Reviews of Preka Maria

Main Street, Kamari, 84700, Greece

9.7

We expected much more
    • Studio

- Toilet are at least very BAD. Shower is disaster. Everything in the bathroom is old and a little weird smell. - Absolutely overpriced hotel, not worth the money! - Periodically, the fridge produced the sound of a little bell. - The door doesn't help the noise from the hall. - Impossible sleep with open windows even if it's not hot outside. Because The hotel is next to the main street... car sounds from outside + birds start tweeting at 4 am + sound from landing Airplanes (Kamari is very next to Airport). - Wrong location point on "The Booking". Check it from website. - The Reception is the hotel across from this one (Anasia hotel)

The reception stuff is absolutely wonderful, very nice and very helpful. The stuff let us take showers and bathrooms to freshen up after check out before came our transfer to the Port. The location is close to the beach - 5 min and 3 min to bus stop to Thira. Breakfast is good and tasty. Everything was fresh! There is Safebox, fridge, air-conditioner!

Wonderful location on Santorini
    • Studio

It was not possible to fix the shower head at the wall.

it was a wonderful hotel facility with beautiful plants and a very nice pool. All the people were very friendly, especially the service at reception.

Very rude, swearing in Greek when my daughter asked for towels
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I highly don’t recommend this hotel if you are flying in from far away, my flight landed at 4:30 am after flying for 22 hours. I had previously told them since my flight comes in so early I’d pay whatever it took to get a room but instead me and my 3 kids were stuck outside till 1 pm when our room was ready! They told us they had nothing open but they have showers and bathrooms for us to freshen up. I came to learning later there were open rooms. The worker that night who was working at the hotel across from this one (Anasia hotel) told us we could sit inside till ours opens ( get this they are both owned by the same person, his family) he acted like he had no idea what we were talking about when we told him we had emailed the hotel and they said we could shower and freshen up. He also preceded to tell us we weren’t aloud to talk because we’d be disturbing his guests, when in reality WE WERE guests there too!! Once we got our room, the old lady “Maria” is so rude, my son asked her for an iron she started to be rude to him and swear at him in Greek thinking we wouldn’t understand! I suggest if you are trying to find a hotel, you are better off paying a little more for better service! I wish I did!

Fabulous, we will be returning
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower curtain, would have preferred a shower screen

The property was very pretty, very Greek. Maria, her family and staff were so friendly and very helpful. Everywhere was really clean. The location was perfect.

Beautiful and very convinient place.
    • Studio

Not enough time to spend on this beautiful facilities. What a waste. I can spend two full days if I have enough time and probably want more.

Since probably there is not so much guest in the hotel, my room is upgraded to a newer hotel Anassa (same owner). Immediately after check-in, the host give a guideline on which places to visit, the route in order and what can be expected, how to access the place and how much would it cost. The room and hotel facilities is way above my expectation! The room can probably fit a family of 4. The swimming pool area has a lot of table. The beach is 80 meters away or probably less. A lot of restaurants and supermarket near the area. The bus stop is 50 meters away.

Superb

Nothing. Every thing was great

Great location, 2 minutes walk from the beach, bus station, supermarket and good restaurants. The rooms are rather large and clean. Kitchen facilities. The staff is super nice and helpful.

Very friendly staff, who were very welcoming and gave lots...

Nothing, it was lovely!

Very friendly staff, who were very welcoming and gave lots of recommendations about best restaurants etc. The apartment was great, with everything you need and a huge private balcony. The location is perfect for strolling to the beach and bars and restaurant, and yet quite and silent at night. The pool is gorgeous and they let me use it all day after check out, which was great! There are lots of books to borrow, so you can just pick up your holiday read there!

The reception stuff is absolutely wonderful, very nice and...
    • Studio

The shower in studio is a disaster, very old and small, with shower curtain leaks so the water is all over the floor after you take a shower. The toilet was leaking. Very overpriced hotel, not good value for money.

The reception stuff is absolutely wonderful, very nice and helpful. The location is good, very close to the beach but quiet place.

