Reviews of Philoxenia 3 stars

Main Street, Ermones, 49100, Greece

#6 of 11 hotels in Ermones

• Twin Room with Mountain View

There was nothing I didn't like.

This family run Hotel is fabulous. They could not have done more to make our stay enjoyable, from picking us up at the airport after a late flight from Athens, to preparing lovely breakfasts and dinners throughout our stay. And just steps to the beach. I only wish I could have stayed longer.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

We came to this hotel recommended by our friends. It was really nice to stay in a very clean room with a fantastic sea view. The room was newly refurbished and had new matresses. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We ate at the beach restaurant at first, but we liked more the hotel's pool restaurant because it had better prices and a great variety of dishes from the cook. In the evening we were served the best mojito and had an amazing night. We really want to come back again.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

There was only a few things which I thought would be there which weren't..... 1. A hair dryer in the room, as I didn't take mine so had to sit around with wet hair..... 2. Beach towels for going around the pool area, as I had to take one from our bathroom to lie on the beds. 3. Tea/coffee making facilities. All of the above have been in all of the other hotels we have stayed in, so I was a little disappointed that they were not in this hotel.

we had a great stay here, the hotel is family run so all of the staff were brilliant. They were very helpful and couldn't do enough for you. We would recommend you to stay here if you want a quiet and peaceful stay as the hotel is located in the small bay of Ermones and we have been coming here for the last 3 and half years and love it.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

First of all, I would like to thank for our generous transfer from the airport to the hotel although we are not entitled to it because we did not book from the hotel's site, as we had a disabled person. The hotel was dreamlike with a breathtaking view. Our room was clean and the staff very polite. We enjoyed our lunch in the pool restaurant with excellent variety and Greek specialities and in the evenings we were beautifully treated by the hotel's owner with his wonderful mohito!. Our stay both in Corfu and the hotel was amazing and we definitely want to come back.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

It was the first time we visited Corfu with my wife and our trip started from the beginning so right. We were transfered to the hotel with a luxury car. From the first look the hotel was standing at an amazing spot with a fantastic view. The rooms were newly renovated and nicely decorated but the most important they were clean. We ate mostly at the pool restaurant where someone can eat from fresh fish to Greek specialities at very good prices. Breakfast was rich as expected and helped our day to begin. We explored the area and spent a lovely time. We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

The location is beautiful and has a handful of amenities, but not the best if you're looking for something lively in the evenings.

The staff were amazing, very friendly and accommodating. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable, and the poolside area was fantastic, with a great view of the sea and a bar that serves great cocktails.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

It was a pleasant surprise to be transfered to the hotel from the airpot by a luxury car. We arrived at a fantasic location and it was so beautiful and clean. Our room had a view to the gardens of the hotel and the whole place made me relax so much. Breakfast was super and we enjoyed lunch at the pool restaurant having a variety of fish and greek specialities. Sea was close and we saw the most amazing sunset ever ! We definitely recommend this place because we wish others to have the same memories !

• Twin Room with Mountain View

The only caveat is the bathroom, the one in the photos here is obviously for sea view rooms only which is modern and clean, the one in mountain view rooms is really old and not clean.

The staff is really nice and helpful, area around the hotel is really good ( Ermones ) and it is fairly good drive time to Crofu town or most beautiful beaches and attraction.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

We came to Philoxenia hotel recommended by friends and I am very happy we did ! The hotel is amazing. They took us from the airport and we just could not stop looking at the magnificent view. Our room was lovely and clean. The breakfast was super and we enjoyed in the pool restaurant the Greek cuisine at noon with reduced prices. The sea was very close and we enjoyed our stay. In the evening we were so thrilled to watch a wonderful sunset that we will remember forever. The hotel staff was also very friendly and helpful. I'm glad we came and we want to come back!

Well, first of all it is NOT a good value for money, a way too expensive for this kind of place. Ok, but too many "BUTS"... There wasn't much to eat at breakfast, especially when you do not eat any meat or músli, tomatoes and olives, or feta sometimes, do not make any salad; the coffee was instant, which is essential for us, the real coffee lovers. The food at the hotel restaurant was ok but definitely did not cost EUR15 per person, my husband left hungry after dinner. The location is boring if you don't have a car, there is nowhere to go, just a few hotels and expensive taverns around. The water in the bay is always colder than anywhere on the island, the beach is tiny. And many other but...

