Reviews of HK Star Hostel 1 stars

3.5

3.6

4.1

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Please don't stay in this hostel.

Please don't stay in this hostel. The owner are very rude. And they will charge you alot of money saying you booked a room without restroom and they will upgrade the room if you add 300hkd 😔 It will just ruin your HK Trip.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

DO NOT BOOK TO THIS HOTEL
    • Family Room

EVERYTHING is the worst! We reserved 8 people but they only booked for 5 people (did not count the kids), they were charged us a lot of extra payment. The room was so small, and not clean and comfortable at all! Everyday, people are arguing with the hotel staff because they give extra charges. Very disappointing.

Chungking Mansion is at the center of the city, very accessible to metro and bus stations, shops, and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

This could be the worse hostel that I had stay in my life.
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Better customer service skills, more space in rooms. Keep the place clean.

This could be the worse hostel that I had stay in my life. A guy who could be the owner doesn't have any manners to deal with customers.

The hostel was so cheap and it's what you'd expect...

Air con didn't work in our room and if you want a classy stay, its not your place. The building it was in was full of people trying to sell you their hotel so you have to be comfortable with this, but the room felt safe.

The hostel was so cheap and it's what you'd expect for it. We got upgraded to a room with an ensuite which was a nice touch. Great location too - very central to Hong Kong so great for travelers. It did the job!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

I like the staff especially the woman from taiwan.

I book online and the information are not detailed and not clear enough. When we get there the hotel told us that the room has no toilet but if we switch to a room with a private bathroom then we have to add 500 HK dollars. Honestly, the toilet smells bad at night.

I like the staff especially the woman from taiwan. She’s approachable.

Disappointed
    • Family Room

The room fits gud for 4person however it smells bad, aircon is nt workng well. Towels smells bad plus the water frm the bathroom run inside the room, we ask for a rug bt they dnt have any, and we pay much higher compare to the one that we book. If i came back to hk i wnt book to this place anymore. We are so disappointed!

Nothing 😣😣😣

Do not book in this hotel. They will scam you!!!

Staff was rude, place is not secured, room was not clean with used and smelly sheets, they said that they accept credit card but asked us to pay thru cash before we arrived or they'll cancel our booking. They're always fighting with all of their customers. They hold one customer's passport unless he paid for his whole stay. Beds are very small which would only fit a small child. Bathrooms are smelly and unclean.

Location of the hostel is great!
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Facilities are not good and some staff are very rude.

Location of the hostel is great! - you can walk to almost all touristic attractions of Kowloon side. Also it is quite cheap.

Rude staff
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The staff was really rude the guy who cleans the rooms was really bad humor and the staff in the front is just trying to get your money they don't let me put the big laugagge in the room and I sopouse to pay 50 $ hk to keep it just in front of reception that's stupid, the rooms smell bad

The ubication was good

Book it for once in a lifetime experience or tight budget.
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

1. Have to pay for $100 deposit for the key to the room. 2. No air conditioner in a 9 persons room. 3. Warm water for shower only serves in a certain short time period. 4. Limited access to the wifi inside the room. 5. No reception after 12pm. No free lugguages keeping service, instead it charges $30 for one piece before 10 pm which is the latest time. After then, they said they will not take care of it anymore. 6. Dampe sheet and pillow. 7. Cardboard mattress. 8. Potential safety and security risk. The room I lived has four bunk beds which is supposed a 8 persons room, but they placed one more mattress on the ground as a bed in the middle of the tiny room, surrounding by 4 bunks. Moreover, they even placed one in the corner of the aisle. The door can be kept opening and will not trigger the alarm. 9. Lack of ventilation. Only a fan avaiable in a 9 persons room, no air conditioner. We have to open the windows and door for ventilation. I lived in early May and still felt a bit muggy. Can't imagine who could stand the heat living in the room in summer. 10. The capacity of the lift is so little that the logers have to stand in a long queue to wait at busy hour. I bet you don't want to wait for over 5 min to get in the lift after a full long exhausted travelling day. 11. Poor sanitation. I don't see any cleaner. I even highly doubted they did not exchange the sheet because I found some dirty strange things on it. 12. The last not the least. I did not see they got a room for girls only when I booked it. Maybe they have but I live the room with other 8 guys this time. Though they are nice guys and pretty polite and gentle, it is still a bit inconvenient to live with guys. Especially when the room is so small and narrow.

