Reviews of Melia Athens 4 stars

Chalkokondyli 14 & 28th October, Athens, 106 77, Greece

#92 of 295 hotels in Athens

Based on 1997 hotel reviews

• Supreme Room (3 Adults)

The room was beautiful. Super clean and modern which we loved. The bathroom was also really nice. Make sure you visit the pool as well which is lovely on a sunny day. The hotel is walking distance from the Parthenon and surrounded by little restaurants and cafes for food.

• Supreme Room

The hotel was beautiful! I cannot commend the staff enough they were so helpful friendly and polite! Lifeguard on duty at the pool which was comforting. He was very switched on and quick, never took his eyes off my son around the pool!

• Melia Double or Twin Room

The Acropolis is much further away than the pictures portray, but still clearly visible and a nice view. The rooftop has very strict times for the pool, restaurant, bar etc.

Lovely hotel and the staff were very friendly. Gave us a special treat when they heard it was one of our birthdays which was over and above what they needed to do and very much appreciated!

• Melia Double or Twin Room

The pillows were like rocks and the air conditioning was right in front of the bed. So it was a choice of either freezing to death or dying from lack of oxygen. Thank God the windows are not sealed and we could open one.

Really liked the location and the breakfast. Staff was friendly. It's a pity I didn't have time to enjoy the spa area. However the sunset and nighttime view from the roof is exceptional, you can see the whole city from the spot. Also perfect location for sightseeing.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

Location is ok - my Greek friends said “not the greatest area so just head south”, which is where we spent most of the time.

Roof top pool terrace and bar were nice to spend some time on late afternoon (however the pool closes promptly at 6.30 to allow change over into an evening bar/restaurant). Very well styled hotel, clean and comfortable, although the room itself was average. Good breakfast

• Supreme Room

The location .. a fair walk from The Central / tourist area . Surrounding area felt a little unsafe

The hotel is very comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. Facilities are complete. The rooftop sky bar is a lovely place for evening drinks or dinner . Go early and get a view of the acropolis before and after sunset👍🏻

• Supreme Room (3 Adults)

The only thing that was a let down was the pool area closed too early

The views from the pool were amazing photos don’t do it any justice. Staff very friendly and easy to talk to

I would prefer fresh Juices at the breakfast.

Clean and comfortable room, well equipped, enough space in room and bathroom, friendly staff, best view from Roof top bar and Pool to the Acropolis and City, good breakfast.

• Supreme Room

I'd thought the hotel was closer to the Plaka and Acropolis, but that was my error. It is definitely within walking distance, but it was a bit of a long haul. We ended up taking cabs due to the heat and distance. However, if you're fine with the distance, definitely worth staying here. It's a great facility.

Melia had great service. We'd had a bad experience with an airport taxi driver ripping us off, and their staff helped us with taxis for future rides to ensure it didn't happen again. The rooms are very nice, and the bathrooms are especially spacious and have a great multi-head shower. The rooftop pool, bar and steam wall are fantastic amenities. Overall, a great experience.

• Supreme Room (3 Adults)

Too few sunbeds at the poolarea. Weak wi-fi. High prices at the poolbar.

Comfortable room with 3 beds. Good aircondition.Nice poolarea. Excellent with the option to shower and prepare for departure at the RoofGarden after check-out.

• Supreme Room

The atmosphere at the hotel was very "tense", they need to chill out.

The breakfast selection was very good, lots to choose from! The bed was very comfortable.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

mattresses were too springy for our liking

the location suited our needs. front desk staff very helpful. rooms, albeit small (usual european size) were comfortable. rooftop view of Acropolis at night is stunning...

• Supreme Room

The view from the roof top lounge was the Acropolis in the distance with all else roof tops and antennas. Not there fault but the pictures indicate otherwise. The neighborhood feels like it recently underwent troubles. We did not feel unsafe at all but lots of graffiti. I also had to argue about a charge for a cup of coffee, really! No coffee available until 6:30 when breakfast is served. I am an early riser so that kind of sucked.

