Reviews of Hotel Benito 3 stars

7 - 7B, Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

#145 of 272 hotels in Hong Kong

Great stay for a one night visit in HK
    • Standard Twin Room

Check-in time could have been abit earlier, rather than 2pm.

The hotel rooms are a good size for Hong Kong. The rooms are certainly value for money and it isnt too far from HK airport. A taxi ride to the airport cost me something like 320 HKD.

Great location, clean hotel, good service staffs.

As it is really located at a very convenient location, therefore the bustling sound of the streets could be heard early in the morning.

A decent and clean hotel at a great location. MTR station is nearby and convenient to move around. A lots of shops and restaurants around. The hotel staffs made up the room every day and even come back to do it after 2pm when we were out again for a stroll.

All request granted, extra blanket, extra towels same room...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

All request granted, extra blanket, extra towels same room for 4 days. First two days were paid thru the hotel, last two days, booked thru booking.com. Huge bed.

The staff were very friendly
    • Standard Twin Room

The bed had bed bugs and I was bitten on a few places like my arms. I did not request for change of room because by the time I tucked into bed it was already past midnight and I was too tired to do so.

The staff were very friendly

There was enough space to move around, definitely much...

There was enough space to move around, definitely much bigger than other rooms. The location is very convenient, near the MTR and airport shuttle bus A2. There are shops located near the hotel so you won't have to look far for shopping/ food/ necessities. The room and toilets are well maintained and cleaned daily.

Just want I wanted!

Rooms are small. No in-house restaurant. However there are many places to eat nearby.

A simple drop for sleep hotel with a great location, Tsim Sha Tsui MTR is just 1 min walk away from the Hotel. Located close to Vegetarian and Indian restaurants. The staff is great and very helpful. Clean rooms and minimal frill. If you are looking for a luxury hotel this may not be your option but if you are a solo or even traveling in to explore the HK, Macau and Lantau and would be out of your hotel for a long time this might suit you just right.

• Standard Twin Room

No breakfast. Although mcdonalds is just across the hotel.

Great location. A fews steps away from the train station. Lots of shops, restaurants and grocery around the hotel.

Good location. Most staff are great.

During my one-night stay there, several guests checked in quite late, around 2 am. They booked several rooms and kept talking on the corridor and slamming the doors. I am a light sleeper, so I called the front desk, looking for his help to inform those guests to lower down their voice. However, the mid-aged guy on duty was quite impatient, he just asked my room number, I dont know why, and said "I am going to send my man there". I did not hear anybody else coming to my floor, or informing those noisy guests. Those noisy guys kept walking in and out the rooms and slamming the doors for nearly one hour. That noisy nigh totally destroyed my stay in Hotel Benito. I must say all the other staff are quite helpful and nice. Hope all the travellers do not meet that unhelpful man in Hotel Benito.

The location is great, quite close to Tsim Sha Tsui station, around 3 min walk. Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful. You can save your baggage there after check-out and pick it up later.

Great place for staying at Kow Loon area, if you are looking for a nice and not so expensive place
    • Standard Twin Room

I have nothing to complain about

Actually one of the greatest places I've ever stay in Hong Kong according to the price/benefit relation. Very comfortable and clean, location is great in Kow Loon, metro station is just 3 minutes walking. The room size was good considering the average in Hong Kong

I am ver satisfied. I will book with them again.

I just love the hot shower after tadays walking in hongkong. Water in the bathroom is strong you can somehow get a massage from the bathroom water. The staff eapecially the bellboys are ao polite and kind and cery customer friendly.

I just love th

The area was nice near by MTR B2 and easier to find the...
    • Standard Twin Room

We booked for twin room , the bed quite small and we stayed for 3 persons they set up towel just only 2 persons.. i should have sharing my towel with a child

The area was nice near by MTR B2 and easier to find the restaurant very closed to The one mall Staff very nice (Bellman)

Value place to stay

The location is excellent. It's is easy to access to MRT and shopping mall as well as a local restaurant. The staffs are very helpful. Great place to stay.

