Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay 3 stars

No. 33 Sharp Street East, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

#164 of 272 hotels in Hong Kong

Based on 1946 hotel reviews

Not memorable or very below par
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was poor and limited choices. Staff takes off buffet before time Staff was generally unfriendly and rude And unhelpful Restaurant ambience was very low standard

Location only

Great Location, Great Service, Value for Money
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

1. Great location near the MTR snd just opposite Times Squsre 2. Clean room, towels and bedsheets. Soft and comfortable bed/pillows 3. Breakfast buffet that comes with the accomodationn is a huge plus, it has good variety and tastes good 4. Staff are well trained, polite, kind and considerate to customer needs 5. The courtesy umbrella in the room, helped a lot travelling around HK, sunny or rainy weather 6. Fast checkin amd checkout 7. Sizable room for HK standards 8. There is a self service laundry and ironing, that I didn't get to use but its there Highly recommended and value for money in the Causeway Bay area. Will stay here again when I go back to HK.

Location was fantastic, very near the MTR.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel toilets could have been cleaner. Found mould on walls in between the tiles and on shower head. Shower area had brownish encrusted stains. Hot water for shower area was intermitten so sometimes you get cold water for a couple of minutes. Sofa was old and had stains. Ironing board was flimsy.

Location was fantastic, very near the MTR. Near good shopping areas. Good food available near the hotel, especially at Times Square. Supermarket below Lane Crawford has lots of variety. Buffet breakfast included in room rate was good.

Value for money.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The sofa bed could use thicker bedding. The bathroom door is without a lock

Value for money. For the price paid, the room and beds are suitable for a family of 2 adults and 2 young children, with breakfast provided . Also good location, near to MTR exit (although some walk required) and eay access to bus and trams to Wanchai etc. The handy provided for Wifi hotspot is great, but the hotel wifi was sometimes not stable.

Good location, near to Time Square and have many nice cafe around
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The wifi connection in the hotel is very bad. However, the Handy phone provided in the room is good to use. The breakfast was not very good.

The location of the hotel is good

very convenient and worth it
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

receptionists were not super friendly.

comfortable stay with free wifi. near to mtr and many good restaurants within 10-20 min walk. clean rooms and quite big. free buffet breakfast was not bad too.

Great location; clean; friendly staff, and I would return in future.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I found the lift system slightly confusing; quite often I had to change lifts to travel all the way down, but I can appreciate there may be security reasons for this.

The hotel is well located, close to Times Square. It is close to other facilities, eg good restaurants which we used. The breakfast area is quite crowded (reminded me of a ship's galley) but also atmospheric and the breakfast staff were very helpful. I would return in future.

Worst experience
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We had to transfer 2 times during our 2 nights stay because of problems with the toilet. Not even offered a room upgrade considering the hassle we experienced. The worst hotel experience so far.

Great for first time Hong Kong travellers
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The lighting in the room was a bit harsh. There is no room service so keep that in mind.

The handy phone provided makes the experience so much easier. The rooms are very clean and staff are friendly. The breakfast is great. Location is fantastic.

Freezing nights due to unadjustable temperature...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Aircond temperature control malfunction. Sink hot water pressure low, faucet old. Shower hose broken n leaking. Long queue to check in. Breakfast staff chatting loudly among themselves in front of guests.

Location t

The hotel location is really awesome!
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No bidet shower in toilet!

The hotel location is really awesome! Just a few step from subway station (Causeway bay station exit A). There is Handy Phone in room that we could bring it outside for using 4G/HK Wi-Fi. Breakfast was good and variety.

One week before check-in, this property charged one night’s...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

One week before check-in, this property charged one night’s deposit to my credit card. Upon check-in, it charged the full 3-night stay, and told me that the deposit charge would be reversed on my credit card in two weeks’ time. It would be more efficient to simply charge the balance of two nights, so that I don’t need to remember to check my credit card statement for the deposit refund.

Nice stay
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The washing basin a little bit uncomfortable.

The room was clean and the sofa was nice as you could seat to have a rest somewhere else beside the bed. The location of the hotel wonderful.