1. Just need 5 mins to walk down to the subway station from the hostel. 2. $89 for one person one night even on holiday. 3. Intertesting roommates. Lucky that I met some funny guys who are quite talktive and have a good sense of hummor. It is a good way to meet new people but it also depends.

50 HK$ for storing your valuables.
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

50 HK$ for storing your valuables...PER DAY is ridiculous. Nightshift guy screaming at my friend, because she asked when the hot water is coming on, so loudly that you could hear it on the street, insane man! Horrible air in the rooms

Near by MTR station.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff (old lady) was rude, very rude. By the regulation, I have right to take 2 bath towels/ day but she gave only 2 times for 6 days stay. Anyway, towels did smell so fresh, it was like somebody smoke cigarettes on it. She also refused to give extra toilet paper. Be prepare for smelly bed sheet, pillows... But like other says: maybe we get for what we pay

Near by MTR station. Young lady was nice. She gave us a chance to change a higher room which was not so humidity.

The place is horrible
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The old man at the reception sounds so rude. He can’t even speak proper English. He keeps shouting and says something bad about who my room mates would be and try to convince me to get a better room. The dormitory room is dirty. I found some roaches. For some reason our floor on the room is always wet and there is no bathroom mat to even wipe it. No tissues in the room bath room.

Location is good.

Terrible experience! Bad impression of HK.
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The receiption staff is very rude! Terrible condition & attitude! I booked the hotel room for my friend, but it really sad to hear my friend’s voice record which recorded the conversation between him & the hotel staff! My friend & other guests will send a complain letter to HKCBA.

just stay away from this hostel....so much trouble if youre not patient enough
    • Family Room

the reception personnel are very rude, they will charge you more, they will let you pay for the bathroom, and tell you that the bathroom is very far if you will not add, just stay away from this hostel, it was cheap but will charge you more than you expected.

I did not everything about the hostel...really sucks and more hidden charges

They pre-authorised my card and did not refund until I check out. I need to pay extra HK300 for attached bathroom eventhough during the booking process, bathroom is included. Very rude reception! Don’t ever book this hotel. Trust me.

Disgusting
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

I didnt like the most is they mixing males and females in 1 room. They dont respect the privacy.

I liked it because it is accessible to the place where i went and their wifi connection is good.

Not like what's presented in their photos. If you're on tight budget go and take risk.

Accommodation. We're group of 6pax. We reserved 2 rooms. One for 2 persons and a family room for 4. Specified that 2 single beds and 2 twin beds be given. Upon arrival what was shown us was a tiny room with double deck beds and tiny space to move around. Toilets you will have to share with 28 other guests. We requested room change and gave us a room with 2 twin beds and private toilet + 1 extra bed for the price we paid for 2 rooms we booked. Additional hk$600 for luggage good for 6days and Php2000 refundable deposit for the room key.A/C not working. If you want towels everyday you have to ask reception. Toiletries like Shampoo,soap toothpaste etc you have to buy from them if you need one. Refunded us HK$200 upon check out for the Php2000 deposit we paid.

There's free water. Hot and cold. Near MTR and night markets, mall and park Also walking distance to kowloon ferry terminal if you're planning to go to Macau.

Charged 30HKD to keep my luggage for 2 hours before check in.

Charged 30HKD to keep my luggage for 2 hours before check in. Then they made me go twice to my room (11th story in an other block, with one elevator not working and carrying my luggage, about 30 minutes) because their key wasnt working. They finally switched me to a room with a working key and when I got in I realised that they never changed the sheets (their weir stains and hairs on the sheets and the pillow) After all this, they never wanted to give me a refund as I decided I would not stay there.

YOU DESERVE A MORE COMFORTABLE STAY!

