lovely and beautifully located and all of the staff were extremely helpful and courteous. Views to die for! The breakfast was excellent and varied. Sunset amazing. I loved this hotel. Enjoy your stay...

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Two-Bedroom Cave Suite with Caldera View

the wifi is not very good in room though works well in the public space.

very cozy and they had large and beautifully decorated room. Also they have a very good view of sea and cliff. nice breakfast. lovely swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

Choice of lunch time menu was limited, but still very nice.

Staff were great and could not be more helpful... it is a good idea to book your transfer through the hotel as would be difficult to find, especially at night.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Cave Superior Studio with Caldera View

Excellent hotel for tour in Oia, hood facilities and romantic atmosphere. I would highly recommend this hotel for couples and lovers. The location is good to see the sunset and the view is splendid.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Two-Bedroom Cave Suite with Caldera View

Wonderful location and has the best views of sunset! Highly recommend this place. I also highly recommend using their transfer service so that you're not lugging your luggages over the stairs!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Cave Suite with Caldera View

Not a criticism but be prepared for drop off near post office when arriving in Oia via car transfer and then a handover to a very fit and strong guy to carry any large luggage up and down couple of hundred metres of stairs to the property.

Unique cave dwelling type accomodation with terrific view and access to Oia shops,cafes and restaurants. Donkey ride up from Ammoudi Bay restaurants finishes right near property access steps.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

stairs and lots of it. It around 100 stairs from the top. Given the view is good but only book this hotel if you are going to be in the hotel all the time. It is a good place for views of the sunset but better book a hotel where there are lesser stairs in fira oia. And come to see the sunset over here. Unless you are extremely fit and enjoy working out 6-7 times a day

Amazing views and nice clean hotel with good facilities

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Cave Suite with Caldera View

Maybe some people may not like the 85 steps to the first restaurant (or the 116 steps to the flat area in top of the hill) but it's great exercise and we didn't mind it. And wherever you stay in Oia, I think there will always be quite a few steps.

Absolutely everything was exceptional. Fabulous breakfast, we had a huge room with mini kitchenette and big balcony for the evening sunsets, views to die for and close to all the shops and restaurants. Staff were all lovely.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Cave Suite with Caldera View

The location, views and staff were Excellent! The staff is amazing,couldn't be nicer. Nothing is too much trouble for them. They organised our stay and everything went smoothly. The hotel is spotless absolutely amazing! Very very beautiful. Amazing room style . Infinity pool was great. Great facilities . The view is breathtaking. And the breakfast is the best we have ever enjoyed in a hotel in Europe . We were very happy with our decision to stay here and would definitely stay in the same hotel again. We didn't want to leave the hotel .

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

It was our second time here and they have upgraded the rooms.Everthing was to perfection.The most amazing view and a place to enjoy the company of other travellers.The staff made you feel welcomed and at home.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Small Single Room

The room were full of ants, and could hear the voice from bext room. Also the staff aranging breakfasts were busy that you can tell from his expression he doesn't want to be bothered.

The reception staff were nice.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Small Single Room

Oia Mare Villas was really fabulous with wonderful views of the Caldera.The staff are great and very friendly.Room was spacious and very clean.The breakfast was delicious.The sunsets were also amazing.Highly recommend it!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

Breakfast was okay I guess. There were hot plates in our room for cooking but no pots or pans. Weird.

Location was great for sunset. And the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Cave Superior Studio with Caldera View

The hotel was great, it's just that that town of Oia is overcrowded.

Lovely hotel, with very friendly staff, especially Vasily, who made our breakfast!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Honeymoon Cave Suite with Caldera View

Amazing service, amazing views and an amazing pool.The rooms are amazing and have gorgeous views. The breakfast is delicious. The staff is very helpful. I highly recommend this location for a honeymoon.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

The chef was lovely and helpful getting my eggs just right. Maria at reception was very very gracious, making a phonecall to arrange a port pickup at my next destination. Amoria?? at reception was lovely too.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Cave Suite with Caldera View

lots of stairs so be prepared!

the room was excellent, very spacious and comfortable. We could see the sunset from outside our terrace. Staff were nice. Definitely arrange transport service, you don't want to carry your luggage up and down those stairs.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Honeymoon Cave Suite with Private Hot Tub

The villa was amazing, location was on point to see the beautiful scenery Staff very helpful and freindly , and helped for issues that arised Wish stayed here longer!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Small Single Room

Me and my wife stayed 02 nights at Oia M­are Villas and everything was perfect.Ve­ry reasonably priced ,not overvalued , s­pacious and clean room , delicious break­fast , polite staff and , of course , gr­eat view of the sunset and the caldera . We will definitely stay there again and ­recommend it to all of our friends.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Cave Suite with Caldera View (3 Adults)

The reception staff were extremely rude. We were a group of 3 women on our own the reception desk is not manned in the evening or overnight. One evening we were concerned for our security. I attempted to call the emergency number using the room phone but was unable to so used my own phone only to be told by the gentleman who answered emergency only applied to the room and if I was worried I should phone the police! When I enquirered at the reception desk next morning the lady said out going lines are blocked! As per hotel policy check out time was 11:00 which I appreciate. Our flight was a 1845 in the evening. We checked out at 11:00 and asked if there was a facility for to shower before leaving for the airport and I was advised yes we could use the one available at reception. Firstly the WC/shower could not be locked as the key had been taken out. Therefore when using the toilet facility during the day I had to request my sister to stand outside. I asked for a towel in the evening to have a shower before leaving and was advised there was a 7 euro charge to now use the shower! I asked for a key to lock the door and man at the reception desk said no key available and that no one would enter. I questioned this and he still said no. There was not hot water and when I told him told me it takes 20 minutes for the water to heat and it was my fault for not telling him earlier I wanted to use the shower! Non of this was advised to me when checking out! He then proceeded to tell me I had checked out at 11:00 and wasn't a guest at the hotel and in his words why should they need to A let me use the shower! And B at no cost! I have never encountered anyone so rude! I went last year to Santorini and stayed somewhere else without any issues and plan to go again next year but will definitely NOT ever use this hotel again!

