Reviews of Xenones Filotera

Main Street, Imerovigli, 84700, Greece

#6 of 52 hotels in Imerovigli

9.8

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

The decor in the rooms is an odd mix of styles but there's certainly no issue with it. The finish could have been slightly better (drawers which didn't open, flimsy wardrobe) but these things didn't really matter. The location means needing to wait for the bus to go pretty much anywhere which is a bit of a pain (though the walk to Oia is a must) if you don't hire a car.

The staff here are super - really friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. Breakfast was delicious with different things each day and a gorgeous view from the terrace. The pool area is lovely, and the restaurant food was good - would recommend eating in. Nice toiletries and super-stylish bathrooms.

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

The access to any of the main cities is a little bit far so a transportation is needed and it is expensive, however, the advantage of being kind of isolated is what makes the hotel exclusive and if you need to rest, that is the place.

I liked the rooms, the attention from the staff, they are so nice! the pool and hot tub are amazing but mainly the view and sunset are spectacular. The breakfast is really good and the access to the hiking path is very convenient.

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

The day I was supposed to go to the airport the staff stated they would provide me with a wakeup call. I woke up late to find the staff sleeping on the outdoor bench.... I was upset as I couldnt get ready properly and the staff was super rude to me.

Greece

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

It is located in on of the highest area of Santorini. You are in between Oía and Fhira, but without the hordes of people. It’s perfect when you rent a car so you can travel all around the island and when you need privacy you go back to the hotel. The restaurant and the pool have a nice view as well and you can look at the sunset there. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful.

We loved everything

The location was very central to Fira town and Oia. The view from the pool area was amazing and the staff couldn’t have been nicer! Amazing stay!

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

Incredible views, private jacuzzis, and far enough from the bustle of Fira or Oia to be completely serene, but close enough to be a quick trip. Highly recommend!

• Honeymoon Volcano Suite with Spa Bath

Our bathroom was a little dated, but this was a small issue. It preventedan excellent holiday from being absolutely perfect.

Staff excellent: friendly and helpful. Location quiet and just out of main village.

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

After walking to Thira and around Oia, I am soooo happy I chose to stay here. I literally spent hours looking for different hotels before I settled for Xenones Filotera and I’m so glad I did. Absolutely stunning views and one of the only places I found with a high standard and with a large pool. It’s situated high on the cliff with fantastic views of the sea and island. It’s also very private unlike all the hotels in Oia and Imporveli were it is horrifically busy and tourists can peak in and look at your room/hot tub with no privacy. The aesthetic of the hotel is so pleasing; white and grey, large light rooms... the beds were so comfy with a variety of cushions to choose from (they even had a cushion menu). The staff were lovely especially the main lady and man who served us breakfast (I’m sorry I forgot their names). We arrived really late on an evening and they had left us a delicious fruit platter in our room. They made sure we had everything we needed to eat being vegan, there buffet was large and so much choice. The rooms even had a smart tv with Netflix and amazon prime etc. We hired a bike and a quad to get into Oia and around the island and it was so cheap and easy! We just had a wonderful time. I don’t think the photos on their IG or internet does it justice. Highly recommend and will be letting friends and family know!

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

The water supply stoped quite late at night the night before which was stressful as we needed an early night before the wedding. All sat there waiting for water to come on. Wasn’t ideal!

I loved the view from the hotel it was stunning, the staff made our wedding night perfect by decorating the room. We had a lovely meal the night before with my bridesmaids. Breakfast was lovely. Great place would love to come back!

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

English tea a bit light taste wise in the mornings. Luckily, we bought our own tea bags and had a better cup of tea in our room.

The beds were amazing comply in studio apartment overlooking the caldera. The views are amazing. The staff were very friendly and the restaurant food was tastier than some restaurants outside that we visited. A great chill-out place in between the main towns. Also, recommend doing the hike which is behind hotel.

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

We ordered room service which was only a club sandwich , waited over and hour and they arrived with the wrong dish ! They did however discount for their mistake and provide a complimentary drink .

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

The service was outstanding! We have never received customer service as fabulous as the service we received here. Stunning! We had to depart extremely early in the morning. They prepared us special takeaway breakfasts!