Not worth the cost.
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We asked for a room to accommodate 3 people. There was not room for the sofa bed to unfold and when they fit the bed to the room, it was uncomfortable and we were not able to use it. We were given a new room and again the sofa bed was terrible. Certainly not worth the money we paid for the room. The breakfast was adequate, but so crowded we were disappointed. Many items were gone from the buffet even when staff was working to replenish.

The location is ideal! The hotel sits overlooking Times Square. The staff were good at listening to our complaints about the fold out bed in our room. They sent housekeeping to make the bed, and when that did not work, they gave us another room.

Pretty ok, might stay here again on our next Hong Kong trip.
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

As expected, not courteous enough for some reception staff

Breakfast was terrific. And one staff/manager at reception (Non-Chinese looking) was really helpful, advising me best way to get Guangzhou train ticket.

Excellently located hotel, welcoming and helpful service. Pity there was no pool or gym
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Too few varieties of fruits. No soya or non-dairy alternative to milk. Muesli in addition to cornflakes would have been nice.

Scrambled eggs were delicious. Good variety of food

not worth it!
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

sofa cum bed was of extremely bad quality. very thin mattress and not at all comfortable. Not a good choice for Indian/veg travelers. very small room. no space to move around.

Great place for a family stay
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Offer double rooms with sofa bed which is ideal for a small family. Sofa bed was quite hard so best for a young family member. Slightly bigger room than we've previously had in HK. Clean, comfortable, and a nice breakfast included as well. Even had a fridge in the room. Really helpful staff. Four independent restaurants on site with different types of real Chinese food, as well as more luxurious restaurants across in the shopping centre. Getting a taxi is easier across at the shopping mall.

Location is perfect, just behind times square, close to lots...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Could have been cleaner, carpet is older and bathroom could use a little updating and detailed clean over.

Location is perfect, just behind times square, close to lots of shops & great eating places. Breakfast included was decent and convienent. Rooms were a good size, more to the American standards.

This was just an ok hotel with good breakfast and good location (near Causeway Bay MTR)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The wifi hardly worked in our room (2302). I called up the front desk about it and they said no one else complained so it might have just been in our room. The wifi worked in other public areas of the hotel though.

Room size was adequate for 2 people considering how small rooms in other hotels in HK usually are. Breakfast was ok, filling. Really cool was the Handy phone that they provided in the room, which was a smartphone that you could use as a wifi hotspot while outside the hotel exploring the city. You could even make free local calls and free international calls to certain countries.

Average however location was good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I booked 4 months ago for Non smoking king bed and could only get twin single non smoking ... internet and hot spot extremely unreliable ... TV was very old ... breakfast was ordinary ...

Great base for an action packed holiday
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Checkin was late in day as they let regulars checkout late. Tricky if stay is short

Very convenient for shops restaurants and transport. Easy to get to anywhere in HK Well designed comfortable rooms Efficient and very helpful staff who all work very hard Breakfast, wide range of food but crowded. Second coffee machine would help

Thankyou again for making our stay wonderful
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bailine at reception is very rude. To me as well. During my second check in I did not want to be served by her. She also served another customer who did not hv a passport with with him. She was too strong n loud that we heard everything. Another dud not hv her key she was too loud we could hear everything said. She needs to be humble. She needs to attend a customer service course in hospitality. Pls thank Jess n viviene for being so good to us. They need to receive cs awards. Beautiful gals with great personality n these gals encourage us to be back at holiday inn. I am from Fiji we hv more than 100 resorts n hotels. I am the laundry service provider for 135 hotels. I’m comparing fiji to hk. I am at the resorts every weekend. I live in Denarau where all the most expensive hotels are. We should not judge a book by its cover. We pay fir the services n we expect staff to be professional. Pls take this as a positive criticism as I will be back here again cos of the staff at boundary inn. Thku team for looking after us as we checked out n had problems with our flight n we chose to come back fir further five days as houkdsy inn. Thankyou (vinaka)

All very very good

The food was yummy catering for all different taste buds, I...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The white bread because it is not healthy, brown wholemeal is bettet

The food was yummy catering for all different taste buds, I loved the pork conger n Japanese salad

Great position and all you need
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Late availability of rooms and some people checkout very late

Convenient for MTR, Buses through tunnels, shopping, taxis, rugby stadium and Happy Valley. Helpful staff who work hard and diverse breakfast buffet which is a little chaotic Spacious quiet and well planned bedrooms. Superior just means higher.

