Reviews of Harbour Plaza North Point 4 stars

665 King's Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong East, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

#147 of 272 hotels in Hong Kong

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Our room on our last stay did not have a bathtub; however, they upgraded us to a suite so we were not overly worried.

I have stayed at this hotel a few times. The staff was great and it is right on a metro stop which makes it easy to access the city.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Basically suited everything I needed so really nothing

For me a great location as I was visiting family who live very nearby but also very near the MTR ,great bus links and surrounded by great local restaurants variety and cost superb and Northpoint a stroll away However may not suit everybody who may be intimidated visiting very small local restaurants or first timers to Hong Kong as they may find Kowloon and more touristy places better for them Swimming pool almost private and very welcome The hotel staff were very nice and bar and helpful for late check-out Overall I found it great value

room for 3 persons!!?? it was a 2 person room. with a either small extra bed

big fantastic breakfast. very near to metro; quarry bay, a12 bus stops very near the hotel. cheapest way from airport. room however was a 2 person room. we booked for 3 persons, a hard bed was put inside the room, which made the room either small.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

the decor is very out of date, the managers are very good and very professional but the junior staffs are terrible.

location of the hotel is very good, size of the room is excellent but the decor is out of date

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The place needs reno. Very dated. I asked for an international power adapter & was charged HKD30 No USB ports for charging phones Reception was very busy. Had to wait for 20mins before checking in. Bed was very uncomfortable.

Location is great, just right outside the MTR exit C Guest relation & security staff were friendly Value for money (may be?)

• Suite with Partial Harbour View

Would have been nice if bfast was included..room rent isn't that cheap.

Allowed an early check in.we had booked a junior suite and the room initially allocated had as cigarette smell on 17th foor. When I told this to the reception, they immediately allocated another room on 23rd floor.that had even better views as well.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

If there is a 'down side' - for the business traveller and maybe couples on vacation, the hotel clearly markets itself to very large Tour groups. This can lead to long lines of very confused, people arriving en masse to check in, and hanging around the common areas after being checked out to be bussed to the airport.

I stay here frequently, and I think the staff, and the location are the top points for this mid-range hotel. The super-friendly efficiency of all staff, cleaning ladies, restaurant and bar staff, excellent concierge staff, are all reasons for coming back here again and again..

• Suite with Partial Harbour View

Would be better if they made it clear they were located at Quarry Bay MTR station, not North Point

Having the outdoor pool is fantastic and the location is easy to get to.

n/a

- Near the MTR station and trim station - Since we went there for my boyfriend's birthday, staying only a day, the staff nicely and surprisingly upgraded the room to a better one! I think it is subject to availability. Still feel grateful for the hospitality. - The room is big and tidy.

• Two Connecting Superior Rooms with City View

The only thing I would have changed about this hotel was that the swimming pool was rather cold, and whilst the outside temperatures during our stay were high due to the volume of high rise buildings around the hotel the sun could not filter through as much making it feel even cooler in the water. The pool really should be heated to make it more comfortable for the users.

Having moved hotels because the first one we booked was so awful this hotel was refreshingly pleasing, the room we had was spacious for Hong Kong, clean, and comfortable, and my family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. It was in a good location with the Mtr just across the road and a few restaurants and grocery store within a few minutes walk, along with busses and trams that from ran outside the hotel, making travelling around Hong Kong very easy.

Internet not great

I really liked this hotel and this was my 3rd hotel in HK for an extended business trip. I chose it because it was value for money. The ambiance was good. Room was Excellent. I had a renovated room on the 30th Floor. Yes its a little out there by MTR is right across the road and a taxi costs HKD 75 to major areas in HK Island.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

we stayed 9 nights , some days found the room not totally cleaned, and wrongly counted an item in the mini bar we didn't drink. Next time MUST check before you stay. (its rarely happen actually) However, its easily solved by the front counter staff.

front desk staff efficient, and location is good and convenient.

• Suite with Partial Harbour View

I cant stand that band in the bar... and it is TOO LOUD!!!

This hotel is in a great location, the Quarry Bay MTR is basically across the road and the tram runs by the front door. Taikoo place is just up the road and has some great restaurants and bars and outdoor spaces. The upstairs restaurant is very old fashioned Hong Kong food but is a REAL TREAT! Be adventurous, you wont regret it.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The pool would have been great if it was heated. No mirror in the room close enough to the hair dryer which was a pity and no plug point for the hair dryer in the bathroom. Found the language barrier a hinderance when trying to ask for things.