Good

I would like to complain regarding my payment in Hotel Benito. As per their receipt they charged me AED 1768.30 fo 3nights 4 days stay. But the total amount that has been deducted to my Credit card is 2414.81.they told me that the problem is not with them it is from bookinG.com. As per my bank transaction booking.com charged me trice 1st is on Feb. 25; AED 585.75, 2nd is on April 20; AED583.97 and 3rd is on May 11; AED 1245.09. Kindly double check because this is unacceptable. You overcharged me.

I ONLY STAYED ONE NIGHT IN BETWEEN FLIGHTS.

ONLY STAYED ONE NIGHT SO I DON’T HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS.

I ONLY STAYED ONE NIGHT IN BETWEEN FLIGHTS. HAD A TWIN BED SO ROOM WAS NOT LARGE BUT BED WAS COMFORTABLE & THERE WAS AN ELECTRIC KETTLE. OUTBACK RESTAURANT IS RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET AS WELL AS KFC, MCDONALDS, & 7-11 AROUND THE CORNER. EXCHANGE OFFICE IS ALSO ACROSS THE STREET.

Near mtr, shopping malls, park, and jollibee since my...
    • Standard Twin Room

No sugar on last day of stay.

Near mtr, shopping malls, park, and jollibee since my daughter loves jollibee spaghetti. Staff are courteous and helped us move our luggages into out room. They even let us leave our luggages in the day of check out so we can still go around the city.

I just recommend it. helpful staff, very good location. nice room with a bit too low ceiling ;-)
    • Deluxe Queen Room

he floor on corridors (at least at 6th floor) were not vacuumed for ages - try to do that please-it will give much better feeling. all else is very good ;-)

perfect location. t

Not good as much as I told.

When I requested a chostick, nighr staff threw this out on the table and asked about sth, he hung up unfriendly. Woman’s hair was on the ground, man’s is also on my bed. Hot and freah water came out alternately.

Good location to underground, harbour

Smell is bad, I hardly fall asleep because of it.
    • Standard Twin Room

Smell is bad, I hardly fall asleep because of it. Floor is not clean. I have been to this hotel many times before, but I believe that this is the last time for me, sorry.

Comfortable stay

Small elevator that could probably fit 9 people with petite size

Spacious room + toilet (comparing to hotel in Mongkok area) Value for money Helpful staff

Great location, excellent for site seeing

Beds are very small, especially the double bed, which was not comfortable for two people.

Location of the hotel is amazing, off Nathan Road and a short walk to the harbour where you can see the famous Hong Kong skyline and take the Star Ferry to the island.

Underestimate!! For the room

The room is very small. Not worthing for the money. I had ever stayed in this hotel many years ago, at that time, the room was so good. That's why i chose this hotel again. But this trip, the room was underestimate. Quite small for triple room. My family complained me a lot...

One of my most enjoyable visits to Hk, and this is my favourite hotel, so far!
    • Standard Queen Room

Excellent location, being right next to the mtr station, and yet private and quiet enough. The bed was very comfortable and the staff very helpful and friendly.

Comfortable and very pleasant stay
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The nearest MTR exit to the hotel requires one to climb up a long flight of stairs (I'm just saying, this can't be helped). The hairdryer overheats after a few minutes, so you have to wait for it to cool before resuming its use. Housekeeping mistakenly discarded a bottle we set aside for rinsing (thankfully just a random distilled water bottle). Not all the digital TV channels work - the screen is frozen for some channels. It will be nice to have a bidet for the toilet. Just a little observation that a small corner of the toilet door frame has corroded.

The entire hotel is non-smoking, in a very convenient location, and it is very easy to find. The room was spacious, and it was clean and bright. Wifi was very strong, and power sockets were placed in strategic locations (i.e. one can charge a phone while in bed). 2 lifts to use. Hot water from the taps was consistent. The toilet was very clean. The entire hotel façade seems very well-maintained, and the rooms are generally well-kept. Most of the staff at their counter were friendly and helpful, and very accommodating.

