Reviews of Sky Of Thira

Main Street, Firostefani, 84700, Greece

• Studio (2 Adults)

Hotel is placed next to crossroads so it's noisy sometimes

Great apartment with two bedrooms, clean and nice bathroom and we'll equipped kitchen. Beautiful view from sun terrace, not so big but clean swimming pool is an advantage as well. Really nice and symphatic family (owners). I can recommend this place.

• Studio (2 Adults)

I forgot my mobile charger and a soap for my face because I have acne and after a week when I came back to ask for my belongings they gave me only my phone charger and told me that they had thrown in garbage my soap.they had to keep them for 6 months according to the law!

Comfortable room

• Two-Bedroom Suite (4 guests)

The beds were not super comfortable however the rooms were really cute and were perfect for what we needed.

Great little hotel, staff and owner were wonderful. The pool area was really nice and breakfast was yummy.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Bed Is little bit hard.I belive that New softer mattres should be provided.Maybe for breakfast should be some menu becouse it Is uniform-every morning same (no yougurt,muesli....and similar things).Place Is situated on crossroad,and during night can be loud due to traffic....but some apartments are placed little further and probably noise there Is negligible.

It Is placed in the centre of Firostefani.Few minutes of walking from main contents of the place.Small kitchen in apartment Is plus.You can prepare small meals,make coffe,tea.Every day lady from object make cleaning.Daily clean towels provided.For price paid,it is very good.

• Studio (2 Adults)

When you are traveling to have a good time, you never imagine someone can ruin your trip. Santorini is a beautiful place and it won't make me dislike all that beautiful sunsets my eyes could watch

Unfortunately I don't have any compliments for this place. Santorini doesn't deserve the owner of this hotel living in the town. I had the worst experience of my life, I was stolen by the own owner of the Sky Of Thira. He literally got all my money from my wallet (that I left in the room after leaving for sightseeing one day) and I even needed to ask him to pay my cab to the airport (cause he took it all) after affirming and crying that someone stole my money. The owner wasn't looking to me in the eyes and denied the fact that someone did that. What I'm pretty sure he was the thief! It was around $600/$700 dollars because I had Euros and Pounds. Don't stay at this place! It's old and the bathroom smells bad!! My first sower the water didn't drain and flooded the entire room. The wifi was bad and there was an underwear from someone else who left in the balcony.

• Apartment - Split Level

The location can be noisy at times, due to traffic but this is inevitable given its location close to a road.

The staff here were extremely helpful and attentive

• Apartment - Split Level

The owner was hiding on his balcony and kept peering over the side at the guests at the pool. It was creepy. It was like he was paranoid

The room was fairly clean and the location was pretty central

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite (3 guests)

Lea one of the staff was extremely friendly and was full of suggestions and ideas and always helpful. Owner was also a great guy. Got up at 330 am and drove us to airport.

• Two-Bedroom Suite (4 guests)

They gave the room we booked to someone else and we were given a smaller room with no discount for the inconvenience caused during our stay. The owner is abrupt and wanted cash payment.

The location was good.

• Apartment - Split Level

Owner of this property is very Cheap person , we was family of 4 , he give us one restroom paper per day , nothing was inside property , not even towel , we have to go shopping same day because very hard with 4 kids, they advertise with breakfast , that was so funny , you have to come and seat around the pool , they bring you 2 toast bread with one slide chees & one slide salami , with one coffee , this guy is really cheap person , nobody taking breakfast because was trash , we had emergency , we ask to use office phone for 1 min , but owner said NO . I never have bad experience like this one. I am not recommending this property to nobody , because is not good for money, he is charging you as soon you walk in , & he pushing to give him CASH , I think because of TAX, as I said Owner of this property is So cheap , I Never see somebody like him in last 52 years, ******************************* STAY FAR FROM THIS PROPERTY ***********************************

location was not to bad , but that was to noisy , because located next to the main road with to much traffic. one of the staff , her name was Lia , she was very friendly & nice .

• Studio (2 Adults)

Whe the taxi dropped us off we went to what looked like reception. However it was locked and it took a full 15 minutes of us looking round the place before we were able to find where we picked up the keys and this was only after asking at a car rental place along the street who told us that the owner lived upstairs. This was an anxious 15 minutes as the place was deserted, pool area empty, on a busy road junction and looked to be in the middle of nowhere. This needs to be sorted out as there is no indication anywhere as to how arrivals can access any staff. We then chapped the door as indicated by the car rental place and the owner led us to his living/office space. Rental requested before room shown. I would point out that we arrive at 3 pm and not in the middle of the night ! nowhere on the booking .com or sky of third website does it mention having to "hunt out " where to pick up the keys . A short time later, what appeared to be the reception was open, with a reception desk in view through the door (Sky of thira sign over the door), but when I enquired the occupant said this was not reception and it appeared to be the living space of him and his partner. In summary if we had arrive after the car rental had closed, I doubt we would have known what to do other than chap random doors. Very low occupancy on our 2 day stay. This negative comment is a shame as the actual rooms were very acceptable. Though it has to be said the price elevated as in Santorini .

