Reviews of Poseidon Beach Hotel 2 stars

Kamari Beach, Kamari, 84700, Greece

#37 of 50 hotels in Kamari

• Economy Double Room

Bed could be bit more solid.

Location in the middle of the promenade, one step to the beach, 5 minutes to supermarket and bus station. Pool, small terrace for each room, nice garden with fig tree, Helpful personnel helped with everything we needed.

The beaches are very rocky but there is a sandy beach about ten minutes away in taxi

The staff at the hotel was very helpful and friendly the location for restaurants and shops was excellent

• Economy Double Room

The photos did not at all resemble reality. The room was small, smelt heavily of cleaning products, there were stains everywhere, the shower was only hand held... we felt uncomfortable enough for us to pack our bags and leave the next morning to more suitable accommodation

Fantastic location with close proximity to the beach and local cafes/ restaurants/ ice cream etc.

• Double or Twin Room

Uncomfortable beds, bad windows without any proper curtains which let light in very early, door to balcony did not shut properly, noisy neighbourhood, no access to hotel by car

Friendly staff, fabulous beach touching location, nice size bathroom

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

View of electric poles instead of sea view through the window / very unprofessional reception ladies / poor breakfast table / unorganized and overexpensive transfer service.

Close to the beach.

• Double or Twin Room

The shower could use a bit more pressure and it would be nice to have complimentary water as you can't drink the tap water.

The location of the hotel is excellent and the staff were really helpful and knowledgeable. Closeness to the bus stop is also a benefit and value for money is superb.

The facilities can be improved which some necessary items like kettle or cup were missing in room. Also our room was with balcony but with no view so I didn't understand the concept of having balcony when the view is a wall.

It was next to beach and convenient to explore the kamari

• Economy Triple Room

The lock of the door to the common terrace had broken and didn't replaced.

Friendly staff and clean room. Very clove to the first bus stop of Kamari beach.

• Economy Triple Room

Our original room was not as nice as we hoped so we upgraded. The new room had the world's smallest shower. I'm a small person and I could barely turn around. There was not enough room to even shave your legs! If you are in Kamari, remember that you will not get to see any sunsets. :(

The hotel was right on the strip with easy access to beaches, bars and restaurants as well as taxis and other transportation. We upgraded to a two bedroom room with wonderful air conditioning. There was a small pool right out front that we didn't have time to use.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast should be more variety. The bathroom looks outdated and contrasts very much with the rest of the room.

The staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming and were always happy to answer any questions and provide any help. My room was clean and comfortable with great sea view (I stayed in room # 204). Very comfortable balcony. Nice pool area. Great location right close to the beach. Good place to stay in Kamari.

• Economy Double Room

- Room outdated. - Noisy fridge. Had to unplug at night. - Old fashioned television. - Room did not have private balcony. Shared courtyard.

- Nice pool area and reception. - Good air conditioning. - Friendly Staff. - Clean.

• Economy Double Room

Originally had requested early check in as was arriving at 9am. This appears to have been ignored and we were not informed we would not be able to check in until 2pm. Had to pay an additional €32 to use a different room until 1pm which wasn't ideal but was the only fault with the entire stay. Poolside loungers fill up quickly and pool was quite deep so wouldn't be ideally suitable for young children.

Location was unbeatable. 30 second walk to the beach and strip with restaurants, bars and shops. Hotel was spotlessly clean with excellent air conditioning in room. All tour operators pick up from 5 minutes outside the hotel for day trips.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 3 Children)

Breakfast same everyday. Would have liked more variety.

Very nice property for families close to Nydri. My kids enjoyed the pool very much. Mr Nikos was very friendly and very much appreciated his advice and recommendations on where to go.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The Posedion Restaurant guy was very rude and the first day when we arrived the guy at the ice cream bar in front of the hotel was rude . They need to behave with the customers properly. My review is nothing to do with the accommodation itself but its the restaurant outside the hotel. the WIFI was not good an very slow so they could upgrade to a better speed.

Excellent property location and good staff. Kamari is best place to stay in Santorini.