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

No restaurants close to the hotel

The view is to die for! Hotel is in a quiet and peaceful area, away from the crowds and the hustle bustle but is just a bus ride away from Fira and Oia the main towns of santorini! The hike track to both the towns is just outside the hotel! The sunset from the poolside is amazing.

Nothing I can think of.

The views from the rooms and terrace are unsurpassable. The rooms are luxurious with a Jacuzzi in the bathroom and many other little luxuries (a drink and sweet dish on arrival etc.) The dinner out on the terrace watching the sunset was superb and so was the buffet breakfast which we could have on our own little terrace outside the room. The service was attentive without being in your face. An amazing experience!

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

The front of house staff was the most helpful and friendly that I've come across in my years of travel. Super nice guy with an exceptional manner, thanks Yannis! The room was amazing, the breakfast was delicious and dynamic, everything was just awesome. If you are going I recommend hiring a ATV to see the island, it was a blast. The views of the sunsets over the caldera are something I wont ever forget. To Yannis and the rest of the staff: thank you so much for your hospitality! :)

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

We stayed in 113 and for safety reasons feel that there should be a door on the shower.

A lovely small hotel in a beautiful location. Stunning views, quiet and excellent service.

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

If you're looking to be in the middle of everything, this probably isn't the place for you. It's located in between Oia and Thira. However, we wanted to relax and truly get away so it was just PERFECT. Better than any Caribbean resort I have ever been to.

What didn't we like?! This property was absolutely magical. From the minute we arrived, we were treated to 5 star service from everyone we came in contact with. It's located on a part of the island that gives you truly breathtaking views, peaceful serenity and we were so taken with the view from the pool deck that we extended our trip an extra day. The location right on the Caldera was just what we were looking for. The hotel is located directly above the hiking path that goes from Thira to Oia. I think my favorite part of the day was watching other travelers from all over the world take in the beautiful views on their walk across the island while I sipped my mimosa and read a great book. The staff at the pool bar were so lovely and we promised them we would be back next year. And we intend to be! Try the great souvlaki and sip the signature cocktails while you soak in the Mediterranean sun. HEAVEN!

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

They only did 3 rounds of breakfast so if you went towards the end there wasn't much left

The view was amazing, staff was attentive and helpful, pretty good location, the pool was great

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

The pool needs to be taken care of a bit more. The space around it was a bit messy.

Perfect location, outside Imerovigli, with great views and quiet neighbours. The lounge chairs on the terrace provide perfect views over the Caldera. The sunset dinner was amazing. The breakfast was varied and delicious. The staff was great, and the local cat was a pleasant surprise. :)

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

I just wish we could have stayed longer.

THis was the most amazing place that we have ever stayed. The view was incredible. The room was fantastic, the breakfast was great and the staff was the best that we had experienced through all of our travels in Italy and Greece.

• Honeymoon Volcano Suite with Spa Bath

I'm pretty picky about the hotels I stay in, since I feel that the hotel really makes or breaks a vacation! I was traveling with 2 girlfriends and we went to Santorini for a vacation at the end of the summer. I wanted a luxurious, clean hotel that had amazing views and I wasn't disappointed! firstly, there are beautiful views from both the front and back of the hotel, secondly, the pool faces the most beautiful view you can imagine! My entire expereince at the hotel really made my vacation the best it can be! When we arrived early in the morning, our room was ready by 9:00! We only had to wait 40 minutes which we did at the pool area where we were served breakfast and coffee! (all included in the price) Then we were taken to our room (honeymoon suite to accommodate 3 travelers) and wow! our room had a deck that looked over the pool facing the most incredible views. We had a table and chairs as well as 2 lounging chairs! the suite was spacious and eve had a small kitchenette. The area itself is great since its the halfway point between Oia and Fira and although its on the cliffs, you are not in the main towns that are noisy and crowded, yet you are only a bus/taxi/walk away. The staff was incredible! the manager at the front desk was always smiling, and accommodating! right when he arrived, he told us to settle in and then meet him so that he help plan our stay. he helped us rent a car for a day which they brought to our hotel and mapped out any trips we wanted! When we checked out at 6:45 AM they gave us breakfast to go (sandwiches and drinks) and had coffee waiting for us on our porch! A special mention to Harry who always served us coffee exactly the way we wanted and when he saw we were not eating breakfast and only fruit one day, he brought us a whole plate of different fruits (3 of each!) It was truly a wonderful vacation and stay! I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

Excellent customer service they really pay attention to the needs of the guests. Everyone is so friendly happy and welcoming from the start to the end. They make you feel like you are the only one staying there brilliant and I would stay there again and again and again.

