Reviews of Santorini Kastelli Resort 5 stars

Main Street, Kamari, 84700, Greece

#25 of 50 hotels in Kamari

• Premium Superior Room

This beautiful property was a perfect location close to the beach and on the village with shops and restaurants nearby. The manager was extremely helpful providing recommendations and even transportation when we departed. If the staff always had a smile and welcomed us. I highly recommend this hotel it’s beautiful, clean.

• Classic Double Room

We loved the Kastelli and would recommend it to everyone. This hotel rates amount our top favorites. The staff was so warm and welcoming and our room was perfect. The location is excellent.

• Premium Superior Room

Our stay at Santorini Kasteli resort was amazing. The friendliest staff I've ever met at any hotel. They were always there to help and provided us with information on the island and places to visit. The view from our room was brilliant and we were able to watch the sunrise too. The hotel had several pools and the layout was good. Overall, we had a great stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Premium Superior Room

The hotel could do with some soundproofing - the doors can't be closed gently, only slammed shut, including the bathroom doors. Our room was halfway down a corridor which amplified every sound of other guests leaving/entering their rooms. We found this to be a disturbance in the morning when trying to sleep. This was the only negative. If you're an early riser or heavy sleeper this shouldn't be an issue.

The hotel was more than I expected - the staff certainly provided a 5 star experience. The restaurant was lovely and we ate dinner there twice. The selection of pool areas/loungers was great and the breakfast had good variety. The beds were comfortable and we were upgraded to a jnr suite with a semi-private pool for free. The location was ideal - minutes walk from shops/beach without being noisy. We got the bus to the hotel and they provided a transfer to the airport for 15 euro total (for 2 of us with luggage).

• Classic Double Room

The best hotel I’ve ever been to. The customer service was beyond my expectations. I hadn’t been able to book any activities before arriving at the hotel. The hotel staff helped me with everything I needed. I gave them a budget and they gave me a list of reasonable priced activities I could get involved in. They booked these for me and managed to get me a discount. They were very friendly and kind. Always went the extra mile to make sure everything was perfect. I originally booked a double room but because it wasn’t a busy season i got upgraded to a junior suite with an amazing view. When I arrived at the property I was given a tour of the hotel. The breakfast was very yummy. There’s a lot to choose from, American style breakfast, desserts, fruits, cereal. The restaurant at the hotel has a lunch and dinner menu that is very reasonably priced, the restaurant staff were very professional and cater to your needs. The room was very clean, white walls with a light blue theme all over. A bottle of complimentary wine and a bowl of fruits. Room was cleaned every morning. It’s in a great location too. 2 minutes away from Kamari Beach and not far from ancient thira. There’s also a bus stop right outside the hotel.

Everything was perfect

- The semi-private swimming pool (shared with two other rooms) - Complimentary welcome basket (a bottle of white wine and fruit) - Friendly and attentive staff - Close to the beach

• Classic Double Room

The staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming. They really stood out among many of the places we stayed in during our two week stay in Greece. I would highly recommend this hotel! Comfortable bed, nicely decorated bathroom, room was spacious and mini bar was very well stocked. Everything was clean and the balcony with a view to the pool was very nice. The pool itself was beautiful - we spent several hours relaxing in the sun by the pool.

I enjoyed the resort very much. Staff was very kind and helpful. Rooms were always cleaned appropriately. Very short walk to beach which was easily accessible.

If you want a resort style property this is a great choice. Extremely clean large rooms great service very safe . If you are on a budget there are many choices to choose from but do your homework .

• Classic Double Room

Everything. 4 Swimming pools, restaurant and bar by the main pool, less than 10mins from the beach and the high street. Gym, Spa, 24 hour room service, Awesome breakfast, Evening entertainment by the pool. The whole sight was immaculate and very beautiful. The nicest staff I have ever encountered. Honestly they were great, so friendly and helpful all the time.