If I go to Hongkong, I will certainly stay at this hotel!
    • Standard Queen Room

The room is very small but well furnished. It's not a matter as this is Hongkong.

The location is excellent, very closed to MTR subway, Tsimshasui station. There're many shops and restuarants in the area with dynamic atmoshere.

Ho-hum

Toilets have no handheld bidet . Room too small . Housekeeping dont change used towels and just fold used face towels and place it on the racks again . Awful practise .Even if i put used towels and face towels on the floor so it can be changed, when we get back at night , i can see that used towels are returned to racks for us to use again. We are however very tired everynight to hassle with house keeping inefficiencies.

Comfy bed. Quiet street Near MTR

very convenient, very easy to find, helpful staff

as far as i feel , none

It s a very good hotel in the city of HK , very convenient from place to place . There are many shops and retaurats around there , very vibrant and full of lives

Needs updating.
    • Standard Queen Room

I’ve stayed here over 30 times in the past. Property is showing lots of wear and tear, and is now too expensive for the value received. Also, I could not use my Hong Kong based Union Pay card with booking.com to pay for this property. Very frustrating.

Convenient location.

Central-comfortable-No breakfast or option to buy!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Again a high price for hotel but no breakfast. And not any option to buy..

No breakfast which was missed in a town like Hong Kong where it not so easy in finding a standard morning breakfast.

Very good location
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Only gives 2 complementary small water bottle which they should give more.... For use of printer they charge HK$5 per page which is not reasonable.

Very good location

Location and staff were excellent
    • Standard Queen Room

There was a constant noise in my room (603) that sounded like water flowing through the internal plumbing which never stopped

Location and staff were excellent

Most staff at the front desk were friendly except some. definitely good location.
    • Standard Twin Room

when I was given the room I had a feeling the bedding was not changed which they did upon my request. Also the shower was dirty and the drain was clogged in the shower.

The location, cleanliness and friendly staff.

My room was near the elevetor and was quite noisy in the night with the noise of people coming in and out.

The location, cleanliness and friendly staff.

Hotel Benito
    • Standard Twin Room

Perhaps a little bit improvement on room cleaning would be nice.

Perfect location, very convenient only a few steps to MTR, bus, and taxi. Staffs speak very well english and are nice and helpful.

I have been stayed in this hotel for several times, but last...

I have been stayed in this hotel for several times, but last stay was very disappointed about their cleanliness etc. But they totally improved this time and I was amazed. I will continue to come back.

Great location, not bad value for moneyb
    • Standard Queen Room

Hard bed, tiny room and bathroom dated and not as clean as previous stays.

Excelllent location just round the corner from Nathan road and walking distance to bars, restaurants and the harbour.

Great location and very helpful staff

I booked triple room for 3 adults , the room has 1 double bed and 1 single but double bed was really too small for 2.

Great location and very helpful staff

Good nonetheless!

The check-out time this trip was strictly 12pm, which does not quite work for us with 2 kiddos. We were told because we were upgraded, so strictly no extension, but then again, we did not quite need the upgrade since the room was for 6 adults and there are only 2 of us with 2 kids and a triple room would suffice.

So this time around, we got an upgrade to the family room (probably because the hotel was overbooked for the triple room), and it was on the first floor. It was pretty noisy because it was on the same level as the lounge and I suppose the store because in the wee hours every morning, we hear loud moving and slamming of doors. Of course, we always stay here no matter what because of the excellent location, familiarity, the staff are awesome, cannot think of a reason not to stay here.

Good location. Good environment. The staffs need to be warmer to guests.

Some of the front desk staff is like a military officer. Very serious looking without smiling. They should be more fluent in English.

There should be more pamphlets regarding public transporation, tourist attarction and tour package at the reception counter. The staff should be more informative when asked and warm with the guests.

Good value for money with very nice staff

Some air conditioning noise

Without any luxury, this hotel has all we need. Greay staying, great sleep after a long trip. The room was not big but it was enough and comfortable. Great location, extremely nice staff

Great little hotel in the heart of the action - short walk from everything!
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was small, but this was HK so not unexpected. Bathroom was big for a HK room! Hotel was literally only 200m from Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station exit and Nathan Road, and surrounded by shops and restaurants. Easy walk to the waterfront for 8pm laser show and the Star Ferries. Easy MTR access to everywhere in Kowloon and the island!

