Reviews of Villa Sonia

18 Navarhou Nearhou St., Limenas Hersonissou, Hersonissos, 70014, Greece

#16 of 162 hotels in Hersonissos

Great!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View ( 2 Adults)

Accommodation in Villa Sonia was more than pleasant. The room was very spacious, well equipped, clean and the view from the window was incredibly beautiful. We spent a lot of time on the balcony. Thanks to its location near the sea, the room was very pleasant even without having to switch on air conditioning. The accommodation is a short walk from the center of Hersonisson, but the room was quiet. Despina was great! Thank you.

So close to the beach yet nice, simple and comfortable + friendly people all around! :-)
    • Studio with Sea View

A swim in the morning in the clear warm blue sea followed by a breakfast in the shades of the balcony facing the sea and caressed by a gentle breeze and a soft ripple; kind people everywhere and interesting beautiful places within reach by public transport or why not a booked reasonably priced tour - what else would you need from vacations? At least, that was what I would hope for from my vacation. And in this place my expectations were met and exceeded! The pleasure of being so close to the beach yet staying comfortable and simple can hardly be beaten. +Excellent location - right on the beach with plenty of choices for dining just in front or in proximity, 2 mini-markets in 50m. Because this part of the beach is rather narrow, there were never crowds between the balcony and the sea :-) +The apartment is rather simple, yet well equipped, clean with very comfortable beds and air-conditioning. +The hosts are welcoming, very friendly and helpful. I received good prompt instructions on how to get to the property from the airport, when the taxis turned out to be on strike on arrival. I appreciated very much the unexpected ride to the bus station for departure, thank you very much! It was very nice of you! +The restaurant in front offers a discount and treat you like a special guest :-) offering a welcome drink the day of arrival. Honestly, people were so nice during all my stay and it contributed to making my short trip so enjoyable! Thank you!

Fantastic!
    • Studio with Sea View

Fantastic! It’s one of my favorite hotels ever, I had great see view apartment with big terrace only for 56 euro per night! Staff was very helpful and friendly!

Excellent apartment accommodation right across from...

No negatives

Excellent apartment accommodation right across from Hersonissos beach. Comfortable beds, fabulous shower, enough amenities in the kitchenette for us to do our breakfast and a simple dinner. Great cafe next door downstairs for a cooked breakfast or quick lunch and plenty of restaurants along the beach. We had a lovely one bed apartment with a balcony overlooking the beach, perfect for catching the breeze and people watching. We were greeted at the airport by Valandis who took great care of us and our luggage. Transfer to Villa Sonia was swift and we were met by the lovely Despina who checked us in and showed us the apartment. Despina was wonderful, available any time for any requests; beach towels, booking airport transfer, fabulous customer service. Communication with Sonia before our arrival was excellent. We sent many emails with many questions and she always responded very quickly, fabulous. The location of Villa Sonia is excellent, a little quieter and prettier than the rest of Hersonissos. Thank you from you Aussie friends.

I will definetely come back and stay in Villa Sonia.couldnt ask for more.lovely place and people😊
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Side Sea View

Everything was great.i can not find any faults

Lovely villa located in beautiful location. Just by the beach.amazing😊staff were so friendly and helpful.exceeded my expectation. Apartments very clean and comfortable.with fantastic view.absolutely amazing place to stay,😀👍

Wonderful relaxing holiday
    • Superior Apartment with Sea View

The appartment is beautiful..very tastefully decorated and it has fabulous views. We had a huge terrace. The whole time spent there was lovely. The staff are very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Definatly reccomend this property!

Average.
    • Studio with Side Sea View

The cleaner was pretty rude with a bad attitude. Bad enough they only clean every 2 days. On the second day she woke us up at 10am knocking even when we said no thanks and whn i asked for her to come back she said it was now or not at all. So i chose not at all. I asked on the 3rd day for thr room to be cleaned and she told me it would be done on the 4th day because i missed the 2nd. Finally she agreed with alot of pushing. Not great service really.

Average property. Not as luxurious as thr picture showed but it was ok for the money we paid. Nice but small bathroom.

11 out of 10 location!
    • Superior Apartment with Sea View

This location was incredible and we thought the value for money was exceptional. Staff were really friendly and helpful and provided local tips which were excellent. Highly recommend.

Highly recommend Villa Sonia
    • Studio with Side Sea View

Nothing. Location wise, Hersonissos is great as it's 30 min from the airport and the city of Heraklion. You do need a vehicle to tour the island as it is big. Major centres are approx. 1.5 - 2.5 hrs away so if your okay driving your good to go.

