Reviews of The Harbourview 4 stars

4 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

#159 of 272 hotels in Hong Kong

Great location, especially if you have conference at HK Expo Centre
    • The Optimum Floor - Queen or Twin Room with Harbour View

Food at the morning buffet can be improved, and types of food rotated every few days to add variety.

The view is great, and convenient location to the Expo Centre and nearby WanChai locations

Very very weak internet at night.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Very very weak internet at night.We are paying for a three bed's room but the hotel just adding a extra bed in double bedroom. The bed room is very small. Broken furniture in the room.

Thank you for a really great stay and for the great memories.

Liked everything.

3 people in particular made an extra effort with my mother and me, and this has left us with some great memories. Larry at reception, upgraded our room when I mentioned that my mom had not been to Hong Kong in over 35 years. Ally at reception, gave us some good tips on where to go around the hotel to visit especially banks and how to get there. Latif at the concierge was especially helpful when seeing my mom carrying heavy bags and making her feel comfortable at our departure, since we had to wait an hour or so before the coach took us to the airport. I had left my scarf behind in the room, and did not realise this until my return home to India, and would like to thank Scott at reception for chasing this up for me, finding my scarf and advising me as to the process to getting it returned.

They wrongly gave us a twin room at first, but when I...
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

They wrongly gave us a twin room at first, but when I complained that was quickly put right. Good room. This place is convenient for the Wanchai Bar district and the Convention Centre.

Great service!
    • Queen or Twin Room with Harbour View

Got a Sunday morning 8.30am wake up knock on my door asking if I needed room service. Timing is very unfortunate, should be retimed to not disturb guest sleeping in.

Great service! Every staff I encountered was friendly and helpful. I got a free upgrade to the executive room which was a rather pleasant surprise. Loved the view! Will definitely be back again.

BayView
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

We didn't like the stains in the carpet & the fabric cover of the chair. I think it has to be changed because it looks really old.

The lobby smells very fresh. We were upgraded to the room with the bay view too. We loved it. Although there's a construction on that side but having that view when you wake up in the morning & at night is amazing. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. The housekeeping staff attends to our needs fast & with smile. Staff were very helpful in giving us directions. There is a small mall & restaurants just few steps from the hotel before reaching the fire station. It is also close to the MTR. They provide slippers & toiletries.

As expected, very pleasant.
    • Queen or Twin Room with Harbour View

Bathroom was extremely compact, too much so. Check-in seemed to have huge amounts of paperwork, and when i checked out it was only one sheet of paper.

The maid who serviced my room was totally delightful. All staff were great.

Loved the view of the city & harbour from the bedroom!
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Additional bed was maybe more suited for a kid than an adult. But we were so tired it wasn't much of a bother to us... Unless you possibly stay for more than one night.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. As we were 3 people staying in a room "for 2", they assissted us with a 3rd bed & 3 of everything else. Despite that the room was still very spacious.

Really great location so that you were a short walk away...
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

The staff could have been friendlier but nothing was too wrong at all!

Really great location so that you were a short walk away from the main attractions!

SImply great!
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

Good location Good in-room facilities... 4 usb charging sockets for devices Very near restaurants and convenient shops. just 10 mins taxi from Hong Kong MTR station (Airport express).

The room was great.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

The staff are not very friendly with the exception of the door people and the people who make your bed. Desk staff and not friendly or welcoming at all. I have stayed in cheaper places around the world with better service. I had a ceiling leak in my bathroom. They cake to fix it very quickly but it took a while to sort out. I wasn’t offered anything for the inconvenience. Finally there is a lot of road works and construction in front of the hotel.

The room was great. Buffet breakfast good value and the location is pretty good.

Perfect location in wanchai, clean and confortable. Recommended.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

Perfect location walking distance to the wan chai convention center and metro. Lots of restaurants around. Rooms are clean and bed is comfortable. Breakfast buffet is good. WiFi is working good. English Channels. Easy check in/checkout with friendly employees. Recommended

Location was good.
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

Location was good. Across Hongkong Convention and Exibition Center. I love the complimentary fruits as welcoming me. I also love the gym, tho I am hoping all machines will be fix soonest and so it'll be used again. I specially love how clean this hotel is and rooms are kept clean too. I love the buffets in this restaurant. My favourite is the seafood buffet! I often stay here when I am in Hongkong.