The buffet breakfast was good as we found it difficult to locate any other coffee shops around the area. Only option was Starbucks which is not our favourite. Rooms were clean and bed was comfy.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Wish the thing in the pool that looked like a hot tub actually was a hot tub not just a smaller area of cold water being pushed around.

it was a great place, nice and friendly staff. Location was 20 minute metro from Central (pier to kowloon) and HSBC building , city core. Could take a metro to Jordan (red line) around the the night market or green line to a temple and garden. Everything worth seeing is 20 minutes by metro basically and pool is nice.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

I specifically requested in my search w Booking.com for a location central which this was not. This was quarry bay / north point which was far from where I wanted to stay. I also wanted a pool/ hot tub which this property had but it was not working.

The bed was comfortable and the linens good. I liked that it was a big hotel and that there was good room service

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Swimming pool never gets the sun on it Lacks restaurant local to hotel

Very handy for the MTR and the ding ding trams to go a few stops to the fantastic shops and restaurants

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Under toilet door , the tile is slippery . Better careful . I fell twice . Other than that everything is perfect. Shuttle bus also providedq

Location quiet & near to public transport tram, MTR, bus & taxi . Nice view fr Hotel. Room very spacious & clean .

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The wifi was sometimes slow or unstable, at least in our room.

Good location, very close to the MTR. We were upgraded to a suite, on the top floor, which is very nice. The staff has always been very courteous and friendly (could print visa related papers for free).

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

It was advertised as having a pool available this was shut over the period of our stay, though cool it would have provided a quiet area away from the lobby and the bussle to be able to sit and read etc, the only place for this was in the rooms not ideal. The internet in the rooms was patchy and also the hairdryer was not easily found. Saying the above it did not spoil the say just not what I expected from such a good hotel.

I thought the staff in the hotels good, the hotel comfortable, the dinner good value at the buffet with a lovely surprise of free lobster for both the wife and myself. The rooms had a great view of the harbour and was quiet in the rooms in the evenings inside the hotel allowing for relaxation. It was conviently near a metro station so travel was not an issue and the reception desk was very polite and efficient. After my stay I e-mailed the hotel with the problems I felt from below and got a reply within the day (this said I like in the same timezone) to address my issues, so I cannot be more impressed on the level of responsiveness of the hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Wi-Fi didn't work at all, even tough the staff kindly tried to help and provided a router. However, I wasn't able to use hotel's Wi-Fi internet at all. Mini bar could be more diverse. Outlets are located too far from the bed.

Great location, friendly stuff, spacious room, f&b service

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Perhaps, since we are staying 4 nights this round, there was no need to log on to the wifi again each day we are there. It's a very minor issue.

We love the location. It's close the Quarry Bay MTR and getting to the places of interests was very convenient and easy. The surrounding area has decently good eateries and it's away from crown during off peak hours. This is my second time staying in this hotel and will not be my last. The free transport to and fro from Hong Kong Station was a very pleasant surprise and hassle free!

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The wifi was terrible. For a nice hotel in hong kong I would have expected better. It was slow and kept dropping out.

Other than the wifi and the pool still being closed (even tho it said it would be open on website) the service was good

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The funeral parlour next door 🙂☝️

we like the room, we like the service n the manner of all the staffs. The hotel location is very convenient with MTR close by n the shops. One thing I really like is the viewing of the sea👍

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

good value for money. Rooms are generally bigger than other hotels which is rare for the price. Location is slightly out of the way and one has to catch a tram or MRT or bus to get to most places. Only drawback is you cant talk to popular places

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Some feedback: hotel may want to upgrade toiletries. Basic shampoo and conditioner as well as earbuds/comb would be nice.

Clean and comfy room. Good bed.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

We stayed in the Rambler Garden hotel on our outward journey to Hong Kong so this hotel felt like a palace after that!! So we were happy with everything, no problems.

Clean comfortable room. Good view, however misty on the two days we were there but on a clear day I must be lovely. A short walk from the MTR so all of Hong Kong is accessible.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Service , attitude of staff , size of bed, I am 6 ft had to sleep at angle as bed too small , state of bathroom , sink and bath had draining problems , WC did not flush properly , shower curtain rail hanging off , buffet dinner worst value in Hong King at $398 a person and only water to drink .

Near MTR and Tram stop

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The prices for food and drinks in the restaurant and bar were very high ($$$$) for the quality and atmosphere, and the bar was freezing cold! Personal taste only, but the pillows were awful. I really don't recommend the Nachos, unless you like Doritos and a thin blue cheese sauce.