Lovely split level room, clean and spacious. Initially appears to be isolated, but once orientated it is only a 5 minute walk to firofestani with tavernas and shops. Good wifi connection.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Studio (2 Adults)

We had originally booked a different room however when we explained we weren't happy with it, we were given another room. Breakfast was the same everyday however satisfactory based on cost that was paid. Room cleaning was around 11 which could be considered a bit early.

The room was cleaned and we were provided with fresh towels on a daily basis. Location was great as it was a ten minute walk from the centre. Mr. Giorgio was cooperative and the cleaning lady Mrs. Lela really did a good job. Good value for money.

• Two-Bedroom Suite (4 guests)

The owner is not a nice person

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Apartment - Split Level

Noisy location. A hike to the action.

Friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Great pickup from the ferry and a lovely spot with a 5 minute walk to amenities

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

Bad attitude of owner, breakfast and very small room. Overpriced as it is Santorini!! I booked a double and was given a single, with no mention of why or an apology. I was to intimidated staying on my own to approach him. If you could find him. He would hide ( walk away) when I tried to approach. So I stopped bothering. Very unhappy as it was very expensive!!!

Some staff were very helpful. Being picked up and dropped off on time.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

The water in kitchen sink and shower tastes salty??!

Big room, location- 5 mins walk to see the most beautiful sunset much better than in Oia, close to restaurants, breakfast in own balcony, good value apartment, staff esp. Thomas is very nice and friendly!

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

facilities were awful. Beds very uncomfortable. Manager was rude and hard to communicate with. Kitchen utensils were way too simple. Bathroom door opens half way. Wifi reception was bad. Don't go if you can help it.

The location is good. Fairly convenient to attractions and public transportation.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2015

Nowhere to park. Only parking is on a very busy very narrow street right next to a "no parking" sign. My two bedroom was actually a loft, so no privacy (we were two couples traveling with a baby). Downstairs room had a cot...Not a pull out bed so it was in the way when we weren't sleeping. Website says they take card but they wanted cash Euro and were not happy when I wanted to pay by card.

Cheap room in a very expensive island. WiFi was amazing!

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

Little bit far away from Fira centre if you haven't a car. The room was not the same we had booked (we'd booked two bedrooms apartment, but there was one bedroom and a living room instead). The bath water was salty.

Friendly Staff, Transfer service for free and a very good apartment.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

Our room for 3 was too small. The bed was really uncomfortable. They gave me an extra mattress but still the sleep was not good.

The location. And the people working there, always willing to help

• Reviewed: 15 July 2015

There were no coat hangers in the wardrobe so we had to buy some. If you don't like to walk then the location might be a bit out of the way for some but it's not far from the restaurants and shops.

The size of the apartment, it was very roomy and it came with a terrace and breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 July 2015

Very noisy and a lot of traffic around the hotel

Clean rooms but the surroundings needs to be updated. Friendly staff and pick up and drop off at the port.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Constant noise from road from motorbikes and quads but that seems to be all of Santorini unless you are right on the caldera. There is also a big dog next door that barks at all the passerbys at night and could be heard in our room. The bed was really squeaky and saggy in the middle. Lots of bread and starches at breakfast - could have been more balanced with some protein such as an egg. Wifi dropped in and out a lot but we got what we needed to do, done.

Friendly hosts. Clean and nice place. Pick up and drop off from port/airport. Good view from room and excellent view at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

The beds need new mattresses. There was some noise on the springs when we turned. We also requested extra hangers and got them. The owner and the lady who makes the beds were very accomodating and helpful. We arrived different days and he worked it out with us. Very nice person. I felt bad cause I forgot to leave the nice lady who makes the befs a tip.

I went with a group who stayed in different hotels. Most paid more and had less space. My friend and I had separate bedrooms with a full bed each, tvs, internet, kitchen and a large outside terrace with a view! There was also a pool but we had no time to use it.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2015

Very comfortable and very well looked after by the staff.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

The location is so convenient! Everything was super clean and the staff was so helpful and nice. We even sat down for a beer. Recommended

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

Our room is like a dungeon No view its near the road

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

Owner is great

• Reviewed: 9 July 2015

Demanded cash payment after booking with CC. Rude to wife and daughter at check out.Charged to shift luggage. No laundry facilities or service

There are also 6 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.