Reviews of Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus 3 stars

6.2

5.5

3.9

• Business Double or Twin Room

The picture from its website and the real one is totally different. While the room picture is quite beautiful but I'm very disappointed with the real room and also no face towel at all .

The location is very good

• Business Double or Twin Room

No free wifi. Carpet was dirty and didn't vacuum. Shuttle bus to airport went to other hotels to pick up passengers and didn't use the Western tunnel so it took 1.75 hrs to the airport.

Location convenient. Room is a bit bigger than other boutique hotels.

• Business Double or Twin Room

I didn't like the thought that the wifi is not part of the package. Wifi in this facility is 60 HKD per night and it's an extra expense. Wifi should be free for all the hotel users.

I like the size of the bed because it can fit 2 people well.

• Business Double or Twin Room

Hotel was very terrible hotel in my live. I got 1st floor in this hotel share the floor with staff office and this hotel have to buy internet 1 day/60 hk dollar.internet also not stable always unconnecting. Don’t book this hotel if you are expecting to see beautiful hongkong. I got slum dogs room and noisy can not sleep all night. The reservation from booking.com price is 614 hk dollar when i went to paid money upon check in the price is up to 750++ hk dollar & no wifi service. The reception only said have to talk with booking.com. I will rate this hotel 0/10.....bad hotel ever bye bye booking.com& hongkong

• Business Double or Twin Room

Wifi at the property was charged at HKD 60 per night. The wifi signal in my room was dismal and as good as useless. I requested for a refund. The staff said that this was not the hotel’s problem and that it was the telecomm company’s instead. I asked what remedies were available and was told that the problem would be brought up to the telecomm company providing the wifi. Of course that didn’t fix any problem. I wasted $60. And the hotel just dodged the blame. Downright irresponsible.

Nicely designed interior

• Business Double or Twin Room

We are very dissappointed for the security interrogating my partner while we are entering together the hotel, i already said that we are together,but still he stop the elevator and didnt let my partner go up without confirming the frontdesk. Even i kept saying we are together. This is an act of race discrimination.

Perfectly good place

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Business Double or Twin Room

Only con is about the wifi. When you book, it says that "some rooms provide free wifi", but it's not clear. This is a searious con, mainly if you depend on wifi for work.

Location, restaurants nearby, staff in general.

• Business Double or Twin Room

I stayed 5 nights and the sheets were never changed. The cleaning was to put in new towels and replace used shampoo. Nothing else... rooms was a bit run down as well stains on carpet etc

Bed was ok and pillows

• Business Double or Twin Room

The shower and toilet areas are really tiny. The toilet flush suddenly didn't work on my first night and the water in it became all muddy the next morning! However it was fixed quickly as soon as I let reception know, so it was definitely a one-off incident. For some reason, the WiFi in my room would begin acting up everyday around midnight throughout my stay (and stabilise again perhaps an hour later). I had a phone with local data though so this didn't really affect me too much.

Felt like my bed and room were extremely comfortable, I genuinely enjoyed returning to my room at the end of each day to get a good night's rest in comfort. I also really love the hotel's location, felt really accessible to places I needed to go to - either via the trains or buses!

• Business Double or Twin Room

The fact that some rooms have WiFi while others don't is not very useful. The rooms without WiFi have the option of renting an internet device (for $60HKD every 24 hours) but only one device can be connected to it (mobile phone or tablet or laptop, etc)

The hotel is very well located, within a few minutes from Happy Valley Racecourse, a few minutes walk from Causeway Bay MTR station and an assortment of restaurants!

• Business Double or Twin Room

There are no free wifi, We should pay additional 60 HKD per day for one device. Poor customer service, they can not help us to call the taxi, the room wasnt clean. Quality and price is not very reasonable.

• Business Double or Twin Room

We got two small beds instead of one big even though we requested a big one. No soap in the dispenser next to the sink. We had to pay for wifi. And not just once but for every device we wanted to use. We did not get that information when checking-in. There's no phone in the room so we had to go down 25 floors to get the wifi codes when we realized there was a charge.