The room was luxurious by Hong Kong standards. Clean fluffy comforters, large work desk, nice fridge and amenities, and attractive decor. Albert, the concierge, was especially helpful to us, and all the staff were quick and polite with anything we asked for. The shuttle to City Plaza shopping was really useful, and always punctual and efficient. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Hong Kong.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The room was a bit dated and the hotel needs some renovations!

Great location near subway and bus, big and comfy room, breakfast with Chinese and Western options was good, too. Friendly staff and clean!

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The first room we were offered smelled cause of smoke (at a non-smoking floor), but room was changed immediately. Staff was not able to print an invoice of our stay...

Nice view to the hills in 30th floor

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Room was very cold. I notified the front desk but nothing was done about it. As we were out for most of the time we put up with it, but disappointed in the poor response to our complaint. Also, the 'Buy one get one free' offer at happy hour was misleading. I asked for two small draught beers but was brought two large. I assumed that one was free so did not make a fuss. However, when I got the bill I was charged for two large beers ( HK$209 ) and informed that the next two were free. We did not wish to stay for any more as we were going out. It was the most expensive drink I have ever had - and that was supposed to be 'happy hour'. Needless to say, they lost our custom after that.

Convenient location.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Very few plugs available in common spaces

Harbour plaza is fantastic the staff is very kind and helpful the rooms are very big and the beds are super confortable.Location has also become very good with the new purple tseu kwan o line that takes you to Hang Hau in 10 minutes and from there green buses to Saikung and Clearwater Bay

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The shuttle bus to airport was not that reliable, it would be great if a detailed timetable could be provided.

The hotel is really close to the subway station, only takes another 10-15min to the central area.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Considering it isn't the cheapest of hotels and not super central, I was disappointed that we had to pay extra for things like a plug adapter. These days I expect multi use plugs in rooms or at least adapters to be provided. Also need to pay extra if you want to use more than 2 devices on the WiFi.

Staff were amazing. Extremely helpful and polite. Super close to MTR station (Quarry Bay).

• Special Offer - Superior Double or Twin Room with City View and Free Wifi

Rooms were clean. Bathroom and mini bar were well stocked. The room I stayed in had a nice sea view. Breakfast has all the common options nothing out of the oridinary

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The room was. very small it did not match the size menshen in the site I reserve my stay for 3 person but the room was not enogh even for 2 person with lageg this is the worst place I stay in

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

When we tried to use the shuttle from the airport to the hotel, we were told we were 5 minutes too late for the last shuttle. However we had been waiting at the desk (which had been unattended) for more than 5 minutes. When we said this to the man who had returned to the desk he argued with us about how long we had been waiting. Pretty bad first impression of the hotel. Thankfully the other aspects of the hotel were good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Not much restaurant and things to do around hotel at night feel dark and quiet. Many time at night when shower water turn cold.

Nice king size bed,hotel room is big compare other newer hotel,close to subway.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

From the price you get for the room is quite a good deal. Depends which room you stay in. You still got a pretty good sea view. The location is quite convenience, 7 Eleven is round the block, starbuck coffee is right opposite the hotel

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Laundry prices were high but I guess that’s normal and there are plenty of cheaper places around; we used one of those. Really there was nothing else!

The location was excellent -it was right opppsite Quarry Bay MTR entrance, and there were other good tram and bus links if you didn’t want to take the MTR. There were plenty of coffee shops, small eateries and a few bars within easy walking distance. The room was larger than I expected and had a great view over the sea. The shower was really good, the whole place was very clean and the bed was comfy. There was a small fridge in the room, which was handy. Staff were friendly and there was even a small gym in the basement that I used a few times.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Not much to see around the area. Takes around 10mins to have restaurant. Very quiet street after 6pm.

Hotel is very easy to find, opposite to quarry Bay mtr station. Check in process very smooth, managers were able to keep people in line and allow discipline. Rooms were spacious. Bed was very comfortable.

Staff were amazing, instant upgrade, couldn't do more. Great location walk to mtr across road and tram out front. 15 min to central and 25 to downtown Kowloon. Nice and quiet in surrounding area not in the hustle but close enough. Fabulous Chinese restaurant on site. Views of the Harbour, very clean and comfortable. Gary on the front desk was outstanding and the cleaning staff were fantastic and so friendly. Thankyou for a wonderful carefree time

Wifi is slow.