I did not expect my stay to be so bad the only plus point is that their location is 10 mins walk
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I requested for a non-smoking room but they gave me a smoking room and the room stink so so bad with cigarette smell that it was very hard for me to breathe. Even after I agree to let them use a machine to clear up the smell for 2 hours while I went out while they are "cleaning the room" it still stink so bad and I made them to change a room for me to a non smoking room. Funny thing is the non smoking room was immediately available .. then why dont they just give me a non-smoking room which I booked in the first place? As a lone female traveller, I did not feel safe at all as their lift is accessible via the public thus no pass key is required to go to the hotel levels. rooms are old nothing like the room pictures.

Nothing good to comment

Great location and pretty comfortable. Should be cheaper.
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Industrial lighting in the room. Tiny bathroom. Comfortable enough, but not cozy.

Good size room but very basic. Good television and good breakfast in the morning. Great location.

Pros:

Cons: - Outdated look - Long queue when checking-in or out - 10-15 minute walk to the A11 bus going back to HKIA, difficult if you have big suitcases and a senior/elder traveling with you

Pros: - Free use of ‘Handy’ phone - Location, close to MTR and shopping areas (SOGO, Hysan place, etc) - Buffet-style breakfast - 5min walk from A11 bus (from HKIA) - Printing services - Wi-Fi

Great location to explore HK from
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They could have put bedding in the room to allow for setting up the sofa bed, knowing that the number of people booked per room would mean the sofa bed would be used. It was rather annoying to have to deal with this at 1am after arriving at the hotel.

The location was great, very central with an entrance to the Causeway Bay MTR station directly opposite the hotel, and the stop for the A11 bus from/to the airport was a 5 min walk away. The rooms were quiet, even though we were directly opposite the lifts, you really couldn’t hear anything. We were on floor 10 and we couldn’t hear any noise from outside, even though it’s in quite a central location. Breakfast was good, a huge variety and similar to most buffet breakfasts I’ve experienced in Asia. Everything from fried rice and noodles to toast and cereals. Tip is to get there early so there’s no issues with getting a table, we struggled the first day, but it was a Sunday and we were a group of 7! The beds were ok, some were a bit hard, and some had underlays to give a bit of softness. We had 3 rooms, all were a similar size/layout. My room was 1 adult 2 children (11 y.o. and 8 y.o.), and I think for 3 adults it would have been a bit small. Also, the mattress on the sofa bed was incredibly thin, ok for a child but I’m not sure any adult would find it comfortable!

The hotel in general is very good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We didn't get the double-bed room for the 1st night, even though we have pre-paid everything already. The breakfast and coffee were so bad. The toast machine had more than 10 pieces of toast stuck there. After 1st day, we just went out for breakfast.

The hotel in general is very good. the location is super convenient. We could walk to a lot of places. Room is relatively spacious, compare to other hotels in Hong Kong. Very clean. The staff at the reception were very friendly.

Convenient location, simple accommodation. The delay in check-in left a bad impression this trip.
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We booked 2 rooms, one room was only available after 5pm. I had to approach the front desk 4 times before we had our room. No effort to recover our experience like a coupon at the restaurant etc. Also we incurred additional expense in the cafe while waiting for the room. No initiative to offer us tea etc.

Access to wifi and handy is very convenient. The location is really good and convenient.

Great! Will stay there again!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff was not very accomodating and not very friendly but we still got what we asked for.

Very nice pillows! Bfast buffet was great esp the scrambled eggs! Hotel was very near mrt stations.