This was a wonderful hotel. The rooms were new and modern with a mini kitchenette and really nice modern bathrooms. Hotel is across the street from the beach and along a strip of restaurants. The breakfast that was included was wonderful. Car rental places are a block away. The staff are wonderful people. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel. A+ all the way for our family ( 2 teenagers).

Excellent location right on the beach.

Everything was perfect.

Excellent location right on the beach. Bedroom had a gorgeous sea view. Staff very helpful. Note: Villa Sonia is away from all the hustle and bustle of Hersonissos yet if you are in the mood for some nightlife, it's just a short walk around the corner along the bay. This makes it perfect! Beach right across the road and many good restaurants. I'm so glad I booked Villa Sonia, it was everything I wanted! Highly recommended.

Nice and comfortable apartment, near the beach.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View (3-4 Adults)

Very nice and comfortable apartment. Very helpful and friendly stuff. The property is very close to the beach. Relatively quiet. There are two good restaurants across the street (Alia and Ammos).

Highly suggest - a definite bargain!!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View (3-4 Adults)

Really there were only minor problems, but given the price, I really wasn't bothered. The wifi didn't work when we returned from dinner to just relax and watch a film the first night, which was an annoyance more to my boys. The assistant reset it the next day and it was fine. Also the air conditioner was in the living space and if it was to reach the bedroom it froze my son sleeping there, made the bedroom too hot for me. Evidently the assistant was new and neglected to tell us that the room wasn't cleaned every day and to preserve our towels, so our room was very sandy and we had to call for clean towels. It was a minor problem and quickly resolved.

The owner, her family and staff couldn't have been nicer! It was a perfect location overlooking the beach and the room suited us perfectly.

Good value for money.
    • Superior Apartment with Sea View

Apartment was clean and comfortable but quite basic. No microwave or toaster. Small electric oven which was very slow.

Lovely large balcony overlooking the sea.

Amazing sea side villa highly recommended !
    • Studio with Side Sea View

Everything was just right ! Beach is rough tho (not for children )

We stayed in villa Sonia for 9days and it was absolutely lovely !location is great it's just 35min away from Heraklion airport where you can take a bus to hersonissos bus stop no20 which costs 3euro per person (taxi is 35euro) and then walk for 10min towards the seaside or take a taxi there (7euro). From same bus stop you can also take bus to agios Nicolaos ,Stalia ,malia and ieraprtra . Upon arrival ask for a key at jewellery store Elena just right at villa Sonia doorstep. Staff is very friendly ,helpful and we felt we were taken care of . We got 1bed with sea view as our studio was under maintenance tho I do highly reccoment to go for full seaview 1bed as it's very specious. All apts are well equiped: iron ,hairdryer,ac ,dishes,cooker ,fridge (with complimentary water bottle ) and even tablets for mosqitous were provided to us as long as beach towels. Near by you can find lots of groceries , markets ,restaurants ,beach(5euro for umbrella and 2beds set) tho it's very rough there and we got burnt by smth in the sea when we stepped on a rock and it left a huge mark and pain -so be careful. Cleanliness at Villa is just 10out of 10 in case you doubt it . We highly recommend this place and all went beyond ourexpectations!

amazing view
    • Superior Apartment with Sea View

The balcony was amazing, we really enjoyed spending time there and relax. The staff was very friendly and the bathroom of the room is great. The pictures don't show it well, but it has a huge shower and is very clean ! The beds are very comfortable and the big window is a great view in the morning !

An excellent see view apartament !
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View ( 2 Adults)

An excellent apartament with a see view. It was very comfortable and spacious in a very good location. Just next to the bars,restaurants and beach. Staff was very kind and helpful- always there but not intrusive. We highly recommend Villa Sonia

Great place and great staff
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View ( 2 Adults)

Would have loved a swimming pool but this is totally understandable due to the style of property and especially as we were right on the beach.

Lovely apartment with sea view. Close to everything, restaurants, shops, mini marts and a Lidl. Mains centre with busses and taxis too

A wonderful stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View (3-4 Adults)

The apartment overlooked the sea and was very close to all amenities. The property was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Despina the lady who looks after the guests was absolutely wonderful and couldn't have done more. She even sourced a wheelchair for my elderly mother, had it delivered and returned at the end of the holiday. I thoroughly recommend this property, if you are a couple or two people going, pay a little more and book the superior apartment you will not be disappointed.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Amazing place to stay and relax as much as you can.
    • Superior Apartment with Sea View

Frying pan could be better and only one TV channel. But if the weather is that great, who needs a TV anyway!

