View vacation packages to

2. Hong Kong hotel reviews
  3. Hong Kong B&B and inn reviews
  4. Reviews of Garden Hotel

Reviews of Garden Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Flat A, 8/F, Tung Lok Building, 34-36 Nullah Road, Yau Tsim Mong District, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

#111 of 331 B&Bs and inns in Hong Kong

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: April 30, 2019

I understand that in HK flats are very small.
    • Standard Queen Room

I understand that in HK flats are very small.Booking.com shows just the best bedrooms of this hotel. I have booked one bedroom with city view. The property did not provide this facility and they gave a bedroom with no city view.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

can be your choice.
    • Standard Triple Room

Selected a family room for three, once arrived the owner asked to get another double beds which was smaller and the three beds was unavailable or needed to wait. We checked in late evening, almost 5 pm and room was not ready. And needed to move into smaller room without reduction of room charge. When checked out, asked us to return room at noon. Although we informed only to pack and required more minutes, the owner asked time and reminded time rules. The weather was cold but the in-room heater would not help to be warm. It can be only cool or close it. ได้ยินเสียงห้องอื่นระหว่างพักด้วย Please use exit E of metro Prince Edward (太子站) when you have your luggages to carry with. The nearest exit B2 to hotel does not have any lift/elevator to facilitate your big luggages or trolleys, only walk up with stairs. When going with exit E, follow Nathan Road and then turn to Tung Choi Street direction.

hot water

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Garden Hotel Stay
    • Standard Twin Room

The electric plugs weren't working well to charge our phones and whatever else but we only stayed 1 night so it didn't really matter as we had our portables.

This hotel is value for money. It's still small but it's much more proper than other hotel/hostel with the price. Comfortable, friendly staff and worth the money. There's a few street food vendors around the corner too.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Look exactly like it show in the photos.
    • Standard Triple Room

Shower was little bit blocked but not a big deal

Look exactly like it show in the photos. Perfect location with good security. Easy access with MTR. Close to many attractions and markets. Also come with great choices of restaurants. Convenience store is just downstairs, can get food or drink 24/7. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Uncomfortable and overpriced for what was provided during my stay
    • Standard Queen Room

The photos did not portray what I experienced. My room was supposed to be a Queen Room, but the bed was not even long enough when I laid in it. The Wifi did not work throughout my stay and the staff were very inconsiderate promising it will be fixed, but it never was. I was told to buy a SIM Card, even though they explicitly stated that the "hotel" has Wifi throughout. It is like a floor of mini of flats in a high rising building with a dozen room on one of the floors. The room was not very clean and at night the drains made the room uncomfortable to sleep in. Cleaning and waste was stored to the left of my room when I came in and out. I had to check out and find an alternative place to stay for the last half of my visit. For the price you can find a more comfortable and actual hotel stay at in this area.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

The room is clean and a private bathroom is available.
    • Standard Twin Room

Location is a bit tricky to find. Make sure you prepare the address well.

The room is clean and a private bathroom is available. Good for a place to stay the night, but don't have very high expectations.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Overall everything is good, it is worth the money, affordable hotel for stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room is okay but the location is just a little bit smelly it is not a good idea to let the window open.

Near to the train station, bus stop, many restaurants around and easy to get on and off to many famous places.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Nothing it’s not at all hotel it’s flat they made it as...
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing is there to like it ,it’s kind dormitory

Nothing it’s not at all hotel it’s flat they made it as hotel I got cheated my booking.com I totally disappeared and it’s not all worth for the money what I paid

• Reviewed: December 22, 2017

Even though is convenient for food, transportation & shopping is not my expectation.
    • Standard Triple Room

Room too small for 3 person. Have to lift up luggage on the bed to take things out. Small walk way with 3 luggage near the walk way.

Should not call Hotel, more like rest house

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

Great location and near the MTR train station.
    • Standard Twin Room

The entrance is hard to recognize; no hotel name anywhere. The toilet room itself is the shower room, so if you take a shower, you’re going to have to deal with a damp toilet.

Great location and near the MTR train station. Friendly and helpful staff, good value for the money. I would stay again when traveling to HK

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

An okay hotel destroyed by bad attitude staff.
    • Standard Triple Room

Cleanliness and impolite reception cum cleaner issue - The toilet got smell. Water cannot flow out from the hole properly unless we take out the cover of the hole during the bath. We stayed there for 6D5N. Got a day the reception cum cleaner didnt clear the dustbin, we have to remind him. Another day we suspect him did not change our bed sheet (we can clearly see traces of our own hair on the bed) but we decide to let it pass. Another day we are not provided with towels (but okay we have our own though). But one really bad day we cannot go anywhere due to No. 8 Typhoon alert.. we asked him around what time he will do the cleaning, he replied he will not do it as long as we are in the room. So we get out to eat our lunch before roaming around the neighbourhood under the Typhoon for a few hours and when we are back around 5++pm the room is still dirty. We asked him why the room has not been cleaned with surprised tone.. with rude tone he asked us why are we in such a rush to get the room cleaned? We are really disappointed. He should know that under no. 8 Typhoon we have no where to go but hide in the room.. most shops are not even open. Then only he take his cleaning tool..I have expected the room/hotel to be small..but at that time I really regreted choosing here because as the room/hotel is very small we do not even have a place to sit while waiting him doing the delayed cleaning.. we have no choice but to continue roaming around for another hour or two though exhausted under the extremely bad weather.