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

The breakfast selection could have been better, but I understand with the size of the property. Also, our bathroom supplies like shampoo and soap weren't replaced throughout our 5 days.

The staff were amazing. They made us feel like we were extremely welcome. Ada and Nikos were fantastic and responsive. Both went above and beyond. Also the manager of the property was helpful and took plenty of time to explain about ant questions we had, as well as helped us plan our days!

• Honeymoon Volcano Suite with Spa Bath

The buffet breakfast was not replenished, for example, the fruit salad was finished by 9.30 and despite the breakfast being u til 10.30, it was not replaced thereafter

The view, the pool, the food and the staff

Everything was perfect!!!

The hotel has a extraordinary view of Caldera.the hotel is situated between Fira and Oia. It is in a perfect area, very quiet and very romantic.the service personal was very good, they help you with everthything.we have rent 1week 1 Atv, they brought us at the hotel .we had also transfer to port.the room was big and we had a perfect view .breakfast was various and we had also eat dinner there.the food is perfect good and not expenses in compare to Oia. Everything was perfect and we will defenitly recommend it

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

Internet service was spotty in our room but was fine outside, by the pool, and in the lobby.

This is an absolutely gorgeous property with views to die for. Very helpful and friendly staff provided maps, directions, and recommendations for restaurants, beaches, and sights worth visiting during our short stay on the island. Great restaurant - the breakfast buffet was fantastic - many selections of high-quality local cheeses, pastries, eggs, yogurt, fruit, etc. We had dinner there twice and it was also excellent. Highly recommend!

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

The first room was too noisy and hot. We asked to move to a different toom. They moved us to a room which was larger and less hot but had no view (they said we didn't pay for the volcano view, but the charge was high enough for that). Anyhow, the new room was not too hot which was good but the shower was really run down and looked like a public shower on a beach or something. Very few hotels have gyms. They have small room which they call a gym but it's too small and not well equipped to the minimum needed for a workout. All things considered, it's an ok place. Not a great, not bad.

Great view. Breakfast is good. Nice and helpful staff

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

Not walkable to Fira or Oia. However it is close to bus stop and hotel can arrange taxi or rental car.

Great welcome with s bottle of wine and fruit. Our room was a suite and very spacious. Amazing service throughout the stay. Pool and view of the caldera were simply beautiful. Pool service for food and drinks with complimentary water. Also we reserved a table for sunset at the hotel restaurant. Great food and view. Also there was a delicious breakfast buffet with eggs, bacon, fruit, breads, yogurt, jams and honey, cereal, etc. as well as cappuccino or other coffees made to order.

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

It was a little bit from the main town but we had everything we need at the Filotera.

The staff were amazing. They were friendly and helped us with whatever we needed. Especially Harry and Nickos and the lovely wait staff. The views were amazing and our room was perfect. Everything was as described on the web. We travelled for 28 days and the 4 spent here were a highlight.

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

The partners are not so good. The rent car company offer us a old car. The taxi driver to the airport was terrible, going fast and bad mood.

The staff are very friendly, they help you with everything you want! Really amazing people. The view is fantastic, I believe is the most incredible view on the island. We love this hotel so much!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

Property was a little isolated - 20 mins walk in next town - so used a lot of public transport or taxis. Would suggest hiring a car. Views are fabulous though so worth the effort.

Super friendly staff, very clean and fabulous views

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Honeymoon Volcano Suite with Spa Bath

The staff were exceptionally accommodating. The facility lacked nothing. And the view! From morning to evening, we couldn't get enough of the view to the caldera! Self-serve breakfast hit the spot. We will definitely be back!!!

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

Location is absolutely amazing and the view is stunning. The staff is extremely helpfull, always smiling and ready to accomodate our request. You should definitely try the restaurant and enjoy the sunset. We will definitely come back soon.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

Everything was awesome. The property is gorgeous. The manager helped us in every possible manner. Breakfast buffet is rich and varied. We had the best view of santorini sunset without any crowds. Definitely will stay here again.