Nice hotel with average sized room, food was nice and...
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room with Extra Bed

We booked for two adults and one child with the room made up that way, also including breakfast. On check out was charged for extra person and extra breakfasts. Made it a very expensive stay and other hotels would have been much better value. Also the mezzanine restuarant person seemed very over worked and stressed.

Nice hotel with average sized room, food was nice and breakfast was a great selection.

I have stayed there before but this time was disappointing
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room with Extra Bed

We wanted a double with additional bed. What we got was 2 singles and a fold out bed in a very small room. It was not worth the US$500+ we paid for the 2 nights.

The location is very good.

It's a good hotel for business.
    • Queen or Twin Room with Harbour View

Night time staff not helpful. Watever u ask, they say no..not even trying to give u option.bad customer service skills

Great location and clean and quiet .

Pleasant and comfortable
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

Restaurant staff not friendly Expensive due to jewelry exhibition at nearby Exhibition Centre, and Dragon Boat Festival

Convenient location, close to transport (Airport Express Shuttle Bus, Wan Chai MTR, Ferry terminal). Check in staff very accommodating and friendly Small but comfortable room Effective air conditioning

Decent business hotel with great rooms for Hong Kong standards
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

Completely newly refurbished rooms, very high standard with good design, great harbour view as the name promises. Unfortunately did not manage to regulate the air con. Lobby and corridors comaratively plain and underwhelming. Position in Wanchai is soso, perfect for convention centre a little bit of a walk to MTR.

Clean and great location.
    • Executive Queen Room

The female customer service on duty at night was not friendly and not willing to help me out with my change of dates request. Whenever I request for changes, she will say no, cannot help. Very rude, not even trying to listen or pretend to help. Bad customer service. Should at least offer option or help to customer instead of say "no" all the time.

Very clean, great location.

modern
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

The front desk can be a little friendlier, didn't say much besides asking for my credit card information.

Modern/Luxury design. I like how they put a long couch besides the 180 degree window, you can sit down and have a chat with a couple of friends. The bed is really comfortable, 4 USB ports can be accessed from each side of the bed. The bathroom, however small, has everything you needed. Plus, the shower hose is strong and powerful which I dig a lot.

Over price
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

Over priced while exhibition day, rush bfast service, missing some business traveler facilities such as shoe polishing etc

Prime location close to HKCC, 10 minutes walk-in to Wan Chai restaurant/bar or shop, staff are good

Practical hotel to stay in, built more for business than pleasure. Good location
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The room smelled like cigarette smoke. Hair dryer in the bathroom is virtually useless as it's very weak. They removed you from access to WIFI the minute you check out, if would be helpful for those with late flights to still have access to their WIFI so they can at least communicate or book their transportation via Uber.

Staff were very friendly/ efficient and courteous and the hotel is in a good location if you want to walk around or to take public transport

I was enjoying my stay and thought it is value for money; the bad experience just spoiled my day.
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

the attitude of the security gurard, so bossy; and treated people like back-packers ( I was a bit casual at a rainy day ) while travelling....

the security guard acted like a boss and yelled at me for not to put the umbella on the sofa of the lobby; actually I was frustrated that there were noboy at the side entrance to the lobby to take care of hotel customers when they get off from taxi; especially when I was all loaded with my shopping stuff / bags, nobody opened the door for me. When I was astonished to this behaviour from a staff of a hotel, I told him " I am his customer "; he changed his verdict and said he just helped me to put my umbella into a hotel umbella bag. But when the taxi came and I managed to find my partner and get into the taxi, I saw him looking back and starred at me with an unfriendly look; which was scary.

Walk distance to Convention Center at a decent price,...
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

The hotel and the furniture are aged, bed is very hard, just at least the bathroom looks refurbished.

Walk distance to Convention Center at a decent price, breakfast with decent selection and not too busy and noisy. I have been there three times already just because of position and price.

Staff very friendly and helpful.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Staff very friendly and helpful. Good location, close to restaurants and nightlife and ferry to Kowloon. Rooms were clean but the beds hard!!Bathrooms clean. Aircon was great!! Great breakfasts, plenty of choice for food, European and Asian tastes covered.

It was a clean place to stay but that is about it.
    • The Optimum Floor - Premier Plus Queen or Twin Room

The view was a moss stained rear wall of another building. It was not a view at all. Not at all what I expected from a premium room. Quite disappointing.