• Double or Twin Room

Cleaning, fresh bath towels, fresh sheets. Air conditioning

We booked this hotel because we wanted somewhere on the beach front in kamari as we had visited once before a few years ago and decided the next time that we visited santorini that we would stay beach fine here. The pool was also a deciding point. We booked a normal standard room. It one of the limited ones at the front eithna beaxh view... in hindsight we could have booked anywhere a block or so away from the beach without s view and had better room facilities. We used the pool once... why would you pool when the beach is right there'll.. and so many others so close by... lesson learnt.. don't need a pool. The rooms were small.. although clean. Only room for one suitcase on the desk in the room, with a bit of shuffling things... the other suitcase was emptied and contents put on floor of the wardrobe as no shelves provided... just three coat hangers. There was a room safe on the floor,of the wardrobe as well. Emptied case stood upright next to desk. There was a fridge.... and two bottles of water provided in arrival. We bought our own water from the supermarket around the corner for the rest of the stay as no more provided. Wifi was good. Bathroom had a shower, vanity, hairdryer and bin. Notice saying towels changed every two days... wish that was right. On day One we arrived with single bed sheets on bottom of two single bed mattresses and a single sheet and thun cotton blanket folded at the bottom of each mattress that was pushed together. We made up the beds. Next arvo .. night two.. after our day out we found the sheets and blankets folded again at the bottom of our mattresses so made up our beds.. at about midnight ..... no fresh towels. Night three we returned.. beds untouched... room swept, bins emptied. No fresh towels. Beds Unmade and untouched, no fresh towels or sheets Night four we returned.. yes we were out all day every day.. it is santorini!!?,?. Room swept bins emptied..

• Economy Triple Room

The staff were really kind and helpful. They booked our transport to and from the port as well as our ferry. The pool and bar area were very nice. The beach was very close and was nice. The suit was spacious and the view from the balcony was beautiful.

• Economy Double Room

We stayed in the cheap room which were located in the basement. The rooms were very sparse and the bed was terribly uncomfortable. There was also a very unpleasant moldy odor. The beach isn't really a beach at all as it is very solid rock with some larger rocks. We didn't have breakfast after we noticed it consisted of processed cheese and mystery deli meat.

The pool was nice.

• Economy Double Room

I have been in this hotel for one week. The position is perfect, it is in front of the beach, 15 minutes far from the airport - but I have never heard noises from my room - and the bus stop to go to Fira is really close. The staff is really friendly and, for Italian speakers, Caterina perfectly speaks Italian.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Rooms , cleanliness, lights in the room.

The location is good but the hotel lacks facilities! The beds and the room look outdated and not at all comfy. The rooms don't even have basic electric kettles. The staff is not trained. We told them to not charge us on the card as we'l be paying cash and they still did without informing us!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

There is nothing I didn't like about this hotel and trip.

Firstly before I even arrived at the property, the staff were through in responding to me via email with my queries and worries. As I was travelling alone I was very anxious about where I would be located within the hotel etc. They always answered straight away and made me feel calm about my planned trip. On arrival the staff were very welcoming and friendly. The owner was around daily and any problem I had was resolved within an immediate time frame. Constanchristina (Tina) who was mainly on reception for my duration was interested in what I was doing, I always came back from my adventures and she was always eager to listen to my stories, even taking notes to supply other guests with information. She was extremely helpful and nothing was to much trouble. I paid for a standard room that was perfect for me, on the first floor, very neat, tidy and clean. The decor was simple and effective, bathroom more than adequate with a hairdryer also. The bed was comfortable and always made up daily. The view overlooked another hotel and to the left my favorite mountain. You could hear the guests in the other hotel but nothing intrusive and noise levels were at a minimal, especially when I closed the balcony doors I could not hear anything. The pool area and front of hotel overlooked the tavernas onto the beach. I did not find this a distraction, people do walk past the hotel, but any hotel on the front is the same and I did not find this intrusive as it still felt private. The pool are was big enough for my liking and the pool although a little cold for the time of year, was clean and pleasant to swim in. The hotel itself was ideal for me being alone because of location and all the people are friendly. I felt safe and comfortable and so glad I choose this hotel for my stay. I noticed some of the other bigger hotels to be quite busy with family's, although children are not a problem for me, I did prefer having the peace and quiet of adults being around at the time of my stay.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The best thing about this hotel is the hotel staff and how clean this place is. Second best thing is the location. The hotel itself is simple, but very good value for money.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Due to the mariner's strike we had to change our dates so we couldn't get the sea view room that we had booked initially. The receptionist told us that she would try to move us even if it was for 1-2 nights as we were there for 4 nights but it didn't happen. So we were disappointed as the hotel was beach facing and we got a side building faving view.