The hotel felt fairly new and was comfortable. The roof top bar and pool was nice at the end of the day. We found the best Greek restaurant not 3 minutes from Melia Ikiti. We spent three weeks in Greece, far and away the best we had.

• Supreme Room

Food served in rooftop bar was below average. Served cold but prices were extortionate. €58 euros for 2 meals and water. Hotel in itself is nice, good location. Pool and jacuzzi was so cold nobody went in.

• Supreme Room (3 Adults)

We came after 15.00 and the room for us was not ready , we had to wait for an hour . The street is quite noisy and you need to take high floor.

Very clean , modern hotel

• Supreme Room (3 Adults)

Terrible location. There were riots on the street. People throwing pipe bombs lighting cars and police officers on fire! Hotel management said it was “football hooligans” upset over a soccer game. The staff is rude and unwelcoming. The food was good, but the service was terrible.

It seemed clean and the food was good.

• Supreme Room

First night room was small and dark. We were waken up by washing maschines working behind the wall, but we got the room changed quickly after our complainment. Breakfast was poor with fruits and the coffee was undrinkable, although chocolate yoghurt was very tasty.

We really enjoyed the roof top bar and swimming pool. The room after switching was spacious enough. The bath tube was a great thing after a whole day of sightseeing, although it appeared not very clean when the water was out.

• Supreme Room

I had a supreme room. But my room was too small and not town facing even though we were celebrating special moment of our life. And I requested for better room.

• Supreme Room (3 Adults)

Lift shuts too quickly on your arms without warning - several guests including myself caught our arms in the doors - I have a super souvenir bruise.

Pool and jacuzzi.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

Too few sunbeds and that people occupied them for a long time without using them.

Almost everything, amazing staff, good food. Beautiful view on the foof.

• Supreme Room

The room had single beds which was disappointing and it smelt of smoke. There was an ashtray and matches in the room but we had wanted a non smoking room.

The roof top area was excellent. Great views.

• Supreme Room

90 minuten to go from swimming pool possibility to meal concept is simply too long and is not comfortable for the client ...needs urgent reviewing CEO if Melia Athens wants to claim "luxury hotel"

• Supreme Room

To be super, super picky...there's no tea/coffee facilities in the room - but there's a cafe in the hotel and room service is only a phone call away!

Great location in the centre of Athens; short walk to train stations etc. No problems checking in or out, the hotel staff were excellent. Roof top bar was lovely, a range of drinks available; we celebrated our engagement with a cocktail (or two!) and they were great :)

• Melia Double or Twin Room

excellent hotel in every respect. Location is probably a 15 minute walk to centre and that area and the area to the east felt very friendly. the area to north/west is a little run down with very few nice cafes or bars but the general area did not feel unsafe at night as some other reviewers seem to think. Pool was open during our stay which was excellent and the hotel should probably consider extending the opening season for the pool as that is the main source of complaints from other customers

• Executive Suite

Shower area in Junior Suite need new silicone -old one looks dirty. Only on arrival we got face clothes others days none. Welcome card left by head housekeeper was not the cleanest one-lots of greasy fingerprints Never got on time minibar therefore it happens cups were missing, no teabags. You have to always ask mostly after 8pm when we got back Not sure if there is any housekeeping checking as we found in the sink long red/ginger hairs even when checked in bathroom floor was cover with hair. Minimum selection of food -top roof

Well,very comfortable bed Beautiful fresh fragrance inside the property Lady at check in -very professional Public area very clean

• Melia Double or Twin Room

The staff were friendly and helpful ,the hotel is modern and clean and centrally situated south of the National Archeological Museum. Staff will arrange short and long distance excursions with hotel pick.up and drop off. We ate locally at Greek restaurants but the more expensive district of Kolonaki is only a 6 euro taxi ride. We paid 38 and 43 euros taxi transfer from and to the airport.