The room was clean and well laid out. The shower was great.

Clear blue sky
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

There needs to be more transparency in regards to the breakfast. It was not clear whether it was included. At the restaurant area, you simply walk in to start eating, there is no stag to greet you. Instead, after you start eating a member of staff asks you for your room number. Upon checking out I was informed that breakfast was 176 HKD. It seemed like a sneaky tactic. I wouldn't stay there again for this reason.

I was given a free upgrade so that I could see the harbour, that was nice. The reception were very helpful, knowledgeable and professional.

Decent

Cleaning staff insisted to clean up our room despite putting a do not disturb signs. Staff mentioned it was a hotel policy though.

Room is clean Reception staff is helpful in giving direction and suggestion on places of interest

The property is old and dirty.
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

The property is old and dirty. We stayed on the 17th floor, the hallway was nasty and smells bad. The carpet in the room is so dirty I didn’t take off my shoes during my entire stay. The bedsheet made my leg itchy so I had to cover my self with my own clothes. I’m so glad I only need to stay there for one night. 0/10 would not recommend.

Not very good experience
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

The hotel is at a fairly good location, not too close to the MTR though. Our room was facing the back side and it was extremely noisy during the entire night from some of the mechanical systems, I'm guessing. As the Wan Chai area has a lot of bars, there were many people returning to the hotel late, and probably drunk and very noisy.

Not too small room

Pleasant, reliable and comfortable.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

Comfortable bed and well kept rooms made for a great place to rest after a long day of trekking around Hong Kong. Great WiFi connection, fast and reliable. Very friendly staff; from the concierge, check in, to the cleaning staff. Highly recommend.

Clean
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

The receptionist named Tony was not that accomodating he refused early check in. But the other guy named eric helped me a lot by allowing me to check in early. CR so small.

Clean

Sufficient stay - nice place and nice staff - but quite pricey for what you get.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

The view from my room was OK - I was hoping for something better but most of the view was covered by the concrete from the building next to the hotel. This was a pity.

The staff was friendly when checking-in. At checking out busy, but also very polite. The gym was small but good for a nice run and location great.

It was comfortable and clean and breakfast was OK
    • Queen or Twin Room with Harbour View

breakfast was good but not enough was provided, almost ended up having just toast one day as they were at the tail end of everything with still 3/4hour or more left for service - this happened both days and at dinner as well.

It was a nice hotel with good views and the staff were lovely

Very good hotel, but location is not that accessible.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room with Extra Bed

We booked for 3 beds and we were given an extra folding bed placed in the only area leaving us literally no space to walk around or even open our bags.

Beds are comfy.

Very nice staff.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

Location - fantastic as such but definitely more than 400 m from the MTR station (the description shows 0.4 km which is in the straight line, in reality it is between 0.65 to 0.85 depending which way you happen to find :) It matters as I was walking with a heavy luggage and had to come up big stairway up and down to get to another side of the street as there is no other option on that route. So for you - be aware if you travel with lots of luggage or you will be really exhausted. Otherwise it does not matter so much. I took a taxi to train station on my way back. For the hotel - 0.4 km does not exist in reality, would be good to correct it... also to mention which exit to take from Wan Chai station. Couple more words and will make a big difference :)

Very nice staff. Small but very nice rooms, fantastic view (20th floor). Very silent. Did not have breakfast so cannot say anything. On a neutral note - please do not change the towels when left on the rack! As you suggest... I stayed only 1,5 days and my towels and accessories were exchanged. What a waste to environment...

Easy Access stay
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The shower in the bathroom leaked, but it was more of a nuisance than anything.

The hotel was just a few minute walk from the subway, which had a foot bridge that went straight to it. The staff was very helpful and friendly, someone greeted you at the door when you came in, and they were always smiling and pleasant. Western style buffet breakfast was nice.

The price was ok
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

Room located close to the lift so every time the lift stopped on the floor bell rand and can be heard in the room. The doors were not sound proof Smell of dampness or dirty AC Not so convenient - not so close to the public transport

The price was ok

The staff was accomodating and friendly.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

The room and everything inside them were fairly old with a somewhat musky smell. Visible layer of dust in the nooks and crannies. Room on the whole looks run down. The bed was stiff and the pillows flat. We got the rooms opposite the harbor so the "views" were lousy at best.