Beautiful place, wonderfull people (especially the host - Despina <3 also Sonia and the cleaning lady, so warm hearted) But the appartments! Excellent, beautiful details, the view, balcony..ahhhhh.... I am thinking maybe this is the best place I have ever stayed. And the sound of waves right next to you. Little surprises when we came.. bed made everyday. bath robes and slippers as in spa hotels. I highly recommend this place to anyone! Thank you for everything you did for us

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Perfect except for the mattress
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View ( 2 Adults)

The mattress springs could be felt.

The balcony overlooking the beach. Great spot and thankful for the kitchen facilities and updated interior. If you're looking for jewelry, the shop just below gives a good discount for guests.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Worst experience ever!!
    • Superior Apartment with Sea View

There were insects at room. The mosquitos were full in the toilet wall and at first night they came the sleeping room and disturbed us. Breakfast isnt in facility they offer you 2 taverna you can choose one of them. Both is terrible! there is no reception to ask something only a jewellery shop at floor so you have to call the owner if you lose the key or sth else at midnight. YOU should definitely NOT to stay because they come money first instead of customer happiness and comfort. We paid more than a 5 star hotel but we couldnt have breakfast as we want we could not sleep as we want..its too prices worse than hostel! After first night we offered them to early check out because of the mosquitos which comes from the toilet....but they wanted us extra charge of pay 90euro!! so we had to stayed unwillingly!! The worst facility we have ever seen there are other hotels around you can feed yourself at breakfast definitely CLEAN and pay less. Its not even a hotel its a building.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Relaxing stay from beginning to end
    • Superior Apartment with Sea View

Sonia and her team took care of everything and made my whole experience relaxed. My flight was delayed which made my arrival very late, but my transport was waiting and took me directly to the hotel where staff were waiting to greet me warmly. The hotel is very attractive and my room was well appointed with a fantastic view. I look forward to returning again soon.

The best staff/people I
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Side Sea View

I wish I could stay longer. The people there really did make me feel like family.

The staff (Despina in particular) is by far the most helpful person I've ever had the chance of meeting. The place is very clean and kept nice. The location is great -- it's near a Lidl Supermarket and quite a few beaches/restaurants. If you're going to buy the breakfast as well, I highly recommend going to the Argo Restaurant (1 min walk from Villa Sonia). You get way more bang for the buck.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Appreciated the warm welcome.
    • Studio with Sea View

Bit of a comedown from upgraded apartment! Still OK though there could have been some soap!

The warmth of the welcome of Despina in the maternity absence of Sonia was excellent. Upgrade of apartment for 2 of the three nights was welcome and comfortable

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Good starting place (Chersonissos) for sightseeing, Agios...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Side Sea View

Hotel directly at the street side, sometimes a bit noisy. The bathroom was very, very small.

Good starting place (Chersonissos) for sightseeing, Agios Nikolaos and Iraklion are quite close.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Nice break / always a learning curve no matter how well you think you know the place .
    • Studio with Side Sea View

Meal option for me not a great success . Meal options limited / felt a bit odd handing over a piece of paper .Seperate menu from other diners / First night, manager chased after me asked me to pay ........ Again .[Restaurant 2 steps accross the road . Not able to choose my own seat .. directed to a table practically on the pavement . Ended up using facilities in the flat rather than put myself through the :meal option : Im not posh just choosy where i eat . I did pay upfront honestly .... just didnt come up to expectations . Tried once again to eat there to give them the benefit of the doubt ... paid for the full menu this time ... didnt feel encouraged to go back / Suppose i had high expectations !!!! Villa Sonia though a good place to stay .

As a solo traveller felt safe and looked after . Staff great , Particularily Verespina . Clean and near to the beach / Travel to Hersonissos 3 /4 weeks every year , love the place and the people .

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Side Sea View

It was supposed to be a villa from the name ' Villa Sofia' but it was a simple pension!. The pictures on booking.com were very nice but we were very disappointed with villa Sofia. The location is at the end of the touristic area, the room was very smelly and poor decorated. The bathroom was very old. There were horrible steps between the kitchen, toilet and bedroom area which you can fall and break your head while trying to go to toilet when you are sleepy!. We reserved a side view corner room but decided to change it with a sea view room and they gave us a sea view room with a very small balcony and stairs in the house and charged us extra 21 euros ( side view room was 49 euros and seaview disaster room was 70 euros!!) We don't advise anyone to go there

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Great one-week vacation, very helpful and hospitable staff
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View ( 2 Adults)

kitchenware (pan, knife) was not good even for simple cooking.