• Supreme Room

!! I did not opted for the breakfast included option- Just to make it clear I never communicated my needs to the hotel- Just to be fair with the hotel and service. I am sure if I asked, they could accommodate it for me. We only went to the breakfast restaurant to get a couple of coffees, and we were served very nicely; the lady accommodated to my caffeine free request. It was great service and fast. Because I have food intolerances, I find very difficult to have breakfast at the places I stay. I normally don't opt for the breakfast included option. So, just as a suggestion, the breakfast area can include aside a place where to find gluten free bread and bakery, or a gluten free menu. Also a plant based milks. I have to say, the food served for breakfast looked amazing, with lots of options such as fresh fruits, juices, cereals, honeys, hot food, breads and bakery.... etc At the same time, I missed having a coffee, tea or kettle area available 24h for the hosts. I would have love it too, as I normally have to buy my own milk and tea, and having hot water makes it more enjoyable. I never asked at the reception for it but I assumed it was not available. I also was a bit confused with the cleaning of our bedroom. Everything was very professional but the glasses we used were never replaced for clean ones, and the mini bar was never refill, (we were told it gets refill in the mornings tho) there was no tooth paste or tooth brush available, but we were getting our soap changed every day when there was no need for it. The towels were a bit small, even I am small size. They were changed every day even we did not asked for. It was not needed, so we could help saving water and energy,trying to help with the environment. Once at the Sky lounge rooftop dinning bar, we had to wait more than 1h to get a juice, a prosecco glass and chips.

I liked the building and the area in general. It was very easy to find the hotel, easy access to taxis, bus, trains etc.. having very close to us different squares and main attractions. We booked a taxi to get from the airport to the hotel, as our flight landed at 22:30pm. The gentleman waiting for us was very nice and welcoming. Easy to communicate as he had a great English. We had a nice trip to the hotel. He was very talkative and polite. We recommended! The hotel was very clean, all the areas well kept and easy to move around. The staff were nice, kind and helpful, making the communication very easy. I like the fact having 24h reception makes you feel very safe I like the room was comfortable and with lots of space to keep our bags and clothes. I like the bathroom was big enough, clean and practical, with a nice big shower and a bath.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

We did not have any view except of an interior industrial well. We couldn't see the sky. The service in the Sky Lounge was abysmal. The break fast was very expensive.

Good location. The chamber maid was good.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

The area was a little sketchy, don’t go out at night unless you’re in a group. The rooftop bar and pool was closed the whole time we were there, even though we were told it would be open.

The facility was nice. The staff was friendly. Although the rooftop pool and bar was closed the whole time we were there, on our last night they opened it up so we could take pictures of Acropolis at night and get a look at the view.

• Supreme Room

I was disappointed we didn't have a kettle too make tea/coffee in our room

Breakfast was excellent with a wide range of hot and cold options. I am Gluten Free and they were able to accommodate with supplying bread each morning. Greatly appreciated. We were upgraded to a superior room but no view but lovely large room with spa bath. Short walk to public transport.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

Too far from everything, in a very sketchy area. We didn’t feel safe walking the neighborhood. Beds very uncomfortable. Breakfast was 19 euro per person.

Nice view of Acropolis from rooftop restaurant.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

Could have a kettle and tea in the room. As we were upgraded we had a coffee machine. But we are tea drinkers

We were upgraded as the hotel was full and since we were travelling to the islands and coming back they agreed to keep our extra luggage for us.great location

• Supreme Room (3 Adults)

We had to change rooms because the triple room they gave us was tiny and the shower didn't work but they upgraded us to a lovely bigger suite. Although my sister still had to sleep on a mattress on the floor because the sofa bed was so uncomfortable!