• Classic Double Room

Not close enough to Fira and you cannot swim at kamari beach as it is quite dangerous and has slippery rocks breakfast could have been a little better

Great service great resort nicely designed great pool areas with your own private space bus stop right outside premises great little bar area

• Classic Double Room

Restaurants. Drinks are fine, but variety and quality of food in the breakfast are very poor.. We also had lunch and dinner in the hotel, but they were not tasty at all.. (pasta was overcooked, meat was not well cooked, vise versa). You can go to the beach and find so many good restaurants, starting from traditional Greek cousin to very delicious high quality food, so afterwards we go only their. .. So that something should have been changed with food and restaurant for sure, taking in consideration competition with many restaurants 10 min walk.

You can find so many swimming pools at your desire and mood, that you will be amazed of this. When we arrived, they upgraded us to the higher class room with exit to semi-owned swimming pool (which is amazing for swimming in the early morning after you wake up). Staff is extremely helpful and hospital (all of them, starting from the receptionists to waiter and clean ladies). You don't need any maps me or google.maps: they explain and mark all places for visit at Santorini and organize you car rent, etc. The decoration of the hotel and rooms are great (in Santorini white and blue style)

• Classic Double Room

We had some noisy neighbours at the time

It was very clean property. Large and many pools to choose from if you didn't want to be at the main pool area. Rooms were a nice size and very clean.

• Classic Double Room

Nothing we didn't like about the resort. The airport was too small and the management of it next to useless.

The staff were wonderful, nothing too much trouble, the resort was very clean, the food was to die for. A special thanks to the reception staff and to Gregory (head waiter) they were fantastic. Santorini is a magical island and we will be returning as often as possible.

Internet coverage not good but from what I was told this applies all over Santorini as they still use the old telephone wires.

Well taken care of and if you want the beach just a 1 minute walk. Lots of pools so not crowded and one can find shade at different times of the day.

• Classic Double Room

The management and staff were not friendly and helpful. I checked out early due to the room was not at the standard I expected for a suite and bathroom was dirty. Also the management did not make feel welcome. I could not enjoy my vacation at this location. I felt like I was at a retirement home. Many of the facilities close early such as the spa closes at 6pm. Wifi does not work and in the rooms... sometimes work on the terrace and there are 6 different user ID on the property which you have to login separately.

I like that the location let me walk to the beach restaurants.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Classic Double Room

Everything was perfect, beautiful resort, beautiful rooms with private pool, friendly people. Close to beach, close to airport, to Fira, Oia, very good location, well organised transfer, local bus.

Not enough parasols

The staff were happy, efficient, attentive and good fun. Nothing was too much of a problem and became very much a part of our holiday. Bed was large and comfortable.

• Classic Double Room

A little loud at night from the neighbouring night club but could close the doors and it mostly shut out the noise.

Great service all around. Only there for a short time but would recommend hotel. Great value for your money as well in early June.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Classic Double Room

My only critique would be the cost of using the spa facilities. 30euros for 1 hour private use BUT 1 hour goes by very quickly when you have a jacuzzi, steam room & sauna so isn't very relaxing. I would have used the spa if the price had been reasonable for a longer time

All of the staff are so lovely and friendly, you feel like they treat you as friends. Nothing is too much trouble. The hotel has a really lovely vibe and is the perfect distance from everything without being too close also.

• Classic Double Room

The staff was very friendly and accommodating! We found a great last minute deal. We arrived early the day of our check in and they let us eat at the breakfast buffet. They were also helpful in storing our luggage after we checked out until it was time to go to the airport.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Classic Double Room

No tea making facility in room. Better choice of TV channels.

Welcome friendly feeling from beginning to the end from all the staff. Relaxed atmosphere throughout the resort. Cleanliness absolutely everywhere around the resort Sun loungers always available with choice of pools and location to suit everyone

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Everything was great!

Excellent facility, pool, and restaurant. Extremely clean and well kept. Great location close to Kamari Beach and only a short drive to the Red Beach. Incredible value for the price.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Classic Double Room

Noisy rooms, heavy light, fungus in bathroom, pillows very hard! A very disappointing hotel and please do not book this motel. Not even 3 star!

Terrible stay

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Classic Double Room

The staff at checkout was not very professional. She did not ask me how my stay was. She seemed to be doing me a favor just to check me out. Maybe she is not happy to sit at the desk all day ?? Who knows. The room I was in was very loud. I could hear people in the hallway like they were on my room. The breakfast was not as good as it could have been

The staff at check in were very nice.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Safe didn't work.