The baking every morning was fresh and delicious, the music at breakfast and smiling friendly staff were nice and pleasant. The owner is really solicitous and attentive. The chambermaid was an absolutely marvellous woman who made our stay more pleasant as it was stunningly clean every day as we returned from our trips.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

It was the most amazing trip ever. We were transferred from the airport to this beautiful place where the hotel was located. The view could take your breath away. The room was great and clean and breakfast super. We had our lunch to the pool restaurant at very good prices. We ate fish and greek specialities, fantastic cook! Congratulations are in order for the mohito king, Takis the owner. All staff ready to serve us with a smile on their face. I really want to come back again. I definitely recommend this to all.

The rooms were fine, it is an old property. I was slightly disappointed with the breakfast. I would have hoped for more hot/prepared meals and higher quality of the ones that were provided (i.e. eggs). Otherwise, we enjoyed ourselves.

The staff was very gracious and friendly and accommodating. I actually can't speak highly enough about the staff.

• Double Room with Sea View

The hotel could have provided an information booklet or guide in the rooms with info and WiFi details etc. We later obtained this from the desk. The shower head was broken and needed a way of being suspended.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. We particularly liked the pool and the area shaded by the oak tree with nice food served here at lunch. The hotel was calm and spacious with a sea view. Ermones is not far from Corfu Town and on the way back we were able to work out the bus route - with a short walk to the bus stop (200m) - it's an incredibly cheap way to travel across Corfu.

• Double Room with Sea View

I wouldn't say that there was anything I "didn't like", but do know that the mattresses are very firm (which I like), and the accommodations are simple, in keeping with the hotel category. The double room with sea view is small, but the terrace is an extension of the room and gives space for relaxation when the weather is cooperative. This is a hotel I would unreservedly recommend.

One couldn't ask for a warmer welcome! And the food served every evening in the restaurant was simple, local, and fresh--but above all, very tasty and an incredible value. The grounds are very pretty and extremely well-maintained. The views are lovely, perfect for watching the sun go down. There is a very cozy spirit about the place, and the owner and staff go the extra mile to ensure you are happy.

We had some issues with our room. We had a broken shower handle so had to hold the shower arm when showering and the water went hot and cold but could never get it warm. The beds were very hard and the linens need updating. The phone in the room only worked sometimes and the connection was patchy when you could get an open line. The room was very basic - no extras like a kettle or bottled water - and you cannot drink the tap water in Corfu so would have been nice to have at least had one bottle of water on arrival. Had there not been the issues mentioned I would have rated it higher as the staff, pool and food were good to very good.

The staff were friendly and helpful on most occasions during our stay and the swimming pool was great. We enjoyed the swim up bar and the space around the pool had plenty of seating. The food was very good when homemade and nothing was too much trouble to change recipes a bit to suit our child. The complimentary breakfast was good with a few different things each morning as well as staples like toast, cereals and croissant/cakes. The view from the dining room balcony and our hotel room balcony were breathtaking particularly at sunset.

Not a thing! They were amazing.

The staff at the hotel were some of the kindest and most generous people i have ever met. The customer service was absolutely the BEST we have ever experienced, and we travel A LOT.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

We arrived late at night and we were transferred from the airport to the hotel with a luxury car. The staff of the hotel welcomed us and were always with a big smile on their face. Breakfast was super but what was excellent was the food we tasted at the restaurant pool, with excellent variation and Greek specialities, prices also very good. Rooms were big and clean and very well decorated. I must not forget to mention the wonderful view over the pool of the sea which helps you relax and of course the special mohito made my Takis at night next to the pool. I definitely recommend this hotel to all.

• Double Room with Sea View

Rooms a bit basic. Breakfast a bit too basic (good orange juice vs artificial would be appreciates) had to request a receipt and at that it was only for drinks not extras (even though everywhere in Greece should give you a receipt by law and most shops have a sign)

The location was great. Central to get around without being in a crazy touristic spot. Pool area nice. Great staff. Stunning views from the terrace. Overall great value.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

Sometimes you wonder what one day and night can do but only if you visit Philoxenia Hotel you know the answer! First I enjoyed the transfer from the airport to the hotel where the welcome was more than expected. Although I stayed only one night I can talk about everything... breakfast was great and rich. At noon I ate at the restaurant pool where there was a variety of Greek specialities, with a fantastic view over the sea. My room was very clean and I slept like a baby on the bed. My night was fullfilled with an excellent mohito made by the hands of the owner whom I have to thank very much. I felt like home from the very beginning and I want to come back and spend more days at this amazing hotel. Thank you for eveything.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Twin Room with Mountain View

It was a wonderful experience from the moment we arrived to the airport and transferred to the hotel. We arrived to a beautiful hotel where we were welcomed with the best way. Our room had a fantastic view to the sea and was clean and spacy. We liked the special breakfast and enjoyed the Greek specialities at reduced prices at the restaurant pool. No wonder how our nights became so intrigued since the incredible mohito by the owner changed everything! We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

We arrived to Corfu by plane and were transferred to the hotel and charged very low. The hotel location looks like a paradise. Our room was at the main building which was recently renovated and enjoyed the new COCOMAT mattresses! Breakfrast was rich and with a wonderful view of the sea and next to the pool. Food was served at the restaurant and was full of traditional Greek dishes and great prices. Although we had our kids with us, we had our mohitos at night specially made by the owner and will never forget his kindness and good manners. We recommend this hotel to all.