The staff was really hospitable and helpful. Location was good for us because we do not like to be around night life and high touristic traffic (early September). Still, everything was close by. As for swimming, we had a scooter and went to Malia beach every day, so I am not considering it in my feedback for Villa Sonia.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Dear Despina,
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View (3-4 Adults)

Dear Despina, It was you who welcomed us with a nice smile at Villa Sonia. You gave us all necessary information and space to let us settle down after our trip from the Netherlands. The small talk on the street with you and other people gave us a good look how life is in Crete. My wife is very happy for the recipe that you have written for her. Sie sagt, danke! @ costumers - Villa Sonia is settled at a very good central location at Chersonissos. The apartment is very nice with a beautiful panorama sea view! The beach at the front has it all. You can enjoy sunbathing, having breakfast, lunch or dinner with a beautiful sea view. After dinner you can chill on a lounche having a cocktail with your feet almost in the sea. Villa Sonia is not only super relaxed, it gave us the feeling like it was our second home! We will miss the romantic mornings having breakfast with an astonishing sea view. @Sonia - Despina told us that you are pregnant and therefor you couldn't welcome us. Even when we did not met, we wish you a healthy pregnancy! Thank you Despina and Sonia!

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Relax and enjoy your terrace right on the Mediterranean sea
    • Superior Apartment with Sea View

Very nice location right in front of the sea with a huge terrace and large tastily furnished and equipped room. The small living room with kitchen helped to relax and give that extra homy confort that you do not get in hotels. The manager in charge did her utmost to make our stay very comfortable. The price is reasonable especially that it was the middle of August. The room was due to be cleaned one day out of two. It was not clear which day and at what time. More communication on this would help.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Just Great !!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View (3-4 Adults)

The location as well as the people in the property .Mrs Despina for the great suggestions for places to visit in Crete and her always smilly face. We hope to see you again next year if we visit Crete again!!

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Excellent hosting
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View ( 2 Adults)

It is not the hotels fault but the beach in front of the hotel was rocky. But you can have 10 minutes of walk to swim in another beach.

The staff were amazing.. Madamme Despina was so kind and helpful to us. She offered drinks to, brought to our room. She gave many useful information to us. Plus, she helped us any moment we called her, even she cut her dinner short to come and help us. Excellent hosting.

Beautiful view from the large balcany of superior room 😍.
    • Superior Apartment with Sea View

Beautiful view from the large balcany of superior room 😍. Very friendly service and very clean. I highly recommend. Very good value for money!

Fabulouss
    • Studio with Sea View

Staff friendly and easy to deal with given I only speak english. Location was fabulous.

very nice view from balcony, sleeping with the sound of the...
    • Studio with Sea View

very nice view from balcony, sleeping with the sound of the sea is super nice

beautiful view, great location
    • Superior Apartment with Sea View

location, decor, staff, wonderful view

Lovely place to stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Side Sea View

Fab location and apartment very well maintained

Enjoyable stay, great view
    • Superior Apartment with Sea View

Very comfortable stay, in a good position and friendly staff

In summery all was very good only beach was with big stones so it is not place to enjoy swimming

My bed was not comfortable.

Very good
    • Superior Apartment with Sea View

No swimming pool on site, entry to sea perilous with rocks on entry,

Excellent location, beautiful room,

Perfect location!
    • Studio with Sea View

Perfect location!! Very nice room and balcony:)

Villa Sonia is amazing place to rest!
    • Studio with Side Sea View

Villa Sonia is amazing place to rest! We will definitely come back again!

The balcony was amazing.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View (3-4 Adults)

The beach could be better.

The apartment and the view from the balcony are great.

Great location and friendly staff
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View (3-4 Adults)

Great location right near the beach, bars and restaurants

It needs better mattresses

It needs better mattresses

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

WONDERFUL SEAVIEW

NOTHING

EVERYTHING, IN PARTICULAR THE FANTASTIC SEAVIEW, THE CLEANESS AND THE VERY KIND STAFF. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Very warm welcome, ideally located, we had a seaside view...
    • Studio with Side Sea View

We had two single beds insteadof one large bed.

Very warm welcome, ideally located, we had a seaside view room with a balcony.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Great apartment
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View ( 2 Adults)

It was very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Excellent location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View (3-4 Adults)

Great location, excellent views, helpful management.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

3 comfortable nights at Sonia

Some 25 km away frım Heraklion , Though it was good to be closer to Hagia Nicholaos ..