Room was clean. Location was good.

• Business Double or Twin Room

Staff initially advised us that there's no public transportation going to the airport at 5am and we need to take a taxi which would cost around 300-400 HKD. Before leaving the hotel, we asked again another staff and told us that there's a bus available during that time which we were lucky that we were just in time for the schedule of pick up.

they are always cleaning the room

• Business Double or Twin Room

The carpet looks dirty, don't like the carpet. Wifi not included, thought having wifi everywhere is standard now. The toilet got clogged twice, and flushes very weak if not clogged.

Good location, convenient to eat, shop and run errands. Everything was straight forward.

• Business Double or Twin Room

The rooms were bit smelly. Even with 'no smoking' sign, I could smell someone smoking early in the morning somewhere near my room. The staff was friendly but maybe not most efficient. My safe broke during my stay and had to get the handyman to come and break open the safe (which took about an hour in total). But they did change the room for me after, but no upgrade or anything for the inconvenience caused. The staff were just doing what they can, but not offering anything further to make me feel better after the incident. But I think this is what can be expected for this price range hotel in HK.

• Business Double or Twin Room

WiFi was not included in the room price. I thought in 2017 this does no longer happen, so I did not check properly when I booked. But it did happen. I was not impressed by the cleanliness of my bathroom: there were hairs on the sink's grate. I did not get the double bed I asked for and the 2 single beds were rather short (only 1.9m?)

location is convenient, room was (very) small but functional, if you are on a higher floor, you don't hear the busy Morrison Hill road below, it was not expensive so you probably get what you pay for

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Business Double or Twin Room

The rooms is looking old. The toilet clogged time to time. And no free wifi.

Location was very convenient for shopping and eating. Transportation was also very convenient.

• Business Double or Twin Room

No tea or coffe but kettle and mini fridge was a little odd. No wifi included. Was ok but I have had better value for money in other local properties which were seamily on a par with this one. No real complaints however.

Conveniently located for public transport and a quiet room considering the location. Small room but was comfortable, meal,package not included so I have no experience of the other services offered. Wi fans extra per day but affordable.

• Business Double or Twin Room

Shower floor would flood Light switches behind mattress ?! Dirty Had to pay for WiFi Double bed was 2 singles stuck together. Terribly designed. Air con sucked.

• Business Double or Twin Room

POOR SERVICE, NO FREE WIFI, NO RESTAURANTS IN THE HOTEL, NO SPACE IN THE ROOM EXTRA BAGS, BED SHEETS WASN'T EVEN CHANGED DAILY. SO SMALL ROOMS. NOT A VALUE FOR MONEY PAID. I WOULDN'T COME BACK OR RECOMMEND NO ONE.

THERE WAS NOTHING TO LIKE AT THIS HOTEL

• Business Double or Twin Room

The room was not serviced on on the 4th night. No clean cups and saucers, or glasses, or towels, and bins not emptied. Very disappointing.

Easy access to the Hong Kong Stadium

• Business Double or Twin Room

not having to pay for wifi the shower being big enough the rooms having not been designed in the land of the little people

the door leading onto the street

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Business Double or Twin Room

The hotel itself was not bad, but just not what we wanted to book. If someone choses the room based on the price advertised and the pictures shown you will be truly disappointed as the picture only show the more luxerious rooms and the price will default you to the more cheaper rooms which are a forth of the size at best. Also, if one doesn't read the fine print he will assume that Wifi is included, but that's not true at all: If one opts for the standard room Wifi won't be included and can only be bought for an extra HKD60 per day and device!!!!!!! That's a real joke. In our case we only needed Wifi for the first day as we wanted to buy a SimCard thereafter, however, the staff sold us full 4 days and even though we would tell repeatedly that we don't need it anymore they would keep it runnning so that we were forced to pay HKD 240 for Wifi which compares to a SimCard incl. data for ~HKD70 in 7/11. Also, please note that the staff in the pictures must be actors as the real staff never smiled [they would hardly note taht you were even there]. Room service was more like a random thing: Sometimes the beds were made, sometimes they were not. Towels sometimes there, sometimes note: Real catostrophe. BTW, they also charge extra to keep your luggage for an extra few hours. In a nutshell, if you want a crappy service that looks cheap at first, but turns out to be quite pricy still: Go for Bonaparte.

