Reviews of Pergola Hotel 2 stars

20, Sarolidou Str., Agios Nikolaos, 72100, Greece

#55 of 71 hotels in Agios Nikolaos

Lovely location and room was lovely ,had kettle etc fridge...
    • Studio

The only thing was 3 rooms share open balcony table each I like my own private one .but I still enjoy 😉

Lovely location and room was lovely ,had kettle etc fridge beds comfy and just off main road so a lot quieter .not that it’s noisy anyhow.shops below and spoilt for restaurants bars cafes all on your doorstep.nearest beach is 5-10 minutes walk sun beds etc.i had lovely stay and recommend it highly .cleaning ladies very welcoming and helpful too .best wishes to family owned hotel l had lovely sea views too

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Great view, great location and friendly owners
    • Studio

Property has stairs to access and within the building. Not a minus, but worth to know for people with difficulties and families

Great view, great location and friendly owners

The staff, the balcony, the view, the double glazed windows,...
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The only thing I didn't like was the noise coming from the corridor in the morning.

The staff, the balcony, the view, the double glazed windows, the breakfast, the location, the bed, everything was great.

great stay at the pergola hotel
    • Studio

pergola hotel is located in a great spot close to a little beach and well within reach of restaurants and shops. good rooms with balconys and sea views value for money

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The view from the room to the sea, especially during the...
    • Single Room with Sea View

The mattress wasn’t very comfortable and it was squeaky. Ok for the price though

The view from the room to the sea, especially during the sunrise. Good location (next to the center of the town and the beach) and nice staff. Very good value for the money

Fine. But unhappy about the payment issu.

WiFi was poor. This is the second time I’ve stayed here and they always say at the end that the payment has no been made on my card. I showed them the receipt and they said OK. Not good. It feels like they are trying to cheat me. Beware!

Excellent position. Magnificent sea-view.

Great Greek Accommodation

All excellent

The View from our room was amazing,it’s a quiet property and Yiannas the owner is really nice as are all the staff,Beaches and tavernas are al close by the area is rather hilly.

I had a great stay in Pergola hotel.
    • Single Room with Sea View

I had a great stay in Pergola hotel. The owner Nikos offered me a better room, that the one I had booked. It was a great surprise ! There is an amazing view to the sea from the balcony. The room was super clean. Breakfast was quite good. The main attractions in Agios Nikolaos are very close. I would definitely choose Pergola and the next time that i will be in Agios Nikolaos !

Good choice

There was a lack of privacy as the balcony was shared between two rooms. It was a bit noisy as the doors were not soundproof . In addition, there was no shampoo in the bathroom so I had to go buy it myself

Located in the centre of the town, just a few minutes away from everything. Very clean and tidy. The perfect choice for people who are looking for a a low price accomodation. Great value for money

Great budget accomodation good location
    • Apartment with Sea View

We stayed with family and the location and views from the rooms just great steps to deal with but well worth it restrauntants close by all in all great stay.

Amazing location, friendly staff who work hard

Only downside is that there’s no shower screens so water can get on the floor, but that’s pretty typical

Amazing location, friendly staff who work hard

IF u get good room is ok

i didnt like them giving me ashity room wthout balcony first.only after i say its wrong and not as i.booked i.got better room with balcony Air condition.was raining on my.head and dripping Bath tub was not possible to empty since it was flooding the room

LOCATION.good VIEWs a

Large apartment with sea view
    • Superior Two Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Beds are not very comfortable (the mattresses) Everything else is just great

We've been in the largest room #13. Actually it's a very spacious apartment on the ground floor with 2 bedrooms, living room with a balcony, equipped kitchen and large bathroom. The large windows of the living room overlook the sea - the view is magnificent! I think this place is good enough for 5 people. The hotel is situated close to everything - the center with the lake, a small beach and plenty of restaurants, bars and cafes. There's a small super market across the street downstairs. The hotel staff is very friendly. And the city is adorable!

It was OK.
    • Single Room with Sea View

It is on the top of a hill and as I was also on the third floor must have been 100 steps to climb in this heat. The wall of my bedroom was unable to prevent all the noise coming through at 3 am in the morning!! Had difficulty juggling the air conditioning with the air coming in at night through the doors to the balcony, though that might just have been me. I was eitheer too cool with it on or airless with it off.

You get what you pay for

Lots of stairs inside and ouside, the bathroom was cramped, no parking, lots of stairs to get to the hotel, the owner is too old to run the hotel all by himself, breakfast was basic

Beautiful view from the veranda, it was clean, bed sheets smelled good, wi fi connection.