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

The property is nicely located with a very good view of the caldera. It is also a quiet location despite having a direct access to the walking path to other village. The service is very attentive except one of the receptionists, who seem not to understand some of our requests. If you are looking for value, then this hotel is a good one for you.

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

Santorini was quite cold during our stay, staff was very friendly and offered us heating device in our room. Very nice staffs and excellent view from hotel pool. Only a short drive to Fira and Airport. Convenient and cozy'

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

Nothing but i would recommend them to have free transfers to/from the port as it is very isolated from the main towns and the taxi is quite expensive (25 euros when i was there)

The view is simply breathtaking, absolutely stunning right in the middle to have a full panoramic view of the caldera. All the rooms are arranged in a way that can have a view to the sea (although not all of them to the caldera). Kind staff, always akin to help you with everything you need, pool and jacuzzi, awesome food. In the night the have a special dinner menu, perfect for a romantic meal with the spectacular caldera view. Bare in mind that the hotel is far away from the crowds, so it was perfect for me, super quiet and only 15min by bus to Oia

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

Loved every minute of our stay here. The staff was EXCELLENT especially Harris at the front desk who was so helpful to my daughter and I when we needed some extra help. He honestly went above and beyond for us. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

The design of the bathroom meant that the floor was soaking after a shower - there needs to be a door on the shower!! Also we visited in early May and it was cool at night - the hotel could really benefit from a restaurant with a roof and walls rather than just an open air pool bar area, we were really cold when eating there in the evening. But it was fantastic.

The food was excellent and staff very friendly. Room just lovely

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

Great location, lovely food, great staff, easy access to public transport, had a nice journey, quite enjoyable! especially thanks for the decoration on the bed, it is a warm welcome!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

Very professional staff from the reception wright through to the cleaning staff all very friendly always with a smile The atmosphere,views just the whole setting I would recommend to anyone I enjoyed the breakfast and especially the service

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

TV could have more international channels.

The location of the property. Pleasant and helpful nature of Yoanna and Sofia at the reception, complimented in equal measure by all the others associated in the running of the place, especially the staff at the bar and restaurant.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

The rooms were located in an area where noise from neighbouring hotels was very loud echoing throughout the rooms. We had no sleep the first night and were moved to a quieter to room (after we had already requested a quiet room for our honeymoon and we were given one of the noisiest.) the rooms and showers need a good clean and glasses in the rooms were not clean and the sheets always felt damp.

Staff. Location.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

The location is good in relation to visiting other towns and the view of the caldera is fantastic. Great staff, very friendly and nothing too much trouble. Breakfast was plentiful and varied. All in all, a very nice hotel that I would gladly revisit.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Honeymoon Volcano Suite with Spa Bath

A little far from town but that was ok. Room service / food was just so-so

AMAZING VIEW, quiet location, wonderful staff, super comfy beds, nice Korres bath products, good perks (free Wifi, breakfast, and welcome cocktails), and just really beautiful property

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

The wifi was in and out. Sometimes it just stopped working. At least we didn't have to pay extra for the wifi because then I would have been mad. It did work in most spots well but in the bedroom, it was in and out. The shower was a little weird of an angle at least in our room. But that is nothing huge.

The location was what we were looking for. The staff were accommodating and when we asked for something, they made sure to have it for us or they knew how to get it and would give us the info for it. The views were perfect from this property and the breakfast was good. We even checked out early on our last day and we could request a breakfast to go to the airport. They packed us a bag with a sandwich, apple, a piece of cake and an orange juice so I didn't feel like we missed out. Thank you for that. Good touch. We really enjoyed this place

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

Hotel driver was very expensive. Mini bar was only restocked once during the week

Staff were really friendly. Views were absolutely incredible. Location was very peaceful. Beds were very comfortable. Decor was beautiful. Large variety at breakfast. Loads of products in the bathroom. Very luxurious. 15 min walk into imerovigli. Walks to Fira and Oia were beautiful and enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

The beds are exceptionally comfortable but the bathrooms need hooks for towels and more cupboard space. This is a quiet hotel outside Imerovigli so you have to hire a scooter, ATV or car as the closest restaurant is 20 min walk. If its windy there is no place to sit inside or where you are shielded from the wind for any of the meals.