We liked the location. As it was close on the beach promenade full of restaurants and easy access to the beach. Also it was very close to the bus stop. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Economy Double Room

One of the days, I decided to take breakfast, was a bit dull, gli was charged 8euros, when on booking.com was 5 euros, I did not find it fair

Best hotel ever, right by the sea, great restaurant, nice room, brilliant staff.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The fact that they double charged me and I still haven't been credited although they say they have informed my bank. I should not have to chase them up repeatedly with no result.

Close to the other hotels, restaurants and buses The room was basic but nice is was on the ground level with a balcony. The pool is smal and very cold and the breakfast was average but good value. The restaurant opposite was very good.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Economy Double Room

Great location, clean & very helpful staff, I left my phone in taxi on way there the receptionist rang & I got it straight back, loved my stay there & def would go back thank you x

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

It is not very new, our shower was leaking badly, but otherwise okay

The bed was very comfy! The stuff is friendly and the pool is nice - clean and rather warm , and there weren't too many people around it even though the hotel was full. get diving shoes for the black beach, it's painful to get in and out through the little rocks

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We stayed in a double room which was too little for us: no many scaffolds, no much space to put our stuff in. There was a bad smell coming from the bathroom. Breakfast was not so bad, but I think 8€ per person a day is sincerely too much. The are some hotels in Kamari beach that are cheaper. If breakfast was included in the price, it would be better!

The hotel is just in front of the sea: perfect position! The room has a beautiful sea view. The stuff was very friendly and nice.

• Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect , there was a mix up with my booking when arrived but staff sorted it and threw in free breakfast for rest of my stay, staff helpful

• Family Room (2 Adults + 3 Children)

We stay in family room.The bed wasn't comfortable, no boiler or even you cannot order cafe to the room as their is no room service. You have to bring it by urself The air conditioning in the master room only while the other has fan

The location The swimming pool Good for money

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Economy Double Room

First of all, they did not arrange the pickup well, we waited for 20 mins at the midnight until everyone was gone, and then we took a taxi to the hotel. Secondly, they gave us a room in the basement, there is no view at all. Imagine that you have a holiday in a romantic island but your room is in the basement... Thirdly, they only clean the room every second day, so do not expect them to vacuum or change towels everyday. Fourthly, the staff is nice that recommended restaurants in different towns, but they were either expensive or not good, so we did not trust them anymore.

The best beach of Santorini is just right in front of the hotel. The staff is nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Economy Double Room

Poor internet in the room as it kept dropping out or not downloading messages. The breakfast was OK but I don't like instant coffee and was surprised they served it for breakfast

The helpful staff and rooms. The rooms are bright and have big open glass doors with shutters. The balcony is small but private and goodc for An evening drink or just downtime. Great food at the beach Cafe opposite.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Economy Double Room

The room i've booked was completely dirty. Used sheets and used towels. Orrible. They said "sorry" and gave me another one, clean but in a terrible position

Pool it's nice

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Economy Triple Room

The room smelled of damp,as it was in the basement. The patio area was full of Air con units and water on the floor. The room and bathroom were very tired and needed renovating. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. The hotel was noisy as the doors banged as people came in and out.

The pool was an added bonus. The staff were nice and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The hand held shower rose being located at hip height makes it difficult to wash hair Etc.

We enjoyed our stay at Poseidon. We liked being located opposite the Kamari beach, spending time there in the mornings. The room had AC, small verandah, hair dryer, overall quite comfortable. Reception provides 24hr service and made bookings for us for tours and transfers. Nice pool.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Economy Triple Room

The single beds were a bit hard and uncomfortable

Perfect location in Kamari right in front of the beach and on the pedestrian walkway full of restaurants and shops. Nice small pool, friendly staff and clean rooms

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Very very noisy, you can hear people outside the room, doors closing and opening very hard , i couldn't sleep for my whole stay

Staff was helpful

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The staff were so helpful and friendly. The hotel's restaurant is right on the beach and the staff can recommend some amazing food. The hotel is located on a pedestrian street that fronts onto a beautiful beach. So relaxing!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Economy Double Room

The other guest were very rude. We were dissapointed with the environment the other guests created (this isn't the hotels fault).