We still had fun despite SMELLY SMOKING ROOM. Tnx to the good shower floor and handy hotspot phone,
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The check in staff was not accommodating. We were there early at around 10am and yet according to her theres no available NON SMOKINGG double room for us. I requested it in our booking 3 months ago and yet its not noted? Our option is to get either A NON SMOKING TWO SINGLE BED ROOM or a SMOKING DOUBLEBED ROOM. We have a four year old kid with us so we definitely need a doublebed room. Are we not gonna sleep apart at two single beds? And so we have to resort to a SMOKING ROOM. we are non smokers and were with a 4 YEAR OLD KID and yet she made us stay at a smoking room which really smells like cigarrette. I paid for a hotel and yet i slept in a smelly room. And the front desk staff is not even apologetic. Its as if its a favor that she is giving us a room which i already paid for. DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE MONEY. The restaurant staff were also intimidating. They cant undertand and speak even a few english. I believe HOLIDAY INN is an IHG member so i assume a little international standard service and that includes a little english for proper communication.

The bathroom/shower floor and the free handy phone for internet hotspot is great. Breakfast is good particularly the coffee.

It was comfortable, a proper sized queen bed.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was nothing particularly bad, everything was just fine.

It was comfortable, a proper sized queen bed. Just what you would expect from a holiday inn. Nothing special, but nothing bad.

We will never stay in Holiday inn Express anymore when we go back to HK.
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff was unpleasant. Priority club card was not entertained anymore unlike before. Our second room wasn’t available/ready until before dinner. Breakfast experience was bad unlike before when it was at the 4th floor.

That the room had a sofa bed. And all had free breakfast

good location, well trained staff. poor breakfast area.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

the only down side was the breakfast area. Restaurant was too small and it was so noisy. Sevice staff were always in a hurry. Another thing i didn't like was that it the airport express shuttle pick-up point was too far from the hotel.

I liked the location and the staff were really friendly and were trained well.

EXPECTATIONS NOT MET
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It is hard to find taxi here. You will be required to go to Times Square taxi stand, which has usually long queue for taxi. Though location is not faraway but becomes a problem with luggage. Hotel breakfast is fixed menu type. Great problem for vegetarian. Though there is only one option for vegetarian, but staff told clearly that we cook with fish and meat. There is no spread so that one can choose something. Staff wasn't courteous to provide a room for dress change before leaving for airport. No vegetarian food option for dinner.

Reception staff was helpful and even provided with early check in. Room was quiet and no disturbance of any other sought. Room was clean but little small.

We like the location and the nearby food and shopping, and we will stay there again, but
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

What I really didn't enjoy was the quality of the sofa bed in our room. it was very hard and I saw a chamber maid putting a think piece of ply wood to support the base ( where the person would lie on). there was only a very thin layer of cushioned base. so we found it not very good for the back, it feels like we were sleeping on carton boxes laid flat, rather than a sofa bed. The queen bed was average. We were on level 16 and there was a partial view to the main road. Breakfast was included. You can have it at the restaurant next t0 the check in counter. We recommend going earlier (before 9.30am) to avoid the crowd and be prepared to share tables. There are 6 sets on the menu (see photo) and basically you can choose a set person (with the vouchers given to you when you check in). Food is generally ok. There is a set (ham and cheese sandwiches) that allows you to take away. we had that for a day as we really found the place too rowdy.

Overall the stay was quite pleasant, and no frills. I like that the property is minutes from Time Square and Causeway Bay MTR. In fact it is facing one of the side entrance to Land Crawford, and you can go through the entrance to go to Time Square. But of course, from the MTR exit, you need to take almost a 5-10min walk to get to the train platform as you need to go down to the basement, through the shops before you get to the MTR gantry where you actually tap in to take the train. There is a supermarket at Basement 1, which is a plus. There are also many eateries near by the hotel, there is a beancurd outlet that serves really smooth bean curd and we loved it. The staff at the counter is generally helpful and they speak English, Mandarin and Cantonese. Near the reception there is a vending machine selling some snacks and one type of cup noodle (when we were there). Getting to the hotel from airport was not difficult. we followed the instructions from the hotel website and took A11 and took a walk from the Wanchai Fire station.

Good value for money
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was a problem caused by their computer system and the reception's attitude to customers was not friendly at all.

Wifi signal was good. Great location for people who love fashion

• Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We had very bad experience with the breakfast cafe. It is always crowded, most of the staff are not so friendly and the experience was bad, especially when travelling with our young kid. Breakfast ends at 1030 and we were asked to leave once time is up. So those travelling with kids should consider asking for takeaways. But do note that you cant choose your meals for takeaways. Its always sandwich..