Very narrow place. Is very very far beyond expectation. I travel in a group of 6 and i booked TWO rooms with 3 bed each room for 8 nights. But of course with a fairly reasonable price. When we checked in, receptionist told us the rooms was separated into two blocks which are far away from each others and she offered us to stay in one "BIG" room with 6 beds and washroom attached but with additional HKD 100 per PERSON per NIGHT. This is very terrible. I booked two rooms at the same time but I do not understand why two rooms are separated into two building blocks? What come into my mind is this is just their tricks to earn more from the travellers? Eventually we accepted the so called "BIG ROOM" but we only paid extra HKD 100 per person, which is different from what she mentioned just now. This made me feels that my thought might be correct. Not only that, we stepped in the hostel at around 12.45pm and she insisted that can only at 2pm. We were so hungry and asked whether can we placed our luggage at their receptionist. Guess what, to place ONE luggage at their reception place, it costs you HKD 30 each. This was not reasonable AT ALL! Nightmare came when we entered to that "BIG" room. It was a double decker beds with single bed each and another bed is not even queen size bed, i would only call it a super single bed. The walkway can only fit one person and definitely has no place for your luggages. Toilet of course is small as well, and when you turn on the tap water, water will flows out to the bed areas walkway. This is horrible and terrible. How can this room fit 6 persons? I have no ideas. Also, we believe the room was not hygiene enough because we have red rashes on our body after we slept on the beds. There is only ONE LIFT to bring you to your floor and it can only accommodate around 10 people. You will need to queue in order to enter the lift, which can easily take you around 15-20 minutes.

NONE

all not good most especially the staff name Lee the lady in...
    • Family Room

all not good most especially the staff name Lee the lady in the front office and these hostels are a liar from the page the photo is not real and winter we need heater 2 night for Hk 3,800 and I want to withdraw my money to change another hotel they say can't not but the international law can cancel only will change but not all my money that's why we have no choose

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

You get get what you paid for. The staff was rude. Only curtains separate the room from the shower.
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower heater is scheduled from 9am to 12midnight. We had to use the shower before 9am most of the time and it was freezing cold. We originally booked the shared bathroom room, and they upgraded us to a private room with bathroon for an additional 400 hkd, saying that 20 plus people will share the bathroom. When we were there, we never saw other people who used the shared bathroom. I guess they lied.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

good instructions for there whereabouts.

not that accomodating,since we went there in a cold weather their heater for water should have been readily and easily used but their's has a schedule but their schedule is too late for someone like us who are there for a vacation we need to go early and we were not instructed about it.

good instructions for there whereabouts. It is near the center of the city.

Dont book on this property, just look for another one within Chungking Mansion.

Look for another one in Chungking Mansion. Room is very small, water is leaking from AC, very rude old guy, He keeps on shouting at us and we had a very bad experience with him. False advertisement, do not be deceived by the price posted on booking site. Room doesnt have bathroom, they will charge you for it. I wont recommend this property and regret that I booked on them. Dont make a good experience at risk.

Property is in a good location for shopping and no need to worry for forex. Place is near Mtr and bus stop.

You get what you pay for
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Suggest to install more hooks on the wall in the toilet to hang towel and clothes.

I would recommend this. Just manage your expectations - you get what you pay for. We were told the aircon temperature is already set at 25 degrees, which is way too warm for us, so we had to endure with it.

worst
    • Double or Twin Room

the place is bad as i booked a twin room but given a bunk room and the personale there is super rude.i ask when different he say no it is the same .he try to cheat me when he change me to a single room and claim is double till i call bookign.com they change but still the room got dead smell

Worst stay ever
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Manager was very rude. He was not happy with the price you gave me. I was overcharged. Had to phone from outside for him to let me into the room. Could not wait to leave.

Leaving on the morning. Worst hostel experience ever

The place is near to almost everything.
    • Family Room

We were ask to pay additional 400hkd because she told told us that the toilet is to be shared by 20 people.. so if we want a toilet that will just be for us, then we pay. Very frustrating because we thought we were able to get a good deal.. it was just a joke.

The place is near to almost everything.. even the night market

That is all we needed.
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Noicy environment outside the hostel.

Tiny room but clean, comfy bed but no window and a bit damp. TV in room and hot water. Location is excellent. Staffs at reception are very friendly.

Don't book here
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

No clean sheet, no blanket, a suspicious pillow, the floor was flooding, bed are too small, the room was smelling rotten, the AC was freezing, it was noizy, the bathroom was BEYOND DISGUSTING...

...

This is a budget, friendly hostel right in the heart of tsim sha tui
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

It may be a bit difficult to find because it is not very clearly marked.

This is a budget, friendly hostel right in the heart of tsim sha tui, in a perfect area in Hong Kong for me! It is 1 min walk to the metro station and the buses to and from the airport and the rest of Hong Kong so it's easily accessible. The rooms were clean and tidy. nice common room. new mattress. ask at reception if ur room s with windows coz some rooms don't have.