• Supreme Room

Services seem limited. Pool open limited hours, cafe open limited hours. Gym is very small and not well equipped. These were the main draw for me so felt disappointed that I couldn’t enjoy them

Rooms were really clean and modern, and the whole hotel is immaculate and well presented. Strong shower, good facilities in the room! Short 4-5min walk the the metro

• Melia Double or Twin Room

All the staff was amazing - very friendly and helpful. Especially the Reception staff couldn't do more for us. Location is very nice and it takes only 30 minutes walking to the Acropolis. It's super easy to get there.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

The view in the inner rooms is to the building's inner wall and the neighbourhood is'nt great. It's not too far from the center but in the evenings/nights can be a bit unpleasant.

Very nice staff, clean rooms and rich breakfast. Pool and view from the roof is awesome.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

Photos emphasised the outdoor pool and restaurant on the roof. It said it was open seasonally from spring. I consider April to be spring but enquired to be sure. They only replied to say it was closed once it was past the time to cancel the booking without charge. It was one of the reasons I chose this hotel so I was very disappointed that we couldn’t even access the roof to see the view.

Generally very friendly staff. A clean and well presented hotel with a great breakfast buffet. Great location to easily access Athens on the tube. I was traveling with my 9 year old son and we felt safe and enjoyed the whole visit.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

The roof top bar was closed. It was never mentioned that it is only a seasonal facility. The room view was terrible! The window was looking into a dark inside place. Absolutely no daylight!!!

The staff and the location was really good. The room was clean

I was disappointed the pool was closed and the rooftop access closed. The bathroom isn’t too friendly with the tub and shower combo. No Ac but the room is cold if you open the window but was very noisy from street traffic. I requested a quiet room. I got a supreme room for my kids and got upgraded to a supreme double but it didn’t feel any bigger. Front staff not too friendly or helpful and very slow checking in and out. Front staff forgot to give us the second room key and we had to go down to get it. Towels were hard and thin, did not expect. Breakfast was not included and you can go across the street to Fresca Cantina and have a great cafe and fresh juice very affordably. There are plenty of hotels that included breakfast for the rates I paid. Nothing special. I didn’t feel appreciated.

Close to shopping and restaurants. 30 mins walk to the Acropolis. There are some nice shopping areas and restaurants. Neighborhood seemed run down graffiti everywhere. Room was clean but a little tight.

• Supreme Room

Very hot in the room (possibly due to top floor) - air conditioning seems to be central and not adjustable in the room. Overpricing in local bar/restaurant. Terrace restaurant and pool closed. Promised to open next month.

good breakfast choice and table service. simple and clear check-in. silence. marble.

High price is commanded due to location, website and booking confirmation is misleading, since no value added services in hotel were open (sky bar etc - huge expectation management issue), traffic noise even at night is unbearable. Airco's were not functioning optimally (other guests were also complaining at reception). All in all, dissatisfied since price per room per night is in imbalance with facilities provided.

Restaurant on ground floor has good friendly staff, food choices are limited but quality was good.

• Supreme Room

Tell the truth and stop the hard up sell on arrival.

I choose the Melia Athens hotel because we had stayed in Melia Hotels before in France and various in Spain. The experience had always be good. Unfortunately this did not happen with Melia Athens. As soon as we arrived we got the upgrade hard sell. Which was completely miss sold and frankly we were left feeling or the entire visit that we had been misinformed and tricked. The website all hangs around the image of the roof top pool and so the children were very excited about the pool with Dad enjoying the roof top view. When we arrived it was closed and when we asked at reception we got a response of "it is closed and this is clearly communicated on the website". This is completely wrong. No apology was offered. Simply that it's. The other main reason we choose this hotel was to visit the historical sites. The hotel is no where need the historical sites. It is near the national archaeological museum which is great. But otherwise it is not near anything. The area around it is rough. With open drug use on the streets, you need to be careful which street you walk down. On some streets there is little or no street lightening. If you do decide to walk and choose the one safe and well lit street, this is the one near the university and library, it is about 20-25 minutes to Syntagma square. However the website states "This contemporary hotel in Greece is located near ... the the Greek Parliament, .... the Acropolis and Lycabettus Hill" this is simply not true. Furthermore the website states "Amongst its services and facilities, this hotel in Athens provides ... outdoor swimming pool on the rooftop with stunning views of the Acropolis" this is simply not true. Finally the website states "This hotel in Athens is perfect for tourists from all over the world that want to immerse themselves in the ancient Greek culture and admire the beautiful temples and buildings".