Good location - Near to mtr. Near to Ladies Market, Fa Yuen Street, etc streets. Convenient store and Manning pharmacy right at below the building. Staff Shirley - She is kind enough to give some guidance to the hotel via email before our travel date. Water machine - water machine are located beside the reception area for guest.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2017

Location, the owner of the hotel is helpful & friendly.
    • Standard Queen Room

The bathroom is too small, The air conditioner unit leaks on the last night of my stay, There are 2 lifts but only 1 is working so it takes some time to ascend the higher floors .

Location, the owner of the hotel is helpful & friendly.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2019

Good

Room is too small

Excellent location.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2019

• Reviewed: January 5, 2019

Its was good enough for a short trip. Good value for money. It was easy to locate.
    • Standard Twin Room

Everyday should change the beddings and towels.

It was near to the train station and other stores.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Good location; friendly and clean.
    • Standard Queen Room

Bit hard to find. No sign outside the building.

Very helpful staff. Always called a friend when coming across language barriers

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Get what you pay for
    • Standard Queen Room

It smelt quite bad, the water didn't drain

Cheap. All you need

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

Rip off
    • Standard Queen Room

Really small.My feet were touching the wall when I lay in bed.Not good value for money.For that much money you can get something much better

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Good location, convenient to travel
    • Standard Queen Room

The room and toilet is small..

Good location, convenient to travel

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

80%

Small Room Size and Bathroom

Friendly Staff, Good Location, Room Very Clean

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Very cheap place to stay. This is not a hotel it is a guesthouse.
    • Standard Queen Room

Toilet and shower room to small

Value for money. If your looking for a cheap place to stay in HK.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Good to stay.

All good

Face towl

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Location is very good.
    • Standard Triple Room

Room is really small as well as the toilet and bath

Location is very good.

Cleanliness Convenient Got water dispenser

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

Cheap, good location
    • Standard Queen Room

Was allot of mold in the bathroom!

Staff were extremely helpful

• Reviewed: May 6, 2016

The aircon and air vents in the room and toilets need to be...

The aircon and air vents in the room and toilets need to be cleaned always as there were dust collecting there and since I have sensitive nose and allergies, I had nose allergies. The bed mattresses need to be change often as I started to itch after 5 days and I suspect bed bugs bites on my arms and legs.

• Reviewed: March 9, 2016

Excellent location for everything, clean and relatively...

Excellent location for everything, clean and relatively spacious room, quiet in a very busy area, and inexpensive! My wife and I enjoyed every moment of our stay, and will come back when we visit HK next time.

• Reviewed: December 22, 2015

The location is good.

The cleanliness is very poor. Few hairs on the floor and towel. For those travelers who don't like to sleep with cockroaches, you better think twice. I killed two small cockroaches, and din't manage to kill the big one. On the second day, one of the big cockroach hide in my t-shirt, when I wore my t-shirt, it fell down.

The location is good. Near to MTR, right below the hotel has a lot of shops such as 7-11, Guardian, and a lot more restaurants and other shops.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2015

Location good, MRT beside.

Biggest problem, I read this room come with window, but end up no window within the room. I ask why no window, their reply me: toilet got window, I finally found 0.5 x 1sf window. Late night cockroach will come out...

Location good, MRT beside.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2015

The location is great!

The location is great! Just walking distance from Prince Edward MTR station. The staff was super friendly, even though they had a bit of trouble with English, the owner was super patient and helpful. We ended up communicating in Mandarin :)

• Reviewed: May 24, 2016

The owner so nice and the location good near mtr Prince...

The room a bit small but value for money i think its ok

The owner so nice and the location good near mtr Prince edward exit B2

• Reviewed: May 2, 2016

Prince Edward MTR is just 5 minutes walk n there are many...

Prince Edward MTR is just 5 minutes walk n there are many restaurants n convieience stores n night market nearby. The staff is very friendly.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2016

• Reviewed: February 4, 2016

Bad noise insulation.

• Reviewed: February 2, 2016

Close to mtr

Tiny room. No shower, just a shower head over the toilet

Close to mtr

• Reviewed: January 10, 2016

• Reviewed: December 23, 2015

I like the strategic location of the place.

It is hard to find with no landmark of the place.

I like the strategic location of the place. Near to mtr

• Reviewed: December 22, 2015

nice location.

nice location.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2015

Dirty

• Reviewed: October 27, 2015

Comfy bed, clean room and bathroom, walking distance to...

Comfy bed, clean room and bathroom, walking distance to tourist spot and helpful staff

• Reviewed: June 9, 2015

Good location.

Good location. Very close to metro. The manager is very friendly. Fast and free Wifi provided.

There are also 29 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

We Price Match