Great location!

Lovely location.. Wish people were as lovely...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff, except for the breakfast restaurant staff, was not friendly. In fact, the girl who checked us in, Elaine, talked as if we were b class citizens.. Didn't feel very good... We were in a foreign land, we went out of our way to be polite whereas it should have been the other way round. The breakfast staff were very good and sweet people...

The best thing about the place was the location. There cannot be a better location than this in Hong Kong. It is central and right in the heart of the city. Very close to the MTR. good eating joints in close proximity.

Staff was very rude and unaccomodating to my friends...
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Front desk people were very rude. They may be tired bec its peak season but not a reason to lack courtesy to clients.

Staff was very rude and unaccomodating to my friends requests. We know its peak season but at least teach them about courtesy and professionalism. Very bad.😔

We will not be using or recommending this hotel in future.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was like a rock, it was so hard and caused physical pain after sleeping on it for 4 nights. the breakfast was very limited in choice and what was available was cold when it should have been hot. e.g toast was actually stone cold occasionally coloured bread. the tea was occasionally drinkable, (it was pre-made and usually stewed and way too strong, especially as there was no proper milk) the coffee was adequate at best if you like strong brewed coffee. The only proper milk served was with the cornflakes, for beverages, there was only condensed milk.

The location was very good being right next door to Time Square and the MRT. Bottled water was provided every day. The bathroom was large, roomy and clean. The laundry service was excellent, prompt and well priced.

Over all is ok to stay here for a short time period and just take it as you go
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

some of the staff from the restaurant where we had our breakfast were not polite the way they served customer. Not paying attention to customer needs. The hotel room is too small for the price we have to pay. Pay a bit more extra you will get spacious room at Pullman Hotel.

Breakfast is ok, just to fill our tummy from hunger in the morning and not the best. Bed is comfortable for short stay and enough facility from hotel. Security is guaranteed for me, no missing stuff with the luggage open when we leave the room.

Causeway Bay location plus.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Just those little cleaning things that get overlooked. Corners of rooms walls that need a good wipe. The rooms are looking older but it doesn't need to be this way. Please change the in-room coffee to something tastier and also provide a sugar option such as equal. The breakfast staff are a little bit lack-luster. It's an emotion free breakfast. There is no atmosphere in the room at all. Went to breakfast once out of five possible days.

The pillow choice is good. The Front Desk Manager is super friendly and will acknowledge guests as they walk past. The rest of the staff do not do this. Breakfast is included with all rooms.

Get breakfast elsewhere and this accommodation is perfect.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The (western) breakfast in the Chinese café was not good. A cold fry. I couldn't face it again after the first morning.

So many nice touches in the room, little conveniences that are not standard in hotels. Plenty of space in the room too.

Our stay was generally pleasant.
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff could have been more polite and helpful. Since they don’t speak English very well, specially restaurant staff and housekeeping, they tend to be short tempered when we ask for something. It can be that we don’t understand them too.

The property is near the mtr. It is also near shopping centers and restaurants.

Lovely stay. Will definitely stay here again if I visit again. Will recommend to others as well.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Definitely the breakfast. Didn't like the set menu options that are offered. Prefer a buffet breakfast where you have the option to choose what you want.

Excellent service, clean rooms and brilliant location.

No frills property that lived up to expectations, with the complimentary breakfast being the bonus.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My family enjoyed the variety and quality of food served at the complimentary breakfast. The hotel is situated in a convenient location with many food and shopping options. All-in-all a no-frills property that I found to be suitable for my family as we wanted convenience and choice within a stone's throw from the hotel.

Good location but quality of amenities does not reflect the price paid.
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The sofa bed in our room was completely inadequate. My child ended up sleeping on the floor on the sofa cushions. If it was for an adult that would not have been possible. the sofa bed was such poor quality. the mattress so thin you were essentially sleeping on the metal bars. They realised this so had put a piece of wood under the seat cushion, they then used this under the matress the make a bed. Problem was the wood did not go the length of the bed and because the matress was so thin, you were now sleeping on a board rather than metal bars. You had to ask for toiletries, they were not supplied automatically. The cost of the room, they should have been just supplied

The restaurant associated with the hotel had fantastic food, friendly staff and conveniently located. The causeway bay station very conveniently located.