The Hotel is conviniently located quite close to Causeway Bay's time square which is great for shopping. There is a lot of good spots for food just around.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Business Double or Twin Room

where do I start had to pay for wifi then was offered upgrade with wifi for extra £10 a day room was 2mtrs bigger than normal room you could standing in middle between beds touch each wall and the shower you need to be sure your partner is a size zero to use shower 40 different countries travelled and I honestly don't think that anyone could make a shower so small so if your carrying any weight this is not the hotel for you

in a good area

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• Business Double or Twin Room

I really didn't like the fact that you had to pay for the wi fi..... I thought we had moved on from there as I've stayed in Hostels with free wi fi in HK for half the price. Felt a bit of a cheap shot. Likewise they charged you to store my bag after 6pm. Whilst I understand they were there over 5 hours I see this as a hotel courtesy. Left a little sour taste.

Checked in early and manager went out of his way to get a room quick after overhearing I'd had a long flight. He didn't need to, as I'd already accepted that check in was 3. He was top class.First impressions last.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Business Double or Twin Room

They charge for wifi. No bar or restaurant / cafe. Cannot be dropped or picked up outside due to traffic regs - not far with an overnight bag but would be a nightmare with a big suitcase.

Comfortable room although very small. It had everything for an overnight stay.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness didn't seem a top priority. Waited 3 days for a pistachio shell between the beds to be picked up. Finally did it myself.

Location close to my friend.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

The receptionist not very friendly and no wifi service in all room, during We book hotel no stated only few room Got wifi , standard room we need to pay extra and only 2 device allowed

The room clean

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

Tiny rooms! Tiny bathrooms! Uncomfortable bed! Dirty and dusty room!!!!! The room is very small!!!!!!!!! Literally like a size of a parking slot. There was no room for our 2 luggages. Seems like they dont even wipe the window area since it is super dusty!!! I had to wipe it myself. The drawers they so not clean it at all.... its full of nails, used paper, plastic. THEY DO NOT HAVE FREE WIFI. WTF!!!!! 40$ per day!!!!!!! The bathroom is the smallest in the world as big as the toilet in the airplane. For the price?EXPENSIVE! This is the crappiest hotel. The photos in booking.com is deceiving.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

The room was very dirty, with old hair and dust on the floor. The toitlet was not properly cleaned. There was also some scary, white dust in the ceiling that looked really disgusting. Finally, the rooms are very small so if you have big luggage you can barely move or open then door to get out.

The duvet wad really nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

The room wasn't cleaned well when we arrived the lamp was broken and the room was a little bit dusty. It's also hard to take a bath because whenever I take a shower the water is all over the bathroom drainage is not good and there is no division or anything from the floor from the shower area. Also there is no WIFI you have to pay I think $60/day for every device that you want to connect.

The location is perfect it's near the malls and MTR stations

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

The room was quite the surprise: VERY tiny room. The comforter blanket was tiny for 2 people and the air conditioning was too cold.

Great location - in Causeway Bay close to Time Square. Great shower, strong hot water pressure. Quite the surprise.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

Poor staff attitude Room was sealed from inside so could'nt get out Water leaking into the room from above No assistance for translation Terrible experience!!!!! Never consider staying thsre again for any price!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

SO DIRTY. I asked to have my room changed because OK if it smells humidity, if I have to pay for the wifi, if the beds are hard like rock - never saw that before - if there is no wall to separate the shower from the toilet, if it is big - or should I say small - like my fist and a lot of stains on the wall. BUT it looked as if they never clean the floor. I found bunches of long hair everywhere and even in the second room. I also found chopesticks from one of the previous customers. So I would never go back there. It was OK for a first experience, but when it was our second stay in HK, I never wanted to go back. Especially because the real prices just don't worth it. And the staff doesn't really speak English, but they are nice. My review would be different if they used the vacuum....