Very friendly and courteous staff, nice room layout, beautiful exterior upkeep, flowers, appearance, secluded yet very close to beach

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

The cleanliness of the room wasn't great. Rooms in blocks at bottom of stairs are noisy and I couldn't sleep until 2am one day. Complained and was offered another room however.

Staff great. The fact there was a gym was great. Location spot on.

The high prices - of everything - including very ordinary bedrooms - uncomfortable, dark bathrooms and lack of attention to small details like free bottled water in the bedroom.

The staff - all helpful, friendly and pleasant

Too many very young children - not something we expected when booking as a couple. The main pool was dominated by screaming kids which started to bother us after a few days. Fortunately there are multiple pools so we were able escape to a more secluded area.

Great staff and a nice spa set up. Multiple pools is convenient. Romantic set up with a good vibe around the hotel. The only negative of our stay were the number of children at the hotel. If travelling as a couple I wouldn't recommend this if you want to avoid kids for a more tranquil break.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Classic Double Room

Wifi did not work in our room and we had to step out to the balcony to get reception (which was also patchy)

Staff was extremely friendly Proximity to the Kamari beach Car rental pick up/drop off car service available at the hotel

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Staff says hotel is 100% booked, even when rooms are available, and it's their custom to show you to the least appealing room in your price point first, if you don't complain you stay there, if you do, they show you a better room.

Small boutique hotel, lovely grounds and pools. Pretty scenery and architecture.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

Breakfast is limited, room was small but adequate.

Staff were very accommodating, pool is beautiful, while resort has a very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Classic Double Room

Too expensive for the comfort & services. It should not be shown as 5 * property in booking. Com website . It is more or less 3.5* . Disappointed overall for value of Money we spent .

Nothing!!

• Classic Double Room

Every dsy breakfast menu same

Sincerelyti best all steps

• Classic Double Room

Buffet breakfast options could have been better

The pools side view , location and great customer service

Nothing, everything was perfect

Amazing facilities Amazing staff Great location Great breakfast

Lovely friendly staff, excellent facilities, great Food - will definetly visit again

• Classic Double Room

Very comfortable hotel. Big for Greece, but not too overwhelming.

Staff, environment and peace

could hear other rooms flushing toilet and doors opening and closing.

staff very good

Really amazing

• Classic Double Room

Overall the breakfast could have been better for a five star hotel

Lovely staff and complimentary upgrade, cheap taxis, great location

The gym being closed

Very friendly staff!!

• Executive Superior Room

All was good

Very very nice staff, helpfull and affable

No coffee machine or boiling water

Staff friendly and helpful Swimming pool and spa Clean rooms and comfortable Location of the resort

Everything was wonderful

• Classic Double Room

Wifi service was so so at best.

Great breakfast, pool and room. Very happy with stay

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Staff was excellent

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Executive Superior Room

pool water not heated

great staff, great food and facilities.

• Executive Junior Suite

Our suite was beautiful, clean and comfortable. I wanted to stay forever!

The breakfast is superb and the staff are very helpful

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Cleanliness could be better. Definitely not 5 star accommodation.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Beautiful setting, excellent staff, amazing room- couldn't have been better. Superb.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Classic Double Room

Bathroom looked tied, it is time for renovation.

Excellent location, beautiful room, friendly personnel, tasty food in hotel restaurant, free parking.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

Gym could have more equipment! The sauna and jacuzzi should be part of the facilities that is free access.

Great staff, nice hotel, great location!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Love the semi private pool

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

Breakfast isn't the most amazing buffet I've ever seen, but still delicious with good variety.

Great location, sweet staff, gorgeous hotel!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

some details like A/C, smell in bathroom, poor breakfast

Wonderfull hotel, lovely place

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

the wifi isn't good in the rooms

everybody is very nice, wants to help. So clean and quiet!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

We were impressed by the friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

While there was nothing wrong with the the staff and their service, I just felt they could have been a bit more warm.