I strongly recommend not choose this hotel

Nothing to be liked. To start with reception staff who they were with no simles on their faces in all days. Resturant staff were too tough. Quality of the breakfast was very poor with no choices. Overall the staff were not helpful at all.

The location only

The stay is ok
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff at the concierge is over-worked. And i got charge for HKD 7 for making a domestic call using the hotel room telephone. This is disturbing because i feel like being ripped off by the hotel especially in one of the most developed cities like Hong Kong which telecomminication should be free and handy.

Location is convenience

Not really worth the price
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Terrible staffs, the staffs at the reception are totally unhelpful. I arrived at the hostel at 6.30 p.m., which is quite late but the rooms were still not ready. The staffs didn't even say sorry or anything but showing dissatisfaction, which was really rude, when I asked if I could check out at 12.30 p.m. They always talked to each other and didn't care when guests ask for help. For breakfast, there were only few choices. I suggest choice B might be the best one.

Perfect location- just opposite to times square. The bedroom and the bathroom are ok, quite comfortable.

need friendlier staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast that was included was served with cold toast and potatoes so I asked them to bring me another one and it came back the same. So I asked for the Chinese breakfast porridge and the staff gave me a terrible sigh and just grabbed my tray as if I was asking her to go and cook it herself. Very rude. Also, the check in desk staff was lacking service as well. I booked non smoking room and she kept saying because I booked it today and through booking.com I can’t get a non smoking. As if I am being punished for not booking through the hotel and for booking today??? She acted like she would be doing me such a huge favor by giving me a non smoking room. No smile saying hello, no desire to explain or apologize for not having a non smoking room when I was promised. She should not be in a service industry if she is this unfriendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The pillows is not comfort to sleep, for me! Even though the hotel provided 2 types, hard and soft, but I find both are the same! I have very uncomfortable with my neck and wake up with neck and shoulder ache! Also very disappointed, we are not entitled for welcome drinks nd IHG rewards points, while all my friends got it as their booking not via booking.com

The location and the space of the room is great!

The location is great.
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I booked a twin room with sofa bed . The sofa bed is dated and very uncomfortable.

The location is great. Right next to Time square. MTR within 5 minutes walk. Lots of good food around.

Good quality for money, and great location for shopping, dining and transport.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The Wifi in this stay was bad. Included breakfast could be improved.

Good quality for money. Depending on the floor, the wifi could be very good or very bad. The Hotel is just behind Time Square and is very conviently located for shopping, dinner, transport.

Excellent location to MTR station
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast place is very crowded. They gave the 6 choices of breakfast set that you can choose from, but the quality is poor. Food is not hot and is probably prepared hours earlier. I had western breakfast and the scrambled egg is cold. The other issue is the area near Causeway Bay MTR station can be very very crowded with people especially tourists.

The location is superb. It is just about 2 min from the Causeway Bay MTR station. Around the hotel are many food stalls. The hotel is also 2 min walking distance from the large mall, Time Square Hong Kong.

It was ok, convenient location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is not very clean, and I think housekeeping is not very attentive because torn bedroom slippers are not replaced until asked. Wash basin is not cleaned properly. The breakfast was really really bad.

The bed was comfortable. The location is convenient but not very near to the MTR. Its a long walk to the actual station.

Enjoyed stay due to accessibility to all major places n food;)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

All was good. Evn whn lights were spoilt it was quickly rectified n tge serviceman was very courteous and nice,

The location convenient to MTR n shopping areas. Was good there was the handy smart phone to keep connected with wifi or we will be lost when out of hotel. Really helped;)

Nice room space and full bathroom.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately couldn't get late check out (probably because they had a high turn over?).