Great location, lovely balcony overlooking the harbour area.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Bathroom was small, especially the bath, they was no fixing to put the shower head on the wall- had to improvise!

Great location, lovely balcony overlooking the harbour area.

Excellent stay
    • Single Room with Sea View

The bed was comfortable. Nice balcony with sea view. Offered a coffee at check out. The owner even drove me to the bus station. I would stay here again

The welcome was lovely .. coffee and cake and the room was clean but very small
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Room tiny Kettle had nowhere to plug it in ? Other than balance it on the bed Half the lights didn't work and no one came to replace bulbs

The views .. the staff

Great spot for a night or two. Excellent location in the heart of the town.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Kettle and cups provided in room. But no tea or coffee provided. Rooms are very noisy .

Excellent location and the seaview rooms are great value. Family run business and lovely people.

Perfect location to enjoy the best thing in town

The bed is fine for me. Just need to be cleaned well. When I arrived, the bed sheet and blanket were ready on the bed. But then, when I try to snuggle inside my blanket and open it, there are hairs everywhere. The bin was almost full, and the bathroom smells like smoking room. Beside the bathroom size is also small, even for me. So please, move carefully. And I wish, we can use the kitchen actually.

The location is pretty close with the beach, you can overlook the see and beautiful surrounding from the balcony. Walking distance to the lake and view points. There are many restaurants and cafes on your way there. Distance from city center/KTEL Bus station about 1.2 kms. The room has AC,fridge and hot water. It has nice corner and interior as well.

I go to Crete often, once maybe twice a year and I will always stay at this hotel

Nothing at all. Very enjoyable stay.

Owner and staff were extremely friendly. The owner even took me to the bus station at the end of my stay without my asking

Best holiday ever!

Can't think of anything I did not like.

What a place. The view alone is worth staying there. Staff and management are lovely and nothing is to much. Clean as a whistle and very comfortable.

Fabulous Stay!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Cramped room. No bedside tables. No English TV. Didn't bother us, but be aware there is no elevator.

Great location! Close to beach, restaurants, town. Lovely balcony with sea view. Love having a clothes line and a hot water pot.

Very good value for money.

One can always find something to criticise, but all the small flaws of this hotel are not sufficient for me.

This year I stayed in Pergola hotel for the fourth time, so I know it very well. I like the location and the atmosphere of the real greek hospitality I always feel there. It is not a luxurous hotel and not very new one, but everything is neat and clean. I think it's very good value for money.

Basic but friendly stop-over hotel

A really friendly family run hotel. The decor is basic but all the necessaries are there & it is clean throughout. We had a sea view room with a little balcony - only stayed one night, but as a place to sleep, rather than spend any day-time in, it was great value, simple, good.

Budget hotel with great views
    • Twin/Double Room

Our bathroom was a little cramped.

Value for money it's a no frills hotel with good sea views from many bedrooms .Be aware that it is not suitable for the disabled or people with walking difficulties .It is also close to the town and beach

We stayed at the 2-bedroom apartment, which was extremely...
    • Superior Two Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Our room was on the ground floor -- windows were on the street level and sea view was only from the living room. Apparently, apartment is undergoing reconstruction as some of the things were not finished (e.g. lights in the bedroom). Shower had very low pressure of water. Kitchen window was facing the small yard between buildings so it was darker and without fresh air. We didn't see the other room that were on the upper floors.

We stayed at the 2-bedroom apartment, which was extremely spacious with big living room with the sea view. I liked the warm welcome of the owner of Pergola hotel. Overall, the stay in the apartment was very pleasant. Location of the hotel is just awesome, as you stay on the quiet street close to the center of Agios Nikolaos - you are literally 2 mins from there.

Owners errors and over charging was disappointing
    • Twin/Double Room

When we arrived at night the owner said we weren't booked in, in spite of my showing him the booking confirmation, he took us to aniother hotel for the night and suggested we get a bus back in the morning! We had to deal with our own luggage as he couldn't help and it was difficult to get into his small car. I told him there wouldnt be any return if buses were involved and he agreed to pick us up. The next day he picked us up and when we booked in I saw my name (mis-spelled) against room 24, but he skirted over this and appeared not to understand, so I believe we were booked in all along but he didn't check when we arrived. Then on my confirmation it stated I would pay 325 AUD and 262 euros, however he charged 325 euros and when I pointed out his error he said if we payed less then we weren't able to have a room with a sea view. We enjoyed our stay in Agios Nikolias and the room was nice, bathroom tiny however, but the visit was spoiled by the male owners mistakes and his over charging us and having to waste a night in another Hotel on arrival.