They are fraud. They didn't return my security deposit 100HKD

They are fraud. They didn't return my security deposit 100HKD

They are fraud. They didn't return my security deposit 100HKD Everything is so bad, rooms are smelly and toilet OMG! Please don't go, guys. The people are hopeless and fraud.

Disaster hotel
    • Family Room

Everything. False advertisement. I booked a room with shower. I picked 1 room with 2 double beds. We came and they charged us more than the amount we booked with booking.com, then told us our room has no shower. We asked for a room with shower, asked additional $600. The old chinese guy at the reception is the most arrogant receptionist I've ever encountered. Cussed when we tried to explain our side. Very, very poor customer service. It was traumatic for my first time traveler friends. He would close the reception everytime we approach. No towels and toiletries. Room smelled. Door leaked. We were given 2 bunk beds in a very small room. Disaster. In the morning we asked the manager to transfer us, which he did. Moved us to a room with 2 single beds for 4 people. I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE BOOKING THIS HOTEL ESPECIALLY FOR FILIPINOS. THE OLD CHINESE GUY RECEPTIONIST IS A RACIST AND VERY ARROGANT. THEIR AD IS FALSE. THEY WILL ASK FOR ADDITIONAL FEES ON TOP OF THE PRICE ORIGINALLY BOOKED. WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL EVEN IF THIS IS THE VERY LAST IN HONGKONG. BOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Hotel is walking distance from the bus and mtr stations, shopping mall and star ferry pier.

If you have more options. Don't book to this hostel. Not clean. Staffs are not nice. Poor service.
    • Double or Twin Room

We paid extra 200 hkd because the front desk told us that our room has no private cr. We have to share with other tenants. We paid extra 10% i dont know why. The hostel was not clean. The staff were not nice to us. Kept on yelling while explaining.

Free hot and cold water. But we don't know if it is clean or not. Since the hostel was not clean.

You win some you loose some.
    • Double or Twin Room

The TV only has 4 local channels. They said that guests can store their luggage at the front desk but they will charge you HKD30 for it. The room was so cramped and the spring bed is no longer in good condition, worst is that I woke up the next morning having multiple insect bites. After the first day we can no longer make the hot shower work.

The location of the Hotel was best for shoppers. Its located along the main thorofare. Just a few minutes walk to the bust stop and MTR or one can just wave for a taxi anytime. Even the harbor is more or less just a kilometer away.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Dissapointment

The room was smelling wierd, at night there was an annoying buzzing sound from an electronic switchboard in the room. Despite the room being cleaned everyday, everything was dirty all the time. The towel they gave looked like it was being used for years to remove oil from car parts in a garage. The room was also really small and the bed uncomfortable, The building where the hotel is located was horrible, many middle-eastern and indian vendors tried either to sell stuff or scam me. They bothered me everytime I walked by.

Despite the hidden location, the hotel offered a very good explanation how to reach it. The location itself was conveniently close two big MTR stations and the Ferries.

Utterly horrific.
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

For starters it was really hard to find, I had to ask many different people for directions. When i arrived there was no one to be seen at reception for about 10 minutes, and i thought i'd got the wrong place. The staff were unfriendly and impatient. When i was finally showed my dorm, the beds were infested, there was mould on the walls, the beds were rock-hard and there was a constant dampness in the air. They lied about having lockers which meant i had to sleep with everything on my person. If i was staying for more than one night i would've found somewhere else. The atmosphere was hostile which was a contribting factor to my lack of sleep, i was so alert. It was like staying in a mouldy prison cell.

Stay there at your own risk

Toiletries were supposed to be provided (according to booking, at least), but there was nothing, not even soap. Also, the staff was not so friendly. When you I asked a question about money, instead of explaining, they start to wiggle around it.

The location was great. My room was old and everything in there was old, too, but at least it was decently clean (except for air-conditioner, it was really dirty).