If you don't have a car or don't want to rent one, do not stay in Ermones. We drove there from Romania and were able to see the island and the landmarks. Also, the prices at the tavernas are very high, I recommend buying food also from supermarkets and storing some in the room (it has a fridge). Ermones is a resort of about 3-4 hotels. 2 tavernas and a small shop. You don't get a city center or a street filled with restaurants or shops. The beach is not sandy (it's rocky) and there is a bus station nearby (5 mins walk), however, Glyfada beach is close by.

Location, location, location ! Having visited more than 25 countries, I can honestly say that this was the perfect holiday. The hotel staff is overwhelmingly friendly and helpful and the view from the private swimming pool towards the sea is BREATHTAKING. The swimming pool also has a pool bar and you can get good and decent priced cocktails and beers. We stayed in room 211 (I highly recommend the room, it is the one from the top right hand side corner on one of the pics I uploaded here with the olive trees behind). The room also has a balcony and it has a perfect view to the seaside. We particularly enjoyed the swimming pool area, the staff and the value for money. We've checked all of the tripadvisor's recommendations BUT the ONE THING you HAVE to see is Glyfada beach. This beach is 6 km away from the hotel, it's free and you can also get a scooter to it. Another great place to visit is Kassiopi (about 35 km from the hotel). DO NOT BOOK the room with a garden view, you will thank me later. Breakfast is 3+ star with a decent variety and quality. The hotel is a family business, if they don't treat you right, they're out of business so they take hospitality very seriously. The hotel owner is present everywhere, he's always smiling and willing to help you, we found him awake at 6 AM and he probably sleeps for 4-5 hours per night.

• Double Room with Sea View

Nothing, everything was perfect.

Excellent hotel in Ermones (center west of Corfou which is ideal to visit all parts of the island), marvelous sea view from all rooms, very very friendly ever smiling and helpful multilingual staff, very good ratio quality/price, lots of parking places, excellent food. What else can you dream of for a perfect holiday ?

• Twin Room with Mountain View

It was indeed a wonderful experience from the beginning until the end. We were transferred to the hotel by car from the airport and found a beautiful hotel among gardens and a fantastic view. I was impressed by the rooms, they were clean and the new COCOMAT matresses gave us a special relax. Breakfast was rich as expected and food in the pool restaurant full of choices and good prices. The mohito later in the evening, made specially by Takis the owner, made us enjoy our stay even more. I definitely recommend it.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Twin Room with Mountain View

Our room was below ground level off a dark and damp corridor with grotty looking furniture stored there. Old mattresses stacked up outside the hotel Hairs in the bed and bathroom floor Old , holey towels Dated bathroom Nothing like photos on booking. com

Good location with lovely views and attractive garden and pool Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Twin Room with Mountain View

Philoxenia hotel was a great choice. I arrived by plane and they took me to the hotel by car. I had a fantastic room and very clean with a great view. Breakfast was rich but the astonishing part was the food I tasted in the restaurant pool. There were special Greek dishes and fresh fish. I didn't stay long but know how to recognize a very good service. Its a family business and they certainly know how to do their job well, their smile is everything. I sincerely recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Difficult to fault anything, as this hotel was excellent.

Quiet, tranquil location with beautiful sea and mountain views. Lovely hotel with spacious, well appointed guest rooms and large balconies. Owners and staff really friendly and keen to ensure you have everything you need. Lovely pool with plenty of sun loungers and a swim up bar. Excellent, good value food served in the evenings. Choice of other Taverna's in close proximity and walking distance.

