Reviews of Art Hotel Pelican Bay 4 stars

Main Street, Platis Yialos Mykonos, 84600, Greece

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

On the whole, our stay was excellent and would stay here again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been slightly better, most of the food was lukewarm. Provide transfers to the main town like some of the other hotels in the area. Ironing board was barely usable.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and tidy, and the view from the balcony was great. Pool was quiet most of the time which made it enjoyable to be around, however could do with some additional sunbeds for busier periods. Very well located, only a 5min walk from the beach, and plenty of small shops within walking distance for food/drink.

Relaxing, picturesque, friendly hotel. Highly recommended

We struggled to find space by the pool, however this did not spoil our stay we just headed for the beach:-)

Awesome hotel, we were in a high level superior room with amazing views. The room was clean, spacious and well furnished and well equipped. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was varied and tasty. Location was perfect for the beaches, with a bus only a 5 minute walk away to take us to Mykonos town.

Sophia? (Sofia?) was absolutely lovely and catered for all...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had to shift rooms during our stay. Was quite expensive for the size of the room.

Sophia? (Sofia?) was absolutely lovely and catered for all of our needs and provided us with lots of recommendations. Aircon in room was perfect & views of beach from room were great.

Exceptional
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The steps in the pool are in a deeper part and should be in the shallow end. Ideally 2 lots of steps would be more beneficial.

Exceptional Hotel, I am well travelled and this Hotel offered everything we wanted. Beautifully Furnished, very clean, genuinely pleasant staff. A great breakfast offering a wide choice of food I would delintely return to this Hotel.

Mykonos as a whole was paradise on earth, my accommodation couldn't have been more perfect

The beds were to die for, the room was cleaned and towels replaced every time they were used and every time you left your room. Service was great. Rooms had incredible views, beach is only 450m away. I will definitely go back!

George, the bartender is fantastic!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

George, the bartender is fantastic! Definitely the highlight of the hotel. Answers all questions you may have and is a great conversationalist. The hotel itself is lovely, very modern & the pool is clean, perfect temp. Easy enough to get the bus into Mykonos town/other beaches or you can walk down to the beaches in front of the hotel.

Great stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

To utilize the Sauna you have to pay 20 euros, which seems a bit much since guests are already paying to stay at the hotel and the Sauna is very basic. Should be included.

The property is beautiful with great views of the sea. The terrace was breezy as the bed was super comfortable. The washrooms were clean and the room was cleaned every day. The location is great with the beach 5 min away walking and plenty of great restaurants. Absolutely loved our stay here.

Nice, clean hotel in great location. Disappointing breakfast though.

The breakfast was very disappointing. When I come to Greece on holidays I don't want to see Dutch butter, cheap super-market type cheese, Lipton tea and juice from concentrate served to me, especially given how many local delicacies exist. I wonder when the Greek hotel industry will understand the importance of serving fresh, local products at their breakfast buffets...

Nice location, close to the Mykonos town and close to Platis Gialos and Psarou beaches. Great transport service from the port to the hotel. Superior room was big, clean and had a very nice balcony with views over the area and the sea. The room service and the reception were very responsive, quick and polite.

If traveling to Mykonos...stay at Pelican Bay!

Everything was amazing! The staff was helpful and friendly! They told us the best places to go around the area and island. They arranged an ATV for us to travel around with the best company! Excellent stay! We will definitely be back!

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

A good location and worth the money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room was upgraded and it was very nice and comfortable. The hotel and staff itself are very friendly very nice location. They even give you a souvenir from the hotel

The staff where very friendly and did everything they could...
    • VIP room

The staff where very friendly and did everything they could to help out when required. Would highly recommend

Wonderful relaxing break at top notch boutique hotel.

Beautiful pool area, never crowded and lots of interesting people.

Amazing staff & service
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Amazing staff & service Nice pool with real good water quality Close to the beach but not too close Prices at the bar are reasonable

Excellent value
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Noisy guests one evening on floor on top of our room

Really comfortable stay in convenient location with incredibly polite and friendly staff .

excellent service, friendly and helpfull staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the room was confortable and the cleanlyness of the place

Didn't stay. Ended up at The George hotel next door and it was fantastic.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Had to cancel due to family. Hotel wouldn't refund us. Pretty disappointed about the lack of compassion.

Nice rooms.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nice rooms. Excellent breakfast included. Great value for the money. Nice bar area and restaurant.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Friendly staff, comfortable and clean.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff, comfortable and clean. Beautiful views and a great pool.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2015

Holiday was fantastic due to this hotel.

Holiday was fantastic due to this hotel. The staff are so friendly and kind. They really did make my stay amazing. And the hotel it's self is stunning! If you are considering Mykonos, stay in this hotel I promise you will not be disappointed.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

Pelican Bay is the best hotel in Mykonos!

Pelican Bay is the best hotel in Mykonos! The hotel was so clean and our rooms were spotless everyday. There wasn't one bit of mess anywhere, the hotel is just beautiful! We were made to feel so welcome from the second we entered the hotel. All staff couldn't help us enough, the manager Antonis has got to be the best hotel manager I have ever met. He went above and beyond, even giving us friendly tips of where to eat or to visit on the Island which enabled us to really make the most of our short stay. We really will be back here again, very soon!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

The hotel staff are so helpful and friendly not only that...

The hotel staff are so helpful and friendly not only that they are very entertaining too. It was also a pleasure to meet the hotel manager who was always very friendly and had time to speak to his guests and made them and myself feel very welcome! I will be returning next year for sure! The rooms are gorgeous, the views are exceptional! 100% would recommend this hotel to everyone

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

Highly recommended !