Perfect location, convenience and friendly staffs. Air con was too cold.
    • Standard Queen Room

The air con is too cold. It was freezing at night. The hotel staff came up to adjust the temperature but it didn't work. I had to turn it off.

Location is the best. Close to public transport and good restaurants.

Great Value and Convenience!
    • Standard Twin Room

I’ve stayed here many times over the last about 7 years. The property is dated, but the convenience makes it worth it.

The Hotel Benito sits in a very convenient location that is in the middle of many restaurants and shopping as well as about a 50m walk to the MTR station. It is also a very convenient, and beautiful, walk to the China Ferry terminals through Kowloon Park. The fastest way to get to the hotel is if you take the Airport Express Train from HKG to the 1st stop. Then connect to the MTR and go up 1 station to connect to the Red Line. You then cross the platform to the Red line and go 9 more stops the the Tsim Sha Sui station. Head towards the B Exit. Take a right at the final steps of the B Exit and the hotel is a very short walk down on the left at the 1st street on the left.

Great staff and location...
    • Standard Twin Room

No breakfast; pricey room; room lacked amenities esp electrical plugs (limited), tv sucks!

Bed so comfortable! Kind staff, thanks for helping us get a taxi to airport;quock response of staff to queries and service; accessable location, near the MRT; many eating places around the hotel

Tsim Sha Tsui hotel with all the convenience of location!
    • Standard Twin Room

Personal preference would be to have harder pillows.

The location was everything! Right beside the hotel, was a tea house that served nice egg tarts and polo bun plus the breakfast set was worth it! Within walking distance to HKCC, Star Ferry and the GU outlet from Japan. There's never a dull moment. We love it for the neighborhood. It is one of the better hotels in the Tsim Sha Tsui area for the price you pay.

Very nice hotel for business persons travelling to hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Rooms could be a little bit cleaner

The hotel was strategically located in Tsim Sha Tsui and the staff was very hospitable and provided assistance when needed.

Perfect location, everything you could want , great price...

I would have liked a 3/4 bed instead of single ..

It's a No nonsense hotel, no frills , efficient and friendly staff, it's good for people who are happy to look after themselves. Bedroom great , quiet, A/c good, got every thing handy, and the showers are AMAZING.. Location is excellent , right next to MTR , and taxi stand .and well placed for sightseeing .. Excellent.

Better Hotel location but attitude let this hotel down
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Don’t like Housekeeping and management. My partner left her ring next to Coffee cups ( photo attached) but when we came back 2 hours later, we were told that they didnt find the ring. Management never bother to look investigate.

Near to MTR and shopping

Great place to stay

5 steps away from subway station, very close to lots of different options of restaurants, shopping center, stores. Staff very helpful. Hotel has a very strict non-smoking policy, which is great! Fast Internet connection.

In summary, brilliant location, clean , efficent staff, just don't expect to spread out too much.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room is small (standard queen - some 14 sqm in total), understandably due to location and cost of real estate. Became less noticeable over time - just had to be tidier and live out of suit case.

Location, location, location. Right next to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR exit B2. Very clean, excellent shower, great staff. Free daily water bottles - put in freezer overnight to take out each day. Can leave bags to pick up later on checkout day.

• Standard Single Room

I book a room for two person and a big bed but when I reach the property, i was told that I book for a single room and a single bed... then I paid an additional amount for a bigger room which cost me double for that...

its near to all stores that I liked

Very convenient
    • Standard Queen Room

No food at this hotel. An Outback restaurant is directly opposite. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel is very close to Nathan Road, night markets, shops and restaurants galore. Short walk to the harbour front and Star Ferry

The location was great.

