Reviews of Saint George's Hotel 3 stars

Nea Stira, Nea Stira, 34015, Greece

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Perfect place for pleasant holidays
    • Studio Apartment with Sea View

The pool opens a bit late for me, at 10 AM I think. I couldn't had some early morning swim.

Clean room. Delicious food. Spectacular balcony view. Friendly hosts.

The best value for money.
    • Studio Apartment with Sea View

Although the TV had a decent size(28'' I believe) the room is quite big so it falls short on size. I had a hard time reading the subtitles of the movies in my HDD.

The best value for money. As beautiful as it looks in the photos, if not better.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Expensive for this kind of room rate
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

The room needed renovation especially windows, tv set and balcony chairs, old fashion design especially for rooms. For a room at 120 euro per night I expected better amenities. Additionally we were not informed of a musical event during our stay and as such we could not sleep until after 1h30 in the night.

View was nice, there was a parking lot inside, break was ok (except the omelette that was overcooked).

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Nice & quiet - feels like home
    • Studio Apartment with Sea View

To me there are no drawbacks - I got exactly what my family needed

Feels like home, the whole place is nice, quiet & cozy. George and Theodora are managing the hotel with excellence. They are very friendly, always ready to give any help you need, they do care about their guests - just like all the stuff St George hotel. They helped us with transportation all along & supported our special requests (for example Theodora gave me a blender so that I could adapt the food for my kid, helped us with some shopping). Breakfast was excellent, including national Greek meals & fresh fruit. The rooms we stayed in were very comfortable & cozy with all the necessary facilities. We enjoyed a great vacation at St George beside a nice & clean pool with comfortable sunbeds & at the beach. What was a great advantage for my family is that there was no crowd at the beach / by the pool even at high season and my kid felt at ease there and enjoyed bathing and playing with the sand without being disturbed or frightened. I would highly recommend the place for a good quiet vacation by the sea. I am very grateful to George & Theodora for making our vacation absolutely perfect!

This hotel was absolutely amazing!
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

This hotel was absolutely amazing! We accidentally travelled to the wrong side of the island and had to stay in another hotel. We called to Saint George's hotel and told them about our problem and the personal were understanding and let us change the dates. We arrived there in the next morning and they welcomed us warmly. They even upgraded our room. We were the only guests at that time and it was super quiet, clean and nice there. Also, they asked about our food preferences and made us tasty and fulfilling breakfast earlier than they had planned, because we had a ferry to catch. I am so thankful for this kind of hospitality!

The owners were very friendly and helpful, the room was...
    • Studio Apartment with Sea View

The website should mention that the pool is not functional between September and May - we were a bit disappointed since the weather was still very summery. Ditto for other facilities which are not available off season.

The owners were very friendly and helpful, the room was spacious and comfortable and it is family friendly. Walking distance to seaside, and possible to walk into the town.

Hotel with big room and nice swimmingpool.
    • Studio Apartment with Sea View

We didn't like how they clean the rooms. And in the kitchen there were nearly no utilities.

Theodora was an excellent person, explained us where to go, gave us maps etc. The breakfast is very good. The room was big and confortable. A very nice swimmingpool.

Living like a King!
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

The swimming pool area add immense value to this place despite having great beaches nearby. Relax at the pool with a good glass of ouzo and some local snacks.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Very nice hotel in a quiet village
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

The owners of the hotel are very friendly people. They were glad to help us with all of our questions, recommended the good places for a visit. Rooms were clean, and with the sea view, which was really nice.

You should do more St. George's
    • Studio Apartment with Sea View

It takes more than smiling faces to run a successful hotel. The room was disappointingly dirty Outside the room entrance was bird droppings that nobody cared to clean There was no room service on the second day having to make the bed myself. Breakfast was poor

Friendly and attentive staff. Good location with a nice view.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Fantastic hidden gem; amazing hotel managers!
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

The hotel managers, Theodora & George, are excellent hosts! I travelled solo (for the first time in my life!) but with their welcome, friendliness and hospitality, I felt very safe and well looked after. The room was a great size, complete with a kitchenette. I only stayed at the hotel for four nights but would have loved to stay for longer. Definitely would go back!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

fantastic relaxing place,wonderful owners and rooms, the poll and rooms lovely also cuisine. 10/10
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

fantastic relaxing place. wonderful owners and rooms, the poll and rooms lovely also cuisine. kids loved playground 10 out of 10!

Outer hotel space, parking, location
    • Studio Apartment with Sea View

Old room equipment & furniture, poor decoration, semi-used toilet paper, almost empty kitchen soap

Outer hotel space, parking, location

Very nice place to spend your seaside holiday
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Although wireless coverage was good all over the premises, the Internet access speed was unbelievably slow.

Large and clean room. Very nice staff

Great staff, great for children.

Shower, breakfast.

Great staff, great for children. Easy to get to all the surroundings

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Staff were brilliantly helpful.
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Staff were brilliantly helpful. They went the extra mile to help us.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

Comfortable room with sea view and adaptable awning so that...

Part of the walk-way to sea was in form of soil, not being plastered by plates or asphalt. No shops within walking distance available, but this deficiency was compensated by the fact that the hotel owner could provide some sorts of food throughout the day. Car is recommended.

Comfortable room with sea view and adaptable awning so that we could enjoy the balkony any time. Excellent breakfast with home made quality products and an extremely friendly and helpful landlady and assisting staff. The sea-water in the 200 meter distant beach was crystal clear and calm even in windy days due to the beach's geographical location. Nea Styra, 3 km away has restaurants and taverns where tasty greek food is served and even quality fish could be ordered at a very reasonable price compared to other places in Greece and to other Europeam Mediteranean countries. The hotel offers a charming swimming pool landscape even though our personal preference is sea water. We will definitely re-visit St George.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

I chose this hotel because of good reviews and these reviews...

It's a bit far from a town. You can't go there by foot, only by car. But if you have a car the location is excellent and you can drive all around the island.

I chose this hotel because of good reviews and these reviews are all true. We (me, my husband and 3 y.o. son) spent 2 weeks in this beautiful place that is quiet, calm and comfortable like home. Many thanks to the owners and all staff, who are always glad to see you and ready to help.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2015

The owners are very nice and helpful.

The owners are very nice and helpful. The rooms are very nicely and decorated with love. The view was stunning. Theodora served an exceptional breakfast with freshly made omelets, homemade cakes, homemade jam from 4 fruits, and so on. Parking is right outside the apartment.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2015

The location of the hotel is excellent.

The location of the hotel is excellent. Close to the town and the port but the location is quiet. Nice swimming pool and good breakfast. Ms. Theodora, the owner of the hotel, was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

Excellent staff, which is very rare in this part of Greece.

Excellent staff, which is very rare in this part of Greece. Very welcoming and helpful at every step of the way. Room was spacious, with a nice view. Bathroom was simple but for this price you still get a lot of value for money. The hospitality really made the stay and we will probably go again.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

Mrs Theodora looks very well after her guests' needs.

Mrs Theodora looks very well after her guests' needs. The rooms/apartments are comfortable with a good view from their balcony. Hotel is a short drive from the ferry at Nea Styra but set in green fields outside the town. Easy parking.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

The amazing, three fruit home made marmalade.

The amazing, three fruit home made marmalade.

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Saint George's Hotel traveller photo gallery