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

So so
    • Family Room

The area downstairs was too crowded. Elevators are so small. And we only arrived with 2 single beds (I requested 2 bunk beds since were 4 and paid for 4 pax). We ended up sharing beds. 2 pax per bed

What was nice about the hostel is that it is near MTR station and is in the center of the city

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Don't book this hotel. It's a joke.
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

During my first night in the hostel, I was so scared because when I reached the Chunking Mansions, there were few Indians who approached me and offered rooms, it was scary on how they approached me. Anyway, let's talk about the room. The room is not nice, the bed sheets, pillows and the blanket smells shit, plus the tissues are not clean. The bathroom is not clean, has cockroaches and there is a schedule for shower heater until 10 am and also for the air conditioner. (The owner turns off the electric power for air conditioner and shower heater.) When I reached the counter, I met the owner and the assistant. First, he asked for a full payment for three days. So I payed HK$204 dollars because it was already posted in my bookings, I was shocked because they asked another HK$26 for web page fee (?). So I payed it so I can get the room. After it, they asked another HK$100 for the deposit of the key card. So I gave them a total of HK$330 and then they give me the receipt. However, he keep on asking money from me and it took me 40-50 minutes to get my room. We argued because he was rude and can't understand English well. Please avoid this person. When I get the room, the first thing I noticed was the bad smell of the room. In the room, if you're alone and you booked a dormitory type room, you'll be surrounded with strangers. I stayed for three nights and the owner checked the room everyday in any time, so you'll be shocked if he's already in front of you while you're still sleeping. Rude right? When I stayed hostel in Singapore, it was nice, there was a free breakfast and unlimited coffee every morning. But in HK HOSTEL, don't expect anything free except the drinking water. The water doesn't taste good, so don't drink it. (When I checked out, I saw couples who complained about the room and want to refund their money but the owner didn't gave any.

What I only like in the hostel was the free WiFi and the free not-so- good water.

Not worth it

The staff was incredibly rude, they didn't care about any of clients, I heard from other guests there was constant yelling at the reception because every single client was ripped off in one way or another (only pay in cash, otherwise they charge your credit card twice and tell you it's your fault because you booked it twice or something and refuse to refund you!). The first night I was requested to take a different room since the one I booked wasn't ready yet, with the promise to change it next morning. Next morning, when I got back with all my luggage (the first room was in another block of the building, 5min walk from the reception) to get the new room, I knocked on the door of the reception booth and got yelled at for being too early (it was 8:15am and I had to leave for an appointment, yet they told me it's a 24h reception), the guy just told me to leave my stuff on the hallway (unprotected, available for anyone who passes by, even other residents of the building) and come back in the evening, and yelled repeatedly to literally go f* myself and called me crazy for waking him up and causing him problems, even though none of that would have happened if they provided me the right room the first night already. Terrible, terrible service, if they decide to rip you off and you find it out, they just yell at you, call you a liar or plainly ignore you (I've seen it with other guests). If you say you'll call the police, they don't care, because they are all connected and corrupted, I asked a security of the building to help me out with my case but he just ignored me and couldn't care less. The lady at the check out was somehow nicer, but the guys that were there were just plainly the worst receptionists I've ever met, even though they charge you 10% "service fee" at check-in. The "worst service ever fee" that was.

Other guests that I met. Location.

Worst hotel very arrogant the owner dirty room bed is not...

Worst hotel very arrogant the owner dirty room bed is not comfortable smelly room we booked 3 rooms they gave me 2 rooms false advertisement not the actual room 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

AVOID THIS PLACE, FOR REAL
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

the staff are so rue, cursing and so cold, the next day they charged me one night rate , because I came late to chekh out for 30 minutes, one night rate for 30 minutes late, as i WAS STUCK IN THE RAIN OUTSIDE, AND NOBODY EVEN INFORMED ME ABOUT CHECKING OUT TIME ON MY ARRIVAL THEY DIDNT EVEN CALL ME EVEN i HAVE A LOCAL PHONE NUMBER,,, WHEN i EXPLAINED THEY BEACAME SO RUDE AND ANGRY, i FOUND THEM FIGHTING WITH ANOTHER COUPLDE, FROM WHOME THEY TRY TO GET MORE MONEY, I even recorded a video about the whole story THE ROOM IS SO DIRTY, SMALL, SMEELY , THE AIRCON IS NOISY AND MOLDY, I changed my hostel the same day to another plce near by called day and night hostel and its just perfect, good staff, spacious dorme and REALLY REALLY CLEAN ,

nothing, its a disaster

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Big scammers , horrible rooms and very rude owners!!!!