Loved the view from the balcony. Of the port and small beach there and also the vista in general

Primo Location

Area has many one-way and walkup only streets, and I never figured out how to drive there. I parked on the ocean road and walked up the steps and right to the hotel. Not the hotels fault though. Water in the morning was only luke warm.

Excellent location. Down about four stories of steps (which are right outside of their front door) and you are at the sea. And restaurants. Family run place and they keep the rooms spotless. BTW, I'm American, not Greek.

Would go back there anytime
    • Twin Room with Sea View

No internet access in our room. We had to g to the dining room.

Great room, very accomodating staff and really nice owner, who dropped us off at the bus station when we left.

The position was great!
    • Single Room with Sea View

No internet (because of the wind??????) on the second floor. 2 lights weren't working and at the reception I was told the would fix them.they fixed only one

The position was great!!!!

Cheating hotel

The manager accused me of not paying as I was leaving. I had the barclaycard receipt however. This was very unpleasant. I advise people not to stay at this hotel as they might be cheated.

Airy room.

The outlook and the location.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

It had rained and the water didn't drain away which meant the balcony was wet. Luckily I had stayed in other accommodation that also required putting the hot water system for 20 minutes prior to showering. I hadn't been told at check in.

The outlook and the location.the breakfast was great and the breakfast was lovely and sunny. I travelled alone by bus and the kind gentleman took me back to the bus station at the end of my 3 day stay.

Nice breakfast, pleasant people.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Tiny bathroom, shower meant water all over floor. Basically for the money it did the job, but no more. Wouldn't go back, would choose another location.

Nice breakfast, pleasant people.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Basic hotel in good location
    • Twin/Double Room

Hotel was very small. Rooms were basic and very small, as was the bathroom.

Good location. Quiet but within walking distance to beach and town centre. Hotel is situated up a lot of steep steps though. Room had a lovely balcony with a great view.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Feel Crete - best hotel in Agios Nikolaos
    • Twin Room with Sea View

There was never anything to dislike. From the first time I set foot in the Pergola five years ago to this year - always a second home.

I loved everything and it is not the first time I have been to the Pergola. I stay nowhere else in Agios Nikolaos and the host Mr. Yianni is part of the magic - the old wonderful Crete lives in him and so it lives in the hotel. Maybe you will lucky and hear him sing! It is my favorite place in Agios Nikolaos. And the breakfast will carry easy even past lunch. Book the ocean view rooms - you won't be sorry as you look over Mirabello Bay.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Close to the centre of the town and the sea
    • Superior Two Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

The superior rooms we reserved online for 3 nights through Booking.com was not available when we arrived. We were given a studio room instead and offered free breakfasts. However, when I checked with the owner to make sure we would only be charged the studio room rate , It appeared that the free breakfasts was only on offer if we paid the superior room rate ( which would have been an extra €45 ) Sadly, we found the hotel quite noisy at night, there was quite a lot of shouting and slamming doors. It is unlikely that we would choose this hotel again.

Close to the centre of the town and the sea

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Top place

The owner of the hotel is an excellent man who will welcome you with open arms and make you feel incredibly comfortable. The hotel itself is in an excellent location close to all the action in Agios Nikolaos. Ideal for people who can settle with a 2-star hotel as far as the services provided are concerned. Very clean place nonetheless

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

perfect loction for all amenities

The beds very hard

The staff very helpful and I left a item of clothing in the room which when I phoned they said they would send it in the post which they did as we live the other side of Crete

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Our holiday in Crete at the Pergola hotel
    • Twin/Double Room

The bathroom was much too small

The staff, especially Crystal and the cleaners were vey helpful. Mr Iannys the owner took us to the bus station. The location of the room, with views overlooking the sea. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Staff and owner very fair and helpful.
    • Twin/Double Room

Room a bit too small. Access only for the fit, unless you use taxis, but if you can't manage steps, forget Ag. Nik. Worth ordering and paying for balcony and seaview.

Staff and owner very fair and helpful. Nice continental breakfast. Beds comfortable. Excellent cleaners and hot water. Handy location for beaches and town.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Good, reasonably priced hotel

Bed was a little hard. Mosquito's in room.

