Reviews of Pilot Beach Resort 5 stars

Main Street, Georgioupolis, 73007, Greece

#14 of 40 hotels in Georgioupolis

• Twin Bungalow with Sea View

It is the fourth time we spent a week in October at Pilot Beach Resort. So far we had a family room on the side of the main building, which worked really well for our family of four. In previous years, the rooms were big enough and far away from the national road so we would not hear the traffic too much. This year, when I wanted to book my trip back in August, there were no family rooms available on the Pilot Beach internet page or on booking. So I thought, let's get a treat a book 2 rooms on the beach side. This proved a mistake: the rooms are more expensive there because of the view, but they are smaller, and what you don't realize is that the noise from the national road is just unbearable. We had to sleep with closed windows and ear plugs, so we would not stay awake all night long. Luckily the weather was a little cooler this year, so it did not get too hot in the room but I could not have imagine how it would get with a warmer weather. At least one positive aspect of being on the beach side is that the breakfast buffet on that side is less of a home run and more relaxing than on the other side of the property.

• Family Junior Suite

Location - feels like it's in the middle of nowhere Miniclub wasnt v exciting The reception staff could be more welcoming.

I don't write reviews normally but this is an exceptionally good hotel just on the beach, great facilities, wonderful grounds and ambience, good food, and all tastefully done. My seven year old twin boys loved it - choosing which of the 5 pools to go to, or to ride the waves! The mini club didn't look v exciting so gave that a miss. The evening entertainment was not bad at all with opera one evening, Greek dancing another etc - nicely done. Decent selection of restaurants and a great beach bar! We had a junior suite which was perfect for us with 2 bedrooms and a nice balcony. The only thing is the hotel feels like it's in the middle of nowhere (which some may love!!). The quiet village is a short drive away...We took a cab and bus to Rethymnon - a 20 minute drive away - which is a gorgeous town, third largest in Crete, with wonderful local food, harbour and nice shops. However the hotel has a small shop for conveniences. The staff are mixed - reception staff aren't hugely helpful. The maitre of the beach sushi restaurant etc was excellent! We had a great time!

• Twin Bungalow with Sea View

Pilot Beach Resort is a very nice place to stay at. Beach and pools are very nice and the whole place is great for children and families. Food is excellent, there are plenty of different restaurants, staff is careful and pleasant, especially waiters and waitresses, special thanks to Angela who is working at the restaurants down the beach and is always so helpful. The overall architecture of the hotel is nicely embedded in the natural environment of the island. We had a great stay at the Pilot.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Superior Twin Bungalow with Pool View

Nothing, it is a perfect place to stay in.the

Everything was perfect, from staff, room, facility and the food variety. The staff will go the extra mile to help and sort out any issues if there were any. Let's not forget the location of the resort. It was a great experience and I will highly recommend this place to anyone interested in visiting Crete.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Twin Bungalow with Sea View

Worst reception and reservation desk which we ever met. They were not able to settle client reclamations, only after disputes of couple of hours. First night we did not sleep, the room we got was terrible and so small, that we could not use the air condition; without that, plus with several mosquitos on board, the second day we were zombies, when we asked our room to be changed. With 1-2 hours time invested, finally we managed. At the end, they wanted to charge two times for sea front beach view. After explanations of 1,5 hours, finally I renounced to explain anything (at 12 midnight...) Early in the morning, they charged the service only once. The service is poor for a one star hotel, but for a five one!

Location, location and location. Plus, nice personnel at the beach restaurant.

The noise from the road

Food

• Family Junior Suite

They gave me wrong room , end up moving .

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Family Junior Suite

We found Crete to be covered in litter.

Fabulous resort, excellent facilities and very reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

Don't take the excursion to Georgioupolis at the moment - the town is a building site, complete with sewer smells. No other places to eat within walking distance of the hotel, so recommend half or full board - fortunately the food at the hotel IS very good.

Great choice of food, very friendly staff, quite a large site, each pool had a different character. Lovely to have breakfast in the Beach Restaurant most days. Relaxing. Different things on each night in the Lobby bar - some cheesy, some very good.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

Big big problem with the master of the restaurant downstairs. Everybody scare this small guy. He think he's a military? One history: We decide to visit the other side of the island, so we return late to the hotel (at 21h30!!!!)... The day was difficult with our baby, so my wife don't eat and go to the room with him. I ask to the servers of the restaurant if i could take something hot to the room for my wife, and he say me...talk to the MASTER (lol) ... I call the MASTER ( Mr MISTRE VANGELIS) and explain to him my situation... He answer like that: "CHANGE YOUR WIFE"!!!! What the hell??!! He ´s crazy to answer that?! In the moment I would like to kick his face but I temperate my nerves, stay quit and take it like a joke... Finaly after more than 20min, I take a plate and go to the room! The rest of the hotel was nice... The swimmingpools are bigs.

We love the situation, the rooms. The guys in the bar are kindly.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

Too noisy, cars and road all night long

Sea, Beach, Food

• Reviewed: 4 June 2015

Beach food

• Reviewed: 1 June 2015

reachability

excellent beach, breakfast, Kids Club, all the activities

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

Nice staff and great for kids. Beautiful setting!

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.