The room was very spacious and clean. The cleaning staff and the staff by the pool were very welcoming and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Honeymoon Cave Suite with Caldera View

Styling of the room, with interesting little arches. Superberb views. Gorgeous pool that went into an arched cave. Good breakfast with attentive staff.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

The staff were absolutely amazing! So welcoming and friendly really made you feel welcomed and safe. No question or favour was too much. Stunning views of the sunset - people were waiting for hours to view it however the Oia Mare hotel had a picture perfect view of the sunset and the ocean! The cave like rooms are pretty cool to stay in (literally) and the little veranda we had was just romantic. The pool area could be a bit bigger and wish they had more sun beds on that level but it was still really relaxing. Two nights there was just perfect we highly recommend Oia Mare Hotel :)

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Cave Superior Studio with Caldera View

Breakfast was very poor orange juice was like warm cordial especially as we payed 450 euros a night Our room looked on a old ruin which disappointed us as it should of been a full view of the caldera we did complain about this and the manager didn't even bother to come and speak to us Also it was located to far down so very hard to walk up and down all the time no good for people who are not fit or bad knees also very slippery !!!

The pool was nice Rooms were done very nicely

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

we liked everything

very relaxing to wake up in the morning to incredible views and sit outside on your own balcony at night and enjoy the peace and quiet definately stay in oia rather than fira the staff were incredible. always so friendly and felt more like a house than a hotel! such a great vibe. our porter was lovely, not only did he refuse to let us carry our bags but would always greet us with a smile and have a chat the pool is definately what you need especially in summer in oia you can see the sunset if you walk up the stairs right next to the pool and you can even sit on the roof to watch it the breakfast was perfect and the chef was so lovely every morning! some traditional greek dishes aswell. everything was clean and alot of towels provided the staff allowed us to use the facilities until 5pm even though our check out was 11am! we were beyond impressed. definately take advantage of telling them your arrival time so they can take you down to the hotel

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

All was great.

Very clean and comfortable complex , very welcome staff, rich breakfast. Breathtaking Views , strong A/C. Variety of local wines . Free Wi-Fi. They also upgrade us in a bigger suite .

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Cave Suite with Caldera View

The breakfast was slightly disappointing, not much variety-very limited - no basics like bread to toast.The pool was very deep one side but did not have a sign to say how deep it is.

I fell in love with this hotel. I cannot speak highly enough of it. Beautiful views, beautiful location.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Cave Standard Studio with Caldera View

It was a bit pity that we were made to rush for a taxi at the last minute of leaving. There must have been some mess-up, but we'd already booked a taxi with the receptionist one day before and had been told to go to the reception at 10:30. But the porter picked us up at our room before 10:00 and said we had to leave now as our taxi booking time was 10:00 and we were supposed to catch the taxi at 10:15 at the entrance of town. I think this could've been more carefully dealt with.

The pool was fabulous :) We enjoyed it so much! I wish I had more time to chill out in the pool and at the poolside. The room was also gorgeous and big enough :) We were happy to stay in the cave style room though we couldn't watch the sunset from the room. The porter carried my extremely heavy suitcase with ease from the accommodation to the entrance of Oia Town. This was really thankful.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Honeymoon Cave Suite with Caldera View

We stayed there at the Honeymoon Suite with the Hot Tub and we enjoyed every minute of it .Amazing views from our room and from the pool side .Very spacious room with a huge hot tub .Room was very clean and the bed was big and comfy .Staff was always there to help us with a smile.Very friendly people .Breakfast was delicious with a lot of choices to choose from .Their Porter service is a must , as it can be very tricky to carry your luggage yourselves.We definetely recommend Oia Mare Villas and we will stay there again when we come back to Santorini .Thank you Oia Mare Villas for everything .

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• Two-Bedroom Cave Suite with Caldera View

The two bedrooms were only seperated by a glass door. No privacy.

The view and location was worth every cent!! 180 steps down to Amouldi Bay. Main town was a 5 minute climb up. Pool was a great feature too. Lovely deck to sit and enjoy the view. Very handy to. have drying rail on deck too.

• Cave Superior Studio with Private Hot Tub

Room was not as private as I thought.

Amazing view

• Cave Suite with Caldera View (3 Adults)

Go to the top at the hotel to view the sunset! It has awesome view!:)

• Cave Suite with Caldera View (3 Adults)

Lots of stairs to get to and from the villas.

Outstanding view. Excellent and attentive staff.

• Cave Suite with Caldera View (3 Adults)

Very well located , lovely staff

Views and facilities

• Honeymoon Cave Suite with Private Hot Tub

Good view and excellence service for airport pick up and luggage delivery. It is a hard work to carry heavy luggage at Oia😬

GREAT VIEW AND QUIET

• Cave Suite with Caldera View (3 Adults)

The steps took getting used to.

The view was incredible. The staff was wonderful. Garifaila made sure all was perfect.

The step is so hard

Good view Good room Staff are kind. One of the staff looks like Hugh Michael Jackman‼︎

• Cave Suite with Caldera View (3 Adults)

Pool was cold, but it was mid April.

Best sunset viewing location around. Just stunning!

• Honeymoon Cave Suite with Private Hot Tub

Great breakfast, room was spacious and beautifully decorated. Amazing shower. Views were gorgeous.