Easy walking to everything, though a little far from the bus station but they were nice enough to drop me back there at the end of my stay. Delicious breakfast for €5. Very helpful staff able to answer your questions. A good price for Crete as it can be quite expensive, decent basic accommodation that doesn't blow the budget.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Everything was clean, comfortable and the staff was very...
    • Twin/Double Room

The room was a bit small

Everything was clean, comfortable and the staff was very kind to our requests. Everything in the room was new. The bath specifically was a far above the category of the Hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

location,view
    • Twin/Double Room

we booked a room with sea view but when we arrived we were told that our room was without sea view so we decided to pay extra to have it.Seems there is a mistake on the booking site that the hotel is not aware of.Too many stairs to get to the second floor with luggage and no elevator,first day no hot water from shower and flush was not working properly which were later solved by staff.The room is way to small,there is hardly any space to move around or place your luggage.

location,view

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Nice hotel, in a quiet location.
    • Twin/Double Room

Nice hotel, in a quiet location.

Percola great budget hotel
    • Studio

Traditional beautiful family hotel in good location quiet and a nice little beach a few stairs away. Great hosts and a great budget hotel.

Great stay

Nothing. Everything was great

Location, clealiness, staff

Just amazing!
    • Single Room with Sea View

Just amazing! Go for it, you won't be dissapointed. Huge balcony and a nice view.

Location and cleanliness
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Room was a little small and the bathroom was very small

Location and cleanliness

Had a fab time.

Very small side balcony.

We had booked the two bedroom apartment and it was huge!

Clean, efficient room in a good location.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Clean, efficient room in a good location. Just what we wanted.

Nice folks, sweet location, comfy room!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Nice folks, sweet location, comfy room!

The bed is very comfortable, the hotel is quiet even though it's only a few minutes walk from the ce

Mat on the floor in front of the bed.

Very close to town, yet quiet.

Great location and lovely views
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Bathroom so small impossible to close door, excessive amount of black hairs in blankets

Great location and lovely views

Relaxing greek vacation
    • Single Room with Sea View

Nice room, beautiful sea view, very nice beach just 5 minutes from the hotel, friendly and helpful owner of the hotel

Great but if you can’t handle lots of stairs and very steep hills forget it!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Small rooms but for the price fine

Views from balcony to die for

İt's a clean and comfortable place in great location.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

İt's a clean and comfortable place in great location.

Faded glory of hotel that hadnt really chosen as booking.com cancelled our original booking elsewher
    • Apartment with Sea View

Nobody there for check in only cleaners who are not responsible as they were friendly faded glory so probably a little overpriced

friendly checkout

Good hotel near bars, cafes and shops for a good price.

Bathroom needed refurbishment

Location .view

Excellent location.

Small room. Hard beds

Excellent location. Central to all. Staff very helpful. Clean but basic

Needs a renovation

Needs a renovation

very close to the beach and lake
    • Single Room with Sea View

beds comfy towels got changed and sheets every other day very good

Excellent location although up a lot of steps. Informal and friendly. Ideal for the independent.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Good atmosphere. relaxed informal service place to hang wet costumes etc.

the price and location

the steps up to the property,but there is a road you can use but takes longer

the price and location

Comfortable relaxed stay
    • Studio

Relaxed atmosphere and unintrusive care

Good room for couple days in Agios Nikolaos.

Bad Internet.

Good room with a beautiful seaside throws the window. You will have a refrigerator, air-condition, towels, kettle, cups and glasses.

Perfect spot for swimming, restaurants and walks
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Unable to access wi fi in our room

We loved everything about our stay in this delightful town.

Friendly owner and his daughter,quiet place,relaxing,clean...
    • Twin/Double Room

Friendly owner and his daughter,quiet place,relaxing,clean room,near shops,restaurants etc

Great for an overnight/short stay
    • Single Room with Sea View

Room cleanliness was not fantastic

Friendly staff, great location, comfy big bed

Dite o the background of a beautiful sea
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The Room was dirty unconfortable, and there were beetles in the staircase ; staff was unfriendly

Comfy bed, lovely view from the balcony and friendly,...
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Comfy bed, lovely view from the balcony and friendly, helpful owners.

Nice hotel with good location 40 m from sea.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Nice hotel with good location 40 m from sea.

relaxing and fun

all was fine

friendly hotel good parking nice view from balcony

central to Agios Nikolas

fairly ordinary breakfast

we were given a very spacious room

So lovely!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Really lovely hospitable people - kind and went out of their way to help only stayed one night but could easily have spent the week here!