• Supreme Room

When I booked this hotel, I was searching for a hotel that could accommodate three people to a room. When I got to my room, I was disappointed in what I was. I was expecting to see a room that could comfortably fit a group of three. What I saw was two twin beds pushed together to make room for a roll out bed. To put the roll out bed in there the desk chair and the night stand had to be pushed into a corner. I guess my expectations were too high. Another thing was that the thermostat in the room was either broke or the room was naturally hot. To get the room cooled off, I had to open up a window which faced the street. During the day this was okay, but at night with all the horns honking, sirens going off and cars speeding through it would keep you up ALL NIGHT LONG!

I liked the lobby, the on sight restaurant (good food), and the elevators. The hotel was very clean upon my arrival, and it never wavered while I was there. Great location. A lot of the things we did and saw were within walking distance.

• Supreme Room (3 Adults)

We had a room on the front the first night. A lot of road noise. Luckily we could move to the back. The rooftop bar wasn't open, we selected the hotel for that. No problem if it open later in the year but then BOOKING should make that clear. Also, the reservation said 3 people. No clue where that came from. We probably paid to much for no reason. With BOOKING, you always need to watch out before you finalize a reservation.

The staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet was ok.

• Supreme Room

Better explanation of the fresh air system in the bedrooms. We were disappointed to find no air conditioning available till the following week - but it wasn't made clear to us that there was a fresh air system anyway. So we sweltered unnecessarily!

The beauty of the interior design in the bedrooms and hallways - not only the softly glowing colours of the panelling, but the exceptionally effective but subtle lighting. Staff were charming and efficient.

• Supreme Room

The staff was making several mistakes in the booking and in the debit of my credit card. The roof was under construction not option to use it. Restaurant not open only bar. Really under a normal hotel standard.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

Nothing. Maybe towels can be a little bit newer, but they were ok, no compaint.

Absolutely excellent, very professional service everywhere: reception, restaurant. Started with an immediate response from the hotel on my request and efforts to meet it. Very positive, professional attitude to make a client happy and to pass his or her expectations! Rooms are excellent, the bathrooms are very nice too.

• Supreme Room

Breakfast was not relative to the high price of it. The food in Greece is not expensive I think this kind of breakfast which serve hotel should cost 10 Euro, not 19 Euro.

Everything was nice. Just from my thinking, the quality of breakfast was not relative to price. 19 Euro for this simple breakfast is just too much.

• Supreme Room

Wifi !!! very important for a 4 * hotel; many disturbs with Wifi; a technicien must came in my room, and he works 15 minutes behind the television; so I had WiFi; and this after 3 days the same disturb; all 3 days you must give your room N° and your name to have free WiFi; This was a disturb for me. Also after this problem the T.V. had problems too. Last year Melia had not this problems!

Lit très bien, comfortable

• Supreme Room

The rooftop terrace is closed during winter, so there is no chance to get the view on Acropolis or swim in the pool from November till April. The view from room windows is horrible. The carpet in the room is very dirty: spilled some juice on it and tried to wipe it off with soapy rag - the rag became all black. Despite the 4 stars hotel rating and supreme room category they still don't mind charging you extra 3 euros for plain water, though it's not even in the minibar price list.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

Asked for a quiet room, was given a room next to the elevator, this was also and upgraded room that cost twice the original room price. Would stay elsewhere next time.

Breakfast was good, expensive as there are many places to eat nearby

• Supreme Room

Only one shower at the sauna and steam room which can be crowded in summer but at this time of the year it’s good.

Very good value for money and good location

• Supreme Room

Location was not so exciting and rooftop bar was closed for winter. I did not think about it but I was looking forward to it so little disappointment.