The bed was very hard and only double not queen - two pillows did not fit across the bed. The bathroom was scuffed and not the cleanest. Staff was Ok but not overfriendly and also were not helpful. Communication was a bit difficult as their English was limited. No tour information, no breakfast available that we knew of, very little customer service apart from checking you in and out.

The location was great.

When I checked in, the outside of the toilet bowl was extremely dirty with the dirt very visible from the desk or bed if the bathroom door was open. I asked several times for them to clean it before running into the housekeeper in the hall. She was very accommodating. However, made me wonder about how clean everything was.

Great location. Reasonable prices.

Most enjoyable
    • Standard Queen Room

That I wasn't told that there was a guests lounge on the 2nd floor. Had I known I could have used it whilst waiting for my flight.

That there was no restaurant so I had to get breakfast outside - which I like. I do not like hotels where breakfast is included whether you want it or not.

the kocation is excellent
    • Standard Twin Room

I was asked to pay again with my visa card eventhough i already paid thru booking.com. I sent them a chargeback letter, Please assist me with the concern.

the kocation is excellent

good hotel. Is the only hotel I choose to stay in when in HK.
    • Standard Twin Room

location is the best thing about this hotel with MacDonald's just across the street, KFC and Yoshinoya and Outback steak place in the next building. MTR is 100 meters away the bus-stop coming from the airport is one block away at Nathan rd, and taxi stand is just a matter of crossing the street. This is my 4th time to check-in in this hotel.

Very accessible to everything
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The cleaner keeps on knocking even though we are still resting. They cant wait for us to leave the room before cleaning. They should wait for the guest to leave the room before cleaning.

Very accessible to everything

Great location - with some issues!
    • Standard Twin Room

I had 2 issues: 1. This hotel was referred by my brother-in-law who always stays in Hotel Benito whenever in HKG. He said there is breakfast (breads, coffee) served on the 2nd floor. Upon check in, we were told that it's only for guests who booked directly with the hotel. And since I booked through booking.com, I don't get that privilege! I felt discriminated but just brushed that off. I didn't want this to ruin my holiday. 2. I hated the fact that rate changes daily according to the actual price posted on booking.com. I have grabbed the opportunity to pay upon check out even though i have booked this stay 3-4 months ago. That was really the deal closer for me. To my surprise however, our accommodation bill was 1,100+ HKD higher when we checked out because the Front Desk lady informed us that they follow the actual daily rates they post on booking.com on the actual dates of our stay. Had I known this, I should have prepaid for this trip as we were sure that we were staying in this property. I didn't want to ruin our 8 days stay just because of these 2 issues so I did not make a big fuzz about it. I hope guests will be properly informed however so we can be given a choice to prepay.

The location of the hotel is excellent! I love the fact that it's just few steps away from the TST train station as well as the bus stops. It's really convenient. There's also a breakfast place just beside the lobby. That bakery bakes the best egg tart that my daughter loves! The size of the room is also good compared to the other hotels in the area. It wasn't huge in space but good enough for a family of 3 to move around!

Location was good.
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff at reception could do with better training in handling guests. Not too helpful and not too pleasant. Towels need upgrading. Some have holes.

Location was good. Very near MTR. Their bellboy Louie was very helpful. Wifi was very good. Clean rooms.

Good business hotel close to metro
    • Deluxe Twin Room

We booked last minute so had to pay a hefty price. Therefore wasn't worth the money as much.

The location is great. Staff was good and helpful. Premises are clean and well maintained.

Excellent Hotel, Location and Convenience.

Would have expected for a bigger queen bed, but that's just me being on a bigger size. Not many inches left after me and my wife are on the bed.

Strategically located at Tsim Sha Tsui prime area and just stone throw away from MTR station (B2 exit). The room is considered spacious and comfortable compared relatively to hotels nearby. It is clean and surprisingly quiet given the buzzling streets beside it. Everything is great about it. Comfy beds too.

Warm and helpful welcome when check in.
    • Standard Twin Room

Warm and helpful welcome when check in. We also get birthday bless to one if my birth day's friend from the staff in the date we check in. We can leave our luggages after check out and come back to pick up later in the evening.