Very helpful team ! Big thanks !

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

We were there 5 days and we get really nice room in front of...

We were there 5 days and we get really nice room in front of the see!!So we had a nice view from the balcony :)Friend from Sonia was very nice and we get a welcome raki from her :)) Thank U very much.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

Clean and bright apartment leading out to a large balcony.

The repair work to the collapsed sea wall opposite the apartment should have been completed before the season started. However it will look splendid when it is finished.

Clean and bright apartment leading out to a large balcony. Comfy bed. Linen and towels changed regularly by a very cheerful Sara. Helpful staff onhand when we needed them.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

Nice spacious apartment, with balcony, great sea view, new...

The wooden bed doesn't feet with the rest of the room but the quality of sleep is good

Nice spacious apartment, with balcony, great sea view, new big bathroom

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

This area very peaceful place so our room window open to...

This place is very tourısty so not to be tradıtıonal. Near to restaurant and shoppıng is very expensive. (About of tourısty area) , other thing is hotel photo is different to normal aspect.

This area very peaceful place so our room window open to seaside , hotel locatıon is near to a lots of restaurant , bar and shoppıng. Hotel employee and owner sonia is very kindly.so we saw that this hotel is the best for this area.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2015

Bedroom, bathroom and balcony were excellent.

Bedroom, bathroom and balcony were excellent. Living space a little cramped but not really necessary. Very clean. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Would recommend in a heartbeat

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

The location was excellent with beautiful views from a very...

Our experience was excellent, unfortunately the mosquitoes spoilt it a little.

The location was excellent with beautiful views from a very large balcony. It was a short stroll into the main town, so the apartment was also very convenient. The apartment itself was very clean and well appointed. Sonia the host was very friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend Villa Sonia

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

It is located just in front of the beach.

The breakfast started late (9h30). The balconies of two apartments should have something to split them to ensure privacy

It is located just in front of the beach. The balcony is very nice.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

Location was superb.

Some of the showers had no edges and there was no squeegee so bathroom was flooded after shower. was surprised that there were no little packets of tea and coffee considering the well equipped kitchen (of course there was a cafe and supermarket a minute away so it wasn't a problem).

Location was superb. Staff was very accommodating and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2015

Very friendly staff, great views over the ocean, clean and...

The oven took a long time to heat up, so if your cooking for a family, its going to be a hassle

Very friendly staff, great views over the ocean, clean and everything you needcfor a self containing apartmemt

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

The beach is very close.

The aircondition is only in one room. We had one afternoon without runing water

The beach is very close. The stuff was very helpful and nice. The appartment is comfortable

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

The location is good, near beach and restaurants, in a quiet...

They wanted to give us a small room even if I have booked one bedroom apartment. They find another room for us and everithing was fine in the end.

The location is good, near beach and restaurants, in a quiet area. The room was clean, spacious and has a sea view.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2015

this is a self catering apartment.

this is a self catering apartment. I attended a conference, made a last minute booking and had no idea where I would be staying but will come back on vacation with my family next year.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

Watching the sea and hearing the waves from my room.

The internet connection did not work for some hours almost every evening.

Watching the sea and hearing the waves from my room. Clean, spacious, excellent service.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

Perfect location.

Lack of privacy on balcony

Perfect location. Rooms modern, specious and clean.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

The side ocean view with balcony :)

Nothing everything was pretty fine !

The side ocean view with balcony :)

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

The noise when somebody above your room flushes the toilet...

The noise when somebody above your room flushes the toilet or takes a shower

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

This was my second visit.

This was my second visit. Returned because the trouble they went to to make our stray enjoyable was great.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

Friendliness of the hosts, the location and closness to the...

No bad Things to say about this Place.

Friendliness of the hosts, the location and closness to the Beach. The rooms With the large terrasses.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

The seside

The seside

• Reviewed: 16 October 2015

The staff were so helpful and very friendly.

The staff were so helpful and very friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

Very nice place, clean and comfortably furnished.

Very nice place, clean and comfortably furnished. Helpful personnel. Next to the beach and very close to living streets.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

Very good and quiet location, but still very close to the...

No complains at all.

Very good and quiet location, but still very close to the party places. Well decorated and very clean room and amazing see view.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2015

lovely owner good place

lovely owner good place

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

The large terrace and the very friendly service.

The large terrace and the very friendly service.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

Perfect location, kind personal, super price.

Perfect location, kind personal, super price. Clean, comfortable and cozy

There are also 27 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.