Room was great and comfortable. Everything was perfect.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

I travel a lot with work in the tourism industry and I was disappointed with the quality of the Melia Hotel for the price. The location isn't the greatest and the breakfast area felt very rushed, busy and food quality was a bit underwhelming ( I would recommend the beautiful Veneti food hall at Omonia Metro station instead). The first room I was allocated was directly on the loud street side and the staff were very happy to swap rooms for me. However the second room was twin beds, which of course was not as comfortable (but I did accept it), but as it was the on the rear side of the building, there was no natural light and it was pretty dark and cold. Staff on reception were very friendly. Overall quality for a more luxury, business hotel standard was poor and not worth the price. I would not choose to stay here again.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

They had turned off the air conditioning because it was November and the fan they gave us was not very good. The bathroom flooded every time we had a shower because the drain was not working properly. It was annoying that at night you couldn’t turn on the bathroom light because they had glass going into the main bedroom so the light would effectively shine straight onto the bed and would wake my partner up. The staff in the brekfast room were rude, when we wanted to sit at a booth table, that has a view, they would say you are only two this is for 4 people yet so many other couples were perfectly able to sit there. The view,which is advertised and one of the main reasons we booked he hotel, is only accessible on the roof and that is shut from October. This was not clear from the advertising and really irritating that they wouldn’t even allow us up there to take pictures. Plus it was over 20 degrees so we would have loved the opportunity to sit up on the roof (even if the pool and bar were closed for the season!) but again reception simply looked at us and said no with no offer to even escort us up there or anything. Lastly the area is quite run down.

The room and hotel were kept very clean, checking and check out were very efficient and the breakfast was varied

• Melia Double or Twin Room

Location is in a somewhat rundown area. 25 minutes walking to Syntagma Square, 5 minutes to nearest metro station.

Room was exzellent, food in the coffee shop as well.

Hairdryer didnt work in my room My brothers shower didnt work properly in his room The breakfast is too expensive at €20 per person per day..we ate elsewhere..Monasteraki is only one tube stop away..best places to eat..€a 5 day ticket is best value even if you dont use trams at all.. taxis also cgeap enough

• Executive Suite

I asked for non allergenic piloows which turned out to be lumpy and uncomfortable.

We stayed in a suite andit was spacious and equipped with a jacuzzi. The rooftop views and pool were great as you could see the Acropolis from there. It was a five minute walk to the metro and within 15 minutes by a very direct route to the popular areas including Plaka and Monastiraki, Agora, etc.

• Supreme Room (3 Adults)

It is high end and though the rooms were very nice, we wanted a triple, and the room was fine but not big enough for 3.

It was a very nice, clean and comfortable hotel.

• Supreme Room (3 Adults)

The staff was too serious, showing a smile from time to time would be a nice to have. The surrounding areas gave me the impression of not being safe, asked for more about this and was told that it was better to be careful, specially at night.

Facilities, comfort and room service was very good. Staff was kind and helpful with all questions and requirements.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

Decor a seems a bit dated compared to rest of hotel. Drinks were a little pricier than most other places.

Good location, close to Omonia metro station. Excellent breakfast was included with my reservation. Enjoyed the rooftop pool/bar for a drink at sunset with a view of the Acropolis before dinner.

• Supreme Room

A bit slow at reception, we waited quite long. Somehow not very automated check-in. The area of Athens is not the nicest - the very well-kept Hotel stands out.

Friendly staff, very helpful. Excellent breakfast, very fresh products. Nice croissants, yoghurt, fruit...

• Supreme Room

Pool or jacuzzi was freezing cold needs to be heated to make the stay perfect other guests felt the same

Roof top pool area was great, great service, very helpful staff

• Supreme Room (3 Adults)

I was a bit surprised that there were no coffee/tea facilities in the room, nor an ironing board. We had to go to the local supermarket for coffee, sugar and milk and we just had to make do without an ironing board, but annoying. Also, the pool area is not very kid-friendly, so I wouldn’t recommend this hotel for families necessarily.