Nice room space and full bathroom. I was initially considering the cheaper hotels in Hong Kong, but I am very glad I spent the extra and went with a larger chain. I don't think I would have survived with the usual cramped bedroom/bathroom for a full week. The location was excellent, just opposite Times Square and the rest of the Causeway bay shopping area (though shopping there is super expensive). Also close to the Causeway bay MTR station. We had breakfast as part of our stay and were happy we did as it saved us a lot of headache trying to find stuff early in the morning/figure out complicated menus. The breakfast was basic, but did the job. The room was clean as with the usual holiday Inn express standard.

overall satisfying
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

hotel is not adjacent to MTR entrance as written at descriptions causing wasted a lot of time to located it.

able to bring along free wifi to visited places is a surprise.

Nice to stay at here. The room was nice & comfortable. Very convenient for shopping lovers.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The downstairs restaurant’s food so so only. Breakfast not much choice. The supervisor was not friendly when I order to take away the food.

The room was nice & comfortable. Toilet was clean & the water was hot that what I expected.

This would be the last time we stay in holiday chained group of hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We stay 9 days 8 nights but not allow to extend 2 hours for our stay as we have a night flight. I called the reception she claim on 26 Nov 2017 (Sunday) the hotel all full where I check immediately from website there were room available. The staff downstairs claimed it take 45 minutes to clean 1 room which I experience it is not true. Staff should not tell lies and not flexible to adjust the check out time. If it take 45 mins. to clean 1 room, how many cleaners need to clean all rooms before check in time 2 pm. if not all room can clean b4 2pm than why not allow us to extend 2 hours after 9 day stayed.

Booking.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Booking.com pricing was doubled and We paid more than double on check out. All menus was with Pork or Chinese nudels.Which does not suit for our breakfast

We stayed in the same hotel because it was our first year anniversary
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Last year we had breakfast and meals on the sixth floor this year breakfast was on the first floor and we have to share a table with other guests that’s not good

Friendly staff

Location is good.
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The free breakfast menu was very limited. We stayed for 5 nights and the beddings were changed once only for the entire 5 nights. Towels have stains.

Location is good. Very accessible.

Happy on the hotel stay, disapointed on IHG point system not included, & hotel rate higher.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I'm expecting to book six days with point system to be added in my IHG membership, but disappointed to learn that it cannot be added when I check-in (no warning sign during the hotel booking). Likewise, got surprised that some days rate is much higher than the one originally posted in my booking; even though its a company expense.

Overall, the hotel & restaurant is fine.

Good location very central.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was weird and very Chinese . Not much choice - best option is the option C healthy alternative!

Good location very central. Room quite small but I guess typical for Hong Kong. Lots of places to eat nearby

Good role size and good location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great Location, well sized rooms bigger than most in HK, however staff are very poor, the hotel is earmarked for demolition to give way to residential towers..... this explains the poor service from staff. If you don't mind poor service - would recommend for position and room size.

Good role size and good location.

Great location, uncomfortable lodging
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Uncomfortable bed, staff were not friendly, hot breakfast was actually cold.

Great location, close to MTR, Times Square Shopping Mall and plenty of restaurants.

Happy with it and will come back.
    • Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Trying to get to the airport from there. Can’t find a taxi and also unable to try to book one.

Excellent location and all other aspects have met expectation.

Over all this hotel will still my first choice for my next trip to HK.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The air-condition is too cold and the housekeeping did not vacuum the room every day.

It is very convenient, just steps away of Time Square, Sogo and MTR station.

It was a pleasant and comfortable stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The young girl staff at the reception desk can show more enthusiasm to answer questions or solve problems. Quite disappointed at their indifference while working at such a centralized location, and in a well- known American brand name family hotel. Generally speaking, the young man staff are more helpful, even the technician who came to the room to install a router to improve the internet efficiency was courteous and eager to help.

The two Chinese restaurants ( privately owned) in the same building are convenient, and can accommodate different consumers. The location of the hotel is superb, next to MTR Causeway Bay Station, one of the busiest shopping districts on HK Island. Housekeeping runs really well, and a smart phone is provided to use.

Location good and convenient price affordable, facilities differ from Sheung Wan holiday inn
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Sink was miserably small, terrible for washing milk bottles. The rooms are different. Booked 2 identical double rooms yet, one rooms facilities / decor and toilet differs between both rooms. Also the very small sink was dirty with obvious soap scum.

Browse Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay traveller photo gallery