The staff was accomodating and friendly. The location was excellent for our purpose. Breakfast buffet was somewhat decent.

Lovely harbourview
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

Small bathroom. Construction nearby obstructs the harborview. Front desk staff and doormen dont greet and even smile at us.

Conveniently located. Our room and Most rooms has the lovely harborview. They were kind enough to check us in early. Very nice and comfortable bed.

Except this two mentioned things, a perfect stay at a perfect place
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

I booked a room for 2 adults and one child including breakfast. At the check in the staff told me, that the breakfast for kids is NOT included and we have to pay extra. Second thing at check out, we were not ask if we would like to pay in Euro or HKG$. They automaticly charged in Euro and we lost money

The View

Our stay is ok, only problem is we are not satisfied in breakfast.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

Room is old, breakfast need to improve. We stay for 5days and we eat same breakfast everyday. I think they should change the menu from time to time.

The service, location, and the staff is very friendly.

Location only, bad experience (horrible cigarette smell)
    • Queen or Twin Room with Harbour View

Facilities a bit worn out. Some staff at reception not friendly at all. Smell like my floor was an ashtray. Very noisy neighbours in almost all 4 nights.

Your front desk attendant chose not to use my card, there...
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

Your front desk attendant chose not to use my card, there was nothing wrong with my card, because I used it immediately after leaving, then I watched a chinese customer use their card directly after me, with no problem. Im not going to make this a black white issue, but won’t be staying there again and will not recommend to any of my colleagues.

1) Convenient location especially as the base for an event...
    • Queen or Twin Room with Harbour View

1) Convenient location especially as the base for an event at the Convention and Exhibition Center, 2) Nice harbor view, 3) Direct shuttle buses to the airport.

A nice experience staying in this hotel
    • Queen or Twin Room with Harbour View

Clean room with a nice view of the harbor. housekeeping is very prompt and staff are friendly and helpful. location is convenient with 10 minutes walk to metro station. would definitely stay here again in next visit to HK

Overall it’s pleasant enough considering the quietness and some harbour view.
    • The Optimum Floor - Queen or Twin Room with Harbour View

1. To see smiles on the face of the staff. Some of the staff are only friendly to Caucasians. 2. Vary their breakfast menu instead of having same items everyday. 3. Though non-smoking, we keep getting cigarette smell through aircon vent.

The upgraded rooms at the optimal floor are clean and tidy though rooms are small. Love the rain-shower. Would prefer they vary breakfast menu instead of having the same items everyday. By the way, it is not 6 minutes to Wan Chai MTR. It is roughly 12-15 minutes walk. Overall, pleasant enough.

Superb location just down the road from the MTR station,...
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room with Extra Bed

We had requested for 3 single beds and found it was a little cramped for 3 people.

Superb location just down the road from the MTR station, clean rooms, accommodating staff.

Fine place to get a nice view of Victoria Harbour.
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

The decoration and facilities are kind of old and not really fancy. It was just comfortable.

The harbor view is really awesome especially in the evening.

Apart from the weather which is out of your control we thoroughly enjoyed our time in HK
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

Actually after 3 weeks in China staying in many hotels there was nothing that I didn’t like about your hotel. The thing I liked most of all was the price

The courtesy & friendliness of the staff The location The breakfasts The cleanliness of the room Minding our baggage on the last day

The attitude and service of ally the staff was very...
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

I would have expected this often used by business traveller hotel to be more careful about cleanliness. I was woken up in the by some bites which I found out to be rather very large and well fed bed bugs ( photo attached ) . Could not sleep the whole night. Caught 2 large bed bugs in an empty water bottle and showed to the assistant manager in the morning . She was very prompt and changed my room but I hope they can look into this on a more regular check out as these were really big bed bugs ! Otherwise the staff was very polite and helpful

The attitude and service of ally the staff was very spontaneous and polite and they rectified the shortcomings

A bit overpriced, but a convenient location, and a pleasant experience.
    • Executive Queen Room

In my opinion, the online visuals of the room misrepresented the size of the windows, thus the view was not as expansive, but rather quite disappointing as I saw more construction than the harbor. Furniture was outdated, the bed was not so comfortable. For the money, I expected more.

Very clean, staff was extremely accommodating and very friendly.