The staff and the rooms were overall fantastic (but the pool staff could do with some hospitality training!?!); however, the room we had was quite small once the cot was in it. But, the hotel did not charge for the cot, which was a refreshing change. The buffet breakfast was tasty and reasonably priced.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

Could not enjoy the rooftop pool because we didnt had time....

Clean posh hotel close proximity to restaurants and historical sites.Liked the swimming pool but unfortunately we could not enjoy due to lack of time but enjoyed the beautiful view from the roof top to Acropollis!!!

• Melia Double or Twin Room

Very unpleasant staff (except for the girls at breakfast who are very nice) but the staff at the front desk is despikable. They don't say hello, don't smile, and if you have a problem they never solve it. The wifi doesn't work, they don't even give you a bottle of water, you have to pay for the small bottles that are in the room. The view from the room (superior romm) was hideous on the building in front.

Clean and spacious room, nice breakfast, not too far from Athens main attractions. Beautiful view from the roof top pool

• Melia Double or Twin Room

There should be a heated swimming pool in October and you would get many more customers at your hotel. The location was a poor unsafe area .

Music in the elevator. The Jacuzzi it he washroom best feature! Service was great!

• Melia Double or Twin Room

The hot tub on the roof was freezing so couldn't get in it

The bathroom was great with the jacuzzi bath. And the evening staff on reception were really friendly and helpful.

• The Level Experience Room

Everything is cool! The hotel is an inspiration.

The hotel is beautiful clean and stylish. People here are friendly, hospitable, they are always ready to help. More than that u feel there like at home. Worth staying. Guess the best hotel in Greece. The night view on the Acropolis is fantastic.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

No natural light in room at all. Pool area upstairs crowded. Misunderstandings with reception staff about bookings because of lack of English

Room size was good and bed comfortable. Area around the property looks terrible but was told by a taxi driver that its all safe just watch pick pockets. If walking alone at night to just stay in the lighted streets.

• Supreme Room

Breakfast wasn't as impressive as the splendour of the hotel suggested it would be. Room would have been rather expensive if not upgraded.

Reception staff were excellent. Free upgrade to executive room was very welcome, but not to be relied on. Rooftop pool and bar (plus views) were good.

• Supreme Room

The rooftop pool and restaurant were amazing. We only stayed a few days but the central location, friendliness of the staff and the facilities made this a really enjoyable stay. We would definitely stay here again.

• Supreme Room

Coffee was poor. WiFi was weak and not reliable in all areas of hotel.

Comfortable rooms with good hotel facilities. Breakfast selection was good too with a nice greek cheese pie, but the coffee was very average for Greece. Nice small rooftop area with bar, but rather cramped for using the pool. Nice area for fitness centre.

• Melia Double or Twin Room

Area is not great. Did not feel comfortable in the neighbourhood after dark. Shower door did not seal properly. Lobby is small and crowded. Would only recommend if it is a one night stopover and you are taking a taxi to and from the hotel to other areas of Athens at night.

Good water pressure, hot shower, comfortable beds.

• Supreme Room

Carpet inside the room could stand to be professionally cleaned or changed to hard flooring. Location - The Cons I think it's just all of downtown Athens, but the graffiti and garbage all over the city was a major turnoff. Made it feel a little unsafe.

Fantastic staff with great suggestions on where to eat and explore. They also made all of our travel arrangements which was very convenient. Hotel lobby smelled amazing and was very clean and inviting. Rooftop bar and pool were nice. Smaller than the online pictures alluded to, though. Good room size, bathroom as well. Location - The Pros In the downtown area with access to lots of local shops and restaurants. We found some great alleyways with fantastic authentic food that won't ever be forgotten. Amazing coffee and pastry shop, gyros, etc. We found it to be a central location for exploring on foot. Also not too far from the touristy things.