Highly recommended !!!!” I just returned from my favourite island and now my favourite Hotel. I can highly recommend this hotel. I arrived and had a choice of two rooms and got a wonderful room with a big terrace. All rooms I had seen were immaculately clean and were spacious with TV, air conditioning, mini bar and a big bathroom. The Hotel itself is built in typical pretty Cycladic style and every corner offers another surprise. A very big light breakfast area and lovely clean pool area with bar. On the Top of the roof a chill area with cushions and an amazing view over Platy Gialos. The Hotel is situated at one of the best areas to explore Mykonos. A short 10 minute Bus ride to Town, 5 minutes’ walk to two beaches and a 15 Minute walk to two others as well as a boat ride to numerous other beaches. The Staff at the hotel will bend over backwards for you and do everything possible that there guests are pleased. My luggage was moved for me to the room after arrival and even that is was a short stay everything possible was done to make sure every minute of my stay was stress-free and relaxing. The reception staff were exceptional , accommodating and friendly. Breakfast was not only in a lovely setting but there was everything your heart desired. Coffee, Tea fresh orange juice and other juices, fried egg and scrambled egg, bacon, sausages, cereal, fruits, marmalade, jam, cake, croissants and bread. If you could not find anything you fancy then there is something wrong with you! The breakfast staff were amazing, I came half an hour before breakfast started to get a small pot of coffee to have in my room and it was no problem. Overall I can only highly recommend this hotel to anyone. A big Thank you to Antonin’s and all his staff to make my stay not only wonderful and memorable but a home from home even in the short space of time !!! I cannot wait to return hopefully sooner than later and this time for a full 14 day holiday.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

The staff are extremely nice.

Bad location - 25 minutes driving to Elia beach although it's looks close on the map. The WiFi was disconnecting always - I had to use the cellular data. You need to put your room key at the reception each time you leave. And means also each time you get back. Breakfast is boring - not many choices - pretty the same each morning with few changes. You need to slice by yourself the tomato and the same for the orange (juice) - what's the point of having a vacation :/ not doing that stuff.

The staff are extremely nice. The hotel and the room were clean. I had a nice balcony.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

Location and view

In general we prefer more modern, minimal style hotels No slippers in the room which is typical to be there for 4* hotels No bathroom robe in the room which is typical to be there for 4* hotels Hotel feels a little bit tired inside the rooms mainly because of the brown color furniture

Location and view Price for Mykonos standards was ok Night shift guy very helpfull Reception ladies very nice Good room size Breakfast was ok

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

It is all smiles around at Pelican Bay and the staff is the...

It is all smiles around at Pelican Bay and the staff is the engine that fuels this happiness. A 7 star service compliment the amazing views of the hotel and of course it's style and cleanliness. The rooms are comfy and the staff was there to help even when my bike would not start in the morning. LOVE THEM! Highly recommend it to anyone.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2015

Great hotel, incredibly nice, helpful staff.

Great hotel, incredibly nice, helpful staff. Clean, good pool and incredible breakfast. Makes a great base to explore beaches and take 10 min bus to Mykonos town.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

The bed were comfortable

Tha bad behavior of the manager . they turn my stay into hell After I made the booking they locked at the lobby with my girls and little 7month baby refusing to let me check in the room . they asked for extra money above the rate that I paid for my 14years old girl considering her as an adult ..which wasn't shown at all in their policy at booking they kept bothering me for the whole 4nights asking for 30euro for each night extra . they force me to pay although I didn't order an extra bed she was sleeping on the couch . Huhh they were rude . bad behavior No service After 10 pm . I had to go down to the reception to ask for water each night . Not recommended for young children. Although I asked for ground floor the manager gave me the first room at the top of the hotel which has many stairs and was dangerous for a baby with trolley . After I complain about it the change the room . (No respect for a women who had a baby )

The bed were comfortable

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

Everything!

Having to leave!

Everything! This is our second visit to Mykonos and Pelican Bay. Hotel staff are so so lovely and make you feel very welcome. Rooms are a great size, very comfortable & spotless. Food here is great & staff always recommend the best places to dine out of the hotel. Hang out at the bar with Pedros, he makes the most amazing cocktails - try the frozen mojito! Waitresses are so friendly and always ensure you are happy guests. We wouldn't stay anywhere else and already can't wait to come back next year. I can't describe in words how amazing this hotel is!!!

• Reviewed: 8 June 2015

We stayed for 3 nights and we felt very welcome during our...

We did not include breakfast in our room rate, however breakfast was complimentary anyway! Just a tip when booking! Seems like booking.com is trying to make an extra buck.

We stayed for 3 nights and we felt very welcome during our stay. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and made us feel at home. Rooms are clean and have a beautiful view from the balcony. The pool is great and you can get served delicious cocktails and snacks while you soak up some sun! The location is great, 5min walk to the bus stop where you can catch a bus into town. The beach is also just a few mins walk away! Perfect! Look no further.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

Friendly staff and clean beautiful rooms.

Friendly staff and clean beautiful rooms. No stress.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Awesome hosts, up there with the best on my 6 week trip...

Need a toaster for the bread in the morning!!

Awesome hosts, up there with the best on my 6 week trip around Europe!! Great location!

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

helpful staff beyond expectation

we did not stay long enough

helpful staff beyond expectation amazingly great food 7 star service

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

this hotel was beautiful, great location, great staff, clean...

breakfast could be better but wasnt bad

this hotel was beautiful, great location, great staff, clean, the pool was great!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Great breakfast

WiFi was on and off. Hard to get a good signal

Great breakfast

• Reviewed: 30 May 2015

service

service

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.