This hotel was absolutely fantastic. The staff were extremely helpful with our lost luggage from the airline. They booked and organised all activities for us, our stay was very stress free. The location was perfect, the view was perfect.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel staff are nothing more than just polite. The rooms are ok but somehow outdated (leaking plumbery, no noise isolation) The worst experience was the breakfast : a buffet of low quality industrial food that you have to take on a messy terrace

Swimming pool is nice and location just in front of sea shore is very good. The restaurant Poseidon just in front of the hotel makes good dishes and is very nice

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Economy Double Room

The only thing was that i had to leave really didnt want too

This was my first holiday and wont be my last in santorini the staff made us feel very welcome the room was very soacious with working air con and the bed was comfortable i was there for a week attending a wedding and the location was perfect big thanks to all staff

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel staff was very helpful and welcomed us with plenty of information and services. They not only met but also exceeded all our expectations throughout our stay. This is a top 3 stars hotel, definitely a place we will recommend. Our room was very clean and featuring a lovely balcony. It was a quiet room and the wi-fi was great in the whole hotel (common areas and the room). The hotel is located in a beautiful pedestrian area with loads of restaurants, bars and all kind of services, yet within 150mt from buses and taxi ranks that we used to reach any corner of the island. Everything was wonderful and we had an unforgettable holiday. Caterina - one of the staff members - speaks a perfect Italian and was the best and we would like to thank her particularly!

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Economy Double Room

the hotel looks much better in the ads than in reality. Rooms are old and worn down, the beds are hardly wide enough to sleep two people... the rooms' 'terrace' is bare minimum... with a definite back-yard feel. we came from a super nice hotel n Paros; Poseidon was not nearly in the same class.

the location is right on the beach the reception girl was very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Economy Triple Room

When we arrived, the room they gave us was absolutely depressing. After that, we changed rooms and the new one was very nice and with a great view. I only recommend rooms where you can see the pool and the sea. The staff was nice and tried to be helpful but with no experience. We asked for a transfer and they booked it for the wrong time, then they forgot to wake us up when we had to go to the airport and even though they knew we were going to the airport at 4 AM to be early for our flight, they didn't tell us that it would be closed until 5:30 AM.

The pool and the location.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast looked quite basic; noise from corridor and doors closing could be heard from room

Central location and right opposite the beach; pool; clean and comfortable room; large patio

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Great location right on the sea front and close to the shops and restaurants. Always greeted with a smile by the cheerful lady on reception. Would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 3 Children)

Staff was wonderful, very helpful with restaurants and reservations. Perfect location on the beach in the middle of the boardwalk, couldn't be any better. Rooms are large enough for families with children which is really nice

Breakfast was euro 8 which was valve for money

Right on the beach. It is good

• Economy Double Room

The shower head doesn't have an attachment so it has to be held

The location is brilliant. Staff friendly

Noisy at night

Location was good and the staff were all first class

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing it was absolutely beautiful.

Location was amazing, staff was extremely helpful and sweet. The pool was pefect.

• Double or Twin Room

Very friendly and helpful staff and excellent location of the hotel made our stay in Santorini unforgettable.

Nothing I can’t fault it

Great location, clean with great staff. Love this place we’ve stopped there on 3 occasions

It being on the beach

• Double or Twin Room

Very expensive for the basic very basic accomodation... (the room only) Maybe was only the room.they gave to me...

Not able to organise transfers for our arrival.

clean and comfortable property.

Excellent location by the beach. Very good friendly service. Good food.

• Economy Double Room

very basic premises and quality of the rooms

helpful staff location

• Economy Double Room

The facility is a little bit old

The location is very good, also the pool is very good

• Double or Twin Room

WEAK WI/FI DROPS MANY TIMES NO WIFI?

GREAT LOCATION

Not appicable

Location at the end of the beach was great, quiet and very nice.

• Economy Triple Room

It looked a bit more glamorous on the website!

Nice staff, good to be so close to the beach.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 3 Children)

Great staff! Very helpful and welcoming. Fabulous location, clean and spacious rooms. We really enjoyed our two nights!

Very nice hotel with very nice staff. I definetly will come back.

Staff

Right in front of the beach, very friendly staff, were flexible and allowed us early check-in

• Economy Double Room

Superb Location - Right in front of the beach. Friendly staff and easy access to Bike or Motor Renting

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Economy Double Room

Helpful on the desk and room was clean.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Economy Double Room

Family and staff ... excellent..

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Bed was very thin/hard

Balcony and view and pool

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Bathroom beds

Friendly staff location

• Double or Twin Room

Finish to the room very basic fine for a weeks stay any longer would want more luxury Very lovely staff

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Fantastic location

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect very friendly staff close to bus station and to the beach I will be there next year too

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Rooms were tired could do with an upgrade good

Near the beach great pool