Gr8 facilities. Next to beach. Excellent breakfast spread.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

The breakfast needs more variety of food. The egg selection was not the greatest.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They upgraded us to a room with a semi private pool!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

We only stayed one night before leaving for Ios, but it was a the perfect place to stay in Kamari. Great pool, bar and restaurant, close walk to beach. The staff was very nice and upgraded our room for our honeymoon.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2015

They don't know what Hospitality means . No correspondence ahead of our arrival only for Payment no curtesy car was offered for transportation when we asked they said 15€/Peson Applicabe we came from Port 15€/ four Person Upon our arrival They asked for upfront full Payment for Four people before checking in the room even though Preauthorisation was made When I complained Receptionist said what if you leave without Paying I was so offended At breakfast waiters would not even serve water or Juice the tell you it's self service The room below average from Comfort to Facility Auful Plumbing Smell Disfuctional ac Hairdryer works on 20 v maybe when we asked for one they said they don't have No tv Chanel's only 2 No coffee or Espresso machine in the room when I asked the Receptionist told me ;didn't you read Room Descrition when you reserved It was a complete Disappointment Resort wide without any Charm Spa Service Disaster really Unprofessional

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

Wifi was not so good in the hotel

the hotel is Beautiful and quiet. A lot of private pools the staff is very nice and take care of everything you need

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

One thing I must have overlooked is that the hotel isn't directly on the beach which isn't an issue in itself as the sea is about 3 minutes away but when you get there, you have to pay for sun loungers as they all seem to be rented out by the restaurants. It would have been great if the hotel had a few of their own loungers/cut a deal with one of the restaurants for its guests. I like to spend my time on the beach rather than by the pool so for me this was a minus, otherwise this is a great spot!

The hotel was great! The room were lovely appointed and very spacious. My room also had a balcony overlooking the pool which I used every evening. The hotel isn't big which is a plus and there are a number of buildings where the guests are put up so that you don't have too many neighbours and can enjoy the idyllic location.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

For 5 star, wifi speed and access across the resort wasn't up to standard. Also, kettle, coffee and tea in room was not provided which we wouldn't have minded except that to order room service there was a fee of €5 so having an in-room cup of tea or coffee was really not economical. This is a small thing that the resort could easily change to make it more like a 5 start experience.

Great reception staff. Our room had semi private pool which was an added bonus.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

Spent one night and had a great stay. Staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant for dinner was amazing and the rooms were simple and clean. Would highly recommend to people visiting Santorini

• Reviewed: 31 August 2015

Bathroom needs updating and not 5 star standard. Spa is nice but lacks experience. Area very commercial.

The staff are fabulous, helpful and informative . Stunning maitre D, Great chef at the hotel. Restaurants in Pyrgos fabulous . Oasis of calm in a very built up commercial area.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

The staff were extremely friendly and willing to help with anything we needed. The multiple pools were beautiful, and we enjoyed listening to the live music while eating dinner by the pool one night. The breakfast buffet was outstanding.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2015

Oia is a beautiful place to watch the sunset, but we weren't prepared for how crowded the labyrinth of narrow streets would be.

This was our second visit to Kastelli Resort, and the staff are as welcoming, friendly and service oriented as we remembered - they couldn't do enough to make our stay as special as possible. The hotel is beautiful, well set up and well run. The spa treatments are excellent. Kamari is a great place to stay with the benefit of a wide choice of restaurants and bars, a lovely beach and easy access to the rest of the island.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

The hotel was in a good location of Kamari but if I visit Santorini again, I would stay in or near Fira. It helped to have a car to explore the island. Although we were upgraded to a suite with a private terrace it was a bit annoying that you had to go up quite a few steps and there was no sea view.

Lovely complex with lots of pool areas and lounge chairs/sun beds . We had a lovely big room with a comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2015

If I had to choose something, the only Internet didn't work in our room, but let's be honest, who is there to check email. A pick up from the port would have been very nice.

A beautiful resort in a wonderful location. The staff was friendly, warm and helpful. Only issue was we did not stay long enough!!

• Reviewed: 28 June 2015

wifi was really bad, barely connected in our room

Location is good, within 5mins walk to the Kamari beach and all the bars & restaurants, room was lovely with beautiful view, complimentary wine was lovely too.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

The hotel is very close to Kamari Beach which is a wonderful part of Santorini. The hotel staff is very courteous and we got great service right from airport pickup to booking various tours with their help. The included breakfast is also great.

There are also 29 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.