All in all I would still come back to this hotel because its a value for money and very accessible.

The room was small and the bed is also too small for queen size since we are sharing a bed with a child.

The accessibility of the hotel to the city, the train and bus stations to the restaurants and shopping.

Nice location, not friendly staff
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff is not so friendly, Specially at the reception desk, need to improve customer service treatment

location is good and cleanlines is ok but lacking a bit of building mainteinance

Affordable spacious basic room in good strategic location
    • Standard Queen Room

The bathroom is a little bit dirty with stains.

Good hotel with friendly staff. The bathroom is big. The cleaner also very friendly. Location is very near to the tsim sha shui MTR exit. Location is strategic. walking distance to the Hong Kong Science Museum. Also, there are a lot of food choices in that area.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Don't expect warm welcome from staff. You come and go, no greeting at all. They don't do early check-in and late check-out, but you can leave luggage with them, so I guess that's a plus.

Location was excellent. Walking distance from bus stop coming and going to the airport, very close to MTR and lots of eating places. Bed was comfy too!

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Excellent location.

Room is so humid that even bed sheets/ pillows were damp. Bathroom smells bad due to lack of ventilation. Room was generally clean though some details can be improved (hair on toilet seat, stained bed sheet, shower drains slowly). Radio taxi may refuse to come for the short ride from the hotel to airport express station and one has to walk with all luggages down to main street to hail a taxi. I was lucky to get one taxi passing by the door otherwise would be difficult to lug the heavy bags through the crowded sidewalk.

Excellent location. Proximity to MTR exit, eateries and shopping but quiet at the same time. Decent size for a single room. Very reasonably priced for such an expensive city.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Very good location!

I booked a triple-bed room and got one single-bed + one double-bed. The double-bed was too small and quite uncomfortable to sleep for 2 people. I would suggest other people to better book separated rooms, instead of getting a triple-bed room.

Very good location, quite comfortable to access MTR, bus service and many restaurants around the hotel. The hotel also provided a bottle of drinking water for each person, each day.

Nice place

The price is a bit high without break fast option.

The location is great.Nice place to stay. All facilities are available nearby. I will stay in this property in my next visit.

Enjoyed our stay with this facility with the reasonable charges paid.
    • Standard Twin Room

Would be nice if we dont have to pay extra for storage of one luggage for our second leg of booking, few days later.

Facilities were just what we need and the locatin was where we would like it to be.

Loved it here
    • Standard Single Room

Room 801 is beside the elevator, so you can hear people passing outside the door. But a good set of ear plugs can easily fix that.

Professionally managed front desk. Very fast check-in. Room 801 is a bigger-than-average single room with a window to let the sun in (overlooking Tom Lee music store). Very clean. Free bottle of water and some instant coffee/tea. Has a good sized bathroom with all the toiletries I needed, and the water pressure and temperature was excellent. Strong wifi. They held my luggage after check out till it was time for me to head to airport.

I dint recommended this hotel for all my friend and family,,the staff very bad response...🙁

I akready hook the price inckude breakfast but the frint staf tell me Nit inckude,,they dibt understang english langguage well,,and when i go out to find the moslem restorant fir breakfast,,still not open in the morning,,cause rain and i was difficult to find the road back to htl ,,i was arrived 1.30,pass the checkout time and the front office charge me so expensive,,a haff of my room rate,,so terryble😡

The pkace near the shoping store

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Very convenient location
    • Standard Queen Room

We requested for late checkout and were given until 12:30pm only. Kept on calling us to vacate the room or else we will be charged.

We've always booked our stay here because of the very convenient location.

Location is perfect! / Room a bit old
    • Standard Twin Room

The room is very small (but understandable due to the prime area and price) and a bit old especially in the bathroom.

The location was perfect! 100m. to bus stop / 20m. to taxi stand / 50m. to MTR exit. The staffs were really nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Nice and convenient

2 mins walk to public transportation, restaurants and shopping area are only a step away, compact room but cosy and clean, amenities and facilities are fine, staff are nice and helpful.

Browse Hotel Benito traveller photo gallery