Good price for Hong Kong (I got a 40 or 60% discount) and not too far from the station. A lot of stops and restaurants nearby and in a main district.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

Poor lighting in the room....hotel hard to locate...on checking in, the staff wasn't aware of my reservation (apparently, Booking.com didn't inform the hotel of my reservation when such reservation was confirmed as early as 5 months ago!)...

Aside from location, nothing more really....

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

Room WAY to small! Ridiculous for two people, only one could stand up at a time and no room to put suitcases if travelling with more than one medium bag each...

Clean, nice room temperature, close to where I needed to be (sports stadium), Several budget local eating venues, a bakery and 7-eleven very close..

value for money

clean n convinience

• Business Double or Twin Room

No WiFi, noisy guests, dark room, no facilities

Nothing to be honest

Smallest room

Very small room no wifi was provided and the staff was curt.

• Business Double or Twin Room

Too small for tall big people

Location...

Size is to small.

Cleanliness. Location. Water system. Staff.

• Business Double or Twin Room

the Shower room is way below my expectation. Just too small as shower room .the Shower room can be slightly bigger

the bed is of good standard

• Business Double or Twin Room

too bad.want to say nothing

• Business Double or Twin Room

The room too small. No free wifi. The cleaning is poor.

the bed is good

• Business Double or Twin Room

Very small and no amenities

Fair

Very small hotel

• Business Double or Twin Room

Hotel room was very dirty, terrible service, definitely not worth for HKD 800 per night!

• Business Double or Twin Room

Small room, bad service, noise, not very clean

Staff

• Business Double or Twin Room

No free wifi that's so bad Staff not well service Small room

Lobby looks good Staff not well service mind No wifi

• Business Double or Twin Room

We kill 2 croacoach in 1 night. The bathroom water drain is clogged.

Everything!

• Business Double or Twin Room

Should improve the service.

Have enough facilities to use.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Space is very small

Space is very small, bed is too high

• Business Double or Twin Room

ROOMS ARE SO SMALL, NO FREE WIFI, NO RESTURANTS FOR BREAKFAST. WOULD NOT RECOMEND TO NO ONE.

NOTHING TO LIKE

• Business Double or Twin Room

Tiny size of room, inconvenience of small space, hard bed, poor drainage in shower.

Cleanliness of room, courtesy of staff.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

nil

Nil

• Business Double or Twin Room

Nothing very bad booking i have ever made

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Business Double or Twin Room

Room much too small bed very very uncomfortable noise from street and adjoining rooms very baf

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Business Double or Twin Room

NO FREE WIFI. DOUBLE NO GOOD!!!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Thinnest pillows Unhelpful staff No breakfast facilities

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Business Double or Twin Room

No free wifi. Rooms are very very small.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Untidy room facilities No free wifi Far from MTR

Nothing I liked

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

CHECK IN AND OUT VERY SLOW. FACILITY IS NOT GOOD ESPECIALLY THE BATHROOM.

PROVIDE COFFEE AND TEA

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

Rooms were exceptionally dirty and smelled of smoke. Would not recommend.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

The beds are too high, and it took too much time to check in

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Not expensive for HK.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Dust on the hangers.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

Really soft clean bed and hospitality Price+!

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

Bit expansive and two small

Street area to nice shop and food shops

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

Room size , compact as a new meaning

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

Tiny room. No tea or coffee. Had to pay for wi fi.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Business Double or Twin Room

Extra 60HKD charge per device for WiFi internet. Is that really Hong Kong? Deposit 500HKD upon check in? What?!

There are also 25 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus traveller photo gallery