• Double Room with Sea View

very friendly staff always with a smile! we really liked the view from our room and the swimming pool. In the swimming pool a la carte restaurant we had the best plates in the area (congrats to the chef!) and delicious mojitos by Takis

• Double Room with Sea View

I will begin with the great view over the pool, the sea really makes you feel relaxed. Its a family hotel and we were welcomed extremely well. The room was clean and spacy and we enjoyed the special traditional dishes and of course the mohito by the pool made by Takis. I recommend this hotel for its calmness and authenticity. Ι would like to come back and stay more days.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

The hotel had rooms with panoramic view of the sea, everything around was clean and perfect and surfing in the Internet was provided with free Wi-Fi. The staff always willing to help with a smile on their face and the buffet breakfast just wonderful! I was impressed by the wonderful dishes and fresh fish that were served at the poolside restaurant. The chef was amazing! ! I must not forget to mention the famous mojito made by Takis. Just perfect! !!!!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Alhtough Istayed one night I really enjoyed my stay. The room was very clean and the personnel very friendly. I found excellent the traditional Greek dishes that were served by the pool. The view over the pool was fantastic and provided a special calmness. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

rooms not that clean- found a clump of hair on my pillow ( was a bit too disgusted to click and post), very few amenities provided in room - could not find hair dryer or coffee maker. location was too quite and not many restuarant options compared to soem of the other locations we visited on corfu

probably one of the quitest locations on corfu - quick access to the beach

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

The beach is not sandy and for access to sea you must go downhill few hundred meters. The walk on beach and entering water was is painfully, due to big rocks in the beach and water. I strongly recommend swimming shoes. The breakfast mainly contain sweet food. More fruits and vegetables would be perfect.There are a plenty bee sharing food with tourists at breakfast.

The room was nice and big, personal was professional and view from the room is gorgeous. Good cleaning services, towels were changed every 3 days and floor was washed every day. The swimming pool is also excellent. Accommodation is perfect but Ermones beach is not that good. If you intend to try different beaches every day, this is a perfect choice. I strongly recommend to try to have dinner on the restaurants next to beach, the view is fantastic!

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

We stayed at Philoxenia for 4 nights during our honeymoon and cannot fault a thing! Our room was clean with plenty of space and had our own balcony with a view of the ocean. It's a 2 minute walk to the most peaceful and beautiful beach. Staff were lovely and more than helpful with any questions we had. Overall absolutely amazing value and we highly recommend!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Reduced variety of meals and drinks, high prices for medium(or a little bit better) meals

Very clean, great room, pool and restaurant view, very friendly and responsive staff, food seems to be prepared in location with fresh ingredients

Very poor breakfast.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

Fantastic view from the rooms, great family!!!

Needs mosquito nets in the rooms

It was like staying with family

No entertainment, bedroom/bathroom decor tired.

Comfy bed, very friendly and helpful staff. Wonderful views. Excellent pool/bar.

nice view

• Double Room with Sea View

Wonderfull staff always keen to to meet your needs

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

The rooms are outdated, swimming pool unheated.

Breakfast was ok, good location

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

The hotel had a very friendly and warm people working for them. They wanted to serve you best possible way. Food was good.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Nice relaxing pool with a bar, very friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Although I stayed only one night, I had the chance to meet the staff who were really very kind and hospitable. The room was big, comfortable and had a great view, and the bed provided me with a great sleep. It was very clean and smelled beautiful. I enjoyed the Greek breakfast, the organic salads at lunch and the extraordinary mohito next to the pool made by Takis. Wish I could have stayed more!

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

We really liked this hotel, the staff was always with a big smile (they are one family who runs it), the view was very nice with a perfect sunset, the mojito (as i had read) was excellent and generally it was very relaxing for us to be there. We will definitely go back some time!

• Reviewed: 12 October 2015

We travelled all over corfu for a week and that was unfortunately our worst experience. We were not expecting such a touristic place. The bay had be completely convered by huge hotels for large group willing to get organized tour. Really not what we were looking for.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

It was a bit far from the rest of sights. The room Was a bit out dated.

What a view! The staff was amazing! Corfu wow! The parking was great. The breakfast was too.

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

The housekeeping wasn't the best, no sheets and towels changed when needed, also wiping the floor. Very poor speed on Wi-Fi.

Very nice hotel, with a splendid view and facilities. The kids had a great time at the pool. Very good food.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2015

The beach close to the hotel is reserved for another hotel so no chair is available to rent. The beach has rocks so is hardly usable with no available rentable chair. The breakfast is very limited but one may cope with it.

Our room had a great sea view, although not all rooms have such clear sea view.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

NICE FAMILY HOTEL!!FOOD REALLY TASTY AND THE STAFF SO POLITE!GORGEOUS VIEW FROM MY BALCONY TO THE BEAUTIFUL BAY!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Mosquitoes.

Very friendly staff. Nice and quiet location.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

The bed was very firm.

Great view, amazing sunsets. Glad we had a car, good location.

There are also 7 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Philoxenia traveller photo gallery