Johanna was unbelievably helpful and so friendly. She is an asset to the hotel and gave us fantastic suggestions and recommendations for our stay. The cuisine was good and setting beautiful on the cliff edge. The pool is warm and offers a great place to relax and chill to watch the sunset at the end of the day. The hotel is good value and the staff are friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Easily accessible to both public transport and away from the hustle and bustle of the towns. Amazing and best view of the caldera and sunset 😍 The staff are amazing, helpful and always smiling.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

The television was not working and we reported this to the reception, yet they failed to fix it. The hotel is in a quiet area which has nothing but a few hotels, and to get to any where of interest you have to take a taxi or a bus, which are very scarce on the island (only 37 taxis, and the buses are supposed to be every 30 minutes, yet we some times had to wait for 45 minutes, then the bus would arrive full capacity, which is very frustrating. Staying at Fira is a much wiser option as it has the central bus station, so the wait is shorter.

The staff are very friendly, and the hotel has an excellent view both on the west and east sides of the island. Our suite overlooked the East side, while the pool, and breakfast area were on the West side. The breakfast buffet was very good with a good variety.

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

Television service is poor, and it would have been more convenient to have electronic locks to the room door and to the in-room safe than having to carry around 2 separate physical keys. Also, the lack of a proper shower door results in a lot of water getting on to the bathroom floor.

Though a bit out of the town of Imerovigli, the hotel's location afforded a great deal more quiet and privacy than similar properties in the town or in the larger towns of Fera and Oia. The views from the pool area (especially at sunset) are spectacular, and the property is more expansive than most others, leaving you with a far less hemmed in feeling, and without having to negotiate a lot of steep steps. The rooms are large and the fitness room (if you can drag yourself away from the view) is an added bonus. But most of all, the staff is simply amazing. Sophia and Joanna were like having your own personal travel agent / social secretary on staff. They went out of their way to assist with taxis and with restaurant reservations, and really made us feel as valued guests.

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

Room was empty, not nicely furnished (to our personal taste), the bed was not comfortable and constantly felt damp. The bathroom was not very clean, the bathtub was small with the shower curtain hanging precariously from a rusted structure, lights around the sink area were also rusty

The external appearance of the location is good, the pool area and terrace with view on the caldera is very nice, views are impressive and the layout is pleasant. Nice breakfast buffet and good all-day service from the bar and kitchen

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

it is not allowed to bring your own drink to the pool you should buy it from the bar.

One of the best hotel in Santorini we recommend this hotel staff are friendly and helpful amazing views,room very clean.

Nothing! All good :)

What an amazing stay! The hostess Johanna made us feel so welcome from the moment we arrived and was so helpful. We really enjoyed our stay and we can't wait to come back. Thank you so much for everything and you have been so helpful and good to us! From the first moment we got there until the end. Tarik and Tess

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

No free transfer from/to port and airport (was charged 25 euros each way). Shower would flood the whole bathroom. Decor needed refreshing. Room was below bar so would be woken up early by noise when staff arrived. Breakfast not up to par compared to hotels of the same standard. Needed to use own transport or bus as it took us over an hour to walk to Fira.

Amazing views. Staff was helpful. Spacious room. Comfortable bed. Nice outdoor area/pool.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

Beautiful hotel, beautiful staff, beautiful island! From the moment we arrived we have been taken care of so well. We came here for our honeymoon for 4 nights before moving on to another hotel.. The rooms were clean, the views were incredible and the restaurant was top class! Nicos Alkis and Joanna made our stay even more enjoyable with their professional and friendly hospitality. The pool area is so relaxing.. We will 100% recommend this hotel to all of our friends. Thank you to all the staff for making this the most enjoyable holiday we have ever had!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

The pool was cold. It was an hour to go to Fira by bus and an Hour and half to Oia. About 30 minutes to walk to Imerovigli grocery or by bus

The caldera view from the room balcony and dining area and swimming pool. The sunset in the west side and the sunrise in the east side Well maintanance. Variety of toiletries. Joana and Sophie were very helpful at the reception desk.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

Attention to detail with cleaning - hairs from previous occupants in bathroom & around bedside area Shower had grubby areas - needed re-painting / sealing

Reception staff, very professional - tremendous welcome Daytime snacks - excellent Dinner - excellent

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

Room could use a little updating - beds/couch a bit hard - but didn't spend much time inside, so was okay.