Great location!
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Lots of fabric in the room - carpet, curtains, decorations + not possible to open windows - only aircon possible ..so if you have allergies, I wouldn’t recommend. Super thin walls and front door to the hallway.

Great location! Walking distance to Hollywood rd., Tram peak, Star ferry, Central/HK station for airport express (from hotel to airport on public transport approx. 45min) etc. Great variety of food for breakfast. Hotel was clean. Staff speaks only limited english. Over all price-service-quality is OK and I’d return when in HK next time.

This hotel is perfect for people who come to Hong Kong for...
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The rooms are quite small. I do not recommend to take a triple room because in this case you can hardly walk between a wall and a bed. "Harbourview" strongly depends on the side on which your room is located. We got a "wall view" instead - the windows were directed on the wall of the next building even though it was 16th floor. If you hope for a view, do contact the property beforehand and make sure the right room is reserved. And make sure to keep enough money on your card since there will need to block the deposits.

This hotel is perfect for people who come to Hong Kong for conventions or exhibitions. The location in front of the exhibition centre is really comfy. The prices compared to other properties near the Convention centre are quite good. There are always fresh fruit for breakfast, and lots of restaurants and places to eat nearby. There is a gym that you are free to use.

Comfortable & Affordable
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

As mentioned, the windows were not clean on the outside. Also, there was construction going on somewhere near or in the building so we were woken up one morning around 7am to the sound of machinery. Some guests have complained about the beds but as someone who prefers harder mattresses, I thought they were fine. The bathrooms were fairly clean but the shower could use a little deeper cleaning.

The hotel is quite close to the nearest metro station, making it easy to get around the entire city. The staff was about as kind as one would expect, and spoke fantastic English so checking in and out was a breeze. Although we didn’t pay for it, they gave us a harbor view room, which was lovely since we stayed 5 nights and had a lot of time to appreciate the view. However, the windows clearly had never or hadn’t been cleaned in a while, so it took away from the view. But overall, it was a comfortable and affordable stay.

Great value, clean hotel; checkout was 25min
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

The minus: I checked out this time at the last minute (noon) and there were massive lines, took 25min exactly. This is the only negative experience I’ve had at the hotel, I guess the only solution is to check out earlier or later unfortunately.

I’ve stayed here several times, the price is unbeatable especially in light of the location. Medium sized room but clean (small bathroom but also very clean), excellent buffet bfast but no bar in the hotel (is five min walk to the main bar street area in wanchai so super convenient for that).

Friendly staff, good location, harbour view. Good budget option for HK.

n/a

The hotel is good value for money. The room had a harbour view and was slightly bigger than the usual at this price. The staff were very helpful indeed. If you are a solo traveller then it's worth getting the airport shuttle for 150HKD which is cheaper than a taxi would be. I will probably book in again when i need to be near central.

If I'll in the future need place to stay in Hong Kong, it'll be The Harbourview hotel.
    • The Optimum Floor - Queen or Twin Room with Harbour View

Location - perfect. Really close to exhibition centre - just 3-5 minutes walk. View to harbour at night time is beautiful. Quiet, really quiet. Breakfast - something for everyone. Stuff - helpful, knows the surroundings of the hotel and can guide you anywhere you want to go (food store, train station, Starbucks :).

Overall would recommend this hotel to travelers. Definitely worth getting the breakfast buffet
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

We had a view of a wall - not really "Habourside" view, but I am sure those rooms would cost far more

The breakfast that was included was GREAT! Good variety and plenty of it. Bonus omelette bar too

We were upgraded to a business
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

Took 45 minutes to check in, only 2 secretaries in the reception.

We were upgraded to a business room with separate beds from each other. The new room was pretty small as all the rooms in hk but really new! Great shower. The room is super clean.

Great for a shorttrip to HK
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

the view wasn't as great as expected, as rooms with harbourview cost extra.

Great location to explore Hong Kong! Rooms are clean and confortable. Would definitely come back!

VERY DISAPPOINTING STAY....
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Lots honestly!! Unfriendly and harsh front desk, courtesy lacking in most of the staff at the restaurant and housekeeping(do not care to return back a smile), ordinary and repetitive breakfast spread on all days, small sized rooms cramped with furniture that had to be removed, no significant harbour-view, security deposits kept against possible damages as in hostels and backpackers dens. Overall a very disappointing stay with family. Would not stay again and certainly not recommend.