Beware horrible rooms,Very rude staff , don't show the room before checking in and photos don't match at all . Big cheaters , forced me to pay other bookings also.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The worst hostel ever.

Dirty, Small, not valuable...the restriom has no door!!!!!!!! The worst hostel ever Staff is not nice, he looks angry all the time. Do not stay here. Trust me ...it sucks.

Location is good, just next to MRT station. That's all

Bedsheets are unclean & used already by others!
    • Double or Twin Room

Room is too far from reception. We had a problem with our key so I had to go down from 11th floor of block E to 3rd floor of Block A! No towel was even provided & bedsheets are used already by someone (hairs & other stains are very visible). I didn't bother to go back to reception again as it's a waste of time!

Dont expect much for this low cost room accomodation
    • Family Room

Receptionist do not accomodate clients well, seems that bedcovers were not changed, location were surrounded by men (better look for other location if you are in group of girls).

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

please don't be such stupid as I was and read this...

please don't be such stupid as I was and read this reviews and don't book this property at all!!!the reviews are all true. that "accommodation" is disaster, it is not hostel , but moldy smelly hole where everything is so bad that you will cry you have to to sleep there. terrible hygiene,insect,smelly unwashed bed sheets,mold all over the room and bathroom,there's no mattrese but only smth like thicker foam met. there's much better places where to stay in this location, even in the same building, just for a bit higher price. I can't believe that booking.com doesn't not have 0 rating, because that's what exactly it is.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Avoid HK Hostel and UK Hostel in Chungking Mansion.
    • Double or Twin Room

First of all, you are attracted by a low rate per room. When you arrive, they tell you the room is not too good and if you want , you can upgrade and ask you double the price. It is not with us only, we witness another client being robbed as well. Room and bathroom really small ( as others in Chunking Mansion). No soap except toilet paper. We book on 3rd floor block A but were sent to Block E , 11th floor. Anything you need go back to Block A, 3rd floor, like towels. No one on block E, 11th floor. You are just given your key and password to enter the building and room. The worst experience in Chungking Mansion.

Apart from the location, NOTHING.

THE WORST STAY IN OUR TRAVEL HISTORY

The staff REQUIRED and FORCED me to pay in cash when I prefer to pay using my credit card. The staff were also very impolite to the point that they shout at us whenever we ask questions. Our family felt so offended by the kind of treatment we received from this hostel. They're not helpful. To top it all, the staff who assisted us to the room was DRUNK!

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

just to sleep it can be suitable

Rooms are too small and dirty ..Dust everywhere, bathroom - mold all around , Bed was very uncomfortable and bed dressing was dirty and with hair on it, A/C wasn't functioning properly, too noisy from other rooms, no even basic amenities in the room - corridors towards the room in the main floor are full of Indians and Pakistani trying to sell you stuff every time you pass by its very uncomfortable

Location is very convenient - Hostel owner is a very nice lady with nice gesture at the end of my stay (She She to her)

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Location is good.But make sure no additional fee next time.
    • Double or Twin Room

What I didnt like is that they charged us additional fee for my kid(daughter)while i declared this on my booking months ago.So ai expected the amount to pay.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Smelly lair

The room smelled like homeless lair. Dirty linen and everything. Anoying receptionist guys. There are at least 20 other 'hotels' in the building. Most of them 30% cheaper and nicer.

Nothing at all.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Family Room

After a long and tiring trip, we were looking forward to a restful night to recharge and begin our Hong Kong experience the following day. Sadly, when we checked-in at the HK Star Hostel, the staff that received us was very rude! He forcefully collected from us payment and told us to leave if we did not pay. We were a bit confused since we booked our room online. No explanation was offered to us and he just told us to get our refund upon check-out. Tired as we were, we gave him money for our rooms so we can go ahead and rest. He then proceeded to lead us to our room, which was only good for three (3) Pax when we booked one for four (4)! The room was seedy, dingy and stinky to say the least! The linens looked and smelled as if they have not been washed! There were no towels and toiletries as promised! When we requested for towels, the staff gave us towelettes that made us itch! The bathroom was so small and water has a tendency to overflow to the room. As it was late, and we would have a hard time getting another room from another hotel, we made do. The following morning, we requested for our room to be made up, but when we came back in the afternoon, the floor was still wet from the water that overflowed from the small bathroom! At check-out, we were not able to get the refund of our balance as promised! The staff that checked us out told us that it was for the 10% Tax. We computed that amount and pointed out that clearly the balance was way more than 10%, the staff told us to look for the person who told us that we would get a refund because she would not! To keep the peace, we left without our money. It really was a nightmare of an experience!