The room is spacious, the staff are friendly and helpful, very good restaurant, close to MTR, shuttle to Tai Koo Shing, very convenient as bus stop right outside hotel

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Side Harbour View

Breakfast a bit costly Suits to Fareast populace If you were a Western and preferred to have something you accostumed to Have a meal outside

It is a plush superb facility May be the best in the area

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Title of the hotel said Harbour Plaza North Point so got off the mtr at North Point to actually discover the hotel is on the next step Quarry Bay. Extremely frustrating as we had luggages with us. Room was freezing disputes changing the air to pump heat. When we booked we thought breakfast was included but it wasn't.

Room had a good view of the harbour

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Would have been better if the restaurant was a little more affordable (bit pricey!)

Comfy and clean rooms- plenty of space! Staff were friendly and helpful (allowed us to check-in early)

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Bathroom is clean for the most part. Toilet wasn't cleaned properly.

Great location. MTR and buses within a minute. Good and affordable eats nearby. Room is clean and comfortable.

• Special Offer - Superior Double or Twin Room with City View and Free Wifi

Unhappy staffs. Didn't see any of the staffs smiling apart from housekeepers. Frontdesk and breakfast staffs were all gloomy and not friendly.

Close to bus stops and stations

Not complaints

Good service, staff willing to help you, for me great because is close to where I normally go,,for tourist a little bit far from main spots, but MTR(subway) is right accross the street.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Too near the Funeral Parlour and dividing wall between rooms too flimsy. Could hear all the talking, laughing of next door.

The room rate is reasonable and transportation convenient for short Hong Kong stay.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The hotel is getting old, the room could need a bit of refurbishment. But for a four star hotel on Hong Kong Island the rate was good.

The location is good with less than a five minute walk to the nearest subway station and the room was quiet and the bed comfortable. The free shuttle from Hong Kong station worked very well.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

I always stay in this hotel every time I come to HK its my "home" already. BUT this time A good stay spoilt by NOISY Visiting STUDENTS - running in the hallway, talking so loud. I was very disappointed and irritated that despite my complaint with the Front Desk to caution these rowdy female young students Front Desk did not take action to keep these hooligans quiet. The hotel should have sent their security to reprimand and discipline these students or offered to move me to another room/floor but nothing happened.

Expensive restaurants.

The hotel was very convenient for the tram and the MTR. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I didn’t use any of the restaurants as I felt they were expensive but there were plenty of cheaper places to eat in the locality. 2 for 1 offer in the early evening made the bar reasonable value.

• Special Offer - Superior Double or Twin Room with City View and Free Wifi

Nothing really to not like. Property is a little tired maybe. One very minor annoying thing - All the food in the evening buffet is taken away about 15 minutes before the stated closing time, which is a bit annoying if you have no choice but to be eating late. It would be better to say the closing time is earlier.

Clean, comfortable, good value, friendly staff. If I need to be in this part of town, then it is my first choice.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The hotel is a bit dated and hotel rooms including bathroom are small, however everything seems clean and staff are nice.

The location is excellent and price is reasonable, we got the room on special. All public transport options are available eg. MTR, trams and buses. Hotel offers free shuttle service to nearby Taikoo Shing and other places. There is a supermarket and Starbucks across the road. As well as some small eateries and bakeries nearby.

• Suite with Partial Harbour View

The Staff were very helpful and our room was cleaned to a high standard everyday. The children loved the swimming pool. The Evening Buffet was perfect for all the family and once again our young daughters aged 6 & 5 enjoyed all the desserts especially the chocolate fountain and ice cream. This is a very good Hotel and you cannot better especially for price and size of rooms. We come to Hong Kong every year and the Hotel is a great place to stay its close to MTR and Trams etc. and just enough away from the centre to enable you to relax after sightseeing or business. (suite room harbour view 26th floor)

Near the MTR station.

There is no razor provides and also no phone charging plug. I have to pay 30 dollars to buy from the hotel. The mattress is in poor condition you can feel there is a hole somewhere in the middle. Although the room is bigger than average in this area, but is not a good shopping or eating location. There is a funeral parlor next door!

• Special Offer - Superior Double or Twin Room with City View and Free Wifi

Room is bigger than commonly hotel. There is a kitchen room, living room, dining room, big bedroom and big bathroom. Everything is big and clean Breakfasts is good

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Side Harbour View

Not having a selection of different cuisine in the' Green's' Restaurant.

Very spacious room with good facilities, home from home. We were very close to the MTR ( their equivalent of our underground) which made it really easy to explore the city .However there were not any restaurants nearby and we did not use the hotels dining facilities partly because we did not like the particular cuisine which was on offer and also the cost of the breakfast which we felt was quite expensive. We used Starbucks across the road from the hotel for breakfast. As we were visiting our daughter we tended to eat out with her on many occasions sampling all variety of cusinie from Turkish,Thai, traditional Chinese and Mexican around many of the Hong Kong restaurants and drinking on roof top bars for amazing views. I recommend anyone travelling to Hong Kong to seriously consider this hotel even though the food wasn't to our liking.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Wi fi was horrible, they solve my connection problem (and not completly) after more than 2 weeks I was there. I have also to change room but didn't help.