Would stay here again!!! Loved it.
    • Studio

The pool area was good but some plastic tables would have been great. Tin opener and toaster in room. The pool loungers would benefit from a cushion - I little hard on the back.

Friendly atmosphere and great apartments with balcony. Self catering was good - take a tin opener and the room would have been better with a toaster as we didn't opt for breakfast. Staff are super friendly and pool menu is reasonabl and speedy service. A short walk from beach and restaurants / close enough to walk to it within 2 minutes and also feel very secluded. I preferred being here than on the actual strip like some of the other places we looked at. Towels are given daily and room cleaned daily. The sun lounger are hard but the helpful man brought me a cushion to sit on. I would stay here again without a doubt.

Small but perfect
    • Studio

Fantastic staff - extremely friendly, welcoming and informative. Well situated just a block away from the sea front with good degree of privacy. Those accommodations along the front are nice but lack privacy. Pool area is pleasant. Breakfast in the sister hotel across the road was fine. Transfers to/from the airport where smooth.

A Home Away From Home
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast room is a little small and at peak times it can be difficult to find a table - however we always managed to work it out and there is always the option of sitting outside.

This is a really lovely hotel and by far one of the most friendly that I have ever stayed at. The staff continuously go out of their way to make you feel welcome and no request is an issue or problem. The apartments are well kept and the cleaner works very hard every single day to make them completely spotless.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Thank you to all staff who made our stay perfect!
    • Double or Twin Room

Thank you to all staff who made our stay perfect! We spent only 3 full days and we are so happy that we chose Preka Maria! Staff is very friendly, rooms are big enough and very clean! Breakfast is very delicious. Thank you again!

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Excellent location. Strong wifi
    • Studio

Location! Location! It is very near Kamari beach just 3 minz by foot and the bus station going to Fira is just corner of block. There are lots of restaurants and shopping shop. I would be stay again.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

My best hotel in Greece Islands
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It is not on the beachfront, 3 minutes walking.

During this summer, I’ve enjoyed some Greece islands, spending some nights in several hotels, and without any doubt this is the best hotel. Rooms and bathroom are new, big and spacious. The hotel has a swimming The hotel is located in Kamari, at 3 minutes walking to the beachfront. In my opinion, Kamari is a good place to have the hotel. In any other place you will pay a lot for less. Regarding the breakfast, you will have a lot of choices, including typical Greek sweet and salty specialties. Also it was my best breakfast in Greece. If I go to Santorini again, for sure, I will repeat this hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Great for the beach
    • Studio

the kitchen items and stove were dated BUT everything we needed to cook was there.

The Air Con, balcony, location to the beach. Very friendly staff. Peaceful - no noise from other rooms or outside

Hard bed

Hard bed

Great location for beach, bars and restaurants.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Great location for beach, bars and restaurants. Fantastic staff, very friendly and helpful. Pool area never overcrowded.

Great location, helpful staff, would stay here again.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Staff, location & lovely big balcony

perfect
    • Studio

Awesome. Super friendly staff.Breakfast was delicious.Pool perfect and nice and quiet. Near everything in Kamari. will definitely be back

Great location and perfect breakfast lovely staff

Old bathroom

Great location and perfect breakfast lovely staff

Nice stay

The beds are stiff

The stuff

Toilet is not on same level as Room is.
    • Studio

Toilet is not on same level as Room is. Toilet is at least very BAD. Shower is disaster.

Awesome
    • Studio

Perfect in all aspects. Staff mr versalis and other two ladies and all other staff made us feed like home. Really very good people.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Big apartment, everything we needed was there.
    • Studio

Old style and a little weird smell.

Big apartment, everything we needed was there. Quiet and cosy. Nice stuff.

Great room and location in Kamari
    • Double or Twin Room

Very nice room, great staff. Pool and enjoyable stay

• Reviewed: 20 June 2015

The location close to beach, the size and brightness of the...

Wifi does not reach the room and is weak also in the common areas.

The location close to beach, the size and brightness of the room, the balcony, the friendliness of the staff.

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.