Location is the only good thing.

Great location, nice hotel
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

Bed was quite firm but no different to other HK hotels I've stayed at.

Really handy location pretty much right next to HK Convention and Exhibition Centre. Room was a good size and breakfast buffet had a great selection.

I can recommend my friends to try The Harbour view
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Hope more wait staff and cleaning crew learn English but our room is cleaned always and the cleaning lady is very kind and nice. Also hope next time the airport express bus will bring us directly to the hotel.

Food was good from breakfast to dinner. The international dishes for the buffet are delicious and Hats off to Chefs that prepared the food. Thanks for the hospitality and kind accommodations.

My Go-To place to stay in HK at any time of the year. Very close to the Convention Centre.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

The comfort of the chairs in reception was very poor.

The View from the Harbourview Hotel was excellent, except the construction going on below but that's progress.

Wouldn't recommend staying there, just to not support the service charge thing.
    • The Optimum Floor - Premier Plus Queen or Twin Room

Really bad service. Booking confirmed 1000hkd but 10% service charge were added out of nowhere. After asking where this comes from staff just replied that this is a standard procedure. I showed them my confirmation that didn't mention this charge at all. They just laughed at me. Overall I'm really disappointed. Other than that it's ok.

Friendly staff.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

There were stickers about the hotel being Eco-friendly; just changing towels when the guests put them on the floor and a big sticker on the control for the air conditioner reminding us that even one degree warmer makes a good impact on the environment. So what’s the problem? 1. Even though we followed the instructions to NOT get the towels changed, we got new ones every day. 2. The air condition was set to 15 degrees when we arrived. We turned it up to 23. The next day when we came back to the hotel, it was set to 16 degrees. We turned it up, again. The same thing happened again. The last evening we came back to the hotel, the air conditioning was set to 10 degrees!! Not only is it bad for the environment, we were freezing our asses off!! Please, educate your staff what environmental friendly means or remove the information!

Friendly staff. Good location.

great location, close to trains and bars
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

The room we originally booked had a "view" of the opposite units AND a concrete wall. Very very unsatisfactory. So we upgraded to a room with a harbour side view - of course we had to pay more. Basically, unless you pay more why stay at a place called Harbourside if you are going to look at a wall.

Value for Money

Furnitures a little bit dated in their older rooms.

Location is really good, size of the room is generous for Hong Kong standards, just nice for two persons. Hotel front desk staffs were really helpful, they went out of their way trying to fulfill our requests.

It was an excellent stay!
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

The lobby can still be improved to offer more seats!

The staff were very accommodating! They gave my request of having large double bed! And our room was facing the harbour view and a bit bigger space for a cheaper cost per night!

An average hotel
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

Rooms were very small. The bathroom was minuscule. Woken up at 6am by tour guides knocking on doors and calling loudly to wake their people. Then housekeeping knocking on doors to check the rooms .

Location to exhibition centre

This hotel is very convenient for people who wish to be close to the business area of Hong Kong.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

Lack of bath - my room only had a shower; No public rooms, such as a lounge for resident guests

Very good business-type hotel. Excellent location. Efficient staff. For lunch and dinner, choice of waiter-service restaurant and a buffet style self-service restaurant. Bottled water supplied free-of-charge each day of stay. Modest meal charges- very good value.

Very well placed if attending events at the Convention centre.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

The bathroom is tiny but we knew that already as have stayed there before. It is a good functional hotel for our purposes but does not pretend to be a resort

Brilliantly placed for the Convention Centre. Good breakfast choices.

Average accommodation with small rooms and no views.
    • Premier Queen or Twin Room

My wife and I were given a twin bed room as there is no guarantee that you can get a double bed. Asked if we could change room and told no..

Good location easy walk to many places.

It served the purpose of our stay.
    • Special Offer - Premier Queen or Twin Room

On our way out when we were already in the taxi, I saw the arrow to the airport express. The information could be handy if only the front desk staff were helpful. They were just doing their job but don't work beyond i.e. helping customers with their queries. They could have given us options on how to go back to the airport, going to the peak tram, etc. in a more economical way.

Even though the shower room is small, the shower was excellent. In fact it was the best we had in all the 5 hotels we've been in our 3 weeks holiday.

Browse The Harbourview traveller photo gallery