The position of the hotel is very good and the restaurant inside is also quite good. Staff members try to be helpful, at least most of them.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

- In-room internet was not properly functioning over all 4 days, apparently overloaded. - Pool overcrowded over this period - Small-ish gym on the lower level is accessible by 1 lift, incurring long waits

+ Stay was over very busy Chinese National Day; when I arrived late in the evening, I was given a room upgrade. + Pool open until 9 pm + Live band at the bar.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

WIFI is appalling Room cleaning is variable Willingness of staff to listen to problems is based on their attempt to justify hotel policy and putting their heads in the sand

Ease of Access to MTR Size of room

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The room decor was dated. Once of our rooms had a kitchenette but it was not available for use. We also requested for connecting rooms but it was not available.

Although the furnishing were dated but it was functional. The location was excellent.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The breakfast could do with a bit more creativity, the spread is quite limited for some palates.

The location is the best. The airport bus drops you off literally at the door of the hotel. It’s walking distance to the MTR station, and right next to the harbour. The rooms are very comfy and the staff quite friendly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Rooms are old and need refurb. Some of reception staff members (2 ladies) are very rude. Hotel is out of centre, but easy access with mtr to centre.

Great value for money. Nice firm beds. Good size rooms.

• Suite with Partial Harbour View

View of the harbour not quite as advertised. Partial view would be more accurate. 3pm late check out is not available due to high occupancy.

One bed suite was large, full kitchen, dining for 4, sitting area. Hotel is well appointed, furnished in a nineties style, lots of varnished wood and rich fabrics.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

air conditioner, smell of old furniture in the room

pleasant reception, shuttle to the airport, close to metro; was not able to check the pool due to heavy rains during my stay

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The buffet lunch was a bit short on those tasty items

Great stay, the rooms are larger than most similar hotels and nicely fitted out with a comfortable bed and great view from the window. Everything is clean and smart and has that new look. The buffet lunch is a bit of a disappointment but the Chinese restaurant one floor up is excellent. The large swimming pool is a big attraction. The hotel is a bit far off being in Quarry Bay but the MTR is 200m away and plenty of other transport alternatives along the Kings Road.

• Two Connecting Superior Rooms with City View

They really were not enforcing the non-smoking policy on our supposedly non-smoking floor. I realize it's difficult to make mainlanders adhere to the smoking rules, but the hotel really needs to do something about this. On our first two nights, all you could smell in the corridors (and our rooms!) was smoke from our neighbors across the hallway. Also, whoever is managing housekeeping needs to pay a bit more attention to detail. There was a thick layer of dust on top of the phone in the bathroom, as well as coffee stains and splashes on the exterior of our trash cans in both the bedroom and the living room.

We asked for an iron and an ironing board, and housekeeping was very quick to bring them up to our room. The location was great, you just had to cross the street to get to the MTR. Air conditioning in the room was strong, which is necessary in Hong Kong.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Would be nice to have someone available to help with luggage. Need to go up a floor to lobby check-in. This was difficult going up escalator having a few luggages.

When we arrived we were upgraded to a suite. So that was a great start! Overall a nice hotel with good value for money. The standard Wifi speed was very slow - unusable. But they helped with that by giving us a separate router so we cld have decent connection.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

As I know local phone calls are free of charge if you make it at a home, I was surprised the hotel charged a little fees per phone call. I was a little annoyed I was asked to pay for that. But at the end they let me not to pay. Happy ending :)

The bed is very comfortable. I love it there's free water bottle everyday. The free shuttle service to the nearby areas which I used a lot.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The air in the room was not fresh, like in a cellar. The wi-fi was not stable and disconnected many times, on top of the need to register every day again. No armchair in the room

The pool hours were very convenient, and allowed me to swim before going to work. The bell boys were very helpful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Did not find any dislikes

Located very close to metrostation, but still no nice from traffic. Hotel offered me an upgrade to a suite, so plenty of room for the price.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Telephone Operator particularly Housekeeping need to train Telephone Etiquette.

Customer service oriented especially to mentioned Guest Services Manager Ms Rowena Tam who is one of asset in the Hotel.

Browse Harbour Plaza North Point traveller photo gallery