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

I am not satisfy with the hotel!
    • Family Room

The staff isn't friendly and the room isnt the one we book and it is not comfortable at all by how the location of the hostel is near and easy to get the public transport.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

I booked the room with toilet and when i got there, they...
    • Double or Twin Room

I booked the room with toilet and when i got there, they didnt have the room with toilet and gave us other room with shared one. When I asked about it and he closed the recpetion and ran away and I booked another room in nearby hotel. House keeping was poor ,the bed sheets,toilet and building was dirty.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

terrible hostel, to evoid

terrible hostel, dirty, humid, bed to small my feet are outside and iam not tall. personnel very unpleasant and disagrable. every customers present seems to complain. so evoid this place!

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Everything was perfect in Hong Kong expect for this hotel...

the staffs were extremely rude. And this is not coming just from me but from other customers as well. The receptionist was really rude and demanded more deposit money claiming that she does not have any change. I felt quite unhappy and asked her to give me the change back but she was so arrogant and use very broken English. One customer told me that they were denied requests and ALL of the staffs are very rude. Ah, did i mention the wifi connection was really bad too? Deng, very bad start for our trip. My friends and I are willing to pay more to get a room for ourselves instead of cramping in a dormitory, but the room is really bad. the pictures are absolutely different from what were advertised online and very-very small. We stayed there just for one night so it's okay but i won't recommend it if you want to stay longer. The hotel building was quite creepy and a lot of people will come to you once you reach the building. Quite overwhelming and scary welcoming. The lift in the building can only fit around 5 people or 3 people with big luggages like us. If I am being perfectly honest, everything was fine in Hong Kong expect for this accommodation. Next time I'm travelling here, I would definitely not choose this place again. And I won't recommend you to stay here.

the only reason i chose this hotel is because it's easy assess to public transports and it's in the middle of the city.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

there's nothing to be like in this hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

1.the room is not the same with the picture when i booked the hotel 2.staff are really not friendly and not polite at all even worst 3.the room and toilet is super dirty 4.we suppose to check out at 11.30 and the staff will come to your room at 11.00 and tell you to get out right away 5.dont trust this hotel when you booked a room for 2 people they will gave you a room for one person infact they will tell you to give more money on the spot if you want a room for 2 people 6.its not worth id at all,i suggest you guys to take another hotel 7.i arrived at the hotel at 11 a.m and wo can check in at 02 p.m and they ask 30 bucks if i wanna put my luggage while i'm waiting for the check in after all it is really not worth id at all even if you try to find a cheap room near that area there is a lot of hotel with even cheaper price and better condition.for example the hotel at 14th floor in the same building.

there's nothing to be like in this hotel!!!

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

One night stay in Hong Kong
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Entrance to the hostel was a little sketchy at night, a lot of people selling "things". There was no hot water in the shower which was fairly inconvenient.

Comfortable beds, clean bathrooms! Walking distance to Kowloon park and the harbor and lots of restaurants. Really close to the metro too! Woman who checked us in was very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Worst experience ever. Smelly room, cannot breathe, cannot use toilet If you are 150cm and more. No communication with staff, charged more, problems during All stay. Be aware

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

is very bad experience for my life

is very bad experience for my life

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

For the cheapest place in Hong Kong its worthed
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

One small room foe 9 beds? Shower is broken.

The location is perfect

so bad

dont go

The stuff is very rude
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The stuff is very rude The rooms are very dirty No change for the blankets Hot water only for 3 hours AC only at night Too many beds in so small area

Big Mistake Booking at HK STAR
    • Double or Twin Room

place is dirty, foul smell along the hallway. pillows with molds, bed sheet stinks, the water heater is not working

i like not to book here again

Almost everything

Almost everything

I don't like anything

All

I don't like anything

To small roon and linited facilities

not accomodating! very rude owner.

the owner

location of the hotel

Hostel is really nice and clean and the staff were very friendly.
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Hostel is really nice and clean and the staff were very friendly. I would recomend the hostel for solo travellers. Love to stay here again.

more hidden charges...