Staff was the best (courteous and friendly), pool was awesome, views superb, loved the location! Restaurant exceeded our expectations (mother and daughter trip). Would love to make a return visit!

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

The pictures of the hotel on booking.com are worse than the reality; thé hotel is very beautiful; thé atmosphère of lounge and happiness is all around. There is a calm refreshing swimming pool from where one can enjoy the view of caldera. The location of the hotel is super, it is very easy to go to Oia and to Thira, it is situated in the middle of the island. Upon our arrival we were told that we were upgraded to the honeymoon suite; me and my husband were more than happy about this!!! We enjoied the terrace ans the swimming pool in few steps from our bungalow. Another few words about breakfasts and dinners in the restorant: it is sooo tasty and served wonderfull. We wish we come back to Filotera next year.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

We arrived at the hotel after a bad choice we made in another hotel in oia...( Theodora suits- nothing but amazing view there) we were tired and in a very bad mood...as we arrived Joanna the receptionist was wonderful!! It was a perfect welcome and so house warming. The hotel is in a perfect location just between oia and Fira ( the center). You can enjoy the view of the sunset and sunrise!! The rooms are big and clean!! It even have a small Jim !! The pool view is amazing. The stuff was so kind and helpful especially Joanna and Sophia . They always smiling and very kind .

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Master Volcano Suite

Taxi fares were not confirmed at time of setting up the rides so we had to argue with the drivers. Breakfast buffet hours should be extended for people who wake up after 10:30 :)

The pool, master volcano suite and view of the caldera were beyond amazing! Our flight was 11 hours after checkout and we were allowed to use the facilities until our flight. Location is midway between beaches and Oia so cab fare is not bad. Bus to Fira is only 1.80 euro and 10 min away.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

Sometimes there was a bad odor in the bathrooms.. I guess from the pipes

The hotel is very nice with an amazing view, the staff are so helpful especially Joanna and sophie, they arranged almost everything for us, the cruises, the taxis, and they were ready to answer any inquiry.. The location is excellent close to both Fira and Oia, with the bus station being close to the hotel..

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

No comments

Great staff, amazing location, it was beyond my expectation, great food and a super comfy bed :) They have the best views from the comfort of your bed.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

Some minor critical notes on the breakfast: while it offers a wide choice of food (including freshly baked bread and any style eggs freshly prepared for you), it is quite monotonous (every day the same more or less), offers no fresh juices and only one espresso or cappuccino per person is included (after which you can drink filter coffee) - a strange rule for such a high end place! Improve the breakfast and this place is perfect!

Our 3 night stay at Xenones Filotera was simply wonderful: the location is great, just between the overrun, crowded Oia and small Imerovigli, on the ridge with an amazing 180 degree caldera view from the pool and breakfast areas. The hotel looks quite new and well maintained. Importantly, the pool area is really nice, to Santorini standards very spacious, and feautures comfortable and luxury beds and a pool bar. The rooms are clean, modern and have all amenities you need (the TV is very small though although we didn't use it anyway). What particularly made our stay pleasant was the great service and genuine friendliness of Sophia at the front desk; she helped us plan our itinerary, booked restaurants and instructed us how to drive and park. She is a great host! All in all, compared to the overpriced, overrun accommodations in Oia, this is better value for money and a perfect base from which to make excursions on the island (you need a car or other means of transportation though).

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

You pay for the location and not the quality of the rooms. The rooms felt a little old and need a refurbishment.

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

Awesome hotel for those trying to relax, definitely one of the most amazing views! Not for those trying to be "in the middle of it all"

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

Fabulous in every way. Staff were fantastic.

• East Aegean Sea View Suite

The location is just perfect. It’s in between Fira and Oia. The staff was amazing, they were so friendly and nice

Great location, great trails

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

I love everything about the hotel

No inside restaurant

Amazing place with very nice staff.

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

Great little boutique modern hotel with spectacular views. Very friendly staff.

• Studio with Outdoor Hot Tub and Caldera View

Breakfast needed a little variety, but good overall

Qiuet location away from hustle of fira/oya. Great sunsets and sunrises

Staff was incredible !!